PDA

View Full Version : Football Stay Classy, Pats.

nychief
05-06-2010, 01:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Patriots-disappoint-some-wide-eyed-youngsters?urn=nfl,239155

Patriots disappoint some wide-eyed youngsters
By MJD

A bunch of kids at Lebanon Middle School in Connecticut got fired up to participate in the NFL's "Fuel Up to Play 60" program -- more than half of the kids at the school, in fact.
And because their participation rate was so high, they thought they won the right to have some real, actual New England Patriots come to their school. I imagine the youngsters thought they'd be mingling with Tom Brady(notes), Randy Moss(notes), Wes Welker(notes) ... at the very least, a Tully Banta-Cain(notes) or a Julian Edelman(notes).
Nope. They got an intern. He brought some exercise videos. Enjoy, kids!
From NorwichBulletin.com:
The Fuel up to Play 60 Web site stated if enough students participated in the program, they would be rewarded with a gym session complete with New England Patriots, said [health and physical education teacher Alyssa] Fabry. The students ended up with one of the highest participation rates in the state.
Instead, the hour featured a registered dietitian giving them tips on healthy eating and a communications intern from the New England Patriots playing kickboxing workout videos.
“The event was fun,” said seventh-grader Tom Bergamo, who won a (Patriot’s running back) Fred Taylor(notes) jersey for being the most dedicated student to the program. “But I was hoping to see a Patriot. I even brought pens and notebooks so I could get autographs.”
I was willing to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt and believe that there was an honest mistake here ... until I read that they gave the kid a Fred Taylor jersey. Fred Taylor? Fred Taylor and his 269 yards last year? That's really the best you can do for the kid? What, was Zoltan Mesko(notes) too busy to sign a jersey?
The kids seemed to take it in stride, though.
"I thought it was fun,” student Levi Duharme said. "I like the videos; they were cool."
Well, it probably still beats science class. The young fellow is being a better sport about it than I would've been. If they were just going to send a random intern and some videos, I'd have at least demanded to see the video of the Rams practice before Super Bowl XXXVI.

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
I loved Fred Taylor. I would have been happy with that.

Detoxing
05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Damn, couldn't even send a bench warmer? Sheeshh....

Pestilence
05-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Damn, couldn't even send a bench warmer? Sheeshh....

Exactly....like Maroney is busy.

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Sounds like they got a good lesson in disappointment. They'd better get used to it because life is full of them.

HotRoute
05-06-2010, 01:44 PM
talk about the patriot way. . . . what a crock

Slainte
05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes, I hate those winners too!

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
They're lucky they got what they got. My old school would just send the KC wolf mascot and expect us to be happy.

Amnorix
05-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Patriots are very active in the community. This is most likely a screw up/miscommunication somewhere.

I imagine we'll see some kind of statement followed by some appearances or something. Obviously, the haters won't care, but whatever.

HotRoute
05-06-2010, 01:54 PM
they succeeded in trashing the pats, if that is what they were trying to do.

Amnorix
05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, actually, the screw up had nothing to do with the Patriots. Brilliant!

"But officials at Lebanon MS made the assumption that Patriots' players were part of the deal -- and the New England Dairy and Food Council is taking full responsibility for the misunderstanding.

Gary Wheelock, CEO of the non-profit group, sends this statement:

"New England Dairy & Food Council wishes to apologize for our miscommunication that led to student disappointment that a New England Patriots player did not attend the Lebanon CT Middle School assembly program earlier this week.

This was not, in any way, the fault of the Patriots, it was solely New England Dairy & Food Council’s mistake, and we are very sorry."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Mr. Flopnuts
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, actually, the screw up had nothing to do with the Patriots. Brilliant!

"But officials at Lebanon MS made the assumption that Patriots' players were part of the deal -- and the New England Dairy and Food Council is taking full responsibility for the misunderstanding.

Gary Wheelock, CEO of the non-profit group, sends this statement:

"New England Dairy & Food Council wishes to apologize for our miscommunication that led to student disappointment that a New England Patriots player did not attend the Lebanon CT Middle School assembly program earlier this week.

This was not, in any way, the fault of the Patriots, it was solely New England Dairy & Food Council’s mistake, and we are very sorry."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

How hard would it be for the Pats to step up and do something about it? They should.

Detoxing
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
How hard would it be for the Pats to step up and do something about it? They should.

This.

I'd be surprised if the Pats didn't make this situation right. Seems like a good PR opportunity.

Mecca
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
They should send guys like Maroney, Wilhite and Terrence Wheatley to things like this so they can explain to the kids how to get high paying jobs without being any good at them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Nope. They got an intern. He brought some exercise videos. Enjoy, kids!

ROFL :clap: ROFL

Chiefs Rool
05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
hahaha, that's hilarious but sooo wrong. That should be all over the news.

KCrockaholic
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
hahaha, that's hilarious but sooo wrong. That should be all over the news.

You realllly need a new Avatar....

Detoxing
05-06-2010, 04:03 PM

We should make a thread about it.

Von Dumbass
05-06-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=70881@kcnc.dayport.com

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 05:36 PM

BWU-HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG that's sad.

CoMoChief
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM

And that ALSO needs to be all over the news.

CoMoChief
05-06-2010, 05:56 PM

My god.

It's going to be fucking hilarious when he fails miserably.

JD10367
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
The fuck-up wasn't the fault of the Patriots.

It has nothing to do with how good or bad the organization is.

Any press about this is merely the result of haterade by douchebags.

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
My god.

It's going to be fucking hilarious when he fails miserably.

We don't often agree, so I cherish these moments when we do. :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 05:59 PM
The fuck-up wasn't the fault of the Patriots.

It has nothing to do with how good or bad the organization is.

Any press about this is merely the result of haterade by douchebags.

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

LMAO

I think we found "Scott Pioli's" original membership here, folks.

JD10367
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
LMAO

I think we found "Scott Pioli's" original membership here, folks.

No idea what that's supposed to mean.

Bob Dole
05-06-2010, 06:57 PM
When Bob Dole was a kid the Royals and Chiefs would send players out to our podunk grade schools. Bob Dole remembers meeting Rojas Patek and Otis from the Royals and Dawson and Taylor from the Chiefs. And those guys weren't making anywhere near the scratch players are today.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
No idea what that's supposed to mean.

"Scott Pioli" is your mult.

dj56dt58
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
we'll ship them a couple ex Pats for a new box crayons. Will that work?

alnorth
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
This.

I'd be surprised if the Pats didn't make this situation right. Seems like a good PR opportunity.

I doubt they would have known about some weird obscure contest that they had no involvement with until after they started getting phone calls.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2010, 12:48 PM
we'll ship them a couple ex Pats for a new box crayons. Will that work?

Why yes, yes it will.

Make it rain!

Amnorix
05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
So anyone who knows the Patriots and how they operate won't be surprised by this. The haters might be, but there is no stopping ignorance, so whatever.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/05/patriots_do_rig.html

So we all remember the story last week when the Patriots were falsely blamed for leaving some middle schoolers on Connecticut in the lurch -- when school officials were expecting a player visit they were never promised for participating in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program, kids were disappointed...right?

Well even though it wasn't their responsibility -- the New England Dairy & Food Council claimed blame -- the Pats made it up to the kids and staff at Lebanon Middle School in a major way on Wednesday: Bill Belichick and Dan Koppen traveled to visit the kids and brought Pat Patriot along for good measure.

Here's a clip of the festivities (http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=42910&pcid=111)...and kudos to the Patriots for going out of their way to correct a mixup they weren't responsible for causing.

Buehler445
05-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Way to make good on it, pats.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
05-13-2010, 07:24 AM
"Scott Pioli" is your mult.

Your mama is my mult, douchewaffle. Unlike you and other Internet children, I don't find the need to create multiple personas. "Tee hee, look at me, I've got them thinking I'm someone else!" Fucking losers. Get a life, as William Shatner famously said on "SNL".

Detoxing
05-13-2010, 09:56 AM
So anyone who knows the Patriots and how they operate won't be surprised by this. The haters might be, but there is no stopping ignorance, so whatever.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/05/patriots_do_rig.html

So we all remember the story last week when the Patriots were falsely blamed for leaving some middle schoolers on Connecticut in the lurch -- when school officials were expecting a player visit they were never promised for participating in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program, kids were disappointed...right?

Well even though it wasn't their responsibility -- the New England Dairy & Food Council claimed blame -- the Pats made it up to the kids and staff at Lebanon Middle School in a major way on Wednesday: Bill Belichick and Dan Koppen traveled to visit the kids and brought Pat Patriot along for good measure.

Here's a clip of the festivities (http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=42910&pcid=111)...and kudos to the Patriots for going out of their way to correct a mixup they weren't responsible for causing.

Good. I think we all kinda figured they would do this. It's a perfect PR move.

Sure-Oz
05-13-2010, 10:06 AM

Stay Classy Pats

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Your mama is my mult, douchewaffle. Unlike you and other Internet children, I don't find the need to create multiple personas. "Tee hee, look at me, I've got them thinking I'm someone else!" Fucking losers. Get a life, as William Shatner famously said on "SNL".

Listen up you snide little sack of Boston, baked bean-shit( Ooohh! We know how to make Beans in Boston! BFD; so do pimple-faced teenagers at Taco Bell, thank you); maybe you should create a mult!
Perhaps one that doesn't wash your former GM's-err...I mean Belichick's lackey's nut-sack every time he puts on his Retard-Beanie and gives the little propeller on top a spin to determine how the "tough decisions" will be made?

'Kay/Thx!:thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Pioli would never have corrected this.

3rd&48ers
05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Patriots are very active in the community. This is most likely a screw up/miscommunication somewhere.

I imagine we'll see some kind of statement followed by some appearances or something. Obviously, the haters won't care, but whatever.

don't you have some video tape to go over or something? :shake:

Von Dumbass
05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Quit bumping Cheatriot threads. :cuss:

BossChief
05-13-2010, 05:29 PM
they are gonna have a bit on this on NFLNTA in a little bit.