PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Rand Paul vs. Blumenthal

petegz28
05-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Ok, so on one hand you have a Tea Party conservative that is taking all kinds so obsessive, viral, criticism from the Left over a philisophical position regarding a law. Yes, contrary to the chatter, the Left is trying to brand him as a racist and use him to prove the Tea Party is racst.

On the other hand you got a guy who lied multiple times about being in Vietnam during the war and yet he wins the political primary and all is seemingly well.

I am sure I missed the Maddow and GMA and other shows that raked Blumenthal over the coals.

Direckshun
05-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Ok, so on one hand you have a Tea Party conservative that is taking all kinds so obsessive, viral, criticism from the Left over a philisophical position regarding a law. Yes, contrary to the chatter, the Left is trying to brand him as a racist and use him to prove the Tea Party is racst.

On the other hand you got a guy who lied multiple times about being in Vietnam during the war and yet he wins the political primary and all is seemingly well.

I am sure I missed the Maddow and GMA and other shows that raked Blumenthal over the coals.

Wasn't Neil Boortz talking about this this morning?

The Mad Crapper
05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Wasn't Neil Boortz talking about this this morning?

What if he was?

healthpellets
05-22-2010, 01:22 PM
i'm still not sure how a lib got elected in KEN. good for him. maybe if he'd quit trying to be something that he's not (i.e. a REP), then he could be more open and honest about his beliefs.

that a libertarian believes that the federal government has no business telling any business owner how to run any aspect of his business is nothing new. and that the left is trying to use that fact to brand him as a racist makes me sick. allowing one to implement a racist intent does not make you a racist. it makes you a lover of freedom.

i fail to see the racist intent in simply stating that the gubment need not be telling me who i must serve in my establishment. if one chooses to have a racist motive in their business practices, then the market will punish him. and if the market doesn't, the crude bombs made by the New Black Panthers should serve the same message.

instead of worrying about who's feelings will be hurt if they're not allowed to shop in a store or eat at a restaurant, maybe we should worry more about the economic impact that laws have.

and this shyte flows both ways. there are racists whites, racists blacks, and racists others. and if possible, there are just as many restaurants that would try to be black only as there are that would try to be whites only.