PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Backfire Barbeque

LocoChiefsFan
05-11-2010, 07:34 PM
at the Legends. Anyone been to this place, and if you have what did ya think? My wife and I, and another couple are coming to KC for Rockfest this weekend and were thinking about checking it out. I just thought I'd check here first to see what you all had to say about it.

DJ's left nut
05-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Oh wait.

I thought this had something to do with the Smellympics.

Nevermind.

JASONSAUTO
05-11-2010, 07:40 PM
is that the place branded with OCC?
Posted via Mobile Device

LocoChiefsFan
05-11-2010, 08:00 PM
is that the place branded with OCC?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah

JASONSAUTO
05-11-2010, 08:00 PM
it looks cool....
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh wait.

I thought this had something to do with the Smellympics.

Nevermind.

This...

LocoChiefsFan
05-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I guess no ones been here yet? The reviews I have read were mostly positive. Everyone raves about it on there Facebook page. I guess what I was mostly interested in knowing, what were their prices like. Since no one knows, I guess we'll find out. Thanks anyway! I need to read those Smellympics threads, because I was clueless to what you were referring to.

Valiant
05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I guess no ones been here yet? The reviews I have read were mostly positive. Everyone raves about it on there Facebook page. I guess what I was mostly interested in knowing, what were their prices like. Since no one knows, I guess we'll find out. Thanks anyway! I need to read those Smellympics threads, because I was clueless to what you were referring to.

Most bbq places have to be downright horrible to get bad reviews.. And if someone talked smack about it on their facebook page it would just get deleted..

Chiefs Rool
05-12-2010, 11:22 PM

if you are coming to KC on a trip, please don't go to the Legends and have corporate BBQ. You want Arthur Bryant's or Oklahoma Joes!!! Or at least Gates! Don't go to them places in the legends that are for tourists, you want what the locals get. I used to live up there in KC and I know a thing for 2 about that BBQ and where to get it.

Sure-Oz
05-13-2010, 12:12 AM
if you are coming to KC on a trip, please don't go to the Legends and have corporate BBQ. You want Arthur Bryant's or Oklahoma Joes!!! Or at least Gates! Don't go to them places in the legends that are for tourists, you want what the locals get. I used to live up there in KC and I know a thing for 2 about that BBQ and where to get it.

Arthur Bryants AND OK Joes is a must ;)

wildcat09
05-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I have heard it is way over priced and it not very good. You are really paying for the atmosphere. There are a LOT better choices here in BBQ heaven (aka Kansas City).

mikeyis4dcats.
05-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Why the fuck would you go to KC and then eat at chain BBQ. Let alone anything associated with OCC.

Chazno
05-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Did the Arthur Bryants at the legends close?

Great Expectations
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Go to KC Masterpiece, FTWWFT.

Sure-Oz
05-13-2010, 11:07 AM

LMAO

Chiefs Rool
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM

for the what?

that place sucks

BigRedChief
05-13-2010, 11:23 AM
for the what?

that place sucksDude your new. It was cross thread humor mixed in with some historical events on the Planet. No on here really thinks KC Masterpiece is worth feeding to dogs.

gblowfish
05-13-2010, 11:48 AM
BBQ nOOb.
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/BBQ.html

Chiefs Rool
05-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Dude your new. It was cross thread humor mixed in with some historical events on the Planet. No on here really thinks KC Masterpiece is worth feeding to dogs.

oh :doh!:

BigRedChief
05-13-2010, 12:02 PM
oh :doh!:NP. Theres a lexicon thread somewhere that explains a lot.

Demonpenz
05-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What day are you going? I might watch the fights there. I bought some OCC gear to go with my affliction shirt. There is a club near by I am going to get some Jagerbombs if you are down.

Chiefs Rool
05-13-2010, 12:50 PM
NP. Theres a lexicon thread somewhere that explains a lot.

cool, thank you.

LocoChiefsFan
05-13-2010, 04:09 PM
We were just looking for something close to the Comedy Club we're going to, and Backfire looked interesting. I definitely want some good bbq, not crappy corporate bbq.