PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Direct TV does not have any calibration

BWillie
05-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I called Direct TV about two weeks ago from the number on their website. The sales rep said that they had this great new in-house DVR system that you can watch TV from ANY room in the house. I absolutely need to have HD for six TVs, and in four rooms. It would be a bonus for the in-house DVR. The rep assured me it would be for SIX HD RECEIVERS and I could watch from any room in the house.

I currently pay $144 a month for Comcast cable and internet. I have 1 HD DVR, and 3 HD boxes, 2 other digital boxes. I was happy at first BEFORE direct TV installation as I would be paying around $110 for the first year, then it would go up to like $125 or something. So I ordered AT&T, bought a modem on my own, and have already paid the $45 for the first month of my internet service. Mind you, I had to do this because if I waited until the installation of Direct TV, I would have two-three weeks of no internet, or duplicate internet coverage.

The installation guy gets here this morning and informs me that I'm only set up w/ 2 HD receivers, so I will only be able to utilize the DVR from two TVs, and in addition the other 4 receivers aren't even HD. In order to get full house DVR and 4 more HD receivers, it would have cost me an extra $400 up front. So I said F that, called customer service. They wouldn't do a damn thing. Went through 7 different people, was put on hold for about 30 minutes waiting for a supervisor before I finally had to hang up. All I asked was either A) comp one of the HD receivers so I could have at least 3 TV's for the in-home DVR or B) reimburse or send me a gift card for $45 of out of pocket expense I incurred from having to sign up for AT&T. They would do neither. Nobody is calibrated w/ anybody in that company, and they could not even tell me who the sales rep was that made up this phony bologna just so their #'s could look good.

What a bunch of ass clowns. Thumbs up their asses for all of them. The installation guy was like, yeah, this pretty much happens all the time.

notorious
05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Ya, Direct TV can only run 4 receivers from one dish.

HDTV DVR=2 Receivers each.

They wanted to charge you another $400 for the extra dish, 2 HDTV DVRs and the install.

BWillie
05-22-2010, 08:03 PM

They wanted to charge you another $400 for the extra dish, 2 HDTV DVRs and the install.

They never mentioned that either. They said at the install I was signed up for 1 HD DVR receiver, 1 HD receiver, and 4 SD receivers. I was told I was signed up for 6 HD receivers w/ full DVR capability for the entire house. It just pisses me off when someone f*cks up, and they don't do anything about it. They don't even really apologize or act like they f*cked up. They are just like, ya well this happens sometimes and we already were giving you a good deal. I was floored by their customer service. I'm used to dealing w/ Sprint, who most people shit on, and they are by far, better than these clowns. When Sprint messes up, or even if there is an issue that they need to take care of for their customers that is outside of their control, they take care of it every time for me.

|Zach|
05-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Collaboration.

Deberg_1990
05-22-2010, 11:07 PM
I calibrated the engine on my Honda one time.

Shag
05-23-2010, 12:28 AM

Not true. You just need a 4x8 multiswitch - I have one, and it works fine for more than runs.

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2010, 03:12 AM
I have the new dish and system that allows you to record two different channels at once with one coaxial cable.

It was installed last week and works flawlessly. I can also order multi-room capability that would allow me to watch any program from any DVR on the house on any TV.

Direct TV did this all for free because I pay for the monthly maintenance.

Slainte
05-23-2010, 03:36 AM
I hate those people who calibrated with the Nazi's during WWII.

Baby Lee
05-23-2010, 08:11 AM
All right STOP . . . calibrate and listen
Bwillie's back and he's DTV dissin'

DaFace
05-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Did you let them finish the installation before pointing out that you have the wrong receivers?

kpic
05-23-2010, 08:41 AM
I have DTV and you are right - their customer service can be bad, but not that bad.

This is actually AT&Ts fault I had a friend that did the exact same thing, when you "bundle" like that (I assume you ordered the DTV service through AT&T?) it is actually the AT&T rep that is giving you all the horsecrap and then sends the order to DTV. My friend found this out the same way and it was a nightmare to cancel everything when the order did not go right.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you said you called the number from the DTV website. Yeah, I would say you could say their service sucks balls then.

crispystl420
05-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Fuck direct t.v. If it wasn't for the monopoly on the NFL I would dump their asses asap

notorious
05-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Not true. You just need a 4x8 multiswitch - I have one, and it works fine for more than runs.

Cool.

I learned something new today.

notorious
05-23-2010, 01:26 PM
I was pissed at DTV for a few years when they didn't offer HD for local channels (NFL football) here in SW Kansas because they said we could receive it over the air.

After chewing ass on the phone for 20 minutes during college football, I told the poor rep that I just moved during the call and gave her my new bullshit zip code.

HD turned on within 10 seconds. LMAO

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Collaboration.LMAO
Thanks for clearing that up. I was really wondering wtf calibration had to do with this...

BWillie
05-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Did you let them finish the installation before pointing out that you have the wrong receivers?

Naw, they went over the order first before starting and I was like.......no deal. Looks like back to cable to me :(

DaneMcCloud
05-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Naw, they went over the order first before starting and I was like.......no deal. Looks like back to cable to me :(

I just re-read your thread starter. DTV installed the same exact system that you had installed for free. It sucks that they tried to charge you upfront.

I have five televisions in my home, each with HD-DVR's. The SWM switch they installed only allows for eight connections. So, I have three TV's with dual capability and two with singles (meaning that three can record two different channels at once and two that can only record one channel).

The installer was out of SWM extenders but promised to come by when they were available.

Again, all this was free. He even exchanged a 4 month old HD DVR because for some reason, it was incompatible with the new system.

I'd call them for a service call because they should hook you up.

Dicky McElephant
05-24-2010, 01:33 PM
I just re-read your thread starter. DTV installed the same exact system that you had installed for free. It sucks that they tried to charge you upfront.

I have five televisions in my home, each with HD-DVR's. The SWM switch they installed only allows for eight connections. So, I have three TV's with dual capability and two with singles (meaning that three can record two different channels at once and two that can only record one channel).

The installer was out of SWM extenders but promised to come by when they were available.

Again, all this was free. He even exchanged a 4 month old HD DVR because for some reason, it was incompatible with the new system.

I'd call them for a service call because they should hook you up.

This. I had DirectTV come out and install a bunch of stuff in our new house. The guy came in and saw that I had an old DVR. He said that he'd exchange it out for a newer one because it would make the install go from 30 minutes to 4 hours because of the amount of wires he was going to run.

Call back in and complain.