PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dynasty League trade question

The Bad Guy
05-11-2010, 07:37 AM
I finished 3rd in my dynasty league last year.

Think I have a pretty solid young team who can also win right now.

Maurice Jones' Drew owner put him on the trade block this morning.

I offered Tony Romo, Chris Wells, Mario Manningham and a 3rd round pick in next year's rookie draft for MJD and Eli Manning.

As it stands now, my starting lineup is:

Romo, Gore, Wells, Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Driver, Brent Celek

It's a PPR league with low QB scoring (4 for TDs)

Does this trade make me better?

Mr. Arrowhead
05-11-2010, 07:49 AM
I think thats way too much to give up, but I am also high on Wells this year

Chiefs Rool
05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I would keep Wells and see what he does next season. Romo is a fine fantasy QB, MJD is great and all but a tad inconsistent.

The Bad Guy
05-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm high on Wells too, but I don't think it's ever going to be where he dominates the carries.

I like Romo a lot, but I think the increase from Wells to MJD I think fits my team better considering the scoring for QBs.

FD
05-11-2010, 09:12 AM
I would do that. MJD is one of the top 3 or 4 guys in fantasy. Anytime you can get someone like that you should do it, and you aren't giving up too much. Romo now has Alex Barron at LT. Plus I think Hightower is the real deal in AZ and isn't going away anytime soon.

edit: Didn't even see the QB scoring, this seems like a no-brainer.

healthpellets
05-11-2010, 09:54 AM
there's no way i'd do that deal.

in terms of pure talent, wells > mjd. hightower will be a non-factor by the end of the year, and beanie should finish in the top 10.

romo's TD total will go up this year, moving him from 9th up to the top 5.

you need a better long term WR3 than driver though. but maybe you have one on the bench.

The Franchise
05-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I honestly think that's a little too much to be giving up.

Romo will out perform Manning and Wells is a really nice option....especially in a dynasty league. I'd almost rather give up Gore instead of Wells.

The Bad Guy
05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
I think Jones Drew is just that awesome. He's a good pass catcher, so in a PPR league he kills Beanine in that regard. Beanie also doesn't catch passes.

I like Romo a lot, but the QBs get shafted in this league. I think I can get by with Eli and Henne if my RBs are Gore and MJD.

I have some long term WRs on my bench. Pierre Garcon, Mike Williams, Damien Williams, Brandon Tate.

I just really want Jones-Drew.

The Franchise
05-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I think Jones Drew is just that awesome. He's a good pass catcher, so in a PPR league he kills Beanine in that regard. Beanie also doesn't catch passes.

I like Romo a lot, but the QBs get shafted in this league. I think I can get by with Eli and Henne if my RBs are Gore and MJD.

I have some long term WRs on my bench. Pierre Garcon, Mike Williams, Damien Williams, Brandon Tate.

Well....if you want Jones-Drew....then go after him. But I wouldn't be giving up THAT much for him. Wells is young and talented. I don't think I'd be throwing in a 3rd round pick on top of those guys.

The Bad Guy
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Well....if you want Jones-Drew....then go after him. But I wouldn't be giving up THAT much for him. Wells is young and talented. I don't think I'd be throwing in a 3rd round pick on top of those guys.

I took the 3rd round out. It's a rookie only draft though so the 3rd round doesn't have nearly that value of a normal draft.

MJD was the 2nd highest scoring player in this league last year behind CJ. I do think Romo has great upside, and if TD passes were worth 6, I wouldn't do this deal.

healthpellets
05-11-2010, 10:38 AM

then do it.

looks like you've already done your 2010 draft, so that's a 2011 3d rounder? guess it doesn't matter if you took it out.

i guess in terms of relative value (same scoring structure) it's good value. i gave up MJD for JStew / Austin / 2.2.

CoMoChief
05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I would do that. MJD is one of the top 3 or 4 guys in fantasy. Anytime you can get someone like that you should do it, and you aren't giving up too much. Romo now has Alex Barron at LT. Plus I think Hightower is the real deal in AZ and isn't going away anytime soon.

edit: Didn't even see the QB scoring, this seems like a no-brainer.

Barron sucks.

The Bad Guy
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
then do it.

looks like you've already done your 2010 draft, so that's a 2011 3d rounder? guess it doesn't matter if you took it out.

i guess in terms of relative value (same scoring structure) it's good value. i gave up MJD for JStew / Austin / 2.2.

That's fantastic value you got.

We are in the process of finishing the draft now. First round I took Berry. DBs in this league get ridiculous points. 2nd rounder was Mike Williams. 3rd rounder was Damian Williams.