PDA

View Full Version : Obama "Lite" has all the power he needs to deal with...

Chiefshrink
05-25-2010, 08:38 AM
the oil spill. Why will he not help his own country????

First off he is incompetent, loves crisis in order to Alinskyize to point fingers so as to gain more control later on, and it is finally evident he hates America.

As some and myself have said, this oilspill will be his Katrina that could have been far less damaging if he wasn't a "true poser"(incompetent) and loved his country:rolleyes:

Where's F'n WALDO???????????????????????????:cuss: Oh yeah B'BQing in Chicago this W/E!!!!!!!:rolleyes::shake::rolleyes::shake::cuss:

http://www.marklevinshow.com/goout.asp?u=http://www.capalphadc.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2010-04-30-desc-RL33705.pdf

petegz28
05-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Obama is starting to take a lot of heat from both sides of the isle over this.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 08:46 AM
Disregarding all the other nonsense you posted I will agree with you and was even going to start a thread saying how disappointed I was in his response.

Then I watched O'Reilly last night and he made a great point. No one knows what to do, not BP not the government nobody. They have tried countless things to stop this with zero success. And I am disappointed in the cleanup effort but then again as O'Reilly pointed out without stopping the oil you are just wasting your time.

Donger
05-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Meh. I don't blame Obama for the spill or the lack of finding a solution to plugging it up.

SNR
05-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Disregarding all the other nonsense you posted I will agree with you and was even going to start a thread saying how disappointed I was in his response.

Then I watched O'Reilly last night and he made a great point. No one knows what to do, not BP not the government nobody. They have tried countless things to stop this with zero success. And I am disappointed in the cleanup effort but then again as O'Reilly pointed out without stopping the oil you are just wasting your time.You agreed with both sportsshrink and Bill O'Rly? in the same post.

dirk digler
05-25-2010, 08:50 AM
You agreed with both sportsshrink and Bill O'Rly? in the same post.

LMAO Good point. I am just disappointed in how those whole thing has been handled but maybe there is just nothing they can do about it until they get the reserve well drilled.

BigRedChief
05-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Does the government have the talent/tools/knowledge to stop a leak 1 mile under the water on its own? Just tell BP to GTFO and we are stopping the leak? then what?

Sounds like poor planning by not having those booms pre-deployed near the coast. Lack of oversight was defintely a big part of the issue. The governing agency was in bed with the people they are suppose to be regulating. It's like the Wall Street fiasco all over again.

blaise
05-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Meh. I don't blame Obama for the spill or the lack of finding a solution to plugging it up.

No, but I think if this happened under Bush there would be non-stop screeching about his responsibility from the left.

The Mad Crapper
05-25-2010, 09:28 AM
No, but I think if this happened under Bush there would be non-stop screeching about his responsibility from the left.

It would be front page news for the past 36 days (and counting) like Abu Graibh or some such shit.

Oh, and of course the underlying theme to every story would be "single mothers and minorities most adversly affected".

I think the lesson we can all learn from this is perhaps we need to drill closer to shore.

blaise
05-25-2010, 09:36 AM
This was a quote on whitehouse.gov, under Obama's agenda, when he took office, in regards to the handling of Katrina:
"He and Vice President Biden will take steps to ensure that the federal government will never again allow such catastrophic failures in emergency planning and response to occur."

Cave Johnson
05-25-2010, 09:44 AM
This was a quote on whitehouse.gov, under Obama's agenda, when he took office, in regards to the handling of Katrina:
"He and Vice President Biden will take steps to ensure that the federal government will never again allow such catastrophic failures in emergency planning and response to occur."

You can put red magic marker on an orange, but that doesn't make it an apple.

blaise
05-25-2010, 09:51 AM
You can put red magic marker on an orange, but that doesn't make it an apple.

Maybe you could paint it white and have carte blanche to make any promises you want just because they sound good.

Cave Johnson
05-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Maybe you could paint it white and have carte blanche to make any promises you want just because they sound good.

An oil leak caused by failures in BP's shutoff equipment and resistance to extra safety measures is not the same thing as a federal response to a natural disaster, no matter how you want to portray it. BP's track record suggests they're not a safety minded company, the regulators were in bed with industry, and this is the result.

So let me get this straight. The far-right viewpoint is that financial organizations should be free to sell whatever toxic crap they want without government interference, but massively profitable oil companies should be protected by comprehensive government cleanup policies?

Gotcha.

The Mad Crapper
05-25-2010, 10:09 AM
So let me get this straight. The far-right viewpoint is that financial organizations should be free to sell whatever toxic crap they want without government interference

"Without"? You make it sound like Barney Frank, Crhis Dodd, Harold Raines, Obama et al were innocent bystanders.

blaise
05-25-2010, 10:10 AM
An oil leak caused by failures in BP's shutoff equipment and resistance to extra safety measures is not the same thing as a federal response to a natural disaster, no matter how you want to portray it. BP's track record suggests they're not a safety minded company, the regulators were in bed with industry, and this is the result.

So let me get this straight. The far-right viewpoint is that financial organizations should be free to sell whatever toxic crap they want without government interference, but massively profitable oil companies should be protected by comprehensive government cleanup policies?

Gotcha.

You sure took a lot out of my post. You can take Obama's promise, that he made, for what you want. He said it, not me. As for the second part of your post, I have no idea if you're talking to me or just randomly posting things in a general sense about the situation.

The Mad Crapper
05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
You sure took a lot out of my post. You can take Obama's promise, that he made, for what you want. He said it, not me. As for the second part of your post, I have no idea if you're talking to me or just randomly posting things in a general sense about the situation.

I noticed that, too.

Cave Johnson
05-25-2010, 10:19 AM

It's not a relevant quote. Period.

As to the OP, the government has no expertise to stop this rupture. Not every problem is solvable by government intervention.

"To push BP out of the way would raise a question: to replace them with what?" Coast Guard Commandant Thad Allen said at a briefing.

Allen said that the government could seize control and federalize the operation, as some critics have said should happen. But, Allen said, BP was the one with the technical expertise and resources to confront the catastrophe unfolding 5,000 feet under water.

"I'm sure there's a legal rationale to do it. I'm not sure there's a cause for action or a justification to consider it," Allen said of a government takeover of the operation."

http://www.freep.com/article/20100525/NEWS07/5250352/U-S-Removing-BP-won-t-help-in-spill

Cave Johnson
05-25-2010, 10:28 AM
"Without"? You make it sound like Barney Frank, Crhis Dodd, Harold Raines, Obama et al were innocent bystanders.

And Phil Gramm, Greenspan, etc. It was a bipartisan problem (although 4 of the top 6 people to blame for the financial crisis, per Time, were R's).

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1877351,00.html

I'm referring to going forward, obviously.

The Mad Crapper
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
And Phil Gramm, Greenspan, etc. It was a bipartisan problem (although 4 of the top 6 people to blame for the financial crisis, per Time, were R's).

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1877351,00.html

I'm referring to going forward, obviously.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

blaise
05-25-2010, 01:02 PM
It's not a relevant quote. Period.

As to the OP, the government has no expertise to stop this rupture. Not every problem is solvable by government intervention.

"To push BP out of the way would raise a question: to replace them with what?" Coast Guard Commandant Thad Allen said at a briefing.

Allen said that the government could seize control and federalize the operation, as some critics have said should happen. But, Allen said, BP was the one with the technical expertise and resources to confront the catastrophe unfolding 5,000 feet under water.

"I'm sure there's a legal rationale to do it. I'm not sure there's a cause for action or a justification to consider it," Allen said of a government takeover of the operation."

http://www.freep.com/article/20100525/NEWS07/5250352/U-S-Removing-BP-won-t-help-in-spill

Actually, I'd say it's a little relevant. He's saying he wouldn't allow responses or preparedness for catastrophic disasters to be lacking. This is a disaster and I really don't see how you can say the preparedness or response isn't lacking on some level.

Amnorix
05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
This from the same guys that want to unleash offshore drilling as fast as possible on the theory that it will cure all our oil woes.

Amnorix
05-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Why do the same people who think the American government could f**k up a wet dream think that it can solve a massively complex technological problem involving oil drilling deep underwater when one of the world's richest and most experienced and technologically savvy oil companies can't?

Why do the same people that want the American government to stay out of the way of everything companies do want it to leap into a messy (no pun intended) situation with which it has no experience or expertise and at the same time save a company from its own mistakes.

Why does anyone think that any political party would leap into a situation fraught with political danger when it really has no answers to the problem? Who is that stupid?

blaise
05-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Why do the same people who think the American government could f**k up a wet dream think that it can solve a massively complex technological problem involving oil drilling deep underwater when one of the world's richest and most experienced and technologically savvy oil companies can't?

Why do the same people that want the American government to stay out of the way of everything companies do want it to leap into a messy (no pun intended) situation with which it has no experience or expertise and at the same time save a company from its own mistakes.

Why does anyone think that any political party would leap into a situation fraught with political danger when it really has no answers to the problem? Who is that stupid?

Are you talking about someone in particular or just conservatives in general?

memyselfI
05-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Because he's a shrub dressed in Bush clothing.

NewChief
05-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Because they're trying to score "points" in the game of politics. Yes, there are many fine cases of irony here, but it's no very different from previously anti-war liberals who now tout Obama's "successes" in the war on terror.

Amnorix
05-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Are you talking about someone in particular or just conservatives in general?

The Shrink in this case, but any conservative that supports some kind of government takeover would have it apply to them as well, I suppose.

Chiefshrink
05-25-2010, 03:04 PM
The Shrink in this case, but any conservative that supports some kind of government takeover would have it apply to them as well, I suppose.

Nice baited dart throw there but it ain't sticking:rolleyes:

Obama has showed no leadership. Instead he has chosen to Alinskize(politicize) instead. Keeping his so-called 'boot on BP':rolleyes: How does this help:shrug:

I don't expect the Fed Govt. to "FIX" the oil spill.:rolleyes: Gov't never has the right answers when it comes to the private sector, however, if you "ARE THE PRESIDENT" at least do your job by protecting our country and shores and show some leadership by pulling in the best and brightest from all of our American Oil Cos. to lend a hand to BP realizing that this not only effects our oil cos. but our people and businesses and the rest of the world as well.:rolleyes:

But NO they are still fingerpointing. This is what happens when you elect a person who is a radical Marxist lefty idealogue who hates our free capitalist country and the principles it was founded on; and not to mention ABSOLUTELY NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE IN LEADERSHIP TO MANAGE A SERIOUS CRISIS.

The Mad Crapper
05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.moonbattery.com/assets_c/2010/05/images_2004_09_21_politics_campaign_21deba.1.583-thumb-500x246-2027.jpg

KC native
05-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Nice baited dart throw there but it ain't sticking:rolleyes:

Obama has showed no leadership. Instead he has chosen to Alinskize(politicize) instead. Keeping his so-called 'boot on BP':rolleyes: How does this help:shrug:

I don't expect the Fed Govt. to "FIX" the oil spill.:rolleyes: Gov't never has the right answers when it comes to the private sector, however, if you "ARE THE PRESIDENT" at least do your job by protecting our country and shores and show some leadership by pulling in the best and brightest from all of our American Oil Cos. to lend a hand to BP realizing that this not only effects our oil cos. but our people and businesses and the rest of the world as well.:rolleyes:

But NO they are still fingerpointing. This is what happens when you elect a person who is a radical Marxist lefty idealogue who hates our free capitalist country and the principles it was founded on; and not to mention ABSOLUTELY NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE IN LEADERSHIP TO MANAGE A SERIOUS CRISIS.

ROFL Almost as stupid as dishonest. almost. ROFL

Chiefshrink
05-25-2010, 07:58 PM
ROFL Almost as stupid as dishonest. almost. ROFL

Hey nice substantive comeback there. Typical though from the left:rolleyes: