PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Its Authentic and its MINE!

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 07:47 AM
My wife recently bought me an authentic Chiefs helmet, signed by the GREAT ....JOE MONTANA!! Its authenticated by "Upper Deck" which I understand is one of the first to do this type of thing. It has its own show case and it looks awesome in my office.

What is some of your coolest Chiefs memorabilia???

NewChief
05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
I keep Trent Green's sister chained up to my bed.

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 07:51 AM

Yes but is she signed by ...JOE MONTANA!! I think not...

jojomontana
05-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Autographed Montana helmet?
:clap:
I'm wondering if that's not the coolest thing in the whole wide world! Well, maybe not *the* coolest, but dang, it's gotta rank right up there with a pair of Kelly Preston's worn panties from the late 80's.

I've got one of his Chief jerseys, but he didn't autograph it. Still my favorite thing though.

Scorp
05-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I have a diaper signed by Larry Johnson.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 08:03 AM

LMAO This thread is worthless without pics.

MOhillbilly
05-06-2010, 08:04 AM
i give my stuff away. Autographed hats,shirts,programs,cards,pictures,tickets ect..

Bill Lundberg
05-06-2010, 08:05 AM
I have an autographed Ryan Sims football. I'll start the bidding at 45 cents.

Molitoth
05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I've got the same Joe helmet, and the football.

Chiefs Rool
05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I have a Dan Saleamua autographed helmet and a Kimble Anders card, I got them like 10 years ago though. Still some of my favorite Chiefs players today.

MOhillbilly
05-06-2010, 08:08 AM
I have a Dan Saleamua autographed helmet and a Kimble Anders card, I got them like 10 years ago though. Still some of my favorite Chiefs players today.

i got kimble anders autograph on a UofH program.

NewChief
05-06-2010, 08:10 AM
LMAO This thread is worthless without pics.

Heh. Trying to get a picture of that would go over real well in our house. I'd end up with a chain wrapped around my neck.

NewChief
05-06-2010, 08:11 AM
And I should also add that an autographed Montana helmet is actually really badass.

Want to trade?

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 08:14 AM
And I should also add that an autographed Montana helmet is actually really badass.

Want to trade?

Definitely need pics for serious consideration...

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Shit just got real.

Don't mind NewPhin. He's still pissed off about a certain someone bringing him a Snuggie for Christmas.

Chiefnj2
05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Full sized Joe Montana autographed helmet.
Mini sized helmet signed by DT.

NewChief
05-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Shit just got real.

Don't mind NewPhin. He's still pissed off about a certain someone bringing him a Snuggie for Christmas.

No shit. I still need to get that thing autographed.

Nevermind, I just remembered that I gave it away the next week at another white elephant party.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
No shit. I still need to get that thing autographed.

Nevermind, I just remembered that I gave it away the next week at another white elephant party.

I would've shit in it and sent it back to the original gifter. :D

RedNFeisty
05-06-2010, 08:29 AM
My wife recently bought me an authentic Chiefs helmet, signed by the GREAT ....JOE MONTANA!! Its authenticated by "Upper Deck" which I understand is one of the first to do this type of thing. It has its own show case and it looks awesome in my office.

Your wife is the greatest!! I would kill for a signed Montana helmet, he is my favorite player of all time due to the rival my father and I had, dad was/is a Cowboy fan so I was a 49'ers fan. I followed Montana to the Chiefs.

KCtotheSB
05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Junior Siavii f**ked my wife!

Beat THAT!

Gonzo
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I have a shit load of memorabilia that I have yet to price out. Some signed cards etc. I do have a topps Montana rookie card. Don't know its worth though.

InChiefsHell
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
I have an autographed pic of Joe and Marcus on the sidelines...my sister used to work in KC and supposedly knew the bus driver for the Chiefs...I really don't care how she got it, but it's definitely a prized possession.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I have an autographed pic of Joe and Marcus on the sidelines...my sister used to work in KC and supposedly knew the bus driver for the Chiefs...I really don't care how she got it, but it's definitely a prized possession.

You think she rocked someone's face off? :D

Psyko Tek
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Junior Siavii f**ked my wife!

Beat THAT!

did he autograph her?

DaFace
05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I've got a Chiefs t-shirt. Not much for memorabilia myself.

cdcox
05-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Otis Taylor autographed pic.

vailpass
05-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Why would you want a piece of Chiefs memorobilia signed by a 49ers QB?

gblowfish
05-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I have a team ball signed by the Chiefs IV Superbowl Champion Team,
and a ball signed by Dawson, Lanier, Bell, Stenerud, Buchanan, Lamar Hunt. Which, at the time the ball was signed, were all the Chiefs in the Pro Football HOF.

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 09:06 AM

Wow, that is incredible. I would have that framed and on display!

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I have a team ball signed by the Chiefs IV Superbowl Champion Team,
and a ball signed by Dawson, Lanier, Bell, Stenerud, Buchanan, Lamar Hunt. Which, at the time the ball was signed, were all the Chiefs in the Pro Football HOF.

I hope you have those in a vault with armed guards. LOL

luv
05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Dad has authentic signed jerseys of DT and Tony framed and hanging in his basement (man cave).

Frazod
05-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Why would you want a piece of Chiefs memorobilia signed by a 49ers QB?

Have you got your new Tebow jersey yet, cockchugger?

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 09:13 AM
What's your address........so you know....I can come by and congratulate you.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
What's your address........so you know....I can come by and congratulate you.

This statement combined with the picture in your avatar, is creepy as fuck.

splatbass
05-06-2010, 09:16 AM
I have an autographed picture of Montana in a Chiefs uniform. When he was playing for the Chiefs I went into a memorabilia store and they had two, one in a chiefs uniform and one in a Niners uniform. I bought the Chiefs one obviously. It is framed and hanging on my wall.

Radar Chief
05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Autographed DT pic. Got it for Christmas just before his wreck in Jan. 00.
I also have autographed pics of Tony Richardson and Andre Rison.

vailpass
05-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Have you got your new Tebow jersey yet, cockchugger?

I was asking a legitimate question. Sure hes a HOFer but he's somebody else's HOFer.
It's like carrying a picture of your buddie's girlfriend in your wallet because she's hot.

splatbass
05-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I was asking a legitimate question. Sure hes a HOFer but he's somebody else's HOFer.
It's like carrying a picture of your buddie's girlfriend in your wallet because she's hot.

You are aware he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game, right?

noa
05-06-2010, 09:23 AM
I still have the authentic emotional scars from watching Johnny Morton do the worm in the end zone!

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 09:23 AM

If it was a legitimate question, then you should know, he led us to the AFC championship game. Which is the most any QB has done for us since Lenny.

So its more like, your buddy broke up with her and then you banged the shit out of her...see.

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 09:24 AM
This statement combined with the picture in your avatar, is creepy as fuck.

Mark Casshole is watching you. :D

Frazod
05-06-2010, 09:24 AM

He did play for the Chiefs. Perhaps you were unaware of this, since it happened before you hopped on the Bronco bandwagon back in 1998. What was your team back then?

BossChief
05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I have a Priest jersey with the whole 03 team (coaches included) having signed it EXCEPT for Priest and Dante.

long story.

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
I have a Priest jersey with the whole 03 team (coaches included) having signed it EXCEPT for Priest and Dante.

long story.

Let me guess.....Priest was too busy eating nachos to sign it.....and you held it up too high for Dante to reach it?

Rausch
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM

Oh, OOOOOOOooooooohhhh do you owe her...

Rausch
05-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I have a Priest jersey with the whole 03 team (coaches included)

That'll drop the value...

Param
05-06-2010, 09:32 AM

I have a 1963 Fleer Len Dawson RC.

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a Chiefs hat signed by Adam Vinatieri.

JASONSAUTO
05-06-2010, 09:40 AM
i was sitting in the bar a couple of weeks ago wearing one of my DT HOF shirts. this old guy walks up and says he has seen me wearing them quite a bit and he had something for me. he goes out to his car and brings an old faded chiefs t shirt in to me and says "i thought you would want this". now im a pretty nice guy so i look at it and smile real big and say "thanks man, cool shirt" even though it wouldnt fit me and it was early 90s style and faded. I fold it up and set it down and continue to drink my drink. Old guy looks pretty rejected and says " you didnt even look at it. (which i had but never turned it over to see the back) he says "you should look at it closer" which i then do....

on the back is a derrick thomas autograph. Guy says that he was in the strip club in the early 90s and DT offered to sign it. Said i would probably enjoy it more than he could anymore

gblowfish
05-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I've gotten a lot of cool stuff over the years from my seats after games. Gloves from Tony G and Jared Allen, hat from Marcus Allen, towel from Dante Hall, etc. Now after games, all these kids come down and beg for stuff and crawl all over each other and scream at the players for merchandise. I've seen their fathers send them down to beg for stuff, then it turns up on EBay a couple days later. Sad really. It's all about the bling. Collecting is really out of control now.

Fish
05-06-2010, 09:48 AM
I've never understood the fascination with having another human being's signature on something you own.... Let alone paying extravagant money for it...

KcFanInGA
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
i give my stuff away. Autographed hats,shirts,programs,cards,pictures,tickets ect..

I am currently accepting donations. Tips on how to obtain autographs are appreciated as well. I have a signed LJ action shot my wife got me for Christmas 08, before he went all 2.7 on us. Now I need something else. Berry or Charles would be nice. The first preseason game is in Atlanta, so maybe I can luck up there.

KcFanInGA
05-06-2010, 09:53 AM
i was sitting in the bar a couple of weeks ago wearing one of my DT HOF shirts. this old guy walks up and says he has seen me wearing them quite a bit and he had something for me. he goes out to his car and brings an old faded chiefs t shirt in to me and says "i thought you would want this". now im a pretty nice guy so i look at it and smile real big and say "thanks man, cool shirt" even though it wouldnt fit me and it was early 90s style and faded. I fold it up and set it down and continue to drink my drink. Old guy looks pretty rejected and says " you didnt even look at it. (which i had but never turned it over to see the back) he says "you should look at it closer" which i then do....

on the back is a derrick thomas autograph. Guy says that he was in the strip club in the early 90s and DT offered to sign it. Said i would probably enjoy it more than he could anymore

Great story!

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Interesting question....

Is it almost impossible to get autographs at a game? I'm going to be at the Monday night game....and it's my first trip to Arrowhead. I figure it would be cool if I could somehow come out of it with an autograph.

Frazod
05-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Interesting question....

Is it almost impossible to get autographs at a game? I'm going to be at the Monday night game....and it's my first trip to Arrowhead. I figure it would be cool if I could somehow come out of it with an autograph.

The only time I got an autograph at a game was before a preseason MNF game in Chicago back in '96. I was specifically told by Louie Aguiar's parents that players do not like to be bothered by autograph seekers prior to the game. However, I was standing next to some ridiculously cute little kid who asked Marcus Allen for an autograph, and he signed one for the kid and one for me as a afterthought (God bless that little brat :D ). Anyway, as far as I could tell, we were the only two people in the stadium that got anything signed (at least by a Chief), and I doubt if anybody got autographs after the game since it was storming so bad the the game was called early.

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
The only time I got an autograph at a game was before a preseason MNF game in Chicago back in '96. I was specifically told by Louie Aguiar's parents that players do not like to be bothered by autograph seekers prior to the game. However, I was standing next to some ridiculously cute little kid who asked Marcus Allen for an autograph, and he signed one for the kid and one for me as a afterthought (God bless that little brat :D ). Anyway, as far as I could tell, we were the only two people in the stadium that got anything signed (at least by a Chief), and I doubt if anybody got autographs after the game since it was storming so bad the the game was called early.

Well....I just think it would be cool to possibly get my jersey autographed.....so that I could frame it and keep it as a memory. If I don't get one....it's no big deal.

I wonder if Matt Cassel would sign my "Clausen at #5" shirt? :D

OmahaChief
05-06-2010, 10:07 AM
I have a Nigerian Nightmare 8X10... it is signed simply...Malaria.

Frazod
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Well....I just think it would be cool to possibly get my jersey autographed.....so that I could frame it and keep it as a memory. If I don't get one....it's no big deal.

I wonder if Matt Cassel would sign my "Clausen at #5" shirt? :D

You should head up to training camp this year and ask him!

Frazod
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I have a Nigerian Nightmare 8X10... it is signed simply...Malaria.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for mine to show up in the mail...... :mad:

Tribal Warfare
05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Montana Autographed football, and a Ray Nitschke personalized autograph when I met him at the age of 14.

Bill Lundberg
05-06-2010, 10:19 AM

43 cents, can I get 43 cents

gblowfish
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM

How bout a Krispy Kreme Donut?

Bill Lundberg
05-06-2010, 10:32 AM
How bout a Krispy Kreme Donut?

Deal, as long as it's hot.

Param
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I've never understood the fascination with having another human being's signature on something you own.... Let alone paying extravagant money for it...

I'm with ya on that.

Param
05-06-2010, 10:52 AM

If it's an authentic NFL football I can toss around, I'll give you 43 cents.

Tribal Warfare
05-06-2010, 11:00 AM

childhood heroes

chiefforlife
05-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Watching Joe was something special. I always thought, when will the Chiefs get someone like him, and then we did! One of the best moves ever by the Chiefs! Marcus Allen was a huge bonus during those days too.

Bill Lundberg
05-06-2010, 11:09 AM
If it's an authentic NFL football I can toss around, I'll give you 43 cents.

Unfortunately, it's one of those hideous autograph balls with a white side. Otherwise I would have scuffed the signature off of it years ago and gotten some good from it.

Sure-Oz
05-06-2010, 11:11 AM

I have a micheal jordan autographed card.

Rausch
05-06-2010, 11:13 AM
I have 6 autographed Kerry Collins rookie cards.

I'm taking offers...

Bill Lundberg
05-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I have 6 autographed Kerry Collins rookie cards.

I'm taking offers...

I'll give you a can of PBR and a vicodin for one.

Rausch
05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I'll give you a can of PBR and a vicodin for one.

Sold.

All 12 for 6 vicodin and a diet coke...

Fish
05-06-2010, 11:26 AM
childhood heroes

I understand that. But why the excitement of having them lazily scribble off their signature? At that point, you're nothing to them other than another drooling starstruck fan for them to look down on. I actually think it takes a little bit away from the "hero" status. Standing there begging them to make their mark on your memorabilia makes you realize that these are just every day dudes that happened to get lucky with their athletic talent, who happen to think that signing autographs is a stupid but necessary requirement for their awesome job. It just feels fake and impersonal. I'd be much more proud of just having a short conversation with a childhood hero face to face, man to man. That would mean so much more to me than a silly autograph.

CoMoChief
05-06-2010, 11:36 AM

So will you be paying me the 45 cents????

Throw in a 12 pack and I'll call it a deal.

CoMoChief
05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
My grandfather has a BUNCH of authenticated old baseball cards from the Ruth and Gerhig era's. Some of those cards are worth hundreds and maybe even thousands of dollars.

Tribal Warfare
05-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I understand that. But why the excitement of having them lazily scribble off their signature? At that point, you're nothing to them other than another drooling starstruck fan for them to look down on. .

As a kid, damn right I was starstruck meeting Ray fucking Nitschke. I wouldn't get an autograph from someone in my generation but as a kid growing getting those players sigs that I admired yeah I'd take that.

CoMoChief
05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I have a football autographed from Otis Taylor. I was really young when I got it (before I even watched ANY football at all). I just knew he played in the NFL and it was cool to get. It wasn't til a few yrs later after watching Chiefs games etc, that I knew who he was.

HIChief
05-06-2010, 04:33 PM
I have Derek Thomas' signed (in person) helmet. My wife picked it up at a swap meet. Then, I got it autographed when he was here for the Pro Bowl in
'97 if memory serves me. Anyway, it was the season they had the Monday night meltdown when Shottenheimer was HC. The defense was incredible, and practically outscored the offense on the season. He recognized the helmet as his when I presented to him for his autograph.

Param
05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I have Derek Thomas' signed (in person) helmet. My wife picked it up at a swap meet. Then, I got it autographed when he was here for the Pro Bowl in
'97 if memory serves me. Anyway, it was the season they had the Monday night meltdown when Shottenheimer was HC. The defense was incredible, and practically outscored the offense on the season. He recognized the helmet as his when I presented to him for his autograph.

Game used helmet? Now that is worth $$$

ChiefsCountry
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I got a DT signed jersey and a Len Dawson signed jersey.

Dr. Van Halen
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a Chiefs football autographed by Lamar Hunt. I figure that will seem a lot cooler when I am an old man.