PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Mark Levin: I didn't endorse Rand Paul but now I want him to win!

Taco John
05-21-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not a Levin fan, but I'm loving this... His rant about 5:00 in is great.

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdqGSUSU2G" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=XdqGSUSU2G" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Chiefshrink
05-21-2010, 11:47 PM
I heard it tonight as well on 710 at 7:00p.m. He was definitely on a roll and I loved his rant on literally challenging David Gregory on any legal issue either on "Meet the depressed" or on Levin's show. Of course Gregory will never have a true conservative on. Levin would eat his lunch in a heartbeat.

I love the guy!!!

Chocolate Hog
05-22-2010, 12:30 AM
This is great. A Coalition of Libererians/Republicans is game over for the Democrats.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2010, 07:18 AM
That's true though, Rand doesn't have to go on an inside-the-beltway program when he's running for the State of Kentucky.

talastan
05-22-2010, 08:33 AM
This is great. A Coalition of Libertarians/Republicans is game over for the Democrats.

One could only hope. It will take the repubs opening up to the ideas that they claim to represent both on domestic and foreign policy. I'd really like to see that happen. You'd have a balance very similar to 30 years ago, since a majority of the two big tent parties have shifted left over the last several years. :clap:

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 11:44 AM
As Pete creams his shorts.

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 11:46 AM
This is great. A Coalition of Libererians/Republicans is game over for the Democrats.

Yeah because they've clearly never formed a coalition before.

This is clearly the beginning of the end of liberalism in America.

Chocolate Hog
05-22-2010, 12:37 PM

What happend everytime they've have in the past? They've won the election.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Liberalism ended under FDR. Only half was left after Lincoln anyway.
You guys are not liberals. You're statists.

The Mad Crapper
05-22-2010, 05:25 PM

:clap:

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 06:45 PM

Get that from Liberty and Tyranny?

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 06:50 PM
What happend everytime they've have in the past? They've won the election.

What have been the vote totals for libertarian candidates over the past several Presidential elections?

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 06:54 PM
The 2008 elections:

Bob Barr: 523,686
"Other" (since Paul wasn't listed): 242,539

That's just the 2008 election. Let's go back one more.

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 06:55 PM
The 2004 elections:

Badnarik: 397,265

So what statistics are you drawing on for that conclusion, billay?

The Mad Crapper
05-22-2010, 06:56 PM

Ereckshun is a red diaper baby, that's why he loves B.O. so much, they are peas in a pod.

http://www.iaza.com/work/100523C/blackfest2406711550-iaza.jpg

Taco John
05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
What have been the vote totals for libertarian candidates over the past several Presidential elections?

That's irrelevant. Your vote counts dont account for those who have abstained (which would be a majority).

BucEyedPea
05-22-2010, 07:17 PM
No I got it from direct observation. I also know my definitions.

BTW Rand is NOT a libertarian. He's a small govt conservative. They advocate for more govt than a libertarian, but still not a lot. The two have overlaps. His Dad is a libertarian though.

So how many voted for a libertarian in an election is irrelevant.

The Mad Crapper
05-22-2010, 07:23 PM

So what if she did?

The Mad Crapper
05-22-2010, 07:24 PM
No I got it from direct observation. I also know my definitions.

BTW Rand is NOT a libertarian. He's a small govt conservative. They advocate for more govt than a libertarian, but still not a lot. The two have overlaps. His Dad is a libertarian though.

So how many voted for a libertarian in an election is irrelevant.

I love giving moonbats a taste of their own medicine. Escpecially that statist punk Banyon I shove the spoon right down his f'n throat.

BucEyedPea
05-22-2010, 07:49 PM
So what if she did?

I know. I never heard of that one though. Sounds good. I'll have to check into it. :D

The Mad Crapper
05-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I know. I never heard of that one though. Sounds good. I'll have to check into it. :D

Can you believe these clowns?

Stooges

Chocolate Hog
05-23-2010, 01:36 AM
The 2004 elections:

Badnarik: 397,265

So what statistics are you drawing on for that conclusion, billay?

Ronald Regan had a coalition of Republicans and Liberterians. Howd that go for the Democrats?

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 02:58 AM
That's irrelevant. Your vote counts dont account for those who have abstained (which would be a majority).

Do you have ANY data to show this? Or is this just ol' fashioned TJ intuition?

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 03:00 AM
Ronald Regan had a coalition of Republicans and Liberterians. Howd that go for the Democrats?

I'm asking for data. It's incredibly easy after-the-fact to just say libertarians were on board for every Republican victory and weren't on board for every Republican loss.

Do you have any?

The Mad Crapper
05-23-2010, 07:24 AM

Saffron for Burma!

Chiefshrink
05-23-2010, 12:29 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You have read the book?? BTW, I'm disappointed that you don't have the flag of North Korea as your avatar. I mean what the hell man!! You have a reputation to keep up as our official Chiefplanet America hater "IN HOUSE"!!!!

Chiefshrink
05-23-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm asking for data. It's incredibly easy after-the-fact to just say libertarians were on board for every Republican victory and weren't on board for every Republican loss.

Do you have any?

Ever hear of the term "Silent Majority"?? They are not "silent" anymore and are now called the "Tea Party"!! (Conservative Repubs, Conservative Reagan Dems and Conservative Libertarians)

billay you are right!!

BucEyedPea
05-23-2010, 12:43 PM

I don't know where I saw it but I did see it, that more don't vote than do or it's quite a bit.
NTTAWWT.

The Mad Crapper
05-23-2010, 12:54 PM
BTW, I'm disappointed that you don't have the flag of North Korea as your avatar

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/ICA_flag.svg/120px-ICA_flag.svg.png ROFL

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You have read the book?? BTW, I'm disappointed that you don't have the flag of North Korea as your avatar. I mean what the hell man!! You have a reputation to keep up as our official Chiefplanet America hater "IN HOUSE"!!!!

I've read almost the entire book. Forgive me for not finishing it. My tolerance for pain ain't what it used to be.

And the action isn't in North Korea right now.

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't know where I saw it but I did see it, that more don't vote than do or it's quite a bit.
NTTAWWT.

I'm asking for any trace of data.

Do you have any.

Chiefshrink
05-23-2010, 07:24 PM

Fantastic read. You will enjoy. It came out close to a year ago and was No.1 on the NYTBL for like 13wks and not a word from any liberal outlets except Fox. Levin and Beck ruled last yr and very little coverage or TV interviews but it is not surprising.:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
And the action isn't in North Korea right now.

Oh really? Out of all the rogue nations North Korea is the first under the Obama regime to thumb their nose at us by sinking a South Korean carrier Mar 26.

Unless of course you want to count the 2 terrorist attacks on our soil i.e. Army recruiting office in Ark and Ft. Hood. And the 2 "attempted" terrorist attacks i.e. Xmas day bomber and the Times Square bomber then you have to say Pakistan, Afghanistan,Iran,Syria, etc.........is where the action is at but that is not where it is at for your side of the aisle.Terrorists are battin 500. 2 for 4 so far under the "isolated whack job incident" Obama regime.

Something tells me the terrorist batting average is going to be going higher:doh!:

BucEyedPea
05-23-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm asking for any trace of data.

Do you have any.

I just bore witness for you. But you can google too, ya' know. That's all I'd do to trace it down.
Why do Ds have to have someone else provide for them? :evil:

BigChiefFan
05-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Why do Ds have to have someone else provide for them? :evil: Haven't you heard? They believe they have the RIGHT to be served. :D

BucEyedPea
05-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Haven't you heard? They believe they have the RIGHT to be served. :D

:D

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh really? Out of all the rogue nations North Korea is the first under the Obama regime to thumb their nose at us by sinking a South Korean carrier Mar 26.

Unless of course you want to count the 2 terrorist attacks on our soil i.e. Army recruiting office in Ark and Ft. Hood. And the 2 "attempted" terrorist attacks i.e. Xmas day bomber and the Times Square bomber then you have to say Pakistan, Afghanistan,Iran,Syria, etc.........is where the action is at but that is not where it is at for your side of the aisle.Terrorists are battin 500. 2 for 4 so far under the "isolated whack job incident" Obama regime.

Something tells me the terrorist batting average is going to be going higher:doh!:

I'm interested in the spreading of democracy -- right now there is a major democratic vs. anti-democratic struggle in Thailand. That's the action I'm talking about.

Although North Korea has embroiled us in an intriguing situation, no doubt. I don't know what the next move is with them.

The rest of your paragraph is just your typical crazy talk.

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 08:37 PM
I just bore witness for you. But you can google too, ya' know. That's all I'd do to trace it down.
Why do Ds have to have someone else provide for them? :evil:

Your witness is not data. And I'm not going to do research to prove your own claims for you. That's illogical.

If you're not even going to try, then I'm simply not going to accept the crap you throw my way.

petegz28
05-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Your witness is not data. And I'm not going to do research to prove your own claims for you. That's illogical.

If you're not even going to try, then I'm simply not going to accept the crap you throw my way.

I don't believe centrist Dems feel everyone needs to pay for them. But you don't have to get much further to the Left of them before that mentality takes shape. I'll give you a real time example.

My brother, college graduate, substitute teacher's license, spends his days sleeping and his nights "gigging" in coffee shops in his 3 man flamenco band. He has no insurance, no personal residence and very little income. Well, he broke his ankle. He whines and cried that the emergency room charged him to set his ankle and that he could only go back to the emergency room to have the leg checked on and cast cut off because he didn't have insurance to go to a regular doctor. Although he ignores the fact he could have gone to a regular doctor if he had cash in hand, he felt he had the right to have his entire oredeal treated with little if any cost to him because he is a "tax payer". LMAO

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't believe centrist Dems feel everyone needs to pay for them. But you don't have to get much further to the Left of them before that mentality takes shape. I'll give you a real time example.

My brother, college graduate, substitute teacher's license, spends his days sleeping and his nights "gigging" in coffee shops in his 3 man flamenco band. He has no insurance, no personal residence and very little income. Well, he broke his ankle. He whines and cried that the emergency room charged him to set his ankle and that he could only go back to the emergency room to have the leg checked on and cast cut off because he didn't have insurance to go to a regular doctor. Although he ignores the fact he could have gone to a regular doctor if he had cash in hand, he felt he had the right to have his entire oredeal treated with little if any cost to him because he is a "tax payer". LMAO

I fail to understand how this has anything to do with potential conservative/libertarian coalitions in the 2010 and 2012 federal elections?

petegz28
05-23-2010, 08:49 PM
I fail to understand how this has anything to do with potential conservative/libertarian coalitions in the 2010 and 2012 federal elections?

I was commenting on the "Why do Ds have to have someone else provide for them?" comment

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I was commenting on the "Why do Ds have to have someone else provide for them?" comment

BEP just wants to make claims and then have me provide her data for her.

And I'm the one who's being described as needy...

Taco John
05-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm interested in talking about the spreading of democracy -- right now there is a major democratic vs. anti-democratic struggle in Thailand. That's the action I'm talking about.

FYP

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
FYP

Still waiting on that data about the masses of abstaining libertarians.

Taco John
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Still waiting on that data about the masses of abstaining libertarians.

I never claimed to have data. Wouldn't even know where you could find numbers on libertarian voters. They've been swept under the rug of politics since Reagan's second term. Which is why they stopped voting.

Direckshun
05-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I never claimed to have data. Wouldn't even know where you could find numbers on libertarian voters. They've been swept under the rug of politics since Reagan's second term. Which is why they stopped voting.

Fascinating story, there.

Taco John
05-24-2010, 12:22 AM
*shrug*

I'm not worried about your doubt.

Direckshun
05-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Keep me updated on that.

BucEyedPea
05-24-2010, 02:52 AM
BEP just wants to make claims and then have me provide her data for her.

And I'm the one who's being described as needy...

I didn't exactly make a claim, as much as I was making a casual comment based on memory. I said I didn't know where I had seen it, but that more don't vote than do. In fact I believe I posted some numbers on voter turnout previously. Maybe that's were I saw it. So there was no absolute certain statement.

I routinely check claims made by others when I'm suspicious in order to challenge them. Your asking me came off more as a statement to imply it was not valid. Of course, you knew that. Hence your inability to type in google "voter turnout." As far as I recall it's been the mantra of the left that voter turnout had been in decline because this is bad to them and a problem. Just look at the numbers since 1960 to see that's true, despite its upsurge again in 2008.

It's generally true....about every other year
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781453.html

blaise
05-24-2010, 02:29 PM
As Pete creams his shorts.

Perhaps he should take a more dispassionate view of political stories, you know, like when you read a story casting Obama in a positive light.

Taco John
05-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Keep me updated on that.

You'll find out in November like the rest of us.

Direckshun
05-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Perhaps he should take a more dispassionate view of political stories, you know, like when you read a story casting Obama in a positive light.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with passion.

BucEyedPea
12-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm interested in the spreading of democracy --
Why would you want to do that? It's the worst form of govt. Madison said so too. Ya' know the guy that wrote our Constitution?

scott free
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I love this guy, even when i disagree with him he cracks me the hell up the way he'll light into some caller.

HEY! you peabrained SIMP! ya see, heres the problem with people like you... NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!