PDA

View Full Version : Life Update on my journey with Chemo and Crohn's

Gracie Dean
05-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I have had 5 rounds so far. Next round is in 2 weeks. For the moment, it seems that the chemical route is working. I have gained 20 lbs back. I lost almost 50 Nov/Dec. I am back to a healthy 115 and just this week have had less pain since last July.

It has been happening slowly and I didn't really even notice until one of my students today commented that "I was back"

I looped with the students this year so they got to know me and my style last year before I got sick. To hear this today made me feel great. I didn't even realize that I was different aside from pain/fatigue.

His comment today made me stop and think and then thank God for this upturn.

Also, thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.

The Bad Guy
05-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Best of luck in your complete recovery. I'm happy you are doing well.

Continue to keep your head up.

ArrowheadHawk
05-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Keep on truckin' :thumb:

TrebMaxx
05-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Keep on keeping on!

GoTrav
05-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Nice work, keep at getting better!

Mr. Kotter
05-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Pammy, hang in there. Keep fightin' the good fight.

You are blessed. Stay positive. Keep fightin'. God is good; and right, even when we may not understand.

Best wishes for continuing recovery and good health.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Be well.

Chiefs=Good
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Good luck!

bevischief
05-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Keep on truckin!

RedNFeisty
05-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear you have been ill. Glad to hear it is getting better. As for your pain and needed weight gain, may I make a suggestion? I did a research paper last semester on Medical Marijuana (MM), I would be happy to send you a copy of all my research, it stated that MM was found to help people with Crohn's disease, plus we all know it helps with food intake. I was amazed at how MM fights cancerous cells and leaves the healthy cells alone.

HemiEd
05-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Keep the fight, all the best to you! Lil Sis went through that a few years ago, and she is living a happy healthy life now.

I think, either she hides it real well, or it has gone into remission from those meds. I hope the very same happens for you real soon.

CrazyHorse
05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I have had 5 rounds so far. Next round is in 2 weeks. For the moment, it seems that the chemical route is working. I have gained 20 lbs back. I lost almost 50 Nov/Dec. I am back to a healthy 115 and just this week have had less pain since last July.

It has been happening slowly and I didn't really even notice until one of my students today commented that "I was back"

I looped with the students this year so they got to know me and my style last year before I got sick. To hear this today made me feel great. I didn't even realize that I was different aside from pain/fatigue.

Now you're speaking my language. Keep it up. Great to hear.

irishjayhawk
05-08-2010, 09:14 AM
When you say Chemo are you talking actual Chemo or Remicade(-like) drugs?

I have Crohn's and Remicade has thus far done it's job. That and a surgery to remove a stricture.

wazu
05-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Very glad to hear, Pam.

cdcox
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Good news, Pam. Keep it up!

Frazod
05-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Glad to hear things are going well, Pam. :thumb:

Gracie Dean
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
thanks all

Fritz88
05-08-2010, 04:18 PM
keep it up. you are in our thoughts :)

Gracie Dean
05-08-2010, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear you have been ill. Glad to hear it is getting better. As for your pain and needed weight gain, may I make a suggestion? I did a research paper last semester on Medical Marijuana (MM), I would be happy to send you a copy of all my research, it stated that MM was found to help people with Crohn's disease, plus we all know it helps with food intake. I was amazed at how MM fights cancerous cells and leaves the healthy cells alone.

I am very much interested in that paper. I am really scared of the chemo and of the day when it stops working...I believe it has kept me out of the hospital. I was in the hospital in July/Aug and then again Nov/Dec.

This month will be my first FULL paycheck since November.

RedNFeisty
05-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I am very much interested in that paper. I am really scared of the chemo and of the day when it stops working...I believe it has kept me out of the hospital. I was in the hospital in July/Aug and then again Nov/Dec.

This month will be my first FULL paycheck since November.

Will do! I have to figure out which flash drive I have it on!! Remind me if I don't have it to you tomorrow!! One place to check out is Wikipedia, then ProCon.org and search Medical Marijuana. Those are the two places my research started.

Hopefully, this is the start of a healthy streak for you!

Gracie Dean
05-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Will do! I have to figure out which flash drive I have it on!! Remind me if I don't have it to you tomorrow!! One place to check out is Wikipedia, then ProCon.org and search Medical Marijuana. Those are the two places my research started.

Hopefully, this is the start of a healthy streak for you!

Thanks. Good to see you back

BIG K
05-08-2010, 10:28 PM

Geez, I missed all of this somehow. Starting today, my family will keep you in our prayers.

Gracie Dean
05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Geez, I missed all of this somehow. Starting today, my family will keep you in our prayers.

thank you. Prayers seem to be working well

soopamanluva
05-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Just keep on keeping on

soopamanluva
05-09-2010, 08:02 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_p3M6_wS0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a_p3M6_wS0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>