PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV "HOUSE," WOW, what a strong strong episode!

Frankie
05-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Tonight's episode, was possibly the greatest episode of the whole series. Did anyone watch?

We like House enough to watch every week and move on. I collect my favorite shows on DVD. House falls just short of that. But tonight's episode was so heavy. Wow!

Are there any House watchers out there in the PC land?

KChiefs1
05-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Definitely in the top 5 all-time.

Reaper16
05-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't think by any stretch was it top-5 of the series. It was a good episode but nothing more. Hugh Laurie was particularly strong. The last scene was groan-inducing, inevitable thought it was. Is anyone looking forward to more House + Cuddy relationship drama? Blech.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I thought it was a good episode. Was that the season finale? 24 is taking 2 hours next week.

Reaper16
05-17-2010, 11:13 PM
I thought it was a good episode. Was that the season finale? 24 is taking 2 hours next week.
Yeah, that was the season finale.

Mrs. Flopnuts
05-17-2010, 11:13 PM

This.

Silock
05-17-2010, 11:52 PM
I thought it was good. Instead of House falling back into the same old crap, he moved forward. Important step for the character.

Miles
05-18-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't think by any stretch was it top-5 of the series. It was a good episode but nothing more. Hugh Laurie was particularly strong. The last scene was groan-inducing, inevitable thought it was. Is anyone looking forward to more House + Cuddy relationship drama? Blech.

This. Plus it introduced more 13 very likely Huntington's drama that has fortunately been absent for much of this season. Outside of her being exceptionally attractive, I really prefer the character with the sword of Damocles style approach, rather than actually suffering through the disease.

irishjayhawk
05-18-2010, 05:35 AM

Took words out of my mouth.

Sidenote for those who didn't know: The episode was shot on a Canon 5D still camera. Pretty awesome.

Brock
05-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Episode of House was a House episode.

Pestilence
05-18-2010, 09:17 AM
I thought it was a damn good episode. I didn't care for the whole House/Cuddy thing at the end....but whatever.....he can only be a sarcastic bastard for so long I guess.

Reaper16
05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Sidenote for those who didn't know: The episode was shot on a Canon 5D still camera. Pretty awesome.
Nifty. I don't know enough about cameras to know anything specific but I could tell two seconds into the episode that there was some kind of special camera treatment or something going on.

KevB
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Nifty. I don't know enough about cameras to know anything specific but I could tell two seconds into the episode that there was some kind of special camera treatment or something going on.

They didn't do the normal intro either. As if they wanted to immediately immerse the viewer in the destruction caused by the crane, making the episode raw as opposed to the usual polish.

Frankie
05-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Is anyone looking forward to more House + Cuddy relationship drama? Blech.

Actually yes. Cuddy and the younger guy was a mismatch pairing. But way worse than that was the 13 and Foreman romance. I just COULD NOT stand it.

Frankie
05-18-2010, 02:47 PM

?!!

Explain please.

AustinChief
05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
?!!

Explain please.
They used this...

http://savannara.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/canon_5d_mark_ii_400pix3.jpg

...to film the episode. Recorded directly to CF cards.

Silock
05-24-2011, 02:34 AM
So, how about this season? Holy shit. Episode 22, "After Hours." Holy. Fucking. Shit.

You want to talk about top-5 episodes in the series? That was it.

Buehler445
05-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Just bought all the seasons on DVD. I've watched a bunch of episodes on USA and can't get enough of this show.

Brock
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Episode of House was a House episode.

pr_capone
05-24-2011, 07:36 PM
That episode was great until they poured weaksauce all over it at the end. Such fucking bullshit.

KevB
05-24-2011, 07:53 PM
That episode was great until they poured weaksauce all over it at the end. Such ****ing bullshit.

Agreed, the ending was TERRIBLE. I love House, but not sure I can come back to it next year after that ending.

Frankie
05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I deleted the episode from the DVR before rechecking something as I got distracted. What did Afsoun say to House that made him go to Cutty's house at the end?

pr_capone
05-24-2011, 10:21 PM
I deleted the episode from the DVR before rechecking something as I got distracted. What did Afsoun say to House that made him go to Cutty's house at the end?

Invited him to go to a bar. House picked a bar where they could stop by Cutty's on the way there. He had decided to give back the hair brush.

Frankie
05-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Invited him to go to a bar. House picked a bar where they could stop by Cutty's on the way there. He had decided to give back the hair brush.

Afsoun Hamidi invited House to a bar? I think you mean Wilson invited him to a bar.

BTW Wilson is TOO loyal a friend to be believed.

pr_capone
05-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Afsoun Hamidi invited House to a bar? I think you mean Wilson invited him to a bar.

BTW Wilson is TOO loyal a friend to be believed.

Sorry... misread.