PDA

View Full Version : MU Nick Wrong says Tony Mitchell's grades are bad

Chocolate Hog
06-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Nick Wright: says it looks like the Tony Mitchell issue is similar to Darrell Arthur's issues, in regards to high school grades possibly not being legit. I will link to full report as soon as I can.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Darrel Arthur: wut

duncan_idaho
06-01-2010, 07:53 PM
We'll see what Wright has.

Not exactly new rumors with Mitchell. His "transcript issues" have been talked about quite a bit.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Tony Mitchell: wut

Bugeater
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Me: Who is Tony Mitchell?

Bambi
06-01-2010, 08:13 PM
http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/store/Vendor220/fullscale/07-150-k-40-c.jpg

Pablo
06-01-2010, 08:13 PM
http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/store/Vendor220/fullscale/07-150-k-40-c.jpgAnd....WE'RE OFF.

Pitt Gorilla
06-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Big 12 Issue Day!

Nebraska WR Paul gets minor-in-possession ticket

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Nebraska’s top receiver is suspected of committing his second alcohol-related offense in 14 months.

Lincoln police ticketed Niles Paul on suspicion of alcohol possession by a minor and urinating in public.

Police spokeswoman Katie Flood said an officer spotted the 20-year-old Paul urinating on a fence at 1:23 a.m. Friday. A preliminary breath test measured Paul’s blood-alcohol at .104.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday in a statement he met with Paul and that the matter “has been addressed and handled internally.”

Paul was suspended for the balance of spring practice in April 2009 after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. Paul was not charged with DUI. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving and being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Bugeater
06-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Ok, I know who he is. He's a goddamned idiot.

Saulbadguy
06-01-2010, 08:31 PM
wut

Priest31kc
06-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Not good:

http://www.wfaa.com/home/Star-Basketball-Player-the-Subject-of-DISD-Investigation-95367614.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

DALLAS — Tony Mitchell is being called one of the best high school basketball players in the country.

He was named the top college prospect in the City of Dallas, and he led his team deep into the playoffs this year.

But News 8 has confirmed that Mitchell will not graduate with the rest of his classmates this weekend, and his college future could now be in jeopardy.

Sports writers call the Pinkston High School star one of the best high school forwards in the country. He averaged 20 points and 13 rebounds a game during his senior year, leading his team into the regional tournament for the first time ever.

Mitchell also captured the attention of several major colleges and committed to play for the Missouri Tigers next fall.

But News 8 has learned that Mitchell may not be headed to the University of Missouri — at least right away.

Mitchell transferred to DISD's Pinkston High School last summer from the Center of Life Academy in Miami, Florida, where he was their star player as a junior.

But a closer look at the Florida school starts to reveal a possible problem.

Center of Life Academy is a private school accredited by a home schooling association that is not recognized by DISD. In a Web site presentation, the school makes this claim: "Our athletic program feature one of the basketball program in the nation."

Sources tell News 8 that 14 of the high school credits Mitchell brought with him from the Miami school were not transferable at Pinkston High School. But last November, Principal Norma Villegas let Mitchell quickly make up the credits.

Sources said he took the equivalent of nine course make-up exams in two days — five of them over a two-hour period.

Mitchell passed every test, and — in just a matter of hours — went from being a freshman at Pinkston to qualifying as a senior.

Several educators we talked to call that an extremely rare achievement.

Mitchell then led the Pinkston basketball team deep into the playoffs.

When News 8 started asking questions, DISD's Office of Professional Responsibility began an official investigation. As a result, sources say Mitchell's make-up test credits were taken away.

DISD officials will neither confirm nor deny the findings.

News 8 has also learned that on February 25, after the investigation began, DISD officials forced Pinkston to forfeit one game due to Mitchell being ineligible to play.

Head Coach Nicholas Smith is being suspended for one game next season.

Mitchell's mother told News 8 that questions about her son's eligibility have already been resolved; that he has done nothing wrong; he has earned all of his grades and credits; and will graduate with the rest of his class.

But we have confirmed that he will not graduate with the rest of his class this weekend.

The findings of DISD's internal investigation are to be released in the coming days.

Silock
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I guess I'm in a very small minority of KU fans that thinks this is sad. I want a GOOD MU program to beat, not a crappy one like you've had for years.

KCChiefsMan
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I guess I'm in a very small minority of KU fans that thinks this is sad. I want a GOOD MU program to beat, not a crappy one like you've had for years.

It's more rewarding when we beat them and it's a close, tough battle. But it is still very fun to whip up on them when they suck, like last year. Well, compared to us, they sucked. :D

Chocolate Hog
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Big 12 Issue Day!

Nebraska WR Paul gets minor-in-possession ticket

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Nebraska’s top receiver is suspected of committing his second alcohol-related offense in 14 months.

Lincoln police ticketed Niles Paul on suspicion of alcohol possession by a minor and urinating in public.

Police spokeswoman Katie Flood said an officer spotted the 20-year-old Paul urinating on a fence at 1:23 a.m. Friday. A preliminary breath test measured Paul’s blood-alcohol at .104.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said Tuesday in a statement he met with Paul and that the matter “has been addressed and handled internally.”

Paul was suspended for the balance of spring practice in April 2009 after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving. Paul was not charged with DUI. He pleaded guilty to reckless driving and being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Atleast he didn't get beat up when he was drunk like little Gabbert. But yea Niles Paul is an idiot he's a first round talent with D Bowes IQ.

Sure-Oz
06-01-2010, 09:23 PM
that report doesn't look good at all damn

Bugeater
06-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Atleast he didn't get beat up when he was drunk like little Gabbert. But yea Niles Paul is an idiot he's a first round talent with D Bowes IQ.
Shit, D Bowe has been equally disappointing but I don't recall him ever having any complete WTF moments like Niles had last year.

crossbow
06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Ok, I know who he is. He's a goddamned idiot.

Perhaps Dwayne Bowe could give him some public speaking tips.

BWillie
06-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Dude Eric Bledsoe of Kentucky doesn't know how to read or to do any addition where he has to carry numbers. Derrick Rose didn't even actually take the SAT. I think they'll figure something out.

duncan_idaho
06-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Really nothing new from the Dallas TV station.

It's been known for a while that Mitchell's status would be in the air until August. It's been known that he had some credits that weren't accepted during the transfer that he had to make up.

The biggest issue here seems to be not his ability to qualify per NCAA standards, but whether he was eligible for Pinkston Dallas.

CrazyPhuD
06-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Crap this means Missouri will have to vacate their national championship doesn't it?

kepp
06-02-2010, 06:44 AM
he's a first round talent with D Bowes IQ.

Well, you got the IQ part right.

And about the Tony Mitchell stuff - :cuss: It's a good thing we got Ratliffe, but I was hoping those two could play together for a couple seasons.

ChiTown
06-02-2010, 07:32 AM
shocking!
o:-)

Seriously, there is a reason everyone backed off this kid in the middle of last year. Tony is a major talent, but he's got some serious classroom issues

Pants
06-02-2010, 08:09 AM

I'm just pissed they might have an excuse when we stomp them again. Of course they could just claim they have a "young team" as always, LMAO.

|Zach|
06-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm just pissed they might have an excuse when we stomp them again. Of course they could just claim they have a "young team" as always, LMAO.

Well, they DID lose 3 1k point scorers last year. I kept hearing how Mizzou was supposed to fall into the basketball oblivion last year.

bsp4444
06-02-2010, 08:43 AM
And KU fans wonder why they are hated.

ChiTown
06-02-2010, 08:51 AM
And KU fans wonder why they are hated.

:rolleyes:

teedubya
06-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I hope they figure it out, I was looking forward to an epic season next year of fun shit talk...

You are supposed to find this shit out, AFTER he has been on the team a couple of years, that is what KU does.

Pitt Gorilla
06-02-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm just pissed they might have an excuse when we stomp them again. Of course they could just claim they have a "young team" as always, LMAO.You should have seen all the excuses after the loss to UNI.

Pants
06-02-2010, 10:18 AM
You should have seen all the excuses after the loss to UNI.

ORLY? Are you talking about some fans bringing up the random 3's from Eggmuffin? I don't think that was really an excuse, just more like *sigh*.

ArrowheadHawk
06-02-2010, 11:45 AM
Can't the kid just get a GED?

Saulbadguy
06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Can't the kid just get a GED?

The GED test isn't that easy. I would also think MU requires more than just a GED to be accepted.

Chocolate Hog
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
So Nick Wrong was actually right about a story? Damn.

ArrowheadHawk
06-02-2010, 02:09 PM
The GED test isn't that easy. I would also think MU requires more than just a GED to be accepted.I thought a GED counted the same as a diploma. Its not like the university is determining wether or not he should be let in based on academics.

OnTheWarpath58
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
So Nick Wrong was actually right about a story? Damn.

Sure. He was right about a story some people have been talking about for months.

Go Nick.

Saulbadguy
06-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I thought a GED counted the same as a diploma. Its not like the university is determining wether or not he should be let in based on academics.

Most places require a HS diploma, and an ACT or SAT score, along with various other requirements of academic work.

DeezNutz
06-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Its not like the university is determining wether or not he should be let in based on academics.

:spock:

ArrowheadHawk
06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
:spock:I thought they were giving him a scholarship based on basketball skills. Don't pretend that he has to meet the standards of the rest of the students. He just needs to be eligible in the NCAA's eyes.

Zeke
06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Really nothing new from the Dallas TV station.

It's been known for a while that Mitchell's status would be in the air until August. It's been known that he had some credits that weren't accepted during the transfer that he had to make up.

The biggest issue here seems to be not his ability to qualify per NCAA standards, but whether he was eligible for Pinkston Dallas.

Eligible for Public High School - No
Eligible for Mizzou - CHECK!

Nothing to see here, move along.

WilliamTheIrish
06-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Eligible for Public High School - No
Eligible for Mizzou - CHECK!

Nothing to see here, move along.

Wut?