PDA

View Full Version : Poop KC woman allows 13 and 14 year olds to get drunk at party

OnTheWarpath58
05-13-2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/33EFEE4266537222862577220072602A?OpenDocument

KC woman let teens get drunk at daughter's 14th birthday party
ASSOCIATED PRESS
05/13/2010

PLATTE CITY, Mo. -- A Kansas City woman has pleaded guilty to felony child endangerment for letting six young teenagers get drunk at her daughter's 14th birthday party.

Forty-four-year-old Karen Downs entered the plea Thursday in Platte County Circuit Court. Sentencing is scheduled for July 8.

Prosecutors said Downs hosted a party and sleepover in February 2009 for her daughter and five other girls, ages 13 and 14.

Police were called around 2 a.m. and found two of the girls passed out. They were taken to a hospital, where one girl had a blood-alcohol content of .218.

The teens said Downs offered $10 to the girl who could chug a glass of vodka the fastest. Police reported finding 60 to 70 empty beer bottles and several empty bottles of bourbon, vodka and whiskey in the home.

The girl with the .218 is very lucky to be alive.

Pestilence
05-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Why were the police called? Someone from inside the house?

Bugeater
05-13-2010, 05:44 PM
http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

ArrowheadHawk
05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
An example of how parenting is ruining the country.

aturnis
05-13-2010, 05:46 PM
.218 does not mean death. That is what they tell you the L.D. is. It's bullshirt. I'm sure some people will die at that point, but the frequency of events where someone I know or read about in the newspaper is not only above that, but at times, double that proves it wrong.

Also, though it was HILARIOUS when the first time I read the header I read: "K.C. Wolf allows 13 and 14 year olds to get drunk at party" haha rofl

Anyway, carry on.

Also, I don't endorse children of that age drinking. I think they should wait until they can drive.

HoneyBadger
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
This woman will definitely be invited to more Jr. High parties!

Count Zarth
05-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Hootie's mom is awesome.

KCrockaholic
05-13-2010, 05:58 PM
This happens all the time around where I live.

PunkinDrublic
05-13-2010, 05:59 PM
That's all well and good but you don't want kids drinking at an elementry school level of proficiency.

Sure-Oz
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Glass of vodka? fuck that

sedated
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
easy pussy

LaChapelle
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
"Police reported finding 60 to 70 empty beer bottles and several empty bottles of bourbon, vodka and whiskey in the home."

The other people to help consume that
had to be on patrol duty at midnight

Rain Man
05-13-2010, 06:28 PM

My guess is that at least one of the girls was a mean drunk.

Count Zarth
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
I don't think I've ever had 10 beers in one night.

One of those girls had 10 beers. Or more.

Rain Man
05-13-2010, 06:48 PM

Maybe you just never had a 44 year-old woman trying to score with you.

Ziinnnnng!

CrazyPhuD
05-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Heh one of the guys I knew in college had the nickname .54.

BIG K
05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't endorse children of that age drinking. I think they should wait until they can drive.

Awesome! "I am sorry officer, I was too drunk to walk so I had to drive....":)

SPchief
05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Obviously trying to be a "cool" mom

BIG K
05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Obviously trying to be a "cool" mom

This thread is worthless with out pics of the gutter whore who dispensed the alcohol........:)

Crush
05-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Glass of vodka? fuck that

Exactly. (It is the new This.)

The_Doctor10
05-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm all for parents who have the mindset 'I know my kids are gonna drink so I'd rather they do it where I can make sure they're ok', but that's at age 16, 17, maybe late 15 at the earliest. 14 year olds shouldn't need alcohol to have fun, and betting a 14 year old who can chug a glass of vodka is friggen ridiculous. Asking them to chug a beer is less retarded but not by much... seriously, get the kids some pizza and send them to laser tag. I'm 21 and that sounds like fun now, I can't imagine there are that many 13-14 year olds who are like 'screw that man, i wanna get blasted'. And if there are, they deserve what they get.

Short Leash Hootie
05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
meh...first time I drank a beer I was 14 or 15 and we had to mix it with mountain lightning because none of us could stand the taste...

I can only imagine if we were drinking liquor...we would have been retarded..thank god it was only beer

KurtCobain
05-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Vodka is some nasty shit when you have tastebuds that young.

big nasty kcnut
05-14-2010, 01:16 AM
I was 13 when my brother who was 18 had his kegger at my folks house that was totally awesome.

ClevelandBronco
05-14-2010, 01:17 AM
meh...first time I drank a beer I was 14 or 15 and we had to mix it with mountain lightning because none of us could stand the taste...

Oh, sure. That sounds much better.

:Lin:

Cool. It's even the right color.

BWillie
05-14-2010, 01:26 AM
.218 does not mean death. That is what they tell you the L.D. is. It's bullshirt. I'm sure some people will die at that point, but the frequency of events where someone I know or read about in the newspaper is not only above that, but at times, double that proves it wrong.

Also, though it was HILARIOUS when the first time I read the header I read: "K.C. Wolf allows 13 and 14 year olds to get drunk at party" haha rofl

Anyway, carry on.

Also, I don't endorse children of that age drinking. I think they should wait until they can drive.

I've never understood how people can possibly drink themselves to death. I mean I have been beyond f*cked up many times, and never was I even close to having to go to the hospital. I realize the people that can just down shots can probably do it. Maybe I'm just a pussy, but I can't do more than two shots in a row, and after I do two shots in a row I really can't look at alcohol for another ten minutes or I'll just upchuck all over. It's a human reaction so you don't kill yourself. I guess most people don't have it.

morphius
05-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm all for parents who have the mindset 'I know my kids are gonna drink so I'd rather they do it where I can make sure they're ok', but that's at age 16, 17, maybe late 15 at the earliest. 14 year olds shouldn't need alcohol to have fun, and betting a 14 year old who can chug a glass of vodka is friggen ridiculous. Asking them to chug a beer is less retarded but not by much... seriously, get the kids some pizza and send them to laser tag. I'm 21 and that sounds like fun now, I can't imagine there are that many 13-14 year olds who are like 'screw that man, i wanna get blasted'. And if there are, they deserve what they get.
I started drinking @13, lol.

But I've never been drunk either, so...

Short Leash Hootie
05-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Oh, sure. That sounds much better.

:Lin:

Cool. It's even the right color.

Oh it was gross...

but at the time...shit, we had no idea...we all thought we were "drunk" after a half beer/half mountain lightning...way too young to be drinking

Buck's Dad
05-14-2010, 02:15 AM
When 218 girl gets out of the hospital, I'll give her some more.

A1DonkKiller
05-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Nothing I'm proud of, but when I was 13, I drank almost a full bottle of Tequila because a guy challenged me and said he would give me a cig for it. I did it. Later on that night, I started defecating myself and throwing my own crap at people. I reverted to primate monkey mode. I guess I also had an exorcist projectile vomiting incident, but I slept it off and woke up the next day okay. I'm guessing my blood alcohol content was ridiculous.

BWillie
05-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Nothing I'm proud of, but when I was 13, I drank almost a full bottle of Tequila because a guy challenged me and said he would give me a cig for it. I did it. Later on that night, I started defecating myself and throwing my own crap at people. I reverted to primate monkey mode. I guess I also had an exorcist projectile vomiting incident, but I slept it off and woke up the next day okay. I'm guessing my blood alcohol content was ridiculous.

I don't care, 13 or not. You are a idiot

Buck's Dad
05-14-2010, 02:41 AM

Learn how to use the words 'a' and 'an' you idiot.

A1DonkKiller
05-14-2010, 03:17 AM

I was AN idiot.... like I said, nothing I'm proud of but thanks for pointing that out.

Buck's Dad
05-14-2010, 03:20 AM
I was AN idiot.... like I said, nothing I'm proud of but thanks for pointing that out.

kudos

Von Dumbass
05-14-2010, 03:47 AM

My senior year of HS me and my buddy bonged an entire 24 pack each of Budweiser. I think I wound up drinking more that night because I guess I was dropped off at my parents house and I woke up that morning in the yard with 5 or 6 Natty Light cans scattered around me. The last thing I remember doing that night was counting my beeramid after I bonged my last beer.

I don't drink anymore though and haven't had a sip of alcohol since before I turned 21.

Fruit Ninja
05-14-2010, 03:56 AM
i got drunk my first time at 13. think it was the summer going into the 9th grade. Difference is my mom didnt allow it, i did it anyways with some friends who were a little older then me.

Didnt do it after that for another year and a half or so. I did smoke and drink pot alot in highschool though and a few other things, but one of my best friends parents would go to Mexico a few times a month and bring back some hard liquor and it was one and crackin. lol

Sully
05-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Mark Chmura is pissed he wasn't invited.

OnTheWarpath58
05-14-2010, 07:35 AM

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
05-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Mark Chmura is pissed he wasn't invited.Awesome! ROFL

RockChalk
05-14-2010, 07:44 AM

Still curious about this one. The girls must have been going in/out of the house and being loud. I would guess neighbors called the police.

If it was one of the girls at the party, then I feel bad for her. She likely won't have any friends through high school for doing that. She probably did the "right" thing, but not in the eyes of her peers.

COchief
05-14-2010, 07:45 AM
I did smoke and drink pot

Gee really, I never would have guessed that...

:Pimp:

MOhillbilly
05-14-2010, 07:49 AM

You never had ten beers or ten girls in your life. ever.

But i bet you have ten starwars figures still in the package.

MOhillbilly
05-14-2010, 07:52 AM
you guys drinkin stories are full of fail.

Fuckin weak sauce.

Reerun_KC
05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Learn how to use the words 'a' and 'an' you idiot.

proper CP spelling is.... Just for future reference....

Your and Idoit...

Sofa King
05-14-2010, 08:11 AM
you guys drinkin stories are full of fail.

****in weak sauce.

if true, the monkey shit story was pretty good/gross...... IMO..

If you drink enough booze over the course of your life (especially HS and College when you don't give a crap) then you're bound to have some pretty awesome alcohol stories.... there's no way of preventing them...

DaFace
05-14-2010, 08:31 AM

Yeah, the age thing isn't really that big of a concern for me personally - kids that age drink in Europe all the time. However, there's a big difference in letting a kid have a beer and challenging them to a chugging contest with hard liquor.

MOhillbilly
05-14-2010, 08:31 AM
we was drinkin 175s of beam when the rest of the kids were drinkin coors.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Maybe they invited R. Kelly instead?

joesomebody
05-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Drinking at that age isn't that hard to believe. A couple 4 packs of Wine Coolers should have been fine though for a group of 13 and 14 year old girls to have a good time. I almost wonder if the mom was trying to make the girls never want to drink again... sort of the make em smoke a whole carton of cigarettes type of cure.

Encouraging anyone to drink a full glass of straight vodka is just stupid. I don't think I could drink a full glass of vodka if I wanted to. Based on the story, I'm guessing it was Aristocrat or Congress to top it off.

Deberg_1990
05-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Im wondering if this is the type of Mom who had a daughter at 14?

MOhillbilly
05-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Im wondering if this is the type of Mom who had a daughter at 14?

didnt read the article or cant do basic math?

Deberg_1990
05-14-2010, 09:08 AM
didnt read the article or cant do basic math?

Oops....cant do basic math

RedNFeisty
05-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Still curious about this one. The girls must have been going in/out of the house and being loud. I would guess neighbors called the police.

If it was one of the girls at the party, then I feel bad for her. She likely won't have any friends through high school for doing that. She probably did the "right" thing, but not in the eyes of her peers.

Maybe one girl called her parents after getting extremely sick. Or got scared after the other girls passed out?

RedNFeisty
05-14-2010, 09:16 AM
It is one thing to let 17 or 18 yr old's drink in your house to make sure they don't drink and drive, I might, might let mine do something like that. However, if I found out my 13 or 14 got plowed at a house with the parents presents, I would have a serious problem with that so, therefore, the parents would have a serious problem with me.

morphius
05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah, the age thing isn't really that big of a concern for me personally - kids that age drink in Europe all the time. However, there's a big difference in letting a kid have a beer and challenging them to a chugging contest with hard liquor.
Well put, it is one thing to let your kids have a few drinks and I don't have any real issue with that. But to encourage binge drinking...