PDA

View Full Version : Football Colts could be interested in Russel

Hog Farmer
05-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Colts | Interested in JaMarcus Russell?
Comment (0)
Sat, 08 May 2010 07:58:40 -0400

The Indianapolis Colts could be interested in free-agent QB JaMarcus Russell (Raiders), according to CBSSports.com. The Colts, however, have not commented regarding any potential interest in Russell.

This could possibly make them the first team ever with the smartest QB in the league and the dumbest QB in the league on the roster.

Bane
05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
W.......T.....F?

CrazyPhuD
05-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Now we know why they cut lilja.

mcaj22
05-08-2010, 02:55 PM
This seems like something the Colts would do just to prove that they can turn even the shittiest turd into something serviceable.

ChiefsCountry
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Low cost, could be high reward. Say Manning gets hurt, Turd plays well. Some dumb ass team like the Chiefs did last year over pay in a draft pick for a shitty player. Colts win.

LaChapelle
05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
That Samie Parker move worked out well for 'em

FD
05-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Their interior D-line could use another big body. Makes sense.

LetsSignRussell
05-08-2010, 03:22 PM
THE BETTER NOT TRY AND FUCKIN SIGN HIM

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Low cost, could be high reward. Say Manning gets hurt, Turd plays well. Some dumb ass team like the Chiefs did last year over pay in a draft pick for a shitty player. Colts win.
Good point but I don't think that's their thought process here.
1st off, when was the last time Manning missed a snap due to injury?
2nd, why would they burn a roster spot on a highly unlikely scenario such as this?

Or were you being sarcastic?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pink Paradise 2010
05-08-2010, 03:52 PM
LMAOLMAOROFLLMAOROFL:shake: ........ MISTAKE IN THE FUTURE!!!

ChiefsCountry
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Good point but I don't think that's their thought process here.
1st off, when was the last time Manning missed a snap due to injury?
2nd, why would they burn a roster spot on a highly unlikely scenario such as this?

Or were you being sarcastic?
Posted via Mobile Device

Half sarcastic/half real. Cheap, talented head case. Indy isn't a bad spot to land.

Ebolapox
05-08-2010, 04:20 PM
that's his best case scenario. maybe sitting a few years behind peyton can get his head on straight. I doubt it, but you never do know.

Hog Farmer
05-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Peyton is due for a new contract next year. Rumor has it they plan to groom Russelto be his replacement and part ways with Manning after this contract expires.

LaChapelle
05-08-2010, 04:28 PM
JaMarcus Russell fat and lazy gets 39 million
Brodie Croyle has to do 10 months of grueling therapy to play 2 quarters

ChiefGator
05-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Have sarcastic/have real. Cheap, talented head case. Indy isn't a bad spot to land.

Half sarcastic / half real.

I'm not correcting you, just helping translate for anyone else who had to read it five times before they understood it.

j/k, btw...

Gonzo
05-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Peyton is due for a new contract next year. Rumor has it they plan to groom Russelto be his replacement and part ways with Manning after this contract expires.

Highly unlikely that he's not still in a colts uniform in 2015.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog Farmer
05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Highly unlikely that he's not still in a colts uniform in 2015.
Posted via Mobile Device

No! This is a rumor I'm trying to start! shuddup!

I want to hear Laconfora report this!

Ugly Duck
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Rumor has it they plan to groom Russel to be his replacement and part ways with Manning

That not breaking news, Hog. Its all over the web. The only thing that can stop Russell from being the next Indy Star QB is the possibility that the Chiefs may sign him first. You dips laugh at LetsSignRussell, but he's the only one that gets it. Its really a question of what KC fans want... Russell to be the next Manning in Indy, or Russell to be the next Manning in KC.

Mr. Laz
05-08-2010, 05:34 PM
not a bad idea if they can sign him dirt cheap.

teach him for a year and then showcase him in the preseason next year and maybe get some team to give up a draft pick.

The Colts can afford to take a flyer

Claynus
05-08-2010, 05:40 PM
When Manning retires he will be involved in a near-fatal car accident.

The only thing that will survive will be his brain.

And so the greatest quarterback in league history will be born.

mlyonsd
05-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they're short a guard on the OL.

HotRoute
05-08-2010, 05:53 PM
That not breaking news, Hog. Its all over the web. The only thing that can stop Russell from being the next Indy Star QB is the possibility that the Chiefs may sign him first. You dips laugh at LetsSignRussell, but he's the only one that gets it. Its really a question of what KC fans want... Russell to be the next Manning in Indy, or Russell to be the next Manning in KC.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

have you ever watched russel play QB??? just curious, this guy couldnt play as good as manning throwing left handed.

morphius
05-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Sign him for nothing up front, give him a weight expectation, and give him a playbook. If he doesn't know the playbook inside and out before training camp, along with meeting the fitness rule, send him packing.

morphius
05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

have you ever watched russel play QB??? just curious, this guy couldnt play as good as manning throwing left handed.
It's a trap!

Hog Farmer
05-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Sign him for nothing up front, give him a weight expectation, and give him a playbook. If he doesn't know the playbook inside and out before training camp, along with meeting the fitness rule, send him packing.

Ooorrr... we could just go ahead and sign him and trade him to Denver for next years #1 which should be a top 5 pick. MCDumbass and JaFatass were made for each other.

Pushead2
05-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Manning will obviously be doing both of their homework.

splatbass
05-08-2010, 10:00 PM
The guy that passes out the Gatorade left and they are looking for a replacement.

Thig Lyfe
05-08-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't think Russell will ever play QB in the NFL. But I wouldn't be surprised if all these jokes about him changing positions become reality.

Ugly Duck
05-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Manning will obviously be doing both of their homework.

Hey now.... just because Russell didn't learn the playbook doesn't mean he couldn't learn the playbook. He was just peeved because Al Davis tried to tie his pay to his performance. And he held out like a man until the $ would flow even if he sucked. The next team that signs him will be amazed at his brilliance & football acumen. Do not miss out on this chance of a lifetime, Chiefs!

Pushead2
05-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey now.... just because Russell didn't learn the playbook doesn't mean he couldn't learn the playbook. He was just peeved because Al Davis tried to tie his pay to his performance. And he held out like a man until the $ would flow even if he sucked. The next team that signs him will be amazed at his brilliance & football acumen. Do not miss out on this chance of a lifetime, Chiefs!

:eek:

cdcox
05-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think Russell will ever play QB in the NFL. But I wouldn't be surprised if all these jokes about him changing positions become reality.

The guy is cakin' to the tune of $40M and has a reputation for being lazy. He is going to become a fullback playin' for league minimu....what?

Thig Lyfe
05-08-2010, 11:14 PM
The guy is cakin' to the tune of $40M and has a reputation for being lazy. He is going to become a fullback playin' for league minimu....what?

When he's spent that $40M on bacon explosions he'll be willing to do anything for a paycheck.

Over-Head
05-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey now.... just because Russell didn't learn the playbook doesn't mean he couldn't learn the playbook. He was just peeved because Al Davis tried to tie his pay to his performance. And he held out like a man until the $ would flow even if he sucked. The next team that signs him will be amazed at his brilliance & football acumen. Do not miss out on this chance of a lifetime, Chiefs!Jezus Duck, thats sacreligious, even for you to say :shake:
I know were suposed to hate these guys and all,,,but can't we send him to Sandy Eggo, or the Donks instead?
I mean we've both been here almost 10 years now,(sad as that may be to admit) gee wiz they all don't have cooties ya know:thumb:

lostcause
05-09-2010, 01:45 AM
It is sad to think that Jamarcus has more talent than our entire Qb squad put together.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-09-2010, 05:40 AM
It is sad to think that Jamarcus has more talent than our entire Qb squad put together.

Big arm does not equal talent. He's the biggest joke of a QB the league has seen.

patteeu
05-09-2010, 06:00 AM

Why would he want to do that? If he came back as a tight end or something, he'd surely be doing it on a very low dollar contract. Unless he's blown through the $39 mil the Raiders paid him, I can't see him being motivated enough to try to cling to an NFL career by moving to a less glamorous position.

Bane
05-09-2010, 06:04 AM

I know that has to be CP sarcasm.:doh!:IMO JaPorkchop can not play QB at the NFL level for any team.....

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-09-2010, 06:11 AM
[/B]

I know that has to be CP sarcasm.:doh!:IMO JaPorkchop can not play QB at the NFL level for any team.....

I'm sure Knowmo can find us a twatter that says if Russel went to Denver he'd be a supastar learning from McD and getting an attitude adjustment from his new TE Tim Tebow.

Bane
05-09-2010, 06:18 AM
I'm sure Knowmo can find us a twatter that says if Russel went to Denver he'd be a supastar learning from McD and getting an attitude adjustment from his new TE Tim Tebow.

Oh yeah I'm just waiting for it.......:thumb:

boogblaster
05-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Jerkoften belongs in the NFL .. he'd make a good tackling-dummy ....

Ugly Duck
05-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Jezus Duck, thats sacreligious, even for you to say :shake:
I know were suposed to hate these guys and all,,,but can't we send him to Sandy Eggo, or the Donks instead?
I mean we've both been here almost 10 years now,(sad as that may be to admit) gee wiz they all don't have cooties ya know:thumb:

I know... I've grown to leeuv these guys. I just think JRuss would be a great fit for KC. He'd also be a huge boost to either Denver or SD. Just trying to drum up a little fan support from our AFCW brothers for keeping a talented but abused kid in the division. Even Nick Freakin Athan agrees with me.

LaChapelle
05-09-2010, 08:32 AM
As soon as a team is put in LA
Manning will bolt for that place
he will make commercials after practice