PDA

View Full Version : Life Smellympics - Round 8, the Championship Bout.

Rain Man
05-12-2010, 05:44 PM
From an infinite number of smells, 140 were selected from the tournament. Through 7 rounds and 30 heats, they duked it out to remain atop high ground. And now, at the end of the road, two succulent competitors remain. Let's go down to the ring.

In this corner, weighing in at a serving size of one cookie (16 grams), and 78 calories (41 from fat), we have CHOCOLATE CHIP COOOOOKIES COMING OUUUUUUUT OF THE OVVVVVVVVVEN!

And in this corner, weighing in at a serving size of one strip (5 grams), and 16 calories (13 from fat), we have BAAAAAAACOONNNNNNNN FRYYYYYYYINNNNNG!

Let's get READDDDDDY to RUMMMMMMMMBLE!

Hammock Parties
05-12-2010, 05:47 PM
VOTE COOKIE.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ic4mqh.jpg

niblet
05-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I stopped voting when gasoline was eliminated.

Gonzo
05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
I voted for all three, BWA HA HA HA HA!!!11

Your poll is now flawed!!!2eleventy3

(J/K ) ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bugeater
05-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Why is this a multiple choice poll?

patteeu
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
For some of you who are disappointed about your favorite smells being eliminated in earlier rounds, let me encourage you to consider voting for bacon.

For those who were partial to the smell of baked bread, you'd surely appreciate the smell of baked bacon bread:

http://www.sucheela.net/images/food/bacon-bread-1.jpg

Anyone who wanted to see coffee go all the way would be happy to know that bacon makes a wonderful coffee cup:

http://nursemyra.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/bacon-coffe-cup.jpg

And for the pervs among us who felt the need to overcompensate for their lack of female attention by pretending that the various smells of women and their private parts can somehow compete with wonderful wholesome smells like the air after rain, bacon which has been used as a bra will retain a hint of that smell you find so dear:

http://www.deadslow.com/images/bacon_bra_3.jpg

Vote bacon.

Chiefs Rool
05-12-2010, 06:19 PM
bacon wins, why you ask? because I bet that bacon would taste great in chocolate chip cookies.

LaChapelle
05-12-2010, 06:24 PM
A woman can bake in nothing but an apron
and bendover will pulling out a cookie sheet
Amish women roll down their long sleeves while cooking bacon

Renegade
05-12-2010, 07:24 PM
If they made a bacon flavored perfume, there would be no need for the little blue pill.

teedubya
05-12-2010, 07:28 PM
fuck bacon.

Bwana
05-12-2010, 07:38 PM
**** bacon.

You may want to shoot Hog Farmer a PM, I think he may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Crush
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nT9P8MMpsE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nT9P8MMpsE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
You may want to shoot Hog Farmer a PM, I think he may be able to guide you in the right direction.

LMAO

Rain Man
05-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Sexy girl scouts aside, I think I need to call this fight before it gets out of hand.

Ladies and gentlemen, the best smell on earth is bacon frying.

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 07:33 AM
BACON IS A FREAKING JUGGERNAUT!

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Sexy girl scouts aside...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DWinter/ChrisHanson.png

KurtCobain
05-13-2010, 07:55 AM
So, just to clear this up, did we vote for the actual food frying? Or did we vote this way because we enjoy the smell of a policeman being stuck in a tanning bed?

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I wondered that, too. Then I discovered that I simply could not choose between cookies and bacon. So I voted for both. I think I'm gonna make some chocolate chip bacon cookies...

Rain Man
05-13-2010, 08:32 AM

Because someone could vote for Options 1 and 3 or Options 2 and 3. I earn my money thinking about stuff like this (tapping noggin).

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 08:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DWinter/ChrisHanson.png

oh, come ON! pedophile line (sexy girl scout?)?!? chris hanson (of 'to catch a predator' fame)?!?

nobody thought this was anything? screw you guys anyway. that was clever as SHIT.

Bugeater
05-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Because someone could vote for Options 1 and 3 or Options 2 and 3. I earn my money thinking about stuff like this (tapping noggin).
Wouldn't that be contradictory?

Rain Man
05-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Wouldn't that be contradictory?

Well, yes. But life is messy. And so is polling.

Rausch
05-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the best smell on earth is bacon frying.

Not if she's ugly...

DaKCMan AP
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
I have stayed out of this tournament thus far. Now, since it has reached the Championship level, the Awesome input of DaKCMan AP is appropriate.

This is a clear choice. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are delicious and smell wonderful. While they are not healthy, neither is bacon. Furthermore, bacon smells like ass, tastes gross and is not kosher.

Vote cookies because it's the Awesome choice, like DaKCMan AP.

If bacon wins it only proves that Awesomeness is a rare quality not exhibited or meant for all.

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:21 AM
I have stayed out of this tournament thus far. Now, since it has reached the Championship level, the Awesome input of DaKCMan AP is appropriate.

This is a clear choice. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies are delicious and smell wonderful. While they are not healthy, neither is bacon. Furthermore, bacon smells like ass, tastes gross and is not kosher.

If bacon wins it only proves that Awesomeness is a rare quality not exhibited or meant for all.

do you know how I know you're gay and not awesome? you don't like bacon. that's fucking unamerican.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2010, 09:22 AM
This appears to be wrapped up. Does everyone want to do the Herolympics next, wherein we pit cinema's greatest action heroes against each other?

Renegade
05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
This appears to be wrapped up. Does everyone want to do the Herolympics next, wherein we pit cinema's greatest action heroes against each other?

No, Rainman said up next is Cool War Uniforms. That should be a fun one.

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:30 AM

leave it to the professionals, boy.

DaKCMan AP
05-13-2010, 09:31 AM
do you know how I know you're gay and not awesome? you don't like bacon. that's ****ing unamerican.

Thanks for proving my point. You lack Awesomeness. Bacon predates America. Chocolate chip cookies were invented in America and are truly American. DaKCMan AP is Awesome. You are fail.

Pants
05-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Bacon is a disgusting, greasy-ass mess to me. I never understood people's obsession with it, but that's why tastes are subjective.

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for proving my point. You lack Awesomeness. Bacon predates America. Chocolate chip cookies were invented in America and are truly American. DaKCMan AP is Awesome. You are fail.

:spock:

you've gotta be one of the strangest and most unoriginal of the message board personalities. I mean, come on. at least blueballs is original. you're just a maddox (.xmission.com) ripoff... I'M AWESOME YOU'RE NOT. seriously? fucking seriously?

loochy
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM
You know what? I don't agree with those that have put bacon into the lead. I think cookies are clearly the superior smell.

However, I feel good knowing that I did my part and I voted in every Smellylympics heat. And for that, I feel patriotic.

:arrow:I salute you Chiefsplanet.:arrow:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_whqZIrBAXKA/SCDLstNIEbI/AAAAAAAAAEY/c9jKuPPTreg/s400/rock+the+vote.gif

KurtCobain
05-13-2010, 09:35 AM

you've gotta be one of the strangest and most unoriginal of the message board personalities. I mean, come on. at least blueballs is original. you're just a maddox (.xmission.com) ripoff... I'M AWESOME YOU'RE NOT. seriously? ****ing seriously?

He's awesomely serious.

And kinda lame too.

mlyonsd
05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
You may want to shoot Hog Farmer a PM, I think he may be able to guide you in the right direction.ROFL

DaKCMan AP
05-13-2010, 09:37 AM

you've gotta be one of the strangest and most unoriginal of the message board personalities. I mean, come on. at least blueballs is original. you're just a maddox (.xmission.com) ripoff... I'M AWESOME YOU'RE NOT. seriously? ****ing seriously?

Correct, you are not Awesome. You are lame. Like Bacon.

Bugeater
05-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Yes, it's seriously lame and played out. I put his awesomeness on ignore well over a year ago.

ArrowheadHawk
05-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Bacon and Cookies. CP, Where fatasses go to congregate. :thumb:

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Correct, you are not Awesome. You are lame. Like Bacon.

that's the worst insult I've ever heard... if I'm as lame as bacon, I'm one of the most popular meats in america. great, women want my meat!

way to think it through, brah. you know who you remind me a bit of? there used to be a guy who typed in all caps whose username was CASHMAN. he signed off on every post as something like CASHMAAAAAAAN. it was hilarious and sad all at the same time, which is why you remind me of him in your posting style... hilarious and sad all at the same time. a bit like napolean dynamite: no substance, no style, but humorous in the absurdity of it.

KurtCobain
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes, it's seriously lame and played out. I put his awesomeness on ignore well over a year ago.

And I've never thought there was anything awesome about using 'da' in replace of 'the'. That's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Chiefs Rool
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
that's the worst insult I've ever heard... if I'm as lame as bacon, I'm one of the most popular meats in america. great, women want my meat!

way to think it through, brah. you know who you remind me a bit of? there used to be a guy who typed in all caps whose username was CASHMAN. he signed off on every post as something like CASHMAAAAAAAN. it was hilarious and sad all at the same time, which is why you remind me of him in your posting style... hilarious and sad all at the same time. a bit like napolean dynamite: no substance, no style, but humorous in the absurdity of it.

if someone is as lame as bacon. That would make them not lame? In fact, that would make them awesome!

ArrowheadHawk
05-13-2010, 09:43 AM

way to think it through, brah. you know who you remind me a bit of? there used to be a guy who typed in all caps whose username was CASHMAN. he signed off on every post as something like CASHMAAAAAAAN. it was hilarious and sad all at the same time, which is why you remind me of him in your posting style... hilarious and sad all at the same time. a bit like napolean dynamite: no substance, no style, but humorous in the absurdity of it.http://imgsrv.wbee.com/image/wbee/UserFiles/Image/dog%20the%20bounty%20hunter.jpg

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
if someone is as lame as bacon. That would make them not lame? In fact, that would make them awesome!

that's like calling cheesecake lame. if the meaning of lame is shifted in the other direction such that lame=great, sign me up. sure, cheesecake is lame. what do we call the truly horrific things if we take away the words for lame?

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
http://imgsrv.wbee.com/image/wbee/UserFiles/Image/dog%20the%20bounty%20hunter.jpg

ROFL

he was in springfield a month or so ago doing a book signing. I was driving down the road and saw his RV/tour bus with his face on the side of it. it made me kinda chuckle; wonder if the torpedo twins were with him (his wife)?

Chiefs Rool
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
I wish I was as lame as bacon

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:47 AM
I wish I was as lame as bacon

indeed.

loochy
05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Bacon rigged the election through illegal contributions from Big Bacon. I call for campaign reform NOW! :cuss:

KurtCobain
05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
I think awesomeness is overrated.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2010, 09:54 AM
leave it to the professionals, boy.

I actually have experience spamming the shit out of Chiefsplanet with polls. Who can forget the greatest planeteer competition of...was it 08? 07?

'twas legendary.

But it's just an idea, Rain Man could do it if he's interested. I think it would be a lot more fun than voting on uniforms, people are pretty attached to their movie heroes. It would also be fun to see what off the wall nominations are posted.

KurtCobain
05-13-2010, 09:58 AM
I actually have experience spamming the shit out of Chiefsplanet with polls. Who can forget the greatest planeteer competition of...was it 08? 07?

'twas legendary.

But it's just an idea, Rain Man could do it if he's interested. I think it would be a lot more fun than voting on uniforms, people are pretty attached to their movie heroes. It would also be fun to see what off the wall nominations are posted.

Randall Graves from Clerks counts as a movie hero, right?

Ebolapox
05-13-2010, 09:58 AM

'twas legendary.

I know, and I kinda agree. that would be a great summer diversion... hell, we could have a greatest comic book hero/villain, best actor, we could run the gambit (heh, x-men geeks will get that one).

Pants
05-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Someone is taking something a little too seriously and it ain't dakcapman. LOL.

Rain Man
05-13-2010, 10:20 AM

That seems reasonable. Should I put it on the list, or would you like to lead it? I'm committed to doing uniforms first, but that's the only one on my list right now.

We would need to specify if it's your favorite hero, your greatest hero, America's greatest hero, etc.

HemiEd
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Both smells are great. My favorite is the cinnamon rolls, but I am reminded how many times out on the golf course, you smell someone making breakfast and that bacon smell makes you instantly want to join them.

Today, the smell after the rain was awesome.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2010, 10:48 AM
That seems reasonable. Should I put it on the list, or would you like to lead it? I'm committed to doing uniforms first, but that's the only one on my list right now.

We would need to specify if it's your favorite hero, your greatest hero, America's greatest hero, etc.

I'm cool with you doing it.

It should be personal favorite Hollywood action hero, but a lot of people are going to like the same characters, so we should strive to allow one nomination per poster.

mlyonsd
05-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Both smells are great. My favorite is the cinnamon rolls, but I am reminded how many times out on the golf course, you smell someone making breakfast and that bacon smell makes you instantly want to join them.

Today, the smell after the rain was awesome.

ROFL Are you running for office?

patteeu
05-13-2010, 11:41 AM

It's awesome that you cast a vote after the election results have already been tabulated and the winner declared. It's even more awesome that you voted for the clear loser.

DaKCMan AP
05-13-2010, 11:50 AM
It's awesome that you cast a vote after the election results have already been tabulated and the winner declared. It's even more awesome that you voted for the clear loser.

Awesomely legendary.