PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Buck's TV Thread

Buck
05-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Don't mind me, just wanted to list out some stuff and I figured ChiefsPlanet was the best place to keep track of it. You can comment on this if you want, but I really don't care either way...

Okay so I am making the list of almost every TV Show I've watched (other than reality shows and sports broadcasts) and ranking them from best to worst (sort of). This is going to take me a long time probably, but these are going to be my recommendations to you. I know we've had threads like this in the past, but I am going to go deep this time. Hold your hats.

Buck
05-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Reference Tier
The Wire
LOST*
Breaking Bad*
Arrested Development

Great Tier
Battlestar Galactica (2000s version)
The Shield
South Park*
Friends
The Office (British)
Saturday Night Live (Earlier Stuff)
Seinfeld

Very Good Tier
Freaks and Geeks
The Office (U.S.)*
The Simpsons* (Earlier Stuff)
True Blood*
Deadwood
Entourage*
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia*
Firefly
That 70's Show

Good Tier
Sons of Anarchy*
Family Guy* (Earlier Stuff)
Weeds*
Prison Break

*Current TV Shows (Still running)

....PS....I will be adding more later. Getting sleepy

Buck
05-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Placeholder2

Buck
Placeholder3

Buck
Placeholder4

Miles
05-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Placeholder.

Did it not occur to you that this might work better if you had your list of suggestions in the first post?

Guru
05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Well, now that somebody else came in and interrupted Buck's placeholders I can now jump in too.

Miles
05-18-2010, 02:17 AM
Well, now that somebody else came in and interrupted Buck's placeholders I can now jump in too.

Must start with placeholder before you can comment.

Damn I didn't there.

Buck
05-18-2010, 02:18 AM
Placeholder.

Did it not occur to you that this might work better if you had your list of suggestions in the first post?

Yeah so everytime someone goes to a new page they have to look at that long ass post? No, this is the smart way.

n00bs

Note the time difference between my last placeholder and your posts. I had no intention of any more Placeholders.

Guru
05-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Yeah so everytime someone goes to a new page they have to look at that long ass post? No, this is the smart way.

n00bs

Note the time difference between my last placeholder and your posts. I had no intention of any more Placeholders.:rolleyes:Gee, next time I won't be considerate at all then. I was here right after you posted the thread starter.:evil: I won't fight the urge in the future.

Guru
05-18-2010, 02:22 AM
HEy look, this is straight out of the Bluray PQ thread on AVSforums.

Buck
05-18-2010, 02:24 AM
HEy look, this is straight out of the Bluray PQ thread on AVSforums.

Sort of. I dont know if I used the same titles.

I'm really tired so I know theres a ton of shows that I can't even think of right now.

Anyways, watch all these shows n00bstick.

Miles
05-18-2010, 02:28 AM

n00bs

Note the time difference between my last placeholder and your posts. I had no intention of any more Placeholders.

30 minutes? I really shouldn't be shitting on this thread since I am always looking for stuff to watch.

Guru
05-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Sort of. I dont know if I used the same titles.

I'm really tired so I know theres a ton of shows that I can't even think of right now.

Anyways, watch all these shows n00bstick.Meh, most of those shows I either didn't like or never even bothered with because they didn't interest me at all.

Plus, no mention of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Miles
05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Meh, most of those shows I either didn't like or never even bothered with because they didn't interest me at all.

Plus, no mention of Everybody Loves Raymond.

I'm with Buck on most of those.

Guru
05-18-2010, 02:33 AM
I'm with Buck on most of those.I agree with Buck on LOST and Battlestar Galactica. Pretty much it for me.

Miles
05-18-2010, 02:38 AM
I agree with Buck on LOST and Battlestar Galactica. Pretty much it for me.

I'm still on the fence on whether Lost is either really good or sort of shitty masquerading as good. The next two week should sort that out.

Miles
05-18-2010, 02:40 AM
So no Mad Men? Rome and Deadwood deserve the great tier at least.

Reaper16
05-18-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm going to begin watching Lost once the show ends. I've always had my doubts about it.

Miles
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm going to begin watching Lost once the show ends. I've always had my doubts about it.

I still have my doubts about it after following it the entire show. It walks a fine line between being great or pure shit. I guess the next two weeks will tell.

Pants
05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Deadwood lower than Lost? That is a black hole of a FAIL, Buck.

KurtCobain
05-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Have you started watching Supernatural yet? If not you fucking better. And, as an added bonus, there's a guy from lost playing satan in the last season.

ChiefJustice
05-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Friends?

Seriously?

Crush
05-19-2010, 01:10 AM
I would add Look Around You to the Very Good Tier. I have no objections to this list, except for the inclusion of Friends. Friends sucked ass.

Baby Lee
05-19-2010, 06:16 AM
I still have my doubts about it after following it the entire show. It walks a fine line between being great or pure shit. I guess the next two weeks will tell.

I've finally settled on what Lost reminds me of. 'IT' both the book and the movie start off so astoundingly, setting a mood, promising a mindblowing mythology, full of absorbing detail, and then as the mystery is explained and the promise of payoff is ground down to a mystical solution that is more generalist than detailed, as the mood of the payoff didn't match the mood of the setup, it just kind of petered out, and in the end it's just a big conventional campfire story.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Sons of Anarchy should be in the Great Tier.

Shag
05-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Firefly just "very good"? Heathen.

Simply Red
05-19-2010, 04:33 PM
non 'Fringe?'

pfft... dumbass. o:-)

Pants
05-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I tried watching the 1st season of Lost a while ago and thought it was complete garbage. What am I missing?