PDA

View Full Version : Life Employed

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Things were getting pretty hairy. I start my new job on Monday, and while it's not exactly what I was looking for, I'm thankful to have it. Good luck to the rest of you that are out there struggling right now. I'm genuinely pulling for you, because I know first hand how scary it is.

The good news is, making the bash this year should now be a guarantee.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Frazod
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Congratulations! :toast:

DaFace
Congrats, man! It's good to hear a few "got a job" stories lately as opposed to the "lost my job" stories of the last year or two.

pr_capone
w00t! where you at now?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
w00t! where you at now?

Back in the exciting world of bill collections. It was pretty much a last resort, but financially it was necessary.

Marcellus
Awesome.

BigRedChief
Congrats, man! It's good to hear a few "got a job" stories lately as opposed to the "lost my job" stories of the last year or two.THIS!

Congrats! :thumb:

NewChief
Awesome!

allen_kcCard
05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Back in the exciting world of bill collections. It was pretty much a last resort, but financially it was necessary.

Don't call me. :P

Simply Red
05-06-2010, 01:50 PM
word! nice!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM

PM me your name, phone number, place of employment, and bank account information and I promise I won't. :p

OnTheWarpath58
05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Congrats, man. Great news.

Old Dog
05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Congrats

Sofa King
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
congrats buddy!

JASONSAUTO
05-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Good to hear, congrats

TrebMaxx
05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Congrats!

Reaper16
05-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Reaper16 likes this.

Sofa King
05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ato/lowres/aton725l.jpg

Gonzo
05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Good for you man. I know you were starting to get pretty concerned there lately.

Congrats.
Posted via Mobile Device

CosmicPal
05-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Congrats on getting a job.

It's been over a year for me now, and it's getting to the point that an underpass might end up being my next home pretty soon. Never, ever, did I ever think it would ever come to this...

seclark
05-06-2010, 02:24 PM
flop em!!!(congrats)
sec

Sure-Oz
05-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Excellent news

ArrowheadHawk
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Congrats!

mlyonsd
05-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Congrats

CrazyPhuD
05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Awesome man! PBJ

NewChief
05-06-2010, 02:30 PM

It's been over a year for me now, and it's getting to the point that an underpass might end up being my next home pretty soon. Never, ever, did I ever think it would ever come to this...

That's tough, man. I hope things work out for you. The good news is that you've probably been well prepared for living a semi-homeless lifestyle by touring.

Buehler445
05-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Congrats Floppy! I didn't know you were out of work, but I am certainly glad things are on the up and up.

Iowanian
05-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Kind of ironic that you'll be hounding other struggling people now.....

"GIVE US THE MON-AY FOR THE RENTA-CENTER TV NOW!!!!!"

http://pleasedress.me/img/2862.gif

HotRoute
05-06-2010, 02:40 PM

Congrats for the good news, dont give em a reson to think that you dont deserve it man :thumb:

Dicky McElephant
05-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Congrats man.

It may not be what you want to do....but sometimes it has to be done.

Delano
05-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Mister - Flop - Nuts

*Clap - Clap - ClapClapClap*

Priest31kc
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Congrats man. Its been a little over a year for me without a job, well a full time job, thank God my dad has his own business so I do some part time work online for him, but yeah, its a major struggle. Once again congrats.

Monty
05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Congrats!

RedNFeisty
05-06-2010, 03:19 PM
That is fantastic news, congratulations!! It will keep the bills paid until you find the right job! :thumb:

RedNFeisty
05-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Keep your chin up, the sun will come out tomorrow!!

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks again everyone. The irony is not lost on me Iowanian. I'm not thrilled about it, but sometimes in life we do what we have to do.

CaliforniaChief
05-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm really happy for you, Mr. Flopnuts. I hope this leads to great things down the road! Unfortunately it doesn't help the job numbers overall with JaMarcus getting laid off and all.

CosmicPal
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Keep your chin up, the sun will come out tomorrow!!

Actually, the sun has been out every day since I've been here. :D

I didn't mean to diminish the spirits around here and I'm very happy for Flop and only stated my predicament because he would understand what I've been going through since he's been there himself.

And I fully appreciate everyone who have given me their kindest thoughts.

I will tell you this, I've learned to become quite the resourceful person and haven't been sitting on my ass doing nothing. It is frustrating getting rejected job after job; but I've written a novel, launched a successful online store, got to travel some, turned my backyard into a blooming herb/vegetable garden, learned how to make household cleaners from scratch, and learned to mend/extend the life of products I would have normally thrown away, and learned to accept frugality as a means to persevere over the shame so many place upon it.

But not having a regular job hurts- not having something to go to every day, to provide value to a company, and receive benefits, and make new friends, etc. The structure that a real job provides is the void in my life right now.

I'm thrilled he scored a job and hope it all works out for the best for him. :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
And I appreciate that bud. I am truly pulling for you, because I do know FIRST hand what you're going through. The one fortunate thing for me is that this line of work has been an option since day 1. I did everything in my power to find something else, but in the back of my mind I knew that I could always do this. That in itself made the whole thing a little less scary than it would normally be, and I'm thankful for that.

Again, I'm pulling for you buddy. I hope it remedies itself immediately.

dirk digler
05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Congrats Mr. Flopnuts just don't ever call me. :D

teedubya
05-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Didn't you say in the other post a few days ago, that you were next!

Dude, you are Nostradumbass!! Awesome, man! Congrats. A light carb low-calorie beer is on me!

tw

kc rush
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Glad you found something. Don't let it stop you from looking for something you truly want to do though.

banyon
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Things were getting pretty hairy. I start my new job on Monday, and while it's not exactly what I was looking for, I'm thankful to have it. Good luck to the rest of you that are out there struggling right now. I'm genuinely pulling for you, because I know first hand how scary it is.

PBJ PBJ PBJ

good deal Flopnuts!

Hopefully this will get you back on your feet so you can get to where you want to be.

RedNFeisty
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Actually, the sun has been out every day since I've been here. :D

I didn't mean to diminish the spirits around here and I'm very happy for Flop and only stated my predicament because he would understand what I've been going through since he's been there himself.

And I fully appreciate everyone who have given me their kindest thoughts.

I will tell you this, I've learned to become quite the resourceful person and haven't been sitting on my ass doing nothing. It is frustrating getting rejected job after job; but I've written a novel, launched a successful online store, got to travel some, turned my backyard into a blooming herb/vegetable garden, learned how to make household cleaners from scratch, and learned to mend/extend the life of products I would have normally thrown away, and learned to accept frugality as a means to persevere over the shame so many place upon it.

But not having a regular job hurts- not having something to go to every day, to provide value to a company, and receive benefits, and make new friends, etc. The structure that a real job provides is the void in my life right now.

I'm thrilled he scored a job and hope it all works out for the best for him. :thumb:

I didn't think you were trying to rain on Flopnuts parade. I was only offering encouragement without going deep on you! Sounds like you accomplished many things that may have taken longer if confined by the restraints of a normal job, even if the bills are not getting paid. I can also relate, I keep telling myself to envision and it will come to be, plus keep striving the sacrifice will be worth it.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I didn't think you were trying to rain on Flopnuts parade. I was only offering encouragement without going deep on you! Sounds like you accomplished many things that may have taken longer if confined by the restraints of a normal job, even if the bills are not getting paid. I can also relate, I keep telling myself to envision and it will come to be, plus keep striving the sacrifice will be worth it.

Nor did I. In fact, as Teedubya pointed out, I said the same thing in someone else's employment thread a week or two ago.

And thanks again to everyone for the support. Doing what we have to do is only the end of the world if we chose to make it so. I'm incredibly optimistic that my feet will lead me right where I want to go.

rockymtnchief
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
:clap:
Congrats!

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Good deal man. I hope to be joining you soon.

Mr Luzcious
05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Good to hear and congrats Flopnuts!

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Congrats, Flop.

Fritz88
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Congrats. Good luck everyone else.

Bwana
05-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Great news! Congrats FN, I put in my two weeks myself ealier this week and will be with a new outfit soon.

bevischief
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Good news!

Manila-Chief
05-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Great news Floppy!!! My kids have lost jobs in the last couple of years or so ... thus, it is hard on family members as well. I agree with you that a less than desirable job is better than not having any income. Hope this economy gets turned around soon, so you can upgrade to your dream career.

CosmicPal ... I really hope things start looking up for you and you can soon find that door that will open for you. Proud of you for taking steps to survive. What you have learned will help in the future ... but, I know it will help a lot better when (I first wrote "if" but, when is more positive) your new job produces regular income. I like your positive spirit. Keep expecting good things to happen!!!

warpaint*
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Congratulations!

DaneMcCloud
05-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Congrats, Dude!

milkman
05-06-2010, 09:45 PM

You know, I wonder how good you are at your job, really?

I mean, how many years have you been trying to collect that back child support from me?

milkman
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Here's hoping things turn around for you.

Hate to hear it.

I'd been laid off from three different jobs in the last ten years, all three for companies that shut down operations.

It's a bitch.

DumbHillbillies
05-06-2010, 10:09 PM

:LOL: This

KcMizzou
05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Congrats, man. Really happy to hear it.

BossChief
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm glad to hear the news man. I hope it allows you to live the way that suits your style.

I can relate to a lot of you. A little over a year ago life was going extremely well for me but since then a lot has grinded to a halt and I may be due for a life change as well shortly.

My life has taken me in many different directions and Im a firm believer that, even though Im really not religious, god works in mysterious ways and everything happens for a reason.

Much luck to everyone else struggling to get where they want to be, wherever that may be.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm glad to hear the news man. I hope it allows you to live the way that suits your style.

I can relate to a lot of you. A little over a year ago life was going extremely well for me but since then a lot has grinded to a halt and I may be due for a life change as well shortly.

My life has taken me in many different directions and Im a firm believer that, even though Im really not religious, god works in mysterious ways and everything happens for a reason.

Much luck to everyone else struggling to get where they want to be, wherever that may be.

I'm not going to be doing what I want to do, but I have no doubt I'll be doing what I need too. I also believe everything happens for a reason, and I also believe that none of us get anything we don't deserve. Good, bad, or ugly.

KcMizzou
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't know how people survive when it happens. It's not like I have much of anything in the bank account, and I'm a single dad with two kids. I pretty much count on next week's paycheck every week. I suppose you scrape and dig, and find a way to make things work... since you have no other choice. But it's a frightening thought.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I don't know how people survive when it happens. It's not like I have much of anything in the bank account, and I'm a single dad with two kids. I pretty much count on next week's paycheck every week. I suppose you scrape and dig, and find a way to make things work... since you have no other choice. But it's a frightening thought.

We had some money saved, but not very much. We went lean. Real lean. No fun. No eating out. No nothing. And luckily for us, no emergencies came up. I borrowed a little money, but not much. That's how we did it.

We scrimped off of what little we had, and spent as little as possible. Not Top Ramen every night broke, but you get my idea. It was unpleasant, not downright miserable. I consider us lucky considering I was out of work for almost 6 months.

My wife works, but she doesn't make enough to cover our overhead, so that's what made us last as long as we did.

BossChief
05-06-2010, 11:15 PM

You would be surprised what you can do when you need to do it.

Its like when you have your first child and you wake up one day and all of a sudden start making different decisions and not even realize it. Your instincts kick in. I think its similar in ways.

KcMizzou
05-06-2010, 11:16 PM
We had some money saved, but not very much. We went lean. Real lean. No fun. No eating out. No nothing. And luckily for us, no emergencies came up. I borrowed a little money, but not much. That's how we did it.

We scrimped off of what little we had, and spent as little as possible. Not Top Ramen every night broke, but you get my idea. It was unpleasant, not downright miserable. I consider us lucky considering I was out of work for almost 6 months.

My wife works, but she doesn't make enough to cover our overhead, so that's what made us last as long as we did.Well, I'm sincerely happy for you and your family. Has to be a huge weight off your shoulders.

I feel like I'm pretty secure in my job, but that old paranoia gets to me sometimes. Thinking about "what if".

KcMizzou
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
You would be surprised what you can do when you need to do it.

Its like when you have your first child and you wake up one day and all of a sudden start making different decisions and not even realize it. Your instincts kick in. I think its similar in ways.Well, that, I can relate to... lol

Marcellus
05-06-2010, 11:19 PM

My wife works, but she doesn't make enough to cover our overhead, so that's what made us last as long as we did.

Just keep rolling and keeping a positive attitude. I have been at hell's door many times until the last 3 years or so and now things are good. Amazing the difference a year or two can make. You just have to hang in there.

ClevelandBronco
05-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Good luck with the new job. Enjoy a stress-free weekend for a change.

Silock
05-07-2010, 02:01 AM
w00t

PhillyChiefFan
05-07-2010, 05:59 AM
That's great news Flopnuts, congrats buddy!!!

:toast:

patteeu
05-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Congratulations, Mr. Flopnuts. Don't call me, I'll call you when I have the money.

stevieray
05-07-2010, 08:31 AM

this. almost the same story for me and my wife...I'm back working for someone else for the first time in fifteen years.

not enough, but thankful none the less.

kind of amazing how much your life has changed in the last few months, eh?

good things on the horizon for you mike...i can just feel it.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
this. almost the same story for me and my wife...I'm back working for someone else for the first time in fifteen years.

not enough, but thankful none the less.

kind of amazing how much your life has changed in the last few months, eh?

good things on the horizon for you mike...i can just feel it.

Thank you bud. We create our own happiness every single day, so this isn't getting me down. If life didn't have any speed bumps, it'd be a boring ride. Hopefully for both of us (and everyone else out there) it'll be a short little trip down memory lane.

Lzen
05-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Good news. Congrats, man.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Over 73 responses and 1000 views. Thanks again to everyone. I didn't start a thread when I lost my job, but I did mention it in passing a couple of times. I appreciate everyone's well wishes and support.

KChiefs1
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Congrats!

I used to do that...how much are they paying you nowadays for that kinda work?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Congrats!

I used to do that...how much are they paying you nowadays for that kinda work?

I have a lot of experience, so I got a good base salary, but it's still a commission based job.

DaKCMan AP
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Awesome, congrats! :toast:

BIG_DADDY
05-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Pimpin ain't easy. Best of luck to you nut flopper.

vailpass
05-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Way to go Flop. Countdown to your first pay check has commenced.