PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Republican Senator Roy Ashburn arrested after leaving gay nightclub

Count Zarth
05-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Oh the irony.

http://cbs13.com/local/ashburn.arrest.dui.2.1534505.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/04/roy-ashburn-arrested-anti_n_485419.html)

Sources tell CBS13 that a state senator from Southern California was arrested for allegedly driving drunk after leaving Faces, a gay nightclub in midtown Sacramento, early Wednesday morning.

The California Highway Patrol pulled over Senator Roy Ashburn at 2:00 a.m. Wednesday after an officer noticed a black Chevy Tahoe swerving at 13th and L Streets.

The Sacramento County district attorney says Ashburn's blood-alcohol level was .14 percent when he was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving near the Capitol.

Ashburn, a father of four, is a Republican Senator representing parts of Kern, Tulare and San Bernardino Counties, with a history of opposing gay rights

When the officer stopped the state-issued vehicle, Ashburn identified himself as a senator. He was arrested without incident and charged with two misdemeanors: driving under the influence, and driving with a blood alcohol level higher than .08% or higher.

A male passenger, who was not identified as a lawmaker, was also in the car. He was not detained.

Ashburn was booked into the Sacramento County Jail and released on $1,400 bond.

Ashburn issued a statement on the arrest Wednesday afternoon:

"I am deeply sorry for my actions and offer no excuse for my poor judgment. I accept complete responsibility for my conduct and am prepared to accept the consequences for what I did. I am also truly sorry for the impact this incident will have on those who support and trust me – my family, my constituents, my friends, and my colleagues in the Senate."

Ashburn served six years as a state Assemblyman before being elected to the State Senate. According to Project Vote Smart, Ashburn's voting record shows he has voted against every gay rights measure in the State Senate since taking office including Recognizing Out-Of-State Same-Sex Marriages", Harvey Milk Day and Expanding Anti-Discrimination Laws.

The Mad Crapper
05-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Are you a homophobe?

go bowe
05-29-2010, 12:31 PM
no, go chiefs IS a homo...

and he's not republican...

The Mad Crapper
05-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Leslie Kagan hangs out in dyke bars.

FD
05-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Old news.

edit: not because this story is from months ago, I mean because everyone knows every prominent republican is gay.

healthpellets
05-29-2010, 06:51 PM
wait. what? repubs HATE gay people. why would one of them go to a....ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

never mind.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 08:38 AM
Old news.

edit: not because this story is from months ago, I mean because everyone knows every prominent republican is gay.

...and nothing is more prominent than a state senator.

notorious
05-31-2010, 08:52 AM
ROFL

It keeps getting better and better.

Baby Lee
05-31-2010, 09:04 AM
...and nothing is more prominent than a state senator.

And nothing more prototypical than a SoCal State Repub.

Pioli Zombie
05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
This guy doesn't make one decision without first checking with his "staff" and then taking a "pole"

patteeu
05-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Where's the irony?

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Where's the irony?

It's right next to the National Security relevance.

notorious
05-31-2010, 12:18 PM
What's wrong with the Senator trying to tie up some loose ends?

Cave Johnson
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Of course he's anti gay rights... that's right out of the playbook.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Of course he's anti gay rights... that's right out of the playbook.

The guy is a self-hating homosexual who pretended to be anti-gay so as to not be suspected of being gay. What playbook is that?

patteeu
05-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Opposing special gay rights doesn't mean that you're anti-gay. There's not enough information to determine whether he's self-hating or not, IMO.

healthpellets
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
What playbook is that?

the GayOP playbook

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 08:05 PM
the GayOP playbook

So a few gay people try to hide their homosexual tendencies and take the stance of being virulently anti-gay. This has what to do with the GOP? Is the party supposed to somehow know who is a closet case and who isn't?

healthpellets
05-31-2010, 11:44 PM
So a few gay people try to hide their homosexual tendencies and take the stance of being virulently anti-gay. This has what to do with the GOP? Is the party supposed to somehow know who is a closet case and who isn't?

it's a fcukin joke.

Dave Lane
06-01-2010, 05:18 PM
The guy is a self-hating homosexual who pretended to be anti-gay so as to not be suspected of being gay. What playbook is that?

Actually the play book you just laid out

Dave Lane
06-01-2010, 05:19 PM

No but the stance of the GOP forces these people to do this to be electable.

CoMoChief
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! politicians are fucking stupid.