PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm a college student

luv
04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Holy shit. I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. Time for a change. An expensive one, considering I make too much and don't have enough (any) dependents. 90 weeks from May 24th, I will be a paralegal. Holy shit...lol.

EDIT: Well, my 90 weeks are up. Cumulative GPA of 4.0.

I'M DONE!!!!

Hog Farmer
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
You'll fail !

Gonzo
04-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Congrats Luv! You picked a tough, (yet money-making) profession. Lord knows I wouldn't have the patience to do that type of work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jenson71
04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Cool! Where?

Gonzo
You'll fail !

Dude, really? Let it go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
:clap: Get ready to work hard, but it'll be well worth it.

Hog Farmer
04-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Congrats Luv! You picked a tough, (yet money-making) profession. Lord knows I wouldn't have the patience to do that type of work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Neither will she, Parallegals can't be drunks.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Congrats! I am on the other end of the spectrum...I'll finish grad school in about 2 weeks... :p

Good luck!

luv
04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Cool! Where?

Vatterott.

Jenson71
04-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Well have fun. If you're taking online courses, I've heard you need some real discipline to do those.

JD10367
04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Congrats.

And since you're a college student, I think technically you can now bang the young guy without guilt. :D

OnTheWarpath58
04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Good for you.

mlyonsd
04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Congrats. Don't ever go to one of those after class parties.

bevischief
04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
I have done it twice... Have fun...

Brianfo
04-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Congrats and good luck!

Red Beans
04-27-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm starting Grad school and I'm scared shitless. You've got a fairly stable job ahead of you. Just keep up the good work.

angelo
04-27-2010, 09:13 PM
I went back to school in 2008 and just finished my degree in december. I also recently turned forty. It was daunting at first but you get the hang of it.
I then went through a lengthy certification process. It was well worth it.
It not only helps in my present job but also will allow me to teach know.

Good Luck in your studies and keep with it. In the end the reward will be great.

Ang

Deberg_1990
04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow,

this is really gonna cut down on your Chiefsplanet time..

Good luck to you!

kcchiefsus
04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Getting ready to graduate with my Bachelor's in Accounting. I can't imagine just now starting school, I'm SOOOO ready to be done.

Rain Man
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Vatterott.

They have a good football team at Vatterott.

Good luck to you. It's a no-lose proposition for you.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Finishing up my 2nd associates degree this summer and starting "Warsh-burn" in the fall for a bachelors. You'll get used to it.

58-4ever
04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
good luck! I'm going back in May for my MBA.

luv
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Well have fun. If you're taking online courses, I've heard you need some real discipline to do those.

None of the courses are offered online. I'll be going to school from 6-10:30pm Mon-Thurs nights.

Lumpy
04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Holy shit you weren't lying about being bored! LMAO

The best of luck to you, Luv!

luv
04-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Congrats.

And since you're a college student, I think technically you can now bang the young guy without guilt. :D

I love the way you think. :thumb:

luv
04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Holy shit you weren't lying about being bored! LMAO

The best of luck to you, Luv!

Part of me doesn't want to do it due to liking having free time. I'll have plenty though. No school on Friday nights, and nothing on the weekends. Like I do anything anyway. Maybe I'll meet more people this way.

rockymtnchief
04-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Study hard and leave the 22 year olds alone! :D

Lumpy
04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Make the 22 year olds hard and leave the studying alone! :D

FYP

(This is way better advice.) ;)

jbwm89
04-27-2010, 09:56 PM
One more year and I'll be done with my BA in Business Management then hopefully law school at mizzou. 4 more years seems impossible right now

HotRoute
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM

extreme amounts of discipline, and you have to stay on top of it, but it is very possible to accomplish. good luck

Bearcat
04-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Congrats on taking the first step... it takes a lot of discipline, online or not. Monday through Thursday would probably make it even tougher, because it would be so easy to take off Friday night, then not think about school again until Monday.

How many classes? I think I only had about 14 hours per week in classroom time for 2 classes a trimester, so that's a pretty heavy load with a full time job. I usually had one day off with no work and no school, and I wouldn't study unless I really thought I needed to.... 4 nights/week would be rough, but you'll get out of it what you put into it. Good luck.

salame
04-28-2010, 02:00 AM
I really want to go back myself. Good Luck!

Hydrae
04-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Excellent!

My wife is working towards being a para-legal herself. She should be done in a little over a year now. This prompted me to go back to school a couple of months ago to study to become a DBA. Even with 25 credit hours transferred in it will take me 3 years to get there.

bevischief
04-28-2010, 05:42 AM
None of the courses are offered online. I'll be going to school from 6-10:30pm Mon-Thurs nights.

Wow! Good luck.

Fairplay
04-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Congrats luv, i hope you do well.

luv
04-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Congrats on taking the first step... it takes a lot of discipline, online or not. Monday through Thursday would probably make it even tougher, because it would be so easy to take off Friday night, then not think about school again until Monday.

How many classes? I think I only had about 14 hours per week in classroom time for 2 classes a trimester, so that's a pretty heavy load with a full time job. I usually had one day off with no work and no school, and I wouldn't study unless I really thought I needed to.... 4 nights/week would be rough, but you'll get out of it what you put into it. Good luck.

It's one class every ten weeks. Then, 320 hours externship in a law office.

Jewish Rabbi
04-28-2010, 06:49 AM
I am too? :shrug:

Dartgod
04-28-2010, 06:53 AM
Congrats and good luck.

I went to college for the first time at age 38 and got my bachelors. Best move I ever made....with the exception of marrying my wife, of course. ;)

loochy
04-28-2010, 07:41 AM
You'll do great. College is easy...you just have to be willing to do some work. Almost anyone can get a degree, a masters, and even a PhD. It's just a matter of how much work, time, and dedication you want to put into it. Do your assignments and your readings and things will be cake.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2010, 07:42 AM
I have been considering quiting my job, going back to school and becoming a professor.

MOhillbilly
04-28-2010, 07:51 AM
That young meat wont know what hit em'.

boogblaster
04-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Hopefully your field of work will reward you later ...

luv
04-29-2010, 06:43 PM
I took my placement tests tonight in math and English. I had six questions to go on my math when my time ran out (didn't even notice the timer in the upper corner...lol). I got all the way through my English, but I know of one that I missed. I find out the results tomorrow.

Hog Farmer
04-29-2010, 07:20 PM
I have been considering quiting my job, going back to school and becoming a professor.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Saulbadguy
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
I took my placement tests tonight in math and English. I had six questions to go on my math when my time ran out (didn't even notice the timer in the upper corner...lol). I got all the way through my English, but I know of one that I missed. I find out the results tomorrow.

They want your $$$...i'll go out on a limb here and say you passed with flying colors.

L.A. Chieffan
04-29-2010, 08:13 PM
do you have a degree luv?

luv
04-29-2010, 08:36 PM
do you have a degree luv?

Nope. I went to college after high school, but dropped out before the first semester was over.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-30-2010, 02:48 AM
I graduated from college last May. Sometimes I wish I was still there. I like being a grown up and making sweet cash, but I miss those times...

Pushead2
04-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Remember luv it's not when you finish, it's that you DO finish.

I'm 26 and after touring and acting like a dickhead I decided it was time to go back. I'll graduate next May in Astrophysics with my minor as Computer Science. Congrats!!!!

luv
04-30-2010, 06:08 AM
I graduated from college last May. Sometimes I wish I was still there. I like being a grown up and making sweet cash, but I miss those times...

I'll be working full time and going to school at night. Mon-Thurs, I will have no life. It's not like I had one to begin with, but still.

Saulbadguy
04-30-2010, 06:54 AM
I'll be working full time and going to school at night. Mon-Thurs, I will have no life. It's not like I had one to begin with, but still.

I'm guessing you will meet some people and perhaps make some friends considering you will be stuck with many of them 4 days a week.

luv
04-30-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm guessing you will meet some people and perhaps make some friends considering you will be stuck with many of them 4 days a week.

I really hope so. I've been trying to think of a way to get out and meet people. Bettering my life, changing my career, and meeting new people. Three goals for the next year and a half.

DenverDanChiefsFan
04-30-2010, 07:06 AM
Congrats Luv! Education is always a good thing.

Otter
04-30-2010, 07:25 AM

I still keep in touch with a couple of my roomates and we often talk about going back to school and living "Old School" (the movie) style. Life was certainly much simpler and more fun.

Good luck Luv!

Param
04-30-2010, 07:36 AM
I really hope so. I've been trying to think of a way to get out and meet people. Bettering my life, changing my career, and meeting new people. Three goals for the next year and a half.

You probably will. You will probably have a lot of the same classes with other people that are also doing night school. Make some new friends.

Four night classes in a row though is a lot of work since they meet once a week. Tough schedule going 3 hours per night and you have to have discipline because you will not be back in class until next week.

luv
04-30-2010, 07:41 AM
You probably will. You will probably have a lot of the same classes with other people that are also doing night school. Make some new friends.

Four night classes in a row though is a lot of work since they meet once a week. Tough schedule going 3 hours per night and you have to have discipline because you will not be back in class until next week.

It's the same class every night for ten weeks. It's 4.5 hours per night, four nights per week.

acesn8s
04-30-2010, 09:21 AM

Have you tried working the streets? I hear that is a good way to meet people, like lawyers, police officers, judges, etc.

:evil:

j/k

Good luck. I am finishing up my 1st year. I feared it at first but I am so glad I went back to school.

KCChiefsMan
04-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I think I'm gonna go back to college too. Another bachelors in something completely different will probably happen soon. I need to get some money together and see what grants I can get, probably better establish residency first somewhere...lol. In a couple of years I will go back to school and get another degree. Not really sure what yet.

luv
04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Good luck. I am finishing up my 1st year. I feared it at first but I am so glad I went back to school.

My greatest fear is paying back the loan. I make too much money, and I have no dependents, so I didn't qualify for any grants or assistance. :(

Saulbadguy
04-30-2010, 09:27 AM
It's the same class every night for ten weeks. It's 4.5 hours per night, four nights per week.

Do they have career placement services after you graduate?

Chiefs Pantalones
04-30-2010, 09:28 AM
My greatest fear is paying back the loan. I make too much money, and I have no dependents, so I didn't qualify for any grants or assistance. :(

That's where prostitution comes in.

luv
04-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Do they have career placement services after you graduate?

Yes, and their paralegal program has a 100% placement rating. I am completely secure in knowing I will find a job when I graduate. My only concern is the 320 hour externship I have to do. I can't afford to not get paid for two months. I'll cross that bridge when it gets here. I'm just going to keep my focus on getting through school. No time to focus on worries.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Don't worry about it at all, Luv. The money is worth it. Going in I thought college would be the best time of my life, and it was...for that time. I got friends for life out of it and best of all, my future wife. Now the truly best times of my life are now and in the future, thanks to college. It opened the door. Be excited!!!

luv
04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Don't worry about it at all, Luv. The money is worth it. Going in I thought college would be the best time of my life, and it was...for that time. I got friends for life out of it and best of all, my future wife. Now the truly best times of my life are now and in the future, thanks to college. It opened the door. Be excited!!!

Oh, I am. I started getting excited whenever I decided I was going to do it. I'm just nervous, too...lol. I guess I talk more about being nervous to try to get it out of me. I really am excited, too. I'm looking forward to starting class.

acesn8s
04-30-2010, 09:57 AM

There is nothig better than going into debt to improve your lot in life. Yeah, it's a lot, but that's life.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-30-2010, 09:59 AM
There is nothig better than going into debt to improve your lot in life. Yeah, it's a lot, but that's life.

Plus, it's good debt. It's not like it's credit card debt or something like that.

Param
04-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Ahhh okay.

Thought about where you are going to sit in the room? Front, middle, the back so you can observe anyone?

luv
04-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Grading is 0-3. In math, I got a high 2, which would have been a 3 had I answered the last few questions. In English, I got a 3. So, after my 60 week legal assistant course is through, and I continue on into the extra 30 weeks to get my AD, I won't have to take any refresher courses before going into College Algebra and Comp.

Saulbadguy
04-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Grading is 0-3. In math, I got a high 2, which would have been a 3 had I answered the last few questions. In English, I got a 3. So, after my 60 week legal assistant course is through, and I continue on into the extra 30 weeks to get my AD, I won't have to take any refresher courses before going into College Algebra and Comp.

College Algebra is such fucking bullshit. I am nearly done with that class and that is my last math class EVAR.

luv
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
College Algebra is such fucking bullshit. I am nearly done with that class and that is my last math class EVAR.

I'm a weirdo who loves math. College Algebra should be a breeze, as should any English Comp class. Those two subjects were my favorite back in the day. It's just gonna be weird having to think about it again.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I wish you nothing but success

go for it!!!

vailpass
04-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Beware of professors bearing Gatorade.

go bowe
04-30-2010, 03:33 PM
good decision luv...

you'll be glad you did this for the rest of your life, really...

luv
05-19-2010, 08:46 PM
I had orientation tonight. Bunch of different people all saying the same thing.

There are five people in my class.

Lumpy
05-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Any good looking guys? ;)

Rain Man
05-19-2010, 08:51 PM

I know that asian students have a reputation for being solid, but I still don't think schools should turn new students oriental. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

cdcox
05-19-2010, 08:53 PM

Congratulations for ranking in the top 5 of your class!

luv
05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Any good looking guys? ;)

Nada. A married couple who were pretty scruffy looking. Two other females larger than me, one of which was sporting a very nice mustache.

luv
05-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Congratulations for ranking in the top 5 of your class!

I plan on being #1. I think there's one person who will give me a run for my money.

Lumpy
05-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Nada. A married couple who were pretty scruffy looking. Two other females larger than me, one of which was sporting a very nice mustache.

:( That blows.

RedNFeisty
05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
I plan on being #1. I think there's one person who will give me a run for my money.

Kicking butts and taking names!! Congrats, keep up the great work! I'm jealous, I dropped off the honor roll this last semester, philosophy kicked my butt and put my picture up saying I was an idiot...lol...another year, maybe a year and half, I will be a math teacher, another five years and I will be a math professor! Then again a gig in the PICU at a hospital looks pretty sweeeet!!! Lord knows I am spending enough time at the hospital now, might as well get paid to be there...lol

sedated
05-19-2010, 09:07 PM

apparently not.

RedNFeisty
05-19-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm a weirdo who loves math. College Algebra should be a breeze, as should any English Comp class. Those two subjects were my favorite back in the day. It's just gonna be weird having to think about it again.

Luv, you are a strong lady, you have this. It seems scary at first, but it is not hard at all. The hardest part is forcing time for homework. If I can do it with three kids, single, and being ?? years older then you, then you have this made!!!

RedNFeisty
05-19-2010, 09:08 PM

Not much worse then no eye candy!

luv
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Not much worse then no eye candy!

I think there's some in the HVAC and building maintenance classes, but I'll only get to see them on breaks. :(

Rain Man
05-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Have you seen that guy who got kicked out of Harvard yet? I bet he transfers in at some point.

luv
05-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Have you seen that guy who got kicked out of Harvard yet? I bet he transfers in at some point.

I'll bet it depends on if his credits will transfer.

RedNFeisty
05-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I think there's some in the HVAC and building maintenance classes, but I'll only get to see them on breaks. :(

Getting to see eye candy once a day is better then none at all.

luv
05-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Well, tonight is the night. Deep breath. Wish me luck!

Rain Man
05-24-2010, 08:28 AM
0 weeks down, 90 weeks to go. We'll keep a countdown going.

Over-Head
05-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Congrats Luv, I wish sometimes I could go back to school :(

El Jefe
05-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Good luck!! Don't get overwhelmed, I always seem to get all antsy when they hand out the syllabus.

Stewie
05-24-2010, 02:54 PM

Good luck Luv. The unknown is always a high anxiety situation. Once you get settled in you'll wonder why you were worried to begin with.

luv
05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, we got out two hours early tonight. Just went over the syllabus and introduced ourselves. Turns out, the teacher had worked somewhere that uses our company when they need medical records. I really like it. The only thing I didn't know was part of the curriculum was keyboarding. I suck at keyboarding, and they said they're going to try to get us up to 60 wpm by the time we're done. Eek!

RedNFeisty
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Well, we got out two hours early tonight. Just went over the syllabus and introduced ourselves. Turns out, the teacher had worked somewhere that uses our company when they need medical records. I really like it. The only thing I didn't know was part of the curriculum was keyboarding. I suck at keyboarding, and they said they're going to try to get us up to 60 wpm by the time we're done. Eek!

Look online for a few typing tests, you can increase your speed easily. Glad your first night was a breeze!!

HonestChieffan
05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Good luck. Hopefully you can find an honest lawyer to work for.

luv
05-25-2010, 09:36 PM
We started getting to work in class tonight. Spelling words, definitions, legal journal entries, filing.....I love it! Tomorrow, we get more into civil interviewing and investigation.

BIG K
05-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Holy shit. I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. Time for a change. An expensive one, considering I make too much and don't have enough (any) dependents. 90 weeks from May 24th, I will be a paralegal. Holy shit...lol.

Congrats to you Luv! :thumb::thumb:

jbwm89
05-25-2010, 10:04 PM

If you can land a job your wpm should pretty much take care of itself. I work as an attorney's assistant in columbia and i typed 30 wpm at the interview and now its more like 65 or 70

alnorth
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
heh, I never did learn to type normally, glad I don't have to. I use the old "search and destroy" method and no one ever tried to correct that while I was a kid, and I'm stuck with it.

I can rack up about 55 wpm when I get going with my bizarre style, and I've had a few people just stare at how I can type that quickly without going by touch. I'm pretty much capped at where I am though, I think you can not humanly type faster than about 50-55 wpm while constantly looking up and down, but its plenty fast enough for me.

Bearcat
05-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Look online for a few typing tests, you can increase your speed easily. Glad your first night was a breeze!!

Posting 45,000 times on a message board should do the trick, too. :p

luv
05-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I could post the news story I have to summarize and give an opinion on. lol

Jenson71
05-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I could post the news story I have to summarize and give an opinion on. lol

Yeah! Do it.

Jenson71
05-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Posting 45,000 times on a message board should do the trick, too. :p

This is honestly what helped me with becoming a pretty fast typer. And AIM.

BWillie
05-25-2010, 10:53 PM

You and Dunit really like these types of threads

luv
05-25-2010, 10:55 PM
You and Dunit really like these types of threads

You're here, too, aren't you?

luv
07-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Well, almost done with my first of nine 10 week phases. Two finals down, and three to go. This school thing isn't so bad.

Hog Farmer
07-26-2010, 08:37 PM
:LOL:

Jenson71
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Good to hear, luv. I'm sure your finals are going well.

Hog Farmer
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Good to hear, luv. I'm sure your finals are going well.

You know she cheats, right!

luv
08-03-2010, 10:30 PM
My overall grade is 101.1%, A+, 4.0!

BigMeatballDave
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
My overall grade is 101.1%, A+, 4.0!Nice job! My SIL is about to graduate with her associate in Paralegal. Then going after her BS.

Otter
08-03-2010, 11:13 PM
My overall grade is 101.1%, A+, 4.0!

Gratz Luv!

Gracie Dean
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Thats awesome

luv
11-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Took my last final of this phase tonight. 10 weeks from now, and I will be done! For my last 10 weeks, I have to complete a 320 hour externship (non-paid job shadowing). Since I already work in the field, I will be doing this at my place of employment and getting paid for it. The only class I have left to take is College Algebra, which I will only go to on Wednesday nights. I have been attending class every Mon-Thurs night since May 2010.

For one, I'm almost done! 10 weeks from a degree! For another, I will have 12 more hours of free time (before homework time) per week. I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to more. :)

Baconeater
11-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Nice work luv. Wish I would've been smart enough to do the same back when I was single with no kids.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Go luvy... it's you're birthday... we're gonna party like it's you're birthday... etc etc...

Lumpy
11-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Very cool, Luv! :thumb:

go bowe
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Good luck. Hopefully you can find an honest lawyer to work for.

who the hell wants an honest lawyer?

the idea is to win, isn't it? :p :p :p

go bowe
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Took my last final of this phase tonight. 10 weeks from now, and I will be done! For my last 10 weeks, I have to complete a 320 hour externship (non-paid job shadowing). Since I already work in the field, I will be doing this at my place of employment and getting paid for it. The only class I have left to take is College Algebra, which I will only go to on Wednesday nights. I have been attending class every Mon-Thurs night since May 2010.

For one, I'm almost done! 10 weeks from a degree! For another, I will have 12 more hours of free time (before homework time) per week. I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to more. :)

you should be proud of yourself, luv...

it takes a lot of determination to achieve success and you're almost there...

keep up the good work and everything will work out for you just fine...

oh, and happy holidays to you and yours...

DaKCMan AP
12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
20 weeks until I complete my MBA. PBJ PBJ

No school + no tuition = a lot more $$ + time. :)

Buehler445
12-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Awesome :D

SenselessChiefsFan
12-01-2011, 08:21 AM

That is great. Congrats.

Predarat
12-01-2011, 09:12 AM
That is awesome! College Algebra can be a bitch especially if the instuctor noa specah dee ingwish.

loochy
12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
That is awesome! College Algebra can be a bitch especially if the instuctor noa specah dee ingwish.

No it's not. It doesn't matter what the instructor speaks because MATH IS UNIVERSAL! :D

http://imgupld.lunaticoutpost.com/graphic/images/2011/June/15/7DA7_4DF84726.jpg

ChiTown
12-01-2011, 09:16 AM

I remember the day when I finished my MBA. I just don't remember what happened that night.:D

loochy
12-01-2011, 09:17 AM
I remember the day when I finished my MBA. I just don't remember what happened that night.:D

I remember the night I finished mine. I'll tell you what I did: sleep and sleep and sleep.

MOhillbilly
12-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Cow college never ends.

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Congrats Luv..Im in my 30s and a year away from my bachelors degree in Business. It's a hard rode working 40+ hours a week and going to school full time ...hats off to you.

vailpass
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=loochy;8158249]No it's not. It doesn't matter what the instructor speaks because MATH IS UNIVERSAL! :D

QUOTE]

It helps a lot to be able to understand them. I had a Polish Sociology prof. whose "English" was unintellible. He was a visiting prof., highly renowned in his field. We couldn't take effective notes, people had to keep asking what the hell he was saying. I dropped that bastard like a hot rock.
When I'm paying you to talk to me and the outcome of my time with you depends on my comprehending you I had damn well better be able to understand what you say.

ChiTown
12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I remember the night I finished mine. I'll tell you what I did: sleep and sleep and sleep.

I was working full time and taking night classes at Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern. I had to get the drunkenness taken care of that night and back to work shortly thereafter.

loochy
12-01-2011, 09:32 AM
No it's not. It doesn't matter what the instructor speaks because MATH IS UNIVERSAL! :D

QUOTE]

It helps a lot to be able to understand them. I had a Polish Sociology prof. whose "English" was unintellible. He was a visiting prof., highly renowned in his field. We couldn't take effective notes, people had to keep asking what the hell he was saying. I dropped that bastard like a hot rock.
When I'm paying you to talk to me and the outcome of my time with you depends on my comprehending you I had damn well better be able to understand what you say.

I know, I was being goofy.

I had a Czech professor for physics (classical mechanics) and I couldn't understand a damn thing he said. I ended up making a few 20s and 30s on the tests, so I dropped the class. I retook it the next semester with a better English speaking professor and I got a relatively easy B.

I also had a Chinese professor for my Database/Query Language class. I had a tough time understanding her when she would say something like "Select from table 2 where this equals that and blah blah." I made it through that class with an A though.

vailpass
12-01-2011, 09:36 AM
I know, I was being goofy.

I had a Czech professor for physics (classical mechanics) and I couldn't understand a damn thing he said. I ended up making a few 20s and 30s on the tests, so I dropped the class. I retook it the next semester with a better English speaking professor and I got a relatively easy B.

I also had a Chinese professor for my Database/Query Language class. I had a tough time understanding her when she would say something like "Select from table 2 where this equals that and blah blah." I made it through that class with an A though.

Your problem is you were taking hard fucking classes. Well done. My English/Psych. undergrad majors could never undertand your coursework though we could talk about them all day.

TribalChief
12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
You thinking about going to law school?

vailpass
12-02-2011, 02:21 PM
You thinking about going to law school?

Why not add one more to the glutted field?

luv
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
So, to celebrate being completely done with school, I'm thinking about a weekend trip to kc. Anyone up for some P&L on Feb 10 or 11, granted the weather cooperates?

DaKCMan AP
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
So, to celebrate being completely done with school, I'm thinking about a weekend trip to kc. Anyone up for some P&L on Feb 10 or 11, granted the weather cooperates?

Can't, I have class that weekend.

luv
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Presenting my thesis tonight in my Paralegal class. I have Algebra tomorrow night, and then my final next Wednesday. Then, I'm no longer a college student! I'm partially nervous about giving the presentation tonight, but so relieved to get it done at the same time. 8 more days!

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Presenting my thesis tonight in my Paralegal class. I have Algebra tomorrow night, and then my final next Wednesday. Then, I'm no longer a college student! I'm partially nervous about giving the presentation tonight, but so relieved to get it done at the same time. 8 more days!

Congrats! How long before you're making the big bucks and I can sponge off of you?

Hydrae
01-31-2012, 03:21 PM

Congrats!

My wife got her associates back in September in Paralegal studies but has not been able to find a job. She is going back to school in two weeks to continue on to her bachelors. You already work in the field, right?

luv
01-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Congrats!

My wife got her associates back in September in Paralegal studies but has not been able to find a job. She is going back to school in two weeks to continue on to her bachelors. You already work in the field, right?

Been working as a legal secretary since March.

luv
01-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Congrats! How long before you're making the big bucks and I can sponge off of you?

Depends on where I go.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Depends on where I go.

In 2 years the child graduates and I'm mobile. Get something high paying in a warm climate.

Dartgod
01-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Can't, I have class that weekend.

Bullshit. I've read here that you have no class.

Congrats Luv. Going to college and getting my bachelors at the age of 38 was one of my greatest accomplishments.

luv
02-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Updated OP. :D

Predarat
02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Updated OP. :D

Awesome job, well done!

talastan
02-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Great job Luv!! I'm in the middle of going back myself. I've still got probably 3 more years though.

Bearcat
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Congratulations! :toast:

What will you ever do with all the free time? :)

luv
02-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Congratulations! :toast:

What will you ever do with all the free time? :)

Apparently exercise. My current routine consists of six days per week.

bevischief
02-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Congrats.

DanT
02-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Congratulations, luv, on this great accomplishment!

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Go luv... it's your birthday... we're gonna party like it's your birthday... gonna drink Bacardi like it's your birthday.... yadda yadda....

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2012, 08:40 PM
A final presentation tomorrow morning and a final exam tomorrow afternoon.

Graduation Sunday morning.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

I think I'll be finished with school (not learning, just school) for a while, possibly for good.

Four degrees may be enough. :shrug:

Count Zarth
04-13-2012, 08:42 PM

Sounds like a fuckload of debt, bro. :eek:

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a fuckload of debt, bro. :eek:

I'm debt free, brah. Zero college loans.

-King-
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ

I think I'll be finished with school (not learning, just school) for a while, possibly for good.

What are your degrees in?

J Diddy
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Congratulations. I still have 2 years left and then, quite possibly, law school.

Count Zarth
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm debt free, brah. Zero college loans.

Awesome. :hail:

Bowser
04-13-2012, 08:49 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Congrats. You have serious sticktoitiveness.

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2012, 08:58 PM
What are your degrees in?

2003: AA in Engineering
2006: BS in Electrical Engineering
2007: MS in Electrical Engineering
2012: MBA

Bowser
04-13-2012, 08:59 PM

MBA in Ocean Topography?

DaKCMan AP
04-13-2012, 09:00 PM
MBA in Ocean Topography?

Female Chest Topography

Bowser
04-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Female Chest Topography

Nice. Good move on taking 12 years to perfect the art, as well.

Saulbadguy
04-13-2012, 09:02 PM
I have a year left. I was invited to Phi Kappa Phi honor society. Might join just to get a couple schollys

kstater
04-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I have a year left. I was invited to Phi Kappa Phi honor society. Might join just to get a couple schollys

Is that one of those pay to get your name listed deals?

Saulbadguy
04-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Is that one of those pay to get your name listed deals?

I think so, but I have checked and they do offer scholarships. If I can get just one of them it would pay for itself.

La literatura
04-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Congratulations. I still have 2 years left and then, quite possibly, law school.

Law school? Where at you looking?

J Diddy
04-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Law school? Where at you looking?

Pretty much this area. Dream is KU, but if that doesn't fly then Washburn or UMKC.

Sucky
04-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Just checked this thread out

Congrats!!! And best of luck to ya

-King-
04-14-2012, 07:48 PM

Yikes. Congrats for remaining sane through all that. Engineering classes are a bitch.

DaKCMan AP
04-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Engineering classes are a bitch.

True that. It was worth it, though.

Bowser
04-14-2012, 08:18 PM

Remember us small folk here at CP when you rule the world.

-King-
04-14-2012, 08:19 PM

What is your current job title? If I may ask.

DaKCMan AP
04-14-2012, 08:21 PM
What is your current job title? If I may ask.

I'm a radiation effects test engineer.

DaKCMan AP
04-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Remember us small folk here at CP when you rule the world.

No doubt. CP will be held in high esteem in my friendly dictatorship.

La literatura
04-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Pretty much this area. Dream is KU, but if that doesn't fly then Washburn or UMKC.

Well, good luck. Law school applications are down right now, so it's easier to get in. But the reason they are down is because law school isn't seen as a great investment right now. It's a lot of money, and not many people come out with a job.

-King-
04-14-2012, 08:59 PM

http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/Bow_down.gif

Mr. Flopnuts
04-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Can I borrow some money?

J Diddy
04-15-2012, 02:35 AM
Well, good luck. Law school applications are down right now, so it's easier to get in. But the reason they are down is because law school isn't seen as a great investment right now. It's a lot of money, and not many people come out with a job.

I'm prepared for that. I don't need to be rich, I just want to change the world.

JD10367
04-15-2012, 06:51 AM

Or, in layman's terms, you microwave bunny rabbits?

DaKCMan AP
04-15-2012, 01:28 PM

Precisely.

J Diddy
04-15-2012, 01:30 PM

Precisely.

ROFL

RunKC
04-15-2012, 02:33 PM
That's awesome dude! I just graduated with a public relations degree and don't know what the hell to do with it. :huh:

Any suggestions or tips in the KC area would be awesome ;)

Paniero
04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
That's awesome dude! I just graduated with a public relations degree and don't know what the hell to do with it. :huh:

It's a trap!

Rain Man
04-15-2012, 07:07 PM

Might I suggest promoting yourself?

Discuss Thrower
04-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Unless I bomb this stupid online class, I'm going to graduate in less than 4 weeks... only to enroll again at a different school for a another bachelor degree.

I shouldn't have been a dumbass cocksucker and got an English degree. Totally fucking worthless. Really wish someone would have the sense to say "You might as well drop out if you're going to piss away money on that bullshit."