PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports SpyGate II

Amnorix
05-13-2010, 08:40 AM
So the Phillies bullpen coach was caught with binoculars watching the Rockies' catcher.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37111954/ns/sports-baseball/

I think Arlen Specter should talk about Congressional inquiries. Should the Phillies have their recent WS championship marked with an asterisk forever? Where's the outrage over this blantant cheating!!! Inquiring minds want to know.

Simply Red
05-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Phuck 'em.

blaise
05-13-2010, 08:46 AM
They're Phanatic about winning.

Gonzo
05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Like sign stealing doesn't happen in just about every game. He just got caught.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
There would be plenty of outrage if anyone actually gave a shit about baseball.

Sofa King
05-13-2010, 08:57 AM
didn't Mauer get caught tipping of pitches to Kubal last year?

loochy
05-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Like using steroids doesn't happen in just about every clubhouse. He just got caught.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

Dylan
05-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Glad to see that you acknowledged Spygate I. ;)

Sure-Oz
05-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I thought this might be about Sleepgate wtih griffey and sweeney calling a boycott on a reporter and wanting to fight the guy who tattled.

Garcia Bronco
05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Glad to see that you acknowledged Spygate I. ;)

Yep...LOL

HotRoute
05-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Cheating is so common in baseball these days I have just become numb to it all.

Demonpenz
05-13-2010, 01:35 PM
he could have just borrowed my phone and watched the games on my phone and used his phone to txt the batter. LOL for outside LMAO for inside.

Pushead2
05-13-2010, 01:50 PM
honestly who gives a flying fuck...

ArrowheadHawk
05-13-2010, 02:02 PM
honestly who gives a flying ****...You do see the irony of a guy with a Nascar avatar saying this don't you?

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-13-2010, 02:21 PM
You do see the irony of a guy with a Nascar avatar saying this don't you?
NASCAR's following has grown in the last decade, while baseball's has declined.

Von Dumbass
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
At least they weren't videotaping them. The Patriots didn't just steal signals, they videotaped walkthroughs before Super Bowls, cheated the injury report, and secretly practiced players who were on IR.

Belicheat should have been banished from the NFL.

blaise
05-13-2010, 02:25 PM
At least they weren't videotaping them. The Patriots didn't just steal signals, they videotaped walkthroughs before Super Bowls, cheated the injury report, and secretly practiced players who were on IR.

Belicheat should have been banished from the NFL.

That does seem like a cheap thing to do. Now crying about fan noise and complaining to the refs, that's what integrity and sportsmanship is all about.

Chiefburger
05-13-2010, 02:36 PM
So the Phillies bullpen coach was caught with binoculars watching the Rockies' catcher.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37111954/ns/sports-baseball/

I think Arlen Specter should talk about Congressional inquiries. Should the Phillies have their recent WS championship marked with an asterisk forever? Where's the outrage over this blantant cheating!!! Inquiring minds want to know.

first, the only thing the bullpen coach is guilty of using binoculars, not stealing signs. But even if he was, why is that so wrong? Stealing signs is part of the game. Phils manager Charlie Manuel reasons this bitching all stems from them being bitches:

"Because we beat them," Manuel said of the reason for multiple accusations. "That's why. What the hell? Keep crying. I'm sure if they can steal signs they'll steal them. And believe we will, too, if we can get them. Yeah, we will. Legally. If you're dumb enough to let us get them then that's your fault. That's been in the game for a long time."

And it's funny you question the integrity of the Phils championship when the Red Sox needed juice, juice and more juice to win their two. Go Phils.

Amnorix
05-13-2010, 02:42 PM
first, the only thing the bullpen coach is guilty of using binoculars, not stealing signs. But even if he was, why is that so wrong? Stealing signs is part of the game. Phils manager Charlie Manuel reasons this bitching all stems from them being bitches:

"Because we beat them," Manuel said of the reason for multiple accusations. "That's why. What the hell? Keep crying. I'm sure if they can steal signs they'll steal them. And believe we will, too, if we can get them. Yeah, we will. Legally. If you're dumb enough to let us get them then that's your fault. That's been in the game for a long time."

And it's funny you question the integrity of the Phils championship when the Red Sox needed juice, juice and more juice to win their two. Go Phils.

Just pointing out that stealing signs in all sports is older than anybody on this board.

Baseball is fundamentally unfair in so many ways its hardly worthy of being called a "sport", to be honest, so you won't find me upholding the integrity of the Red Sox or any other baseball franchise.

blaise
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM

First off, come on, they were stealing the signs with the binoculars. Give me a break. Stealing signs is part of the game, but I don't think using binoculars is used very often. And if you get caught of course people are going to say something. If a pitcher catches someone doing it he's going to plunk someone, so what is Manuel talking about? Sounds like he's the one crying.

Chiefburger
05-13-2010, 03:13 PM
First off, come on, they were stealing the signs with the binoculars. Give me a break. Stealing signs is part of the game, but I don't think using binoculars is used very often. And if you get caught of course people are going to say something. If a pitcher catches someone doing it he's going to plunk someone, so what is Manuel talking about? Sounds like he's the one crying.

Every team tries to gain a competitive advantage over their foe; if they're not -- to paraphrase a line I can't think of -- then they're not trying. I really don't see the big hubbub about stealing signs, even with a device. It just adds to the competitive element, IMO.

Even so, I'm not gonna concede the binoculars were used that way. The evidence is flimsy, so rather than rush to judgment, let's think about why he could've needed binoculars; i don't know, maybe to see the plate clearly from the dugout? He's allowed to see the plate, where the action starts, I think. Case closed.

Face it, after getting embarrassed last year, the Rockies are still drunk on sour grapes.

Dylan
05-13-2010, 04:07 PM
You do see the irony of a guy with a Nascar avatar saying this don't you?

ROFL

it's like a freakin' horse & pony show... run by a drunk & failure! ROFL

ROFL ... too funny!