PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rick Gosselin draft grade: Chiefs get A+

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 06:11 PM
I think this idea that people have that next year's free agency is going to be some kind of deep pool of talent is off base.

With no cap this year, guys with big contracts that teams feel are not players that will play to that contract will be cut or traded, if possible.

The guys that teams want to keep will probably stay put when a new agreement is in place, because teams are going to have tons of money under the cap to keep those guys.

Well, assuming there's no CBA. I think a lot of players got RFA tags from teams who didn't want to commit to them long-term. Sproles and Wilfork immediately come to mind. I don't think we'll ever see a free agency period like we did 10 years ago ever again. But it will be significantly deeper than last year, especially if we install a new cap.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think it will happen frequently, but two TE sets and 2 WR sets will happen enough that will make your idea of McCluster seeing 67% of snaps on downs 1-3 impossible.

As I said, I would fuckign love to be wrong, because he would pretty much have to be a rookie sensation for this to happen over 16 weeks..meaning that even with the 36th pick overall he was a hell of a pick. I would love that, I just think the odds are grim.

With the 36th pick of this particular draft, I'd be very surprised and upset if McCluster wasnt a gigantic contributor offensively to this team, especially watching DeSean Jackson, Maclin and Harvin contribute immediately to their respective teams.

If you're going to take a guy that high with so many needs elsewhere, if he doesn't contribute 50%, 55%, 60% or whatever of the time, you've made a mistake with that pick.

I think they took him there because that's what they expect.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Do you really look at me that way? Because I don't love what we did. If you do, that's fine, but it would surprise me.

I don't hate what we did the way I did on Friday and Saturday, and I'm not driving post after post about it because it's pointless IMO.

I guess silence is golden.

milkman
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
With the exception of Colin Brown, you're right. But I don't think they could have set their "plan" in motion if they had taken more offensive lineman.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the reality.

I'm still shocked that they didn't address the center position this year but apparently, they feel they can count on Weigman for a full season.

I hope they're right...

I'm hoping they saw something in Daryl Harris when they started working him out at center that tells them he might have some potential to be the long term answer there with some work, and that's the reason they didn't address it.

I just can't fathom not addressing it with an aging Weigman and Niswanger as your only options.

milkman
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
I guess silence is golden.

Silence boy.

Children are mean't to be seen and not heard.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm hoping they saw something in Daryl Harris when they started working him out at center that tells them he might have some potential to be the long term answer there with some work, and that's the reason they didn't address it.

I just can't fathom not addressing it with an aging Weigman and Niswanger as your only options.

I'm with you.

I also can't believe that Harris isn't in their plans. He's shown too much in what little time he's played that he belongs.

Pawnmower
04-25-2010, 06:18 PM
With the 36th pick of this particular draft, I'd be very surprised and upset if McCluster wasnt a gigantic contributor offensively to this team.....(snip)

If you're going to take a guy that high with so many needs elsewhere, if he doesn't contribute 50%, 55%, 60% or whatever of the time, you've made a mistake with that pick.

I added the bold and underline for drama LOL...

I agree 100% with you. I could not agree more....(Which I guess is redundant but what the heck!)

The 36th pick over all needs to be someone who contributes, alot. I think it was a poor pick, because I don't see that happening. You are giving me hope that I could be wrong though, and I would love, love LOVE to be wrong. There will be no way of knowing whether or not he was worth #36 for sure until later in the season for sure....to see what he contributes and how much he plays.

There is also the size factor which does play a role in durability in my mind..Will he be able to take a lot of punishment if he plays as much you and I want him to...Will he be able to take NFL hits and keep on ticking if he plays as much as you and I need him to, to justify his value at #36.

Again, this can't be known until later in his career, but I think there were better ways to go that were less of a risk..and less 'gimmicky.'

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
If it was any team but Baltimore that took Kindle and Cody, I wouldn't be as pissed for passing on those guys. Newsome taking them means they are pretty darn good players. I love Berry and Asamoah picks. They are two future all-pros. Molkei is talented but he is Brodie Croyle of the Tight Ends. Million dollar talent, one dollar body. 5th round was solid. I love the OLB from Troy. It was a much metter draft but one that could have been better IMO. I love Arenas, but 2nd round was a little high for him. McCluster is a stud but I don't know for the Chiefs right now.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I added the bold and underline for drama LOL...

I agree 100% with you. I could not agree more....(Which I guess is redundant but what the heck!)

The 36th pick over all needs to be someone who contributes, alot. I think it was a poor pick, because I don't see that happening. You are giving me hope that I could be wrong though, and I would love, love LOVE to be wrong. There will be no way of knowing whether or not he was worth #36 for sure until later in the season for sure....to see what he contributes and how much he plays.

There is also the size factor which does play a role in durability in my mind..Will he be able to take a lot of punishment if he plays as much you and I want him to...Will he be able to take NFL hits and keep on ticking if he plays as much as you and I need him to, to justify his value at #36.

Again, this can't be known until later in his career, but I think there were better ways to go that were less of a risk..and less 'gimmicky.'

When it comes to projecting players from college to the NFL, you're going to be correct far more often than not if you project them to fail or not live up to expectations.

I hope that I'm not wrong in projecting him to be an immediate contributor. I'd have to think that Charlie Weis and Todd Haley had an enormous amount of input on this pick, especially since they passed over Golden Tate, so that gives me hope that he'll be a winning player.

Time will tell but I'm certainly not "down" on the selection.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2010, 06:23 PM
He wouldn't have lasted 10 more picks I know that. I am not trying to hijack this Chiefs thread and turn it into another Tebow thread, but I think Tebow will be in the HOF when all is said and done.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 06:24 PM
If it was any team but Baltimore that took Kindle and Cody, I wouldn't be as pissed for passing on those guys. Newsome taking them means they are pretty darn good players.

Baltimore has the luxury of being able to take two questionable players due to their depth and success. Most teams can't take that risk defensively.

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM

I thought I read that they're wondering if Asamoah is an option at Center.

If that's the case, maybe the plan is to have Lilja at LG and Harris or Brown at RG (future state).

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Baltimore has the luxury of being able to take two questionable players due to their depth and success. Most teams can't take that risk defensively.

Baltimore drafts like that every year though. Its why they have the most talented roster in the NFL, they just never had a franchise QB.

BradyFTW!
04-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Ooops my bad :)

In all seriousness I do like Studebaker and I was kind of hoping Sheffield might be a starter then I realized he is going to be playing behind Hali.

I know Studebaker, not really friends with him, but we have have mutual friends. FWIW, he's a really good guy and a hard worker, not that that's any surprise to you I'm sure.

milkman
04-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I thought I read that they're wondering if Asamoah is an option at Center.

If that's the case, maybe the plan is to have Lilja at LG and Harris or Brown at RG (future state).

Regardless, if they don't have a backup plan already in place not addressing the center position is simply unfathomable.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 06:36 PM
The difference is that Pioli isn't going to be happy until he's got HIS 53 guys in place.

It's a huge gamble, IMO, but it's one that Clark Hunt is obviously willing to take.

I'll take that response as you saying that Detroit does have more talent than us, mainly because they don't value leadership over talent.

At this point, they really are only missing a lockdown corner and a true LTOTF. Though it is entirely possible that Fox could become that guy.

My guess is that they'll win 5-6 games this year in a brutal division, and we'll win the same amount in a terrible division and playing a weak schedule.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Baltimore drafts like that every year though. Its why they have the most talented roster in the NFL, they just never had a franchise QB.

It's amazing that the same 6-8 teams, who are drafting in the 20's and 30's almost every year are the best drafting teams.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
It's amazing that the same 6-8 teams, who are drafting in the 20's and 30's almost every year are the best drafting teams.

Basically Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Indy draft really well each year.

tk13
04-25-2010, 07:01 PM

It's true, which is interesting because I think they all have different draft philosophies. I think a lot of people like the Ravens because they seem to play the most of the traditional "board" that most NFL fans have. I think they really view things the way most of the hardcore draft fans here do.

Not that the Steelers don't, but I think they'll veer a little more off course, but seem to always take guys who were very productive. I feel like they'll take a very productive college player over someone who's a little more "hype" or who may have a question mark.

And the Colts just give everyone a big middle finger and pretty much do whatever they want. They don't play by anyone's board or analysis. But at this point they've done so well it's just gotten to the point nobody questions them anymore. Kind of a rare situation.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
I'll take that response as you saying that Detroit does have more talent than us, mainly because they don't value leadership over talent.

At this point, they really are only missing a lockdown corner and a true LTOTF. Though it is entirely possible that Fox could become that guy.

My guess is that they'll win 5-6 games this year in a brutal division, and we'll win the same amount in a terrible division and playing a weak schedule.

The Lions are only a corner and LT away? Really? The Lions right side of the line is terrible. Cherilus is awful. They have Julian Peterson at linebacker and that's it. They have Gunther calling their defense.

I just don't get all this Lions love. They have Calvin, Delmas, Suh and Stafford. I'm no Javid Best fan due to his concussion issues and size.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Baltimore drafts well because they take the obvious pick, big name guy falls, he pretty much always ends up a Raven. Their team comes up you go, hrm who's the best player left here? Baltimore takes him...

There's something to be said for being smart enough to just take the obvious pick instead of drafting bumblefuck mcleadership from slapdick U because you must show how brilliant you are or value things that aren't talent.

ILChief
04-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Baltimore drafts well because they take the obvious pick, big name guy falls, he pretty much always ends up a Raven. Their team comes up you go, hrm who's the best player left here? Baltimore takes him...

There's something to be said for being smart enough to just take the obvious pick instead of drafting bumblefuck mcleadership from slapdick U because you must show how brilliant you are or value things that aren't talent.

So if Washington had taken Berry, we should have taken Okung correct? He would have been arguably the best guy on the board

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:13 PM
So if Washington had taken Berry, we should have taken Okung correct? He would have been arguably the best guy on the board

That's an arguable point, what I'm saying is you never see Baltimore make picks like Tyson Alualu or see them take some guy in the 3rd round that everyone goes "uh who?"

Brock
04-25-2010, 07:31 PM
That's an arguable point, what I'm saying is you never see Baltimore make picks like Tyson Alualu or see them take some guy in the 3rd round that everyone goes "uh who?"

Yeah, they don't ever do anything like draft tight ends in consecutive rounds.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Considering Todd Heap is made of glass and they don't have any real considerable needs...

BossChief
04-25-2010, 07:35 PM
And Dane, the only TE in this draft with gigantic upside was Jimmy Graham, not Tony Moeaki.time will tell.

I disagree.

I have seen far more of the kid than most here and I think I am pretty objective. By mid season, there will be multiple threads talking about how they are glad we did what we did to get this kid.

He is a better version of Visante Shiancoe IMO.

In case you aren't aware, 40 times do matter for defensive backs, build the slowest team in football, watch what happens to you.well, in this scheme the corners ability to cover deep in one on one coverage is minimized. Especially with Berry roaming back there. Quickness, preperation, tackling and ability to diagnose what is going on within the confines of the play are qualities that are definitely a premium over long speed.

I think he is a elite returner that should be a solid nickle corner.

Dorsey missed one game.

And IIRC, the Ravens ran for over 200 yards in the opener.
"hes just a 5-technique, a position that holds little positional value"

People are comparing him to Welker, FFS. Wes Welker is a legit slot WR.

This guy is a RB we're converting to slot WR.Id like to throw out there that Dexter has played wide out in previous years extensively. Not lined up in the backfield and moved in motion, was a receiver.

You know, you've once again lost all of your credibility with me.

You fucking talk in absolutes then when challenged, ask one of your stupid, passive-aggressive questions.

I'll ask you once again, which offensive lineman from rounds 3-7 did the Chiefs pass on, that would have made such a HUGE contribution.

I already admitted I was wrong about Urbick.

What the FUCK is wrong with you not being able to admit when you're wrong or not being able to back up your SHIT?

Hootie's right: You're a fucking PHONY.

And I've just joined in with the other 11,997 Chiefsplanet members in laughing at YOU.

shit just got real

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't even hate Arenas but that other safety they took, I can't fathom what that guys going to do other than play special teams.

I don't generally pimp 40's but I do think they matter for DB's and WR's.

-King-
04-25-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't even hate Arenas but that other safety they took, I can't fathom what that guys going to do other than play special teams.

I don't generally pimp 40's but I do think they matter for DB's and WR's.

Exactly, just ask brandon flowers...oh wait
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:46 PM
He ran a 4.5 not a 4.8

Pawmnower
04-25-2010, 07:48 PM
He ran a 4.5 not a 4.8

Safetes are slower than DB's you fukcing idjiot

Mecca
04-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Safeties are DB's...say safeties are slower than CB's, it makes more sense.

penchief
04-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Jamaal Charles and Dexter McCluster on the field at the same time is a scary ****ing thought for any defensive coordinator....

Denver is already having nightmares.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
He ran a 4.5 not a 4.8

who ran a 4.8?

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I bet Kendrick Lewis is as fast as Darren Sharper.

Mecca
04-25-2010, 08:07 PM
The safety the Chiefs picked he ran a 4.72 and a 4.81, those are very poor times.

Ok Sharper was not that slow when he was a young player and generally an older player can use his brain to get by his speed declining, this guy might be a nice special teams guy I can't really see much more than that.

JASONSAUTO
04-25-2010, 08:13 PM
The safety the Chiefs picked he ran a 4.72 and a 4.81, those are very poor times.

Ok Sharper was not that slow when he was a young player and generally an older player can use his brain to get by his speed declining, this guy might be a nice special teams guy I can't really see much more than that.

wow so now you are reduced to bitching about a 5th rd pick?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM

We'll have to see. I don't know anything about the kid. I've seen a few scouting reports that say that he plays faster than he's timed and that while he doesn't have elite speed, it didn't look like it was a big issue. But no idea how reliable any of it is. I think no matter what, anyone you take at that area of the draft can be somewhat of a crapshoot.

crispystl420
04-25-2010, 08:19 PM
I was pretty down on this draft outside of Berry but maybe I am just stupid.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/042510dnspogoosegrades.3f4b050.html

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GRADE: A+
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/logos/football/circlelogo-kcc.gif The Chiefs drafted the NFL defensive rookie of the year in Berry and a slew of other good players. Arenas was the best returner in the draft, and McCluster will give the AFC matchup problems at both running back and receiver.

Yeah Arenas is a much better returner than Spiller. Gie me a break.

philfree
04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Yeah Arenas is a much better returner than Spiller. Gie me a break.

If you look at the numbers?

PhilFree:arrow:

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Yep.

I hate this team, that's why I've spent over $25k of my hard-earned money to attend games, at home and on the road, over just the last 7 years alone.

I'm absolutely shocked to see that this post was ignored.

DeezNutz
04-25-2010, 08:23 PM
If you look at the numbers?

Are we really going in this direction?

Like the picks? Great. Justify the picks? Cool. Make fucking ridiculous comparisons and analogies? Please.

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 08:25 PM

I'm hoping it was ignored because most of us know that anyone who questions you as a fan should be kicked in the nads.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping it was ignored because most of us know that anyone who questions you as a fan should be kicked in the nads.

I'm just waiting for a response to the person that repeatedly claims I'm not a fan of this team.

DeezNutz
04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
OTW isn't even a ****ing fan.

Just like he tries to prove his superior intelligence in his posts, he's using dollars spent to try to make us envy his socioeconomic status.

He's no Wes Welker.

Pawnmower
04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
I hope that I'm not wrong in projecting him to be an immediate contributor.

Time will tell but I'm certainly not "down" on the selection.

Saying he will be an immediate contributor is one thing, I agree with that.

Previously, you were claiming he would be involved in 70% of the offensive snaps, I disagreed.

Then you changed to 67% of the snaps on downs 1-3...I disagreed

Now you are changing to say he will be a contributor.

I finally agree.

(I am down on the selection though, so I will continue to disagree with you on that part until he proves me wrong)

Pawnmower
04-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm absolutely shocked to see that my internet claims of 25,000 dollars spent and how it proves I am the biggest fan of all time were ignored.

fixed

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
OTW isn't even a ****ing fan.

Just like he tries to prove his superior intelligence in his posts, he's using dollars spent to try to make us envy his socioeconomic status.

He's no Wes Welker.

No, if we're making ridiculous comparisons, I'm Devin Hester, fuckstick.

philfree
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Are we really going in this direction?

Like the picks? Great. Justify the picks? Cool. Make ****ing ridiculous comparisons and analogies? Please.

Take it where you want.......Poor post on my part. Still these were good picks even though they weren't what some expected.....

OnTheWarpath58
fixed

Reading is fundamental, jackhole.

I'm far from the team's biggest fan, nor did I claim to be.

And the many people here that know me personally know that number to be accurate - they know I had season tickets for 5 years, and some have traveled with me to road games.

So kindly fuck yourself.

teedubya
It's Wexter McHestelker

Chiefnj2
04-25-2010, 08:35 PM
This is the same post draft rationalization that took place last year.

Prior to the draft, and especially after day 1, NOBODY was saying - It would be great if Pioli grabbed McCluster and Arenas in the 2nd and made a move for a TE that spent more time on IR than on the field.

It was a good draft if you were a team that had a foundation. The Chiefs don't have one. Whatever happened to building a team from inside out?

tk13
04-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Some of you guys really don't give an inch. Spiller is definitely more explosive but Arenas is one of the most prolific return men in the history of college football.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:39 PM

Prior to the draft, and especially after day 1, NOBODY was saying - It would be great if Pioli grabbed McCluster and Arenas in the 2nd and made a move for a TE that spent more time on IR than on the field.

It was a good draft if you were a team that had a foundation. The Chiefs don't have one. Whatever happened to building a team from inside out?

I've seen this take posted several times, yet I've found that no one is able or willing to counter it.

Go read pages 43-45 of the draft thread. It's comedy fucking gold.

Everybody hated the pick until Mike Mayock said what a great pick it was.

Then people flip-flopped just like they did with the Cassel acquisition.

DeezNutz
04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
No, if we're making ridiculous comparisons, I'm Devin Hester, ****stick.

I'm Denzel Washington, so it's cool.

Count Zarth
04-25-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm Denzel Washington, so it's cool.

Are you black? Really?

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
OTW you sayin McCluster isnt a play maker?

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM

no one gives a shit about how much money you spend on the team LMAO

Congratulations man.

Feel free to become a Ravens fan...I know I won't miss you.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:45 PM
no one gives a shit about how much money you spend on the team LMAO

Congratulations man.

Feel free to become a Ravens fan...I know I won't miss you.

I don't expect them to, fuckhole.

Just pointing out your claims, as always, are bullshit.

Stick to gambling, watersports and rape. You're good at those.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Some of you guys really don't give an inch. Spiller is definitely more explosive but Arenas is one of the most prolific return men in the history of college football.

When you have the league's 31st ranked run defense, use a 4th or 5th round pick on special teams. In the 2nd and 3rd rounds find a NT and some LB's to stop the run and/or generate a rush. Find a full time WR who can actually catch the ball when it is lobbed 10 yards down field. Take a chance on a RT who won't let your QB get shell shocked by week 10 so that on the rare occassion he does get time in the pocket, he doesn't melt down.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
OTW you sayin McCluster isnt a play maker?

?

Uh, mind quoting the post that leads you to that thinking?

BossChief
You havent ever came across as a guy that genuinely doesnt like this team.

Ever.

You sometimes seem to have an agenda with Pioli, but that is understandable. Some of us have higher standards than others and I for one can understand wanting more for this team.

now...

I think it was very telling though when somebody asked Mecca to give three reasons he likes this team and he didn't offer one, just offered an insult to the poster.

I dont think I have heard that guy make a single post out of all of his many on here that: admit a mistake, celebrate a win, give a reason to indicate he actually likes this team and wants them to win more than he wants himself to be right that they will never be good, or that anything about this team is anything more than total garbage.

it gets old

DeezNutz
Are you black? Really?

Nope. Unfortunately, I'm white.

The Denzel reference is from a thread a year or so ago when posters were guessing what others looked like. Jilly views me as Denzel, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Of course, I'm better looking IRL, but my man Washington is decent enough for you douches.

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 08:48 PM

Not many people were excited about last year's draft. I admit that I was okay with the Tyson Jackson pick, but thought the rest of the draft sucked.

But I'm sick of hearing that the Chiefs have to build a foundation before you can take these kinds of players. Do these guys help you win football games? Yes. Will they in 3-5 years? Yes. Were they good values for their draft slot? Yes.

The worst thing you can do is to go against your board because you were walking into a pick with tunnel vision and only paying attention to 2-3 positions. That's exactly what got Carl Peterson in trouble year after year after year. How many years in a row did we overvalue DTs because it was a need we needed to fill? Between Siavii, Downing, Freeman, etc... Woof.

Count Zarth
04-25-2010, 08:49 PM

The Denzel reference is from a thread a year or so ago when posters were guessing what others looked like. Jilly views me as Denzel, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Of course, I'm better looking IRL, but my man Washington is decent enough for you douches.

Good...I see everyone on Chiefsplanet as white...except our token black guy wutamess.

philfree
04-25-2010, 08:49 PM

Sorry man.....

It's your life to hate.....

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 08:50 PM
When you have the league's 31st ranked run defense, use a 4th or 5th round pick on special teams. In the 2nd and 3rd rounds find a NT and some LB's to stop the run and/or generate a rush. Find a full time WR who can actually catch the ball when it is lobbed 10 yards down field. Take a chance on a RT who won't let your QB get shell shocked by week 10 so that on the rare occassion he does get time in the pocket, he doesn't melt down.

We weren't going to be a Super Bowl team, no matter who we drafted this year.

So what does it matter if we have a lower-ranked run defense this season, if we end up improving our pass defense and our run/pass offense based on picks we made this year? We weren't going to fix it all. Especially with this kind of an offseason, where free agents were pretty limited.

tk13
04-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Where did I try to justify the Arenas pick? I said he's one of the most prolific return men in CFB history. I don't think that's an inaccurate statement. I didn't say it was a good pick. I don't even know why I post here anymore. It's just a bunch of people who care more about being right on some message board. It's so stupid. I didn't say a single thing about that being a good pick. I wanted Cody in that spot. This whole board would be better off if they flushed the whole damn thing and started over.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't expect them to, ****hole.

Just pointing out your claims, as always, are bullshit.

Stick to gambling, watersports and rape. You're good at those.

stick to thinking you actually know what you're talking about...you're decent at that.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
You havent ever came across as a guy that genuinely doesnt like this team.

Ever.

You sometimes seem to have an agenda with Pioli, but that is understandable. Some of us have higher standards than others and I for one can understand wanting more for this team.

Like everyone else my age or older, I've been waiting for decades to see this franchise build a winner.

When Carl fucked up, I called him on it.

When Carl did well, I praised him for it.

I'm doing the same with Pioli - except I will admit - I expect more from a guy that people continue to pimp as the greatest executive that ever lived.

He wasn't my first choice, but I want him - expect him - to make the right moves. And I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and ignore the evidence that's right in front of me just so I can come here and act like a WPI homer.

If I had an anti-Pioli agenda, would I have praised the Berry and Asomoah picks?

People just read what they want to read.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 08:53 PM
?

Uh, mind quoting the post that leads you to that thinking?

Well you keep bitching about him. What the fuck are you complaning about if he makes plays? He's worth more than the fatass Cody.

Von Dumbass
04-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Wow, your tune changed as soon as you drafted Tebow. Before, it was, they are just doing their due diligence, they won't take him.... now, he is the steal of the draft.

Love it. keep it up. We can always use more objectivity in here.

You are really talking out of your backside. I didn't really say much about Tebow going into the draft. I didn't think we would draft him because McDaniels traded for Brady Quinn.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Were they good values for their draft slot? Yes.

Can you point me to one, at least semi-respected analyst, who had McCluster ranked in the top 40?

Or, how about Arenas in the top 50?

I don't recall seeing those guys ranked that high, but maybe I completely overlooked it.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:56 PM
stick to thinking you actually know what you're talking about...you're decent at that.

Put your money where your mouth is.

I have no doubt that the board respects my takes/football knowledge more than yours.

Start a poll.

I'll leave forever if I lose. No mults. I'll honor the bet.

If you lose, you take a walk. Same rules.

So either start the poll and prove your claim, or be a chickenshit, back down, and come back tomorrow making the same, bullshit claims like the pussy you are.

Be a man for once in your life.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Well you keep bitching about him. What the fuck are you complaning about if he makes plays? He's worth more than the fatass Cody.

If you would read, I'm not bitching about the player.

I'm not thrilled they took him over impact players at positions of MUCH greater need.

Like I've said, they must value WR3 and nickle CB's over being able to stop the run.

DeezNutz
04-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Sorry man.....

It's your life to hate.....

:facepalm:

There aren't enough of these in the world. Please tell me I'm missing the sarcasm.

philfree
04-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Can you point me to one, at least semi-respected analyst, who had McCluster ranked in the top 40?

I don't recall seeing those guys ranked that high, but maybe I completely overlooked it.

Why don't you go find the negative rep on them instead.....I respect you as a poster so I'm not being coy.....Find the neg rep on who we drafted.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 09:00 PM
If you would read, I'm not bitching about the player.

I'm not thrilled they took him over impact players at positions of MUCH greater need.

Like I've said, they must value WR3 and nickle CB's over being able to stop the run.

Sorry man I never read three pages back it's too much work. I agree somewhat but it wasn't like the slot position wasn't a need and this team has so many holes I knew not every position would be filled. With that said i'm curious what the defense will look like with Berry and if Jackson improves. Gillberry also needs to play more.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:03 PM
are you a fucking idiot?

You JUST talked about my fondness for gambling...

Why would I take a losing bet?

Just because you yell louder than me and have guys like Hamas Jenkins on your side doesn't mean you know what you're talking about...

You guys prove it every year when you don't realize how little you really know when it comes to these prospects...you think you're some sort of a "draft guru" but you refuse to acknowledge you just take the work of others and spin it off as your own...you read everything anyone who follows the draft reads, and decide which things you want to believe in which things you don't want to believe...

and then you guys watch the combine and decide Bruce Campbell is an elite prospect...and pretend like you know what you're fucking talking about...and then bash guys like Casserly for saying he is terrible on film...and then when he falls you're like "great pick! great pick!"

Of course it's a great pick...you fucking creamed your pants over the guy because he is a freakish athlete with little football ability...

You're know-it-alls who watch one or two college football games per week...be honest...how many complete Ole Miss football games did you watch from start to end last year?

Be honest.

What about Maryland Terapin games?

Exactly.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:03 PM
how many Troy games did you catch last year OTWP?!

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:04 PM

Scott Wright:

McCluster - 77
Arenas - 84

http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TOP.php

Rick Gosselin:

McCluster - 55
Arenas - 64

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/042110dnsponfldrafttop100.3f50970.html

Those are the only two respected guys that do a Top 100 list, AFAIK.

Mock drafts:

Kirwan's Final Mock:

McCluster - 65
Arenas - 88

Mayock only did a 1 round mock.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2010, 09:05 PM
JFC. 6 months of this shit. :facepalm: Is it training camp time yet?

Count Zarth
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Rookie camp is just around the corner, and then OTAs. Soon we will all be overreacting at the slightest bit of news.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
are you a fucking idiot?

You JUST talked about my fondness for gambling...

Why would I take a losing bet?

Just because you yell louder than me and have guys like Hamas Jenkins on your side doesn't mean you know what you're talking about...

You guys prove it every year when you don't realize how little you really know when it comes to these prospects...you think you're some sort of a "draft guru" but you refuse to acknowledge you just take the work of others and spin it off as your own...you read everything anyone who follows the draft reads, and decide which things you want to believe in which things you don't want to believe...

and then you guys watch the combine and decide Bruce Campbell is an elite prospect...and pretend like you know what you're fucking talking about...and then bash guys like Casserly for saying he is terrible on film...and then when he falls you're like "great pick! great pick!"

Of course it's a great pick...you fucking creamed your pants over the guy because he is a freakish athlete with little football ability...

You're know-it-alls who watch one or two college football games per week...be honest...how many complete Ole Miss football games did you watch from start to end last year?

Be honest.

What about Maryland Terapin games?

Exactly.

If all I do is yell louder, then you should win easily.

I don't know anything about football, remember?

Fucking coward.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Mock drafts dont mean shit.

philfree
04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Rookie camp is just around the corner, and then OTAs. Soon we will all be overreacting at the slightest bit of news.

No way!

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Gosselin also had Moeaki at #48...but that goes ignored?

How did Walter Football's 2nd round look? How close were they?

Exactly.

2nd round mocks are total, complete crapshoots and no one really has any idea where a player is going to fall.

Like I said...

After the first 10-15 picks...throw the mocks out the window because they aren't even going to be close anymore.

Nailing a 1st round NFL draft pick for pick is probably 10 times harder than sweeping a March Madness bracket...maybe harder...

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Like everyone else my age or older, I've been waiting for decades to see this franchise build a winner.

When Carl ****ed up, I called him on it.

When Carl did well, I praised him for it.

I'm doing the same with Pioli - except I will admit - I expect more from a guy that people continue to pimp as the greatest executive that ever lived.

He wasn't my first choice, but I want him - expect him - to make the right moves. And I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and ignore the evidence that's right in front of me just so I can come here and act like a WPI homer.

If I had an anti-Pioli agenda, would I have praised the Berry and Asomoah picks?

People just read what they want to read.

You have a problem because he was voted as the executive of the year, which really doesn't mean a whole lot of shit in his position with the Chiefs.

It really seems to me that you are the only one (constantly) bringing that up.

Also, you keep harping on stopping the run. Just because Cody is a massive body does not mean he's going to be an effective run stopper in this league. If that was the case, just sign Turdell Sands again.

Cody is as much of a part-time player as Arenas and McCluster if not more. He's a non-existent presence in a pass game. He was the slowest person ever timed at the combine if I'm correct. There are a ton of red flags when it comes to him. Cam Thomas obviously has a lot of issues for him to fall that far as well.

Pioli made some fucking terrible moves that we can all agree that weren't the right ones last year, but there's no way I can sit here and say that the moves I want mapped out, or you do, are the right ones for this franchise until I see how the ones presented get an opportunity to play in a real game.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
If all I do is yell louder, then you should win easily.

I don't know anything about football, remember?

****ing coward.

Oh...

When have I ever confused anyone on this website of "liking" me more than you.

I don't give a shit if people like you more than me...congratulations...that's their prerogative...

Just because you and Hamas are the "in" clique on ChiefsPlanet...doesn't mean I want to go thread to thread fluffing you between jerk off sessions like you're pal DCS...

I'll stay independent, thank you. My loyalty is to myself and myself only!

Reerun_KC
04-25-2010, 09:11 PM
You're the guy that could never shut the hell up about your hate for Herman ****ing Edwards, hypocrite.

ROFL. Oh noes reerun said something about herm over 2 years ago. He must fail at caring and botching about the chiefs.

Oh this is so funny!

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
I love how people are just focusing on the mocks, and not on the Top 100 lists, which in Gosselin's case, is compiled by speaking to each team and getting their thoughts on these players.

If Rick Gosselin has Javier Arenas as the 64th best player, it's because his research - with the teams themselves as the primary source - believe him to be the 64th best player.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
so are you going to keep ignoring the fact Moeaki was the 48th player?

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
I love how people are just focusing on the mocks, and not on the Top 100 lists, which in Gosselin's case, is compiled by speaking to each team and getting their thoughts on these players.

If Rick Gosselin has Javier Arenas as the 64th best player, it's because his research - with the teams themselves as the primary source - believe him to be the 64th best player.

So what you're telling me is that Gosselin can't possibly watch college football tape consistently enough to form his top 100? His final draft is what he has heard from evaluators about what will happen. His first mock is based on his rankings for players.

So if we are calling Arenas the 64th best player in the draft, are we now calling Moeaki the 48th? Does that mean he was a steal in the 3rd?

OnTheWarpath58
Oh...

When have I ever confused anyone on this website of "liking" me more than you.

I don't give a shit if people like you more than me...congratulations...that's their prerogative...

Just because you and Hamas are the "in" clique on ChiefsPlanet...doesn't mean I want to go thread to thread fluffing you between jerk off sessions like you're pal DCS...

I'll stay independent, thank you. My loyalty is to myself and myself only!

I didn't say anything about "like."

This isn't a popularity contest.

You said I didn't know anything about football.

So I challenged you to post a poll asking who's football takes are more respected, mine, or yours.

I'm guessing that if I don't know anything about football, you'll win in a landslide.

Too bad you're a pussy that hides behind a keyboard, who's unwilling to back up what he says.

Coward.

dirk digler
I've seen this take posted several times, yet I've found that no one is able or willing to counter it.

Go read pages 43-45 of the draft thread. It's comedy fucking gold.

Everybody hated the pick until Mike Mayock said what a great pick it was.

Then people flip-flopped just like they did with the Cassel acquisition.

I responded when Hamas asked it. I can only speak for myself but 1. I didn't really know who he was and 2. it threw my completely off because he was listed as a RB.

After I went and educated myself in the last couple of days I am pretty happy with the pick. The kid is going to be a play maker and I think you are going to be pretty pleased about him.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:17 PM
so are you going to keep ignoring the fact Moeaki was the 48th player?

We weren't talking about Moeaki, now were we?

With that said, Moeaki was a value pick. My issue with him is that he can't have an impact if he's injured, and that we traded up to get him when there was no way in hell the 7 teams in front of us were going to take him. And that we've spent 4 picks on 2 TE's in the past two drafts.

Moeaki fell for the same reasons Kindle fell - injury concerns.

Funny how no one wanted Kindle because of injury concerns, but Moeaki's a fucking steal.

Reading is fundamental, fuckhole.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:19 PM

So I challenged you to post a poll asking who's football takes are more respected, mine, or yours.

So then you're admitting you're an idiot then, right?

You know as well as I do that a poll on this website is nothing more than a popularity contest.

Now...

If you want to go over our posting history...football post by football post...every single one of them...I think you'd realize I don't get any credit for usually having a pretty good idea about the quality of a player or the quality of a team.

Just last year...I called Chris Johnson as the best RB in the NFL before the season even started...and told everyone they were nuts to think Carson Palmer was a franchise caliber QB...

Those are just two things...two things everyone knows now but before the season Mr. Knowledge himself Mecca couldn't get over and referenced over and over and over again..

he won't even talk about Carson Palmer anymore...he knows what I've said about him all along...and we all know how good Mecca is at trying to deflect things when he's wrong.

dirk digler
04-25-2010, 09:20 PM

There are several people in this thread that said Gosselin draft grade was complete shit. Do you agree or disagree with his grades?

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 09:21 PM

With that said, Moeaki was a value pick. My issue with him is that he can't have an impact if he's injured, and that we traded up to get him when there was no way in hell the 7 teams in front of us were going to take him. And that we've spent 4 picks on 2 TE's in the past two drafts.

Funny how no one wanted Kindle because of injury concerns, but Moeaki's a ****ing steal.

Reading is fundamental, ****hole.

To be fair here, Kindle's injury concerns poped up the weekend of the draft. He needs some sort of microfracture surgery. People knew about Moeaki's issues long before. I don't think Moeaki necessarily fell. I think the late 3rd round is where he was slotted to go all along.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:21 PM
So then you're admitting you're an idiot then, right?

You know as well as I do that a poll on this website is nothing more than a popularity contest.

Now...

If you want to go over our posting history...football post by football post...every single one of them...I think you'd realize I don't get any credit for usually having a pretty good idea about the quality of a player or the quality of a team.

Just last year...I called Chris Johnson as the best RB in the NFL before the season even started...and told everyone they were nuts to think Carson Palmer was a franchise caliber QB...

Those are just two things...two things everyone knows now but before the season Mr. Knowledge himself Mecca couldn't get over and referenced over and over and over again..

he won't even talk about Carson Palmer anymore...he knows what I've said about him all along...and we all know how good Mecca is at trying to deflect things when he's wrong.

A lot of words just to make excuses.

Fucking coward.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM

Funny how no one wanted Kindle because of injury concerns, but Moeaki's a ****ing steal.

then Asomoah was a value pick, too...

so according to Gosselin we drafted 4 2nd round picks...but we only had 2 2nd round picks! Amazing how that works out.

It's funny that you cite Gosselin's top 100 as reasons why McCluster and Arenas were terrible picks...but then the other two guys we took later were amazing value picks according to that very list...

and that list you hold as such gospel...we had 7 picks in this draft and 5 of them were in Gosselin's top 64...including the #3 overall...

Oh man...

We sure lost that draft!

Damn that Pioli!

philfree
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM

I'm guessing that if I don't know anything about football, you'll win in a landslide.

Too bad you're a pussy that hides behind a keyboard, who's unwilling to back up what he says.

Coward.

Your football takes suck!

~mine do too but c'mon man you didn't really go there~

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
To be fair here, Kindle's injury concerns poped up the weekend of the draft. He needs some sort of microfracture surgery. People knew about Moeaki's issues long before. I don't think Moeaki necessarily fell. I think the late 3rd round is where he was slotted to go all along.

Wrong, Frank.

His injury concerns weren't known to FANS until right before the draft.

And every report I read is that only ONE team believes he needs microfracture surgery.

Kindle missed how many games in college? Moeaki?

Just Passin' By
This shit gets stupider every year, as more and more people think they should be GMs because they're good at Madden or fantasy football.

Chocolate Hog
Wait so the Ciefs draft sucked because the Chiefs reached for Mccluster who was rated like sixty something on gosselins list. The same guy who gave the Chiefs an A? Hmmmmmmmmm

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
A lot of words just to make excuses.

****ing coward.

make excuses?

You're a ****ing idiot.

There have been very, VERY, VERY few occasions on which my football takes were way off on this website.

VERY FEW

But we could do a poll that featured me versus luv and I would lose...and I'm a bigger slut...

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
then Asomoah was a value pick, too...

so according to Gosselin we drafted 4 2nd round picks...but we only had 2 2nd round picks! Amazing how that works out.

It's funny that you cite Gosselin's top 100 as reasons why McCluster and Arenas were terrible picks...but then the other two guys we took later were amazing value picks according to that very list...

and that list you hold as such gospel...we had 7 picks in this draft and 5 of them were in Gosselin's top 64...including the #3 overall...

Oh man...

We sure lost that draft!

Damn that Pioli!

I've done nothing but praise the Asomoah pick the entire weekend, you fucking dolt.

Swing and a miss.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
The Chiefs took 5 of Gosselin's top 64 and OTWP is trying to use that list as a reason why the Chiefs lost this draft!

It's comedy.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM

Kindle would have been a high second round pick. At least one team thinks Kindle will need micro fracture surgery. That could end his career. Kindle also has a maturity issue.

Now, without the knee problems, I would have been for taking him despite the maturity concerns. I think he is a young kid and he will mature.

But, Moeaki does not have an injury that threatens his career. Do you see the difference? Yes, he has been banged up, so maybe you get 10 games a season out of him.... but he isn't facing a problem that could end his career.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I've done nothing but praise the Asomoah pick the entire weekend, you ****ing dolt.

Swing and a miss.

wow you really danced around that point...

5 picks within his top 64 and you're using it to reference why the Chiefs had a bad draft...

That was the point...

and everyone loved the Asomoah pick...because it was a great fucking pick! Just like the 3 picks before him...

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM

I think that Pittsburgh fans would disagree, considering the fact that their offensive line is in shambles, their ILB's have sucked ass for a while (and have been covered by their OLB's), they've taken receiver after receiver after receiver trying to fill a void and when they finally did, they traded him for a 5th.

This year, Pittsburgh took THREE ILB's and two offensive lineman. Urbik from last year has been awful.

As for Indy, Ugoh was a disaster. It's really difficult to say if Peyton Manning is the reason for their offensive success or not. I guarantee that if Garcon, Collier and company played for the Chiefs in 2009, their numbers wouldn't be even close to what they've been.

Baltimore wins the draft every year at this point in time, yet hasn't been to the Super Bowl since after the 1999 season.

Something's amiss with their evaluation process.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM
you know the only thing I'm looking forward to right now?

The fact Mecca, Hamas and IF WE'RE LUCKY OTWP should be leaving the site now for a month or two...maybe three if we're lucky...

So that's good.

The Bad Guy
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Wrong, Frank.

And every report I read is that only ONE team believes he needs microfracture surgery.

It's not an issue about him missing games in college. It's an issue of the problem he obviously currently has that threw up a red flag for him to slide that bad. Why else would he slide like that?

Sirius NFL Radio guys, all of them, had him firmly in the top 25.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
I think that Pittsburgh fans would disagree, considering the fact that their offensive line is in shambles, their ILB's have sucked ass for a while (and have been covered by their OLB's), they've taken receiver after receiver after receiver trying to fill a void and when they finally did, they traded him for a 5th.

This year, Pittsburgh took THREE ILB's and two offensive lineman. Urbik from last year has been awful.

As for Indy, Ugoh was a disaster. It's really difficult to say if Peyton Manning is the reason for their offensive success or not. I guarantee that if Garcon, Collier and company played for the Chiefs in 2009, their numbers wouldn't be even close to what they've been.

Baltimore wins the draft every year at this point in time, yet hasn't been to the Super Bowl since after the 1999 season.

Pertaining to the point you made about Indy...

Yep. That's what I've said all along...

Peyton Manning makes everyone on the offense better...and it's simply an interchangeable offense as long as #18 is there...

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
The Chiefs took 5 of Gosselin's top 64 and OTWP is trying to use that list as a reason why the Chiefs lost this draft!

It's comedy.

No, I'm not, jackhole.

Someone asked if any respected pundit had McCluster in the top 40, or Arenas in the Top 50.

I posted Gosselin, which is a solid a reference as you'll get on the web.

Both were rated 15-20 spots higher than they were taken.

If you could read, or would choose to read, you'd already know that I'm not a fan of the draft because they chose role players over starters at positions of desperate need.

Slot WR, TE and KR aren't as important as ILB and pass rushers, IMO. And the board fell perfectly to fill those desperate needs without reaching. We passed. I'm not a fan. The End.

doomy3
04-25-2010, 09:31 PM

This is a solid post.

chiefzilla1501
04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Wrong, Frank.

Some interesting notes:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/04/and_now_the_tro.html
Is he narcoleptic and have ADHD?

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/04/23/what-is-the-story-surrounding-the-knee-of-texas-lb-sergio-kindle/
This seems to be the main source. Who knows how much truth there is to it, but it's out there.

Then, I'm sure people don't want to hear this, but there's the character issue. DWI. And he drove into a building while texting. So does he have a real good head on his shoulders? Who knows.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
what board?

the same board that hamas took Clausen at #1 and Campbell ahead of Anthony Davis in the 1st round!

If that board is what you're talking about...I don't want it anywhere near the Chiefs war room on draft day.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Kindle would have been a high second round pick. At least one team thinks Kindle will need micro fracture surgery. That could end his career. Kindle also has a maturity issue.

Now, without the knee problems, I would have been for taking him despite the maturity concerns. I think he is a young kid and he will mature.

But, Moeaki does not have an injury that threatens his career. Do you see the difference? Yes, he has been banged up, so maybe you get 10 games a season out of him.... but he isn't facing a problem that could end his career.

If more than ONE team thought it was serious, I'd side with you.

I wouldn't be shocked if we're the team that red-flagged him

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
But we could do a poll that featured me versus luv and I would lose...and that slut didn't even know what a safety was 6 months ago...

Hey if you can quote your own posts and act like they go ignored, so can I!

Not going to respond to this one, eh?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-25-2010, 09:35 PM

And yet.... he loves the Chiefs's draft. Odd.

McCluster wasn't a reach. The funny part is that you really gripe about Moeaki.... yet.... he was like #48 on Gosselin's top 100. You should be ecstatic that the Chiefs got such 'value'.

McCluster was going to be taken with the next pick. He wasn't a reach at all. And, after what Devon Hester did.... gifted returners don't last past the second round either.

Nearly everyone not on this board loves this draft....odd how so many national writers can be so wrong.... I guess they just don't have your 'vast' knowlege.

DeezNutz

But you know exactly what's been missing there: QB. And they've also done a terrible job trying to acquire a legit #1 WR.

Mason is money for a ton of receptions--much appreciated in PPR leagues--but he's not a game changer.

With Boldin and, I believe, an ascending Flacco, Baltimore is going to be a really solid team.

CosmicPal

More than one team thought it was serious, hence why he fell in the draft.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:36 PM

You act as if there aren't 31 other teams trying to get to the SB as well.

You really want to use SB appearances as a knock on their drafting?

I'll remember that when we don't make the playoffs, much less the SB under Scott Pioli.

Short Leash Hootie
It's awesome...

He's using Gosselin (who gave us an A+ for our draft) as a source for why our draft sucked.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud

And when was the last time that this amazing drafting led to an AFC Championship, let alone a Super Bowl?

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 09:37 PM

Which is probably why the won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer, yet haven't been able to get there in 11 years.

No "outside the box" thinking.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:37 PM
More than one team thought it was serious, hence why he fell in the draft.

Does every team in the league NEED a OLB?

He fell approximately 10 spots. Did he fit the needs of any of those teams?

Do any of those teams even play a 34?

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
It's awesome...

He's using Gosselin (who gave us an A+ for our draft) as a source for why our draft sucked.

LMAO

No, I'm not, you fucking POS. Learn to read.

Not only are you a coward, you're a fucking troll.

Chiefnj2
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
This shit gets stupider every year, as more and more people think they should be GMs because they're good at Madden or fantasy football.

The people who have been questioning this teams personnel decisions the last several years are wrong? 10 wins in 3 seasons and those griping are the ones not in touch with reality?

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:39 PM
dude...those guys LOVED the Bengals draft last year because the Bengals basically signed on to ChiefsPlanet and made their picks...

so far they basically ended up with one good two down player (Maualuga) and a KR...

Oh man I'm so jealous.

SenselessChiefsFan

First, more than one team did think it was serious. One team thought he would need micro fracture surgery, but nearly every team thought it was serious. Otherwise, he doesn't make it out of the first round. His maturity issues weren't enough to keep him from getting drafted no later than 25.

It will be interesting to see how his career goes, because I really liked him until I found out about the knee.

And, Moeaki isn't my favorite player. He has tremendous skills, but typically, oft injured players in college don't suddenly become durable in the NFL.

That said, he was one of the best all around talents. If not for his injury history, he goes in the top half of round two. (IMO). So, it is a risk. Taking a risk with a 4th and 5th round pick is different than doing it with a high second round pick.

We will see if he can stay healthy, because if so, the Chiefs drafted a stud. If not, they gambled with a 4th/5th instead of a high second.

Short Leash Hootie
No, I'm not, you ****ing POS. Learn to read.

Not only are you a coward, you're a ****ing troll.

I'm a coward because I'd lose to you in a popularity contest on ChiefsPlanet.com?

doomy3
04-25-2010, 09:40 PM

Yeah, basically half the teams drafting after where he was projected play a 3-4 and most of them could use pass rushers, but you already know that.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Who wants to bet Mecca leaves the board when the Chiefs make the playoffs? Notice he was never around last year when the Chiefs won.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:41 PM

McCluster wasn't a reach. The funny part is that you really gripe about Moeaki.... yet.... he was like #48 on Gosselin's top 100. You should be ecstatic that the Chiefs got such 'value'.

McCluster was going to be taken with the next pick. He wasn't a reach at all. And, after what Devon Hester did.... gifted returners don't last past the second round either.

Nearly everyone not on this board loves this draft....odd how so many national writers can be so wrong.... I guess they just don't have your 'vast' knowlege.

Gosselin is not a scout. He doesn't form his 100 list on his opinion, but the research he gathers from each team.

Saying Rick Gosselin likes our draft is like saying any other columnist likes our draft.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Gosselin is not a scout. He doesn't form his 100 list on his opinion, but the research he gathers from each team.

Saying Rick Gosselin likes our draft is like saying any other columnist likes our draft.

ROFL

Oh, ok.

Damnit!

What a shitty draft we had! Only columnists like our draft...fuck! If only we hired Mecca/OTWP and Hamas Jenkins to do our drafts for us!

RedThat

You know I want to elaborate on this statement you just made.

I had this thought the other day, and said to myself why draft a guy like Arenas in the 2nd round? When a lot of people would say you could have him in the 5th or 6th?

10 years ago I would agree you don't select a returner in the 2nd round because you could easily find those guys in the 5th, 6th or 7th rounds. But I think in todays NFL more teams are emphasizing and focusing on the kick return positon than ever before. With that being said, it forces the teams hands by taking them sooner rather than later because they just don't last to the later rounds anymore.

Short Leash Hootie
Who wants to bet Mecca leaves the board when the Chiefs make the playoffs? Notice he was never around last year when the Chiefs won.

mecca and hamas probably quit the board again...

hopefully it stays permanent this time

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm a coward because I'd lose to you in a popularity contest on ChiefsPlanet.com?

Hell, I'll give you an out.

Start a poll asking if I'm one of the more knowledgeable posters on the forum. Or if my takes are respected.

Then you have nothing to do with it, other than leaving when you're proven wrong.

You made the claim, coward. Back it up.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-25-2010, 09:45 PM

Given that he talks to so many teams, and knows much of what they think of players. His grade of our draft is based on that... not his own scouting.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 09:45 PM
But you know exactly what's been missing there: QB. And they've also done a terrible job trying to acquire a legit #1 WR.

Mason is money for a ton of receptions--much appreciated in PPR leagues--but he's not a game changer.

With Boldin and, I believe, an ascending Flacco, Baltimore is going to be a really solid team.

Yes, I do know what's been missing.

But apparently, while they seem to win the draft each year, their QB evaluation has been the only roadblock to the Super Bowl.

Regardless of why they haven't been to the Super Bowl, they haven't been to the Super Bowl.

philfree
04-25-2010, 09:46 PM

Start a poll asking if I'm one of the more knowledgeable posters on the forum. Or if my takes are respected.

Then you have nothing to do with it, other than leaving when you're proven wrong.

You are a dumfuk/Chiefsplanet

Feel better now?

I D 10 T

SenselessChiefsFan
04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
You know I want to elaborate on this statement you just made.

I had this thought the other day, and said to myself why draft a guy like Arenas in the 2nd round? When a lot of people would say you could have him in the 5th or 6th?

10 years ago I would agree you don't select a returner in the 2nd round because you could easily find those guys in the 5th, 6th or 7th rounds. But I think in todays NFL more teams are emphasizing and focusing on the kick return positon than ever before. With that being said, it forces the teams hands by taking them sooner rather than later because they just don't last to the later rounds anymore.

I understand where OTW is coming from on this. But, these were special talents with good character. The only other guys left were either guys with question marks or average good character kids.

While these may look like luxury picks... they are guys that are special. Not just bodies to fill the roster and guys that make an impact as soon as they get on the field.

I think the Chiefs played the draft perfectly.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
You act as if there aren't 31 other teams trying to get to the SB as well.

Dude, I respect you but this comment is way out of bounds. Out of respect to you, I'm not going to address it.

You really want to use SB appearances as a knock on their drafting?

As Joey Porter (or some Miami Dolphin said last summer) about the Jets: "Hey man, they're the offseason Champs!"

It really doesn't matter how well you supposedly draft if the end result, especially after more than a decade of "winning" drafts, you have nothing to show for it.

I'll remember that when we don't make the playoffs, much less the SB under Scott Pioli.

Now that's just your ego showing.

No one is suggesting that the Chiefs are a playoff team in 2011, let alone, 2010.

This team has a long, long way to go before they're consistently competing in the playoffs, regardless of whether or not Pioli's the GM or not.

splatbass
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
No - what's completely unfair is to forget that everyone is entitled to thier own opinion. If it's different from yours, it's not moronic, it's just a difference of opinion.

That goes both ways. The drafturbaters here shout down and insult anyone that dares disagree with them.

Just Passin' By
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
The people who have been questioning this teams personnel decisions the last several years are wrong? 10 wins in 3 seasons and those griping are the ones not in touch with reality?

The jackholes who've been bitching about every pick that doesn't suit their agenda to a tee, yes.

Whether they, and apparently you, care to admit it or not, they don't know what the hell they're talking about. All the bitching about offensive linemen not getting drafted by the Chiefs last year should have made that abundantly clear when those same O-linemen accomplished essentially nothing on the field. Instead, those same ass clowns who ignore that lack of production from the offensive linemen rookies go bashing on the Chiefs because the rookies Pioli chose didn't all become Pro Bowlers in their first year.

aturnis
04-25-2010, 09:52 PM
I just don't see it, personally. I mean 67% is way too high to be realistic IMO. Also 'constantly' I guess is subjective...but I see him as more of a situational player. 3rd downs, maybe some second & longs, and as a slot receiver...I just dont see it adding up to a 36th overall this season for this team...

I really hope I am wrong though. (I hope he has enough talent and durability to do more).

This is the percentage of plays per game New England plays Wes Welker. While I don't expect to see McCluster used quite as often. This does show that 50-60% of offensive snaps does make it realistic. Especially beings he seems to be a good blocker for a guy his size.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 09:52 PM

are you not getting the point?

Seriously...

are you stupid?

IT IS A POPULARITY CONTEST...THAT'S ALL IT WOULD BE...

Is that so tough to understand?

CosmicPal
04-25-2010, 09:53 PM

Let's put it this way: Had the Chiefs drafted Sergio Kindle in the 2nd round, this board, particularly YOU, Mecca, and Hamas would all be crying foul because Kindle is a serious injury risk- an injury that PALES in comparison to Moecki's minor injuries.

The fact is, had we drafted him you guys would be dissing the pick because you're NEVER, EVER content with anything the front office and coaching staff do. You guys just phucking whine like a teenage girl with a bad haircut. It's the same shit with you guys every year. It gets fucking old.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:58 PM
No one is suggesting that the Chiefs are a playoff team in 2011, let alone, 2010.

This team has a long, long way to go before they're consistently competing in the playoffs, regardless of whether or not Pioli's the GM or not.

Funny, I specifically recall you being in the group of people that expected a playoff caliber team by the 3rd year.

That group generally was expecting 4-12, 8-8, then a playoff run.

If you're backing down from that, fine. But make sure you explain why you're doing so.

My guess is because Scott Pioli hasn't done his job to the level he was expected.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Let's put it this way: Had the Chiefs drafted Sergio Kindle in the 2nd round, this board, particularly YOU, Mecca, and Hamas would all be crying foul because Kindle is a serious injury risk- an injury that PALES in comparison to Moecki's minor injuries.

The fact is, had we drafted him you guys would be dissing the pick because you're NEVER, EVER content with anything the front office and coaching staff do. You guys just phucking whine like a teenage girl with a bad haircut. It's the same shit with you guys every year. It gets fucking old.

Is that why I named 8-10 guys worthy of that spot? Kindle being one of them?

I expect this shit from Hootie, but you're better than this.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Funny, I specifically recall you being in the group of people that expected a playoff caliber team by the 3rd year.

That group generally was expecting 4-12, 8-8, then a playoff run.

If you're backing down from that, fine. But make sure you explain why you're doing so.

My guess is because Scott Pioli hasn't done his job to the level he was expected.

No, I explained here, just in case you missed it:

I think I have this whole thing figured out.

I had no idea what Pioli was doing last year. He drafted guys for the 3-4 and brought in 40 players off the street that were mostly familiar with the "system", their way of doing things. I didn't agree with it, but I'm beginning to understand their philosophy.

First and foremost, they're looking for leaders, smart instinctive football players and guys that will be at the core of this team for a decade. Guys that will be willing to take a little less when free agency comes around, just to be part of the "system" that will be in place. I think this draft solidifies this notion.

I also believe that Pioli knows he can't find playmakers in free agency, so he drafted playmakers this year. Berry, McClusters, Arenas and Moeaki all have the potential to be explosive, game changing playmakers. Asamoah could be a 10 year starter, maybe longer. Lewis plays much faster on film than his 40 time indicates because he's got natural football instincts, same with Sheffield.

I think the Chiefs passed on fatfuck Cody and broke Kindle (along with a few other defensive players) because they honestly believe that Jackson, Magee, Dorsey, Mays, Belcher and Studebaker make a big leap from year one in their defense to year two. Personally, I don't disagree.

I also think that it will be much easier for them to grab an NT and a few linebackers at cutdown than for them to find a dynamic WR/RB, CB/Returner and a TE in the mold of Dallas Clark.

What's become extremely clear is that Pioli has five full years in which to build this franchise in his image and that he's under no pressure to win now. With that being the case, he's going to build it exactly as he sees fit, regardless of what anyone else thinks or believes.

Only time will tell if he's successful or not, but I for one am in no way, shape or form, disappointed with this draft because he got playmakers and instinctual, productive football players that will help this team for a long time.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
are you not getting the point?

Seriously...

are you stupid?

IT IS A POPULARITY CONTEST...THAT'S ALL IT WOULD BE...

Is that so tough to understand?

So now it's a popularity contest when you have nothing to do with it?

I'm in a popularity contest with myself.

You're fucking pathetic.

tonyetony
04-25-2010, 10:02 PM

If you're trying to tie your self worth to the few posters that actually like you on this board you are PATHETIC. I think you've become a better poster the last 6 months but please don't overrate yourself it could be embarrassing for you.

Go ahead and start the poll and if you lose will you actually leave this time?

CosmicPal
04-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Is that why I named 8-10 guys worthy of that spot? Kindle being one of them?

I expect this shit from Hootie, but you're better than this.

My emphasis was on those who were desirous of getting Kindle with the pick.

If you named 8-10 guys in an earlier post, I didn't see it. My apologies.

-King-
04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
ROFL

Oh, ok.

Damnit!

What a shitty draft we had! Only columnists like our draft...fuck! If only we hired Mecca/OTWP and Hamas Jenkins to do our drafts for us!

Looking at Hamas' 2009 CP mock draft picks, I have to say that he severely overestimates his draft knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
If you're trying to tie your self worth to the few posters that actually like you on this board you are PATHETIC. I think you've become a better poster the last 6 months but please don't overrate yourself it could be embarrassing for you.

LOL Ghey is ghey....

RedThat
I understand where OTW is coming from on this. But, these were special talents with good character. The only other guys left were either guys with question marks or average good character kids.

While these may look like luxury picks... they are guys that are special. Not just bodies to fill the roster and guys that make an impact as soon as they get on the field.

I think the Chiefs played the draft perfectly.

Me too. I must admit I like what Scott Pioli is doing.

I think he is focusing towards building a better culture in the locker room and at the same time he is adding players with playmaking ability. Thats impressive right there.

*As far as the luxury picks go, I don't exactly think of those picks as luxury picks mainly because I feel both McCluster and Arenas will provide versatility to this team and will improve this team in more ways than one.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
So now it's a popularity contest when you have nothing to do with it?

I'm in a popularity contest with myself.

You're ****ing pathetic.

I just think it's funny that you and your buddies get so worked up over this stuff when you are just cherrypicking this shit in the first place...and clearly the people you are cherrypicking it from don't know jackshit...just like you, just like me...

Walter Football...ROFL

whoever runs that site is more pathetic than mecca...and mecca is like 30, has never had a job, and lives at home

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:06 PM
That goes both ways. The drafturbaters here shout down and insult anyone that dares disagree with them.

No, we shout down and insult people that don't fucking read, and then inaccurately post bullshit about what they "think" we are saying.

I was just accused of seing no value in the Asomoah pick, when I've done nothing but praise the pick all fucking weekend.

Forgive me if I get pissed off when people sling bullshit - that they KNOW goes against what is posted here in black and white - just to troll.

Short Leash Hootie
Looking at Hamas' 2009 CP mock draft picks, I have to say that he severely overestimates his draft knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

linkage?

OnTheWarpath58
I just think it's funny that you and your buddies get so worked up over this stuff when you are just cherrypicking this shit in the first place...and clearly the people you are cherrypicking it from don't know jackshit...just like you, just like me...

Walter Football...ROFL

whoever runs that site is more pathetic than mecca...and mecca is like 30, has never had a job, and lives at home

Keep moving those goalposts, coward.

DaneMcCloud

Dude, please.

You should know me much better by now. If I'm out to make a point, I'll make a point. I bypassed this in favor of answering your other question because it's kind of silly and pointless to compare both rosters, man by man. And in all honesty, I think the Chiefs have better coordinators and more talent on the whole than Detroit, outside of the QB position and the WR position.

The Chiefs could easily win six this year. If the ball rolls their way, they could conceivably win eight. Now, there's virtually no chance they make the playoffs but if their personnel decisions are even 50% correct (TJ, Weignman, Lilja along with the draft), I find it very difficult to argue that this team isn't dramatically improved.

They're not improved enough to challenge for the division title or a playoff spot, but they are improved.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
No, I explained here, just in case you missed it:

Yeah, that's what you posted this weekend.

Did you, or did you not expect a playoff run by Year Three when Pioli was hired?

I'll gladly apologize if I'm wrong, but I recall you sharing a similar opinion to Me, Deez, Flopnuts, etc.

philfree
04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Keep moving those goalposts, coward.

NO...You are a pathetic person if this is where you're taking this.....I've read negative BS about this all day....It's invalid....

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
I've posted this list from the 2009 draft multiple times, and Hootie never responds to it:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6448698#post6448698)
Yeah..

Sanchez--Obviously a terrible pick
Beanie Wells--Another awful pick
Cody Brown--Hurt his wrist in PS, spent the year on IR
Coye Francies--Had a Donald Washington-esque year for the Browns.
Jasper Brinkley--Starting for the Vikings
David Bruton--Played the whole year for the Broncos
Cornelius Lewis--That's a bust of a pick, no doubt
Gerald Cadogan--Not a good pick
Mike Goodson--Drafted by Carolina. Spent the year behind Stewart and Williams.
Rhett Bomar--Giants 3rd/4th string QB as a rookie. Developmental player, that's notbad.
DeAngelo-Smith. Backup safety for the Lions
Terrance Knighton--45 tackles and 1.5 sacks as a rookie for the Jags. Was actually drafted in the 3rd round, got him in the 6th.
Josh Mauga--7th round LB. Bounced back and forth on the Jets' PS
Roy Miller--yth round DT who had 27 tackles and 2 sacks as a rookie. Was actually drafted in the 3rd round.
Kenny McKinley--WR drafted in the 5th by the Broncos I got in the 7th. Saw some KR and ST action as a n00b.
Brandon Tate--6th round pick for me, 3rd in reality. It's a pick you take and put him on IR b/c of his knee injury his Sr. Year. It'll pay off down the road.
Thomas Morestead--Punter for the Saints. They took him in the 5th, I got him in the 6th for the Pats.
Cary Harris--last pick for the Pats. He was drafted by the Bills in the 6th round. Had two picks as a rookie.
Don Carey-7th round pick who actually went in the 6th. Plays for the Jags. Developmental player who spent the year on IR.
Camerron Morrah-6th round pick by me who went in the 7th. Played the whole year for the Seahawks, but didn't see much time behind John Carlson.
Bradley Fletcher--6th round player I picked who actually went in the third. Finished with 3 starts and 23 tackles as a rookie
Robert Brewster--7th rounder that I got for the next to last pick in the draft. He was drafted in the 3rd round by Dallas, and projects to be their RTOTF.
Brandon Swain--DII player I took as MR. Irrelevant. Never amounted to anything. So sue me.

So please, tell me how terrible that draft is.

2008:

Gholston--Looking like a monumental bust
Nicks--One of the best young guards in football
Cliff Avril--3rd Round pick, 10.5 sacks and 7 FF in two years
Thomas DeCoud--Starter for the Falcons. 68 Tackles, 3 picks, 2 sacks, 2 FF last year
Matt Forte--Should have been the OROY. 4th round pick
Jonathan Goff-- Took over as starting MLB for the Giants last year
Tyvon Branch--2 year starter for the Raiders. 124 tackles last year as a safety

Those were my picks in the first four Rounds of the 2008 draft. Every one hit but Gholston.

So please, tell me I don't know anything about projecting players.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Hamas embarrasses himself every year in that mock draft...

every year...

I think it's so funny that those guys watch one or two college football games per week, dodge this point every time, and then claim they know something based off of what they've seen...and won't admit they simply cherrypick the information from scouting services found on the internet and then decide what they want to roll with, and what they don't want to roll with based off of whether they like the guy with the information or not.

I'd be willing to bet Hamas didn't watch Bruce Campbell play more than two times...and that's being generous...

as he was bashing Charlie Casserly for saying Campbell looked bad on tape...acting like Casserly (the ballsy GM who took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and was with Washington when they raped New Orleans in that Ricky Williams deal) doesn't know anything...

the dude took a late round OT before Anthony freaking Davis...

he passed on Bradford for a guy that ended up going 48th overall...at #1...

he took Vernon Gholston #1 overall because of his combine numbers...

that dude just needs to shut the fuck up and start doing damage control...

Actually I'll go on...

He told me Peyton Manning's 1st half INT in the 2006 AFC Championship game (a game the Colts ended up winning) was more devastating to his team that game then Tom Brady's season ending INT in that same game, in Colts territory, where a TD sends the Pats to the Super Bowl. This is something he said...

He also said Brett Favre COULDN'T POSSIBLY be the best player on the Vikings because Peyton Manning is a better QB than Brett Favre and Brett Favre plays on the same team as Kevin Williams.

I know, right?

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah, that's what you posted this weekend.

Did you, or did you not expect a playoff run by Year Three when Pioli was hired?

I'll gladly apologize if I'm wrong, but I recall you sharing a similar opinion to Me, Deez, Flopnuts, etc.

In year one, yes, absolutely. I incorrectly assumed that Scott Pioli would come in and pick up right where Carl & Kuharich left off.

I was wrong and have voiced my concerns ad nauseam on this forum for the better part of 14 months.

So in short, I do not believe that by year three, they'll be a consistent playoff team. It would be awesome IF it happens but at this point in time, I think it's going to be difficult.

I would love, however, to be wrong.

Chocolate Hog
My boy Phillip Dillard will be replacing Goff at ILB.

Count Zarth
I've posted this list from the 2009 draft multiple times, and Hootie never responds to it:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6448698#post6448698)
Yeah..

Sanchez--Obviously a terrible pick
Beanie Wells--Another awful pick
Cody Brown--Hurt his wrist in PS, spent the year on IR
Coye Francies--Had a Donald Washington-esque year for the Browns.
Jasper Brinkley--Starting for the Vikings
David Bruton--Played the whole year for the Broncos
Cornelius Lewis--That's a bust of a pick, no doubt
Gerald Cadogan--Not a good pick
Mike Goodson--Drafted by Carolina. Spent the year behind Stewart and Williams.
Rhett Bomar--Giants 3rd/4th string QB as a rookie. Developmental player, that's notbad.
DeAngelo-Smith. Backup safety for the Lions
Terrance Knighton--45 tackles and 1.5 sacks as a rookie for the Jags. Was actually drafted in the 3rd round, got him in the 6th.
Josh Mauga--7th round LB. Bounced back and forth on the Jets' PS
Roy Miller--yth round DT who had 27 tackles and 2 sacks as a rookie. Was actually drafted in the 3rd round.
Kenny McKinley--WR drafted in the 5th by the Broncos I got in the 7th. Saw some KR and ST action as a n00b.
Brandon Tate--6th round pick for me, 3rd in reality. It's a pick you take and put him on IR b/c of his knee injury his Sr. Year. It'll pay off down the road.
Thomas Morestead--Punter for the Saints. They took him in the 5th, I got him in the 6th for the Pats.
Cary Harris--last pick for the Pats. He was drafted by the Bills in the 6th round. Had two picks as a rookie.
Don Carey-7th round pick who actually went in the 6th. Plays for the Jags. Developmental player who spent the year on IR.
Camerron Morrah-6th round pick by me who went in the 7th. Played the whole year for the Seahawks, but didn't see much time behind John Carlson.
Bradley Fletcher--6th round player I picked who actually went in the third. Finished with 3 starts and 23 tackles as a rookie
Robert Brewster--7th rounder that I got for the next to last pick in the draft. He was drafted in the 3rd round by Dallas, and projects to be their RTOTF.
Brandon Swain--DII player I took as MR. Irrelevant. Never amounted to anything. So sue me.

So please, tell me how terrible that draft is.

2008:

Gholston--Looking like a monumental bust
Nicks--One of the best young guards in football
Cliff Avril--3rd Round pick, 10.5 sacks and 7 FF in two years
Thomas DeCoud--Starter for the Falcons. 68 Tackles, 3 picks, 2 sacks, 2 FF last year
Matt Forte--Should have been the OROY. 4th round pick
Jonathan Goff-- Took over as starting MLB for the Giants last year
Tyvon Branch--2 year starter for the Raiders. 124 tackles last year as a safety

Those were my picks in the first four Rounds of the 2008 draft. Every one hit but Gholston.

So please, tell me I don't know anything about projecting players.

http://i.imgur.com/OGASr.png (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

OnTheWarpath58
Dude, please.

You should know me much better by now. If I'm out to make a point, I'll make a point. I bypassed this in favor of answering your other question because it's kind of silly and pointless to compare both rosters, man by man. And in all honesty, I think the Chiefs have better coordinators and more talent on the whole than Detroit, outside of the QB position and the WR position.

The Chiefs could easily win six this year. If the ball rolls their way, they could conceivably win eight. Now, there's virtually no chance they make the playoffs but if their personnel decisions are even 50% correct (TJ, Weignman, Lilja along with the draft), I find it very difficult to argue that this team isn't dramatically improved.

They're not improved enough to challenge for the division title or a playoff spot, but they are improved.

Why is it silly to compare, Dane?

Some of us were championing Schwartz as the new HC of the Chiefs.

He was hired at the same time as Pioli/Haley.

Why is it silly to compare two teams that started over, both with next to nothing on their roster?

I know that if I were trying to make the point that KC has done a better job over the past 15 months, I wouldn't want to compare the rosters either.

This isn't a knock on you personally. You're my boy. But the overall tone of this place is EXACTLY like last year.

Everyone hates the picks initially, (sans Berry and Asomoah) then begin to rationalize it because some pundits like it - instead of sticking to their opinion.

It happened after the Cassel trade, it happened after last year's draft, and it happened this weekend.

Short Leash Hootie
No, we shout down and insult people that don't ****ing read, and then inaccurately post bullshit about what they "think" we are saying.

I was just accused of seing no value in the Asomoah pick, when I've done nothing but praise the pick all ****ing weekend.

Forgive me if I get pissed off when people sling bullshit - that they KNOW goes against what is posted here in black and white - just to troll.

no one accused you of that ROFLROFLROFL

you were blasting the McCluster and Arenas picks citing Gosselin's top 100...and conveniently ignoring the fact Moeaki was #48 and Asomoah was like #54...

You cited a guy who gave us an A+ to prove your point on why our draft sucked.

In other words...

your and idiot

RedThat
04-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Dude, please.

Yup. I agree.

I even think last year as bad as this team was last year, they could've won 6 or 7 games. Only reason I say that, they blew 2 or 3 they should of won. And, if you think about it, lets say Charles started the whole season alone from game 1, I think just having him alone would of helped us win a couple of more games.

LJ sucked so bad, and he was clearly a big reason why this team and offense was atrocious from the start. As soon as the Chiefs released him and Charles started, they were a bit of a different team.

*I think they could win 7 this year. You're right not improved enough to challenge for a playoff spot. I think they will though once they improve the defense.

-King-
04-25-2010, 10:14 PM
linkage?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203486
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2010, 10:16 PM
One of these days I'm going to have to look through the mocks to see how I've done picking players. I've honestly never bothered.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:17 PM
NO...You are a pathetic person if this is where you're taking this.....I've read negative BS about this all day....It's invalid....

I'm pathetic Phil?

The coward claims I know nothing about football.

I simply asked him to poll the people. If I'm the football idiot he says I am, it shouldn't be an issue.

You understand the concept of standing behind your claims, don't you Phil?

You wouldn't make false accusations, just to troll the board, and then hide behind your keyboard when called on it, would you?

I don't think you would, Phil, because you appear to have some integrity.

I'm just asking him to be a man, and stand behind his comment.

Mr. Flopnuts
And in today's NFL it doesn't matter how devoid your roster is of talent. It's not a 5 year process anymore. It's from 1-3 tops in my humble opinion.

That said, I'm still firmly on the 8-8 or GTFO band wagon.

Short Leash Hootie
http://i.imgur.com/OGASr.png (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

2009 is not good...especially since you took Sanchez when the team already spent a high 2nd on Cassel...fucking moron of a pick...

Beanie Wells is a good, yet obvious pick. When you take a RB early, he better be good.

Other than that...I see NOTHING that makes me think, "wow, I'd sure love to have that player on KC!"

and 2008...

you took Vernon Gholston #1 overall.

Matt Forte is a dime a dozen back...

Uh...

Avril and Nicks...good picks. Congrats.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
In year one, yes, absolutely. I incorrectly assumed that Scott Pioli would come in and pick up right where Carl & Kuharich left off.

I was wrong and have voiced my concerns ad nauseam on this forum for the better part of 14 months.

So in short, I do not believe that by year three, they'll be a consistent playoff team. It would be awesome IF it happens but at this point in time, I think it's going to be difficult.

I would love, however, to be wrong.

Thank you for your honesty.

KCwolf
04-25-2010, 10:18 PM

Why is it silly to compare two teams that started over, both with next to nothing on their roster?

I know that if I were trying to make the point that KC has done a better job over the past 15 months, I wouldn't want to compare the rosters either.

This isn't a knock on you personally. You're my boy. But the overall tone of this place is EXACTLY like last year.

Everyone hates the picks initially, (sans Berry and Asomoah) then begin to rationalize it because some pundits like it - instead of sticking to their opinion.

It happened after the Cassel trade, it happened after last year's draft, and it happened this weekend.

Very Very Few were happy about last years Draft........

splatbass
04-25-2010, 10:19 PM

You realize this is year two, right?

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm pathetic Phil?

I simply asked him to poll the people. If I'm the football idiot he says I am, it shouldn't be an issue.

You wouldn't make false accusations, just to troll the board, and then hide behind your keyboard when called on it, would you?

You're missing the point...

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks...

I form my own opinions based off of what I believe...

I don't care what GoChiefs, or Dane, or Flopnuts, or Knowmo, or Vailpass, or Frazod, OR ANYONE thinks...if I agree with them it's because I honestly agree with them...

I honestly think you're a want-to-be know-it-all who ends up knowing far less than he really knows and you keep proving it and proving it and proving it.

Every time you click "Submit Reply"...

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
OTW you are comparing apples to oranges my friend. This time last year the team didn't sign a guy like Chambers or Jones. Didn't draft anyone nearly as good as Berry or an impact player like McCluster. I'll even say there was no player this time last year that was good of a pick as Asmogah sp?

RedThat
04-25-2010, 10:21 PM
And in today's NFL it doesn't matter how devoid your roster is of talent. It's not a 5 year process anymore. It's from 1-3 tops in my humble opinion.

I think it depends what kind of shape your roster is in once a new regime takes over.

3 years is a solid amount of time to build a team imo. Provided that a lot of things go your way. But it could take longer sometimes. It all depends Flop.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-25-2010, 10:21 PM
The rest of my picks from '08

Jalen Parmele: Took over KR duty for the Ravens last year and averaged 31 yards per return (7th rounder)
Kerry Brown: Busted Out (5th)
Lance Leggett: Never Stuck (7th)
King Dunlap: Philly's back up LT (6th)
Kellen Davis: Red zone threat for the Bears caught 3 TDs last year. (6th)
Brian Johnston: We all remember him (6th)

That was the rest of my '08

philfree
04-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm pathetic Phil?

You are out of touch if you want a poll to secure your ? Planethood? Grow up man. You have devalued yourself....Why?

OnTheWarpath58
no one accused you of that ROFLROFLROFL

you were blasting the McCluster and Arenas picks citing Gosselin's top 100...and conveniently ignoring the fact Moeaki was #48 and Asomoah was like #54...

You cited a guy who gave us an A+ to prove your point on why our draft sucked.

In other words...

your and idiot

I didn't ignore anything, you coward. There you go, yet again.

I've done nothing but PRAISE the Asomoah pick the entire fucking weekend.

How exactly am I ignoring his value?

Short Leash Hootie
Hamas...

whoever you cherrypick your information from drafts almost as good as Carl Peterson...nice job!

DeezNutz
I'll even say there was no player this time last year that was good of a pick as Asmogah sp?

True.

I'm sorry, but the specter of a dog shit QB looms large over this franchise, and I admit that it clouds my perception and potential optimism.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I didn't ignore anything, you coward. There you go, yet again.

I've done nothing but PRAISE the Asomoah pick the entire ****ing weekend.

How exactly am I ignoring his value?

If we took Asomoah at 36, how would you have felt?

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
You are out of touch if you want a poll to secure your ? Planethood? Grow up man. You have devalued yourself....Why?

I don't need anyone to secure anything, Phil I'm not the one hiding behind the keyboard. I attend Planet functions, go on road trips with Planeteers, etc. I'm not hiding - I'm right here in the open.

What I would like, however, is the coward to stand behind his statement.

Shit like this has gone unchecked for too fucking long.

Put up, or shut up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
2009 is not good...especially since you took Sanchez when the team already spent a high 2nd on Cassel...fucking moron of a pick...

Beanie Wells is a good, yet obvious pick. When you take a RB early, he better be good.

Other than that...I see NOTHING that makes me think, "wow, I'd sure love to have that player on KC!"

and 2008...

you took Vernon Gholston #1 overall.

Matt Forte is a dime a dozen back...

Uh...

Avril and Nicks...good picks. Congrats.

Forte had almost 2000 yards from scrimmage as a rookie
Branch would have led our team in tackles last year
Goff is a starter on a really good front seven

From 2009, Sanchez is going to be a franchise QB

Beanie Wells went to Tampa who other people didn't think needed a RB. He wasn't an obvious pick

I had no second rounders and yet got 3 players in the 6th round or later who were picked in the third, including Terrance Knighton, who was an all-rookie performer.

That's not to mention guys like Brinkley or Harris, who would be perfect fits for this defense, or Thomas Morestead, who ruined the Super Bowl for your beloved Peyton.

Just Passin' By

I posted this in another thread, and it's not aimed at you (save to show you the number part) so please don't take any offense where none is intended, but your 1-3 year notion is out of touch with the reality of the NFL:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6712918#post6712918

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:25 PM
If we took Asomoah at 36, how would you have felt?

Moving the goalposts AGAIN?

We didn't. What's the point?

Mr. Flopnuts
I think it depends what kind of shape your roster is in once a new regime takes over.

3 years is a solid amount of time to build a team imo. Provided that a lot of things go your way. But it could take longer sometimes. It all depends Flop.

The only way it takes longer in my opinion is if your new GM decides to come in and completely ignore what little strengths the team has and scraps the whole thing and starts over.

I guess this fan base has decided since it hasn't won a Super Bowl in 40 years, 5 more to making the playoffs is no big deal. That's not good enough for me. Not that my opinion means shit anyways.

Short Leash Hootie
I think Sanchez is going to end up being a bust...didn't see anything I liked from him last year...that team did everything they could to protect the fact they had no confidence in that guy throwing passes...

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Embarrassing for me?

Who are you, again?

DaneMcCloud

It's silly to compare because the Lions have, for the most part, been at the bottom of the NFL for nearly a decade. They should have much more talent on their roster than the Chiefs, just due to draft position alone.

I would really like to avoid getting into a position by position analysis in this particular thread, but I'd take Albert over Backus, Waters/Asamoah over Barry Sims, and the turd I just cut over Gosder Cherilus.

I think Delmas is a player but I'll take Berry every time. They play a 4-3, we play a 3-4 so the LB position is different, I'd take our running backs, CB's, etc.

I think the Chiefs will be further along in the "process" (Fuck, I hate the word) than the Lions in 2010 and 2011.

But the overall tone of this place is EXACTLY like last year.

See, here's the thing: I only worry about me.

I form my opinions based on information I've gathered, whether it's from this site, SI, PFT, Playboy or Tube8.com.

It's ALL me.

Secondly, I put my ass so far out on the line each year that if I'm wrong, people either take shots at me, relinquish the fact that I'm right, or I have to fess up. Either way, I'm good.

I'm not trying to change anyone's perception when I post and I'm not trying to gain popularity.

This is the ONE place I can come and talk about the Chiefs freely, regardless of whether I'm right, wrong or indifferent because I'm basically on an island in SoCal. No one gives a shit about the Chiefs. It would be like if you were a die hard Dodgers fan living in St. Louis. Who would give a fuck?

Chiefsplanet will alway be comprised by a majority of fans that see no wrong with what their hometown does because it's their hometown team.

I'm just a dude with an outsider's perspective.

Short Leash Hootie
Moving the goalposts AGAIN?

We didn't. What's the point?

our first four picks were amazingly good picks...

that's been my point for three days now

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I posted this in another thread, and it's not aimed at you (save to show you the number part) so please don't take any offense where none is intended, but your 1-3 year notion is out of touch with the reality of the NFL:

Hey, shut me down and I'll give you credit. I only get offended at cheap shots because I don't take them. In other words, we're good. :thumb:

And I understand the Super Bowl argument. But I'm saying that a team should be competing in the playoffs by the 3rd year, not making the Super Bowl. I didn't clarify that, and I should have. 5 years for a title is fine. But I don't expect a team to make the playoffs for the first time in a rebuild and win the Super Bowl in the same year. That's a tough thing to do.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:27 PM

Excellent defense.

Link a post in which you were thoroughly owned, and backed away with your tail between your legs. It doesn't take 5 years to build a playoff team from scratch. And it should take even less when the Executive of the Decade is the one pulling the strings.

philfree
04-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't need anyone to secure anything, Phil I'm not the one hiding behind the keyboard. I attend Planet functions, go on road trips with Planeteers, etc. I'm not hiding - I'm right here in the open.

What I would like, however, is the coward to stand behind his statement.

Shit like this has gone unchecked for too ****ing long.

Put up, or shut up.

I hope you had a life before you ever logged into the planet. This a great place if it's self defining for you then.....I'm sorry.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I think Sanchez is going to end up being a bust...didn't see anything I liked from him last year...that team did everything they could to protect the fact they had no confidence in that guy throwing passes...

God knows there was nothing to like from him in the playoffs.

Short Leash Hootie
how tall is OTWP in real life?

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:30 PM
God knows there was nothing to like from him in the playoffs.

watched all three games...

he had a good game against Cincy...although it was basically all from the play-action pass and the fact they had the #1 rush offense in the NFL...

The Colts game...

They had them.

HAD THEM

but they wouldn't take the diapers off of Sanchez and they played to not let Sanchez fuck up rather than take a shot at going to the Super Bowl.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Thank you for your honesty.

You're welcome.

:D

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:32 PM
our first four picks were amazingly good picks...

that's been my point for three days now

In YOUR opinion.

You think Tony Romo is a HOF QB. Sorry if I don't genuflect at your alter.

In MY opinion, two of our picks were amazingly good, one got us a playmaker even though there were playmakers available at positions of greater need, and one got us a KR that people are trying to convince me will be a decent NCB.

Guess we'll find out in a few years.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 10:33 PM
OTW you are comparing apples to oranges my friend. This time last year the team didn't sign a guy like Chambers or Jones. Didn't draft anyone nearly as good as Berry or an impact player like McCluster. I'll even say there was no player this time last year that was good of a pick as Asmogah sp?

OTW?

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
I hope you had a life before you ever logged into the planet. This a great place if it's self defining for you then.....I'm sorry.

Can you read, Phil?

This isn't about self definition. I know exactly where I stand among the people I know and have allowed into my personal life.

This is about being slandered, and expecting people to stand by their statements.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Guess we'll find out in a few years.

Hey, and let's be clear about one thing: None of us really know the outcome of this draft.

While I'm happy today, 4/25/2010, it's possible that I'm as wrong as Tony "I just came in my sister again" Washington on 4/25/2013.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I think Tony Romo is a HOF caliber QB...we'll see how it plays out...

Hamas said Tony Romo was among the worst QB's in the NFL.

you guys...

I know why I get to you so easily...it's because I'm always so much righter than you...

Whether it's Romo, or Palmer, or Manning, or Brady...

Sorry bra!

tonyetony
Embarrassing for me?

Who are you, again?

I'm a dude that watched you get banned and not take it, I'm also a dude that watched you make a total fool of yourself for the first 3 years you posted.

I lost my post count for some reason but don't really care why, because unlike you I actually have a life.

RedThat
The only way it takes longer in my opinion is if your new GM decides to come in and completely ignore what little strengths the team has and scraps the whole thing and starts over.

I guess this fan base has decided since it hasn't won a Super Bowl in 40 years, 5 more is no big deal. That's not good enough for me. Not that my opinion means shit anyways.

True. I agree with that.

Also, I think the GM has to be a really good gun slinger. I think the GM needs to score a lot. Missing is no good. I think its pure hit and miss.

If you're a bad team drafting in the top 5 two years in a row and you miss on those picks you are in deep trouble because it's those picks that are the differential makers that either set your team back or make your team go forward.

Im part of that fanbase where I've been patient but just willing to hang in there from time to time. If it takes them 3 years great, if it takes them 5, Im cool with that too. As a fan, the most important thing Im always keeping in mind, is, progress. As long as my team is making strides thats what counts. Sometimes it takes long, sometimes it doesn't. But it's the patience that plays an integral role in that sense. The frustration kicks in when I see my team regressing....Herman *cough* Edwards *cough*

Just Passin' By
Hey, shut me down and I'll give you credit. I only get offended at cheap shots because I don't take them. In other words, we're good. :thumb:

And I understand the Super Bowl argument. But I'm saying that a team should be competing in the playoffs by the 3rd year, not making the Super Bowl. I didn't clarify that, and I should have. 5 years for a title is fine. But I don't expect a team to make the playoffs for the first time in a rebuild and win the Super Bowl in the same year. That's a tough thing to do.

But again, go back and look at how few teams achieve the goal that you think is a "should". It almost never happens. When a team gets down to 1-3 wins, it's usually because they really, really suck and have little to no talent. Making it even more difficult, free agency doesn't produce the number of quality players it used to, because the huge jump in the salary cap made cap casualties essentially a thing of the past. Hell, it was even worse this year, with the CBA language limiting free agency even more than usual.

If I were a Chiefs fan, I'd be looking for improvement this season, and not looking for hard win totals of any kind until next season. After all, your notion of the playoffs means that the Chiefs will have to get past some number of the following:

Chargers
Broncos
Patriots
Jets
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals

in order to get there. Out of those teams, do you really see any way that the Chiefs will so quickly overtake the talent on any of those rosters other than the Bengals, who were probably a fluke destined to miss the playoffs this year before Roethlisberger went clubbing?

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:36 PM
the Bengals are probably a 5 win team...

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Steelers don't scare me, Jets are overrated...

I like the Texans next year...

Lets see...

Chargers
Patriots
Colts
Ravens
Texans
Titans

Those are my playoff teams.

OnTheWarpath58
I'm a dude that watched you get banned and not take it, I'm also a dude that watched you make a total fool of yourself for the first 3 years you posted.

I lost my post count for some reason but don't really care why, because unlike you I actually have a life.

Excuse me?

I've never been banned in my 5 years here. Nor have I not honored a bet.

What is it with people making shit up this evening?

philfree
Can you read, Phil?

This isn't about self definition. I know exactly where I stand among the people I know and have allowed into my personal life.

This is about being slandered, and expecting people to stand by their statements.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

I guess I missed the slandering......I read you slandering but besides that I'm at a loss.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
the Colts are going to have a tough, tough schedule...

I'm thinking next year could actually be the Chargers year to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Just Passin' By
04-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Excellent defense.

Link a post in which you were thoroughly owned, and backed away with your tail between your legs. It doesn't take 5 years to build a playoff team from scratch. And it should take even less when the Executive of the Decade is the one pulling the strings.

You may be the stupidest person on this site. I wasn't owned, because I was correct. I didn't back away, either. I waited for some time before leaving the site, but I had things to do and couldn't wait all day for Deez to try spinning his boneheaded comment yet another time.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:40 PM
OTW?

Sorry, Billay. I'm not avoiding you, I'm just knee deep in fucktards at the moment.

Could you post that question again, and the post you quoted so I can see the context? It doesn't make a lot of sense standing alone.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
last 4 drafts 11 2nd rounders have made a pro bowl so far...

11/128 picks have made a pro bowl...

the drafturbators #1 flaw is they expect FAR too much from 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2010, 10:41 PM
True. I agree with that.

Also, I think the GM has to be a really good gun slinger. I think the GM needs to score a lot. Missing is no good. I think its pure hit and miss.

If you're a bad team drafting in the top 5 two years in a row and you miss on those picks you are in deep trouble because it's those picks that are the differential makers that either set your team back or make your team go forward.

Im part of that fanbase where I've been patient but just willing to hang in there from time to time. If it takes them 3 years great, if it takes them 5, Im cool with that too. As a fan, the most important thing Im always keeping in mind, is, progress. As long as my team is making strides thats what counts. Sometimes it takes long, sometimes it doesn't. But it's the patience that plays an integral role in that sense. The frustration kicks in when I see my team regressing....Herman *cough* Edwards *cough*

Honestly, I'm not going anywhere. I'm a Chief for life. But it's frustrating as fuck. And while everyone piles on OTW and Hamas, I can totally relate to being so passionate about this team that my blood boils sometimes. The only difference between us is I say fuck it and don't click submit, but they usually do. I won't fault them for that. And I'm not saying you are, I'm just sayin'. :p

tonyetony
04-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Excuse me?

I've never been banned in my 5 years here. Nor have I not honored a bet.

What is it with people making shit up this evening?

Your probably right because I get on here so infrequently that i mix your posts up with ROR. Sorry my bad.

Short Leash Hootie
04-25-2010, 10:42 PM
they are passionate about hating Pioli, not being Chiefs fans.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:43 PM

I just read an old thread of yours, Phil.

You have a lot of balls calling me out, my friend.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-25-2010, 10:44 PM
But again, go back and look at how few teams achieve the goal that you think is a "should". It almost never happens. When a team gets down to 1-3 wins, it's usually because they really, really suck and have little to no talent. Making it even more difficult, free agency doesn't produce the number of quality players it used to, because the huge jump in the salary cap made cap casualties essentially a thing of the past. Hell, it was even worse this year, with the CBA language limiting free agency even more than usual.

If I were a Chiefs fan, I'd be looking for improvement this season, and not looking for hard win totals of any kind until next season. After all, your notion of the playoffs means that the Chiefs will have to get past some number of the following:

Chargers
Broncos
Patriots
Jets
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals

in order to get there. Out of those teams, do you really see any way that the Chiefs will so quickly overtake the talent on any of those rosters other than the Bengals, who were probably a fluke destined to miss the playoffs this year before Roethlisberger went clubbing?

Teams do. Look at Green Bay. Look at Atlanta last year. New Orleans was shit not too long ago. That wasn't a one year turn around ala GB, and ATL, but recent history says teams can turn it around and do it quickly.

Now, I'll give you that KC was much different from those teams, but that's why I gave them 3 instead of 1.

As always, just my opinion. :shrug:

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:44 PM
I guess I missed the slandering......I read you slandering but besides that I'm at a loss.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Sorry, Billay. I'm not avoiding you, I'm just knee deep in ****tards at the moment.

Could you post that question again, and the post you quoted so I can see the context? It doesn't make a lot of sense standing alone.

Understandable.

My question is while i'm not excited about the moves Pioli has made if you think about it this way. Since this time last year Pioli has added Chambers, Jones, Lilja, Berry, McCluster and Asamoah. I would say thats a significant upgrade in talent despite totally sucking year one.

Also Weis and Crennel.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2010, 10:46 PM
And when was the last time that this amazing drafting led to an AFC Championship, let alone a Super Bowl?

Baltimore has never had the QB to beat Brady, Manning or Big Ben. That has been their biggest problem this decade. Plenty of talent but not at the most important position.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
You may be the stupidest person on this site. I wasn't owned, because I was correct. I didn't back away, either. I waited for some time before leaving the site, but I had things to do and couldn't wait all day for Deez to try spinning his boneheaded comment yet another time.

Could you give us a complete list of teams that have gone from 2 wins or fewer to Super Bowl contenders in less than 4 years? I'm sure that, since Pioli would be incompetent for taking that long, the list will be extremely long, but perhaps you could give us a partial list of, say, 10-20 times where it's happened? And, to keep that, doubtlessly astronomical, number low, let's limit the time range to the past 10 years.

I looked at Pro-Football-Reference.com to help figure out the vast number of examples, and I came up with the number "0", as the two closest teams would seem to be the post-2002 Bengals (2-14 to 11-5 in 3 years, not really a Super Bowl threat, but did have the one very solid year) and Post-2007 Dolphins (went from 6 wins to 1 win due to lousy QB and terrible coaching. Got a new coach, got lucky with Pennington and went 11-5. Clearly not a Super Bowl threat, but a significant upgrade in 1 year, even with the backslide last season). I'm sure you can find a whole host of examples that I missed, though. After all, the Cowboys once managed it in the 90's, after fleecing the Vikings for Herschel Walker, so it probably happens all the time.

LMAO.

"2 wins or fewer"?

Let's use the Chargers, who went from 1-15 to 12-4 in four years time. By your astounding logic above, the Chiefs should be able to do this in half the time, since they had double the wins. And the Chargers have been consistent SB threats from, essentially, this time forward.

And I like how you immediately rule out any exceptions as not "serious SB threats" (a phrase not used by Dane or me in our posts). If you're in the playoffs, you have a chance. Holla, Carl.

Don't worry. No one is being too mean to Pioli in this thread. If you want him back, please...let us know.

It has nothing to do with Pioli and everything to do with your ridiculous comment. As you noted, it took 4 years for the Chargers to go from 1-15 to 12-4. Given that Dane used 4 years as his number, you've got no argument here.

1-15
5-11
8-8
4-12
12-4

Also, regarding the Bengals and Dolphins.... even conceding them, which I don't, since they were not Super Bowl threats and you've been among the group bitching about "8-8"/"first round" stuff, you've got a grand total of 2 teams in a decade, and neither for more than one season of 'glory' before falling back into the pack (one to .500 and the other to below .500 the following season).

Are you now going to claim that you want to see 11-5 and a "one and done" in the playoffs followed by .500 or worse? Is that to be your stated goal for the Chiefs?

P.S. I chose 2 wins because that's what the Chiefs had the year before Pioli arrived. It wasn't just some random number being tossed out. If you go up to 3 wins, you get to add the Saints to the list and move from "0" to "1".

Did we or did we not hire the four-time Executive of the Year? Should we not expect the best?

If the Chargers can go from 1 win to 12 in four years, getting close to this level in 3, for a team with double the wins, should be a reasonable expectation for someone of Pioli's talents.

And let's not forget that he brought a ready-now/win-now QB with him in year one. He not ****ing around with guys like Doug Flutie (who was more talented than Cassel, but I digress.)

You want another example? How about the Chiefs? The team that Vermeil inherited was an absolute disaster. The '01 team was an embarrassment. This is why records can be deceiving.

In year three we were, allegedly, SB contenders.

The bar is set for Pioli. 8-8 this year. Playoff run in '11.

No excuses. Though, I'm sure we can expect an impressive amount.

Ok, this is all my mistake. You see, I used to think you were a quality poster. I misread you at that time. I'm sorry for that.

Looks like someone went for the personal insult after realizing they'd had their ass handed to them in the argument to me.

DeezNutz
04-25-2010, 10:48 PM

Sorry, JPB. Mowing the "yard"--biggie, such is life in the country--trumped all this afternoon.

It's accepted by the vast majority of this board that Pioli glaringly underperformed in his first year on the job. Some have decided to provide him with an "evaluation year."

I have not. I think that's a bullshit mulligan. We paid for the best, so I expect for him to live up to the hype.

As I've stated, I think the notion that the team he inherited was devoid of talent gets WAY overplayed on this site. It's simply not true. He had some very important pieces in place: LT, WR, DT, CB, RB (which was, admittedly, a bit of a surprise).

In short, he had a VERY young team, with significant resources devoted to a 43 scheme. Pioli scrapped the entire project. Fine. But he needed to be right.

After turning over a significant portion of the roster, he yielded surprisingly paltry results. Oh, meanwhile bringing in the albatross known as Matt Cassel.

From where we were in Jan. '09, I think expecting to make a playoff run (note: just playoffs, not SB) in '11 would have been perfectly reasonable. And I'm holding to that position.

If you want to ride into town and prove to everyone how smart you are, talking big and instituting the secret society Midwest, that's fine. Just be right and get results. And I want to hold our GM to this standard.

philfree
04-25-2010, 10:50 PM

You read any thread that I posted and I don't care..This place doesn't define me at all....It does you though .......I'm here because I'm a NFL/Chief Fan and that's it. Hey I've posted ridiculous posts more then once but I always knew what it was.......I don't think you got that game. I could be wrong.....but even if I am ...well Fuk you! Got It.....

tonyetony
04-25-2010, 10:53 PM
After turning over a significant portion of the roster, he yielded surprisingly paltry results. Oh, meanwhile bringing in the albatross known as Matt Cassel.

The albatross was our O-line and LJ.

From where we were in Jan. '09, I think expecting to make a playoff run (note: just playoffs, not SB) in '11 would have been perfectly reasonable. And I'm holding to that position.

Agree 1000%

Just Passin' By
04-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Looks like someone went for the personal insult after realizing they'd had their ass handed to them in the argument to me.

Again, I was correct with my post. You keep overlooking that. You also ignore that the thread pattern continued after that:

All posters are "quality," JPB.

Some are high-quality. Others are low-quality, and still others are of a middling-quality.

I'm sorry that Pioli's incompetence to this point has greatly offended Patriot fans.

And another example of a pathetic post on your part.

Look, you made a stupid claim. It happens. Just admit it and move on. As I said, I used to think you were a quality poster. I think you let a small group of fools drag you down into the mud, and I think you can be a lot better than what you've become.

I don't think it's stupid to say that it shouldn't take 4 years to field a legit team in KC. We supposedly have the best GM and two of the better coordinators in the league.

We have an in-his-prime QB and one of the best RBs* in the league (completely admit that if JC regresses, that will be huge).

The defense Pioli inherited was comprised of all day-one picks on the line and a talented secondary.

Claims that the roster was "devoid of talent" are not accurate. We were missing the single biggest piece, QB, and Pioli supposedly corrected that problem.

8-8, approximately, is a perfectly reasonable expectation for 2010. Playoff run in 2011. Not saying SB in 2011, just an appearance in the playoffs.

8-8 is not a "perfectly reasonable expectation for 2010", and you bloody well know it. That's the sort of bullshit I'd expect from a Hamas or Mecca post.

The Chiefs arguably had less talent than the Lions when Pioli arrived, for crying out loud, and were certainly among the 2-3 least talented teams in the league. You know that, as well. You've spent the better part of a year bitching about damned near everything, and overlooking that elephant in the room. As for that talent on the line and in the secondary, I can only assume you're kidding.

That's where that line of posting has ended, at least for now, in that thread. Not where you finished it in a stupid attempt to make it look as if I was backing away.

Then again, given that it's you, I'm sure that's a surprise to nobody that you'd pull such a pathetic stunt.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Understandable.

My question is while i'm not excited about the moves Pioli has made if you think about it this way. Since this time last year Pioli has added Chambers, Jones, Lilja, Berry, McCluster and Asamoah. I would say thats a significant upgrade in talent despite totally sucking year one.

Also Weis and Crennel.

And I've given him credit for the moves I think he deserves credit for.

Chambers fell into his lap. I'm not going to give him credit for picking a guy up on waivers because the two teams ahead of him passed. It was a no-brainer and worked out for 2009. I personally don't expect the same level of production in 2010, but I hope I'm wrong.

TJ was a good signing for the money. But he's not a long-term solution.

I hope the Lilja signing works out, but I'm concerned about his knees, and that we're apparently going to play him out of position.

I've done nothing but praise the selections of Berry an Asomoah all weekend.

You know where I stand on McCluster.

Chocolate Hog
04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
And I've given him credit for the moves I think he deserves credit for.

Chambers fell into his lap. I'm not going to give him credit for picking a guy up on waivers because the two teams ahead of him passed. It was a no-brainer and worked out for 2009. I personally don't expect the same level of production in 2010, but I hope I'm wrong.

TJ was a good signing for the money. But he's not a long-term solution.

I hope the Lilja signing works out, but I'm concerned about his knees, and that we're apparently going to play him out of position.

I've done nothing but praise the selections of Berry an Asomoah all weekend.

You know where I stand on McCluster.

I also think Jackson will improve this year and be a decent player. Certainly not worth the third overall pick but will help the defense in the run game. The point i'm trying to make is I don't think Pioli is as bad as some of us make him out to be and he's not as good as some think.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Again, I was correct with my post. You keep overlooking that. You also ignore that the thread pattern continued after that:

That's where that line of posting has ended, at least for now, in that thread. Not where you finished it in a stupid attempt to make it look as if I was backing away.

Then again, given that it's you, I'm sure that's a surprise to nobody that you'd pull such a pathetic stunt.

You did back away, and it doesn't surprise me that you think you're right.

As much of Pioli's man juice as you've swallowed, I can understand why you'd defend him (or poorly attempt to) at all costs.

Two years in, and with one of the easiest schedules in recent memory, there's no reason not to win 8 games.

You just want to make excuses for when it doesn't happen. Gotta protect your boy.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Your probably right because I get on here so infrequently that i mix your posts up with ROR. Sorry my bad.

Fair enough.

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 11:01 PM
You read any thread that I posted and I don't care..This place doesn't define me at all....It does you though .......I'm here because I'm a NFL/Chief Fan and that's it. Hey I've posted ridiculous posts more then once but I always knew what it was.......I don't think you got that game. I could be wrong.....but even if I am ...well Fuk you! Got It.....

Go have another drink Phil, and make sure you duck this time when the wife goes for the haymaker.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Baltimore has never had the QB to beat Brady, Manning or Big Ben. That has been their biggest problem this decade. Plenty of talent but not at the most important position.

Right.

But whether it's Grbac, Boller, Troy Smith or even Flacco, they've been unable to get over the hump.

Flacco, IMO, is becoming more and more like Cassel each and every day.

Give him four first round offensive lineman, a first round RB, bring in Boldin and Stallworth, then hope he produces.

Rudy lost the toss
04-25-2010, 11:05 PM
it amazes me how butthurt some people get just because they think NFL draft sites are legitimate sources

philfree
04-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Go have another drink Phil, and make sure you duck this time when the wife goes for the haymaker.

Yeah I wish I'd never posted that exchange...My bad and nobody elses....So what's your point? You don't have one...you're just an internet ...not even tough guy...but a pussy....got it...boy..eeee.! Fuk you pussy!

Just Passin' By
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Sorry, JPB. Mowing the "yard"--biggie, such is life in the country--trumped all this afternoon.

No worries. Life happens. I understand that. OTW just wanted to use it to twist things. That's the kind of asshole he seems to be.

It's accepted by the vast majority of this board that Pioli glaringly underperformed in his first year on the job. Some have decided to provide him with an "evaluation year."

It's a silly notion, regardless of whether the "vast majority" has come to that conclusion. I pointed out that this is what would quite possibly happen very early on in my tenure here. The problem is that you, as Chiefs fans, are so immersed in the team that you can't see just how much of a trainwreck you really had here. As bad as you thought it was, it was even worse when looking from the outside.

I have not. I think that's a bullshit mulligan. We paid for the best, so I expect for him to live up to the hype.

That's an even sillier notion. He came in late, had to use scouts who'd been looking for 4-3 prospects when he wanted to run a 3-4, got the late batch of coaching choices, was stuck with a pick that he didn't want and couldn't move, and had to get rid of shitheads like LJ. Frankly, if you want to find a place to kill Pioli, I'd start there. Keeping LJ when he had the chance to dump his ass for free was a huge mistake, and I stated my opinion to that effect at the time.

As I've stated, I think the notion that the team he inherited was devoid of talent gets WAY overplayed on this site. It's simply not true. He had some very important pieces in place: LT, WR, DT, CB, RB (which was, admittedly, a bit of a surprise).

It wasn't overplayed at all. Hell, even the positions your claiming were in place clearly demonstrated that they were not. The DT position, which was for a 4-3 as opposed to a 3-4, was a position of much struggle in 2008. How that's supposed to be "in place" is a mystery for the ages. As for WR, when the guy shows up 20+ pounds heavy, is lazy and gets suspended, I don't see how that's really fitting the notion of being in place.

In short, he had a VERY young team, with significant resources devoted to a 43 scheme. Pioli scrapped the entire project. Fine. But he needed to be right.

No such significant resources existed.

He doubled the win total after trading away the only known true "threat" the team had on offense and converting the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. That's only paltry if you're looking for reasons to complain. As for Cassel, I love how you all have thrown him away after a season in which the offense sucked like Mega Maid around him for much of the season.

I've already demonstrated how ridiculous your position is. Rehashing it will be a waste of time, because your argument isn't rational.

If you want to ride into town and prove to everyone how smart you are, talking big and instituting the secret society Midwest, that's fine. Just be right and get results. And I want to hold our GM to this standard.

Yes, you want to hold your GM to a standard that hasn't been met in over a decade, and to call anything less incompetence. That's ridiculous on your part. Now, suddenly, you're downgrading to "playoffs", after you used to make fun of those who'd have been happy with 8-8 or first round of the playoffs. That should make you re-think your positions, but it probably won't.

RedThat
04-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Honestly, I'm not going anywhere. I'm a Chief for life. But it's frustrating as ****. And while everyone piles on OTW and Hamas, I can totally relate to being so passionate about this team that my blood boils sometimes. The only difference between us is I say **** it and don't click submit, but they usually do. I won't fault them for that. And I'm not saying you are, I'm just sayin'. :p

Totally understandable. Me too.

This is no offense to any of them, they're critical posters but can't say I blame them. Hamas, OTW and even Dane they express truth when it comes to this team, but it's the truth part that is hard to swallow. I try to look at the bright side of this team, not saying they're negative or anything, but they're willing to detect the flaws of this team from the inside out and give their takes. I can respect that because it enables me to see things differently coming from their point of view. Hey, each have there own approach right? But thats the planet and thats what makes it great is different peoples thoughts, opinions and personalities.

I give them credit for just letting it out and expressing their thoughts and frustration. A lot of what they say relates to why this team has failed over the years. They may not be right all the time, but at times I can see how they are. So I could get what they're saying from time to time. Don't get me wrong, Im not trying to kiss butt, lol just saying things the way I see it.

DaneMcCloud
04-25-2010, 11:10 PM
it amazes me how butthurt some people get just because they think NFL draft sites are legitimate sources

Personally, I think they're horseshit.

From Don Banks and Peter King at SI (both of whom I enjoy their normal insight) to douchefucks like Walter or Scott Wright, they're a bunch of Mel Kiper wannabe's.

I've said for years that Walter is a fucking dumbass and Scott Wright proved to me this year (because I went on his "supposed" chat), that he's as fucking dumb as the granite countertops in which my laptop currently lies.

It's hilarious to me that guys like Mecca, with his absolutes, passive-aggressive bullshit and never-wrong attitude, treat these sites like the fucking Dead Sea Scrolls.

ChiefsCountry
04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Right.

But whether it's Grbac, Boller, Troy Smith or even Flacco, they've been unable to get over the hump.

Give him four first round offensive lineman, a first round RB, bring in Boldin and Stallworth, then hope he produces.

Thats their fatal flaw no doubt about it. I agree about Flacco as well.

Just Passin' By
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
You did back away, and it doesn't surprise me that you think you're right.

As much of Pioli's man juice as you've swallowed, I can understand why you'd defend him (or poorly attempt to) at all costs.

Two years in, and with one of the easiest schedules in recent memory, there's no reason not to win 8 games.

You just want to make excuses for when it doesn't happen. Gotta protect your boy.

I didn't back away, and Deez just apologized out of courtesy, despite his having done nothing wrong. You really are an idiot. Do you have to mark your shoes "left" and "right"?

OnTheWarpath58
04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
I didn't back away, and Deez just apologized out of courtesy. You really are an idiot. Do you have to mark your shoes "left" and "right"?

He apologized for mowing the lawn, dumbass. He wasn't conceding to you, you fucking dolt.

All you've done is make excuses and claimed you've won the argument.

You're a delusional troll.

-King-
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Right.

Damn, never seen anybody put it like that...weird thing is that its kind of true.
Posted via Mobile Device