PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eric Berry debate article

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/968525.html

Over the next two weeks, we’ll dissect the impact of the Chiefs draft picks and the top un-drafted free agents the team signed that may or may not help the Chiefs win more games in 2010. First up Tennessee Safety Eric Berry.

Josh Scotten (Point):

When former Tennessee defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin converted Berry to a more prototypical safety when he revamped the Volunteer defense, however Berry’s numbers dropped significantly after the conversion. Even with the help of one of the best front sevens in college football last season which included big Dan Williams, who was drafted 26th overall in last months draft, Berry’s numbers plummeted from a combined 12 int. his first two seasons to only two in his final frame as a Volunteer.

With the Chiefs boasting one of the NFL’s most forgettable defensive lines a year ago, which often left its defensive backs on islands for longer stints than Gilligan and his crew, this could pose a significant problem for the much revered young safety.

Although often referred to as one of the most athletic safeties to ever come out of college football, Berry’s athleticism could potentially be a hindrance to his success.

With Berry’s ability to stuff the run, sometimes he bites too soon and that makes him susceptible to play action passes. You add to this a propensity to shoulder tackle instead of wrapping up oncoming ball carriers, he starts to resemble a few former Chiefs, Dexter McCleon and Bernard Pollard.

New Chiefs Defensive Coordinator, Romeo Crennel may be able to solve what could be simple mental errors. But when you factor Berry’s flaws they could potentially thwart Berry’s overall success.

The safety position requires raw instinct and unflappable reaction time. If he’s ever feels overloaded, that could result in sluggish play and another early first round blunder by the Kansas City Chiefs.

Nicholas Athan (Counterpoint):

There were plenty of people who were thorwn off the scent about the Chiefs interest in Berry. I was one of them. I never thought drafting, arguably the best safety to come out of any NFL draft the last ten years, was worthy of the fifth overall pick. But since he was drafted, I changed my mind.

After speaking with numerous people in Tennessee about Berry, the only flaw I could find is that he loves to eat at <chick fil="" a’=""></chick>. I’m not a fan of fried foods because I think they are bad for you overall health.

But if that’s the worst thing that he brings to the Chiefs, I can live with it.

Seriously, there are certainly issues with his game. But the biggest hurdle he has to overcome in Kansas City is really out of his control. If the front seven of the Chiefs plays as poorly as it did a year ago, Berry could be the second coming of Superman, and he won’t impact this defense.

However, because of his talent, Berry could overcome the shortcomings in front of him. He’s smart, studies game films and might be the most prepared college player in the last five years who has the chops to be an NFL ready play-making machine.

What he has that NO other college prospects has right now is an unwavering confidence that won’t change even if he makes a mistake on the field. In basketball terms, he’d be called a floor leader.

I don’t think Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli would have taken Berry after he whiffed on Tyson Jackson last year. It seems this time that the Chiefs did their homework and Berry could have an impact on this defense that we’ve not seen around these parts since the late Derrick Thomas.

booyaf2
05-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Where does he eat that is so bad?

Sofa King
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
i didn't bother making a thread about this one, because i wouldn't have been able to copy paste it either... but it's terrible as well..

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 10:46 AM
People actually pay for this shit?

I don't believe it. Those poor, poor souls.

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 10:49 AM
It's not even a debate....it's retarded and I feel robbed of my time.

CaliforniaChief
05-07-2010, 10:51 AM
People actually pay for this shit?

I don't believe it. Those poor, poor souls.

It actually gives hope to any person out there who is having a hard time making ends meet. To know that people pay this guy for that kind of stuff tells you that people will buy anything.

DA_T_84
05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
http://kan.scout.com/2/968525.html
I don’t think Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli would have taken Berry after he whiffed on Tyson Jackson last year. It seems this time that the Chiefs did their homework and Berry could have an impact on this defense that we’ve not seen around these parts since the late Derrick Thomas.

Someone please explain this sentence to me. Try reading it out loud.

He either
A). Used multiple tenses in the same sentence
B). Omitted the words "unless (reasoning)"
C). I really don't know. This sentence is a cluster**** of confusion.

-King-
05-07-2010, 10:54 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL Athan needs to donate his brain for medical research.
Posted via Mobile Device

Detoxing
05-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Why? They wouldn't learn anything from it that they couldn't learn from a retarded monkey.

Fat Elvis
05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
ytgnhb n yb 7 bgtfv mnhuyj nm xvc mnuhy,0o nbhnm bnny

ChiefMojo
05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Someone hold me!

Fat Elvis
05-07-2010, 11:09 AM
ytgnhb n yb 7 bgtfv mnhuyj nm xvc mnuhy,0o nbhnm bnny

This is the journalism I created by literally banging my head against my keyboard. I believe it is of higher quality than the drivel one finds at WPI.

the Talking Can
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
why do we put up with this spam?

people that stupid should be hunted and exterminated

"he eats fried foods....."

$99.99 a month!

i cut my penis off if i woke one day and realized I was his employee

Saleenman607
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
This is the journalism I created by literally banging my head against my keyboard. I believe it is of higher quality than the drivel one finds at WPI.

LMAO LMAO That's some funny shizznit right there

boogblaster
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
WPI deserves that dumb-bastard ...

Brock
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
God, what garbage.

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 11:19 AM
why do we put up with this spam?

It's not spam. I don't work for WPI.

Chiefnj2
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
"Even with the help of one of the best front sevens in college football last season ..."

One of the best front 7's in football??

In terms of rushing yards per game Tennessee was 65th in the nation. Average yards per carry they were 77th in the nation. 63rd in the nation in tackles for a loss. That's one of the best front seven's in the country?? Which country, Somalia??

Well, maybe they weren't good against the run, but they could get to the QB, right? Ahhh, nope. Wrong again, WPI - Tennessee was tied with such defensive powerhouses as Notre Dame and Toledo with only 20 sacks on the year, or 84th in the nation.

In conclusion, WPI sucks more than Tennessee's front 7.

King_Chief_Fan
05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

that brain hasn't been used....

the Talking Can
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I don’t think Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli would have taken Berry after he whiffed on Tyson Jackson last year.

read that....read it again...pull out your red pen

the Talking Can
05-07-2010, 11:21 AM
After speaking with numerous people in Tennessee about Berry, the only flaw I could find is that he loves to eat at . I’m not a fan of fried foods because I think they are bad for you overall health.

$99.99 a month

Otter
05-07-2010, 11:22 AM
You're a glutton for punishment GoChiefs.

HotRoute
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
It's not even a debate....it's retarded and I feel robbed of my time.

exactly . .. . . . :harumph:

sedated
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
doesn't that place have editors? jesus, it looks like an essay from a special needs child.

Fish
05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I also like to eat at .

Zeke
05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
I read it a second time thinking my comprehension had been left at the nightstand this morning.

Now I feel like an idiot for having read that "article" twice.

Fish
What he has that NO other college prospects has right now is an unwavering confidence that won’t change even if he makes a mistake on the field.

:facepalm:

JASONSAUTO
I also like to eat at .

so you are one of the guys who does more than have vaginal intercourse with your SO at that "time"?

Hog Farmer
05-07-2010, 11:48 AM
"Even with the help of one of the best front sevens in college football last season ..."

One of the best front 7's in football??

In terms of rushing yards per game Tennessee was 65th in the nation. Average yards per carry they were 77th in the nation. 63rd in the nation in tackles for a loss. That's one of the best front seven's in the country?? Which country, Somalia??

Well, maybe they weren't good against the run, but they could get to the QB, right? Ahhh, nope. Wrong again, WPI - Tennessee was tied with such defensive powerhouses as Notre Dame and Toledo with only 20 sacks on the year, or 84th in the nation.

In conclusion, WPI sucks more than Tennessee's front 7.

ROFL True this!

the Talking Can
05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
After speaking with numerous people in Tennessee about Berry, the only flaw I could find is that he loves to eat at .

$99.99 a month

-King-
05-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't thunk this was that bad of an article. I written it using the vast knowledge my insiders have gave me. I know tons about Tennessee's defense and Eric Berry at. I didn't understood why you guys didn't liked my articles so much. Its was well worth the $109. I have'st exposed Berrys flaw; fatty foods. Next week, I was write about Darren McLuster's fatal flaw: he skips the top holes when lacing his shoes!!!! Subscribe now! Only $109

-Sincerely Nicholas Athan.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
05-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Where the !@#$ was the debate?

Better still, what exactly was the 'point' to which the 'counterpoint' was addressed?

That was garbage. All involved, including Claythan, should kill themselves.

brorth
05-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I also like to eat at .

Maybe it's some hip new slang for the Dotte? Maybe he means that he likes to eat at Wyandot BBQ?

brorth
05-07-2010, 01:02 PM
It's not spam. I don't work for WPI.

Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?

Coogs
05-07-2010, 01:07 PM
There were plenty of people who were thorwn off the scent about the Chiefs interest in Berry.

Not here at the Planet. We were not "thorwn" off at all.

Count Zarth
05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
That was garbage. All involved, including Claythan, should kill themselves.

I'm not involved. I'm innocent.

Ebolapox
05-07-2010, 04:22 PM

then don't post the ignorant shit. it made a bit of sense when you were on the take, but you aren't any more. what's your fucking excuse this time?

Pants
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
LMAO @ this thread. Holy shit.

SNR
05-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Please to subscribe to Warpiant Illustrated for $99.99 at.

Fritz88
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
English language was raped on that article.

DJ's left nut
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM

You posted it.

I honestly forgot about the WPI connection -- you subjected us to this tripe and should be thrown into a burning AIDS tree.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Quite possibly the biggest piece of shit article ever written. Honestly, my 9 month old could scribble on a paper and it would make more sense.

If anyone clicks that link and gives that scumbag more hits I hope they get crabs.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Monte Kiffin calls Berry a surefire star in the NFL. Monte Kiffin's testicle hair knows more about the NFL than these 2 fucking wastes of sperm.

WhitiE
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I read it a second time thinking my comprehension had been left at the nightstand this morning.

Now I feel like an idiot for having read that "article" twice.

wow that made me laugh....

Mr. Laz
05-07-2010, 04:57 PM
You're a glutton for punishment GoChiefs.
actually i believe Gochiefs is posting this to mock Athan since he doesn't work for him anymore.

shitgoose
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
I have farts that are more comprehendible than that article

DJ's left nut
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Point:

actually i believe Gochiefs is posting this to mock Athan since he doesn't work for him anymore.

Counterpoint (DJLN):

Whereas I believe that GoChiefs does not work for Athan anymore and is therefore more prone to mocking him where he once might not have been. (please imagine that this was even less intelligible than I just made it).

DA_T_84
05-07-2010, 05:35 PM
Can " at . " be a new thing around here? I laughed really, really hard at whoever typed "$99 at ."

In fact, I'm going back to rep him now.

Mr. Laz
05-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Point:

Counterpoint (DJLN):

Whereas I believe that GoChiefs does not work for Athan anymore and is therefore more prone to mocking him where he once might not have been. (please imagine that this was even less intelligible than I just made it).Point

Gochiefs posting this while he is on "Vacation" to try and prove his value in the editing dept over and WPI and quietly hoping that Athan looks worse than usual and asks Gochiefs to come back ... probably with some kind of compensation adjustment.

DA_T_84
05-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Please to subscribe to Warpiant Illustrated for $99.99 at.

It was SNR. Rep to you sir.

LaChapelle
05-07-2010, 06:22 PM
You know how Carl Peterson would demand all players give to charity
I believe he gave Athan(from a sheltered workshop) a press pass as his charity

Pablo
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
This is the sloppiest pile of hog-shit I've ever tried to make sense of.

Jesus tits, hire a goddamn editor worth a shit.