PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Could Weis Still Get Quinn?

RustShack
04-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Quinn suddenly an odd fit in Denver
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 25, 2010 3:09 PM ET
Kyle Orton is the quarterback of the present. Tim Tebow is the quarterback of the future.

Where does that leave Brady Quinn?

We've heard a lot about Orton getting the short straw after the Tebow selection, but we think Quinn lost the most. Orton has 48 career starts and is coming off an underrated season. He'll put more film on display behind a good offensive line to open the 2010 season. He's used to situations like this.

"I'm really set on going out and having the best year of my career," Orton said. "And whatever decision they make, it's going to be a tough one for them."

Quinn, on the other hand, has 12 career starts with many ugly moments. He needs to get on the field and fast or he may never get a chance to be "The Guy."

Quinn's best shot may be post-Orton and pre-Tebow, whether that comes late in 2010 or early in 2011. But first he has to get that far.

The Broncos have Tom Brandstater on their roster, a sixth-round pick from 2009 that McDaniels reportedly likes. Quinn was also acquired for a sixth-rounder.

It's worth wondering who is the odd man out if Denver keeps only three quarterbacks this year.

vailpass
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Rumor has it that Denver will be keeping 12 quarterbacks behind Tebow. Apparently though one of those will betray Tebow before it is all said and done.

CanadaKC
04-25-2010, 03:02 PM
don't want him

CoMoChief
04-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Rumor has it that Denver will be keeping 12 quarterbacks behind Tebow. Apparently though one of those will betray Tebow before it is all said and done.

ROFL

notorious
04-25-2010, 03:03 PM

Nice.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Rumor has it that Denver will be keeping 12 quarterbacks behind Tebow. Apparently though one of those will betray Tebow before it is all said and done.LMAO

TheGuardian
04-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Why would we want Quinn? Because of the Weis connection? Please people stfu with this nonsense.

Pushead2
04-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Why would we want Quinn? Because of the Weis connection? Please people stfu with this nonsense.

:thumb:

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Why would we want Quinn? Because of the Weis connection? Please people stfu with this nonsense.I'd be fine with trying to acquire Quinn. Has nothing to do with Weis and everything to do with having zero confidence in Cassel.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2010, 03:14 PM
don't want him

Neither do I.

TheGuardian
04-25-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd be fine with trying to acquire Quinn. Has nothing to do with Weis and everything to do with having zero confidence in Cassel.

Quinn couldn't beat out a wet paper bag filled with dog shit for a starting spot. Even if we have no confidence in Cassel you'd still want to find someone who could possibly unseat him. That isn't Quinn.

notorious
04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Quinn couldn't beat out a wet paper bag filled with dog shit for a starting spot.

So when are you and Quinn going to start the competition?

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM

:LOL:

It'll be Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton kissing him on the cheek

http://www.irfwp.org/content/archives/judas.jpg

Neckbeard and all

RustShack
04-25-2010, 03:17 PM

And because hes better than Cassel.

notorious
04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
:LOL:

It'll be Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton kissing him on the cheek

http://www.irfwp.org/content/archives/judas.jpg

Neckbeard and all

JFC

You just can't make this shit up. ROFL

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2010, 03:25 PM
What if we gave you Quinn and a 4th in 2011?

RustShack
04-25-2010, 03:28 PM
What if we gave you Quinn and a 4th in 2011?

Or we just signed him when you release him and we have an open competition between Croyle, Cassel, and Quinn. But Croyle would probably win it with Quinn in second. Then we have Quinn ready to start when Croyle gets hurt.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Or we just signed him when you release him and we have an open competition between Croyle, Cassel, and Quinn. But Croyle would probably win it with Quinn in second. Then we have Quinn ready to start when Croyle gets hurt.

I'll leave the logistics up to you guys. Just do what you can to get him the hell out of Denver and send me an invoice.

JASONSAUTO
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

dtrain
04-25-2010, 04:09 PM

:clap:ROFL

teedubya
04-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Hahahaha

T-post Tom
04-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Could Weis Still Get Quinn?

No, but I hear the rights to Jake Plumber are available for a reasonable price.

KCChiefsFan88
04-25-2010, 04:53 PM
I'd be fine with trying to acquire Quinn. Has nothing to do with Weis and everything to do with having zero confidence in Cassel.

Cassel has accomplished 10 times more in the NFL than Quinn has.

If you don't have confidence in Cassel, why would you have more confidence in Quinn, based strictly on their respective NFL careers thus far?

Baconeater
04-25-2010, 04:55 PM

If you don't have confidence in Cassel, why would you have more confidence in Quinn, based strictly on their respective NFL careers thus far?
What exactly has Cassel accomplished?

Chris Meck
04-25-2010, 05:01 PM
because Quinn's younger, with much MUCH more upside.

I'm not saying he's the second coming, I just don't think he's really had a fair shake yet, and has the physical ability to be good.

could be a nice reclamation project. AND, it would fit the #1 pick QB cry that everyone's on about. (I kid, I kid.)

Micjones
04-25-2010, 05:10 PM
If he can be had for next-to-nothing I'd take him.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Pioli has already decided that he is not bringing another QB to KC until Cassel is dead or he is fired.

get used to it

TheGuardian
04-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Actually he's not. Even Cassel's suck ass season last year is better than anything Quinn has ever done.

You guys are fukcing delusional.

Crush
04-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Pioli has already decided that he is not bringing another QB to KC until Cassel is dead or he is fired.

get used to it

No, Pioli would still force him down our throats.

Pitt Gorilla
04-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Why would we want Quinn? Because of the Weis connection? Please people stfu with this nonsense.It seems like just a few years ago that CP folks were begging for the Chiefs to draft this guy (relatively high).

MoreLemonPledge
04-25-2010, 06:13 PM
You guys are funny. Quinn was one of the few starting QBs who posted worse numbers than Cassel, and you still want him? The grass is always greener.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:14 PM

Quinn is younger, more talented, has better pocket awareness, and can throw a catchable ball. Plus he already knows Weis' offense... What has Cassel accomplished? Quinn could have at least made the playoffs in that Patriots offense. He could at least start for a college team.

TheGuardian
04-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Quinn is younger, more talented, has better pocket awareness, and can throw a catchable ball. Plus he already knows Weis' offense... What has Cassel accomplished? Quinn could have at least made the playoffs in that Patriots offense. He could at least start for a college team.

You are on crack. Quinn is a bust, and is always going to be a bust. He has zero upside because he can't read a defense.

the Pats went 11-5 with Cassel. 9 out of 10 seasons that gets you into the playoffs. You've gone full retart with this bullshit.

CarlPeterson_fan
04-25-2010, 06:37 PM
I believe that a bunch of you guys were bagging on me for not dafting Quinn. Guess I wasn't so dumb after all.

RustShack
04-25-2010, 06:38 PM
You are on crack. Quinn is a bust, and is always going to be a bust. He has zero upside because he can't read a defense.

the Pats went 11-5 with Cassel. 9 out of 10 seasons that gets you into the playoffs. You've gone full retart with this bullshit.

Your mom could go 11-5 with the Patriots that year, your almost as retarded as Pawnmower if your calling someone as young as Quinn a bust already.

Brock
04-25-2010, 06:40 PM
I believe that a bunch of you guys were bagging on me for not dafting Quinn. Guess I wasn't so dumb after all.

Looking at your drafts from about 2000-2005, I'd have to say that you are in fact, dumb.

milkman
04-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Have to say that I agree with everything the Guardian is saying in this thread, and I'm really getting tired of doing that.

Baconeater
04-25-2010, 06:45 PM
This type of shtick isn't funny. Go away.

Consistent1
04-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Carl Peterson account=Fail
Posted via Mobile Device

Consistent1
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Carl Peterson account=Fail. I would give you posititve rep if I wasn't on a phone.You deserve a lil' love pat for being full retard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
04-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Carl Peterson account=Fail. I would give you posititve rep if I wasn't on a phone.You deserve a lil' love pat for being full retard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why would you do that? Dumbasses like him shouldn't be in the green.

CarlPeterson_fan
04-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Like I give a shit if you like it or not Bugeater. I was just having a little fun, and others on here have repped me and told me it was rather funny. Loosen up and pull that stick out of your ass.