PDA

View Full Version : Royals 4 Reasons in 3 Games Why Trey Hillman Should Be Fired Tomorrow!

petegz28
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Game 1 Friday Night against the Rangers:

Yuni Betancourt drops a routine pop fly that leads to a run. Instead of benching Yuni the next game, Hillman fines him and starts him.

Game 2 Saturday Night against the Rangers:

In a 2-2 game Hillman has Guillen pinch hit in the 8th inning. Understandable. What isn't understandable is why he allowed Guillen to take the field in RF, move Maier to 1st base where he has never played before in either the majors or minors and not put Bloomy in RF. A soft liner was hit to RF to score the winning run. Guillen could never have made the catch. Bloomy makes it easily, imo.

Also in the same game in the 8th inning with over 100 pitches he allows Meche to continue pitching. Even after walking the first 2 batters and letting the 3rd on, Hillman lets Meche continue to pitch. Meche gave up the lead run, obviously.

And finally Game 3 (4th in the series) in a 2-0 game with runners on 1st and 3rd for Texas, the batter hits a fly ball to LF scoring the runner from 3rd on the SAC fly. Now, the runner at 1st (Hamilton) was half way between 1st and 2nd waiting to see if the ball was caught. Once the ball was caught he proceeded onto 2nd base without ever going back to make the tag. The Royals totally miss this and allow it to happen and end up giving up 4 runs in the inning. The appeal would have ended the inning.

After the game Trey said he saw that Hamilton never tagged up. But didn't bother to say anything to our pitcher. Are you fucking kidding me??? WTF good is a manager that wants to play spectator? I see this as the worst offense that could ever be committed in baseball. You have a gimmie to get out of the inning at 2-1 and you ignore it. You, as the Manager, hope someone else saw it and does something. Yes, Butler should have caught that. Butler also took the blame after the game. Hillman however did a great Herm Edwards impression by not taking 1 iota of the blame.

Good bye, Trey. GTFO! Stay in Texas. Don't come back now, ya hear?!?!?!

LetsSignRussell
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
tell us how you really feel

DeezNutz
05-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Sounds good.

But can we throw in Dayton Moore as part of a 2-for-1 deal?

CHENZ A!
05-09-2010, 08:59 PM
fire everyone... players included.

jbwm89
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM
After the game Trey said he saw that Hamilton never tagged up. But didn't bother to say anything to our pitcher.

I don't understand how that could happen and if it really did why he would ever admit to it. Which is worse a manager not paying attention enough to notice something like that, or a manager who catches it but doesn't bother to point it out?

I have never been a big Hillman fan but after these last few games I can't find a reason why anyone wouldn't want him gone

petegz28
05-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't understand how that could happen and if it really did why he would ever admit to it. Which is worse a manager not paying attention enough to notice something like that, or a manager who catches it but doesn't bother to point it out?

I have never been a big Hillman fan but after these last few games I can't find a reason why anyone wouldn't want him gone

I could understand if he wasn't paying attention as in he was going over the lineup card or talking to a player or in the clubhouse on the pot with the squirts. But to see it and not say anything is fucking beyond me. That goes for every coach in the dugout as well.

KcMizzou
05-09-2010, 09:03 PM
The worst thing is, we didn't even have a reason to be excited for opening day. We all knew going in, that there was basically no chance for improvement.

I'm completely apathetic about the Royals this season.

LetsSignRussell
05-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't see why you still watch them. they make 0 effort to turn themselves into a winning franchise.

petegz28
05-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't see why you still watch them. they make 0 effort to turn themselves into a winning franchise.

Well, I did give up my season ticket package this year but I continue to watch them because I am a fan of the team. Even if that means "team" in name only.

kregger
There's all those and then the bunt calls. I'm so sick of seeing a team that has trouble scoring runs simply giving an out away. It's one thing if by miracle of all miracles, the bunt is actually successful. This team has got to be the shittiest group of bunters assembled. If you're going to bat Pods in the two hole, let him try to move the runner by swinging the bat. ARGHHHH!

ChiefsCountry
The worst thing is, we didn't even have a reason to be excited for opening day. We all knew going in, that there was basically no chance for improvement.

This is pretty much me as well and its sad bc I love the Royals.

petegz28
05-09-2010, 09:06 PM
There's all those and then the bunt calls. I'm so sick of seeing a team that has trouble scoring runs simply giving an out away. It's one thing if by miracle of all miracles, the bunt is actually successful. This team has got to be the shittiest group of bunters assembled. If you're going to bat Pods in the two hole, let him try to move the runner by swinging the bat. ARGHHHH!

I think half of the bunts Pods tries to put down are his own call. But that doesn't mean the manager shouldn't have the final say in it.

jbwm89
05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
pods needs to realize the difference between a sac bunt and trying to bunt for a basehit.

Not letting your pitcher know is like letting the other team bat out of order, it's retarded

irishjayhawk
05-09-2010, 09:10 PM

This.

Gonzo
05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
I can't help but think that they have the talent to be around .500 right now. Before these last 6-10 games, I really didn't think Hillman was doing a bad job. But now, yeah... Not so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
David Glass will let him finish the year. He's too cheap to pay an interm manager and a fired manager at the same time.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Word on the street is that Glass is pissed......According to Rany anyways.....

DeezNutz
I can't help but think that they have the talent to be around .500 right now.

They don't. Not even close, sadly.

Chiefs Rool
I don't think it matter who coaches anymore. I'd love to see what a great coach would do with these players, I bet it wouldn't be much better.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
If Trey really knew which i bet he had no fucking clue, we appeal that play and they call Hamilton out....if he really held back well, i'll pack the bags to get him the fuck out of KC.

petegz28
05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
If Trey really knew which i bet he had no ****ing clue, we appeal that play and they call Hamilton out....if he really held back well, i'll pack the bags to get him the **** out of KC.

Either way it's inexcusable for an entire dugout of coaches to miss that.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Either way it's inexcusable for an entire dugout of coaches to miss that.

is there anyone on this staff besides the new trainer worth retaining anyway?clean the fucking house

petegz28
05-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Ok, now Hillman is saying he didn't know it happened until later on. GTFO.

DeezNutz
05-09-2010, 09:39 PM
At this point, does it really matter what Hillman says?

And he bunted, again. And again. And again.

petegz28
05-09-2010, 09:41 PM

Guess not. I still can't believe I saw that in a ML game.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2010, 09:42 PM

He also took care of betancourt by fining his pocket book, take that Yuni, you're find peanuts for everydrop! Bench his ass u fuck

I hate trey and i hate dayton, i wish i could see them in public so i can display it for them

Deberg_1990
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Never thought id miss Buddy Bell...

Sure-Oz
05-09-2010, 09:45 PM
I'd say Buddy Bell is about as equal....We've had some real dogshit managers

jbwm89
05-09-2010, 09:59 PM
fire hillman let Yost coach for the rest of the year

teedubya
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Royals Baseball!!

Apathy in April!

thurman merman
05-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Buddy Bell is way better than Hillman.

DeezNutz
05-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Buddy Bell is way better than Hillman.

Fact.

tk13
05-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Buddy Bell wasn't a complete idiot. I definitely wouldn't want him back but I wonder what would happen if he had a team full of talent. I think he'd stay out of their way and not ruin it. I think he was actually okay at the strategy aspect of the game... he handled the bullpen well. But then again we once lost about 247 games in a row under him. His biggest flaw was he'd change the batting order every...single... day.

keg in kc
05-09-2010, 10:55 PM

I'm completely apathetic about the Royals this season.I haven't even watched an inning this year. I've never been like that before.

WoodDraw
05-09-2010, 10:58 PM

I've never been as apathetic about a team as the Royals this year. Normally I'll at the very least turn on the game and mute it. This year, I haven't bothered.

I want Trey and Moore out.

-King-
05-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Wheres Frank White when you need him?

I've never followed Royals much even though I root for them, but damn, Trey Hillman has to go.

HotRoute
05-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Ya but is firing trey going to make the royals any better?? i mean it couldnt hurt if we get someone better, but i seriously doubt dayton has the mental capacity to make that a reality

Demonpenz
05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
firing trey isn't going to do shit. When you haven't developed anyone that can hit over 30 homeruns.... that is your problem

thurman merman
05-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Ya but is firing trey going to make the royals any better??

Is Oklahoma Joe's BBQ sauce going to make pulled pork better?

jbwm89
05-10-2010, 08:58 PM
A GM should constantly be attempting to make his team better in anyway possible. Firing trey won't get us into the playoffs, but we will be better than we are with him. It's like saying keep starting Yuni over Aviles because Aviles isn't good enough to make a huge difference

whoman69
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't think it really matters who the manager is until the team decides it can keep its talent instead of being an advanced minor league team for the rest of the league. They haven't had a true star since #5 hung it up. As soon as the top pitcher becomes a free agent he's gone. They've had some young talent come up, but it goes elsewhere when the paydays start. There is no plan to contend like in Minnesota or even Oakland. They're playing to approach mediocrity and will try to stay there once they reach that pinnacle.

Chiefs Rool
05-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I was looking for a new pitcher on my fantasy baseball team and I went to sort by rank and I accidentally clicked on lowest rank and the absolute worst pitcher in fantasy baseball with a ranking in the 1,400's is our very own Gil Meche

My Goodness

Priest31kc
05-10-2010, 09:23 PM
I was looking for a new pitcher on my fantasy baseball team and I went to sort by rank and I accidentally clicked on lowest rank and the absolute worst pitcher in fantasy baseball with a ranking in the 1,400's is our very own Gil Meche

My Goodness

Because our very own manager ruined his career last year, and decided to ruin it even more Saturday night.

ClevelandBronco
05-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I think I see the problem. The Rangers are a hockey team and this asshole is trying to play baseball with them.

Anyone that stupid deserves to be fired.

blaise
05-10-2010, 09:49 PM
firing trey isn't going to do shit. When you haven't developed anyone that can hit over 30 homeruns.... that is your problem

I agree. You can fire Trey but it won't matter. Some Larry Bowa type could maybe come in and raise hell and get the guys to give some extra effort and focus but that would just fizzle out. There's 162 games, there's no way to hide it if you suck, and the Royals suck.

blaise
05-10-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't think it really matters who the manager is until the team decides it can keep its talent instead of being an advanced minor league team for the rest of the league. They haven't had a true star since #5 hung it up. As soon as the top pitcher becomes a free agent he's gone. They've had some young talent come up, but it goes elsewhere when the paydays start. There is no plan to contend like in Minnesota or even Oakland. They're playing to approach mediocrity and will try to stay there once they reach that pinnacle.

Losing the talent is only a piece of it. Lots of teams lose talent, but you have to get stuff in return. When the Marlins lose Josh Beckett they get Hanley Ramirez. When the Royals lose Beltran they get, what, John Buck and some other nothing player?

petegz28
05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Losing the talent is only a piece of it. Lots of teams lose talent, but you have to get stuff in return. When the Marlins lose Josh Beckett they get Hanley Ramirez. When the Royals lose Beltran they get, what, John Buck and some other nothing player?

That would be Mark Teahan.

jbwm89
05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I wish we had Larry Johnson and Steve Bono back. Thats seriously all we need right now.

Jordan
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
That would be Mark Teahan.

And the forgettable, Mike Wood

sedated
05-11-2010, 10:07 AM

That's because Allard Baird went into negotiations stubbornly seeking "a catcher, a third baseman, and a starting pitcher, all major league ready."

HemiEd
05-11-2010, 12:22 PM

Same here, fortunately, the baseball season coincides with good weather and there is plenty to do.

gblowfish
05-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Trey should start boinking his next door neighbor's wife and showering with his uniform on....
And when he's had enough, just leave his team in the middle of the night and fly off to Puerto Rico or somewhere tropical. Just ditch them cold.

Then he'll end up as a bench coach for a good team, like the Yankees.