I'll begin with two:

Headed for a Heartbreak - Winger
Love of a Lifetime - Firehouse

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 12:53 AM
I'll begin with two:

Headed for a Heartbreak - Winger
Love of a Lifetime - Firehouse

That's not metal. Metal is Megadeth, Metallica, Dio, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Loudness, Ozzy, Slayer, etc.

Those are Hair Bands.

And the musicians in Winger have played on more sessions and more albums than you can possibly imagine, along with being better players than just about anyone that came up in the 80's.

Do over.

Third Eye
05-27-2010, 01:03 AM
That's not metal. Metal is Megadeth, Metallica, Dio, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Loudness, Ozzy, Slayer, etc.

Those are Hair Bands.

And the musicians in Winger have played on more sessions and more albums than you can possibly imagine, along with being better players than just about anyone that came up in the 80's.

Do over.
By that set of rules then I'm gonna go with "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 01:07 AM
By that set of rules then I'm gonna go with "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica.

I wholeheartedly agree

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2010, 01:12 AM

Those are Hair Bands.

Do over.While I essentially agree, the bands I listed were considered "Hair Metal" during the 80s/early 90s. However, I didn't want to limit it to only those of the "Hair" designation, thus the title. If you prefer to read it as "Hair Band ballads," nobody will stop you. I imagine most folks understand the point I was trying to convey.

I honestly don't care how good the Winger musicians were; that song was ****ing awful.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 01:16 AM
While I essentially agree, the bands I listed were considered "Hair Metal" during the 80s/early 90s. However, I didn't want to limit it to only those of the "Hair" designation, thus the title. If you prefer to read it as "Hair Band ballads," nobody will stop you. I imagine most folks understand the point I was trying to convey.

I honestly don't care how good the Winger musicians were; that song was ****ing awful.

The guitar shredding for the final two minutes was epic.

:evil:

NewChief
05-27-2010, 06:04 AM
While I essentially agree, the bands I listed were considered "Hair Metal" during the 80s/early 90s. However, I didn't want to limit it to only those of the "Hair" designation, thus the title. If you prefer to read it as "Hair Band ballads," nobody will stop you. I imagine most folks understand the point I was trying to convey.

Should probably change the descriptor to "power ballads" then.

NewChief
05-27-2010, 06:06 AM
I'll tell you what one of my favorites is:

November Rain.

That song still holds up today, in my mind. Every time I hear it, especially the full version, I think.... damn this song kicks ass. And that's saying something, because I have a tendency to completely get burnt out on music and just toss out past tastes.

Useful Idiot
05-27-2010, 06:45 AM
all of them.

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Worst Power Ballads:

Carrie by Europe

Honestly by Stryper

I still dig on some hair metal, but there were some truly atrocious power ballads in the 80's...

Is Queensryche metal? Then Silent Lucidity should be worst metal ballad.

Demonpenz
05-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Green Day September ends

Huffmeister
05-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Booooooo!!! That song is nothing but pure awesome.

Consistent1
05-27-2010, 09:46 AM

Those are Hair Bands.

Do over.

Loudness....Like Hell....

Did anyone else ever actually listen to them?
We used to buy all those all metal mags when I was a kid. Play-offs of favorite bands like March Madness brackets. Next thing you know, somebody will bring up Icon and 220 Volt. None of it is metal though. You know why? All the dumb-ass kids came along and had to divide it into 5 billion categories. They are supposed to be too drunk and high to be that "smart". Haha. Reaper FTW.Those songs were really considered "metal" for the 80's. I know you love Kip and the crew...no homo.

KCUnited
05-27-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm not above slapping on my Rising Sun sleeveless and cranking some Loudness.

patteeu
05-27-2010, 09:57 AM

We used to buy all those all metal mags when I was a kid. Play-offs of favorite bands like March Madness brackets. Next thing you know, somebody will bring up Icon and 220 Volt. None of it is metal though. You know why? All the dumb-ass kids came along and had to divide it into 5 billion categories. They are supposed to be too drunk and high to be that "smart". Haha. Reaper FTW.Those songs were really considered "metal" for the 80's. I know you love Kip and the crew...no homo.

Did I just give you negative rep? Because if I did, it was unintentional. The system message said something like "thanks for deducting rep from this user" so it made me wonder.

Anyway, LOL @ your post. BTW, I had a Loudness album on vinyl back in the day.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZFZ2WT5AL._CR4,0,292,292_SS220_.jpg

Edit: Listening to song previews on Amazon and it's bringing back memories that had been completely suppressed (no, not an alter boy kind of thing). Before Dane mentioned them, I wouldn't have been able to name Loudness if someone asked me to name all the metal bands I could think of.

Reaper16
05-27-2010, 09:59 AM

You continue to contain idiocy of immeasurable quantity.

Frazod
05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
When the Children Cry (by White Lion, I think? Whoever it was, I despised them).

That song made me want to stab somebody in the face.

NewChief
05-27-2010, 10:02 AM
When the Children Cry (by White Lion, I think? Whoever it was, I despised them).

Thanks for reminding me of that song. Holy horrible.

Reaper16
05-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Dane is correct in stating that those songs aren't metal and those bands aren't metal. So I have to ask which of the following is your true meaning for the thread:

1.) Worst Hard Rock ballad (commonly called Power Ballad)?
2.) Worst Power Ballad from a metal band (such as the metal band Queensryche's rock ballad "Silent Lucidity," which isn't worst anything but just an example)?
3.) Worst Metal ballad (a ballad that fits the musical definitions of metal, such as Metallica's "Fade to Black").

NewChief
05-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Dane is correct in stating that those songs aren't metal and those bands aren't metal. So I have to ask which of the following is your true meaning for the thread:

2.) Worst Power Ballad from a metal band (such as the metal band Queensryche's rock ballad "Silent Lucidity," which isn't worst anything but just an example)?
3.) Worst Metal ballad (a ballad that fits the musical definitions of metal, such as Metallica's "Fade to Black").

Consistent1's head is exploding.

patteeu
05-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Worst contributors to a worst metal ballad thread on a football messageboard

I'll begin with two:

DaneMcCloud
Reaper16

LMAO j/k guys

Barret
05-27-2010, 10:14 AM

I second this nomination. Let me add some others as well.

Unforgiven 2 - Metallica: Couldnt they have stopped at number 1?

The Day that Never Comes - Metallica: Is this a ballad? would anyone have thought a lyric to a Metallica song would be "Love is a four letter word"?

Perhaps I haven't been exposed to other ballads from Metal type bands beyond Metallica trying to do it.

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 10:16 AM

ROFL..

there were so many of those cheeseball power anthems during the 80's....

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 10:17 AM

It was so good they gave us Unforgiven III

Reaper16
05-27-2010, 10:19 AM
If we want to get really technical about it, a ballad doesn't have to be soft despite that common perception. A ballad is just a narrative song. A song with a story. People think it means a soft love song but they are incorrect.

patteeu
05-27-2010, 10:21 AM

Heck yeah. I would have been fine if they'd have stopped at zero. The low point on their latest album as far as I'm concerned is Unforgiven III (or IV or whatever it is).

I'll vote for "any Unforgiven" if Reaper would verify that they qualify as metal ballads for me. :)

NewChief
05-27-2010, 10:21 AM
If we want to get really technical about it, a ballad doesn't have to be soft despite that common perception. A ballad is just a narrative song. A song with a story. People think it means a soft love song but they are incorrect.

Then I nominate Bonny Barbara Allen. That song fucking sucks.

Reaper16
05-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Heck yeah. I would have been fine if they'd have stopped at zero. The low point on their latest album as far as I'm concerned is Unforgiven III (or IV or whatever it is).

I'll vote for "any Unforgiven" if Reaper would verify that they qualify as metal ballads for me. :)
The first one is metal. The second one is actually fairly musically complex; the acoustic guitar is playing metal scales while the amplified guitar is playing country-rock. It counts as metal. The third one is metal too, mostly, and it is really terrible.

I enjoy the first one. I actually even enjoy the second one.

patteeu
05-27-2010, 10:42 AM
The first one is metal. The second one is actually fairly musically complex; the acoustic guitar is playing metal scales while the amplified guitar is playing country-rock. It counts as metal. The third one is metal too, mostly, and it is really terrible.

Thanks, man.

Pitt, mark me down for Unforgiven III with II and I as my first and second runners up.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 10:45 AM

Yeah Dude, I still listen to them from time to time. I've got the first two American releases on CD and they're in my iTunes library. The production is phenomenal (Max Norman!) and Akira Takasaki was a combination of EVH and Randy Rhodes. The guy could absolutely shred.

Greatest Ballad Lyrics of All-Time: Loudness "Never Change Your Mind"

Got a new hair style I see
And you're dressed to kill
Bright colored lipstick for me
But against my will
Please don't go changin'
You're gonna change your mind
Please never change your mind
I look at you, head to toe
But it don't seem right
All this fashion for show
Happened overnight
I've got your number
It's only changin' times
Please never change your mind
* Hear me when I'm sayin'
How my love grows
Given time and a chance, you'll see
Things are always changin'
That's how love goes
Don't go changin' a thing for me

---------------------------------------

ROFL

Consistent1
05-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Seriously bro. Go over analyze some other shit to death. Cheap beer and it's all metal to me....

Sully
05-27-2010, 11:34 AM

Then:

Uncle Tom's Cabin

Reaper16
05-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Then:

Uncle Tom's Cabin
WHAT? That isn't a bad song at all! That song is pretty kick-ass.

cardken
05-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Bang Bang- Danger Danger

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Bang Bang- Danger Danger

Was that a ballad?

That band sucked ass but Andy Timmons is an excellent guitarist.

NewChief
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
When I See You Smile - Bad English

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM
House of Pain

Faster Pussycat

alpha_omega
05-27-2010, 12:25 PM

Yep, that's the one!

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 01:25 PM

I always wanted that guy to hack a loogie after the opening line.

"Little child aaaaaaaaaaaack puh".

HC_Chief
05-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Worst metal ballads? Hmm, let's see, ALL OF THEM.

/thread

MOhillbilly
05-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Worst metal ballads? Hmm, let's see, ALL OF THEM.

/thread

X2!

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM

3.) Worst Metal ballad (a ballad that fits the musical definitions of metal, such as Metallica's "Fade to Black").I'll go with 1, as I want to be as inclusive as possible.

Oh, and White Lion just about ruins my day. I know, I know, I asked for it. But still...

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I second this nomination. Let me add some others as well.

The Day that Never Comes - Metallica: Is this a ballad? would anyone have thought a lyric to a Metallica song would be "Love is a four letter word"?

Perhaps I haven't been exposed to other ballads from Metal type bands beyond Metallica trying to do it.Good call on both. Those are both horrible.

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks, man.

Pitt, mark me down for Unforgiven III with II and I as my first and second runners up.Damn, pat, I had totally forgotten about that piano crap on Death Magnetic.

I will admit to liking the original, though, on the black album.

Pitt Gorilla
05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
When I See You Smile - Bad EnglishHorrible.

I'll add:

The Next to be with You - Mr. Big
Don't close your eyes - Kix

Pablo
05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
all of them.Seconded.

Demonpenz
05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
What about that scorpions song that has all the whisteling in it?

Frazod
05-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Horrible.

I'll add:

The Next to be with You - Mr. Big

I never minded the Bad English song, but definitely agree on these two.

The next to be with you? How much does she charge? :shake:

Demonpenz
05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Bryan Adams, Sting, Rod stewart -all for one from the Zorro soundtrak

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
What about that scorpions song that has all the whisteling in it?

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change .........

KCUnited
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Occasionally when the wifes out of town, I squeeze myself into my hammer and sickle hockey jersey and blast some Gorky Park.

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Ballad of Jayne: LA Guns

Heaven: Warrant

Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection: Nelson

Fly to the Angels: Slaughter

Is this Love: Whitesnake

More than Words: Extreme

Bane
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I never took a liking to power/metal ballads so it's very hard for me to pick one but I know I hated Bad English so if they fall into this category for me it has the be.........

When I see you smile.

About the only other one that comes to mind that I remember hating was Walk Away by Dokken.Even though I really liked Dokken back in the day.

Bane
05-27-2010, 03:08 PM

I had forgoten all about White Lion so I you tubed a few videos.......:spock::shake::rolleyes::doh!:
I feel like punching my neighbors bulldog puppy right in his fukkn mouth now!!!:mad::mad::mad:

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 04:04 PM
I had forgoten all about White Lion so I you tubed a few videos.......:spock::shake::rolleyes::doh!:
I feel like punching my neighbors bulldog puppy right in his fukkn mouth now!!!:mad::mad::mad:

They did a really cool cover of "Radar Love".

That's about the only thing cool about them.

Omaha
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Horrible.

Holy shit! YES!

Bowser
05-27-2010, 04:30 PM
o, hai guys!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNUW8JcC2Mo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gNUW8JcC2Mo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

PunkinDrublic
05-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Warrant- Heaven isn't too far away.

I don't need to be the king of the world.
As long as I'm a hero to this little girl!

I hope his daughter is now blowing guys for meth!

Bane
05-27-2010, 06:13 PM
They did a really cool cover of "Radar Love".

That's about the only thing cool about them.

I remember that now,but Still.....:shake:
ROFL

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
I remember that now,but Still.....:shake:
ROFL

Oh, their songwriting sucked ass, but Vito was a shredder and James Lomenzo (the bassist) when on to be in Megadeth, Zakk Wylde and now Stone Sour.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Worst Power Ballads:

Carrie by Europe

Honestly by Stryper

I still dig on some hair metal, but there were some truly atrocious power ballads in the 80's...

Un-Holy FUCK that was AWFUL.

BigMeatballDave
05-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Worst? Too many to mention. My favorite PB is Don't close your eyes -Kixx

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 06:25 PM
And then there was that one piece of shite song with the singer who had absolutely no balls by the end of the song:

"I'll nevvvvahhhh let.....you go.....,
you're alwayyyyyys on my mind.....

And the ear-screeching end:

"And I'll nevahhh...LEEEEETTTTT YOU.....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
(20 octaves higher)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

Fucking douchegaggle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Warrant- Heaven isn't too far away.

I don't need to be the king of the world.
As long as I'm a hero to this little girl!

I hope his daughter is now blowing guys for meth!

ROFL:LOL:ROFL Rep.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 06:27 PM
And then there was that one piece of shite song with the singer who had absolutely no balls by the end of the song:

"I'll nevvvvahhhh let.....you go.....,
you're alwayyyyyys on my mind.....

And the ear-screeching end:

"And I'll nevahhh...LEEEEETTTTT YOU.....
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
(20 octaves higher)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

Fucking douchegaggle.

Wasn't that Steelheart?

Mike Matejic's an incredible singer. He did most of the vocal tracks for the movie "Rock Star" with Walhberg and he's now out touring with Robby Kreiger and Ray Manzarek.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Wasn't that Steelheart?

Mmm...I think it was actually "Douchegaggle".

Mike Matejic's an incredible singer. He did most of the vocal tracks for the movie "Rock Star" with Walhberg and he's now out touring with Robby Kreiger and Ray Manzarek.

Well, as long as he doesn't drop the cases as he loads them on the truck at the end of the night, yes...:p

rad
05-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Wait, so Rime of the Ancient Mariner is a ballad?

Aces High?

Powerslave?

Almost every Maiden song?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 06:38 PM

Aces High?

Powerslave?

:rockon:

They're touring this summer. I'm going.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Mmm...I think it was actually "Douchegaggle".

Well, as long as he doesn't drop the cases as he loads them on the truck at the end of the night, yes...:p

When he's not sing falsetto, he's a great singer. He's a fun guy to party with as well.

rad
05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
:rockon:

They're touring this summer. I'm going.

You could probably get backstage with a box of Metamucil and a few Viagara samples.......(I keed, I keed; Maiden still rocks)

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-27-2010, 06:50 PM
You could probably get backstage with a box of Metamucil and a few Viagara samples.......(I keed, I keed; Maiden still rocks)

ROFL

I bet they're still loud as fuck.

Bane
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Un-Holy **** that was AWFUL.

Yeah he's going straight to hell for that one!!!! Pray to Tebow now infidel:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Deberg_1990
05-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Wasn't that Steelheart?

Yea...i always kind of liked that song. Great vocals. That came right at the end of the hair band era too....91 or so?

Reaper16
05-27-2010, 08:24 PM

Aces High?

Powerslave?

If we're going by the technical definition of ballad and not the popular understanding of it then yes.

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Yea...i always kind of liked that song. Great vocals. That came right at the end of the hair band era too....91 or so?

Yeah, but the second record was much better than the first because it was more "rock and roll" and Mike didn't sing in falsetto.

Funny story: I hadn't seen Mike in years and we ran into him and his girlfriend at the Cabo Cantina on Sunset. We had just seen "Rock Star" on HBO (or maybe Blockbuster DVD - this was like 2003) and I introduced my wife to Mike as the guy that sang nearly all of the vocals in that movie.

Wife: No way!

Matejic: STAND AND UP SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUT!

Wife: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

patteeu
05-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Ballad of Jayne: LA Guns

Heaven: Warrant

Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection: Nelson

Fly to the Angels: Slaughter

Is this Love: Whitesnake

More than Words: Extreme

I've probably heard several of these songs, but I'm glad to say that I only recognize one of them by title (the Extreme song). I do recognize the bands as part of the group of bands that turned me away from what was considered mainstream metal back in those days. The more of these suggestions I see, the more I realize that there is probably a lot worse stuff out there than Metallica's various Unforgivens.

PunkinDrublic
05-28-2010, 08:27 AM
I will say that I liked the commercial that used to come on TV for the power ballads compilation.

Every rocker has a soft side!

PunkinDrublic
05-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change .........

I nicknamed my farts the winds of change.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I will say that I liked the commercial that used to come on TV for the power ballads compilation.

Every rocker has a soft side!

Ah yes! "The Vomit Collection"!

:facepalm:

CoMoChief
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM

**** that. That's a great song.

If you wanna go Metallica, then its "Mama Said" from the LOAD album. Hell that song is even borderline country.

But "Nothing Else Matters" is a good song.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Did 'Shotgun Messiah' have a ballad? If they did, I can assure you it sucked major ass.

(And I don't wanna' fucking hear about how well you know Harry fucking Cody, Dane...)

Omaha
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Never Say Goodbye by Bon Jovi... and as I type the title, the song is getting stuck in my head.

Consistent1
05-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Man, I got neg-repped by Reaper...if I wasn't drinkin' a Max Ice and listening to Quiet Riot, I might be pissed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 02:21 PM
"FI-nallllly found teh cawwwwwwkkk
of-a life-tiiiiiiiime"...

:spock::facepalm:

http://www.starsareblind.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/firehouse.jpg

notorious
05-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Then Silent Lucidity should be worst metal ballad.

No way!

Ballad of Jane

Anything Firehouse was pretty bad.

notorious
05-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Faster Pussycat had a song that made me want to shove icepicks in my ears.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 03:33 PM
No way!

Ballad of Jane

That song was fucking Motzart compared to most of that shit.

DaneMcCloud
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
No way!

Ballad of Jane

I actually thought that "Ballad of Jane" was a pretty good song for that era of metal ballads.

It was sad what happened to Jane. Being decapitated would probably suck.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Faster Pussycat had a song that made me want to shove icepicks in my ears.

"House of Pain" I would imagine.

The rest of their shit was pretty good.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I actually thought that "Ballad of Jane" was a pretty good song for that era of metal ballads.

It was sad what happened to Jane. Being decapitated would probably suck.

LMAO :clap:

Saccopoo
05-31-2010, 08:14 AM

Glad I read the whole thread, because:

THIS.

One of the worst songs in history, let alone worst rock/metal ballad.

Fucking utterly painful.

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:16 AM
"House of Pain" I would imagine.

The rest of their shit was pretty good.

Ya, I liked some of their music. I might have to pull out that old tape and find out what song made me want to drive into a telephone pole.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Anything Firehouse was pretty bad.Enjoy...<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASlhdL4y9XQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASlhdL4y9XQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Enjoy...<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASlhdL4y9XQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASlhdL4y9XQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

LMAO

thurman merman
05-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Worst Power Ballads:

Carrie by Europe

haha that song rules.

PunkinDrublic
05-31-2010, 08:32 AM
Motley Crue: Home sweet home.

That fucking ballad is played at every white trash wedding reception I've ever been to.

Bane
05-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Extreme.
More than words.

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Extreme.
More than words.

Get out of here....

The LAST power ballad:

Saigon Kick-Love is on the Way

Deberg_1990
05-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Firehouse might hold the distinction of last hair metal band I think? Nirvana exploded a few months after they did if I remember right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
05-31-2010, 08:37 AM
Get out of here....

The LAST power ballad:

:clap:

XYZ.
When I find love.

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Firehouse might hold the distinction of last hair metal band I think? Nirvana exploded a few months after they did if I remember right?
Posted via Mobile DeviceThat sounds about right. Firehouse had their 15 minutes during the early 90s.

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:40 AM
:clap:

XYZ.
When I find love.

LMAO.

JFC the years are flying.

Bane
05-31-2010, 08:40 AM
LMAO.

JFC the years are flying.

Yeah I'm like.........:facepalm:

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2010, 08:41 AM
I was a teenager during the 80s. I loved all these hairbands. Kinda cheesy now when I look back on it, but I still listen every now and again.

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

You are right, Firehouse had a few months before Nirvana changed music as we know it.

Bane
05-31-2010, 08:43 AM
I was a teenager during the 80s. I loved all these hairbands. Kinda cheesy now when I look back on it, but I still listen every now and again.

My first concert was in 1990.I was 17.S.I.U in Carbondale,IL had Skid Row,Bulletboys,and Ratt....Was kick ass!!!!

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:46 AM

My friends and I hit Poison whenever they come around. They put on a pretty good show.

A Tulsa concert we went to was probably the best with Poison opening before Def Leppard.

We got to see Slaughter, Dokken, and Poison in Dallas once. There were a shit-load of 35-40 year old nasty, toothless skanks at that thing. It was probably the temporary Camero capital of the world for 4 hours.

PunkinDrublic
05-31-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm actually going to the scorpians farewell tour in July. I'm going to single handedly destroy my punk rock cred in one night.

Gadzooks
05-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Motley Crue: Home sweet home.

That ****ing ballad is played at every white trash wedding reception I've ever been to.

Agree.
I also despise Fly to the Angels by Slaughter. I'd rather listen to nails being run along chalkboards that that douche’s phlegm falsetto

Bowser
05-31-2010, 10:51 AM
All these awful hair band songs piled together = one monumental pile of suck. So, as an interlude (and not to derail this thread), I offer one ballad that DOESN'T suck, imho.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0NHiZXpRVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0NHiZXpRVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KCUnited
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
All these awful hair band songs piled together = one monumental pile of suck. So, as an interlude (and not to derail this thread), I offer one ballad that DOESN'T suck, imho.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0NHiZXpRVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U0NHiZXpRVs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"The Ballad" off Practice What You Preach is the ultimate ballad.

Frazod
05-31-2010, 12:46 PM
My friends and I hit Poison whenever they come around. They put on a pretty good show.

A Tulsa concert we went to was probably the best with Poison opening before Def Leppard.

We got to see Slaughter, Dokken, and Poison in Dallas once. There were a shit-load of 35-40 year old nasty, toothless skanks at that thing. It was probably the temporary Camero capital of the world for 4 hours.

I've seen Poison three times, including last year when they opened for Def Leppard. They've ranged from "meh" to "JESUS CHRIST THESE GUYS SUCK!" Not a good live band from where I've sat, and I generally like their music.

crispystl420
05-31-2010, 01:48 PM
I'll tell you what one of my favorites is:

November Rain.

That song still holds up today, in my mind. Every time I hear it, especially the full version, I think.... damn this song kicks ass. And that's saying something, because I have a tendency to completely get burnt out on music and just toss out past tastes.

I still listen to that song religiously lol

jagerdrinker
05-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Occasionally when the wifes out of town, I squeeze myself into my hammer and sickle hockey jersey and blast some Gorky Park.

"Bang...say da da da da..."

Produced by Bon Jovi...'nuff said.

notorious
05-31-2010, 04:11 PM
I've seen Poison three times, including last year when they opened for Def Leppard. They've ranged from "meh" to "JESUS CHRIST THESE GUYS SUCK!" Not a good live band from where I've sat, and I generally like their music.

Maybe the 15 Rum and Cokes and countless BL's before the concert skewed my judgement a bit......:)

Frazod
05-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe the 15 Rum and Cokes and countless BL's before the concert skewed my judgement a bit......:)

It was probably a couple of gallons of whiskey that skewed C.C. DeVille's guitar playing.

beach tribe
05-31-2010, 08:38 PM

Those are Hair Bands.

Do over.

You're just saying that because you're buddies with Kip Winger.

I'm just kidding. I haven't listened to enough of their music to have an opinion.

beach tribe
05-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Extreme.
More than words.

I like that song.

beach tribe
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah, but the second record was much better than the first because it was more "rock and roll" and Mike didn't sing in falsetto.

Funny story: I hadn't seen Mike in years and we ran into him and his girlfriend at the Cabo Cantina on Sunset. We had just seen "Rock Star" on HBO (or maybe Blockbuster DVD - this was like 2003) and I introduced my wife to Mike as the guy that sang nearly all of the vocals in that movie.

Wife: No way!

Matejic: STAND AND UP SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUT!

Wife: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO
That's awesome. I always wondered who sang those songs. That dudes got some serious pipes.

JD10367
05-31-2010, 09:36 PM
This one's so bad that it's good. When you sing (using that term loosely) as bad as Udo Dirkschneider, when you decide to croon a ballad, it's nothing but Epic Win!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_YdeVE50Zk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_YdeVE50Zk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pitt Gorilla
06-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I like that song.No, you don't. Hell, Extreme doesn't even like that song.

Bane
06-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I like that song.

:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Get out of here....

The LAST power ballad:

GAKK!!!!! FUCKING GAKKK!!!!!! GTFOFF THE STAGE: YOU SUUUUU*******!!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

My first concert was in 1990.I was 17.S.I.U in Carbondale,IL had Skid Row,Bulletboys,and Ratt....Was kick ass!!!!

I'd get plowed and go see that. :thumb:

Agree.
I also despise Fly to the Angels by Slaughter. I'd rather listen to nails being run along chalkboards that that douche’s phlegm falsetto

That pansy-voiced, little sissy fucking shit-heel; I'd STILL love to beat his ass with an alomar-infused, Louisville Slugger.

"Up all ni-"
WHACK!%(/
WHACK MOTHERFUCKER!!!!%(/
WHACK I SAY, AND TWICE ON NEW YEARS, BITCH!!!%(/%(/

]"Bang...say da da da da..."[/B]

Produced by Bon Jovi...'nuff said.

ROFLROFLROFL HOLY SHIT! I'd forgotten all about that...

Bane
06-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Might catch some flack from the KISS loyal,but Reason To Live was awful to me.
For some reason I always thought it should have been named,Reason to choke yourself to fukkn death......

Bowser
06-03-2010, 12:32 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1W6-ErrHls&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x1W6-ErrHls&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Might catch some flack from the KISS loyal,but Reason To Live was awful to me.
For some reason I always thought it should have been named,Reason to choke yourself to fukkn death......

Sounds awful. And if I am unfamiliar with it; it probably is.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/x1W6-ErrHls&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0 width=480 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">
</EMBED>

What will those wacky Senators from Krypton do next?

Bane
06-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Sounds awful. And if I am unfamiliar with it; it probably is.

Decide for yourself.:banghead:
Gotta love the Paul Stanley force grab......Sorry GoChiefs....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HshQidqYxjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HshQidqYxjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Frazod
06-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Sorry, but I like that song.

Of course, I was going through a nasty breakup when it came out, and it's basically a FUCK YOU BITCH I'M MOVING ON song.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Decide for yourself.:banghead:
Gotta love the Paul Stanley force grab......Sorry GoChiefs....

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/HshQidqYxjg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1 width=640 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></EMBED>

Dear God; let's cleanse ourselves of that horseshit immediately!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku00kJVboFQ

Deberg_1990
06-04-2010, 04:12 PM
De Leppard: Love Bites.....love Lep, but always hated that song

Van Halen: When its Love See above...

Bane
06-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Van Halen: When its Love See above...

Yeah I remember hating that mutha****a every time it came on the damn radio.
I thought Bringing on the heart break and Too late for love were killer though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Yeah I remember hating that mutha****a every time it came on the damn radio.
I thought Bringing on the heart break and Too late for love were killer though.

I hated that whole fucking record by the time it was all said and done.

Deberg_1990
06-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I hated that whole ****ing record by the time it was all said and done.

Its a great record, but yea, the problem is, its been so overplayed.

jspchief
06-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I opened the thread only to see Reaper's post about the use of the term "metal".

Then I got to see a Dane name drop.

If KCJohnny would have shown up to post about his Bronze Star, the internet would have folded in on itself and formed a black hole.

It was all worth it to see mention of Saigon Kick and the Bulletboys. but wtf no Damn Yankees?

Saccopoo
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
You want awful? I got awful for you:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuPwc8xgBDI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iuPwc8xgBDI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Saccopoo
06-04-2010, 09:38 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-greVjUEdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-greVjUEdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://routingbyrumor.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/prestone-jug.jpg

Pablo
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I opened the thread only to see Reaper's post about the use of the term "metal".

If KCJohnny would have shown up to post about his Bronze Star, the internet would have folded in on itself and formed a black hole.

It was all worth it to see mention of Saigon Kick and the Bulletboys. but wtf no Damn Yankees?

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
06-04-2010, 10:39 PM

Van Halen: When its Love See above...Def Leppard did a LOT worse than that.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qv829hUuYAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qv829hUuYAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kkGZjWJ8Z8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kkGZjWJ8Z8Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRZumd8uFZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRZumd8uFZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

These make Love Bites look like Dethklok.

Oh, and I really liked the Hysteria album. That tape made a good part of my childhood.

Deberg_1990
06-05-2010, 07:25 AM
but wtf no Damn Yankees?

Can you take me Hiigh Enooough!!!

Deberg_1990
06-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Def Leppard did a LOT worse than that.

These make Love Bites look like Dethklok.

Oddly enough, i like Two Steps behind...it doesnt go over the top. The other two, not so much.

notorious
06-05-2010, 07:37 AM
I like Two Steps behind..

This.

I will hide now.

Saccopoo
06-05-2010, 07:58 AM
This gives new meaning to the concept of "Worst Metal Ballad":

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsLzD1R-QdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsLzD1R-QdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bowser
06-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Who has that smiley emoticon where it shoots itself in the head? Please quote and link....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGSrv1GnXMM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGSrv1GnXMM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Who has that smiley emoticon where it shoots itself in the head? Please quote and link....

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/wGSrv1GnXMM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0 width=480 height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

ROFLROFLROFL Holy fuck. ROFL That fuckin'..ROFL..Roto-Tom Drumset..ROFLROFL

DaneMcCloud
06-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Acknowledging my relationships with nobody 80's "rock stars" is name-dropping?

:shake: