PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Apple can suck my balls

JD10367
05-31-2010, 04:15 PM
I have an iPod Touch that I can't upload pictures to, due to "unspecified errors"; half the music I put on it cuts out halfway through the song; and when I tried to update its software it locked up totally. So much for "ease of use".

Their iTunes program is a cumbersome piece of shit that freezes more often than not, despite the 8994 updates it apparently needs weekly.

I had the first generation Nano, which quickly garnered a class-action lawsuit due to the ease of scratching.

I then bought the first-generation video Nano (the shorter fatter version), which is great except that almost all of the podcasts on iTunes DON'T WORK on it.

Silock
05-31-2010, 04:23 PM
So, why don't you take it back? I'm sure you've done the usual resetting stuff, yes?

Bane
05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a lemon to me.We all have several I Pods and they are synced with Macs,and Pc's.We have zero issues with any of them so far.

DeezNutz
05-31-2010, 05:13 PM
There's an app for that?

WilliamTheIrish
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM
So I take it you're not an Apple "enthusiast" TM?

Bane
05-31-2010, 05:32 PM
There's an app for that?

I love the ex girl friend app.ROFL
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Xzi_9_K-0Y"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Xzi_9_K-0Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

irishjayhawk
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
So I take it you're not an Apple "enthusiast" TM?

I see what you did there.

irishjayhawk
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm curious about the podcasts. What do you mean they don't work? I mean they're audio files...

Mr. Plow
05-31-2010, 08:32 PM
I've been having a weird issue over the weekend with my iPod Touch....we'll sit there listening to music and when it goes to the next song, it doesn't go to the beginning of the song - it starts like midway through it.

It doesn't do it all the time, but once it starts doing it, it won't stop until I hit the "Back" button. Then, it'll play the song from the beginning and work fine until it just happens again.

DaFace
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of the Sansa's. They're about half the price for the equivalent capacity.

WilliamTheIrish
06-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm a pretty big fan of the Sansa's. They're about half the price for the equivalent capacity.

Same here. No bloated iTunes.

CoMoChief
06-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I have an iPod Touch that I can't upload pictures to, due to "unspecified errors"; half the music I put on it cuts out halfway through the song; and when I tried to update its software it locked up totally. So much for "ease of use".

Their iTunes program is a cumbersome piece of shit that freezes more often than not, despite the 8994 updates it apparently needs weekly.

I had the first generation Nano, which quickly garnered a class-action lawsuit due to the ease of scratching.

I then bought the first-generation video Nano (the shorter fatter version), which is great except that almost all of the podcasts on iTunes DON'T WORK on it.

Apple sucks. That's where the problem lies.

googlegoogle
06-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Don't buy apple.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Get a Zune. I have 2 iPods (one's an iPhone) and 2 Zunes, and it's really night and day in ease of use. iTunes is awful.

88TG88
06-02-2010, 12:52 PM
lol zune

DBOSHO
06-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Apple is now eliminating unlimited data, except for existing users.

I guess they dont want any new customers...

Fish
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM

Huh? Apple doesn't have anything to do with data plans....

I believe you're confusing AT&T with Apple.....

QuikSsurfer
06-02-2010, 01:57 PM
At&t is now eliminating unlimited data, except for existing users.

fyp

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
lol zune

Dude, it's well documented that the Zune HD is nothing like its predecessors. It's a great little PMP, and superior to my iPhone in every way except for apps and the ability to make phone calls.

Don't knock it until you try it.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM

Please research before commenting.

98% of users will actually be paying less than they are paying now. If you go over, it's still a very reasonable rate.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20006534-1.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

irishjayhawk
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM

98% of users will actually be paying less than they are paying now. If you go over, it's still a very reasonable rate.

Yep.

The downside is that cable companies argue for tiered/capped service because "98%" of users will not use over the cap.

Unfortunately, that's 98% of users which includes 94% who didn't grow up on the internet, don't know how to download anything, don't buy media content online, etc etc.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Yep.

The downside is that cable companies argue for tiered/capped service because "98%" of users will not use over the cap.

Unfortunately, that's 98% of users which includes 94% who didn't grow up on the internet, don't know how to download anything, don't buy media content online, etc etc.

Nah, it says in the story 98% of smartphone users. My grandma doesn't have a Blackberry.

Pants
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Cowon is where it's at if it's PMPs you want. I have no idea how those things aren't taking over.

irishjayhawk
06-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Nah, it says in the story 98% of smartphone users. My grandma doesn't have a Blackberry.

I was talking about cable companies and cable internet.

Silock
06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Dude, it's well documented that the Zune HD is nothing like its predecessors. It's a great little PMP, and superior to my iPhone in every way except for apps and the ability to make phone calls.

Don't knock it until you try it.

Tens of people agree!

Fish
06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Sansa + Rockbox is still the best MP3 player you can get....

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Tens of people agree!

Only because of the first generation Zune. Anyone who's actually used the HD can tell it's a vastly superior device.

CrazyPhuD
06-02-2010, 05:12 PM

well 98% of users will be paying less now....but very likely far more in the future. I wouldn't give up unlimited data now if I were people no matter how much they temp you.

the reality is this will be coming to every carrier very soon. It's a nature of the technology

AustinChief
06-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Cowon is where it's at if it's PMPs you want. I have no idea how those things aren't taking over.

probably because most people want gimmics and not actual audio quality.

Count Zarth
06-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I love my Zune. Of course I hate the software, but I never use it anyway, so it's all good.

Silock
06-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Only because of the first generation Zune. Anyone who's actually used the HD can tell it's a vastly superior device.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqTYI55K1eo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tqTYI55K1eo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

irishjayhawk
06-02-2010, 07:50 PM

IMO, it takes a real audiophile to care about "actual audio quality".

vailpass
06-03-2010, 06:10 AM
lol at apple fan boy.

Fish
06-03-2010, 08:19 AM

The music quality from my Sansa running Rockbox is so much better than the music quality playing the exact same songs from my iPhone. It's not even close.

Guru
06-03-2010, 12:54 PM
can you put rockbox on a Sansa Clip?

Fish
06-03-2010, 01:00 PM
can you put rockbox on a Sansa Clip?

No.. unfortunately that's one of the rare models you can't load Rockbox onto. Well, technically you can, but it's supposed to be pretty unstable.

There's a list of supported devices on the Rockbox page: http://www.rockbox.org/

Omaha
06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
I love the ex girl friend app.ROFL
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Xzi_9_K-0Y"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-Xzi_9_K-0Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

I love that the law firm listing just above the one selected to "fight restraining orders" was Hall & Oates, PC

whatsmynameagain
06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
The zines getting ready to come out are fucking awesome. Just got my Evo yesterday and man this thing is amazing, FUCK APPLE

Silock
06-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Pretty sure the iPhone about to come out is fucking awesome, too.

UteChief
06-08-2010, 09:03 AM
The music quality from my Sansa running Rockbox is so much better than the music quality playing the exact same songs from my iPhone. It's not even close.

What's your music on your iPhone compressed at. Mine sounds great?

Fish
06-08-2010, 09:11 AM
What's your music on your iPhone compressed at. Mine sounds great?

I have the exact same music collection on my iPhone as I have on my Sansa. Same exact files copied to both. And I'm telling you, the difference is night and day. The majority of my music is 192K.

rad
06-08-2010, 09:30 AM
lol at apple fan boy.

This......."a fool and his money.......... Apple is a huge ripoff. I have 2 Nanos and all I use is my 50 dollar Sylvania 4G touchscreen Mp3 player.

So much easier to use than ipod.

irishjayhawk
06-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I have the exact same music collection on my iPhone as I have on my Sansa. Same exact files copied to both. And I'm telling you, the difference is night and day. The majority of my music is 192K.

I'm at a disadvantage hearing wise but I honestly don't think I could tell a difference.

Not a pro-Apple stance. I just literally have never gotten people who could tell the difference in audio outputs.

JD10367
06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
So, why don't you take it back? I'm sure you've done the usual resetting stuff, yes?

I took it back. The "Genius" at the Apple Store reloaded the software and told me to take it home and register it on my iTunes as a new iPod. I did. It then wouldn't take ANY pics at all, and continued to drop sync. I took it back to the store and they tested it by loading 50 pics onto it, which took around a half-second. So they said it's either my PC (because, of course, they used a nice speedy Mac to put the pics onto it) or my iTunes (which, of course, can't just be deleted, but I'd have to go through my computer in a certain order and delete EVERYTHING Apple... QuickTime, Beacon, the whole ball of wax).

Pain. In. The. Balls.

Silock
06-08-2010, 06:05 PM
You can remove iTunes and reinstall if you need to. It's not hard.

AustinChief
06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm at a disadvantage hearing wise but I honestly don't think I could tell a difference.

Not a pro-Apple stance. I just literally have never gotten people who could tell the difference in audio outputs.

I have pretty good hearing but I have a hard time hearing a significant difference in any of them myself, truth be told.

Fish
06-08-2010, 10:02 PM

I hate to admit, but I've formed an opinion through a combination of listening to the same music on both through high quality headphones, home theater system, and really low quality speakers testing the same songs.

The difference is very noticeable. I think part of that has to do with my Sansa with Rockbox having a very nifty EQ system that's actually accurate. That makes a big difference for sure.

That's not saying that the iPhone output is bad. But the Sansa output is really better.

SpankyMcSpank
06-09-2010, 02:16 AM
What's funny is that while the iphone is a great device(I have 3GS and am getting 3g Ipad), Apple probably has lost the mobile wars already. Android will just be everywhere and so long as it's open enough that people can customize it enough, it'll reach parity on features and coolness. Once the population becomes big enough it'll become the default app dev platform.

irishjayhawk
06-09-2010, 04:52 AM
What's funny is that while the iphone is a great device(I have 3GS and am getting 3g iTouch Senior Citizen Edition), Apple probably has lost the mobile wars already. Android will just be everywhere and so long as it's open enough that people can customize it enough, it'll reach parity on features and coolness. Once the population becomes big enough it'll become the default app dev platform.

I can tell you Apple doesn't see it this way. Android is Microsoft all over again.

Better substance, though.

Shag
06-09-2010, 08:39 AM
What's funny is that while the iphone is a great device(I have 3GS and am getting 3g iTouch Senior Citizen Edition), Apple probably has lost the mobile wars already. Android will just be everywhere and so long as it's open enough that people can customize it enough, it'll reach parity on features and coolness. Once the population becomes big enough it'll become the default app dev platform.

I really don't think the average joe cares, or necessarily even wants, a highly customizable phone. I think one of the draws of the iPhone is that it's simple to operate, and it just works. You don't have to be a techie to have a cool, highly functional phone - the closed OS and app store really make things foolproof for the average user. I think if the iPhone were available on more carriers, it would far outpace Android phones in market share, and I'm not sure it would even be close. With the single-carrier model, it'll be closer, but I still think the end result will be the same.

Now, power users are a different story - I could see Android surpassing the iPhone for this demographic, due to the openness, and the frequent hardware "one-upping" that is inevitable. However, this is a small segment of a very large population...

Guru
06-23-2011, 04:46 AM
No.. unfortunately that's one of the rare models you can't load Rockbox onto. Well, technically you can, but it's supposed to be pretty unstable.

There's a list of supported devices on the Rockbox page: http://www.rockbox.org/

This is no longer true. All versions of the clip are supported now. :thumb:

Time to do some testing.

Stryker
06-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I have pretty good hearing but I have a hard time hearing a significant difference in any of them myself, truth be told.

This. I have a regular Creative Labs MP3 player an iPhone and an iPod. The iPod is in my car and sounds fantastic. All my music is in 320. I use WinAmp as well as iTunes on my home PC. I have never had an issue with iTunes and music. All 3 players sound good to me.

The only thing I hate about iTunes is the BS you have to go through if you change OS's or want to use a device on another PC (i.e. work and home).

loochy
06-23-2011, 08:02 AM
When I had an iPod I NEVER used iTunes. I refuse to put that, with it's spyware-esque QuickTime, onto my machine.

I used Winamp and I loved it.

I was pretty happy with my iPod shuffle too...until I accidentally smashed it at the gym. I just use my (DROID!!) phone for music now.

Stryker
06-23-2011, 09:16 AM
When I had an iPod I NEVER used iTunes. I refuse to put that, with it's spyware-esque QuickTime, onto my machine.

I used Winamp and I loved it.

I was pretty happy with my iPod shuffle too...until I accidentally smashed it at the gym. I just use my (DROID!!) phone for music now.

Above your avatar should say "Now back to the good part!" LMAO

Braincase
06-23-2011, 11:59 AM

Yep. I have the 64GB Zune HD. For the most part, I listen to audiobooks (Audible.com, Overdrive), but when I watch a vid on it, it's solid. Love the Zune store, and I get to keep 10 songs a month. If I have my own MP3's and WMA's, it's no problem adding, either. Oh, and the wireless access is solid.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Apple can suck my balls

Apple is still the best ball sucker in the world!!/Silock

MoreLemonPledge
06-23-2011, 02:45 PM
I was thrilled when I was finally rid of the iPhone. I fucking hated it.

Silock
06-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Apple is still the best ball sucker in the world!!/Silock

There's an app for that.

Mr. Laz
06-23-2011, 09:41 PM
There's an app for that.:p

Guru
06-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow, Rockbox is incredible. What an improvement in sound quality. Maybe I won't upgrade my iPod Touch now.

Fish
06-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Wow, Rockbox is incredible. What an improvement in sound quality. Maybe I won't upgrade my iPod Touch now.

Isn't it? There's a fully customizable equilizer too, so you can tweak it exactly the way you want.