PDA

View Full Version : Royals This perfect game is reminding

big nasty kcnut
06-03-2010, 06:14 AM
(continue)

People of Don Denkinger blown call in the 85 world series. I'm here to say that not true Don Denkinger made the correct call. i don't care what anybody say.

Also go royals and suck on that st. loser

BigRedChief
06-03-2010, 06:18 AM
(continue)
People of Don Denkinger blown call in the 85 world series. I'm here to say that not true Don Denkinger made the correct call. I'm not in the Denkinger cost us the World Series camp. We had plenty of other chances to win. But, the correct call? comeon :shake:
http://www.strike2called.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/denkinger-300x276.jpg

big nasty kcnut
06-03-2010, 06:27 AM
lol he was safe. lol It's real to me damn it.

|Zach|
06-03-2010, 06:45 AM
lol he was safe. lol It's real to me damn it.

Heh, ok thats funny.

allen_kcCard
06-03-2010, 06:52 AM
I had to laugh listening to the radio this morning when Fesco was saying he thinks the call last night should be overturned and Joyce should be fired to send a message, but when someone mentioned 85 he said that was different because the Cards had a chance to makeup for that blown call, and this guy will never have a chance to get another perfect game. All I was hearing was that "it is differnet because the Royals will never get a chance at another world series and the cards already have a bunch of them and have gotten one since, so that wouldn't be fair because I am a Royals homer and that one is the only one we have got"

Brainiac
06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
I had to laugh listening to the radio this morning when Fesco was saying he thinks the call last night should be overturned and Joyce should be fired to send a message, but when someone mentioned 85 he said that was different because the Cards had a chance to makeup for that blown call, and this guy will never have a chance to get another perfect game. All I was hearing was that "it is differnet because the Royals will never get a chance at another world series and the cards already have a bunch of them and have gotten one since, so that wouldn't be fair because I am a Royals homer and that one is the only one we have got"
In some ways Fesco is entertaining, but he is awfully full of himself. After New York got awarded the Super Bowl he went on and on about how this opens things up for Kansas City.

Hello! No matter how much Fesco loves this town, it AIN'T New York. And no matter how bad the call was in last night's game, it's not going to be overturned.

Short Leash Hootie
06-03-2010, 09:01 AM
that's what I said as soon as I saw the replay...

I was like...

holy shit...that's as bad as the 85 World Series call..

A) How does that ump make that call?

B) Why is that hitter running so hard?

That was FUCKED up...there was NO REASON to ever make that call...even if it's a tie, and ties go to the runner...you still signal OUT (confidently) and give the man his perfect game...

If anything...

Galaragga handled that situation with class...if that was me???

Oh my...

WilliamTheIrish
06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
The Cards got it back. In the 1986 spring training season in a game between KC/StL there was a close play at second base and Willie Wilson was called out. He was obviously safe.

We're even.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 09:10 AM
the Denkinger call was much closer imo

Denkinger was wrong but there was more game after that call for the teams to determine the winner and there was much more series to determine the winner/loser.

allen_kcCard
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Not disagreeing, but if someone is on a soap box saying that the call yesterday needs to be overturned andt eh umpire fired, then they are 100% a hypocrite if they say that the 85 series is different without batting an eye.

One is affecting the outcome of a rare statistical feat. The other has an impact on the outcome of a game in the world series....sure, there was more to the series than just that call, but it clearly had an impact on the outcome of the game.

the Denkinger call was much closer imo

Denkinger was wrong but there was more game after that call for the teams to determine the winner and there was much more series to determine the winner/loser.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Not disagreeing, but if someone is on a soap box saying that the call yesterday needs to be overturned andt eh umpire fired, then they are 100% a hypocrite if they say that the 85 series is different without batting an eye.

One is affecting the outcome of a rare statistical feat. The other has an impact on the outcome of a game in the world series....sure, there was more to the series than just that call, but it clearly had an impact on the outcome of the game.
if they had replay back then that call should of been changed too.

but at this point we know that the call yesterday completely changed the outcome of the perfect game ... back in 85 there were tons of more variables. So we don't know if changing that call changes the outcome or not.

Bearcat
06-03-2010, 09:31 AM
ESPN actually has an article on Denkinger's opinion...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5245891

...the media is so funny. Big blown call, what do you think about it, Don? LMAO