PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Pelosi Blames Bush Admin for BP Oil Spill

petegz28
05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
By: Joel S. Gehrke Jr.
Special to the Examiner
05/29/10 7:38 AM EDT
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.

From Talk Radio News Service:

“Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.

On Friday, the Washington Examiner requested that Speaker Pelosi’s office release the list of Bush appointees to whom she was referring. We’ll let you know when we hear back

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/pelosi-blames-bush-administration-for-bp-oil-spill-95175304.html

petegz28
05-29-2010, 05:59 PM
So let me get this straight....the Dems have been in charge of Congress since 2007. Obama has been on office almost 1 1/2 years.....and a crisis that happened 40 days ago is somehow the fault of Bush???

LMAO ...you know the Dems are in trouble when this kind of shit comes out

BigOlChiefsfan
05-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Pelosi's a one trick pony. BUT she can get a gig in Tiajuana with her one trick.

vailpass
05-30-2010, 11:43 AM
I wonder if we could stop the oil leak by stuffing Pelosi into the hole?
It's worth a try.

Frankie
05-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.

“Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leadership and the industry is clear…I’ve heard no complaints from my members about the way the president has handled it,” Pelosi stated.

And those statements are not facts because...?

memyselfI
05-30-2010, 12:10 PM
If it's true and Lite did nothing to change what was wrong under Regular then he is an ACCOMPLICE to the problem.

End of story.

stevieray
05-30-2010, 12:13 PM
STOP TALKING ABOUT CLINTON! BUSH IS PRESIDENT!

STOP TALKING ABOUT OBAMA! BUSH WAS PRESIDENT!

btlook1
05-30-2010, 12:16 PM
It's worth a try.

Excellent idea!!!!
When that doesn't work hopefully the people vote her dumb ass out of office soon!

mlyonsd
05-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Excellent idea!!!!
When that doesn't work hopefully the people vote her dumb ass out of office soon!

Her self inflated head is too big for the hole.

Frankie
05-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Still she spoke the truth on this. If not, why not?

vailpass
05-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Still she spoke the truth on this. If not, why not?

Shut the fuck up you ill begotten spawn of the straights of hormuz.

vailpass
05-30-2010, 01:20 PM

LMAO
Perhaps we could create room for her head by wedging Napolitano and the rest of president mumble-mouth's worst-cabinet-ever-assembled in there first?

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:21 PM
It's worth a try.considering the size of her mouth, probably more oil would leak out if you put her in the hole (where's mr. crap?)...

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Her self inflated head is too big for the hole.better than my line... :( :( :(

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Shut the **** up you ill begotten spawn of the straights of hormuz.frankie was born in the ocean?

wow, a fish that can type...

amazing...

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
LMAO
Perhaps we could create room for her head by wedging Napolitano and the rest of president mumble-mouth's worst-cabinet-ever-assembled in there first?does he really mumble?

i don't think i've actually heard him mumble (in public)...

do you have a link?

seriously, i'd like to hear him mumble...

vailpass
05-30-2010, 01:29 PM
does he really mumble?

i don't think i've actually heard him mumble (in public)...

do you have a link?

seriously, i'd like to hear him mumble...

Everything the guy says is a constant mumbling stream of psuedo-intellectual grade A bullshit to me. Whenever obama speaks all I hear is "bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit sazzaraz I'm tired I wants me some eggs bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit"

A guy on the golf course last week said it better than I can but this is the gist of how he sounds to me.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Everything the guy says is a constant mumbling stream of psuedo-intellectual grade A bullshit to me. Whenever obama speaks all I hear is "bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit sazzaraz I'm tired I wants me some eggs bullshitbullshitbullshitbullshit"

A guy on the golf course last week said it better than I can but this is the gist of how he sounds to me.it sounds like you might have a neural-sensory hearing loss...

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:32 PM

A guy on the golf course last week said it better than I can but this is the gist of how he sounds to me.and i don't think it's psuedo-intellectual bullshit, it is definitely genuine intellectual bullshit...

vailpass
05-30-2010, 01:37 PM
it sounds like you might have a neural-sensory hearing loss...

:D
Sometimes I wish that were true.

Frankie
05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Shut the **** up you ill begotten spawn of the straights of hormuz.

Still,....

Frankie
05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Shut the **** up you ill begotten spawn of the straights of hormuz.

Actually in a funny coincidence you are more correct than you think. "Ill begotten," I don't know,..., but my dad's first name is Hormuz. Really.

vailpass
05-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Actually in a funny coincidence you are more correct than you think. "Ill begotten," I don't know,..., but my dad's first name is Hormuz. Really.

:D I just said it cuz I liked the sound of it.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 01:51 PM
:D I just said it cuz I liked the sound of it.it was catchy..

Frankie
05-30-2010, 02:01 PM
:D I just said it cuz I liked the sound of it.

And I just said it cuz my dad's name actually IS Hormuz.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 02:08 PM
And I just said it cuz my dad's name actually IS Hormuz.:D :D :D

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

vailpass
05-30-2010, 02:17 PM
And I just said it cuz my dad's name actually IS Hormuz.

It is rather funny that you actually are the spawn of Hormuz.

petegz28
05-30-2010, 09:48 PM

So then I guess it's fair to say Iraq is Clinton's fault, since the head of the CIA told Bush Iraq had WMD's and he was appointed by Clinton? :thumb:

go bowe
05-30-2010, 10:26 PM
So then I guess it's fair to say Iraq is Clinton's fault, since the head of the CIA told Bush Iraq had WMD's and he was appointed by Clinton? :thumb:that's an interesting way to look at it...

but iraq was reagan's fault...

er... or was it eisenhower?

where are all the history geeks when you need 'em?

Mr. Kotter
05-30-2010, 10:34 PM
that's an interesting way to look at it...

but iraq was reagan's fault...

er... or was it eisenhower?

where are all the history geeks when you need 'em?

New Concept, from a "history geek": Iraq was Saddam Hussein's fault??? :hmmm:

Just a thought....

petegz28
05-30-2010, 10:41 PM

Just a thought....

Wow, so following that logic the BP oil spill just might be BP's fault???

go bowe
05-30-2010, 10:42 PM

Just a thought....who was president when the baath party took over iraq?

petegz28
05-30-2010, 10:43 PM
who was president when the baath party took over iraq?

Methinks it was Carter. And why not blame it on him? He fucked\fucks up everything else in the ME.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Wow, so following that logic the BP oil spill just might be BP's fault???well, only if there was something that they could have done to prevent an accident like this and didn't do it would they be at fault, imo...

the rig operating company might also be at fault, depending on the facts, but like rand paul says, sometimes accidents just happen...

ClevelandBronco
05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Nancy's trying to pull a fast one on us, and it's going to work to some extent.

She's trying to get us to fixate on the spill itself instead of the administration's disgraceful response (or lack thereof) to the spill.

The response is the turd Obama's sitting in and the response has nothing whatsoever to do with the previous administration.

petegz28
05-30-2010, 10:51 PM
well, only if there was something that they could have done to prevent an accident like this and didn't do it would they be at fault, imo...

the rig operating company might also be at fault, depending on the facts, but like rand paul says, sometimes accidents just happen...

Actually from what I have been hearing, BP was pushing the rig operators to work faster because they were not meeting their production schedules or something like that.

go bowe
05-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Methinks it was Carter. And why not blame it on him? He ****ed\****s up everything else in the ME.according to wiki, july 68 is when they took power and kept it...

that would have been johnson, not carter...

go bowe
05-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Actually from what I have been hearing, BP was pushing the rig operators to work faster because they were not meeting their production schedules or something like that.that's interesting, i wonder if that could have somehow contributed to the cause of the explosion...

even if it didn't, iirc, there is some issue about a better blowout preventer that they could have used which probably would have avoided the leak altogether...

i can't remember for sure where i read it (although i think it was a thread here in dc), but i think they use a more advanced and more expensive design in norway which would have prevented this blowout...

Frankie
05-31-2010, 08:29 AM
It is rather funny that you actually are the spawn of Hormuz.

And I bet he was "strait" too at the time he spawned me.

Frankie
05-31-2010, 08:39 AM
So then I guess it's fair to say Iraq is Clinton's fault, since the head of the CIA told Bush Iraq had WMD's and he was appointed by Clinton? :thumb:

Is it the same head of the CIA that Bush later decorated with a medal? Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld DEMANDED a report of the existence of WMD no matter what the actual facts were. Obama I'm sure did not "demand" a false report of "everything's-hunky-dory-in-the-Gulf."

I do have a big problem with Obama, though, for not flushing the MMS toilet to get rid of the Bush-hired, oil-industry-connected "inspectors."

Frankie
05-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Methinks it was Carter. And why not blame it on him? He ****ed\****s up everything else in the ME.

Really. Brokering peace between Israel and Egypt was a real **** up in the ME.

Bwana
05-31-2010, 09:33 AM
It's worth a try.

ROFL

Great idea! Pelosi is one bat shit crazy bitch.

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Mountain Lakes canoeist drowns in southern N.J. lake
Monday, May 31, 2010
Wire Service
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

MEDFORD — Police have identified a Morris County man who drowned when a canoe he was in capsized in a southern New Jersey lake this weekend.

Medford police say 23-year-old Jeremy Chan of Mountain Lakes and another man were in the craft when George Bush tipped it over.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 10:27 AM

Which appointees?

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Is it the same head of the CIA that Bush later decorated with a medal? Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld DEMANDED a report of the existence of WMD no matter what the actual facts were. Obama I'm sure did not "demand" a false report of "everything's-hunky-dory-in-the-Gulf."

I do have a big problem with Obama, though, for not flushing the MMS toilet to get rid of the Bush-hired, oil-industry-connected "inspectors."

So if someone is appointed by a Democrat and then screws up under Bush, that's Bush's fault. If someone is appointed by Bush and then screws up under a Democrat, that's Bush's fault.

RNR
05-31-2010, 10:41 AM
So if someone is appointed by a Democrat and then screws up under Bush, that's Bush's fault. If someone is appointed by Bush and then screws up under a Democrat, that's Bush's fault.

You are starting to catch on to how the left thinks~

Frankie
05-31-2010, 10:49 AM

At best scenario for Duhbya he should have removed the "Clinton appointed" CIA Chief when he took office. He didn't. At worst (and by all accounts most accurate) scenario, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld DEMANDED confirmation of WMD existance in Iraq. They were gonna go in and were playing you and I as saps.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 10:56 AM
At best scenario for Duhbya he should have removed the "Clinton appointed" CIA Chief when he took office. He didn't. At worst (and by all accounts most accurate) scenario, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld DEMANDED confirmation of WMD existance in Iraq. They were gonna go in and were playing you and I as saps.

So why didn't Obama remove these Bush-appointed criminals when he took office?

RNR
05-31-2010, 10:58 AM

The left and the right have been playing us for saps forever. I cannot say that I blame them. Our total government has been out of control with both sides selling their brand of bullshit~

Bill Parcells
05-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Poor bleeding heart liberal Frankie getting pwned again.

Frankie, just leave this thread before you make yourself look like a bigger buffoon than you already are ;)

Bill Parcells
05-31-2010, 11:01 AM
The fact that Frankie believes everything Pelosi says is very telling..lol

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Black people built this country. Then white people stole it from Mexico. Then like, the Jews invaded Germany and took over the entire middle east and shit. Saffron for Burma!

Frankie
05-31-2010, 11:46 AM
So why didn't Obama remove these Bush-appointed criminals when he took office?
See post 40. Second paragraph.

Frankie
05-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Poor bleeding heart liberal Frankie getting pwned again.

Frankie, just leave this thread before you make yourself look like a bigger buffoon than you already are ;)

How am I getting pwned?

Frankie
05-31-2010, 11:47 AM
The fact that Frankie believes everything Pelosi says is very telling..lol

Not everything. But this one is certainly factual.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Not everything. But this one is certainly factual.

If it's factual, why don't you rattle off a couple of names of those Bush appointees?

Frankie
05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Black people built this country. Then white people stole it from Mexico. Then like, the Jews invaded Germany and took over the entire middle east and shit. Saffron for Burma!

We all know you know almost nothing about history. But you mocking yourself is somewhat endearing.

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
We all know you know almost nothing about history. But you mocking yourself is somewhat endearing.

Muh muh monkey!

Bill Parcells
05-31-2010, 12:17 PM
If it's factual, why don't you rattle off a couple of names of those Bush appointees?

Look at this quote from Saul that you keep ignoring, Frankie. this is why you are getting pwned. ;)

petegz28
05-31-2010, 12:22 PM

Ah, so Bush bad, Obama good....even though both relied on preveious Admin. appointees. Got it.

Obama is on his 2nd vacation since the spill. Yeah, he is a real winner.

petegz28
05-31-2010, 12:24 PM

So at best, Obama should have removed the Bush appointees. At worst, he didn't. Keep trying to spin your bullshit. I am having fun slinging your own mud back in your face.

Yes, they "demanded" such. You have no proof of that. The head of the CIA said WMD's were a "slam dunk". But you got it all figured out.

Bush keeps Clinton peeps=bad for Bush
Obama keeps Bussh peeps=good for Obama

Frankie
05-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Muh muh monkey!

You forget again. I'm supposed to be on your iggy.

Frankie
05-31-2010, 12:40 PM

ROFL

Oh no. Your side is accusing NP of lying. Burden of proof is on you, dude.

Frankie
05-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Ah, so Bush bad, Obama good....even though both relied on preveious Admin. appointees. Got it.

Obama is on his 2nd vacation since the spill. Yeah, he is a real winner.

No, Bush pittiful, Obama not so good and not so bad. Get back to me when he is late into his administration.

Frankie
05-31-2010, 12:43 PM
So at best, Obama should have removed the Bush appointees. At worst, he didn't. Keep trying to spin your bullshit. I am having fun slinging your own mud back in your face.
Yeah Pete. You are a legend in your own mind.:shake:

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 12:47 PM
ROFL

NP is accusing Bush of appointing cronies. Who are these cronies? How is the burden of proof on me? The burden of proof is on naming names, not making accusations with no substance whatsoever. Nice try.

Bill Parcells
05-31-2010, 12:48 PM
ROFL

but uh you're defending what she is saying. right? :spock: dude, you are a retard..lol..and thats not a political opinion. it is a fact.

Saul Good
05-31-2010, 12:53 PM
but uh you're defending what she is saying. right? :spock: dude, you are a retard..lol..and thats not a political opinion. it is a fact.

Prosecutor: You are a criminal and have broken many laws.

Defendant: What laws are those?

Prosecutor: Are you calling me a liar? The burden of proof is on you.

Frankie: Dude's got a point.

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
You forget again. I'm supposed to be on your iggy.

I don't remember putting you on ignore and I don't remember taking you off, but you're still a f'n idiot.

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Hopey Change™

BigMeatballDave
05-31-2010, 02:27 PM
Politicians suck balls. All of them. Scum of the earth. I think we should take them all and stuff them in the Gulf to plug that leak...

go bowe
05-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Politicians suck balls. All of them. Scum of the earth. I think we should take them all and stuff them in the Gulf to plug that leak...didn't they already try to stuff it with trash?

Frankie
05-31-2010, 05:47 PM
NP is accusing Bush of appointing cronies. Who are these cronies? How is the burden of proof on me? The burden of proof is on naming names, not making accusations with no substance whatsoever. Nice try.

but uh you're defending what she is saying. right? :spock: dude, you are a retard..lol..and thats not a political opinion. it is a fact.Here's ONE try at google. You do the rest of your homework before you post your next uninformed ideolog post.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/05/interior-department-inspector-general-issues-report-detailing-sleaze-at-minerals-management-service.html

Bottom line: Two oilmen with deep connections in the industry and hell bent on deregulating it run the White house for 8 years (motive and opportunity). Throughout their regime almost all of their appointments are one by one exposed to be based on blatant cronyism (Modus Operandi). The next POTUS fails to quickly clean up the MMS from the sleaze bag cronies of the aforementioned oilmen (neglect). And now millions of gallons of raw oil is polluting the ocean every f@#%ing day! When it waddles like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, IT'S A F@#%ING DUCK!!!!

mlyonsd
05-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Here's ONE try at google. You do the rest of your homework before you post your next uninformed ideolog post.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/05/interior-department-inspector-general-issues-report-detailing-sleaze-at-minerals-management-service.html

Bottom line: Two oilmen with deep connections in the industry and hell bent on deregulating it run the White house for 8 years (motive and opportunity). Throughout their regime almost all of their appointments are one by one exposed to be based on blatant cronyism (Modus Operandi). The next POTUS fails to quickly clean up the MMS from the sleaze bag cronies of the aforementioned oilmen (neglect). And now millions of gallons of raw oil is polluting the ocean every f@#%ing day! When it waddles like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, IT'S A F@#%ING DUCK!!!!

Even if true and all why did your boy call for more drilling in the gulf?

Using your logic one could come to the conclusion he doesn't know WTF he's doing.

Question. Was Bush responsible for the Katrina response?

Frankie
05-31-2010, 06:05 PM

Because IMO he's still too hung up on that "political coombaya (sp)" utopia of his. I find that extremely frustrating. He one a landslide election. He should be running through the agenda the voters elected him for. Instead of appeasing the Right. He pissed in the wind with that support of offshore drilling and now he has to lick it off of his own face. I did say I was very disappointed in him with that kind of shit (post 40).

Frankie
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't remember putting you on ignore and .....

ROFL
Don't worry. Enough people here remember. But if you wanna go back to your weasel instincts, be my guest.

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 06:23 PM
ROFL
Don't worry. Enough people here remember. But if you wanna go back to your weasel instincts, be my guest.

Nothing weasel about it, I drink and have blackouts. I do recall I had you on ignore, because you are worthless and contribute nothing of substance to this forum, but I honestly don't recall taking you off ignore, or why. I think maybe it's because I can read your stupidity when it's quoted, and someone was reaming your ass out good and plenty so I took you off ignore so I could read everything even when you weren't being quoted 'cos sometimes it didn't make sense what the responder was saying--- but it was funny as hell, nonetheless. This is entertainment, after all, Flunkie.

Are you and Kc Naive the same person? Yeah I can see it--- some middle class white idiot who started some online persona he's a mexican or some such shit--- but then he realized that isn't enough, so he also creates a sand monkey identity, too.

Frankie
05-31-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't remember putting you on ignore and I don't remember taking you off, but you're still a f'n idiot.

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Obama_Coin_ExactChange_160.gif

Hopey Change™

Nothing weasel about it, I drink and have blackouts. I do recall I had you on ignore, because you are worthless and contribute nothing of substance to this forum, but I honestly don't recall taking you off ignore, or why. I think maybe it's because I can read your stupidity when it's quoted, and someone was reaming your ass out good and plenty so I took you off ignore so I could read everything even when you weren't being quoted 'cos sometimes it didn't make sense what the responder was saying--- but it was funny as hell, nonetheless. This is entertainment, after all, Flunkie.

Are you and Kc Naive the same person? Yeah I can see it--- some middle class white idiot who started some online persona he's a mexican or some such shit--- but then he realized that isn't enough, so he also creates a sand monkey identity, too.
ROFL
Ladies and gentlemen, the prosecution rests. :LOL:

go bowe
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM

Using your logic one could come to the conclusion he doesn't know WTF he's doing.

Question. Was Bush responsible for the Katrina response?is he supposed to know wtf he's doing?

i thought he was making it up as he goes...

which is not necessarily a bad thing...

go bowe
05-31-2010, 07:14 PM

Are you and Kc Naive the same person? Yeah I can see it--- some middle class white idiot who started some online persona he's a mexican or some such shit--- but then he realized that isn't enough, so he also creates a sand monkey identity, too.sand monkey?

racial slurs are uneccessary and offensive...

ask taco john...

go bowe
05-31-2010, 07:15 PM
I drink and have blackouts.how long have you been drinking?

The Mad Crapper
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
sand monkey?

racial slurs are uneccessary and offensive...

ask taco john...

I just say that shit to piss off moonbats and to get some cheap laughs. You know, like a John Valby Christmas special or something.

how long have you been drinking?

Too damn long. I have to go somewhere where I can't get my hands on it. It's the only way I'll stop.