PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Should Sign Russell- By Nick

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 10:07 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/968533.html

By Nick Athan

With all the talk in the offseason about the Chiefs possible interest in Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen, Kansas City may have another quarterback option. Thursday marked the end of the JaMarcus Russell era in Oakland and Kansas City would be wise to sign the former Raider.

There may not be a more talented under-achieving third string quarterback in the NFL like former Raider JaMarcus Russell. And heís free to any team that wants to sign the 24-year old former first overall draft pick.

Seriously, the Chiefs arenít likely to take my suggestion seriously but they should. Sure he has hideous mechanics, heís overweight, not the most intelligent field general Iíve seen; but heís 2-0 at Arrowhead as a starter.

How many wins does current Chiefs starter Matt Cassel and his back-up Brodie Croyle have in Kansas City? The same NUMBER as Russell. Cassel has two in 2009 and Croyle has never won at Arrowhead.

So why not take the risk on Russell?

I mean how much fun would it be if new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis can turn Russell into a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. I mean would that not be the biggest slap in the face to Raiders front man .

Remember how mad he was when Marcus Allen jumped from the Raiders to the Chiefs. Davis was convinced that Allen was washed up so he let him go and Allen tortured the Raiders every time they faced the Chiefs over and over again. Davis was at the forefront of the Russell selection even though many NFL scouts thought heíd be a bust.

The problem with Russell is that he really never ran a pro set offense at LSU. Heís known as a street quarterback. Heíd get in the huddle and tell his receivers to just get open and theyíd churn up big yards when they improvised by throwing the ball all over the field. That wonít work in the NFL, though Iíd love to see a wild offense like that from the Chiefs.

Russell, if heís going to salvage his NFL career, really needs to go the right team that can motivate him to get his weight under control, change his attitude, rid him of his entourage and find a way to make him humble.

The team that does just that might get a nice surprise some day.

Russell isnít a bad kid. But he went to arguably the worst organization in football. I think that one factor, not a lack of talent, had more to do with his failures in Oakland than anything else.

This morning every one is making comparisons of Russell to former Quarterback busts like Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Heath Shuler. But thatís not fair. Heís far more talented than any of them.

So will the Chiefs make a run for Russell?

I hope they do if for no other reason than to add a fourth quarterback for training camp and to stick it to . It would also give the Chiefs some interesting press and it would put some pressure on Cassel and Croyle.

And imagine this scenario. The Chiefs end the season at Arrowhead on January 2nd. Kansas City and Oakland could be battling for one of the final AFC playoff spots and what if Cassel and Croyle are both hurt. Wouldnít it be something if Russell steps up and beats his former team and sends them back to west coast after a humiliating loss?

thecoffeeguy
05-07-2010, 10:08 AM
NT.

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 10:10 AM
So his argument for signing Russel is that he has two wins at Arrowhead? That's fucking brilliant, no wonder everyone hates WPI

tymania
05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
its a nice thought, that the Chiefs would be able to turn his career around.. and i would like to see it happen, but no..not at this point in our 18th billion rebuilding year

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 10:13 AM
its a nice thought, that the Chiefs would be able to turn his career around.. and i would like to see it happen, but no..not at this point in our 18th billion rebuilding year

It's like marrying a skeezy whore and hoping she turns into a good wife

dirk digler
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
LMAO God what an idiot

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 10:15 AM
EDIT: nothing to see here.

Gonzo
05-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Fucking stupid... Why would they burn a roster spot on him? We really dont need any more projects.

Shag
05-07-2010, 10:17 AM
ROFL

Athan continues to earn his rep...

buddha
05-07-2010, 10:18 AM
No freaking way! It's a waste of time and reps. KC needs a legit QB of the future and Russell ain't that.

Von Dumbass
If somebody can copy it, and paste it here, i'll gladly add it to the first post...

With all the talk in the offseason about the Chiefs possible interest in Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen, Kansas City may have another quarterback option. Thursday marked the end of the JaMarcus Russell era in Oakland and Kansas City would be wise to sign the former Raider.

There may not be a more talented under-achieving third string quarterback in the NFL like former Raider JaMarcus Russell. And he’s free to any team that wants to sign the 24-year old former first overall draft pick.

Seriously, the Chiefs aren’t likely to take my suggestion seriously but they should. Sure he has hideous mechanics, he’s overweight, not the most intelligent field general I’ve seen; but he’s 2-0 at Arrowhead as a starter.

How many wins does current Chiefs starter Matt Cassel and his back-up Brodie Croyle have in Kansas City? The same NUMBER as Russell. Cassel has two in 2009 and Croyle has never won at Arrowhead.

I mean how much fun would it be if new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis can turn Russell into a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. I mean would that not be the biggest slap in the face to Raiders front man Al Davis.

Remember how mad he was when Marcus Allen jumped from the Raiders to the Chiefs. Davis was convinced that Allen was washed up so he let him go and Allen tortured the Raiders every time they faced the Chiefs over and over again. Davis was at the forefront of the Russell selection even though many NFL scouts thought he’d be a bust.

The problem with Russell is that he really never ran a pro set offense at LSU. He’s known as a street quarterback. He’d get in the huddle and tell his receivers to just get open and they’d churn up big yards when they improvised by throwing the ball all over the field. That won’t work in the NFL, though I’d love to see a wild offense like that from the Chiefs.

Russell, if he’s going to salvage his NFL career, really needs to go the right team that can motivate him to get his weight under control, change his attitude, rid him of his entourage and find a way to make him humble.

Russell isn’t a bad kid. But he went to arguably the worst organization in football. I think that one factor, not a lack of talent, had more to do with his failures in Oakland than anything else.

This morning every one is making comparisons of Russell to former Quarterback busts like Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Heath Shuler. But that’s not fair. He’s far more talented than any of them.

I hope they do if for no other reason than to add a fourth quarterback for training camp and to stick it to Al Davis. It would also give the Chiefs some interesting press and it would put some pressure on Cassel and Croyle.

And imagine this scenario. The Chiefs end the season at Arrowhead on January 2nd. Kansas City and Oakland could be battling for one of the final AFC playoff spots and what if Cassel and Croyle are both hurt. Wouldn’t it be something if Russell steps up and beats his former team and sends them back to west coast after a humiliating loss?

Detoxing
However, it would make for interesting camp just to watch Haley berate his fat-ass into shape.

I'm kinda warming up to the idea now, just so i can watch Haley verbally assault Al's boy.

Crush
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Sure he has hideous mechanics, he’s overweight, not the most intelligent field general I’ve seen; but...

He is officially fucking with us.

SNR
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I hope Athan's family dies

Gonzo
05-07-2010, 10:20 AM
With all the talk in the offseason about the Chiefs possible interest in Brady Quinn and Jimmy Clausen, Kansas City may have another quarterback option. Thursday marked the end of the JaMarcus Russell era in Oakland and Kansas City would be wise to sign the former st round pick.

There may not be a more talented under-achieving third string quarterback in the NFL like former Raider JaMarcus Russell. And he?s free to any team that wants to sign the 24-year old former first overall draft pick. Seriously, the Chiefs aren?t likely to take my suggestion seriously but they should. Sure he has hideous mechanics, he?s overweight, not the most intelligent field general I?ve seen; but he?s 2-0 at Arrowhead as a starter. How many wins does current Chiefs starter Matt Cassel and his back-up Brodie Croyle have in Kansas City? The same NUMBER as Russell. Cassel has two in 2009 and Croyle has never won at Arrowhead. So why not take the risk on Russell? I mean how much fun would it be if new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis can turn Russell into a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. I mean would that not be the biggest slap in the face to Raiders front man Al Davis. Remember how mad he was when Marcus Allen jumped from the Raiders to the Chiefs. Davis was convinced that Allen was washed up so he let him go and Allen tortured the Raiders every time they faced the Chiefs over and over again. Davis was at the forefront of the Russell selection even though many NFL scouts thought he?d be a bust. The problem with Russell is that he really never ran a pro set offense at LSU. He?s known as a street quarterback. He?d get in the huddle and tell his receivers to just get open and they?d churn up big yards when they improvised by throwing the ball all over the field. That won?t work in the NFL, though I?d love to see a wild offense like that from the Chiefs. Russell, if he?s going to salvage his NFL career, really needs to go the right team that can motivate him to get his weight under control, change his attitude, rid him of his entourage and find a way to make him humble. The Chiefs should try to salvageRussell's career in KC.Getty The team that does just that might get a nice surprise some day. Russell isn?t a bad kid. But he went to arguably the worst organization in football. I think that one factor, not a

Count Zarth
Horrible.

Bane
Just exactly what this team needs,another worthless POS QB that shouldn't be on an NFL roster...Brilliant!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
05-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Horrible.

He is your boyfriend

Crush
05-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Chiefs Should Sign Russell
By Nick "Assclown" Athan (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:location.href=%27http://search.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=4&c=1&search=1&sskey=%22%27%20+%20author%20+%20%27%22&sssiteid=115&type=2%27;)
Publisher
Posted May 7, 2010

<script language="JavaScript"> document.onselectstart=new Function('return false'); function dMDown(e) {return false;} function dOClick() {return true;} document.onmousedown=dMDown; document.onclick=dOClick; </script> There may not be a more talented under-achieving third string quarterback in the NFL like former Raider JaMarcus Russell (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4249031). And he’s free to any team that wants to sign the 24-year old former first overall draft pick.

Seriously, the Chiefs aren’t likely to take my suggestion seriously but they should. Sure he has hideous mechanics, he’s overweight, not the most intelligent field general I’ve seen; but he’s 2-0 at Arrowhead as a starter.

How many wins does current Chiefs starter Matt Cassel (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4210794) and his back-up Brodie Croyle (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4911801) have in Kansas City? The same NUMBER as Russell. Cassel has two in 2009 and Croyle has never won at Arrowhead.

I mean how much fun would it be if new offensive coordinator Charlie Weis can turn Russell into a legitimate NFL starting quarterback. I mean would that not be the biggest slap in the face to Raiders front man Al Davis.

Remember how mad he was when Marcus Allen jumped from the Raiders to the Chiefs. Davis was convinced that Allen was washed up so he let him go and Allen tortured the Raiders every time they faced the Chiefs over and over again. Davis was at the forefront of the Russell selection even though many NFL scouts thought he’d be a bust.

The problem with Russell is that he really never ran a pro set offense at LSU. He’s known as a street quarterback. He’d get in the huddle and tell his receivers to just get open and they’d churn up big yards when they improvised by throwing the ball all over the field. That won’t work in the NFL, though I’d love to see a wild offense like that from the Chiefs.

Russell, if he’s going to salvage his NFL career, really needs to go the right team that can motivate him to get his weight under control, change his attitude, rid him of his entourage and find a way to make him humble.

Russell isn’t a bad kid. But he went to arguably the worst organization in football. I think that one factor, not a lack of talent, had more to do with his failures in Oakland than anything else.

This morning every one is making comparisons of Russell to former Quarterback busts like Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Heath Shuler. But that’s not fair. He’s far more talented than any of them.

I hope they do if for no other reason than to add a fourth quarterback for training camp and to stick it to Al Davis. It would also give the Chiefs some interesting press and it would put some pressure on Cassel and Croyle.

And imagine this scenario. The Chiefs end the season at Arrowhead on January 2nd. Kansas City and Oakland could be battling for one of the final AFC playoff spots and what if Cassel and Croyle are both hurt. Wouldn’t it be something if Russell steps up and beats his former team and sends them back to west coast after a humiliating loss?

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
He is your boyfriend

Not anymore.

btlook1
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
me thinks this Nick guy is smoking crack way to much!

jAZ
05-07-2010, 10:25 AM
While I don't mind the thought of a former #1 overall project QB on the cheap, I can't imagine Pioli and Haley signing a player who is almost exclusively known for being one of the biggest busts in history largely because he has no heart, no passion, no dedication and no love for the game of football. That player is the total opposite of everything they have said they look for in a player.

alpha_omega
05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Someone actually spent time writing this?

Fat Elvis
05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Give him a bag of Doritos and sit his fat ass down in the middle of our defensive line.

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Give him a bag of Doritos and sit his fat ass down in the middle of our defensive line.

all the opposing o-lineman would have orange smears on front of their white pants... somewhere near the genitals....

LaChapelle
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
The St Joseph Restaurant Association placed an add in WPI's June issue

chiefsnorth
05-07-2010, 10:36 AM
???
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefsnorth
05-07-2010, 10:36 AM
is this guy the dumbest mother fichen on earth??
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler
05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Not anymore.

You guys break up?

BarrySPAMAID
05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Nick keeps getting worse, and worse by the second. What a complete waste of my time. I stopped reading after the first paragraph. And people PAY this guy to go to his site..Drives me fucking looney.

patteeu
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
While I don't mind the thought of a former #1 overall project QB on the cheap, I can't imagine Pioli and Haley signing a player who is almost exclusively known for being one of the biggest busts in history largely because he has no heart, no passion, no dedication and no love for the game of football. That player is the total opposite of everything they have said they look for in a player.

And on top of all this, he might be a bad influence on DBowe who needs a bad influence like he needs butter on his hands.

CoMoChief
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM

:spock:

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
And on top of all this, he might be a bad influence on DBowe who needs a bad influence like he needs butter on his hands.

hahaha

CoMoChief
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
That's like saying we should sign Ryan Leaf because he's well rested and his body hasn't taken a beating.

Red Beans
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Whatever degree farm churned out the piece of paper he used to get a gig as a sportswriter should take it fucking back. What a bunch of horse shit. This kind of thing belongs in The Sun or some other rag whose headlines scream about aliens and fat women who eat their children.

BarrySPAMAID
05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
He is not even a fan of this football team. Clark Hunt does NOT like him. His credentials were stripped last year because of his tendencies, and furthermore, to my knowledge, he still hasn't gotten them back. (Pete Morris would be wise to keep him away from #1 Arrowhead Drive )

All Nick Athan does is feed the masses. He feeds them what they "think" they want to hear. And it's laced with Doom and Gloom about the franchise. He doesn't like Scott Pioli, and he is not even a fan of this football team anymore.

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 10:58 AM
He is not even a fan of this football team. Clark Hunt does NOT like him. His credentials were stripped last year because of his tendencies, and furthermore, to my knowledge, he still hasn't gotten them back. (Pete Morris would be wise to keep him away from #1 Arrowhead Drive )

All Nick "Assclown" Athan does is feed the masses. He feeds them what they "think" they want to hear. And it's laced with Doom and Gloom about the franchise. He doesn't like Scott Pioli, and he is not even a fan of this football team anymore.

Send him an application to become a Jets fan. There are several members here that have already submitted theirs.

ChiefMojo
05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
If I could face palm through the screen I would.

Wasted freaking sperm!!! Should have crusted to the side of his fathers bedroom floor.

I was about to say, the guy has no credentials with the Chiefs and his butt boys Carl and Herm are gone.

Saleenman607
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
and the cow jumped over the moon

Art Vader
05-07-2010, 11:12 AM
For real?? ROFL

the Talking Can
Nick athan is...

i've run out of ways to describe what an illiterate fuktard clown he is....

people PAY for the opportunity to read his words...

yeah, that Marcus Allen/ Russell comparison is spot on....why wasn't his mom killed before she could birth him?

Chiefs Rool
you always want to take a #1 pick overall that gets released and see if you can turn him around. But that has never worked. Ever.

the Talking Can
05-07-2010, 11:13 AM

i hope I'm the one that kills them

Sure-Oz
05-07-2010, 11:16 AM
he clearly fits the profile do it carl err

boogblaster
05-07-2010, 11:16 AM
WFT is that stupid SOB smoking ...

Epic Fail 007
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
lol ur high nick/he is very lazy,he would not even study his playbook/2 lazy to take the time to get better

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Not anymore.

i noticed you were history over at WPI. Too bad you got fired.

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
i noticed you were history over at WPI. Too bad you got fired.

I didn't get fired.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I didn't get fired.

ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkk

HotRoute
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
this guy is outta the league, no doubt in my mind. he has no drive, no determination and a crappy work ethic. he might get signed by another team as a third string QB but his bad ways are set in and he likely wont ever change. im just afraid that the raider's might actually be on the upswing now with a halfway decent draft and getting rid of the cancer of their locker room. I still think they will be a very beatable team though

HotRoute
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
i really wouldnt be surprised if he went to the bengals, he would fit in nicely there

Stevie.Wonder
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Can his fat be reduced to flavor vegetables and greens?

Gonzo
05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I didn't get fired.
Don't make us pry it out of you dude. Wha happen?
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Don't make us pry it out of you dude. Wha happen?
Posted via Mobile Device

I decided to take a vacation from WPI.

Gonzo
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM

1st: is this permanent?
2nd: if so, is this a good thing?
3rd: WPI sucks
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
05-07-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm just in awe that this dipshit gets paid to write. I hope Denver takes a flyer on Russell.

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 11:38 AM
1st: is this permanent?
2nd: if so, is this a good thing?
3rd: WPI sucks
Posted via Mobile Device

1. It could be.

2. Judging by the quality of the articles, no.

Gonzo
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
1. It could be.

Well, hope everything works out for you. Say fuck it and start your own site and only charge 29.99 for the "premium content" such as this fine article. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrySPAMAID
05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
1. It could be.

If it is, I will be doing cartwheels.

I hate to say it bro, but Nick has lost his edge. He's not the fan he once was, and that site sucks. It's no wonder I was booted from that place. ( By Nick )

He booted me because I kept pissing off his "paying" members. I don't feel I was intentionally pissing off his paying members, but some of these fucking trolls needed to be put in their place.

Your videos ARE the best on the net Clay, and I love sharing your work. I know we will never agree on everything that is Chiefs, but I know this:

You are a fan of this football team. And that's what matters to me. Especially when I decide to read something "Chiefs" related.

I think this is a good thing, and I will cross my fingers and hope that it's permanent.

Sure-Oz
05-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Nick had an edge?

banyon
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
We should sign Russell to do what for us exactly?

Make sure none of our catered meals are left unfinished?

HotRoute
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
i mean seriously who would actually take a chance on this guy in the NFL ????

HotRoute
05-07-2010, 12:15 PM
its true our QB situation isnt exactly that great but signing russell wouldnt make it any better

dirk digler
05-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Why?

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Why?

we're all waiting....

DJ's left nut
05-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Sadly, it piqued my interest for a moment.

I thought "Maybe getting shitcanned will wake him up and he could become someone worth taking a chance on. Physically he's quite gifted if he weren't a fat shit. Maybe he'll be dedicated to the game and can rebound..."

The coulds lifted quickly and I realized how stupid that entire thought process was.

Then I realized that this is the depths to which Matt Cassel has sent me.

Shit.

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Sadly, it piqued my interest for a moment.

I thought "Maybe getting shitcanned will wake him up and he could become someone worth taking a chance on. Physically he's quite gifted if he weren't a fat shit. Maybe he'll be dedicated to the game and can rebound..."

The coulds lifted quickly and I realized how stupid that entire thought process was.

Then I realized that this is the depths to which Matt Cassel has sent me.

Shit.

It's not that bad. Just think of how fun it would be to watch Haley scream at his chunky ass....the look on his face would be priceless.

JaFatass would send Haley to his grave.

DTLB58
05-07-2010, 01:09 PM
His two wins at Arrowhead were against
the Chiefs defense dumbass! That's why
he won!

He is lazy and uninspired and now walking
around with $40 million in his pockets.
Do you really think he is going to get motivated
to get the crap beat out of him in the NFL?

DTLB58
05-07-2010, 01:12 PM

Now your just being an attention whore.

salame
05-07-2010, 01:14 PM
i mean seriously who would actually take a chance on this guy in the NFL ????

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2008/11/large_1199993676_1744.jpg

CosmicPal
05-07-2010, 01:15 PM
If he comes cheap, give him a shot and put him on the bench for a couple of years.

He'd never last through Haley's military-style training camp, but if he does, he loses the weight, gets into top shape, and is drilled in the head with the plays and improving his overall skills. The guy is supposed to be loaded with talent. A couple of years of maintaining his weight and agility and learning and watching and he just might pan out to be something in a couple of years.

salame
05-07-2010, 01:17 PM
He did make Dwayne Bowe look good guys

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
he won!

did you see the bling he wears? surely he doesn't have much money left....

the Talking Can
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
i wish lawrence taylor had raped nick athan

bowener
05-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Maybe the Vikings can sign him, then they will have a new mascot to show at the LA Stadium in 2 years. The LA Yetis!

I know, I know, FAIL. :(

Flachief58
05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
I say bring him in! As a janitor..... Maybe if we make the football out of twinkies we can have him waddle upfield for those 3rd & short situations :arrow:

The Bad Guy
05-07-2010, 02:29 PM

Way to finally smarten up.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
If it is, I will be doing cartwheels.

I hate to say it bro, but Nick has lost his edge. He's not the fan he once was, and that site sucks. It's no wonder I was booted from that place. ( By Nick )

He booted me because I kept pissing off his "paying" members. I don't feel I was intentionally pissing off his paying members, but some of these ****ing trolls needed to be put in their place.

Your videos ARE the best on the net Clay, and I love sharing your work. I know we will never agree on everything that is Chiefs, but I know this:

You are a fan of this football team. And that's what matters to me. Especially when I decide to read something "Chiefs" related.

I think this is a good thing, and I will cross my fingers and hope that it's permanent.

Nick was never shit to begin with.

He's been a documented liar who scams people for the 10 years I've known of him. I know for a fact he makes up stories from the time I worked with him on a website.

He's a carnival worker trying to play journalist.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Anyone advocating for the Chiefs to sign FatMarcus is out of touch with reality.

The guy is lazy, has shit mechanics, doesn't really understand the game.

He has a big arm. Big fucking deal.

morphius
05-07-2010, 02:43 PM
someone needs to slap some sense into that boy, did he even partially convince himself that the Chiefs should do this while writing this?

LaChapelle
05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
I bet Seabass beat up on JaMarcus in the parking lot everyday
and he just ate his blues away

Ugly Duck
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I applaud Nick's football acumen, and I spit upon the ignorance of you Chiefs fans that won't even consider giving young Mr. Russell another chance. The problem wasn't Russell, it was Al Davis. When Al negotiated that contract with #1, he tried to include a forfeiture clause that would reduce guaranteed monies based upon performance. That caused #1 to hold out late into his rookie season until finally Al caved. The attempt at a forfeiture clause made #1 feel like Al didn't trust him, and that's the reason he was not motivated. If the Chiefs were to sign Russell without trying to base pay on performance, Russell would play like a new man. He would feel loved. It'll be the single biggest mistake of the Chiefs org if they don't sign Russell. Take the opportunity NOW!!

Chiefs Rool
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I think the Chiefs should sign him up, just for the 0.012% chance that he has a re-awakening and decides to become a great QB in the NFL and live up to his draft selection. It would be sooooo sweet to run that in the faiders faces for years to come.

keg in kc
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Good ol' Nick, always there for a laugh.

Hog Farmer
05-07-2010, 03:16 PM
he won!

He'll be out of the league and in Bankruptcy before we all die in 2012.

Hog Farmer
05-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I think the Chiefs should sign him up, just for the 0.012% chance that he has a re-awakening and decides to become a great QB in the NFL and live up to his draft selection. It would be sooooo sweet to run that in the faiders faces for years to come.

We could make him a tight end and just point at Big Al and say haha!

chiefsnorth
05-07-2010, 03:26 PM
There is no fixing someone with no heart. Simple as that.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRock
05-07-2010, 03:59 PM
edit: nevermind, there's another thread I missed.

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I applaud Nick's football acumen, and I spit upon the ignorance of you Chiefs fans that won't even consider giving young Mr. Russell another chance. The problem wasn't Russell, it was Al Davis. When Al negotiated that contract with #1, he tried to include a forfeiture clause that would reduce guaranteed monies based upon performance. That caused #1 to hold out late into his rookie season until finally Al caved. The attempt at a forfeiture clause made #1 feel like Al didn't trust him, and that's the reason he was not motivated. If the Chiefs were to sign Russell without trying to base pay on performance, Russell would play like a new man. He would feel loved. It'll be the single biggest mistake of the Chiefs org if they don't sign Russell. Take the opportunity NOW!!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/43/i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

KCtotheSB
05-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Well....I was THIS close to putting down the money for a WPI subscription but now.....jeez.....I dunno.

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Well....I was THIS close to putting down the money for a WPI subscription but now.....jeez.....I dunno.

you can give it to me if you like... i'll fill in for nick and crap on your computer screen...

deal?

Deberg_1990
05-07-2010, 04:23 PM
:facepalm:

good grief, i dont even know where to begin??

People pay for this crap?? really?? really??

DaWolf
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Just read this (free) article and you'll understand why Pioli and Haley would never even consider signing this guy, considering they are only looking for football players whose main passion in life is football...

Lack of Desire Brings End to Russell's Career in Oakland (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/05/07/russell/index.html?eref=sihp)

Said one league source with first-hand knowledge of Russell's tenure in Oakland: "He just refused to work at it. That sums up the whole thing. He was in love with the idea of being a wealthy young guy, but he has no drive to be a great quarterback. He's a young guy who came into a lot of money and notoriety by virtue of being the No. 1 pick. But in that situation, unless you have that special motivation, what's the point of working hard? If you already have the money, the only thing that keeps you improving is the work ethic.

"[The Raiders] knew the question about his self-motivation going into the 2007 draft. They gambled, and they lost. I just think he doesn't really want to be an NFL player. He was a great college football player, but he didn't want it in the NFL. If he keeps playing now, he plays only out of boredom. And even Pacman Jones says he's had enough partying and wants to play again. At some point, they all get bored with the other stuff.''

Leagues sources said from start to finish in Oakland, the light never remotely started to come on for Russell as a Raider. His maturity level never ticked upward in a hopeful fashion, and his work habits (or lack thereof) never changed. He wore out something of a path between Oakland and Las Vegas (at least in terms of the flight path), but he flat out refused to wear out much of anything on the practice field or in the weight room. Russell was in love with the lifestyle of being an NFL player, but he was never in love with the game or what it takes to play it.

When I asked a league source what Russell struggled with the most in Oakland, what part of his game, the answer was devastating: "Everything. Every aspect of the position,'' the source said. "If you had a checklist of everything you want your quarterback to do, he chose not to do it. He chose not to study, not to work out, not to be communicative with teammates, not to exhibit leadership, not to get himself into shape. And he struggled with accuracy, with reading defenses, with audibling. They almost had to run a sub-NFL-level offense with him at quarterback. It was that limiting.

"It obviously sucked up a lot of energy from the coaching staff and the management just to get him ready to play every week. Theoretically, you draft a first-round quarterback to help your team. But the Raiders just cut a first-round quarterback to help their team. It's the ultimate addition by subtraction, and you're going to notice a difference in Oakland. [Thursday] might have been a tough day for the rest of the AFC West, because the Raiders just got better.''

Farzin
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
He told Schefter that Shanahan would be a Chief, he says the Chiefs were one of six teams considering Penningten, he thought Favre fitted in KC when he announced his return after the first retirement, he goes on TV with Jack Harry and says there is a 50/50 chance that Herm Edwards returns as head coach, there is a 50/50 chance Brian Waters stays on the team. Now JaMarcus Russell should be signed by the Chiefs.

The more I hear/see his work that receives a lot of negative criticize, the more I understand why he gets made fun of so much by fans and even other media outlets.

Like everyone else, I strongly disagree with this move. I'd rather invest on a starting QB from the CFL, AFL, UFL, etc.

Farzin
05-07-2010, 05:27 PM
One last thing, Cassel and Croyle don't have two wins combined at Arrowhead.

Cassel only had one win, VS Pittsburgh in 2009.

Croyle's only win at Arrowhead was when he showed everyone how to execute a QB kneel VS San Francisco in 2006.

But I don't know if you can count that as 2-0 for Cassel/Croyle combined. It's really 1-0 with Cassel being the only one that won at Arrowhead VS Pittsburgh.

Am I missing something?

BigMeatballDave
05-07-2010, 05:28 PM
He did make Dwayne Bowe look good guysBowe made HIM look good...

sandynme
05-07-2010, 05:39 PM
russell is an ass clown like the fools who ever thought he,d amount to anything resembling an nfl player

warpaint*
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Of all the things we have to worry about this isn't one of them.

Flachief58
05-08-2010, 02:49 PM

good grief, i dont even know where to begin??

People pay for this crap?? really?? really??

That's the kind of hard hitting news people will kill to have the first look at!

Bwana
05-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Wow, no wonder this dumbass has zero credibility.

Baby Lee
05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
So his argument for signing Russel is that he has two wins at Arrowhead? That's fucking brilliant, no wonder everyone hates WPI

That, and the disgruntledness of SB MVP still performing at a high level is fungible with the disgruntledness of a #1 pick who hasn't won jack shit.

Bowser
05-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Nick Should Find a Fire and Die In It - by all of ChiefsPlanet

Halfcan
05-08-2010, 03:45 PM
That has to be the dumbest article I have ever read.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Claythan, one question please:

Has your boss taken up sniffing mercury while simultaneously drinking Lysol as his new hobby?

WTF, dude?

Count Zarth
05-08-2010, 05:26 PM

Has your boss taken up sniffing mercury while simultaneously drinking Lysol as his new hobby?

WTF, dude?

Nick is not my boss.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Nick is not my boss.

I see. Very well.

Ahem;

Has your associate taken up sniffing mercury while simultaneously drinking Lysol as his new hobby?

WTF, dude?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Count Zarth
05-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Nick has always written crazy shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Nick has always written crazy shit.

Okay, but...I mean...this one in particular smacks of "take me to the funny farm asap, and do not stop for 'Skittles', if you know what I mean.

Count Zarth
05-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Okay, but...I mean...this one in particular smacks of "take me to the funny farm asap, and do not stop for 'Skittles', if you know what I mean.

Oh, not really.

http://kan.scout.com/2/769273.html

Favre fits in KC

As the chess game begins between the Green Bay Packers and quarterback Brett Favre, itís clear that one way or another the future Hall of Famer will don a different jersey in 2008. I can think of 31 teams that could use Favre. One of them should be the Kansas City Chiefs.

In the spring of 1993 the Chiefs, at the tail end of Carl Petersonís initial five-year plan, found a way to lure quarterback Joe Montana away from San Francisco. After some tense negotiations between Peterson, Montanaís agent, and the get-him-at-any-cost former owner of the Arizona Cardinals, Bill Bidwill, the Chiefs and 49ers struck a deal.

Montana had two franchises after his services, and it proved to be just the leverage he needed to force a trade from San Francisco. The deal was also an example of Petersonís negotiating ability, as he convinced Montana that he would not be held hostage with a contract that didnít fit KCís salary cap.

In the end, the 49ers wrangled a first-round draft pick away from the Chiefs and everyone was happy. Kansas City benefited from Montana Magic as he led them to the AFC Championship in his first season. In fact, the team hasnít won a playoff game since Montana wore the red and gold.

Now the Chiefs have an opportunity to land Favre. Dťjŗ vu? Perhaps, but the question now is this:

Will Kansas City abandon their youth movement to grab a player whoís capable of delivering a division title, a return to the playoffs, and perhaps more?

Anyone who witnessed Favreís game a year ago at Arrowhead knows he still has a rocket arm. The veteran had the Packers within reach of the Super Bowl last season despite the fact Green Bayís offense wasnít laden with All-Pro talent. They had an average offensive line and a poor running game for much of the season. Fortunately, Favre had a pair of capable wide receivers who could run both crossing patterns and deep routes. The fact that Favre was so successful with those less-than-spectacular elements was enough to convince me that his retirement earlier this offseason might be short-lived.

Right now the Chiefs are a few weeks away from jetting off to River Falls, to begin what I hope is their last training camp in Wisconsin. They are now seven months into their offseason plan of implementing a long-overdue youth movement.

That includes third-year quarterback Brodie Croyle (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3698850), and both head coach Herm Edwards and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey are firmly entrenched in his camp. For the record, so am I. There is absolutely no doubt that Croyle has the goods to be a solid quarterback in this league.

But the opportunity to work out a trade with the Packers to land Farvre as a teacher and mentor for Croyle might just be worth the loss of a first-day draft pick in 2009. That goes against the current plan in Kansas City, but even a near-40 quarterback like Favre can bring something to the Chiefs.

Packers management isnít all that interested in playing their hand at the moment, but letís be honest - theyíll deal Favre as long as he doesnít go to the Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings or Chicago Bears. Itís a good bet all of those teams would give up their top draft pick next season to land Favre.

Packers general manager Ted Thompson isnít an idiot, either. The way heís built his team the last three years, with outstanding draft classes from top to bottom, should indeed be the model for every NFL team to follow.

However, heís in a losing battle on his position with Favre, because the quarterback is the Green Bay Packers. Heís as influential and important to the fan base as Vince Lombardi was to the face of the franchise in the 1960s. Right now Favre might be even bigger than Lombardi was.

The Packers are in a no-win situation because Favreís desire to return indicates he either believes he can still play at a Pro Bowl level or he wants to collect the final two years of his mega-contract that will earn him nearly $40 million. Though the Packers could easily absorb the cap hit by keeping him on the active roster, theyíre still playing with fire.

The team has put their faith in young quarterback Aaron Rodgers (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3641936). When he throws his first interception this preseason, fans will boo him Ė wrongly, I might add Ė and theyíll start chanting for their hero, Favre, to replace him. Itís totally unfair, but itís as inevitable as gas prices reaching $5.00 per gallon in September.

The Chiefs, meanwhile, really donít need Favre. Heíd be a luxury, however, one the team can afford with their plentiful salary cap space. It would also be great PR for a team many believe will finish last in the AFC West this season. The media attention would be 10 times what it was for the Chiefs during the Montana era. Thatís good for business, especially when youíre in the midst of rebuilding a stadium.

If the Chiefs acquired Favre, Croyle would wind up in the same spot Rodgers was in Green Bay over the last couple of seasons. Iím not sure how Croyle would handle having Favre on the team.

Initially, I imagine heíd embrace it, because heís a professional and when you come from a quarterback lineage of Bart Starr, Joe Namath and Kenny Stabler at Alabama, another legend isnít going to faze you.

Would adding Favre stunt Croyleís development? Maybe so. Thatís the risk the Chiefs have to take if theyíre willing to enter trade talks with Green Bay.

But realistically, playing for the Chiefs wonít likely be Favreís first choice. He wants to play for the Miami Dolphins or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But that might not be his call, and the Packers would be smart to ship him to an AFC team that wonít appear on their schedule this year or next.

That leaves a remote chance that the Chiefs could have a serious shot at Favre. If they do make a run at him, it would certainly make for an interesting three weeks in River Falls. Like last year with HBO's Hard Knocks, it would once again put the Chiefs at the forefront of NFL coverage before the season kicks off in New England.

Pioli Zombie
05-08-2010, 06:12 PM
"You can't win a Super Bowl without a QB drafted in the 1st round"
- Drafturbators

-King-
05-08-2010, 09:25 PM
GoChiefs, you finally saw the light and stopped working with Athan...or what?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
05-08-2010, 09:34 PM
"You can't win a Super Bowl without a QB drafted in the 1st round"
- Drafturbators

yeah, look how much better we were than the raiders....drafting Russel set them back 20 years....meanwhile we've proven you don't need a first round QB to win a supe.....err.........

Count Zarth
05-08-2010, 09:45 PM
GoChiefs, you finally saw the light and stopped working with Athan...or what?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's really nobody's business but my own.

the Talking Can
05-08-2010, 09:48 PM
It's really nobody's business but my own.

ROFL

i bet he screwed you just like he screwed phobia

or better yet, some dumbfuck stabbed you in the back and took your job just like you did to phobia....

Count Zarth
05-08-2010, 09:56 PM
ROFL

or better yet, some dumbfuck stabbed you in the back and took your job just like you did to phobia....

Just to clear up stupid bullshit that has resulted from this:

1. Nobody stabbed me in the back. No one has replaced me, either. I left of my own accord.

2. I didn't take Phil's job. I didn't stab him in the back. We had distinctly separate jobs. He can verify all of that.

3. I didn't get screwed. I still consider Nick a close friend. He does write some crazy things from time to time, though.

Over-Head
05-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I see. Very well.

Ahem;

Has your associate taken up sniffing mercury while simultaneously drinking Lysol as his new hobby?

WTF, dude?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
This has got to be one of the funniest things I ever read on this board.
ROFLROFLROFL

Over-Head
05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
ROFL

or better yet, some dumb**** stabbed you in the back and took your job just like you did to phobia..and don't forget welching on an UNPAID debt to the 37forever foundation...
FYP...but I ain't gonna bring that one up again :rolleyes:

Fruit Ninja
05-08-2010, 11:35 PM
lol. Terrible fuckiing article. a few days late, but there is no way on gods green earth that he lasts with Haley berating him and his weight. lol.

Hell, maybe it would be fun to see that shit? just for the lulz.