PDA

View Full Version : Life tooth extration tips

MOhillbilly
05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
whos got em?
i broke a molar in a fight last oct. and it didnt come straight away and now i have a hole on the backside where the nerve gets infected. I used some antibiotics i got from the farm and home lasttime it was infected and it cleared it up in about 3 days.

So anyway im tired of this shit. Anyone ever extract a tooth?

im thinking just taking a handfull of norcos and let my bro pull it out w/ pliers/vise grips.
F- a dentist its just one tooth.
pros/cons?

Dicky McElephant
05-12-2010, 04:21 PM
You've got huge fucking balls man. JFC.

nychief
05-12-2010, 04:24 PM
go to a dentist, Cletus.

Bane
05-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Guess it could save you some money,but it will probably be very painful.I've never pulled one myself or with a buddies help.Well not in my adult hood anyway.When I was a kid now,thats a whole different story.

I would just goto the dentist.Too much shit can go wrong in a self extraction,as in infection etc.....

Buck
05-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Either go to a dentist or drink lots of whiskey.

Sofa King
tie a string to a football, and throw the football...

if you pretend like you're Tim Tebow throwing ducks, you'll have fun while you have pain...

MOhillbilly
Guess it could save you some money,but it will probably be very painful.I've never pulled one myself or with a buddies help.Well not in my adult hood anyway.When I was a kid now,thats a whole different story.

I would just goto the dentist.Too much shit can go wrong in a self extraction,as in infection etc.....

i can get any antibiotics the dentist can get and its only pain.

Buck
05-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Just be careful man, that sounds like an infection waiting to happen.

Cannibal
05-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Although I hate going to the dentist and I hate the way the insurance will try to get out of paying the bills, you should still get to the dentist. So many things could go wrong with do it yourself dentistry.

BossChief
05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Please go to the dentist man. If that sucker gets infected just a little, the pain you will have as a consequence will be far worse than the pain you have at times right now.

-King-
05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Go to the dentist. I have no doubt if you do it yourself you'll get an infection.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOhillbilly
05-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Please go to the dentist man. If that sucker gets infected just a little, the pain you will have as a consequence will be far worse than the pain you have at times right now.

again i can get any gram +/- antibiotics the doc can get.

Bane
05-12-2010, 04:30 PM

Well fukk it then.Hell yeah load up on some Jack and coke and hit it with the vise grips......:thumb:

MOhillbilly
05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Well fukk it then.Hell yeah load up on some Jack and coke and hit it with the vise grips......:thumb:

but would i pull it straight up or crack it to the side?

Cannibal
05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Talk with Shtswallower, this sounds like something he's probably done a number of times.

chiefsfan93
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Just dont smoke weed after the pull for 2 weeks, thats the most painfull part!

kstater
05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm going to go with the this is the time to go to the expert crowd.

Pants
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't listen to them, MO. I remember when I was growing up in the old country, my dad's childhood friend came over once (he was dirt poor, had a place to stay but otherwise was pretty much a hobo) showing us how he had pulled out his own infected molar with a pair of pliers. The pain he had WITH the tooth finally got to him so he said he had no choice. If that dude did it, you can def. do it. He had no narcs either. He had Aspirin and vodka.

Good luck either way, man.

BossChief
05-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Just dont smoke weed after the pull for 2 weeks, thats the most painfull part!

or cigs...or drink out of a straw or a number of other things you can read about. There are a number of things that can happen that can lead to a bunch of bs, I would go to the dentist.

If money is tight, there are ways of having a doctor pull it without having to pay for it.

allen_kcCard
05-12-2010, 04:40 PM
The internet says that you don't "pull" the tooth, but rock is side to side to loosen it and break loose the ligaments that hold it in, and then you can slide it out. If you just pull it instead, then the roots can break off and remain inside and then you have to have oral surgery to go in an remove them unless you want a tooth root rotting slowly away inside your gums.

That being said....go to the dentist.

booger
05-12-2010, 04:42 PM

i'd imagine it would come out best straight up.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled/broke out at the dentist office instead of the orthadontist and be put under cause it was cheaper. There was 1 that wasn't all the way through he cut around. I think he basically pulled wherever he could hang onto and broke and took out piece by piece the rest. If you don't get it all in a single pull i imagine that's where you run into trouble with leaving pieces behind.

MOhillbilly
05-12-2010, 04:44 PM
or cigs...or drink out of a straw or a number of other things you can read about. There are a number of things that can happen that can lead to a bunch of bs, I would go to the dentist.

If money is tight, there are ways of having a doctor pull it without having to pay for it.

ive got the money i just dont wanna have to pay the SOB.

booger
05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
The internet says that you don't "pull" the tooth, but rock is side to side to loosen it and break loose the ligaments that hold it in, and then you can slide it out. If you just pull it instead, then the roots can break off and remain inside and then you have to have oral surgery to go in an remove them unless you want a tooth root rotting slowly away inside your gums.

That being said....go to the dentist.

i'd imagine it would come out best straight up.

I think Allen's post makes more sense than my guess. :D

Cannibal
05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
ive got the money i just dont wanna have to pay the SOB.

I don't blame you at all.

BossChief
05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
when I had mine pulled, they rocked it back and fourth like allen said. Not sure if the differrence in tooth dictates how it is pulled though.

OnTheWarpath58
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Paging tooge.

MO, I'd send tooge a PM before you do anything.

That said, I have no idea where you buy your fucking pants - finding a pair that you can get your balls into must be difficult.

Good luck, bro.

booger
05-12-2010, 05:07 PM
try googling DIY tooth extraction or something like that maybe they sell kits, who knows.:D

but you could possibly get some pointers on sterilization and the tools needed and what you have for tools that might work.

just remember to wash the fish guts off the needle nose pliers.

Terribilis
05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
What could go wrong?

DaneMcCloud
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I knew this would be a DIY project, just by reading the thread title.

Goodluck, MO!

Let us know how it turns out!

OnTheWarpath58
05-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Jesus fuck. Don't watch if you're squeamish.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxD5t1yoFLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxD5t1yoFLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tylerthigpen!1!
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
How would you know what antibiotics to give yourself?

vailpass
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
From the web (dentist's point of view on DIY extracation):

You'll have no trouble getting the soft top part out, but in order to get the root out, you're going to have to go digging between the root and the bone with a very slim but extremely strong instrument - kind of exactly like dentists have and know how to use. If you don't do this, you will end up with an infection (if you don't have one already) and more pain than you can imagine. If you do have an infection and try to remove your own tooth, you'll just push it deeper into your jaw bone and end up in bad shape. Those "shards of tooth" will be at the bottom of a hole that is only 4 or 5 mm wide, but 15-20 mm deep. Be careful not to damage the nerve at the bottom of the hole if it's a lower tooth, because this could leave your lip numb for the rest of your life. And whatever you do, don't puncture your maxillary sinus if it's an upper tooth, or you will end up in the hospital with an infection.

The trick to getting teeth out smoothly is to ask someone who has done a hundred or a thousand to do it for you. I'm sure I could not do what you do for a living and you should not try to do what I do for a living. We could both get into a lot of trouble and I know that at least one of us could hurt themselves.

Chiefnj2
05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Please youtube the extraction for us; and the subsequent infection. If you are going to to be true to your moniker you'll use homemade moonshine to dampen the pain.

booger
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
edit: to late. youtube vid already up.

OnTheWarpath58
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
:spock:

Look at the post 4 posts prior to your last, booger.

Extra Point
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Get yourself a pint of Old Crow, a stainless punch, and a 16 oz ball peen hammer; find your ex, and let her go to town!

Otherwise, call the UMKC dental school, and get a good deal on that extraction. If it's an upper molar, that shit will go to straight to your brain, and you don't want that!

booger
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
poor bastard said something about an absess (sp). That could be life threatening.

BossChief
05-12-2010, 05:18 PM
poor bastard said something about an absess (sp). That could be life threatening.

this

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2010, 05:21 PM
http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/hangover_spoilers/ed_helms_tooth.jpg

booger
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM
any place local to rent power tools?

booger
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Didn't Eric Berry intern with a Dentist while in HS or College?

OTA's and practices start up the 17th and the rookies come back to KC then. MO needs to join twitter and get an appt set up.

Dicky McElephant
05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Jesus fuck. Don't watch if you're squeamish.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxD5t1yoFLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxD5t1yoFLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Crazy motherfucker.

Frazod
05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Jesus, dude, don't be a Skip. Go to the fucking dentist. There is way too much downside if you screw it up.

Phobia
05-12-2010, 06:01 PM
7 or 8 years of Meth abuse should fix you up pretty good. Start tomorrow.

sandynme
05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
whos got em?
i broke a molar in a fight last oct. and it didnt come straight away and now i have a hole on the backside where the nerve gets infected. I used some antibiotics i got from the farm and home lasttime it was infected and it cleared it up in about 3 days.

im thinking just taking a handfull of norcos and let my bro pull it out w/ pliers/vise grips.
pros/cons?

get your self a bonafied jackson county meth habit,its our state rock afterall, that troublesome tooth will be gone in no time

sandynme
05-12-2010, 06:32 PM
get your self a bonafied jackson co. meth habit,its our state rock afterall,that troublesome tooth will be gone in no time

kstater
05-12-2010, 06:33 PM
get your self a bonafied jackson county meth habit,its our state rock afterall, that troublesome tooth will be gone in no time

That's a pretty unoriginal joke you got there.

Chiefs Rool
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENMA1HGLT6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ENMA1HGLT6E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I was tryin to find something painful, but I thought this was pretty damn funny

MOhillbilly
05-13-2010, 08:55 AM
How would you know what antibiotics to give yourself?

I was a combat surgeon in a past life.

Started my antibiotics lastnight, feels better. If its not right by middle of next week ill post a pic of the tooth.

Saulbadguy
05-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Translation: I broke my tooth on a banana flavored "runt" while watching Law & Order, and I can't afford a dentist.

Bwana
05-13-2010, 08:59 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Dh_elMeIWA4/Sg7UDezBI_I/AAAAAAAAApE/cf0MQOpzeLc/s400/Teeth_IsItSafe_MarathonMan.jpg

Red Beans
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
My old lady is a Dental Assistant, she says don't. But what the hell does she know? She's marrying me.

Dallas Chief
05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
whos got em?

pros/cons?

1. Stop Fighting. It's obviously bad for your health. We don't want to lose you to any BS.
2. Go to the dentist and have them pull it. Bad dental health can lead to heart troubles and other afflictions you do not want.
3. Make sure they use the demerol. Heaven on earth...
4. Let me know if you have any norcos left over. :D
5. Good luck!

El Jefe
05-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Paging Tooge....

Mile High Mania
05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, if you do this and you get a nasty infection, the nerves die, etc... you can have something nasty spread within you and it could become life threatening.

Just google it... while it may be 'just a tooth', an infection can kick your ass.

GoHuge
05-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I have a tooth that is killing me. Have only two fillings and take care of my teeth but my lower molar two from the back has worn down and is flush with the filling. No other teeth have worn down including the other one with a filling. I can literally get a finger nail under the edges of it. I know what it's going to take to fix it. It's going to need a root canal and crown. My brother just had it done and was $1600. I've got the money, but I can buy alot of Advil and get by. It's not infected just painful when I eat cetain things. Pretty much chew everything on the right side now. Not sure if it's because of this thread, but that fucker is hollering at me right now. Where did I put my Advil.........

ChiefGator
05-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a tooth that is killing me. Have only two fillings and take care of my teeth but my lower molar two from the back has worn down and is flush with the filling. No other teeth have worn down including the other one with a filling. I can literally get a finger nail under the edges of it. I know what it's going to take to fix it. It's going to need a root canal and crown. My brother just had it done and was $1600. I've got the money, but I can buy alot of Advil and get by. It's not infected just painful when I eat cetain things. Pretty much chew everything on the right side now. Not sure if it's because of this thread, but that ****er is hollering at me right now. Where did I put my Advil.........

That's funny, I have a tooth killing me right now. Damn tooth broke a couple months ago, and now I think a nerve is starting to poke out or something. If I something sweet, like a cake or something, within an hour or two it really hurts. usually, it is uncomfortable by noon. Driving me to Advil and to strong rum/scotch drinks the moment I get home.

I called the damn dentist and they said the next appointment I can get is June 24th, but keep calling back in to see if they have a mythical "emergency appointment". I think they are going to keep playing this game until late June.

Luckily, I have fairly decent dental insurance, but we'll see how much a damn root canal costs I guess.

MOhillbilly
05-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I have a tooth that is killing me. Have only two fillings and take care of my teeth but my lower molar two from the back has worn down and is flush with the filling. No other teeth have worn down including the other one with a filling. I can literally get a finger nail under the edges of it. I know what it's going to take to fix it. It's going to need a root canal and crown. My brother just had it done and was $1600. I've got the money, but I can buy alot of Advil and get by. It's not infected just painful when I eat cetain things. Pretty much chew everything on the right side now. Not sure if it's because of this thread, but that ****er is hollering at me right now. Where did I put my Advil.........

mines the same tooth.

Gadzooks
05-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I use the claw of a hammer to get rid of my unwanted teeth.
Mind you, I'm no looker.

Sofa King
05-13-2010, 04:36 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WG036wh8tkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WG036wh8tkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

seclark
05-13-2010, 04:37 PM
bad tooth will make your whole body sick, mo.
dislocated jaw will make it worse.
safety first.
sec

MOhillbilly
05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
bad tooth will make your whole body sick, mo.
dislocated jaw will make it worse.
safety first.
sec

feels better than this morning. The guy whos gonna do it has a medical background and balls enough to get it done.

Want me to autograph it and send it to ya?

seclark
05-13-2010, 04:45 PM
feels better than this morning. The guy whos gonna do it has a medical background and balls enough to get it done.

Want me to autograph it and send it to ya?

:eek:
sure, but let me pay for it this time.
take care of the chicklets!
sec

raybec 4
05-13-2010, 04:45 PM
A dude that worked for me had a seizure because an infection in his tooth made it to his brain. You gotta do somethin, ....sooner better than later.

DonTellMeShowMe
05-13-2010, 04:50 PM
wow this just really sounds like a bad idea

MOhillbilly
05-13-2010, 04:50 PM
A dude that worked for me had a seizure because an infection in his tooth made it to his brain. You gotta do somethin, ....sooner better than later.

seizure smeazer.

MOhillbilly
05-13-2010, 04:51 PM
:eek:
sure, but let me pay for it this time.
take care of the chicklets!
sec

worst part is i see one of the fuckers i got into it with all over downtown.

05-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Pull the tooth already ..

vailpass
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
seizure smeazer.

ROFL

GoHuge
05-13-2010, 05:08 PM
That's funny, I have a tooth killing me right now. Damn tooth broke a couple months ago, and now I think a nerve is starting to poke out or something. If I something sweet, like a cake or something, within an hour or two it really hurts. usually, it is uncomfortable by noon. Driving me to Advil and to strong rum/scotch drinks the moment I get home.

I called the damn dentist and they said the next appointment I can get is June 24th, but keep calling back in to see if they have a mythical "emergency appointment". I think they are going to keep playing this game until late June.

Luckily, I have fairly decent dental insurance, but we'll see how much a damn root canal costs I guess.Yeah I broke two teeth after a motorcycle accident. My upper left tooth right behind my incisor just cracked in half. Doesn't bother me anymore, but yeah eating anything sweet use to make that fucker scream.

As far as a root canal like I said a root canal and crown cost my brother $1600, but his dental insurance paid half. Still $800 is a bitch though.

Over-Head
05-13-2010, 05:13 PM
I watched a guy break a tooth in half biting a candy once, then have him agree to let his buddy, haul it out with a pair of needle nose vice grips.
I'm not sure what must have hurt worse.
The tooth comming out or the chunk of lip that came with it.
Either way, man did that guy scream!!!!!:eek:

googlegoogle
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM
post some photos.

More people should be allowed to be homemade dentists with a few weeks training for pulling teeth out.

Strong pain pills and local anesthetic and a good hammer and chisel.

ChiefGator
05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
As far as a root canal like I said a root canal and crown cost my brother $1600, but his dental insurance paid half. Still $800 is a bitch though.

Glad to hear it wasn't $1600 out of pocket. After a bloody mary and a rum and coke, my tooth's worries are behind me .... for the night.

threebag02
05-13-2010, 09:25 PM

Twist it out when done pack it with a soaked tea bag. You really don't want a dry socket.

Bill Lundberg
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
What ever became of this?

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
What ever became of this?

antibiotics made it better. But when she goes bad again ill post pics.
scouts honor!

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
antibiotics made it better. But when she goes bad again ill post pics.
scouts honor!

no thanks...

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
no thanks...
mob rules.

ChiefGator
05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
I paid $40 and went to an oral surgeon to take out my back tooth. Best $40 I ever spent.

Antibiotics beforehand did help some...

raybec 4
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I paid $40 and went to an oral surgeon to take out my back tooth. Best $40 I ever spent.

Antibiotics beforehand did help some...

$40, wtf was he a barber too? Jeez, I can't even get in the door of a dentist for $40

NewChief
05-25-2010, 03:42 PM
post some photos.

More people should be allowed to be homemade dentists with a few weeks training for pulling teeth out.

Strong pain pills and local anesthetic and a good hammer and chisel.

My dad did a lot of medical mission work as a dentist. When you're in a 3rd world country, extraction is pretty much the solution for all dental woes... as such he did a lot of extractions. According to him, there wasn't much to it, and he would train other people to do them so they could serve more people (they would have 100s of people show up on days they were working, so they were trying to get through as many of them as they could).

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
My dad did a lot of medical mission work as a dentist. When you're in a 3rd world country, extraction is pretty much the solution for all dental woes... as such he did a lot of extractions. According to him, there wasn't much to it, and he would train other people to do them so they could serve more people (they would have 100s of people show up on days they were working, so they were trying to get through as many of them as they could).

any of them work in monett or cassville area these days?

NewChief
05-25-2010, 03:52 PM
any of them work in monett or cassville area these days?

Heh. Afraid not.

-King-
05-25-2010, 04:17 PM
$40, wtf was he a barber too? Jeez, I can't even get in the door of a dentist for $40

This.

When I got my 4 teeth pulled out, we had to pay $300...AFTER insurance had paid the majority of the cost.

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM
This.

When I got my 4 teeth pulled out, we had to pay $300...AFTER insurance had paid the majority of the cost.

quit eating gravel...

vailpass
05-25-2010, 04:34 PM
mob rules.

Why did reading that make me want to go to the Mason Jar and get trashed tonight?

Sofa King
05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Why did reading that make me want to go to the Mason Jar and get trashed tonight?

alcholic maybe?

MOhillbilly
05-25-2010, 04:39 PM

my friends make fun cause i use empty mason jars when they have clean cups.

ChiefGator
05-25-2010, 06:02 PM
This.

Yeah, I guess I have pretty good insurance. Did they knock you under for 4 teeth? I keep hearing that it is common when they remove all 4 wisdom teeth.

Der Flöprer
05-25-2010, 09:39 PM
You can bleed out if you have high blood pressure. Be careful dude.

cdcox
05-25-2010, 09:47 PM

When I first got married I went to see the local dentist in the small town where my wife had lived. The guy was way old, but I got a check up and cleaning for what at the time was about what I paid for a hair cut. It was ridiculously cheap, like $12. That was the total cost, without insurance.