PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who is your Chiefs breakout player of 2010?

BossChief
05-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Mine is Andy Studabaker.

I think that by seasons end, he will have taken the starters role and will be making plays left and right.

Who's yours?

Pablo
05-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Dwayne Bowe. God I hope so.

DeezNutz
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
DJ. I really think this is his year. /2008

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:09 AM
glenn dorsey is a canidate.
I could see bowe having a great season if we can put it together on offense. this is his put up or shut up year.
do the rookie count? any of our first five picks could be breakout guys.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
hell, tyson jackson COULD show something. with crennel as coach, he may bring out the monster in ty-jack.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Hopefully, Dorsey or TyJack.

Bowe is what he is already. Decent possession WR, but hes never going to be a deep threat.

Hoover
05-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Tony Moeaki

He's not going to be a Tony Gonzales, but he's going to be a great weapon in the middle of the field.

Param
05-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Matt Cassel

BossChief
05-09-2010, 11:15 AM
BTW here are Andys pro day times if you would like to compare him to anyone that came out the last few years. His times are elite.

http://thefootballexpert.com/interviews/andystudebakerinterview080001.html
6'03.1"
10 1/8 hand
33.5" reach
36.5 vertical jump
10'7" broad jump
10 - 1.59, 1.61
20 - 2.63, 2.65
40 - 4.60, 4.61
20 yd shuttle 4.14
3 cone 6.81
60 shuttle 11.59

I think that the fact that they passed on guys like Misi and Kindle says what they think of our kid.

BossChief
05-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Matt Cassel

I wondered how long that would take. Part of me wants to agree with you, but is still cautious to do so.

I'm pulling for the kid.

Reaper16
05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Jon Asamoah, if he gets playing time.

KurtCobain
05-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Mine is Andy Studabaker.

I think that by seasons end, he will have taken the starters role and will be making plays left and right.

Who's yours?

I'm with you 100% I think STUDebaker will be a breakout star.

I hope Jackson, Dorsey, Cassel and Bowe will all be probowlers though.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm with you 100% I think STUDebaker will be a breakout star.

I hope Jackson, Dorsey, Cassel and Bowe will all be probowlers though.

if they're all pro-bowlers, I predict we get a playoff win this year. I highly doubt it, though.

Der Flöprer
05-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Glenn mufuckin Dorsey.

DBOSHO
05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Bosschief stole mine.

Im gonna say hali. I think hes going to take anotjer step and become an elite pass rusher.

doomy3
05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Tamba Hali.

KurtCobain
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Glenn mu****in Dorsey.

I was waiting for this Floppy, Nutty, Dorsey post.

tyton75
05-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Mike Vrabel... lol.. j/k

SNR
05-09-2010, 11:32 AM
It better be Dwayne Bowe. He owes this team 1500 yards, 12 TDs after last year's shitrapefuck of a season

LaChapelle
05-09-2010, 11:34 AM
One of the other Brandons
Carr or Albert

Micjones
Matt Cassel.

Ebolapox
Glenn mufuckin Dorsey.

repost. that's my schtick, brah.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Matt Cassel.

I'd fucking hope so. after passing on two potential franchise qbs, he'd better show us something much more than last year.

Baconeater
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
By 'breaking out', do you mean proving that they're worth what they're getting paid? In that case, it had better be Matt fucking Cassel.

Braincase
05-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm hoping it will be Barry Richardson. The man is one of the smartest players on the team, and I'm kind of hoping he applies (continues to apply?) his intellect to his technique and physique. He has the size to get it done, let's just hope the other facets get dialed in.

KurtCobain
05-09-2010, 11:43 AM
repost. that's my schtick, brah.

You should see how snazzy this guy looks in a Dorsey jersey, and you'll change your tune.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
You should see how snazzy this guy looks in a Dorsey jersey, and you'll change your tune.

I had a cheap chinese ripoff WAY before floppy :harumph:

88TG88
05-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Glenn mufuckin Dorsey.

This, he has to live up to the hype by now.

wazu
05-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Defensive ROY: Eric Berry

BossChief
05-09-2010, 11:56 AM
By 'breaking out', do you mean proving that they're worth what they're getting paid? In that case, it had better be Matt fucking Cassel.

my perception of a "breakout player" is a guy that has been just passable, but has the ability to be a star and finally does play like one.

Matt Cassel absolutely is a candidate, but as I mentioned before, Im not sure he has what it takes and therefore I am cautious with getting my hopes up for the guy. Im much better off sticking to my guns on him and hoping to get proven wrong.

To me, for Cassel to have a "breakout year" he has to put to bed the deep ball problems, get rid of the ball effectively, and improves across the board to where the finished product sustains drives and occasionally goes for the throat resulting in winning games.

nychief
05-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm hoping it will be Barry Richardson. The man is one of the smartest players on the team, and I'm kind of hoping he applies (continues to apply?) his intellect to his technique and physique. He has the size to get it done, let's just hope the other facets get dialed in.

wow. a barry richardson fan.

FD
05-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Matt Cassel.

Cassel will probably never again be able to match his New England numbers, and therefore can never "break out."

As for me, Tamba Hali. I think with our d-lineman growing into their potential he could really make his name known across the league next year.

BossChief
05-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I dont think B-Rich (see what I did there?) will see the field unless we have multiple injuries. JMO They like Ocal and there are no more guard spots. Id be surprised if he makes the final roster TBH.

Bane
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I hope Dorsey has a breakout year,but I'm gonna go with Tamba Hali.

Reaper16
05-09-2010, 12:11 PM
my perception of a "breakout player" is a guy that has been just passable, but has the ability to be a star and finally does play like one.
Oh, then fucking nobody is my best answer.

beach tribe
05-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I think the best bet is Dorsey.

nychief
05-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Cassel will probably never again be able to match his New England numbers, and therefore can never "break out.".

why will he "probably" never reach those numbers?

BossChief
05-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Oh, then fucking nobody is my best answer.

thats just MY perception.

FD
05-09-2010, 12:24 PM

QB's that look great throwing to Randy Moss historically never look that good again once they stop.

RustShack
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
page albert and dj
Posted via Mobile Device

chefsos
05-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm thinking that this year's breakout season will be had by a player who's not currently on the roster. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

SPATCH
05-09-2010, 12:34 PM
McCluster. He's gonna be an absolute terror.

Ebolapox
05-09-2010, 12:37 PM

do you see the pats trading us randy moss and wes welker for dirt cheap? I don't either.

Lonewolf Ed
05-09-2010, 12:41 PM
page albert and dj
Posted via Mobile Device

I will go with Page, hoping that the influence of Emmitt Thomas makes a big difference for the entire secondary.

BossChief
05-09-2010, 12:42 PM
QB's that look great throwing to Randy Moss historically never look that good again once they stop.

well, to be fair, Moss dogged it most of the year. I bet Cassel overthrew him on the deep ball at least ten times because he was clearly dogging it. He also dropped a bunch of passes that hit him right in the hands that year too. I watched every game they played on NFLN replay and honestly, I would rather have Chris Chambers 09 that Randy Moss 08 on our team.

The 07 Randy wasnt the same as the 08 Randy. He was just going through the motions in 08.

Reaper16
05-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Because he is irrefutably terrible and doesn't have Welker and Moss to mask his deficiencies (even though they were apparent to me during his time starting for NE).

go bowe
05-09-2010, 12:48 PM
well i think it will bowe...

duh...

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I will go with Page, hoping that the influence of Emmitt Thomas makes a big difference for the entire secondary.

I may be alone on this, but I have a feeling Page isn't even going to be starting by the halfway point of the season.

milkman
05-09-2010, 12:49 PM
I was waiting for this Floppy, Nutty, Dorsey post.

Then if you follow closely enough, you should expect my answer.

Branden Albert.

Chiefs Rool
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
it better damn well be Dorsey or Bowe. Bowe has been ok at least, but he needs a breakout 1,200+ yd season with at least 10 TDs. Of course it doesn't help that he has noodle arm pretty boy throwin it to him and the offense has more 3 and outs then a tired old whore.

I'm hoping it's Dorsey, but I'm not that confident that he will. Alex Magee might do well and I'm also thinking Eric Berry will blow the league away his rookie year! Tyson Jackson needs to break out this year to even come close to his #3 selection.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Because he is irrefutably terrible and doesn't have Welker and Moss to mask his deficiencies (even though they were apparent to me during his time starting for NE).

I don't understand why people exaggerate about players like Cassel.

He's not irrefutably terrible. He's just not a franchise QB.

Reaper16
05-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why people exaggerate about players like Cassel.

He's not irrefutably terrible. He's just not a franchise QB.

44/46.

milkman
05-09-2010, 12:58 PM
well, to be fair, Moss dogged it most of the year. I bet Cassel overthrew him on the deep ball at least ten times because he was clearly dogging it. He also dropped a bunch of passes that hit him right in the hands that year too. I watched every game they played on NFLN replay and honestly, I would rather have Chris Chambers 09 that Randy Moss 08 on our team.

The 07 Randy wasnt the same as the 08 Randy. He was just going through the motions in 08.

I did the same.

There are some things that I noted to like about Cassel.
His grittiness and toughness.

But the fact is he lacks accuracy, something that beyond fixing, and his footwork out of the pro set, which should have been corrected by now if it was correctable.

He is never going to breakout.

He is what he is.

58kcfan89
05-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Not counting rookies: Dorsey, Mays, Studebaker and either Carr or Page.

If we're counting rookies, all of the first 5 have a good chance. Berry on D, Arenas on ST and DMC, Moeaki and Asamoah on offense.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't think anybody's going to "break out." I do think Dorsey and Jackson will get better, I think Studebaker maxes out as a solid rotational player, and I think Cassel will look better as a result of Charlie Weis' scheme. But I don't see any of these guys "breaking out."

The only two I see are Branden Albert and Brandon Carr--while I see Carr improving, that's a tough one, because with Flowers, Berry, and Arenas, I think Carr is going to have a bullseye on his chest.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Not counting rookies: Dorsey, Mays, Studebaker and either Carr or Page.

If we're counting rookies, all of the first 5 have a good chance. Berry on D, Arenas on ST and DMC, Moeaki and Asamoah on offense.

If we're talking about rookies that we might fall asleep on, I'm in the minority that thinks Kendrick Lewis could start in 2010 and play reasonably well.

-King-
05-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Tamba Hali. We don't play any real elite LTs except for Joe Thomas and Clady(who Hali already owns) this year so he should have at least double digit sacks.

BossChief
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I did the same.

There are some things that I noted to like about Cassel.
His grittiness and toughness.

But the fact is he lacks accuracy, something that beyond fixing, and his footwork out of the pro set, which should have been corrected by now if it was correctable.

He is never going to breakout.

He is what he is.

well, I can say that he was clearly hurt by not having a dedicated qb coach last year.

My hope is that going from no qb coach to what may very well be the best in the business should help the kid make strides if he has what it takes upstairs.

My hope is that he isnt shell shocked. My fear is that he is and that wont change.

chiefzilla1501
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Tamba Hali. We don't play any real elite LTs except for Joe Thomas and Clady(who Hali already owns) this year so he should have at least double digit sacks.

I don't think Hali will ever truly "break out" until we get a Nose Tackle that can do his job and a pass rusher on the other side who can actually create pressure. All kinds of room for a QB to run away from Hali.

Buehler445
05-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I think Page has a decent chance if he can get healthy. He has a knack for big plays. If Flowers can continue to develop and people start throwing away from him, he could have a field day picking bitches off over the top. Odds are, he gets hurt again, but there is potential.

That is if anybody decides to pass against us. I don't think I would if I were an OC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
05-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Jared Allen

milkman
05-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't think anybody's going to "break out." I do think Dorsey and Jackson will get better, I think Studebaker maxes out as a solid rotational player, and I think Cassel will look better as a result of Charlie Weis' scheme. But I don't see any of these guys "breaking out."

The only two I see are Branden Albert and Brandon Carr--while I see Carr improving, that's a tough one, because with Flowers, Berry, and Arenas, I think Carr is going to have a bullseye on his chest.

If there's one player who is going to benefit from better coaching, it will be Brandon Carr.

The kid has been inconsistent, but has shown flashes, and Emmitt Thomas was one of the best, and has been a solid coach inthis league for years.

milkman
05-09-2010, 01:24 PM
well, I can say that he was clearly hurt by not having a dedicated qb coach last year.

My hope is that going from no qb coach to what may very well be the best in the business should help the kid make strides if he has what it takes upstairs.

My hope is that he isnt shell shocked. My fear is that he is and that wont change.

Cassel worked with the best coaches in the league for four years.

If it ain't already fixed, it probably ain't gonna be fixed.

big nasty kcnut
05-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Eric berry he going to be a superstar. On offense Matt cassel he will be a household name.

Rain Man
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Tyson Jackson is a safe bet. "Breakout" in this case won't mean that he'll get media recognition, but rather that he'll be solid.

BossChief
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Cassel worked with the best coaches in the league for four years.

If it ain't already fixed, it probably ain't gonna be fixed.Well, I do disagree a little with that. There is a difference in being prepared for practice and being prepared to play with the bullets flying.

Quarterbacks dont get hit in practice.

FTR I think he will get a little more accurate once he is able to follow through on his passes, develops consistency and a familiarity with his targets and he will develop consistent footwork and mechanics under Weis, but will always hold the ball to long and take sacks and fumble the ball. Thats who I think he is.

Just a difference in opinion is all.

time will tell how it plays out.

milkman
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Eric berry he going to be a superstar. On offense Matt cassel he will be a household name.

Assuming that the players picked are the kind of weapons that Pioli hopes them to be, then Cassel will be a household name because of his overall ineffectiveness.

Everyone will be saying the offense is Casselstrated.

milkman
05-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, I do disagree a little with that. There is a difference in being prepared for practice and being prepared to play with the bullets flying.

Quarterbacks dont get hit in practice.

FTR I think he will get a little more accurate once he is able to follow through on his passes and he will develop consistent footwork, but will always hold the ball to long and take sacks and fumble the ball.

Just a difference in opinion is all.

time will tell how it plays out.

The guy had been practicing out of the pro set for at least 8 years before coming to KC.

How is he suddenly going to become proficient at footwork?

I don't believe in miracles.

Fritz88
05-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Dorsey

BossChief
05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
The guy had been practicing out of the pro set for at least 8 years before coming to KC.

How is he suddenly going to become proficient at footwork?

I don't believe in miracles.

bullets don't fly in practice.

I don't want this to turn into another Cassel thread though, so lets leave it where it is, if you don't mind.

RustShack
05-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Brodie Croyle.

KCrockaholic
05-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Cassel and Dorsey.

Pasta Giant Meatball
05-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Cassel will be much improved. The preseason injury and changing of the offense right before the season made him look far worse then he actually is. Will put in a vote for Studebaker and Dorsey as well.

KCrockaholic
05-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Anybody want to guess Alex Magee? He could be much improved this year with Crennel at the helm.

Priest31kc
05-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Im gunna say Dorsey and/or Jackson. It takes a couple years for DL to develop and show their true worth, this will be Dorsey's 2nd year as a DE in a 3-4, and of course Jackson's 2nd year in the NFL. And if Shaun Smith happens to be an upgrade over Rod Edwards, that will help them as well.

SenselessChiefsFan
05-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Ryan Sims... it takes a while for the defensive lineman to get used to the NFL.

SenselessChiefsFan
05-09-2010, 05:30 PM
If there's one player who is going to benefit from better coaching, it will be Brandon Carr.

The kid has been inconsistent, but has shown flashes, and Emmitt Thomas was one of the best, and has been a solid coach inthis league for years.

I hope so, but I think he fits the Cover two better and his weakness is playing man coverage. He has to turn his hips more and that isn't his strength.

milkman
05-09-2010, 05:38 PM
bullets don't fly in practice.

I don't want this to turn into another Cassel thread though, so lets leave it where it is, if you don't mind.

Doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

If he hasn't figured it out after 8 years of practice, and can't use it in game, he's never going to figure it out.

beach tribe
05-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't see Carr improving a whole lot. I don't think he's a horrible corner, but I think Arenas is going to be taking a lot of his playing time in base coverage. Don't tell me he's too small. He's the same size as Flowers.

kysirsoze
05-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't see Carr improving a whole lot. I don't think he's a horrible corner, but I think Arenas is going to be taking a lot of his playing time in base coverage. Don't tell me he's too small. He's the same size as Flowers.

I thought Pioli/Haley even said Arenas was going to be used in the slot. Am I wrong?

milkman
05-09-2010, 06:02 PM

I would expect that if anyone takes playing time away from Carr, it will be Washington.

Sensible makes a good point that Carr, at least at this point in time, is a better fit in a cover two, because he doesn't yet have the skills to cover man to man and get his head turned.

That's an area that I expect ET should help however.

But the other guy that ET should be able to bring along is Washington, who does have the natural athletic ability to be a good cover corner.

Arenas will be, most likely, the nickel corner that plays the slot.

KCinNY
05-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Belcher.

Okay, seriously...how about Quentin Lawrence.

Marcellus
05-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Cassel or else we are screwed.

All kidding aside I think he will have a good year and look like a legit QB.

(Man these homer glasses look cool on me...... at least in May)

milkman
05-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Belcher.

Okay, seriously...how about Quentin Lawrence.

I think you had a better shot with Belcher.

Reaper16
05-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I would expect that if anyone takes playing time away from Carr, it will be Washington.

Sensible makes a good point that Carr, at least at this point in time, is a better fit in a cover two, because he doesn't yet have the skills to cover man to man and get his head turned.

But the other guy that ET should be able to bring along is Washington, who does have the natural athletic ability to be a good cover corner.

Carr doesn't have the skills to cover man to man yet he was a top 25 CB in the NFL last season according to some metrics playing man coverage. That's a pretty good upside situation.

Buehler445
05-09-2010, 10:10 PM

I hope Washington comes around. Having Flowers (good), Carr (acceptable if you get some pass rush), Arenas (supposed to be the second coming of Jesus in a DB), and Washington steps it up, holy fuck. That is some good shit.

Washington is physically very good. Hopefully he isn't a headcase and is just an instance of OSU being douchey.

salame
05-10-2010, 02:02 AM
If they move dorsey to nose tackle then I say Magee

xztop12
05-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Donald Washington

the Talking Can
05-10-2010, 05:35 AM
have we named everyone on the roster yet?

Jethopper
05-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Deron Cherry

spanky 52
05-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Darryl Harris

Reerun_KC
05-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Going to say Cassel...

SenselessChiefsFan
05-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Going to say Cassel...

I don't think that Cassel qualifies as a breakout type player. He had a breakout season in 2008. Now, I think he will be very good this year. I think he will throw for 3500 yards and put up an 85+ Passer rating. I think he will be right around 90, but I will be fine with 85+.

I think he will prove that he can lead the team, and the team can win with him.

But, this guy threw for nearly 3700 yards and had an passer rating of almost 90, completed 63% of his passes, and 21 TD's.

So, he already broke out.

suds79
05-10-2010, 08:46 AM
I'll take a stab at this. I'll say both of our Tackles.

Brandon Albert because he won't have everything go wrong this year that did last.

- Forced to drop 40 lbs. (when he played better heavy)
- OC Fired at start of season
- Overworked and aging RB averaging 2.6 YPG.

All that will be different this year.

And Ryan O'Callaghan. RT last year was a revolving door until Ryan stepped in. The there was stability. I thought he did okay and I've heard Haley say he thinks Ryan has done a pretty good job.

I think after this year you won't hear anybody talking about needing a RT going into next year.

Mr. Kotter
05-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Cassel.

I hope. Better be, anyway.

Reerun_KC
05-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't think that Cassel qualifies as a breakout type player. He had a breakout season in 2008. Now, I think he will be very good this year. I think he will throw for 3500 yards and put up an 85+ Passer rating. I think he will be right around 90, but I will be fine with 85+.

But, this guy threw for nearly 3700 yards and had an passer rating of almost 90, completed 63% of his passes, and 21 TD's.

Kind of like you, GoChiefs and the Closet?

ROFL

Kidding of course

BossChief
05-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Im sorry, throwing 21 tds on a team that the qb threw for 50 the previous year isnt breaking out to me.

Say what you want, but "breaking out" for a quarterback must include being able to consistently complete passes 20-30 yards and complete almost half of the ones over 40.

Otherwise defenses have far less field to cover no matter where you are on the field.

Im not trying to burn the kid, Im really not...but Im sure not gonna turn a blind eye to reality either.

chiefsnorth
05-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I think Cassel will be much better with a few weapons and an improved offensive line. I wish we had another playmaker at WR though.

My concern is with the front 7 on defense, mainly.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM

BS, he needs to break out for us!

well, we can call it a breakout year if he doesn't suck ass.

I think Eric Berry will be DROY and go to the pro bowl, will that count as a break out year since it's his rookie year and we expect him to be awesome anyways?

If not, I just don't know. I think that Flowers has already broken out but if we can generate any type of pass rush than he will be able to make the pro bowl.

I'll say Branden Albert has his break out year.

CaliforniaChief
05-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I like BossChief's Studebaker call. Hopefully Vrabel is permantly welded to the exercise bike so that he can get PT.

I also think that Brandon Flowers is going to take the next step and become an elite cornerback. I know he's already a very good corner, but I think he'll get even better. Probably doesn't qualify as breakout, but he's going to be amazing, IMO.

BossChief
05-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Branden Albert is gonna make sacoshityviews look clueless. I think he has a chance at making the probowl, honestly.

Simply Red
05-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Casey Printers!

Lonewolf Ed
05-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I may be alone on this, but I have a feeling Page isn't even going to be starting by the halfway point of the season.

Do you think Berry will have his spot? If Page is not a starter, then who is the second best safety on the team? I've been trying to think of who he'd lose out to, and only Berry comes to mind. What are your thoughts?

BossChief
05-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Do you think Berry will have his spot? If Page is not a starter, then who is the second best safety on the team? I've been trying to think of who he'd lose out to, and only Berry comes to mind. What are your thoughts?Id say Morgan or Lewis. I know Lewis is slow, but so was Sammy Knight and he made one hell of a career being slow but smart and instinctive and playing over the top of Flowers, a safety doesnt need to have blazing speed as much as being a solid tackler and instinctive player in run support.

Sofa King
05-10-2010, 10:43 AM
This sounds like a good pre-poll thread..

and if Derrick Johnson is on that poll, i'm going to punch some faces...

philfree
05-10-2010, 10:47 AM
This sounds like a good pre-poll thread..

and if Derrick Johnson is on that poll, i'm going to punch some faces...

DJ is already the breakout player in 2010. He's already recorded two pick 6s.

PhilFree:arrow:

Dicky McElephant
05-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Colin Brown

RedThat
05-10-2010, 11:40 AM
My breakout player for the Chiefs in 2010 is Brandon Flowers. I think this is the year he breaks out, and makes the probowl.

I think he could of done that this year, but what hurt him were the dropped pick 6's. He improves on that, and he will be in Honolulu.

BossChief
05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
My breakout player for the Chiefs in 2010 is Brandon Flowers. I think this is the year he breaks out, and makes the probowl.

I think he could of done that this year, but what hurt him were the dropped pick 6's. He improves on that, and he will be in Honolulu.

whats he gonna be doing in Honolulu?

RedThat
05-10-2010, 11:42 AM
whats he gonna be doing in Honolulu?

Intercepting passes and scoring them for touchdowns! BOOOOYAHHHH!!!!:D

BossChief
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Intercepting passes and scoring them for touchdowns! BOOOOYAHHHH!!!!:D

try again. cmon, you can do it.

RedThat
05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
try again. cmon, you can do it.

Thanks for the motivation, but you got me stumped on this one. lol

ToddHaley
05-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Again, we're hoping it'll be Matt Cassel across the boards. But with that ****ing noodle arm of his, I just don't believe he will be one of the right 53.

BossChief
05-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the motivation, but you got me stumped on this one. lol

The probowl isnt in Hawaii anymore.

CaliforniaChief
05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
That's what I thought too...but apparently it will be.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?confirm=true&id=09000d5d80f1dc77&template=without-video-with-comments

OnTheWarpath58
05-10-2010, 01:46 PM

That was a one year thing.

mcaj22
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll go with the late round picks Kendrick Lewis or Sheffield. Maybe even the UDFA from San Jose State (Forget his name? Cole?) or that D2 LBer Michael Johnson? I think one of these guys will make a surprise impact were fans go woah, where did he come from to help the team?

BossChief
05-10-2010, 02:09 PM
That's what I thought too...but apparently it will be.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?confirm=true&id=09000d5d80f1dc77&template=without-video-with-comments

That was a one year thing.

damn, my batting average went down a few points the last couple days.

I assumed Harrison failed a HGH test.....WRONG. I assume the probowl is gonna be in florida because it was last year.....nope, owned.

Looks like I need to go on another hitting streak or Im gonna need to change my name to "justanotherguyChief".

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm pulling for STUUUDE, Dorsey, and Bowe.

With respect to to Bowe; it's time to shit or get off the pot.

thawk
05-10-2010, 02:37 PM
I think Bowe and Cassle look great this year because our o-line while still not great will be much improoved this year and we will have a runing game so it will open doors for them, hard to complete passes with the qb running for his life or on his ass like the past few years. That being said I think the entire defense will have a break out year. Top 10, probably not this year, but they should make a return to respectability this year and I for one think it will at least be fun to go watch our team play ball again. Not saying playoffs but am saying we will have a chance to win every time we take the field and that is something that you could not say the past few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefzilla1501
05-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Do you think Berry will have his spot? If Page is not a starter, then who is the second best safety on the team? I've been trying to think of who he'd lose out to, and only Berry comes to mind. What are your thoughts?

There's something about Page... I sense that he's a ballhawk and he's going to make some big plays, but I've also seen a lot of instances where he just doesn't have the kind of closing speed to break up plays and shows up a split second too late way more often than he should.

I still think Kendrick Lewis has a legit shot at competing for a starting job opposite Berry. I also wouldn't rule out the Chiefs moving one of their corners to Safety. In particular, I can't help but wonder if Donald Washington or Maurice Leggett (with a little bulk) could see some offseason reps. I think I remember they were being groomed last year. Would be interesting to see one of those guys at the Free.

penchief
05-10-2010, 05:26 PM
If we're talking about rookies that we might fall asleep on, I'm in the minority that thinks Kendrick Lewis could start in 2010 and play reasonably well.

I'm with you. I like what he what he brings to the table.

penchief
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Brodie Croyle.

Nice dark horse pick.

penchief
05-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Anybody want to guess Alex Magee? He could be much improved this year with Crennel at the helm.

Another nice dark horse pick. I thought the guy was going to make more of a mark than he did last year.

Ralphy Boy
05-10-2010, 05:54 PM
BTW here are Andys pro day times if you would like to compare him to anyone that came out the last few years. His times are elite.

I think that the fact that they passed on guys like Misi and Kindle says what they think of our kid.

I wish you were right, but until they have Andy starting over Vrabel, I won't give the front office that much credit.

Defensive ROY: Eric Berry

I really wish you fuggers would stop it with this crap because I think you are going to jinx him. He's playing on one of the worst teams in the league and that would be a HUGE hill to overcome.

Way to go way out on a limb, just curious if you ever once heard of him or mentioned anywhere that you wanted us to draft him prior to him becoming a Chief.

I don't think Hali will ever truly "break out" until we get a Nose Tackle that can do his job and a pass rusher on the other side who can actually create pressure. All kinds of room for a QB to run away from Hali.

Based on your post, in the Adalius Thomas thread, this doesn't really go along with your post where you suggested that it the NT position would eventually be filled by a capable player.

I don't think Magee gets enough credit and even though I'm glad they picked him, I don't know what it would say about the FO if Magee ends up being better than TJ.

Magee would get my vote as well if I thought he'd get enough playing time to have a chance.

As perplexed as half the moves they've made have left me, I really don't have a clue who will be the breakout player.

RedThat
05-10-2010, 09:32 PM

:doh!:

Dude that never even crossed my mind. Thanks. I feel so dumb now...lol you just have to laugh at that

Reaper16
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I'll go with the late round picks Kendrick Lewis or Sheffield. Maybe even the UDFA from San Jose State (Forget his name? Cole?) or that D2 LBer Michael Johnson? I think one of these guys will make a surprise impact were fans go woah, where did he come from to help the team?
Based on what? Hope? Luck? Random keystrokes?

BIG K
05-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Thomas Jones....I think he runs for 1,100 yards. Not great numbers but, it will be how he get's them. Between the tackles pounding asses all the way, especially short goal line....

DBOSHO
05-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Thomas Jones....I think he runs for 1,100 yards. Not great numbers but, it will be how he get's them. Between the tackles pounding asses all the way, especially short goal line....

Im not sure hes going to get enough carries to achieve 1100 yds, unless he gets 8+ yards per carry

BIG K
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Im not sure hes going to get enough carries to achieve 1100 yds, unless he gets 8+ yards per carry

Charles is a burner. He made me happy to be a chiefs fan last year. I just do not see him carrying the load for 16 games. I see a 50-50 split, give or take a bit for the other youngsters. We expect much from Charles, I see Jones as the dark horse who surprises us all....

Chiefshrink
05-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Matt Cassel:thumb:

Cha-Ching baby!! That will have half this board lightin my ass up for that answer.:D But I'm still not convinced he is a bust and I really believe he will have the the majority of nay-sayers on this board supporting him by mid-season.:thumb:

BossChief
05-11-2010, 12:14 AM
I for one hope that Jones has more carries than Charles unless we are in a playoff run late in teh season and we need to overuse him.

Chiefshrink
05-11-2010, 12:34 AM
I for one hope that Jones has more carries than Charles unless we are in a playoff run late in teh season and we need to overuse him.

Quite frankly although I picked Matt Cassel as my breakout Chief for 2010 the most important position next to QB is the O-line which desperately needs to have a break-out yr for Cassel and the RBs to give a solid 1-2 punch. I don't see Jones having more than 700yds this next yr.

No way he rushes like he did last yr just because he will not get the carries to do it. But I do like the fact that IF Charles gets hurt we have a solid back who is big enough to handle the load who can still make plays even as a 3rd down back if need be who does not have much of an injury history if any at all. I think alot of teams learned alot last yr from the Dolphins situation in which the Dolphins didn't miss a beat when Brown went down. RBBC more than ever anymore, to insure your success down the road especially if you make the playoffs.

Blick
05-11-2010, 12:49 AM
I've been on the Studebaker bandwagon since we got the guy. I think that's a good pick.

mcaj22
05-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Based on what? Hope? Luck? Random keystrokes?

Those guys have every opportunity to make this team and beat out the starter at their respected positions, it's not like there are that many talented guys on this team, I think a guy like Kendrick Lewis absolutely could be starting over Jarrad Page or whatever bum they have next to Berry. And as for the LBers? Come on, one of these guys has to be able to show something that is better than Corey fucking Mays. I hope so at least. That's why I think they could surprise. But then again, they could also be cut by training camps end. But let's be real, any signed LBer or Safety coming into this team just needs to work hard and show flashes and they are instantly better than what we had starting at the position.

SenselessChiefsFan
05-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Again, we're hoping it'll be Matt Cassel across the boards. But with that ****ing noodle arm of his, I just don't believe he will be one of the right 53.

His "noodle arm" is on par with Jimmy Clausen who was deemed as a 'franchise QB' in these here parts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Matt Cassel:thumb:

Cha-Ching baby!! That will have half this board lightin my ass up for that answer.:D But I'm still not convinced he is a bust and I really believe he will have the the majority of nay-sayers on this board supporting him by mid-season.:thumb:

Originally Posted by ToddHaley http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6749047#post6749047)

Coach, guys like SS and NonSensicalChiefsFan really make my balls bleed uber-stink with their homeristic dipshittery.
Would you be so kind as to invite them both to camp, and then use them to "hold" tackling dummies in a few drills, or maybe get them to wash the jockstraps at the end of the day like "Takashi" from 'Revenge of the Nerds'?

Thanks Coach. You're awesome! :thumb:

DonTellMeShowMe
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Cassel

DWMeyer98
05-14-2010, 03:27 PM
If the defense is better at pressuring the QB and Berry makes an immediate impact at Safety, I think that Brandon Flowers could begin to play at a pro bowl level this year. He was very good last year, but it is difficult to be dominate at CB if your team cannot hurry the QB or cover the middle of the field. It is also pretty hard for a guy to break into the pro bowl roster as a CB in the AFC. There are all of the new greats like Revis and Asomugha, and old favorites like Champ Bailey to contend with. I'd just like to see him put up comparable numbers to some of these guys for an entire season.

Brandon Albert could make some real strides if he stays healthy for the year too. He's looked good at times but, as we've all seen, he is hurt often. If Hailey figures out who the starting 5 on the OL are and we can keep them healthy, Albert should be a very solid LT for us.

Cannibal
05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Barring injury... Jammal Charles. I think he has a chance to dominate.

KC Tattoo
05-14-2010, 05:40 PM

That's who I think is going to be a good starter at RT. I have high hopes for him.

Hopefully Brodie Croyle takes the reins at QB & make it the Brodie to Boe show.

RustShack
05-14-2010, 08:48 PM
His "noodle arm" is on par with Jimmy Clausen who was deemed as a 'franchise QB' in these here parts.

LOL

OK so which one have you never seen play before? Or both I'm guessing?

Marcellus
05-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I have already said Cassel, homerism at work but I am going to seriously say Dorsey and Hali as co- breakout MVP's. I think Crennel will do them wonders.

dirtbag
05-14-2010, 09:52 PM
That's who I think is going to be a good starter at RT. I have high hopes for him.

Hopefully Brodie Croyle takes the reins at QB & make it the Brodie to Boe show.

The obsession with Croyle on here is ridiculous. He is nothing more than a career backup.

My vote for breakout player is Flowers. He has been good but I think he is going to be great this year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM
The obsession with Croyle on here is ridiculous. He is nothing more than a career backup.

My vote for breakout player is Flowers. He has been good but I think he is going to be great this year.

And Shat Casshole isn't?

And, dude; picking Flowers to be unexpectedly great as a "gamble" of sorts, is like picking pizza to taste better than two cat-turds sandwiched between two slices of 50 year-old 'Wonder'-bread.

I mean really...

crossbow
05-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Glenn Cadrez

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Cunty Cunterson.

I'm pulling for Cunty every step of the way.

dirtbag
05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
And Shat Casshole isn't?

And, dude; picking Flowers to be unexpectedly great as a "gamble" of sorts, is like picking pizza to taste better than two cat-turds sandwiched between two slices of 50 year-old 'Wonder'-bread.

I mean really...

The thread wasn't asking for a gamble, it was asking for a breakout player, which Flowers has yet to have a "breakout" year. He has played well but not at an All-Pro level yet. So yeah, he is still my pick to have a breakout year and make the pro bowl.

BossChief
09-01-2010, 10:57 PM
just a little bumpage

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
just a little bumpage

Tastes cut...

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Brian Shay

Yeah...

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Brian Shay

Yeah...

Or Jessie Haynes....I can't quite decide. Heh.

;)

Jawshco
09-02-2010, 01:41 AM

Chiefs=Good
09-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Eric Berry or Big Glen. Dont see why he cant have one if we let him pin his ears back and get after the qb a bit..