PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Kansas City City Council Unanimously Opposes AZ Law

petegz28
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
By a vote of 13-0 about an hour ago, Kansas City’s City Council called upon the Arizona legislature to repeal it’s controversial immigration law and urged Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform. They also opposed Arizona House Bill 2281 which prohibits ethnic studies in state schools. While tons of cities are doing this, the move is fairly significant since Missouri is considering similar legislation and the author of the Arizona bill is a professor at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. Story follows:

By Kevin Kelly
Catholic Key Associate Editor

KANSAS CITY — The Kansas City Council went on record — unanimously — in opposition to an Arizona law that gives local and state police in that state broad authority to detain and demand proof of citizenship from any person suspected of being an undocumented immigrant.

A resolution opposing the measure, sponsored by Second District Councilwoman Beth Gottstein and Third District Councilwoman Sandra Sanders Brooks, called on the Arizona legislature to repeal the law, and a second law banning ethnic studies in Arizona schools as a way, in part, to send a message to Missouri lawmakers not to attempt the same measure here.

Jude Huntz, director of the diocesan Human Rights Office which supported the council resolution, said that message was important.

“The Missouri legislature needs to realize that the Arizona legislation is not only flawed, it has no place in our state dynamic,” Huntz said following the council vote on May 27.

“Even if we had the same problems as Arizona, this legislation is not the tool for dealing with these problems,” Huntz said.

Gottstein and Sanders Brooks were the only two council members who spoke during a brief discussion of the resolution, which will now be sent to the Arizona legislature, among a long list of resolutions passed by local lawmakers around the nation.

Gottstein said the law places an “undue burden and unfunded mandate” on local law enforcement to enforce federal immigration laws while at the same time giving local police a license to discriminate.

She noted that the law says that Arizona local and state police cannot detain people “solely” on the basis of race, but that word in the law gives them the virtual authority to do so.

“If the police action is based 99 percent on race, then that will be OK as long as it is not ‘solely’ on race,” Gottstein said. “It’s a legal way of saying that discrimination is allowed.”

Sanders Brooks said she watched “in horror” as Arizona lawmakers passed the bill and Gov. Janet Brewer signed it into law in April.

“This will further allow racial profiling,” said Sanders Brooks, who also decried the passage of a second Arizona bill outlawing ethnic studies in the state schools.

“These two bills have had a chilling effect on the nation,” she said. “I hope we can send a strong message that we do not condone what the state of Arizona has done.”

Huntz said he hopes Missouri lawmakers get the same message.

“It is important that the (Missouri) state legislature receive a strong message from our cities that this type of legislation will not be helpful, and in fact, will be harmful,” he said.

The Gottstein-Sanders Brooks resolution also called on the U.S. Congress to pass a comprehensive reform of the nation’s immigration system, an action that is also strongly supported by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.

http://catholickey.blogspot.com/2010/05/kansas-city-council-unanimously-opposes.html

petegz28
05-27-2010, 03:55 PM
How about Kansas City mind their own fucking business???

loochy
05-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Yeah, how about that?

Arizona: Oh no, a city with 2 perpetually bad sports franchises doesn't agree with us. Oh no. :rolleyes:

bluehawkdoc
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
“Even if we had the same problems as Arizona, this legislation is not the tool for dealing with these problems,” Huntz said."

I wonder if they have any clue of what citizens of Arizona (and ultimately all of us face) from our lack of border control?

Video 1 http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html

Video 2 http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438712/index.html

DaneMcCloud
05-27-2010, 04:09 PM

I hope you're prepared for what's on the horizon:

Amnesty for those illegals currently living in the United States and quote "Increased Border Patrols".

I'm sure they'll have some caveats which include proving you're not a criminal, etc. in which that case, you'll be shipped back to Mexico.

But it's just a matter of time.

vailpass
05-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Kansas who?

stevieray
05-27-2010, 04:30 PM
are people really this stupid? something tells me this might escalate into a catalyst for a giant division of our country..

blaise
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Good thing they're making good use of their time. I wouldn't trust those morons with five cents of my tax money.

alnorth
05-27-2010, 04:35 PM
These idiots are simply living in a bubble. What we need is some politician (Obama?) to be stupid enough to push this as a major issue in an election year (please, oh pretty please), to awaken the dormant rage of the public to such an extent that we finally have immigration laws and enforcement comparable... oh, I don't know... AT LEAST like most countries in Europe? The most liberal immigration laws over there grant citizenship at birth only if your parent was a legal resident for 10 years.

blaise
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
And no offense to KC city council- I would think it's generally a good idea to take their recommendation and do the exact opposite.

Bowser
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
They probably ought to be worried about getting their schools accreditted again, rather than what's happening in the desert. Jackoffs.

jettio
05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
How much more taxes are people willing to pay to fund effective enforcement of the existing laws?

Seems to me the biggest reason our federal government is not as strict on border enforcement and deporation of non-criminal unauthorized immigrants is because it would cost more money than Congress would be willing to allocate for it.

Maybe they should have a check the box on the tax forms for everyone that cares so much about it and they can agree to fund it with voluntary overpayments of federal income tax.

blaise
05-27-2010, 04:41 PM
How much more taxes are people willing to pay to fund effective enforcement of the existing laws?

Seems to me the biggest reason our federal government is not as strict on border enforcement and deporation of non-criminal unauthorized immigrants is because it would cost more money than Congress would be willing to allocate for it.

Maybe they should have a check the box on the tax forms for everyone that cares so much about it and they can agree to fund it with voluntary overpayments of federal income tax.

Would you be able to decuct money from other social programs if you do, or would you still be required to pay for those?

alnorth
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Enforcement would be cheap and easy. Illegal immigrants will self-deport if they cant get a job, we just have intentionally lax enforcement against employers.

We already have laws on the books saying that employers who knowingly hire illegals can possibly go to jail in addition to huge fines, we just have laughable enforcement. Scare the living crap out of employers and most of the problem melts away pretty quickly. Then ICE can focus on the few who remain.

As for why we dont? Its because both parties were whored out to special interests: a political calculation on the dem side for future voters, and big businesses wanting cheap labor for the GOP. The "they are doing the jobs Americans wont do" argument may have worked in the 90's, but with 20% real unemployment (counting discouraged and underemployed), there's no way in hell. They are taking jobs Americans wont do for crap wages. Some of those jobs may go overseas, but lets find out just how many will. It is mostly service sector and farming anyway. You cant rip our fertile farmland out of the earth and move it to India.

vailpass
05-27-2010, 04:58 PM

Great. As long as we do the same thing with welfare, foodstamps, affirmative action funds, etc.

As though the protection of our borders isn't a federal duty the results of which benefits us all and so in which we must all share the cost.

jettio
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Enforcement would be cheap and easy. Illegal immigrants will self-deport if they cant get a job, we just have intentionally lax enforcement against employers.

We already have laws on the books saying that employers who knowingly hire illegals can possibly go to jail in addition to huge fines, we just have laughable enforcement. Scare the living crap out of employers and most of the problem melts away pretty quickly. Then ICE can focus on the few who remain.

As for why we dont? Its because both parties were whored out to special interests: a political calculation on the dem side for future voters, and big businesses wanting cheap labor for the GOP. The "they are doing the jobs Americans wont do" argument may have worked in the 90's, but with 20% real unemployment (counting discouraged and underemployed), there's no way in hell. They are taking jobs Americans wont do for crap wages. Some of those jobs may go overseas, but lets find out just how many will. It is mostly service sector and farming anyway. You cant rip our fertile farmland out of the earth and move it to India.

So you are in favor of arresting people and fining people because of who they hire and you think that would be inexpensive and that people would self-deport?

That does not sound realistic and I doubt many people would really like the idea of using government authority to do that if it were implemented.

Saul Good
05-27-2010, 05:06 PM
"So the governor of Kansas wants us to change our law?"

Kansas City, actually. That's in Missouri.

"So the mayor of Kansas City wants us to change our law?"

Actually, it's the City Council.

"What's a City Council? Don't they have a mayor?"

They have a mayor and a City Council that sort of work together.

"Do they at least do a good job? I mean, is the city pretty well run?"

Well, their airport is 40 miles out of town, their stadiums are in the middle of nowhere, and their schools are unaccredited, but they did just build a beautiful new arena.

"A new arena? I didn't even know they had a basketball or hockey team."

You know what. Let's just not worry about their resolution.

"Thank God."

alnorth
05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
So you are in favor of arresting people and fining people because of who they hire and you think that would be inexpensive and that people would self-deport?

That does not sound realistic and I doubt many people would really like the idea of using government authority to do that if it were implemented.

For knowingly hiring illegal aliens in a country with 20% real unemployment? Hell f**king yes. If its too harsh, slap a crippling fine on it the first time, then to prison they go.

Its not like we aren't already doing it, a handful of employers go to jail every year for hiring illegals, its just a token effort to say "look we are doing something! Now leave us alone!"

Saul Good
05-27-2010, 05:09 PM

Yeah. It's a lot cheaper and more popular to pay for emergency room visits every time one of the 15 kids they shit out gets the sniffles.

vailpass
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM

We here in Arizona are just fine with that as are the majority of Americans.

Rain Man
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Morons. Nothing like weighing in on a problem that you know nothing about. If Kansas City gets hit by a hurricane or volcano or something, maybe Arizona should vote that they don't see it as a problem for Kansas City.

Morons.

healthpellets
05-27-2010, 05:57 PM
here's another gem from this Gottstein lady.

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/1720

Gottstein thinks a more effective city codes department is needed to give neighborhoods immediate response to problems such as absentee landlords and abandoned buildings. She said the city council should increase the pay of city workers in order to make the salary more competitive. That would help get the department up to full staff, she said.

Really?

I had an employee come to me once and say, "I deserve a raise to $20 an hour."

I said, "Ok, when I see $20 an hour worth of work out of you, I'll give you a raise."

To which she responded, "Well when I get paid $20 an hour, you'll get $20 an hour worth of work."

At which point I had my answer and told her to go back to work. She never got a raise.

JonesCrusher
05-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Well it's about time, the world has been on pins and needles waiting for KCMO to enlighten us.

Maybe time would be better spent setting up a commitee to get the crack and the hookers of their streets.

BucEyedPea
05-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Would you be able to decuct money from other social programs if you do, or would you still be required to pay for those?

What about all those bailouts we paid for and foreign countries....but we can't pay for this illegal immigration problem? Not when a poor country like Mexico can afford to deport theirs.

It's never really the money. It's what people want to spend it on.

Iowanian
05-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Oooooooooooh ley Ole oleeeee oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Oleeeeeeeee Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ClevelandBronco
05-27-2010, 09:12 PM

I don't think you'll find anyone in here that's much more pro-business than I am, and I'd be fine with seeing employers of illegals do time.

jettio
05-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah. It's a lot cheaper and more popular to pay for emergency room visits every time one of the 15 kids they shit out gets the sniffles.

Do you pay for that?

Do you have the receipts?

The Mad Crapper
05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Do you pay for that?

http://static.newworldencyclopedia.org/thumb/5/5d/Madam_Mao.jpg/180px-Madam_Mao.jpg

talastan
05-28-2010, 12:35 PM
This can't even be considered nosy neighbor syndrome. This is just rucking fidiculous. I hope Missouri passes a similar immigration law to AZ's.

The Mad Crapper
05-28-2010, 12:37 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/Elena_Ceausescu_portrait.jpg/200px-Elena_Ceausescu_portrait.jpg

FishingRod
05-28-2010, 12:39 PM
I wonder when they will let us know their opinion on the importation of Grey Wolves from British Columbia to repopulate Wyoming? Golly, I may not be able to sleep waiting on the brain trust's take on this issue.

FishingRod
05-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I know there is some good, and sometimes not so good natured smack back and forth between Kansas and Missouri but this group of dipshits is an embarrassment to the community as a whole regardless of which side of the state-line one resides in. The Kansas City Missouri school district alone is a big enough wart on the ass of our city that the Mayor and Council people should never and I mean NEVER try to give advice to another City , state or Country. Why don't we just send Skippy the McDonald's Fry cook down to the Plaza 3 and let him give advice to the head chef?

HonestChieffan
05-29-2010, 09:37 AM
The good news is we don't have to spend a dime inside the KCMO City limits. And that will be a lot of peoples reactions to this. Just let KC Continue to be run by these ignorant people as it turns into a bigger and bigger cesspool of urban rot.

If they dont toss these chumps out like they did that group of idiots they had on the school board, KC is doomed.

Saul Good
05-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Do you pay for that?

I sure do. It's right under your receipt for the cost of enforcing immigration law.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 04:05 PM
They don't have to approve; Arizona and the southwest are the fucking buffer-zone for these illegal sacks of Burrow-spunk.

Here's a clue KC:

When you no longer have a "West Side" because the entire fucking town is the "West Side"; the game is over and you've lost.*

*See majority of Phoenix for details. Cocksuckers.

KC native
05-29-2010, 04:13 PM
They don't have to approve; Arizona and the southwest are the fucking buffer-zone for these illegal sacks of Burrow-spunk.

Here's a clue KC:

When you no longer have a "West Side" because the entire fucking town is the "West Side"; the game is over and you've lost.*

*See majority of Phoenix for details. Cocksuckers.

Um, KC has multiple Hispanic neighborhoods dumb fuck. There's North East (which is where the recent immigrants usually move), West Side, and South Side KCK.

oh, and what do you mean by lost? You are aware that Hispanic families tend to have more kids so as a demographic we are growing faster than any other demographic right? It is inevitable that Hispanics become the dominant group in many areas.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Um, KC has multiple Hispanic neighborhoods dumb fuck. There's North East (which is where the recent immigrants usually move), West Side, and South Side KCK.

oh, and what do you mean by lost? You are aware that Hispanic families tend to have more kids so as a demographic we are growing faster than any other demographic right? It is inevitable that Hispanics become the dominant group in many areas.

Um, I know more about KC's neigborhoods than you ever will, so kindly suck ass.

Yes, I'm aware you have shitloads of kids; I ride the fucking bus you know.

Pay fucking taxes and spend your money in the local economy, or please leave.* Thank you/That is all.

*And yes, that applies to cocksucking, outsourcing, "American" companies as well. Thx!

KC native
05-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Um, I know more about KC's neigborhoods than you ever will, so kindly suck ass.

Yes, I'm aware you have shitloads of kids; I ride the fucking bus you know.

Pay fucking taxes and spend your money in the local economy, or please leave.* Thank you/That is all.

*And yes, that applies to cocksucking, outsourcing, "American" companies as well. Thx!

No, you don't dickbag. I was born and raised in KC. A majority of both sides of my very large family are in KC. I still visit KC at least 3-4 times a year. So, you can go fuck yourself if you think you know more about KC's neighborhoods than I do. The only area I didn't spend a considerable amount of time in is north of the river and that's because other than the airport, river boats, and a skatepark there's no reason to venture up there.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
No, you don't dickbag. I was born and raised in KC. A majority of both sides of my very large family are in KC. I still visit KC at least 3-4 times a year. So, you can go fuck yourself if you think you know more about KC's neighborhoods than I do. The only area I didn't spend a considerable amount of time in is north of the river and that's because other than the airport, river boats, and a skatepark there's no reason to venture up there.

Well then I guess you really DON'T, dickbag, because I know every fucking inch of those neigborhoods as well.

But thanks for playing! :thumb:

KC native
05-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Well then I guess you really DON'T, dickbag, because I know every fucking inch of those neigborhoods as well.

But thanks for playing! :thumb:

Says the man who left off the two biggest Hispanic neighborhoods when trying to slam KC and its Hispanic neighborhoods. :rolleyes:

I didn't play in the suburbs bitch. I spent most of my time in East side, West side (westport in particular), North East, and Argentine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Says the man who left off the two biggest Hispanic neighborhoods when trying to slam KC and its Hispanic neighborhoods. :rolleyes:

I didn't play in the suburbs bitch. I spent most of my time in East side, West side (westport in particular), North East, and Argentine.

I've partied in the fucking basement of the Green Duck Lounge, bitch, so you can STFU now.

KC native
05-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I've partied in the fucking basement of the Green Duck Lounge, bitch, so you can STFU now.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, you're so tough. You partied in the hood once. ROFL

I didn't just party in the areas I hung out there. My friends and family actually live in those areas. Run along now tough guy. Wouldn't want you to make anymore threats about shooting people when you wouldn't harm a fly.

healthpellets
05-29-2010, 06:36 PM
wow. two dudes arguing about who spent more time in da hood. really?

vailpass
05-29-2010, 06:38 PM
I sure do. It's right under your receipt for the cost of enforcing immigration law.

LMAO

stevieray
05-29-2010, 06:39 PM

This year notoriety
got all confused with fame

/Don Henley

vailpass
05-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Um, KC has multiple Hispanic neighborhoods dumb ****. There's North East (which is where the recent immigrants usually move), West Side, and South Side KCK.

You say having more kids than you can afford like it is a good thing. You and your cockroach theory.

KC native
05-29-2010, 06:50 PM

Not every part of those areas is the hood. I was talking shit to him because of his dumbass remark about losing if the if all of KC was like the West side.

KC native
05-29-2010, 06:52 PM
You say having more kids than you can afford like it is a good thing. You and your cockroach theory.

I have one child and those people manage to feed and cloth their families fine. Just because they don't value what you value doesn't mean they can't afford it.

patteeu
05-29-2010, 07:29 PM
And no offense to KC city council- I would think it's generally a good idea to take their recommendation and do the exact opposite.

Absolutely.

RNR
05-29-2010, 07:47 PM
These idiots are simply living in a bubble. What we need is some politician (Obama?) to be stupid enough to push this as a major issue in an election year (please, oh pretty please), to awaken the dormant rage of the public to such an extent that we finally have immigration laws and enforcement comparable... oh, I don't know... AT LEAST like most countries in Europe? The most liberal immigration laws over there grant citizenship at birth only if your parent was a legal resident for 10 years.

This~

vailpass
05-30-2010, 11:09 AM
I have one child and those people manage to feed and cloth their families fine by stealing government resources, illegally entering a country, stealing social security numbers, living off of welfare. Just because they don't value what you value doesn't mean they can't afford it.

fyp

notorious
05-30-2010, 11:18 AM
I have one child and those people manage to feed and cloth their families fine. Just because they don't value what you value doesn't mean they can't afford it.

Come to Dodge City, Ks. You can sit at WalMart (HELL) and watch hundreds of Illegals pay with food stamps, then promptly push their loaded cart with 6 children out to their 2010 Escalade.

I have a few friends that work at the hospital in DC. They have a LOT of Social Security #'s that have more then 5 people per #. One file has over 20 people that have used the same SS#. None have paid a single cent. In a few instances, the hospital was sued due to malpractice. The doctor use the file information on the SS# given, but since the Illegal falsely used the SS#, the "patient" was incorrectly treated.

I know Fort Worth has these problems, too. Pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes.

vailpass
05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Come to Dodge City, Ks. You can sit at WalMart (HELL) and watch hundreds of Illegals pay with food stamps, then promptly push their loaded cart with 6 children out to their 2010 Escalade.

I have a few friends that work at the hospital in DC. They have a LOT of Social Security #'s that have more then 5 people per #. One file has over 20 people that have used the same SS#. None have paid a single cent. In a few instances, the hospital was sued due to malpractice. The doctor use the file information on the SS# given, but since the Illegal falsely used the SS#, the "patient" was incorrectly treated.

I know Fort Worth has these problems, too. Pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes.

I'm interested to see if the pro-illegal Native responds to this post.

Bump
05-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Come to Dodge City, KS. You can sit at WalMart (HELL) and watch hundreds of Illegals pay with food stamps, then promptly push their loaded cart with 6 children out to their 2010 Escalade.

I have a few friends that work at the hospital in DC. They have a LOT of Social Security #'s that have more than 5 people per #. One file has over 20 people who have used the same SS#. None have paid a single cent. In a few instances, the hospital was sued due to malpractice. The doctor use the file information on the SS# given, but since the Illegal falsely used the SS#, the "patient" was incorrectly treated.

FYP

vailpass
05-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm interested to see if the pro-illegal Native responds to this post.

Pretty much what I thought. When facts are presented about the illegal parasites that feed off of our system like mexcian ticks the pro-illegal is off somewhere doing illegal drugs while strutting his avocado-like physique.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Pretty much what I thought. When facts are presented about the illegal parasites that feed off of our system like mexcian ticks the pro-illegal is off somewhere doing illegal drugs while strutting his avocado-like physique.drugs?

where'd you say he was again?

KC native
05-30-2010, 03:58 PM

I've been through the welfare process at one point in my life. They VERIFY the social's of everyone who applies for aid. If the socials don't match then no aid. Those people who had food stamps were at least legal residents.

As far as the ER issue, if we had single payor health care it wouldn't be an issue.

KC native
05-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Pretty much what I thought. When facts are presented about the illegal parasites that feed off of our system like mexcian ticks the pro-illegal is off somewhere doing illegal drugs while strutting his avocado-like physique.

Eat a dick. I'm not on your schedule.

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Catch them and shoot them, and if you spot them crossing drop them on the south side of the boarder so we don't have to pay to dig the fucking hole~

vailpass
05-30-2010, 04:06 PM
I've been through the welfare process at one point in my life. They VERIFY the social's of everyone who applies for aid. If the socials don't match then no aid. Those people who had food stamps were at least legal residents.

As far as the ER issue, if we had single payor health care it wouldn't be an issue.

So we are clear: you say the hordes of ILLEGAL mexicans who STEAL social security numbers from citizens then use them to FRAUDULENTLY obtain medical services are not to blame, rather it is the fault of the US government for not providing a single payor health care system?
Do I understand you correctly?
Do I further understand you to advocate the coverage of ILLEGAL aliens under the single payor system you seek?

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
So we are clear: you say the hordes of ILLEGAL mexicans who STEAL social security numbers from citizens then use them to FRAUDULENTLY obtain medical services are not to blame, rather it is the fault of the US government for not providing a single payor health care system?
Do I further understand you to advocate the coverage of ILLEGAL aliens under the single payor system you seek?

Don't waste your time, f&ck him and everybody else defending these third world invaders~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Catch them and shoot them, and if you spot them crossing drop them on the south side of the boarder so we don't have to pay to dig the fucking hole~

Hey hey another tough guy pussy that wouldn't do shit.

vailpass
05-30-2010, 04:11 PM

Says the fat-ass illegal advocate.

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:13 PM

No, you don't understand me correctly.

First off, if no one hired them then THEY WOULDN'T FUCKING COME HERE.

Second, I've never said the illegal immigrants have no fault. You and the other morons out here assume that. I've only given the other side of the argument.

Third, I believe single payor health care is the way to go. If we had single payor then stolen social's at the ER wouldn't be a problem at all.

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Says the fat-ass illegal advocate.

The border patrol is hiring bitch. If you're such a badass, why don't you apply and actually shoot someone instead of making empty threats on a message board?

vailpass
05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
No, you don't understand me correctly.

First off, if no one hired them then THEY WOULDN'T ****ING COME HERE.

Second, I've never said the illegal immigrants have no fault. You and the other morons out here assume that. I've only given the other side of the argument.

Third, I believe single payor health care is the way to go. If we had single payor then stolen social's at the ER wouldn't be a problem at all.

You are the perfect example of what drugs can do to a person.

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:17 PM

Yeah talk shit but you can bet your sorry ass if we ever cross paths you will change your tune scooter. I will put that on my mothers grave~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:17 PM
You are the perfect example of what drugs can do to a person.

You are a perfect example of stupid. Unlike you I prefer to address the root causes of problems so the problems are eliminated. You, otoh, just want to throw some people in jail, stick your fingers in your ear and go "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA."

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah talk shit but you can bet your sorry ass if we ever cross paths you will change your tune scooter. I will put that on my mothers grave~

Suuuuuuuuuuure, buddy. I back down from no one.

vailpass
05-30-2010, 04:19 PM
You are a perfect example of stupid. Unlike you I prefer to address the root causes of problems so the problems are eliminated. You, otoh, just want to throw some people in jail, stick your fingers in your ear and go "LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA."

Unlike you I'm the type of person who knows what it takes to build something.
You are the type that would grab whatever he could and advocates the mexican illegals being able to do the same thing.

Let's say this country could be populated entirely either by people who share my view or people who share yours?
Which way do you think would kill this country first?

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Unlike you I'm the type of person who knows what it takes to build something.
You are the type that would grab whatever he could and advocates the mexican illegals being able to do the same thing.

Let's say this country could be populated entirely either by people who share my view or people who share yours?
Which way do you think would kill this country first?

Grabbing whatever you can is the American way. Take the blinders off dipshit. The mythic perception of Americans that you have doesn't exist and has never existed.

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:22 PM

LMAO keyboard tough guy. Anyone who has engaged in fighting inside the ring and out of it knows better than that. Keyboard tough guy and full of shit~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:24 PM

LMAO keyboard tough guy. Anyone who has engaged in fighting inside the ring and out of it knows better than that. Keyboard tough guy and full of shit~

Ah sweet irony. ROFL

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Riiiiiiight, because saying you don't back down from anyone is being a keyboard tough guy. I've had my ass kicked and I've kicked asses. I don't back down from anyone.

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Ah sweet irony. ROFL

How many men have you faced tough guy? I mean really you started the whole tough guy shit how many men have you battled?

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM

How many men have you faced tough guy? I mean really you started the whole tough guy shit how many men have you battled?

5:03 comes before 5:10 dumbass. You want to try and say I started the tough guy shit again?

Now, as far as you wanting to get into a penis measuring contest, I'm not interested. I don't back down from people. I'm not going to sit here and type out tales about this guy or that guy because I'm completely uninterested in doing so. I've been party to and witnessed shit that only happens in the movies for most people. I have no desire to rehash it on a message board.

If you doubt me, you can ask Mr. Inner City Party Expert aka ROR about East Side KC kids.

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM

No answer, that is what I thought. Piss off you ain't worth my time~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
No answer, that is what I thought. Piss off you ain't worth my time~

Jumping the gun huh sparky?

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
5:03 comes before 5:10 dumbass. You want to try and say I started the tough guy shit again?

Now, as far as you wanting to get into a penis measuring contest, I'm not interested. I don't back down from people. I'm not going to sit here and type out tales about this guy or that guy because I'm completely uninterested in doing so. I've been party to and witnessed shit that only happens in the movies for most people. I have no desire to rehash it on a message board.

If you doubt me, you can ask Mr. Inner City Party Expert aka ROR about East Side KC kids.

LMAO you are full of shit and a punk. Piss off you ain't worth my time~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:37 PM
LMAO you are full of shit and a punk. Piss off you ain't worth my time~

Run along now bitch. School is officially out of session.

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Run along now bitch. School is officially out of session.

Read and remember f&ck head " you are full of shit and a punk. Piss off you ain't worth my time" Good night nancy~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Read and remember f&ck head " you are full of shit and a punk. Piss off you ain't worth my time" Good night nancy~

Is that why you keep posting in this thread? ROFL

RNR
05-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Is that why you keep posting in this thread? ROFL

You are right! I started to get pissed and then it dawned on me I was talking to a chubby never been in a fight playstation playing tool. I am sure you have and great record on video game fights and are a hero in the game world. Have a nice life and btw f&ck your third world friends and family~

KC native
05-30-2010, 04:49 PM
You are right! I started to get pissed and then it dawned on me I was talking to a chubby never been in a fight playstation playing tool. I am sure you have and great record on video game fights and are a hero in the game world. Have a nice life and btw f&ck your third world friends and family~

And again. ROFL

I've been in plenty of fights but feel free to keep making shit up as you go along.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Says the fat-ass illegal advocate.you say fat-ass as if it's a bad thing...

go bowe
05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
You are the perfect example of what drugs can do to a person.and now you're dissing drugs?

that is too much, sir...

too much indeed, i say... :bong: :bong: :bong:

vailpass
05-30-2010, 06:43 PM
you say fat-ass as if it's a bad thing...

Only when it accompanies pro-illegal douchebaggery from the board men's room attendant.

Dylan
05-30-2010, 06:50 PM
"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state lives at the expense of everyone." Frédéric Bastiat

stevieray
05-30-2010, 07:22 PM

RNR has shown up at tailgates Chiefs games. Plenty of people here have met and know him.

the only one hiding behind a message board is you.

KC native
05-30-2010, 07:30 PM
RNR has shown up at tailgates Chiefs games. Plenty of people here have met and know him.

the only one hiding behind a message board is you.

Hey, a nice big bucket of special stupid sauce. Thanks Stevie.

stevieray
05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey, a nice big bucket of special stupid sauce. Thanks Stevie.

post your pic mister east side.

KC native
05-30-2010, 08:09 PM

Absolutely not. I already toe the line when I write about economics and the markets. I don't need the headaches that any of you cocksuckers could cause me if a compliance officer were able to link what I write to me.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 09:27 PM

the only one hiding behind a message board is you.rnr seems to have a bit of a temper, but overall he is a good guy and a contributor to the board...

mr native is also a contributor to the board and seems to be a nice enough guy when he isn't pissing with rnr...

but then again, i like the drama...

[goes to get popcorn]

notorious
05-30-2010, 09:53 PM

Look, I am telling you facts about the real world. These are real people telling me what really happens. I could start a 3 page post about a friend that is a pharmacist and how the drug system is getting manipulated.

There are plenty of ways around any system, especially a government system. Have you ever heard of people purchasing food stamps for pennies on the dollar? How about government cash cards? Maybe, just maybe the KIDS that were born here have the Social #'s to get the Aid.

Pull your head out of your ass. Open your eyes to the REAL world, not some warm and fuzzy place where everyone contributes and goes by the rules.

notorious
05-30-2010, 09:57 PM
First off, if no one hired them then THEY WOULDN'T ****ING COME HERE.

They have built up large enough populations here in western Kansas to set up their own economic base. You don't have to be hired by the hated legal citizen to get work anymore.

Head : Remove from Anus

vailpass
05-31-2010, 11:28 AM

I've seen his pic. He's a fat greasy **** shaped like an avocado. Dude is an ill-bred, uncouth wart on our society. An adult who calls people 'bitch', has been on welfare and advocates for illegal aliens.
This board would be a better place without him, as would this country. But that is nothing he hasn't been hearing his whole life.

ROYC75
05-31-2010, 11:37 AM
I wonder if the KC Council has read the AZ bill ?

Or the Federal Bill ?

I wonder if the KC Council is afraid it will affect them in KCMO ?

Moonbars or Obots, all the SAME.

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 12:03 PM
I've seen his pic. He's a fat greasy **** shaped like an avocado. Dude is an ill-bred, uncouth wart on our society.

I don't doubt it.

KC native
05-31-2010, 02:07 PM
I've seen his pic. He's a fat greasy **** shaped like an avocado. Dude is an ill-bred, uncouth wart on our society. An adult who calls people 'bitch', has been on welfare and advocates for illegal aliens.
This board would be a better place without him, as would this country. But that is nothing he hasn't been hearing his whole life.

The border patrol is hiring bitch. Quit talking shit and do something bitch.

KC native
05-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Look, I am telling you facts about the real world. These are real people telling me what really happens. I could start a 3 page post about a friend that is a pharmacist and how the drug system is getting manipulated.

There are plenty of ways around any system, especially a government system. Have you ever heard of people purchasing food stamps for pennies on the dollar? How about government cash cards? Maybe, just maybe the KIDS that were born here have the Social #'s to get the Aid.

Pull your head out of your ass. Open your eyes to the REAL world, not some warm and fuzzy place where everyone contributes and goes by the rules.

No, I prefer to stay in the realm of reality rather than rely on emotional arguments that are sensationalized and not based on facts.

If the kids have socials then they are US citizens and are entitled to benefits if they fit the criteria for eligibility.

KC native
05-31-2010, 02:16 PM
They have built up large enough populations here in western Kansas to set up their own economic base. You don't have to be hired by the hated legal citizen to get work anymore.

Head : Remove from Anus

:spock:

notorious
05-31-2010, 02:26 PM
:spock:

Now I know you are just trying to get people angry.

I live out here, you live in Fort Worth. You act like you know about this community and area in which you don't even live.

Brilliant.

ROFL

notorious
05-31-2010, 02:28 PM
No, I prefer to stay in the realm of reality rather than rely on emotional arguments that are sensationalized and not based on facts.

If the kids have socials then they are US citizens and are entitled to benefits if they fit the criteria for eligibility.

What about the rest? I love how you half-ass answer one thing and ignore the rest all while going along like you own the argument.

Emotion has not entered my argument yet, ignorant one. Very interesting that you brought up emotion, though, since it is the ONLY reason that anyone is protesting the Arizona Law. It is a enforcement law that cites the Federal law.

Who is making the emotional argument now?

RNR
05-31-2010, 02:40 PM

I live out here, you live in Fort Worth. You act like you know about this community and area in which you don't even live.

Brilliant.

ROFL

That is his game. Just a worthless troll who plays little keyboard games. A total shitbag~

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
That is his game. Just a worthless troll who plays little keyboard games. A total shitbag~

Peas of a pod...

http://www.iaza.com/work/100601C/bodyodor9062998950-iaza.jpg

go bowe
05-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Peas of a pod...

http://www.iaza.com/work/100601C/bodyodor9062998950-iaza.jpgthat's kind of tame for you...

do you have a hangover today?

where's your usual creative vitriol?

i miss me some mr crap...

er, crapper...

mlyonsd
05-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Why does the KC city council care about what AZ is doing? It's not like they're on the front lines like people in AZ.

Side note, I think it's also time to not grant citizenship to those born here if neither of the parents is documented.

RNR
05-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Why does the KC city council care about what AZ is doing? It's not like they're on the front lines like people in AZ.

Side note, I think it's also time to not grant citizenship to those born here if neither of the parents is documented.

That is one of the things these third world people are counting on. They break our laws sneak into the the country and breed. Then try to hang their hat on the fact the kids were born here. Load the whole family up a ship their ass back south~

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 06:25 PM
that's kind of tame for you...

do you have a hangover today?

where's your usual creative vitriol?

i miss me some mr crap...

er, crapper...

It's really gotten to the point of overkill. There is nothing you can really say or do at this point to emphasize any further what a complete fraud, imbecile, and fool Obama is.

go bowe
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
It's really gotten to the point of overkill. There is nothing you can really say or do at this point to emphasize any further what a complete fraud, imbecile, and fool Obama is.ah yes, but he's still the president...

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 07:32 PM
ah yes, but he's still the president...

It's unbelievable.

KC native
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM

Brilliant.

ROFL

So, whose state has a longer border that has a larger number of goods and people cross? Don't act like Texas isn't a border state. We have the same issues you do but with a larger population. Perhaps, you should be the one who takes your head out of your ass and quit pretending like Texas isn't a border state.

KC native
05-31-2010, 08:47 PM
What about the rest? I love how you half-ass answer one thing and ignore the rest all while going along like you own the argument.

Emotion has not entered my argument yet, ignorant one. Very interesting that you brought up emotion, though, since it is the ONLY reason that anyone is protesting the Arizona Law. It is a enforcement law that cites the Federal law.

Who is making the emotional argument now?

Not emotional at all. The Arizona law gives officers a pretext to stop people for "looking" like an illegal. American citizens will have to deal with this fall out. That alone makes this law bullshit.

KC native
05-31-2010, 08:48 PM
That is one of the things these third world people are counting on. They break our laws sneak into the the country and breed. Then try to hang their hat on the fact the kids were born here. Load the whole family up a ship their ass back south~

Hey tough guy, you do know that the border patrol is hiring right?

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Not emotional at all. The Arizona law gives officers a pretext to stop people for "looking" like an illegal. American citizens will have to deal with this fall out. That alone makes this law bullshit.

Link to the actual law? I want to see the part that states,"If a person 'looks' like they are illegal, you have the right to arrest".

Don't worry about looking. It doesn't exist. ROFL

banyon
05-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Link to the actual law? I want to see the part that states,"If a person 'looks' like they are illegal, you have the right to arrest".

Don't worry about looking. It doesn't exist. ROFL

<a title="View SB_1070_Signed on Scribd" href="http://www.scribd.com/doc/31005811/SB-1070-Signed" style="margin: 12px auto 6px auto; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 14px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -x-system-font: none; display: block; text-decoration: underline;">SB_1070_Signed</a> <object id="doc_769793974448894" name="doc_769793974448894" height="500" width="100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf" style="outline:none;" > <param name="movie" value="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf"> <param name="wmode" value="opaque"> <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"> <param name="FlashVars" value="document_id=31005811&access_key=key-1mi7ivwpdrh47tcx52iv&page=1&viewMode=list"> <embed id="doc_769793974448894" name="doc_769793974448894" src="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=31005811&access_key=key-1mi7ivwpdrh47tcx52iv&page=1&viewMode=list" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="500" width="100%" wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#ffffff"></embed> </object>

I think this is the relevant part:

A law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state may not consider race, color or national origin in implementing the requirements of this subsection except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks Banyon. That was fast.

KC Native, let's be clear.

".....may NOT consider race, color or national origin......"

Hmmmmmmm.......

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks Banyon. That was fast.

KC Native, let's be clear.

".....may NOT consider race, color or national origin......"

Hmmmmmmm.......

If you think that is going to prevent profiling based upon looks then I have a bridge I'd like to speak to you about.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:10 PM
If you think that is going to prevent profiling based upon looks then I have a bridge I'd like to speak to you about.

Your claim was that the law created the pretext when it actually explicitly prohibits it. I don't follow.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:10 PM
<

I think this is the relevant part:

The relevant part to me is the any lawful contact. As a prosecutor, you know this gives an officer a lot of leeway.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Your claim was that the law created the pretext when it actually explicitly prohibits it. I don't follow.

"Any lawful contact" covers a lot of interactions between LEOs and civilians doesn't it?

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Hey, Tom, how does it feel to not be able to contribute to any discussions?

ROFL @ your meaningless rep.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:16 PM
"Any lawful contact" covers a lot of interactions between LEOs and civilians doesn't it?

It covers 1) encounters generated by reasonable suspicion of criminal activity (which is already allowed), 2)public safety stops (which is already allowed), 3) voluntary encounters (which are already allowed), and 4) compelling exceptions, like DUI checkpoints, etc. (which are already allowed).

It doesn't expand any of these encounters beyond what police can do in any other state. What do you think that the law (as it is written) expands?

The main difference is that if someone is incarcerated and they are here illegally , they will be deported, and it won't be a matter of the whims of the particular law enforcement agency about whether to contact ICE.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:20 PM

Why would LEOs suddenly go around arresting innocent people? What's in it for them? Do you think that they enjoy the unnecessary paperwork? Do they like risking losing their jobs for making false arrests? Does the state just have so much money that they want to house extra prisoners and then pay out huge sums of cash after losing lawsuits?

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:22 PM
The main difference is that if someone is incarcerated and they are here illegally , they will be deported, and it won't be a matter of the whims of the particular law enforcement agency about whether to contact ICE.

So you're saying that this law actually provides equal protection? Where have I heard that term used before? I trust that native will retract his opposition, as all of his assertions have proven to be entirely at odds with the facts.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:25 PM
It covers 1) encounters generated by reasonable suspicion of criminal activity (which is already allowed), 2)public safety stops (which is already allowed), 3) voluntary encounters (which are already allowed), and 4) compelling exceptions, like DUI checkpoints, etc. (which are already allowed).

It doesn't expand any of these encounters beyond what police can do in any other state. What do you think that the law (as it is written) expands?

Did I claim that it expands on anything?

Let's be realistic about it though. You and I both know a police officer can easily make up any of those pretexts to initiate a stop which means the "race, etc." can't be used language is meaningless.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM

Let's be realistic about it though. You and I both know a police officer can easily make up any of those pretexts to initiate a stop which means the "race, etc." can't be used language is meaningless.

Why have laws at all then?

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Why would LEOs suddenly go around arresting innocent people? What's in it for them? Do you think that they enjoy the unnecessary paperwork? Do they like risking losing their jobs for making false arrests? Does the state just have so much money that they want to house extra prisoners and then pay out huge sums of cash after losing lawsuits?

You obviously have more faith in cops than I do.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Why have laws at all then?

retarded post is retarded.

JohnnyV13
05-31-2010, 09:29 PM

Trying actually reading the law instead of reading liberal columnist bs.

The law requires the contact to be "on other lawful business" before police can make a citizenship inquiry.

What really annoys me are all these morons talking about "racial profiling". Hello, if they used that as a substantial factor, they'd have to stop half the people in Arizona.

Border patrol has developed a series of criteria to identify illegals. All Arizona police need to do is hire the same lawyers who train the border patrol to train them.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Trying actually reading the law instead of reading liberal columnist bs.

The law requires the contact to be "on other lawful business" before police can make a citizenship inquiry.

What really annoys me are all these morons talking about "racial profiling". Hello, if they used that as a substantial factor, they'd have to stop half the people in Arizona.

Border patrol has developed a series of criteria to identify illegals. All Arizona police need to do is hire the same lawyers who train the border patrol to train them.

Ask banyon how easy it is for an officer to create a pretext for lawful contact.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:33 PM
I know that when I get pulled over for speeding, I have to present my license.

What is so hard to follow here?!

If there is ANY abuse such as profiling outside of this law, you know that there will be lawyers lined up for miles ready to slap a lawsuit on the state.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM

I agree, but the AZ law doesn't change that fact one whit, and that is what you claimed.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Ask banyon how easy it is for an officer to create a pretext for lawful contact.

Why do you deflect away from the argument that YOU were making? That is a good way to never have to admit that you were 100% wrong about the law.

Read. It does wonders in the quest to avoid stupidity.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:36 PM
I know that when I get pulled over for speeding, I have to present my license.

What is so hard to follow here?!

If there is ANY abuse such as profiling outside of this law, you know that there will be lawyers lined up for miles ready to slap a lawsuit on the state.

You committed a moving violation while operating a vehicle where you are required to carry identification that shows you can operate it. I have no problem with an officer asking for identification in this situation and if he finds an illegal in this situation I have no problem with them being deported provided they don't have children who are US citizens who will be left unattended.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:37 PM

Pretty much it is difficult to drive for a decent distance and not create reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation.

Enforcing some traffic rules, though, I find myself picking them out on the roadway when I look at other motorists.

Basically traffic rules have been interpreted in a way to make it easy for law enforcement to pull someone over, but it has mostly been advanced in that direction to generate drug interdiction stops, which I have no problems with, policy wise.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:39 PM
You committed a moving violation while operating a vehicle where you are required to carry identification that shows you can operate it. I have no problem with an officer asking for identification in this situation and if he finds an illegal in this situation I have no problem with them being deported provided they don't have children who are US citizens who will be left unattended.

Like I said, the law provides that a valid DL is presumptive proof that you are here legally, so the law wouldn't apply.

If you don't have a valid DL and are driving a car around, then that is a misdemeanor in every state which does subject you to arrest. This law doesn't alter that. It just alters what happens once you are in custody.

JohnnyV13
05-31-2010, 09:39 PM

I don't need to ask banyon. I'm a lawyer as well. But, I'm not a prosecutor like him.

Police would still have to pull over half the people in Tucson if they used racial profiling as a substantial factor. And, they should have a license anyway.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM

So, if an adult robs a bank, you can't take them away from his/her kids?

Great argument.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
I don't need to ask banyon. I'm a lawyer as well. But, I'm not a prosecutor like him.

I would probably defer to you on questions about patent law as well, so no need to get picky. :D

Saul Good

Ask banyon if he supports this legislation. If he says yes, I assume that you will embrace the law as well. After all, if a liberal lawyer isn't worried that this law shreds our rights, your fears are certainly misplaced.

KC native
Why do you deflect away from the argument that YOU were making? That is a good way to never have to admit that you were 100% wrong about the law.

Read. It does wonders in the quest to avoid stupidity.

I'm not wrong. An officer can fabricate a pretext after the fact (this I know from personal experience). There is nothing to prevent an officer from stopping someone because they look like an illegal under the guise of lawful contact.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:42 PM

Wow Banyon, you are a prosecutor in Ford County? I bet you have dealt with some interesting cases. I hope you are nailing some of the winners around Dodge to the wall.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Ask banyon if he supports this legislation. If he says yes, I assume that you will embrace the law as well. After all, if a liberal lawyer isn't worried that this law shreds our rights, your fears are certainly misplaced.

To be candid, I'm not very "liberal" on this issue. But I think this issue cuts across traditional political divisions. I view illegal immigration as mainly a scheme by corporations to destroy American unions and to devastate the living wages of middle class Americans.

It's not difficult for me to view this in my current town, as two of the largest meatpacking companies in the world utilize this illegal labor because they won't complain about substandard working conditions and benefits. These jobs used to belong to regular Americans and paid decently.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:45 PM
The Arizona law gives officers a pretext to stop people for "looking" like an illegal.

You are not getting away with deflecting the subject that easily.

You clearly stated that the law gives officers the right to stop people for "looking" illegal.

After Mr. Banyon dropped the link to the actual law, you changed your tune.

Now you are saying that crooked cops are going to make up excuses to stop people.

What's next?

Saul Good
I'm not wrong. An officer can fabricate a pretext after the fact (this I know from personal experience). There is nothing to prevent an officer from stopping someone because they look like an illegal under the guise of lawful contact.

This is no different than any other law. Again, why have any laws then? This law couldn't be more explicit in stating that profiling can't be used. Of course the law can and will be abused on occasion. That's true for this law, and it's true for every other law. You're arguing the exception.

KC native
Pretty much it is IMPOSSIBLE to drive for a decent distance and not create reasonable suspicion of a traffic violation.

Enforcing some traffic rules, though, I find myself picking them out on the roadway when I look at other motorists.

Basically traffic rules have been interpreted in a way to make it easy for law enforcement to pull someone over, but it has mostly been advanced in that direction to generate drug interdiction stops, which I have no problems with, policy wise.

FYP

Yes, I know this. This is one area where we will vehemently disagree. You are a drug warrior. I think the war on drugs is a complete waste of time and it has eroded our privacy rights. Prohibition doesn't work.

back on topic now.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Wow Banyon, you are a prosecutor in Ford County? I bet you have dealt with some interesting cases. I hope you are nailing some of the winners around Dodge to the wall.

You have no idea. :)

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM

Police would still have to pull over half the people in Tucson if they used racial profiling as a substantial factor. And, they should have a license anyway.

I agree they should have a license. I also know that anyone who says racial criteria aren't going to be a factor in these stops is blind.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
FYP

Yes, I know this. This is one area where we will vehemently disagree. You are a drug warrior. I think the war on drugs is a complete waste of time and it has eroded our privacy rights. Prohibition doesn't work.

back on topic now.

Methamphetamine is not amenable to legalization. We will certainly have to agree to disagree on that. I see too many of its effects every day.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:48 PM
I agree they should have a license. I also know that anyone who says racial criteria aren't going to be a factor in these stops is blind.

Your claim, though, was that "the law" creates this pretext. Where is the cite? Where is the referent?

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:48 PM

I already know banyon supports the law. I never claimed the law shreds our rights what I have claimed is that it makes it possible for officers to ask about immigration status simply based on looking "illegal."

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
So, if an adult robs a bank, you can't take them away from his/her kids?

Great argument.

Not even close to the argument I was making but carry on.

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Not even close to the argument I was making but carry on.

Both are illegal acts. I know that my example is a harsh crime, but they are both against the law.

The illegal aliens know the consequences of their actions. I hate the idea of breaking up families, but where do we draw the line?

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Your claim, though, was that "the law" creates this pretext. Where is the cite? Where is the referent?

Sorry clumsy language from someone who doesn't have legal training.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of how it will be carried out by the officers in the trenches and how it will effect citizens.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:54 PM
I already know banyon supports the law. I never claimed the law shreds our rights what I have claimed is that it makes it possible for officers to ask about immigration status simply based on looking "illegal."

THIS LAW does that? How exactly? It's already possible. This law specifically excludes it, though. Your entire argument is based on the notion that police can be corrupt and ignore protocol. This is true of any law.

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:55 PM
Both are illegal acts. I know that my example is a harsh crime, but they are both against the law.

The illegal aliens know the consequences of their actions. I hate the idea of breaking up families, but where do we draw the line?

Um, how about drawing it at not orphaning kids and putting them into the state custody system when they have parents who can raise them?

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:56 PM

I'm looking at it from the perspective of how it will be carried out by the officers in the trenches and how it will effect citizens.

Histrionics with no basis in reality...

notorious
05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Um, how about drawing it at not orphaning kids and putting them into the state custody system when they have parents who can raise them?

So does the law-breaker get to stay in the US, or do the kids go back to Mexico?

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 09:57 PM

Boy THAT will discourage people from having anchor babies. Let's make laws that are only enforced if people don't have kids. Do you have any more good ideas?

KC native
05-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Histrionics with no basis in reality...

retarded poster is retarded.

KC native
So does the law-breaker get to stay in the US, or do the kids go back to Mexico?

If the kids are citizens then the parents stay here.

notorious
Boy THAT will discourage people from having anchor babies. Let's make laws that are only enforced if people don't have kids. Do you have any more good ideas?

I know, but at least we are having a civil conversation.

banyon
05-31-2010, 09:59 PM

Like I said, and like Go Bowe pointed out, it requires lawful contact prior to the immigration contact coming up, so it doesn't expand anything as far as the context of police encounters is concerned.

notorious
05-31-2010, 10:00 PM
If the kids are citizens then the parents stay here.

ROFL

Once again, when a LEGAL CITIZEN breaks the law, why should he/she get a harsher punishment then an ILLEGAL ALIEN?

Your argument makes absolutely zero sense.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Like I said, and like Go Bowe pointed out, it requires lawful contact prior to the immigration contact coming up, so it doesn't expand anything as far as the context of police encounters is concerned.

Yes, but let's not act like lawful contact is difficult to make happen.

Local law enforcement should be looking for criminals not illegal immigrants.

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
ROFL

Once again, when a LEGAL CITIZEN breaks the law, why should he/she get a harsher punishment then an ILLEGAL ALIEN?

Just as an interesting aside, I often get arguments from defense attorneys that because their client is going to possibly be deported, I should go easy on the offender. I usually reply by stating that I don't know why the fact that someone is here illegally means they should be treated preferentially better than a citizen who commits the same offense.

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Yes, but let's not act like lawful contact is difficult to make happen.

Local law enforcement should be looking for criminals not illegal immigrants.

Who acted like that?

Further, what does this law alter about that situation?

Be specific, or are you backing off that claim?

notorious
05-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Just as an interesting aside, I often get arguments from defense attorneys that because their client is going to possibly be deported, I should go easy on the offender. I usually reply by stating that I don't know why the fact that someone is here illegally means they should be treated preferentially better than a citizen who commits the same offense.

Can't blame them for trying, but I bet is is hard for you to avoid laughing when they present that in court.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:08 PM
ROFL

Again, not the argument I was making. If an illegal violates a statute that requires jail time such as property crimes or violent crimes then they should go to jail for that crime.

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Can't blame them for trying, but I bet is is hard for you to avoid laughing when they present that in court.

Unfortunately, some of my colleagues and some judges do, in fact, buy into that argument.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Who acted like that?

Further, what does this law alter about that situation?

Be specific, or are you backing off that claim?

Not you.

The law alters the situation by empowering local officers to do a federal agent's job.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:13 PM

A defense attorney being a defense attorney. Does that surprise you?

notorious
Again, not the argument I was making. If an illegal violates a statute that requires jail time such as property crimes or violent crimes then they should go to jail for that crime.

So do you just pat the illegal on the head after they served their time or the initial crime and say,"Well, since you have kids, we are going to forget that you broke this other law."

That would be like a person getting a DUI, then telling them,"Well, since you have kids, we are going to forget about you not having insurance, driving with a suspended license, and having expired registration."

I HATE the idea of breaking up families, but that should never be a "Get out of Jail" card.

KC native
Unfortunately, some of my colleagues and some judges do, in fact, buy into that argument.

Well, they shouldn't. That is unfortunate.

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Not you.

The law alters the situation by empowering local officers to do a federal agent's job.

That authority already exists within the current Federal framework by allowing contracting between local LEO's and ICE.

But in any event, your original claim was about average contact on the street and the law that somehow expanded it.

What I am asking is for a direct reference to the law or a retraction.

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
So do you just pat the illegal on the head after they served their time or the initial crime and say,"Well, since you have kids, we are going to forget that you broke this other law."

That would be like a person getting a DUI, then telling them,"Well, since you have kids, we are going to forget about you not having insurance, driving with a suspended license, and having expired registration."

I HATE the idea of breaking up families, but that should never be a "Get out of Jail" card.

That card is trotted out so much it is sickening.

KC native

At that point there is obviously someone who has cared for the kids. Deport him/her.

I have no problem deporting illegal immigrants who commit crimes other than being here illegally.

I do take issue with deporting people for no other reason than they are illegal because our immigration system is so broken.

banyon
At that point there is obviously someone who has cared for the kids. Deport him/her.

I have no problem deporting illegal immigrants who commit crimes other than being here illegally.

I do take issue with deporting people for no other reason than they are illegal because our immigration system is so broken.

Do you think we allow enough legal immigration?

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:17 PM
That authority already exists within the current Federal framework by allowing contracting between local LEO's and ICE.

But in any event, your original claim was about average contact on the street and the law that somehow expanded it.

IIRC that authority in the Federal framework is dependent on training and the municipality agreeing to carry out those duties. The Arizona law empowers all officers with that ability now.

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:20 PM
IIRC that authority in the Federal framework is dependent on training and the municipality agreeing to carry out those duties. The Arizona law empowers all officers with that ability now.

Why didn't you address the question about the law itself?

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Do you think we allow enough legal immigration?

In a way, yes and in a way no. When it takes 7 years for your application for residency to be reviewed unless you have a sponsor then I think something is wrong.

To me it comes down to the fact that we have millions of people here who could be contributing more to society. It isn't feasible to deport them all and stop gap measures such as the Arizona law don't fix the problem.

The only reason I support an amnesty program is because we have to come up with a way to integrate these people into society or else we are just going to see the problems we have now get worse.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Why didn't you address the question about the law itself?

Um, doesn't that last sentence not address the law?

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:31 PM
In a way, yes and in a way no. When it takes 7 years for your application for residency to be reviewed unless you have a sponsor then I think something is wrong.

To me it comes down to the fact that we have millions of people here who could be contributing more to society. It isn't feasible to deport them all and stop gap measures such as the Arizona law don't fix the problem.

The only reason I support an amnesty program is because we have to come up with a way to integrate these people into society or else we are just going to see the problems we have now get worse.

Here is a chart about the increase, does it allow enough?

banyon
05-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Um, doesn't that last sentence not address the law?

No, you didn't address the alleged expansion of the law, ever.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Here is a chart about the increase, does it allow enough?

And it's a poor chart. It looks impressive but completely ignores the growth of the US population as well.

notorious
05-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Goodnight Gentlemen. Thanks for the civil conversation.

KC native
05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
No, you didn't address the alleged expansion of the law, ever.

Yes, I did. Earlier in the thread I stated it didn't expand the reasons for a stop. What I did claim is that the language banning the use of race is meaningless and in real world situations it is very easy for an officer to create the pretext for a stop. Looking at it from a ground level perspective, the law allows officer's to ask immigration status for simply appearing "illegal."

healthpellets
05-31-2010, 11:32 PM

wow. just wow.

Saul Good
06-01-2010, 06:14 AM
wow. just wow.

The nice thing is that anyone who was on the fence about this issue could basically read 100 posts from native and come away realizing that there is no compelling reason to dislike the law.

He went on and on about how it was a bad law only to have the specific wording in the law used to show that there is no basis for his concern. Now the only arguments are that police are corrupt and won't obey their own law (holds true for any law) and that this is a band-aid (law doesn't go far enough).

KC native
06-01-2010, 01:05 PM
wow. just wow.

So, considering there are an estimated 12 MILLION illegal immigrants here, what do you think deporting 10-50 at a time accomplishes?

HonestChieffan
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
So, considering there are an estimated 12 MILLION illegal immigrants here, what do you think deporting 10-50 at a time accomplishes?

It removes 10-50. Good, lets do that more.

vailpass
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Why does this not surprise me in the least?

go bowe
06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
It removes 10-50. Good, lets do that more.the cost in dollars and scarce manpower resources makes deporting large numbers impractical...

besides, a great deal of attention is being directed at middle easterners in the u.s. and our immigration enforcement people can only do so much...

vailpass
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Then they can take their kids back to mexico with them.

go bowe
06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Then they can take their kids back to mexico with them.my experience is that parents take their american citizen children with them when they are going to be deported if they don't leave...

but i don't know how it's handled with mexican families...

vailpass
06-01-2010, 01:50 PM
my experience is that parents take their american citizen children with them when they are going to be deported if they don't leave...

but i don't know how it's handled with mexican families...

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

King_Chief_Fan
06-01-2010, 01:59 PM

so some laws can be broken and others can't......ok we get it.

patteeu
06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I think I hear La Raza pleading with KC Native to stop talking about this subject.

RNR
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
so some laws can be broken and others can't......ok we get it.

In that shitbags mind our immigration system is broken because every third world scumbag that wants to move here cannot just show up and demand they have the same rights as any other citizens. How dare us want to control our boarder! I bet this dipshit leaves his door unlocked just in case someone wants to move into his house...because it is the right thing to do! They may not like where the live and like where he lives better!

KC native
06-01-2010, 06:48 PM
In that shitbags mind our immigration system is broken because every third world scumbag that wants to move here cannot just show up and demand they have the same rights as any other citizens. How dare us want to control our boarder! I bet this dipshit leaves his door unlocked just in case someone wants to move into his house...because it is the right thing to do! They may not like where the live and like where he lives better!

Wow, you must go to the saul good school for retardation because that's not even close to the arguments I was making.

Hey, if it upsets you so much quit running your mouth and join the border patrol pussy.

RNR
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, you must go to the saul good school for retardation because that's not even close to the arguments I was making.

Hey, if it upsets you so much quit running your mouth and join the border patrol pussy.

Just as soon as they make it legal to shoot on sight :)

KC native
06-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Just as soon as they make it legal to shoot on sight :)

Just what I thought, another bitch ass motherfucker who loves to talk tough but won't do shit. March onward keyboard warrior for there are more forums that need you to talk like a tough guy.

The Mad Crapper
06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Anita_Mao_Tsa_Dunn_160.gif

RNR
06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Just what I thought, another bitch ass mother****er who loves to talk tough but won't do shit. March onward keyboard warrior for there are more forums that need you to talk like a tough guy.

Maybe we will cross paths at a tailgate at Arrowhead some time nancy :)

vailpass
06-01-2010, 07:26 PM

Just look for the fat-assed foul mouth mexican with a police record and drug habit. Most likely you'll find him serving nachos or taking out the stadium garbage.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, you're so tough. You partied in the hood once. ROFL

I didn't just party in the areas I hung out there. My friends and family actually live in those areas. Run along now tough guy. Wouldn't want you to make anymore threats about shooting people when you wouldn't harm a fly.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I lived at Armour and Holmes for the last 7 years of my KC residence, Sir Fucklestick Knobgobbling.

Now, one more time, and please do it correctly:

STFU

:thumb:

KC native
06-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Just look for the fat-assed foul mouth mexican with a police record and drug habit. Most likely you'll find him serving nachos or taking out the stadium garbage.

I don't have a record. If I had a record I wouldn't be able to work in my industry. Go ahead and keep making shit up though. Makes you look real intelligent.

KC native
06-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Doesn't matter. It's not like you would do anything. Keyboard warrior FTW!!!!!

KC native
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I lived at Armour and Holmes for the last 7 years of my KC residence, Sir Fucklestick Knobgobbling.

Now, one more time, and please do it correctly:

STFU

:thumb:

Sure you didn't. People that live in that section of town don't make empty tough guy talk like you do.

go bowe
06-02-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by this?i used to handle immigration paperwork for pacific islanders coming to missouri and parents who were facing deportation were told they could either take the american born child with them or leave it with a legal resident...

things could have changed in the last 10 or 15 years, i don't know, so that's why i say i don't know how mexican families are being handled now, you probably know more about that than i do...

go bowe
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Just look for the fat-assed foul mouth mexican with a police record and drug habit. Most likely you'll find him serving nachos or taking out the stadium garbage.drug habit???

hey native, can ya hook a brutha up?

KC native
06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
drug habit???

hey native, can ya hook a brutha up?

Sure. I'm only an 8 hour drive away :evil:

Saul Good
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Sure you didn't. People that live in that section of town don't make empty tough guy talk like you do.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

HonestChieffan
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

How would he know with nothing to compare it to?

Saul Good
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
How would he know with nothing to compare it to?

No kidding. He's literally arguing with another poster about where that poster used to live. Is there nothing in this guy's mind that tells him that he doesn't know what he's talking about?

stevieray
06-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Doesn't matter. It's not like you would do anything. Keyboard warrior FTW!!!!!

I highly doubt it.

vailpass
06-02-2010, 09:30 PM
i used to handle immigration paperwork for pacific islanders coming to missouri and parents who were facing deportation were told they could either take the american born child with them or leave it with a legal resident...

things could have changed in the last 10 or 15 years, i don't know, so that's why i say i don't know how mexican families are being handled now, you probably know more about that than i do...

Got it, thanks for making it clear.Must have been interesting work at times.

vailpass
06-02-2010, 09:32 PM
I don't have a record. If I had a record I wouldn't be able to work in my industry. Go ahead and keep making shit up though. Makes you look real intelligent.

I could have sworn I'd read you posting about times when you had conflicts with the police. If that is not correct I withdraw the statement.
Exactly what field do you work in?

go bowe
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I highly doubt it.ok, what is it that you doubt?

and hth are you, guy?

are you going to the bash this year?

i want to but it's still up in the air...

if i decide to go, any chance i could catch a ride?

dirk digler
06-02-2010, 10:03 PM

I would like to answer this if I may. Prior to this law local law enforcement in Arizona didn't have the authority to ask if a person is illegal or not. Now they do which opens up the possibility of harrassing American born or legal resident hispanics.

As you probably know laws are not necessarily enforced consistently across law enforcement agencies. A police chief might instruct his officers to ignore or lightly enforce pot smokers or a sheriff might tell his deputies to stringently enforce the illegal immigration law and push its limits or even go over it. As an example the sheriff I worked for "off the record" told us if we catch a speeder and that person lived in the county they didn't get a ticket unless he was going like 85 or over because that person was a potential voter. But if you lived out of the county you got a ticket every single time.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM

Dude, you are a grade-A fucking clownshoe.

KC native
06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
I could have sworn I'd read you posting about times when you had conflicts with the police. If that is not correct I withdraw the statement.

I work in finance. I have had multiple encounters with police and have walked away from everyone (knock on wood).

KC native
06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Dude, you are a grade-A fucking clownshoe.

great comeback bitch. One of my best friends lived in that area. I was over there all the time. One of the best skate spots in KC is over there, 4200 Kenwood Ave, or the slabs as we called it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2010, 03:07 PM
great comeback bitch. One of my best friends lived in that area. I was over there all the time. One of the best skate spots in KC is over there, 4200 Kenwood Ave, or the slabs as we called it.

Oh, so you're 12 years old. Okay; I get it now.

KC native
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM

You are mentally challenged aren't you?

Saul Good
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I would like to answer this if I may. Prior to this law local law enforcement in Arizona didn't have the authority to ask if a person is illegal or not. Now they do which opens up the possibility of harrassing American born or legal resident hispanics.

As you probably know laws are not necessarily enforced consistently across law enforcement agencies. A police chief might instruct his officers to ignore or lightly enforce pot smokers or a sheriff might tell his deputies to stringently enforce the illegal immigration law and push its limits or even go over it. As an example the sheriff I worked for "off the record" told us if we catch a speeder and that person lived in the county they didn't get a ticket unless he was going like 85 or over because that person was a potential voter. But if you lived out of the county you got a ticket every single time.

It's still illegal to harass them based on race. If cops are going to break the law, it really doesn't matter what the laws are now does it?

Saul Good
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM

He can't be 12 years old. He's got a kid. Oh wait, he's Mexican.

KC native
06-03-2010, 04:14 PM

stay classy saul.

HC_Chief
06-03-2010, 04:17 PM

Damn, not right but effing funny. LOL

12, two kids, full beard, and three jobs? haha... I keed, I keed!

vailpass
06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
stay classy saul.

Stay greasy native.

BucEyedPea
06-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Stay greasy native.

:thumb: :LOL: ROFL

BucEyedPea
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
He works for the slime that are ripping off our country's citizens.

dirk digler
06-03-2010, 10:19 PM
It's still illegal to harass them based on race. If cops are going to break the law, it really doesn't matter what the laws are now does it?

News flash law enforcement push the limits of the law all the time but you never know about it. I could find a dozen different reasons to pull somebody over legally. It isn't rocket science.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2010, 11:11 AM

I don't have anything against Mexican-Americans, local or otherwise.

But these fucking worthless burros who pay no taxes, donkey mexican shit-weed and meth across the border, and send most of thier money back to Mexico GOTS TO GO.

Period.

See ya!:thumb: