PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs UDFA ILB Michael Johnson released by Chiefs

Reaper16
05-12-2010, 12:30 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-Chiefs-Release-Rookie-Linebacker/8da98a95-0350-4f53-97d0-f58dfa0b737c

Everyone that was hopeful about him getting some playing time can stop hoping now. I told ya'll but you wouldn't listen.

OnTheWarpath58
05-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Well, we're really fucked now.

Pestilence
05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Apparently he wasn't aware of the process.

Sully
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I'll post a highlight vid soon.

OnTheWarpath58
05-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I'll post a highlight vid soon.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Micah Johnson signed with the Giants, FWIW.

Chiefs Rool
05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I never even knew who the heck he was

milkman
05-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Offseason rookie workout bust?

JohninGpt
05-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Dammit Pioli!:cuss:

Sully
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
"This cut is clearly all about Pioli's ego."

-Jason Whitlock

KCtotheSB
05-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Alas, we hardly knew ye....

philfree
05-12-2010, 01:16 PM
So does this mean we are signing Adailus Thomas?

PhilFree:arrow:

Demonpenz
05-12-2010, 01:18 PM
It's not surprising, his movement was limited there towards the end.

alpha_omega
05-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Who?

Renegade
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Well great, there goes my Adopt a Chief

milkman
05-12-2010, 01:30 PM

Wait, this just occured to me.

So are you saying that Pioli finally realized he didn't sign Micah Johnson?

talastan
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM

:hmmm: It would allow for that, however I think this is more to open up roster space for the yet-to-be signed draft picks.

Rooster
05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Who?

He was a four time gold medal champion sprinter. :D

CrazyPhuD
05-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Fuck...we cut our Johnson how are we going to score now?

JohninGpt
05-12-2010, 01:45 PM
****...we cut our Johnson how are we going to score now?

We cut our extra Johnson, we still have our big one.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2010, 01:54 PM

PhilFree:arrow:possible ... doubtful, but possible

KurtCobain
05-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Damn, don't print 'em?

philfree
05-12-2010, 02:12 PM
possible ... doubtful, but possible

They don't cut guys at this juncture unless there is another player they want to sign and it's wat to early for our draft picks to be signing so. I bet we sign somebody.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
They don't cut guys at this juncture unless there is another player they want to sign and it's wat to early for our draft picks to be signing so. I bet we sign somebody.

probably ... but who we sign is a huge question.

Pioli has shown so far that NOTHING is as important to him right now than having a professional,motivated locker room with superb attitude ... not even talent.

i would be very surprised for Pioli to sign someone who had problems in new england with some of those things.

it's just as likely that Johnson will be replaced by some other scrub just like last year when the Chiefs kept up a constant merry-go-round of players off the street to the roster.

philfree
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
probably ... but who we sign is a huge question.

Pioli has shown so far that NOTHING is as important to him right now than having a professional,motivated locker room with superb attitude ... not even talent.

i would be very surprised for Pioli to sign someone who had problems in new england with some of those things.

it's just as likely that Johnson will be replaced by some other scrub just like last year when the Chiefs kept up a constant merry-go-round of players off the street to the roster.

Except the "not even talent" part yes I agree.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Except the "not even talent" part yes I agree.

how could you not?

are the Chiefs signing the most talented free agents?

are the Chiefs drafting the most talented college players?

a resounding "no" to both

i realize this is going to be very difficult for you to say/admit through your rose colored glasses but it's clear that talent isn't the Chiefs top priority.

Character,Type,leadership ... the chiefs are putting a heavy emphasis on the intangibles right now to try and get rid of the bad attitude around Arrowhead. I imagine after they get rid of the culture of losing within the organization then they will start added more talent into a locker strong enough to handle a lesser character type player.

TRR
05-12-2010, 02:46 PM
how could you not?

i realize this is going to be very difficult for you to say/admit through your rose colored glasses but it's clear that talent isn't the Chiefs top priority.

Character,Type,leadership ... the chiefs are putting a heavy emphasis on the intangibles right now to try and get rid of the bad attitude around Arrowhead. I imagine after they get rid of the culture of losing within the organization then they will start added more talent into a locker strong enough to handle a lesser character type player.

Most talented according to who? Last time I checked, Eric Berry, DMc, Arenas and Moeaki were all extremely talented, athletic players. As is Thomas Jones.

I understand your side, but I don't quite understand why you would think Pioli is signing guys that aren't talented (depending on your definition).
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
05-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I took a quick look and here's who's available in FA.
1. Antonio Pierce
2. Adalius Thomas
3. Chaun Thompson

Slim pickings...
Maybe they feel confident in the young LB's currently on the roster?

philfree
05-12-2010, 03:02 PM
how could you not?

So Berry, McCluster and Arenas aren't talented? :spock: Asamoga isn't talented? Lilja isn't Talanted? I guess if those guys aren't talented then you're right. :)

BossChief
05-12-2010, 03:08 PM
We should have taken a shot at this kid. I know he is slow, but we could mask that by playing him as the thumper.

Oh well, he must have stolen a pack of gum in 1988. Fuck em.

Mr. Laz
05-12-2010, 03:15 PM
So Berry, McCluster and Arenas aren't talented? :spock: Asamoga isn't talented? Lilja isn't Talanted? I guess if those guys aren't talented then you're right. :)

where did i say they aren't talented?

Mr. Laz
05-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Most talented according to who? Last time I checked, Eric Berry, DMc, Arenas and Moeaki were all extremely talented, athletic players. As is Thomas Jones.

I understand your side, but I don't quite understand why you would think Pioli is signing guys that aren't talented (depending on your definition).
Posted via Mobile Device
try reading ... i didn't say the guys we are signing are not talented.

i said "Pioli has shown so far that NOTHING is as important to him right now than having a professional,motivated locker room with superb attitude ... not even talent"

direct quote

philfree
05-12-2010, 03:22 PM
where did i say they aren't talented?

I guess you imlpied it with this when you posted "not even talent" . And kind of implied it when you posted

Originally Posted by Laz
how could you not?

philfree
05-12-2010, 03:24 PM
try reading ... i didn't say the guys we are signing are not talented.

i said "Pioli has shown so far that NOTHING is as important to him right now than having a professional,motivated locker room with superb attitude ... not even talent"

direct quote

I think it's a 50/50 proposition between character/football i.q. and talent.