PDA

View Full Version : Royals Ashamed at the game

bsp4444
06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I was truly embarrassed by a Royals fan at the game last night. After the game he stood by the exit in the right field concourse shouting "f#$% the Angels" over and over. Kids walking by and everything. An Angels fan walked over to him and I was really hoping he would deck this Royals fan that I think has no business rooting for my team. I didn't stick around to see what happened, but I doubt that foul-mouthed punk got what he deserved.

Just venting.

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Meh. Royals are actually winning games for the first time...ever. He's just overly excited. let him enjoy it until he's thrust back into the cellar.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Every fan base has embarrassing retards. Hopefully he got his ass kicked.

Rain Man
06-02-2010, 09:15 AM
What's a guy to do? They won't let him attack the third-base coach any more.

gblowfish
06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
There's uncouth behavior at most sporting events now. Just a shame. Some people weren't raised with manners. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat. Don't scream F*#K in public.

Chiefs Rool
06-02-2010, 09:20 AM
There's uncouth behavior at most sporting events now. Just a shame. Some people weren't raised with manners. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat. Don't scream F*#K in public.

Ya, it's a much different society than it was even just 10 years ago. I think people (kids) are starting to learn social behaviors on their XBOX instead of in real life social situations.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I once heard a story about an uncles dad and his brother at a chiefs game. There was a loud mouth drunk who got tough, went to the bathroom, and didnt come back.

Pants
06-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Why didn't you walk over to him and politely ask to stop cursing in front of your kids? Sometimes that's all it takes.

BigRedChief
06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Dude, that sucks. The main thing I respect about the Royals is the fans, the loyalty they show, the class in which they conduct themselfs. You only get to have one MLB team, for better or worse. The Royals fans take a trimming every year but they remain loyal fans. I can respect that.:thumb:

CoMoChief
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Fuck that we need to teach kids how to cuss at an early age.

Rain Man
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
I once heard a story about an uncles dad and his brother at a chiefs game. There was a loud mouth drunk who got tough, went to the bathroom, and didnt come back.

I had no idea you could flush an entire human being.

blaise
06-02-2010, 09:28 AM
People that curse when there's akids around are total asswipes. I don't care if you're drunk or excited. I've been drunk plenty of times and still had the sense not to cuss when there's kids around.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 09:28 AM
I had no idea you could flush an entire human being.

You have no idea how tough said father and uncle are. none. There dad was a human bullwhip.

-King-
06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Ya, it's a much different society than it was even just 10 years ago. I think people (kids) are starting to learn social behaviors on their XBOX instead of in real life social situations.

:facepalm:
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
06-02-2010, 09:35 AM

I realize you have been around this rodeo for awhile now....so you really think peoples behavior has changed over the past 30 years?

Surely there must have been rude fan behavior back in the 70's and 80's at the ballpark?

Rain Man
06-02-2010, 09:35 AM
People that curse when there's akids around are total asswipes. I don't care if you're drunk or excited. I've been drunk plenty of times and still had the sense not to cuss when there's kids around.

If I can brag a little bit, our downtown area has a big pedestrian mall with lots of stoplights so traffic can cross, so you always have hordes of people who cross against the red light if there are no cars coming or, more often, if they think they can beat the cars that are coming. If there are kids around, I won't cross against the red. It's pretty much the only way I serve as a role model, but kids need to learn not to step out in front of cars.

Nzoner
06-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Was this asswipe in his 20's and trying to be the gangsta type?If so,I know who you're talking about as I saw him too and was thinking someone needs to deck this punk.

KCUnited
06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Last game I went to I had a bridal party of 8 or 9 chicks behind me. Cackled about DeJesus, their teaching careers, motherhood, and The Hills for the entire game.

Not against any rules, but more annoying than the drunks.

teedubya
06-02-2010, 09:39 AM
We are evolving into a culture where a vast majority of people have no real face-to-face communication skills. Most kids people 30 or younger, men specifically, have played 30-50,000 hours of video games... and their social skills consist of Halo conversations and internet trolling.

So, they do what they know... it's sad, really.

Reaper16
06-02-2010, 09:45 AM
We are evolving into a culture where a vast majority of people have no real face-to-face communication skills. Most kids people 30 or younger, men specifically, have played 30-50,000 hours of video games... and their social skills consist of Halo conversations and internet trolling.

... or it's because the guy was drunk.

ChiTown
06-02-2010, 09:56 AM
... or it's because the guy was drunk.

No way. It's definitely the 30-50,000 hours of Atari 2600 that I played in HS.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/Atari2600a.JPG/800px-Atari2600a.JPG

gblowfish
06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I realize you have been around this rodeo for awhile now....so you really think peoples behavior has changed over the past 30 years?

Surely there must have been rude fan behavior back in the 70's and 80's at the ballpark?

Some things that happened back in the 70's and 80's don't happen now, but some stuff that happens now didn't happen then (if that makes sense).

Examples:

Back in the late 1970's and early 1980s at Arrowhead, when the Chiefs were drawing, like, 30,000 for a home game, people would sit upstairs and spark up a doobie and pass it around during the game. GA at Royals Stadium was rowdy, but a fun kind of rowdy. People with families knew it was not a place for little kids, so they'd buy seats in other parts of the stadium. Now there is no outfield GA like back then. There were no green shirted security rent a cops back then. There was stadium security, but not everywhere like now. There was no "texting" the stadium security people to come pull a drunk of of the stands. There were a lot more fights back then between drunk fans. Now, they're on that pretty quick and keep if from getting totally out of hand. Kids tend to be more foul mouthed in public now. They wear shirts with curse words on them, they have no filter, or sense of anything around them. They don't care if you have kids, because they were raised without any manners or sense of community. They act however they want, in front of old people, little kids, or whatever. They'd probably tell a Nun to go F*#k herself is she slowed them down on their way to the beer stand.

Arrowhead has not been a good place to take little kids for a long time. Royals Stadium has parts of it designed like a KiddieLand Amusement Park, so it's still pretty kid friendly, if you stay in the family friendly areas. There's been instances of parents getting out of hand and pushing and shoving and cursing at each other in the Kiddieland section, and that's also an unfortunate sign of the times.

I just think the state of general courtesy in the world is not nearly what it was ten or twenty years ago. People are just more self centered and rude now, and it's a sad reflection of our society.

Now get off my lawn!

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 09:59 AM
home opener w/ the raiders year before last i spent the whole 2nd half throwing peanuts at raider fans/ girlfriends/wives heads.

When they turned around id flip em off.
edit-
I also fucked w/ every dude wearing an ocho cinco shirt at DV last game. Its was nasty.

Dayze
06-02-2010, 10:05 AM
home opener w/ the raiders year before last i spent the whole 2nd half throwing peanuts at raider fans/ girlfriends/wives heads.

When they turned around id flip em off.
edit-
I also fucked w/ every dude wearing an ocho cinco shirt at DV last game. Its was nasty.

ROFL
I could just see their reactions
*turning around quickly".."Alright, G-damnit...who's the mf-er who's about to get his a** kicked-.....oh. Nevermind"

Fish
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
ROFL
I could just see their reactions
*turning around quickly".."Alright, G-damnit...who's the mf-er who's about to get his a** kicked-.....oh. Nevermind"

I was thinking more like Roy D. Mercer....

"How big an ol' boy are you? I aughta just kick your ass right now.... Get outta that truck and I'm gonna... HOLY SHIT, you're a big ol' bastard ain'tcha? Well, anyway..."

Deberg_1990
06-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Some things that happened back in the 70's and 80's don't happen now, but some stuff that happens now didn't happen then (if that makes sense).

Examples:

Back in the late 1970's and early 1980s at Arrowhead, when the Chiefs were drawing, like, 30,000 for a home game, people would sit upstairs and spark up a doobie and pass it around during the game. GA at Royals Stadium was rowdy, but a fun kind of rowdy. People with families knew it was not a place for little kids, so they'd buy seats in other parts of the stadium. Now there is no outfield GA like back then. There were no green shirted security rent a cops back then. There was stadium security, but not everywhere like now. There was no "texting" the stadium security people to come pull a drunk of of the stands. There were a lot more fights back then between drunk fans. Now, they're on that pretty quick and keep if from getting totally out of hand. Kids tend to be more foul mouthed in public now. They wear shirts with curse words on them, they have no filter, or sense of anything around them. They don't care if you have kids, because they were raised without any manners or sense of community. They act however they want, in front of old people, little kids, or whatever. They'd probably tell a Nun to go F*#k herself is she slowed them down on their way to the beer stand.

Arrowhead has not been a good place to take little kids for a long time. Royals Stadium has parts of it designed like a KiddieLand Amusement Park, so it's still pretty kid friendly, if you stay in the family friendly areas. There's been instances of parents getting out of hand and pushing and shoving and cursing at each other in the Kiddieland section, and that's also an unfortunate sign of the times.

I just think the state of general courtesy in the world is not nearly what it was ten or twenty years ago. People are just more self centered and rude now, and it's a sad reflection of our society.

Now get off my lawn!

Well said....we definately live in a "me first" "i dont give a f*ck" society. Now add alcohol into that mix....

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 10:24 AM

I can troll with the best of them and talk shit playing Halo like crazy...

Doesn't mean I don't know how to act in public...

POND_OF_RED
06-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I never understand why cussing is made out to be a big deal anyways. If you don't want your kid to hear cuss words then you should probably board them up in the basement. If you want your kids to go out and experience life then chances are they're going to hear every curse word by the time they're 6. There is no hiding from it. Fuck is pretty much a big part of the English language. The key is to let your kids know that using such words have consequences at their age.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 10:27 AM

ID BET 10-1 youre one of them 'safe in a crowd' type of guys.

ChiTown
06-02-2010, 10:28 AM

what does that mean?

gblowfish
06-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I never understand why cussing is made out to be a big deal anyways. If you don't want your kid to hear cuss words then you should probably board them up in the basement. If you want your kids to go out and experience life then chances are they're going to hear every curse word by the time they're 6. There is no hiding from it. **** is pretty much a big part of the English language. The key is to let your kids know that using such words have consequences at their age.

There's a time and place for everything. The situation described in the opening of this thread is one of those times and places where it's not polite or appropriate. But it is a free country, and freedom includes the freedom to make an ass out of yourself if you so choose.

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 10:30 AM

First off...

I think people who threaten others with violence are fucking gay. Grow up. Nothing more funny than a dude who always threatens to get in fights with everyone...

You can think of me however you want...but I'd rather be me than a guy who constantly talks about kicking someone's ass and blah blah blah blah

Go down a Budweiser and smack your wife around or something.

DJ's left nut
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM

The prosecution rests...

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
First off...

I think people who threaten others with violence are ****ing gay. Grow up. Nothing more funny than a dude who always threatens to get in fights with everyone...

You can think of me however you want...but I'd rather be me than a guy who constantly talks about kicking someone's ass and blah blah blah blah

Go down a Budweiser and smack your wife around or something.

i knew it.

bsp4444
06-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Why didn't you walk over to him and politely ask to stop cursing in front of your kids? Sometimes that's all it takes.

I didn't have kids there, thenAngels fan did.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 10:33 AM
what does that mean?

means he mouths/talks shit when his boys are around or its a sterile enviroment.

Frazod

He's happily admitted as much.

-King-

Its fucking stupid how people blame video games for stupid shit like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
06-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Its fucking stupid how people blame video games for stupid shit like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

We're now in the third generation since our culture was ruined in the 60s. I blame that.

ChiTown
means he mouths/talks shit when his boys are around or its a sterile enviroment.

Ah. Gotchya.

That sounds like me, to a T. :D

Short Leash Hootie
The prosecution rests...
What does that mean?

Talking shit on XBL is just...funny...and it's done with absolute NO SERIOUSNESS by 95% of the people...it's just another social networking tool JUST like ChiefsPlanet...

In terms of people skills IRL...

I know how to act in public in every setting...

The generalizations on this site are hilarious...it cracks me up when people start blaming things on video games...

gblowfish
06-02-2010, 10:35 AM
The other thing that's sad about this is, haven't the Angels beaten the Royals like 11 out of their last 12 meetings, or something like that? Winning one game finally is nothing to go crazy over. Win twelve more in a row, and you just pull even. Royals fans have no right to run smack on anybody.

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 10:35 AM
He's happily admitted as much.

I'm 6'2" 210 lbs...

Regardless of my "fighting" abilities...

I assure you...not a whole lot of people fuck with me...regardless of whether or not I'm a pussy.

Deberg_1990
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I never understand why cussing is made out to be a big deal anyways. If you don't want your kid to hear cuss words then you should probably board them up in the basement. If you want your kids to go out and experience life then chances are they're going to hear every curse word by the time they're 6. There is no hiding from it. **** is pretty much a big part of the English language. The key is to let your kids know that using such words have consequences at their age.

Do you have kids?

I dont think any responsible parent wants a 6 year listening to curse words over and over.

bsp4444
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Was this asswipe in his 20's and trying to be the gangsta type?If so,I know who you're talking about as I saw him too and was thinking someone needs to deck this punk.

He was in his 20's, but I didn't notice the gangsta thing. I'm not sure he ever looked the Angels fan in the eye, but he kept on yelling after I walked out. I hope he got decked, but I doubt it.

ChiTown
06-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm 6'2" 210 lbs...

I assure you...not a whole lot of people **** with me...regardless of whether or not I'm a pussy.

6'2" 210?

Wow, you're a giant!

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Do you have kids?

I dont think any responsible parent wants a 6 year listening to curse words over and over.

-makes 'GAH FACE' and pulls on shirt collar-

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 10:39 AM
6'2" 210?

Wow, you're a giant!

not small by any means

bsp4444

Poor attitude.

Try to control yourself in public.

Frazod
I'm 6'2" 210 lbs...

I assure you...not a whole lot of people fuck with me...regardless of whether or not I'm a pussy.

I guess that's why you've bragged so much about having to get bailed out by your posse.

The funny thing is, you're such a fucking lowlife that you don't even see anything wrong with it.

MOhillbilly
6'2" 210?

Wow, you're a giant!

carefull now. He once killed seven with one blow.

job.

-King-
06-02-2010, 10:42 AM

job.
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
I guess that's why you've bragged so much about having to get bailed out by your posse.

The funny thing is, you're such a ****ing lowlife that you don't even see anything wrong with it.

bailed out really isn't the right wording...

It means...

Regardless of what any of us do...no one is ever going to do anything about it...

and it's fun to be able to rile up randoms that have no common sense...because nothing riles someone up worse then not being able to do anything about it...

Frazod
06-02-2010, 10:44 AM
bailed out really isn't the right wording...

It means...

Regardless of what any of us do...no one is ever going to do anything about it...

and it's fun to be able to rile up randoms that have no common sense...because nothing riles someone up worse then not being able to do anything about it...

You go girl.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 10:45 AM
You go girl.

carefull now. He may try and meat you in a parking lot.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 10:47 AM
carefull now. He may try and meat you in a parking lot.

He'll need to take a number.

Farzin
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Every fan base has embarrassing retards. Hopefully he got his ass kicked.

This.

You'll probably laugh at this, Frazod. But I'm annoyed with KSU fans in the area who say, "Oh great, KU beat us, I have to deal with the Johnson County KU assholes at school and work tomorrow" .. etc.

Every fan base has fans that act like jerks and fans that do stupid things like this.

No one should be ashamed. I'm not ashamed of the fan who ran into the field against the Vikings in 2007. I enjoyed it and laughed when I saw it in person. don't let one fan make you feel ashamed.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
He'll need to take a number.

ROFL wut?

Frazod
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
ROFL wut?

I think I missed your double meaning there. :D

Bearcat
06-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I went to a game a couple of weeks ago with a friend and a couple of other people.... one of them was wearing a DT jersey for some reason..... at the end of the game, someone behind us yelled "Hey, Derrick Thomas is f***ing dead!!!", and repeated a few variations. A couple of women he was with gave him shit, told him to stop being an asshole, etc... it literally fell on deaf ears though, and it's one of the times I wish I was, too. :shake:

milkman
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM

job.

No,.
No.
No.

You misuderstood.

He dissied #7, John Elway, while blowing Peyton Manning.

DJ's left nut
06-02-2010, 11:19 AM
What does that mean?

Talking shit on XBL is just...funny...and it's done with absolute NO SERIOUSNESS by 95% of the people...it's just another social networking tool JUST like ChiefsPlanet...

In terms of people skills IRL...

I know how to act in public in every setting...

The generalizations on this site are hilarious...it cracks me up when people start blaming things on video games...

It means that you have provided many examples of how you act in public and have proven yourself to be a socially stunted half-wit.

You know how to behave in public, just as long as 'public' = throngs of drunken frat boy types such as yourself.

You're pretty much an ideal example of exactly what type of person my generation has spawned. I'd like to say that the dividing line was 1985 and that's why us early 80s folks are still somewhat viable. Unfortunately, the more likely explanation is that a few of us early 80's folks are just lucky outliers contained within a collection of retards and that those outliers became less and less common as the generation progressed.

You claiming to be some sort of paragon of social grace is pretty comical and shows exactly how deluded most of the 'x-box' generation is regarding its value within the grand scheme of a functioning society.

But keep telling yourself how great you are.

DJ's left nut
06-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Its ****ing stupid how people blame video games for stupid shit like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's more nuanced than that, but there's some merit to the discussion.

Read Putnam's "Bowling Alone" for a fairly drawn out explanation of the idea. What it amounts to is that few people are blaming 'video games' anymore for some of these societal quirks. Instead they're blaming what is becoming a more and more isolationist culture for it.

In the 50s and 60s you had bowling leagues, bridge nights, block parties, etc... The world was a fairly small place but you had a lot of direct interaction with those immediately surrounding you. We were a far more collegial society at the time.

With the rise of the internet (and yes, video games), people are finding more and more ways to entertain themselves without direct social interaction. Say whatever you want, but screaming at somebody during Modern Warfare isn't the same as having a neighborhood barbecue.

The old 'video games are the debil' argument has gone by the wayside and has been replaced by the new 'isolationism is the debil' argument. I always thought the video game argument was intellectually lazy and sold people short. The isolation argument, OTOH, has a lot of merit.

PunkinDrublic
06-02-2010, 11:40 AM
You should be ashamed that you didn't do anything about it and are now bitching about it after the fact on a message board. You were hoping someone else would kick the guys ass yet you didn't even have the gall to alert security anonomously?

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 11:43 AM
You should be ashamed that you didn't do anything about it and are now bitching about it after the fact on a message board. You were hoping someone else would kick the guys ass yet you didn't even have the gall to alert security anonomously?

Its not always easy bein a man big. You walk the line of not getting into a physical confrontation & not being a snitch. Two things from day one that are written in the code of conduct society places on people.

DeezNutz
06-02-2010, 11:48 AM
It was probably snugga. You should PM penz to clear this up.

PunkinDrublic
06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Its not always easy bein a man big. You walk the line of not getting into a physical confrontation & not being a snitch. Two things from day one that are written in the code of conduct society places on people.

All I'm saying is he has only himself to blame for being so passive. He had the opportunity to handle it himself but just assumed someone else would handle it.

OnTheWarpath58
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Man, I'm disappointed in this thread title.

Normally, you'd be ashamed for being at a Royals game anyway.

Nice win last night, Yosters.

:D

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 11:58 AM
All I'm saying is he has only himself to blame for being so passive. He had the opportunity to handle it himself but just assumed someone else would handle it.

Thats whats cops and security are for. For the shit that aint our business when someone acts up in public.
Why should he had made it his business? Im sure like most of us he added the odds up in his head in the blink and decided he had more to lose than gain.

I dont scream at every hobo thats drunk & retarded walking through the parkin lot because people get paid to take care of that kinda shit, and make it there business.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I'd blame steroids for this kind of action

PunkinDrublic
Thats whats cops and security are for. For the shit that aint our business when someone acts up in public.
Why should he had made it his business? Im sure like most of us he added the odds up in his head in the blink and decided he had more to lose than gain.

I dont scream at every hobo thats drunk & retarded walking through the parkin lot because people get paid to take care of that kinda shit, and make it there business.

But then don't bitch about it after the fact. He could have gone to security and they would have never known who snitched on him.

blaise

And most people understand that. It doesn't mean a person isn't an asswipe for doing it in front of little kids though. It's a d-bag move.

blaise
06-02-2010, 12:06 PM
But then don't bitch about it after the fact. He could have gone to security and they would have never known who snitched on him.

It's a message board. People come here and bitch about stuff all the time.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 12:19 PM

he could have but he didnt. Can you really blame him for being upset? Maybe nexttime.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM

People aren't perfect. Hell, I tripped on something the other day and let out a SHIT, and the 20 month old repeated it after me. I felt horrible about it, but people aren't perfect, they get excited and selfish and forget that there's a world around them. I realize the guy was just repeating it over and over again, which I wouldn't like either, but we really can't shield our children from the world's bad behavior.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Man, I'm disappointed in this thread title.

Normally, you'd be ashamed for being at a Royals game anyway.

Nice win last night, Yosters.

:D

it was a great game and I was disappointed too. Although it was freaking hot as hell.

DeezNutz
06-02-2010, 12:44 PM
it was a great game and I was disappointed too. Although it was freaking hot as hell.

Aren't you in an occupation to change that? We blame you.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that guy and another one standing on top of his truck yelling FUCK as loud as he could as well. And the one that was sitting two rows behind me yelling every profanity possible during the game.

I had my kids with me (5 yr old and 3 yr old). The words themselves aren't the issue. Obviously they've heard those words before. I don't want my children to associate that with an evening at a baseball game, nor with how one should act in public. I go to plenty of Royals games, but last night was pretty ridiculous. At least there wasn't a fight at the Little K when I went this time.

And to the other point, I grew up playing video games. I still do. Somehow I still managed to turn into a responsible adult who can maintain a level of civility in public. There's extremes in every case. You can't just point to one medium or activity or generational difference and say that it's the reason why our society is going to shit. In the 50's they blamed that on Rock 'n Roll. In the 60's it was drugs. In the 70's, sex. In the 80's, bad hair. In the 90's it was video games. Now it's the Internet and "social" networking. It will always be something. Raise your children to have some common decency. If you don't have any children, don't go out and be a dickbag when you are in public and then talk about how our society is so much worse.

blaise
06-02-2010, 12:54 PM
People aren't perfect. Hell, I tripped on something the other day and let out a SHIT, and the 20 month old repeated it after me. I felt horrible about it, but people aren't perfect, they get excited and selfish and forget that there's a world around them. I realize the guy was just repeating it over and over again, which I wouldn't like either, but we really can't shield our children from the world's bad behavior.

I agree, but like I said it still makes that guy an asswipe. It's not like I'm saying he needs to be handcuffed, but if you're going to stand there and let loose a string of cursewords at a ballgame, knowing there's kids all over the place then you're a dick. I don't see anything wrong with saying the guy's an ass.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM

There's a difference between a word slipping out here and there (God knows I'm guilty of too many of those, especially since I'm not used to being around kids) and some nasty punk deliberately screaming obscenities in public. The little bastards know full well what they're doing, and seem to get off on it.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Aren't you in an occupation to change that? We blame you.

I've noticed many times God and I don't see eye to eye on weather patterns. I think it's best I stay out of it.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree, but like I said it still makes that guy an asswipe. It's not like I'm saying he needs to be handcuffed, but if you're going to stand there and let loose a string of cursewords at a ballgame, knowing there's kids all over the place then you're a dick. I don't see anything wrong with saying the guy's an ass.

I agree, total asshole, but there's just no way to prevent that kind of stuff. People are dumb and parents have to let kids know what's right and what's wrong without freaking out all over the place.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
There's a difference between a word slipping out here and there (God knows I'm guilty of too many of those, especially since I'm not used to being around kids) and some nasty punk deliberately screaming obscenities in public. The little bastards know full well what they're doing, and seem to get off on it.

They don't know what they're doing. How many times in your life have you caught yourself saying to yourself, "do these people just not even see me", as they bump into you or stand in front of you at the bottom of an escalator as you run in place trying to not get caught up in that thingy where the escalator disappears? I think it's just evidence of how selfish and unaware of others people are today.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:24 PM
They don't know what they're doing. How many times in your life have you caught yourself saying to yourself, "do these people just not even see me", as they bump into you or stand in front of you at the bottom of an escalator as you run in place trying to not get caught up in that thingy where the escalator disappears? I think it's just evidence of how selfish and unaware of others people are today.

There are certainly plenty of obliviots out there - but it seems as they get younger, they know how badly they are behaving and get off on making others uncomfortable. Hootie talks about how much he enjoys doing this earlier in the thread. And as much as we would all like to think Hootie is an aberration, sadly, he is not.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:29 PM
There are certainly plenty of obliviots out there - but it seems as they get younger, they know how badly they are behaving and get off on making others uncomfortable. Hootie talks about how much he enjoys doing this earlier in the thread. And as much as we would all like to think Hootie is an aberration, sadly, he is not.

I'm just so tired of it being blamed on the "younger generation"....when it's not just that generation. People of all generations are extremely rude and obnoxious, they just express it in different ways. Fuck, some old guy just the other day was cussing in front of me at the cashier with my 20 month old right there in the cart with me.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm just so tired of it being blamed on the "younger generation"....when it's not just that generation. People of all generations are extremely rude and obnoxious, they just express it in different ways. Fuck, some old guy just the other day was cussing in front of me at the cashier with my 20 month old right there in the cart with me.

True enough, but I see in today's youth an appalling lack of decency and manners - kids regularly doing things that I would have gotten my ass kicked for. There is a severe lack of discipline everywhere. And when they get no discipline at home or at school, well, the results really aren't all that surprising.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
True enough, but I see in today's youth an appalling lack of decency and manners - kids regularly doing things that I would have gotten my ass kicked for. There is a severe lack of discipline everywhere. And when they get no discipline at home or at school, well, the results really aren't all that surprising.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!! :cuss:

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:39 PM
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!! :cuss:

I live in a condo, for that very reason. LMAO

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:40 PM
I live in a condo, for that very reason. LMAO

OH so you're the old man next door who bangs on the wall with a broom handle instead?!!! "Keep that racket down!" :cuss:

-King-
06-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Doesn't every generation think that about the younger generation? Some generations probably thinks your generation is filled with assholes too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:41 PM
OH so you're the old man next door who bangs on the wall with a broom handle instead?!!! "Keep that racket down!" :cuss:

My wife gets more pissed about the noise than I do. I'm half deaf at this point.

Jilly
06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
My wife gets more pissed about the noise than I do. I'm half deaf at this point.

ROFL OH MY GOD...how OLD ARE YOU?!!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
ROFL OH MY GOD...how OLD ARE YOU?!!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

44. Too much loud music and gunfire in my youth.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Doesn't every generation think that about the younger generation? Some generations probably thinks your generation is filled with assholes too.
Posted via Mobile Device

At least I didn't wear my pants hanging off my ass.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
you all worried about your kids hearing swear words at he game should just take pink along w/ you. I dropped an F-bomb when her kids was around and i thought she was gonna run me out on a rail. didnt need told twice.

Gracie Dean
06-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I remember going to a game back in early 80s It was Frank white's birthday ...some yankee fans were pouring beer on Royals fans.

Then again in the 90's there was a fist fight 3 rows in front of us. Over someone's hat. My brother tried to intervene and we all had to break it up

Deberg_1990
06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
What it all comes down to is an all around lack of respect for others prevalent in todays world.

Sadly, Its a "me first" world.

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM

The ants are in the sugar
The muscles atrophied
We're on the other side, the screen is us and we're t.v.
Spread me open,
Sticking to my pointy ribs
Are all your infants in abortion cribs
I was born into this
Everything turns to shit
The boy that you loved is the man that you fear
Pray until your number,
Asleep from all your pain,
Your apple has been rotting
Tomorrow's turned up dead
I have it all and I have no choice but to
I'll make everyone pay and you will see
You can kill yourself now
Because you're dead
In my mind
The boy that you loved is the monster you fear
Peel off all those eyes and crawl into the dark,
You've poisoned all of your children to camouflage your scars
Pray unto the splinters, pray unto your fear
Pray your life was just a dream
The cut that never heals
Pray now baby, pray your life was just a dream
(I am so tangled in my sins that I cannot escape)
Pinch the head off, collapse me like a weed
Someone had to go this far
I was born into this
Everything turns to shit
The boy that you loved is the man that you fear
Peel off all those eyes and crawl into the dark,
You've poisoned all of your children to camouflage your scars
Pray unto the splinters, pray unto your fear
Pray your life was just a dream
The cut that never heals
Pray now baby, pray your life was just a dream
The world in my hands, there's no one left to hear you scream
There's no one left for you

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 02:19 PM
What it all comes down to is an all around lack of respect for others prevalent in todays world.

Sadly, Its a "me first" world.

This.

It's not about age anymore, or generations. It's about a complete lack of respect for each other.

It's only going to get worse. People are so defensive now-a-days. They believe everything is about THEM.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 02:21 PM
This.

It's not about age anymore, or generations. It's about a complete lack of respect for each other.

It's only going to get worse. People are so defensive now-a-days. They believe everything is about THEM.

STOP TALKING ABOUT ME OR I'LL FIGHT YOU.

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 02:23 PM
STOP TALKING ABOUT ME OR I'LL FIGHT YOU.

Bitch, have you seen my new Affliction T-shirt? I'll kick ur ass dude....no joke. When I have my Tee on, unsuspecting civilians are prone to round house kicks to the face.

Gracie Dean
06-02-2010, 02:28 PM
yes. I see this on a daily basis. Kids today would NEVER last on a team from years past. First time coach got in their face, they would either cry like a baby or want to fight

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
yes. I see this on a daily basis. Kids today would NEVER last on a team from years past. First time coach got in their face, they would either cry like a baby or want to fight

Pff....Uhm...ok...that makes no sense at all.

Rooster
06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
The fact of the matter is Todd Haley shouldn't be allowed to watch Royals games at the K.

bsp4444
06-02-2010, 02:45 PM

I was ashamed as a Royals fan that this guy was representing my team. Not really anything for me to start throwing punches over, you prick. Game was over what was security going to do.

Gracie Dean
06-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Pff....Uhm...ok...that makes no sense at all.

HUH?

When a tough coach like say The Tuna got into a kids face.

the kid would

a. Quit
B. want to fight the coach or give him lip
c. tell mommie and daddy

Many kids today have no respect and do not know how lucky they have it...and I think sometimes they have it too good that they don't know how to work for things of value

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 02:49 PM
HUH?

When a tough coach like say The Tuna got into a kids face.

the kid would

a. Quit
B. want to fight the coach or give him lip
c. tell mommie and daddy

Many kids today have no respect and do not know how lucky they have it...and I think sometimes they have it too good that they don't know how to work for things of value

I dont think so dude, not even close. i think you're making a HUGE assumption here. If a kid were to do that, he would be labeled a pussy-ass bitch by the rest of his teammates. Just because kids don't get beaten down by their parents anymore doesn't mean that they dont know what "tough" is.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have the young, developing stars that we have now.

GoHuge
06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I've thought fighting at a sporting events against fans of another team is stupid. This is coming from someone who's first memory of was Arrowhead was seeing his dad beat the living shit out of Raider's fans in the parking after the game win or lose. Raider's fans just seem to invite trouble, but what else would you expect out of them? I remember them in the parking lots just being as loud and nasty mean as hell after the games. The first time I heard the word douchebag was the Arrowhead parking lot. I asked my dad why they always had to act that way and without breaking stride just said "some people are just douchebags son!" Has been a top five favorite word since :)

The worst thing that can happen to a Raider's fan at a Chief's game is getting their ass beat for being stupid and obnoxious. At a Raider's game a Chief's fan would be lucky to make it out of the place just being there in red and gold. All pretty stupid IMO.

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 03:19 PM
People crack me up...

Especially people like DJ's Left Nut and Reaper16 (not so much because of this thread for Reaper)...

I guarantee you I'm more of a people person in public than those two "voices of reason" have ever been...at any point in their lives...

Hey and guess what idiots...

I guarantee you 95% of all socially successful men have some sort of hilarious/dumbass drunken tale from their 20s...if not many.

That has absolutely no reflection on how anybody acts in a public/private/business/etc... setting.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 03:21 PM
People crack me up...

Especially people like DJ's Left Nut and Reaper16 (not so much because of this thread for Reaper)...

I guarantee you I'm more of a people person in public than those two "voices of reason" have ever been...at any point in their lives...

I guarantee you 95% of all socially successful men have some sort of hilarious/dumbass drunken tale from their 20s...if not many.

That has absolutely no reflection on how anybody acts in a public/private/business/etc... setting.

dont try and church yourself up bitch.

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't even know what that means...

All I know is the losers on this board that are around my age that try and play their morale cards crack me up...

and frazod is just totally twisted...totally twisted and angry...clear father issues that one has

Frazod
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't even know what that means...

All I know is the losers on this board that are around my age that try and play their morale cards crack me up...

and frazod is just totally twisted...totally twisted and angry...clear father issues that one has

I just think you're a noxious fucking punk. It's not like I dwell on it, but the subject did come up.

I can assure you, I'm far from the only one who feels that way.

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
I just think you're a noxious ****ing punk. It's not like I dwell on it, but the subject did come up.

I can assure you, I'm far from the only one who feels that way.

It's a message board...I'm not overly concerned about what Frazod and others think of me...

I just think it's hilarious that some people have this IDEA about what kind of person I am and they are the same people who are probably the ones that are totally socially awkward...

Because I am not...

I learn from the best...my dad and older sister are probably two of the most sociable/likable people I know...I envy that quality in them and it's not like I'm a social retard...I'm just not quite as outgoing and it is amazing tool to have in the business world.

Frazod
06-02-2010, 03:33 PM
It's a message board...I'm not overly concerned about what Frazod and others think of me...

Then stop dwelling on it, fucktard.

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 03:34 PM

you were earlier.

see your 1st couple posts.

Now you dont care.

fuck you.

Short Leash Hootie
06-02-2010, 03:39 PM
you were earlier.

see your 1st couple posts.

Now you dont care.

**** you.

I'd rather be whatever social fucking retard you think I am than be whatever it is you are with your fucking meathead mentality...those idiots are the dumbest people out there

MOhillbilly
06-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I'd rather be whatever social ****ing retard you think I am than be whatever it is you are with your ****ing meathead mentality...those idiots are the dumbest people out there

bublah blah blah. ba blah blah blah.

you are so full of shit but atleast you know it, even if you cant/wont cop to it.

DJ's left nut
06-02-2010, 04:15 PM
People crack me up...

I guarantee you have no idea what it is I do on a daily basis and as such can't even begin to speak as to how much of a 'people person' I am.

And if you somehow equate being a 'people person' with knowing how to conduct onesself in a variety of social settings, it once again gets back you you actually knowing very little about...well anything that doesn't involve the bar scene.

The fact that you have drunken tales doesn't precisely speak to your ability to interact socially, but the fact that you expect us all to take heed and be suitably awed by them does.

You're an overgrown child. You make it more apparent daily. But feel free to keep living in your little fantasy world where you're awesome and everyone else sucks.

But here's a tip: some of us actually progressed beyond what we were at 18. I was a waiter in high school, a bartender in college. I did both things quite well. At the same time, I knew damn well that a 25 year old bartender was just a loser that couldn't get his shit together long enough to get a real job. I certainly didn't consider myself a pillar of social society.

Reaper16
06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
People crack me up...

I have no idea what that has to do with me.

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Gawdamn man, every thread i click on people are going at it.......FUCK YOU PESTILENCE, WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE YOU FUCKING TROLL BITCH MOTHERFUCKA!!!!11111oneoneoneoneone

DJ's left nut
06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Gawdamn man, every thread i click on people are going at it.......**** YOU PESTILENCE, WHERE THE **** YOU ARE YOU ****ING TROLL BITCH MOTHER****A!!!!11111oneoneoneoneone

Hey.

Lay off the coke, man.

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey.

Lay off the coke, man.

Ah Hells na!

Dont make me bust out my Affliction shirt! You do not wanna get get punched while im wearing my blingy black Rampage Jackson shirt.

MoreLemonPledge
06-02-2010, 04:32 PM
http://armanmusaji.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/affliction.jpg

Detoxing
06-02-2010, 04:42 PM
http://armanmusaji.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/affliction.jpg

HOLY FUCK.

IS that an Affliction WOLF shirt that I see? He must have the power....would not wanna fuck with that dude...

Pablo
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Pff....Uhm...ok...that makes no sense at all.It's a noswad post.

They typically don't make any sesne.

Param
06-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I was truly embarrassed by a Royals fan at the game last night. After the game he stood by the exit in the right field concourse shouting "f#$% the Angels" over and over. Kids walking by and everything. An Angels fan walked over to him and I was really hoping he would deck this Royals fan that I think has no business rooting for my team. I didn't stick around to see what happened, but I doubt that foul-mouthed punk got what he deserved.

Just venting.

Were you really that embarrassed? This happens at sporting events all the time. Do I agree with it? No. But, this wasn't the first time or last time those children will hear swear words.

I do think it's funny you ponder what the Angels fan said to him or whether he "fought" the guy. Why weren't you "that" guy.

Pablo
06-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Were you really that embarrassed? This happens at sporting events all the time. Do I agree with it? No. But, this wasn't the first time or last time those children will hear swear words.

I do think it's funny you ponder what the Angels fan said to him or whether he "fought" the guy. Why weren't you "that" guy.Yeah man, I hope somebody shoved a bar of soap in his big potty mouth.

But the best thing about this thread is how it devolved into a bunch of middle-age/old men grumbling about them damn kids and their vidja games.

LMAO

Priceless.

Param
06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah man, I hope somebody shoved a bar of soap in his big potty mouth.

But the best thing about this thread is how it devolved into a bunch of middle-age/old men grumbling about them damn kids and their vidja games.

LMAO

Priceless.

Definitely. If threads go X amount of pages there's definitely more stuff going on than just the OP's post. Guess I was l8 to this one.:D

Jilly
06-03-2010, 09:23 AM
This.

I feel like that's what I was trying to say this whole time.

Jethopper
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqxlGWNoh-o

(warning: adult language)

DaKCMan AP
06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
This.

Wait, it's not?