PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Ever break a controller out of frustration?

KCtotheSB
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Shamefully, I still like to bust open a PS3 controller when playing Madden/NHL...although I've certainly gotten better as of late in terms of just tossing a soft rubber ball around. Damn those controllers for being so lightweight and cordless!!!

...honestly though, my wife thinks I've gone insane...but playing Madden or NHL is the only time I really vent any frustration. Any other time, I'm cool as a cucumber.

DMAC
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I broke a PS1 controller when i was a teen playing Need For Speed. Proud moment...

kysirsoze
05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Sadly yes. I am the same way with the frustration venting. I don't get too pissed at people IRL. With the important stuff I am pretty level headed.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
When I was a kid my mom threw a remote at my head, because I was watching Beavis & Butthead, and she wanted to see the Barbra Walters interview with Princess Diana

Demonpenz
05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
When I was a kid my mom threw a remote at my head, because I was watching Beavis & Butthead, and she wanted to see the Barbra Walters interview with Princess Diana

Dear Mr Smith...The Remote Control crashing in this story is a good representation of forshadow

BWillie
05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
When I was 7 I did. F*cking Duck Hunt and that stupid shivering dog

AZORChiefFan
05-25-2010, 02:03 PM
I went through SNES controllers like they were klennex. Mostly playing Madden. 3 1/2 quarters of kicking ass up by 28+ points then a fumble, my players on D couldn't tackle, interceptions and so on. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! SLAM!!!!!

This stuff only happened when playing the against the SNES.

I actually put a hole in the wall from throwing a controller. To be fair the wall was just that fake wood paneling prevalent in the mobile homes built in the early 70's.

SnakeXJones
05-25-2010, 02:28 PM
I broke so many controllers over my time....

2 NES Controllers
1 SNES Controller
3 Sega Controllers
a Game Gear & Gameboy(threw them against the floor)
1 Dreamcast Controller
4 PS1 Controllers
3+ N64 Controllers
3 PS2 Controllers

might forgot some but yeah i really get into gaming and when I do i get super fucking pissed when something dont go my way

KCChiefsMan
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
yup I used to break old PS1 and PS2 controllers on a regular basis during some intense 1v1 madden moments. But I haven't since controllers started costing $50

notorious
05-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Tecmo SuperBowl caused me to break a few when I was a kid.

Now I just don't care anymore.

Miles
05-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Fortunately NES controllers seemed almost indestructible. The old school style of playing a game for hours then lose was some frustrating shit. Fucking medusa heads.

I think I might have broken a computer joystick or two during the 90's.

TinyEvel
05-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately, yes.
I have THREE Sixaxis controllers in pieces each in separate ziploc bags (Modern Warfare) and one Rock Band guitar broken.
Once the dualshock 3 came out, at $54 I take out my hate on the pillows.

QuikSsurfer
05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I've broken a shit ton of N64 controllers... Thanks NFL Blitz.

Fruit Ninja
05-25-2010, 08:55 PM
about 5 Nintendo controllers, but i realized at a young age, all you do is have to buy another one and your out cash. lol. I just throw something ic ant break on the floor or something.

Street Fighter makes me rage big time at times. haha

KcMizzou
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Nah, I did bust a TV remote in celebration once though.

I think it was a Vanover punt return for a TD in OT. I spiked the remote.

(There may have been beer involved.)

Buck
05-25-2010, 09:43 PM

Son of a bitch!

Anyways I have only broken my PS3 headset while playing COD4 because I kept getting lag killed.

KcMizzou
05-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Son of a bitch!

Anyways I have only broken my PS3 headset while playing COD4 because I kept getting lag killed.LMAO Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was vs. the Chargers.

SLAG
05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I never understood the breaking of the the controllers.

My buddies would break their entire systems... Heck I get pissed if it drops off the couch or something...

KcMizzou
05-25-2010, 09:58 PM
I never understood the breaking of the the controllers.

My buddies would break their entire systems... Heck I get pissed if it drops off the couch or something...When it comes to video games, I agree. If you wanna play online and/or PvP, expect to die... a lot. If it pisses you off that badly, you're clearly not enjoying yourself... so I'd go do something else. :shrug:

Miles
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM

I did once when I was much younger. It involved a playoff injury that resulted in Bono time for the final drive.

AZORChiefFan
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM

A friend of mine was at that game. It was the first game he ever went too.

-King-
05-26-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm on my 3rd or 4th 360 controller and the one I'm using now has tape around the right side to hold it together :)
Posted via Mobile Device

WhitiE
05-26-2010, 05:31 AM
ive broken 2 or 3. I think only when playing online shooters. I guess I thought he should have died, but the game didnt....

Buck
05-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Unrelated, but I bought one of these the other day.

http://www.gaminggenerations.com/store/images/blue_ps3_controller_11.jpg

Looks badass.

I kept taking my controller to a friends and we'd mix up who's was who's.

Von Dumbass
05-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Ever since the controllers started costing 60 bucks a piece I haven't broken a controller for some reason.

Saulbadguy
05-26-2010, 07:21 AM
No, but one time I was playing a buddy in X-Men vs Street Fighter on my Sega Saturn (japanese import) and was kicking his ass and constantly doing the in-game taunt. Rage quickly took him over (he had anger issues anyways) and he ripped the disc out of the console and destroyed it.