PDA

View Full Version : Football Pac-10 to invite 6 from Big 12

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 01:49 PM
June 3, 2010
<script language="Javascript" src="http://vmedia.rivals.com/js/swf.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script language="Javascript"><!-- bMacComputer = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") != -1);if (bMacComputer == true) { document.write("Exclusive: Pac-10 set to invite six from Big 12
"); } else{ var swf= new objSWF(); swf.fullpath = "http://vmedia.rivals.com/flash/contentheadlines.swf" swf.bgcolor = "#FFFFFF"; swf.salign = "lt"; swf.scale="noborder"; swf.width = "620"; swf.height = "60"; swf.fontcolor = "000000"; swf.h1 = "Exclusive: Pac-10 set to invite six from Big 12 "; swf.h2 = ""; swf.shadow = 1; swf.url=""; swf.version = 6; swf.cab = "6,0,0,0"; swf.alt = "Exclusive: Pac-10 set to invite six from Big 12"; RunGenObj(swf.drawflash()) }//--></script><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" id="rvflash" height="60" width="620">

<embed src="http://vmedia.rivals.com/flash/contentheadlines.swf?h1=Exclusive%3A+Pac-10+set+to+invite+six+from+Big+12+&h2=&lwidth=620&lheight=60&lshadow=1&sFontColor=000000&sLink=" salign="lt" quality="best" scale="noborder" wmode="transparent" id="rvflash" name="rvflash" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" height="60" width="620"></object> <noscript>Exclusive: Pac-10 set to invite six from Big 12

</noscript> Chip Brown
Rivals.com College Football Columnist
<script language="javascript">document.write("<div id=contentcontainer style='font-size: " + currentsize + "pt;'>");</script> Related Links:
Insider's view (http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=500&tid=143621982&mid=143621982&sid=902&style=2)What others are saying (http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=500&tid=143621982&mid=143621982&sid=902&style=2)Daily scoop (http://texas.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=902&fid=500&style=2)
Talk about it in the Message Boards (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/forum.asp?SID=1144)

The Big 12 meetings are reaching their climax Thursday and Friday in Kansas City with the presidents and chancellors from the league coming together to discuss pressing issues, including sites for championships. (Look for the Big 12 title game in football to stay at Cowboys Stadium for the next three years.)

But when it comes to possible realignment, the Big 12 meetings may be premature.

Why?

Because it appears the Pac-10, which has its meetings in San Francisco starting this weekend, is prepared to make a bold move and invite Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado to join its league, according to multiple sources close to the situation.

<!--Start DeLoss Dodds 200X267 Image--><script language="Javascript">document.write(insertImage('http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/902/945276.jpg', '945276.jpg', 0, 267, 200, 1, 'Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has maintained that the Longhorns will do whatever it takes to remain the Jones\' of college football.', 'UT Photo', 1275590078000, 'DeLoss Dodds 200X267', 902, 'Align=right'));</script><table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208"><tbody><tr><td width="202">http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/902/945276.jpg</td><td rowspan="4" width="6">http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gif</td></tr><tr><td align="right">UT Photo</td></tr><tr><td height="3">http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gif</td></tr><tr><td align="center">Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has maintained that the Longhorns will do whatever it takes to remain the Jones' of college football.</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- End DeLoss Dodds 200X267 Image-->Left out would be Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska and Missouri.

Messages left with Pac-10 officials by Orangebloods.com on Thursday were not immediately returned.

The six teams from the Big 12 would be in an eight-team division with Arizona and Arizona State. The other eight-team division would consist of USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State.

The thought is the Big 16 (or whatever they decide for the name) would start its own television network that could command premium subscriber dollars from cable providers on par with the Big Ten Network and pay out upwards of $20 million to each of the 16 schools in TV revenue.

Such a merger between the six Big 12 schools and the Pac-10 would build a conference with seven of the country's top 20 TV markets (Los Angeles, Dallas, San Francisco, Houston, Phoenix, Seattle and Sacramento). And such a league would likely command attention from every cable system in the country and command a premium rate from every cable system west of the Mississippi.

Those projected TV revenues would double the current payouts of roughly $9 million to Big 12 and Pac-10 members. If the Big 16 reached its projections, the league would also surpass the SEC's projected payout of $17 million per school reached in a 15-year TV deal with ABC/ESPN and CBS signed in 2008.

According to the Omaha World-Herald, the TV revenues paid out to the Big 12 in 2007 (the last year revenue was made public) were as follows:

1. Texas: $10.2 million
2. Oklahoma: $9.8 million
3. Kansas: $9.24 million
4. Texas A&M: $9.22 million
5. Nebraska: $9.1 million
6. Missouri: $8.4 million
7. Texas Tech: $8.23 million
8. Kansas State: $8.21 million
9. Oklahoma State: $8.1 million
10. Colorado: $8.0 million
11. Iowa State: $7.4 million
12. Baylor: $7.1 million

AN OFFER THAT CAN'T BE REFUSED?

An invitation from the Pac-10 will be hard for the six Big 12 schools being targeted not to consider. Why? Because Fox Cable Networks (a division of News Corporation), which serves as the chief operating partner of the successful Big Ten Network, appears ready to make the Big 16 Network happen.

Fox is the chief television partner of the Pac-10 currently, and its subsidiary Fox Sports Net currently holds the rights to the Big 12 cable package, which comes up for bid in the spring of 2011. The Pac-10 also has television deals with Fox up for re-bid at the same time.

The Big Ten has shown the conference network model works. According to published reports, the TV revenue paid out to Big Ten schools jumped from $14 million for the fiscal year 2006-07 to $22 million for the fiscal year 2007-08.

A&M TO THE SEC?

There does appear to be some resistance to an invitation from the Pac-10 from at least one of the six schools being targeted - Texas A&M. According to a source close to the situation, A&M officials have had serious conversations with the Southeastern Conference about the Aggies joining that league.

In Thursday's editions of the Houston Chronicle, A&M athletic director Bill Byrne was asked if the SEC is an option for the Aggies should the Big 12 break up, and he said, "It might be. You know what? It might be."

Byrne, the athletic director at Oregon from 1984-92 before going to Nebraska, has been openly critical of having student-athletes travel west, only to return home at odd hours.

Byrne has used the example of when the Aggies had their men's and women's basketball teams in Spokane and Seattle for the NCAA Tournament in March and couldn't get back to College Station until 6:30 a.m. with students having to attend 8 a.m. classes.

It's no coincidence Byrne's example included cities in the Pac-10's dominant time zone.

There is also reason to believe Oklahoma could be enamored with joining the SEC. But that does not appear to be an option Texas officials would be willing to consider. There is a sense among UT officials the academics in the SEC are not on par with Texas.
If A&M and Oklahoma were to splinter off and join the SEC, the Pac-10 would obviously have to revise its invite list.

Any move the SEC made in terms of expansion would likely cause the 15-year, $3 billion in TV contracts the SEC landed with ABC/ESPN ($2.2 billion) and CBS ($825 million) to be re-opened for negotiation.

The question would be how much more money the SEC could command in TV revenue without starting its own network?

A&M is starved for cash because its athletic department fell $16 million into debt and received a loan from the school's general fund to pay it off, causing a rift between the university and athletics. That rift, in part, led to A&M school president Elsa Murano to resign under pressure because she was pushing for the money to be paid back and was met with resistance by A&M system chancellor Mike McKinney, whose sons played football at A&M, and possibly even Texas Gov. Rick Perry, an Aggie who is still very involved in the school's politics.

Surprisingly, the Legislature doesn't appear to be an obstacle for the state's two biggest schools to split off into separate conferences, although that is not an ideal situation for either school. If A&M opted to head to the SEC and Texas opted to go elsewhere, there is a very good chance Texas would no longer play the Aggies in any sports.

NEW OPTIONS

So after this weekend, there will be a new option for half the schools in the Big 12 to find a new home.

There also appears to be a chance Nebraska will not get invited to the Big Ten, which means the only school the Big 12 stands to lose to the Big Ten is Missouri. The Big Ten and its efforts to move south, thus far, have been rebuffed by Texas, which doesn't like the logistics of serving as the southern boundary of the Big Ten.

So the Big Ten continues to focus on Notre Dame and is seriously considering whether to invite Missouri as well as three schools from the Big East (Rutgers, UConn and either Syracuse or Pittsburgh) . Such a move would likely collapse the Big East, where Notre Dame plays its sports other than football, and might cause the Irish to finally acquiesce to joining the Big Ten.

If that happened, there would be a strong likelihood that four super conferences of roughly 16 teams could emerge: the Big Ten, the SEC, a collaboration of the Big 12 and Pac-10 as well as a collaboration of the Big East and ACC.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe warned against that when the Big 12 meetings started this week in Kansas City.

"I think it's very serious," Beebe said. "And I think it's something that we better be very careful about. If we come to a day where there are four 16-member conferences, then it's going to be a sad day, and it's going to be very difficult to not have more legal issues and interventions. The pressures will be immense for certain programs to be successful, (and) there will be less chances to win conference championships and national championships."

CAN THE BIG 12 SURVIVE?

Believe it or not, it's still Texas' goal to hold the Big 12 together, and simply create a non-conference football scheduling alliance with the Pac-10 that would help generate a big-money, cable TV deal for both leagues.

Such a move would continue to allow Texas to pursue its own network and create a unique, potentially lucrative revenue stream UT wouldn't have to share. If Texas ended up as one of the six schools going off to join forces with the Pac-10, it would likely have to forgo its own network.

Larry Scott, the Pac-10 commissioner, told Orangebloods.com recently his schools are "very interested" in exploring a conference network and that it would have to be an "all rights in situation."

Can Texas convince the rest of the league the Big 12 is the way to go? Would all the wandering eyes like Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Nebraska and Missouri commit to staying in the Big 12 immediately if Texas committed to staying in the Big 12 in light of the Pac-10 offer?

Missouri probably would not. The Tigers already have one foot in the Big Ten. But Nebraska has no assurance it will be invited to the Big Ten and could be left completely out of the power conference structure if it's not careful. Texas A&M doesn't have the resources to start its own network and doesn't appear eager to be in a league that allows Texas to generate added revenue. The same might be true for OU.

So the plot thickens. The Pac-10, which is hamstrung by geography and would love to have its sports aired into the Central time zone, wants a merger. And it appears ready to upstage the Big Ten in this game of musical conferences. No one would have its own network in the Big 16, which could compel A&M and OU to accept an invitation.

The Pac-10 doesn't want to waste time by going out on dates with the Big 12 with a non-conference football scheduling alliance. It wants to take half of the Big 12 and get married. Now, we'll see, who, if anyone, meets them at the altar.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1090747

DJ's left nut
06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Okay, that sounds really really bad for KU and K-State.

It's also extremely scary for MU. The last thing I want to see is the damn Big 12 collapse before MU gets its ticket to the Big 10 punched. If suddenly the floor falls out and the Big 10 has a change of heart...!@#$

DeezNutz
06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Damn it. Why isn't Mizzou getting an invite?

DaKCMan AP
06-03-2010, 01:52 PM
hmmmm...

Pants
06-03-2010, 01:53 PM
KU gonna get fucked.

HemiEd
06-03-2010, 01:54 PM

Because they suck? :D

DeezNutz
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Because they suck? :D

I'm sorry, but my Pac-10 nose is so high in the air that I can't read this puny little post. Are you trying to say something? Because that would be WAC.

:)

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Left out would be Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska and Missouri.
MU and Neb goes to the Big 10

ISU,Baylor,KU,KSU go to Scrubville Conference U.S.A

i hope someone shoots the dam Kansas board of education in the face for refusing to unlink KU and KSU.

hey ... maybe we can join UMKC and Missouri state in a conference!! PBJ

Pants
06-03-2010, 01:57 PM

It's also extremely scary for MU. The last thing I want to see is the damn Big 12 collapse before MU gets its ticket to the Big 10 punched. If suddenly the floor falls out and the Big 10 has a change of heart...!@#$

I wouldn't be scared if I were you. MU is as good as gone to the B10. It's just makes too much sense for both parties.

I can totally understand why nobody is going to want KU too. Location, population and no real football. MU has 2 of the 3.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Don't buy the BS just yet.

Saulbadguy
06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
i hope someone shoots the dam Kansas board of education in the face for refusing to unlink KU and KSU.

Retard alert.

Pants

I don't think that's it, dude.

Mr. Laz
KU gonna get fucked.
up the ass with a lit acetylene torch :grr:

Frazod

Because they know we're headed to the Big 10.

I don't give two shits what happens to the rest of them.

ChiTown

Link?

And, you're sure that's what is holding you back?

Pablo
06-03-2010, 01:59 PM
That would be pretty fucked for us.

Mr. Laz
I don't think that's it, dude.so you gonna just help KSU talk smack now too?

ChiTown
Because they know we're headed to the Big 10.

I don't give two shits what happens to the rest of them.

You sure about that?

Pants
so you gonna just help KSU talk smack now too?

No, I'm just being a realist, as always. :(

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Link?

And, you're sure that's what is holding you back?
link what?

nobody know what is going to happen ... it's all speculation.

DeezNutz
06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
so you gonna just help KSU talk smack now too?

I don't think there's any merit to it, either. And, though I'm clearly not a KSU/KU guy, I don't wish bad things for those schools, either.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
No, I'm just being a realist, as always. :(which is helping us not blame KSU

thanks

ChiTown
link what?

nobody know what is going to happen ... it's all speculation.

10-4

Just reconfirming that you are just talking outta your ass.

Saulbadguy
I don't think there's any merit to it, either. And, though I'm clearly not a KSU/KU guy, I don't wish bad things for those schools, either.

There is no merit to it. It was just a talking point the phogtards used to make themselves feel better.

blaise
06-03-2010, 02:04 PM
If I was A&M I'd rather go to the Pac 10 than the SEC. They'd be getting their teeth kicked in in the SEC.

Saulbadguy
And yeah, this doesn't look all that reputable/real.

Mr. Laz
10-4

Just reconfirming that you are just talking outta your ass.
and MU going to the big 10 is people talking out their ass
and the whole article in the op is talking out it's ass
and any KSU fans that says there isn't any link is talking out their ass

it's all speculation

but it's true that the board of regents controls what conference KU can go to unless KU is prepared to go private and not accept state money.

Saulbadguy
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
and any KSU fans that says there isn't any link is talking out their ass

it's all speculation

but it's true that the board of regents controls what conference KU can go to unless KU is prepared to go private and not accept state money.

You are always talking out of your ass, which just re-confirms that everyone who is not you, is indeed not talking out of their ass.

DenverDanChiefsFan
06-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't be scared if I were you. MU is as good as gone to the B10. It's just makes too much sense for both parties.

I can totally understand why nobody is going to want KU too. Location, population and no real football. MU has 2 of the 3.
?? which 2?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
?? which 2?
Posted via Mobile Device

Location and population, obviously.

SPATCH
06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
this is all getting kinda ghey

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:09 PM
and any KU fans that says there is a link is talking out their ass

it's all speculation

but it's true that the board of regents controls what conference KSU can go to unless KSU is prepared to go private and not accept state money.

Is this true as well?

Pablo
06-03-2010, 02:10 PM
this is all getting kinda gheyYeah, if a few teams leave the Big 12, whatev.

But I don't particularly want the entire conference to disband. It was one of the few things Midwesterners had to be proud of. We weren't always the most powerful conference, but in the last decade we've put together some great football and basketball...

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Son of a bitch. If we join the Missouri Valley we are gonna go 0-16. F*ck

Saulbadguy
06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I just hope we can get in the same conference as UNLV.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Is this true as well?
of course it's true ... i believe it includes KU,KSU,Pittsburgh and Emporia.

maybe more

does this sooth your wildcat feelings?

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM
of course it's true ... i believe it includes KU,KSU,Pittsburgh and Emporia.

maybe more

does this sooth your wildcat feelings?

I'm still intact, I think. Thanks for your concern.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Why the hell does the Pac-10 want three Texas schools and Colorado? Nobody in Colorado cares about college sports. By just getting Texas and A&M you are getting the entire market of Texas. Why not extend to Kansas and KSU instead.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Why the hell does the Pac-10 want three Texas schools and Colorado? Nobody in Colorado cares about college sports. By just getting Texas and A&M you are getting the entire market of Texas. Why not extend to Kansas and KSU instead.
t.v. money

also numbers, they may just want 1 more school, not 2.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Denver Metropolitan Area is the 16th largest in the US, that is why - and I'm assuming there are people in that market that do care.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
t.v. money

also numbers, they may just want 1 more school, not 2.

Exactly. Texas puts you in ALL of Texas. So you don't need any other Texas schools. I can see bringing in A&M because they are a package deal, but if you get KU you get a HUGE fan base for basketball that is nationwide. Then you get a Top 25-30 Metropolitan area in Kansas City. Denver's MSA has 400,000 more people than KC, and nobody gives a shit about college athletics.

Guru
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Until something actually happens, who gives a shit?

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Denver Metropolitan Area is the 16th largest in the US, that is why - and I'm assuming there are people in that market that do care.

21st actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

KC is 29th, but really due to variance it is like 20K away from 25th and they don't even count Lawrence into it.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM

So keep Colorado, why Tech? What value do they add? You already get Texas, Oklahoma anyway.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
21st actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas

KC is 29th, but really due to variance it is like 20K away from 25th and they don't even count Lawrence into it.

16th according to this

http://geography.about.com/od/lists/a/csa2005.htm

blaise
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
So keep Colorado, why Tech? What value do they ad? You already get Texas, Oklahoma anyway.

maybe just location. Lubbock's pretty far west.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:32 PM
So keep Colorado, why Tech? What value do they ad? You already get Texas, Oklahoma anyway.

Maybe they see a lot of value in TT Football. They've been fairly successful over the last decade, and the PAC 10 is more about football than BB. It's where the money is made.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5248220

Updated: June 3, 2010, 3:30 PM ET
Missouri keeping options open

Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The head of the University of Missouri is giving no assurances that the Tigers intend to remain in the Big 12.

Chancellor Brady Deaton and other Big 12 presidents are meeting this week and a top issue is whether anyone might defect to the Big Ten Conference.

Nebraska and Missouri have both indicated they might be interested if the more lucrative Big Ten decides to expand.

Deaton said Thursday that Missouri remained a proud member of the Big 12, but he added that, "We're not shutting our ears to anything."

There has also been speculation that Oklahoma, Colorado and Texas might also leave the Big 12.

Pants
06-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Exactly. Texas puts you in ALL of Texas. So you don't need any other Texas schools. I can see bringing in A&M because they are a package deal, but if you get KU you get a HUGE fan base for basketball that is nationwide. Then you get a Top 25-30 Metropolitan area in Kansas City. Denver's MSA has 400,000 more people than KC, and nobody gives a shit about college athletics.\

It has nothing to do about who cares for what, it's all about media footprint. Cable companies don't go around surveying people what schools they like. If the school is in the area, they take the whole market into account.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:44 PM
\

It has nothing to do about who cares for what, it's all about media footprint. Cable companies don't go around surveying people what schools they like. If the school is in the area, they take the whole market into account.

Most people have the option to buy the Big 10 network a la cart. While I don't know much about the Pac-10 and if they are planning to make an exclusive network, there will be alot more KU fans ordering that channel than Colorado fans if either or both would go to the Pac-10.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Exactly. Texas puts you in ALL of Texas. So you don't need any other Texas schools. I can see bringing in A&M because they are a package deal, but if you get KU you get a HUGE fan base for basketball that is nationwide. Then you get a Top 25-30 Metropolitan area in Kansas City. Denver's MSA has 400,000 more people than KC, and nobody gives a shit about college athletics.
but you can't just take KU ... you have to take KU and KSU.

of course this is speculation ... but it's dam good speculation because it's known that the Kansas Board of Regents has to approve the conference transfer of any KS college and (speculation) they will not want KSU and KU split up.

Brainiac
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Pac-10 to invite 6 from Big 12

Did Keitzman break this story too?
ROFL

sedated
06-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Didn't Texas have to drag Baylor into the Big 12? Why would this be any different?

Coach
06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Don't buy the BS just yet.

You have something that somewhat contradicts it?

Just only curious.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Didn't Texas have to drag Baylor into the Big 12? Why would this be any different?
yea ... i believe Texas pretty much forced Baylor into the Big 12. Then they told Baylor to go sit in the corner and they would let them know how to vote.

KChiefs1
06-03-2010, 02:50 PM

I'd rather be in the Big Ten than the Mountain West or Missouri Valley like KU & KSU. ROFL

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I'd personally love to see MU, NU, KU & KSU all go to the "Big 10" but that won't happen.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd personally love to see MU, NU, KU & KSU all go to the "Big 10" but that won't happen.

F*cking Kansas State. Why don't they just consolidate w/ KU already and stop messing things up.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:55 PM
You have something that somewhat contradicts it?

Just only curious.

Contradicts what? The article that's based on speculation and hearsay? No.

ChiTown
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
F*cking Kansas State. Why don't they just consolidate w/ KU already and stop messing things up.

Uh, no thanks.

:Lin:

teedubya
06-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Yes, The University of Kansas- Manhattan is what KState should be...

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Gross.

Pants
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Uh, no thanks.

:Lin:

My sentiments exactly.

Coach
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Contradicts what? The article that's based on speculation and hearsay? No.

Works for me. Didn't know if you have some connections in your circle that would say that isn't the case, or something like that.

And yeah, I'd agree that it's speculation and hearsay.

Mojo Jojo
06-03-2010, 03:00 PM

No, that was just Ann Richards, a Baylor Alum, who wouldn't let the public schools move without Baylor. The Big 12 wanted Houston, but were forced to drop Houston for Baylor.

teedubya
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Well the only bright side of this, is I own Big16Sports.com and Big16.tv

Pants
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM

Because that works. LOL.

teedubya
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Because that works. LOL.

There are no sites up, but the domains are secured. :-)

ChiefaRoo
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM

LMAO

chiefsnorth
06-03-2010, 03:04 PM
There is no merit to it. It was just a talking point the phogtards used to make themselves feel better.

Precisely. If it were a state with any cities in it or a school with tradition beyond basketball someone would bring them in. As it stands you need an audience and to be able to field 2 competitive teams to belong where the dollars are. Nothing to do with the basketball team, just the reality of the money side.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefsnorth
06-03-2010, 03:07 PM

You'd just get sued for squatting and they'd get them anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Not since I've owned them before the networks were created.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
MU is not getting an invite to the Big 10.

Texas would never join the Pac-10. I'm sure it's been discussed before.

In 5 years the landscape of college athletics is going to look very similar to what it does now.

alnorth
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

not necessarily. They usually offer some small token amount of money in the hope of avoiding the hassle of suing the squatter. If they offered him a few grand (cheaper than fighting him to get the domain names), he'd be wise to say yes.

Guru
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM

Seems like the natural progression from Allen Fieldhouse West.

Bearcat
06-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Until something actually happens, who gives a shit?

THIS

All the speculation is just ridiculous... can we at least wait for one domino to fall before we realign the whole f***ing country?

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 03:12 PM

In 5 years the landscape of college athletics is going to look very similar to what it does now.
o rly?

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:13 PM

MU might not like the Big 12 but I can't see them breaking with Kansas, KSU, and Nebraska.

Why destroy 100 years of tradition for a few bucks and being a perpetual doormat in the Big 10?

Look at Arkansas. They have been a disaster since joining the SEC compared to what they once were.

chiefsnorth
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Not since I've owned them before the networks were created.

Any reasonable person will see that you purchased them in bad faith, in an attempt to profit from the intellectual property of another. see Peta v. Doughney
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
MU might not like the Big 12 but I can't see them breaking with Kansas, KSU, and Nebraska.

Why destroy 100 years of tradition for a few bucks and being a perpetual doormat in the Big 10?

Look at Arkansas. They have been a disaster since joining the SEC compared to what they once were.
I don't think they'll be a doormat in the Big 10. Not at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, but my Pac-10 nose is so high in the air that I can't read this puny little post. Are you trying to say something? Because that would be WAC.

:)

Quote of the week.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I think everybody in the Big 12 other than Kansas is shopping to other conferences because they are sick of KU winning the Big 12 every single year. It's got to be disheartening. Cowards :D

LTL
06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
So keep Colorado, why Tech? What value do they add? You already get Texas, Oklahoma anyway.

The speculation from the talking heads down here about Tech is that they want to keep some of the rivalries that already exist.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I think everybody in the Big 12 other than Kansas is shopping to other conferences because they are sick of KU winning the Big 12 every single year. It's got to be disheartening. Cowards :D

I actually haven't heard anything from anyone who matters say anything.

It's all been these media loudmouths who like to hear themselves talk.

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Boy, sounds like the Wastelanders are really going to miss us, doesn't it?

Bearcat
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM

It would be a disaster if Mizzou joined the SEC, too...

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't think they'll be a doormat in the Big 10. Not at all.

You think they'll be contending for a football title in a Big 10 division??

Where will they recruit? Texas kids aren't going to run to a school that never plays there and if anything plays all it's games heading the other direction.

They'll be better than Northwestern and Illinois but not Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan St, etc etc... and that's just the west schools

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:21 PM
It would be a disaster if Mizzou joined the SEC, too...

I mean more that they'll miss their old rivalries and traditions with schools like Texas and A&M...

It's not always about money. That's why I don't think much of any of this is going to happen.

It's all a play to get Notre Dame to join, that's all.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:22 PM

Do you ever say anything constructive?

just curious

KChiefs1
06-03-2010, 03:23 PM

wanna bet?:p

BWillie
06-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I mean more that they'll miss their old rivalries and traditions with schools like Texas and A&M...

It's not always about money. That's why I don't think much of any of this is going to happen.

While I think Big 10 is trying to force Notre Dame's hand a little, the Big 10 is going to expand either way. If the Big 10 solely cared about getting Notre Dame in, why mess w/ Missouri and Nebraska? They could just talk about demolishing the Big East. But Notre Dame probably doesn't really care about basketball anyway.

Frazod
Do you ever say anything constructive?

just curious

Do you ever say anything that isn't fucking retarded? Just curious.

You're about the dumbest thing to crawl out of the wasteland since Arrowheadhawk.

Nice avatar, too. What, you couldn't find a picture of Courtney Love?

sedated

um...no.

good riddance, actually.

Pants
06-03-2010, 03:26 PM

When it's money vs tradition, money usually wins.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Do you ever say anything that isn't ****ing retarded? Just curious.

You're about the dumbest thing to crawl out of the wasteland since Arrowheadhawk.

Nice avatar, too. What, you couldn't find a picture of Courtney Love?

win something... anything then come talk to me

Frazod
um...no.

good riddance, actually.

Be sure to drop us a postcard from the MVC.

Mr. Laz
Boy, sounds like the Wastelanders are really going to miss us, doesn't it?everyone is concern with ending up in a decent conference but nobody cares whether or not mizzou is there with them.

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:28 PM
win something... anything then come talk to me

Breaking out your little baskeballs again?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-03-2010, 03:28 PM
um...no.

good riddance, actually.

Well, have fun listening to your games on AM radio then.

sedated
06-03-2010, 03:29 PM

don't come crawling back when you find out you are nothing but a bottom-dweller in every sport year after year in the big 11.

but you'll have your cash windfall...errr, "prorated portion"

Bearcat
06-03-2010, 03:30 PM

orange bowl?

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
orange bowl?

it's too easy, don't bother

DeezNutz
06-03-2010, 03:32 PM
LMAO.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
everyone is concern with ending up in a decent conference but nobody cares whether or not mizzou is there with them.

I like playing MU. The wins pile up quite easily.

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
don't come crawling back when you find out you are nothing but a bottom-dweller year after year in the big 11.

but you'll have your cash windfall...errr, "prorated portion"

Sure must suck to be so unwanted.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:34 PM
wanna bet?:p

Sure. terms?

sedated

maybe if you were actually good at it and won something of significance (ever), you could pull your own weight in the conference and wouldn't have to go crying to another one.

Frazod
orange bowl?

Shit, I have to be nice to you since you bought me pizza last weekend. :grr:

Pants

Does it matter? He told you to come talk to him when you win anything. Last I checked, basketball fell into that category. But I guess you guys did win that B12 Tournament one time. LMAO

Bearcat
it's too easy, don't bother

:D

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:35 PM

The only person I've heard that says the Big 10 wants MU is Kevin Keiztman. And his reporting record is well um.....

"Scott Pollard gave Tyshawn Taylor a car"

"The TCU coach is the new coach at Kansas State"

etc.etc, hopefully you get the picture

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:36 PM
maybe if you were actually good at it and won something of significance (ever), you could pull your own weight in the conference and wouldn't have to go crying to another one.

Much like Kansas itself, the idea of college basketball being the most important thing ever drops off rather quickly once you move into the more populated areas.

KChiefs1

Nah, they are just crapping their panties thinking about playing in the MVC or Mountain West! ROFL

Bambi
The guy who wrote the story is on 810 right now.

He sounds like he's 24 years old.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Much like Kansas itself, the idea of college basketball being the most important thing ever drops off rather quickly once you move into the more populated areas.

Yeah and the same thing applies to college football.

What's your point?

Cheer up. You wouldn't be such a target if you were just a cooler person.

sedated
06-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Meth-U should know, they've been unwanted in the Big 12 since it started.

KChiefs1
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Sure. terms?

$25,000 cashiers check. We send them to a agreed upon individual or institution & after 5 years we'll see if any changes have been made to the conference landscape.

Deal?

Bambi
Nah, they are just crapping their panties thinking about playing in the MVC or Mountain West! ROFL

More like the SEC.

Imagine Kentucky had a rival year in and year out in Kansas ala Duke-North Carolina?

Sure KU would be throttled in football but the national stage of basketball would be huge.

College Basketball earns more money anyway than football overall.

Frazod

But - but - WE'RE AWESOME! WE WON THE ORANGE BOWL! YOU CAN'T LEAVE US! COME BACK!!! :deevee:

kepp
06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

He just needs to use them. Just put up a cheap little drop-shipping store front site.

Frazod
Meth-U should know, they've been unwanted in the Big 12 since it started.

And here goes our residence drug addict scumbag with the METH YOU talk again.

Don't you ever get tired of this, Dopey?

Bambi
$25,000 cashiers check. We send them to a agreed upon individual or institution & after 5 years we'll see if any changes have been made to the conference landscape.

Deal?

I was thinking more like a "shave your head type wager".

I believe what you are attempting to do is illegal.

kepp
06-03-2010, 03:42 PM

CoMo APPROVED!!

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah and the same thing applies to college football.

What's your point?

Cheer up. You wouldn't be such a target if you were just a cooler person.

I don't want you or any other faggot-ass beaker troll to like me. Okay?

HerculesRockefell
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Denver TV market as already pointed out, more CU alums in Pac 10 states than Big XII states, CU is a research institution, like quite a few of the Pac 10 schools but not Big XII schools.

CU almost joined the Pac 10 in the 90's before the Big XII came into being too. I think it's more of a "when will CU join the Pac 10" at this point.

Pablo
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
This thread is turning out just as I hoped it would.

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Yeah, I sure will miss these.

kepp
06-03-2010, 03:47 PM

ROFLROFL Thanks, Lew.

Bambi
ROFLROFL Thanks, Lew.

:thumb:

Bearcat
More like the SEC.

Imagine Kentucky had a rival year in and year out in Kansas ala Duke-North Carolina?

Sure KU would be throttled in football but the national stage of basketball would be huge.

Really? I'd be very, very surprised if that was true, or if basketball was even close.

Pablo
06-03-2010, 03:49 PM

I actually will.

Pants
06-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I actually will.

Yeah, me too.

HemiEd
06-03-2010, 03:51 PM

Wastelanders? Ha, now that is so funny/wrong on so many levels for an intellect like you!

I will miss Nebraska!

Frazod
06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I actually will.

I won't. Seems like we do this once a month.

Chieficus
06-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Thinking football only here (I'm not much on basketball), I hope the Big XII holds it together... IMO they've shown the past several years that they're right up there w/ (okay, maybe just slightly behind) the SEC in terms of being the top college football conference.

With OU--I would be pissed with a conference teamup w/ pac-10 teams. I don't like the pac-10 at all. At least w/ the SEC I have respect for them... if the Big XII folds, that's where I'd want to see OU go... granted geographically "southeastern" doesn't really fit.

Bearcat
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM

Well, if Mizzou does go to the Big Televen, they would probably just swap Illinois with Kansas on their schedule..... it would suck to see Mizzou get propped up by being in the B11. They would beat Minnesota or some shit and jump into the top 15, because that conference is always loaded!!!! :doh!:

kepp
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Really? I'd be very, very surprised if that was true, or if basketball was even close.

http://www.businesspundit.com/the-12-most-valuable-teams-in-ncaa-football/
...compared to
http://www.everyjoe.com/articles/college-basketballs-richest-teams-375/

Not even close.

BWillie
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
More like the SEC.

Wonder what SEC is going to do when the PAC-10 and Big Ten expand. I hate the SEC, just hate those bastards, but you gotta do what you gotta do if they came calling.

Guru
06-03-2010, 03:57 PM
meh, I don't care where we play as long as we continue to make the tourney and show well.

Minus those damned early exits due to lack of preparation.:thumb:

Pablo
06-03-2010, 03:58 PM
I won't. Seems like we do this once a month.

It's a ritual bloodletting to clean out the tension and hatred. So fresh hatred and tension can begin.

Like a giant menstrual flow of college rivalry.

We've got pussies(ksu fans), douches(mu fans) and crusty tampons(nub fans) all in one thread. What more could yo ask for?

teedubya
06-03-2010, 03:59 PM
If anyone needs any MVC championship tickets in 2012, let me know. I got a good connection in the Athletics dept.

WilliamTheIrish
06-03-2010, 04:00 PM

It's incredible.

1) UTexas drug Baylor into the Big 12.

2) Kietzman is the only person talking MU to the Big 10

3) I just found out that CBB makes more money that CFB.

You couldn't find better gems in a South African mine.

kepp
06-03-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a ritual bloodletting to clean out the tension and hatred. So fresh hatred and tension can begin.

We've got pussies(ksu fans), douches(mu fans) and crusty tampons(nub fans) all in one thread. What more could yo ask for?

Then ku must be PMS.

Pablo
06-03-2010, 04:01 PM
It's incredible.

It's amazing CP isn't comprised solely of investigative reporters isn't it?

Bambi
06-03-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.businesspundit.com/the-12-most-valuable-teams-in-ncaa-football/
...compared to
http://www.everyjoe.com/articles/college-basketballs-richest-teams-375/

Not even close.

Of course individual teams are more valuable. Shoot, when all put together the KU football team is probably a higher value than the basketball team. I'm talking revenue for the ncaa.

TV deals with ESPN, ABC and the March Madness tourney are huge and when you factor in that basketball plays so many more games it generates more. Plus the fact that you have so many more teams participating at division 1 level.

On the flip side basketball is more difficult to maintain per game being that there are so many more and so much more travel is included. So for individual schools the profits may differ. Alabama makes more in football, Kansas in basketball. I talking about the sport as a whole.

HemiEd
06-03-2010, 04:03 PM
It's incredible.

:LOL: great recap, and don't forget, Kansas is a wasteland.

Bambi
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Wonder what SEC is going to do when the PAC-10 and Big Ten expand. I hate the SEC, just hate those bastards, but you gotta do what you gotta do if they came calling.

What are some of the smaller sized football stadiums in the SEC? I can't think Kentucky and Ole Miss are THAT BIG.

Saul Good
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM

This would actually help MU. As it stands, there is a chance that the Big 10 is simply posturing trying to force Notre Dame's hand. If the Pac 10 expanded to 16, it would create a scramble for the other conferences to get to 16. The Big 10 would pretty much have to invite MU whether they really wanted to or not.

Bearcat
06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
meh, I don't care where we play as long as we continue to make the tourney and show well.

Minus those damned early exits due to lack of preparation.:thumb:

I care... I know there are good reasons to join the Big Televen, but watching the games (BB or FB) sure as hell isn't one of them. I'd also hate to end up in the same spot as a team like Memphis, where the BB conference season is boring as hell. The SEC would be intriguing... at least for one sport.

Stewie
06-03-2010, 04:12 PM
This would actually help MU. As it stands, there is a chance that the Big 10 is simply posturing trying to force Notre Dame's hand. If the Pac 10 expanded to 16, it would create a scramble for the other conferences to get to 16. The Big 10 would pretty much have to invite MU whether they really wanted to or not.

I think it's the Big 10 trying to get ND into the mix. After their meetings the only thing that was mentioned (by both the Wis. and Mich. St. AD's) was getting ND into the Big 10. When asked specifically about other schools they made it sound as if they weren't discussed.

kstater
06-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Oh noes, I'm scared.

Al Bundy
06-03-2010, 05:01 PM

Which sends UCF to the Big East...

Frazod
06-03-2010, 05:49 PM

I'm mainly tired of the seven or eight of you that I actually like getting dragged into the shit aimed at the 200 or 300 of you that I'd just as soon see choking on antifreeze.

teedubya
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm mainly tired of the seven or eight of you that I actually like getting dragged into the shit aimed at the 200 or 300 of you that I'd just as soon see choking on antifreeze.

which group am I in? lol :hmmm: :D

Frazod
06-03-2010, 05:53 PM
which group am I in? lol :hmmm: :D

A couple of years ago, definitely antifreeze. But now, not so much. :D

HolyHandgernade
06-03-2010, 05:57 PM
The only real players here are Texas and California, and of those two, Texas has more juice than any individual school on the left coast. Texas wants the Big XII to remain intact, so why not counter offer them like this:

"No thanks, but USC, UCLA, Cal and Stanford, if you're interested, would you like to join our 'Big 16'?" California has the majority of those TV sites, the Big XII has the majority of schools who are actually competitive in collegiate athletics. I think the PAC-10 actually overplays their hand on this one. Texas has the most chips and its California that wants a greater share in midwestern markets. I' ask them if they want to cut the rest of the PAC-10 dead weight.

-HH

Pants
06-03-2010, 06:02 PM
The only real players here are Texas and California, and of those two, Texas has more juice than any individual school on the left coast. Texas wants the Big XII to remain intact, so why not counter offer them like this:

"No thanks, but USC, UCLA, Cal and Stanford, if you're interested, would you like to join our 'Big 16'?" California has the majority of those TV sites, the Big XII has the majority of schools who are actually competitive in collegiate athletics. I think the PAC-10 actually overplays their hand on this one. Texas has the most chips and its California that wants a greater share in midwestern markets. I' ask them if they want to cut the rest of the PAC-10 dead weight.

-HH

That could happen, except our commish is Dan fucking Beebe.

teedubya
06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
A couple of years ago, definitely antifreeze. But now, not so much. :D

Don't forget, it also depends on what time of year... this is calm season. lol :LOL:

Frazod
06-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Don't forget, it also depends on what time of year... this is calm season. lol :LOL:

Sorry, you just don't irritate me that much anymore. :harumph:

Buck
06-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Heres what can happen with the leftovers.

The Mountain West will be formally inviting Boise State to the Mountain West on Monday, and there is no doubt that Boise State will join.

So the MWC will be:

Boise St, Utah, BYU, UNLV, TCU, San Diego State, Air Force, Wyoming, Colorado State, and New Mexico.

Add two to six of the following: Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Nebraska and Missouri, and you have a super conference.

KChiefs1
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I was thinking more like a "shave your head type wager".

Illegal? Nah...

OnTheWarpath58
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
If anyone needs any MVC championship tickets in 2012, let me know. I got a good connection in the Athletics dept.

How did you get them?

I thought they were already reserved for the porn stars?

BWillie
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM

-HH

That's really a good idea, but I'd just ask USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington at first. I guess I don't know how most Californians feel about their sports teams though like I do for Texas. Pretty much anywhere in Texas is Texas fans though. Maybe that is not the case in No Cal

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2010, 09:55 PM

You are fucking retard if you actually think that.

Al Bundy
06-04-2010, 05:33 AM
I wonder if USC and Texas could survive in the same conference? Wouldn't both of them demand to be top dog when it comes to revenue sharing?

eazyb81
06-04-2010, 05:42 AM
More like the SEC.

:facepalm:

So is it official or still unofficial that this doofus is the worst noob poster of the year?

Al Bundy
06-04-2010, 05:46 AM
More like the SEC.

KU wouldn't win the SEC in basketball and they would finish below Vanderbilt in football. It would be a lose lose situation for them.

Al Bundy
06-04-2010, 05:47 AM

So is it official or still unofficial that this doofus is the worst noob poster of the year?

That is the 1st time I have ever seen the guy... not a real good 1st impression, and before he says "I don't care." I don't really care if he cares or not.

Pants
06-04-2010, 08:18 AM
KU wouldn't win the SEC in basketball.

Interesting theory.

Reaper16
06-04-2010, 08:22 AM
KU wouldn't win the SEC in basketball
You give em' no chance to beat out Kentucky?

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 08:36 AM
K-State to the MWC, I hope.

Yearly road trips to Vegas and San Diego? Sign me up.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM

ROFL

Bambi
06-04-2010, 08:53 AM
KU wouldn't win the SEC in basketball and they would finish below Vanderbilt in football. It would be a lose lose situation for them.

Well this statement confirms I'm not the biggest retard here.

Bambi
06-04-2010, 08:55 AM

nice "Champions" avatar.

ROFL

Tiger's Fan
06-04-2010, 09:00 AM

KU would dominate ANY conference in basketball outside of the ACC.

In the ACC, they would be highly competative, winning their share of conference titles.

They would also be competative with the Vanderbilts of the SEC in football, just like they are in the Big XII.

Don't be a foolish hater. Fraz has that taken.

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 09:02 AM
KU would dominate ANY conference in basketball outside of the ACC.

In the ACC, they would be highly competative, winning their share of conference titles.

They would also be competative with the Vanderbilts of the SEC in football, just like they are in the Big XII.

Don't be a foolish hater. Fraz has that taken.

Your opinion on anything is automatically discredited due to past transgressions, you piece of shit.

blaise
06-04-2010, 09:05 AM
KU would not dominate the Big East. They'd be one of the elite teams, but they wouldn't dominate.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2010, 09:09 AM
I tell ya, KU has some real winners coming out on their behalf in this thread.

Buster Hymen and this new douche are just Beakers to the core.

Now if we could just get JAZ and ArrowheadHawk to come in and say some dumb shit, we'd be all set.

Mr. Laz
06-04-2010, 09:10 AM
KU would not dominate the Big East. They'd be one of the elite teams, but they wouldn't dominate.
yea ... i think Self style of play would fit right into the Big East though.

blaise
06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
yea ... i think Self style of play would fit right into the Big East though.

He'd probably love it.

Mr. Laz
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
He'd probably love it.
yep ... he would be in hog heaven in that "grab a bunch of big guys and play Basket'Foot'ball" league.

Tiger's Fan
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Your opinion on anything is automatically discredited due to past transgressions, you piece of shit.

Says the solid poster who's a fan of the second best team (by a fucking mile) of a small populated state.

Purple is the new color of envy.

You're much better off fucking with the MUrons. They haven't won anything either.

ROFL

Pants
06-04-2010, 09:15 AM

Now if we could just get JAZ and ArrowheadHawk to come in and say some dumb shit, we'd be all set.

How exactly is Wickedson a douche? Please.

DaKCMan AP
06-04-2010, 09:15 AM

ROFL

Mr. Laz
06-04-2010, 09:16 AM

and yet they are all still better than the MU asshole brigade ...

Reaper16
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Because he says stupid things in lieu of actual argument and then acts superior on top of that.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM

Have you read this thread?

You can have him.

Pants
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
The only really stupid thing he's said so far is football vs basketball money. At least he tried backing his theory up, unlike most of everybody else here.

boogblaster
06-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Big 6 .. huh ...

irishjayhawk
06-04-2010, 09:26 AM
I briefly listened to Nick Wright yesterday (rarely ever listen to sports radio) and he was talking about this speculation.

Personally, I think he's right. If KU is left out of the football conference realignment, a conference will take them for basketball alone. The program is too storied. He hinted towards ACC mostly because of Lew's ties and because the other storied programs there.

I also agreed with him that his is more of a step towards eliminating the NCAA as an organization. I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long given the NCAA's retardation on just about every single issue.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2010, 09:28 AM
The only really stupid thing he's said so far is football vs basketball money. At least he tried backing his theory up, unlike most of everybody else here.

Whatever you say, Champ.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Says the solid poster who's a fan of the second best team (by a ****ing mile) of a small populated state.

Purple is the new color of envy.

You're much better off ****ing with the MUrons. They haven't won anything either.

ROFL

2nd best, according to the legends in your own mind. :LOL:

DaKCMan AP
06-04-2010, 09:32 AM

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/03/1660705/sec-playing-waiting-game-on-decision.html

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:33 AM

You can have him.

Gee, I can't imagine why Metrolike wouldn't think he's a douche....

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 09:33 AM
You are ****ing retard if you actually think that.

He's a fucking retard whether he believes that or not.

Pants
06-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Gee, I can't imagine why Metrolike wouldn't think he's a douche....

No, I understand. MU and KSU fans talking shit is totally cool, KU fans talking shit are douches. Having a superior program also automatically makes one a douche.

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
No, I understand. MU and KSU fans talking shit is totally cool, KU fans talking shit are douches. Having a superior program also automatically makes one a douche.

No, I fully admit i'm a douchebag.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:40 AM

Cut Buster some slack. He's trying to get his life turned around now that he's out on parole. Besides, sweeping up that trailer park must be hard work.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM

:LOL:

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:42 AM

Not all of them.

Of course, you'd be a douche no matter who you rooted for.

And we're all laughing at the "superior" program that nobody wants in their conference or gives to two shits about. LMAO

Bambi
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM

You can have him.

You'd say that to my face?

I'll be in the Kansas City area in October. Let's get together.

Pants
Not all of them.

Of course, you'd be a douche no matter who you rooted for.

And we're all laughing at the "superior" program that nobody wants in their conference or gives to two shits about. LMAO

Our program is superior because we have been National Champions. You can't even get a Conference Championship. The only reason you're even in discussion about the B10 expansion is because of location. That doesn't make your AD any better. MU = garbage. It's a good thing it's located in a populous state and is the sole BCS school there.

Saulbadguy

Now we've come full circle. Is this evidence enough for douche-ness, Metrolike?

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

IT'S BUSTER'S LITTLE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Do you two live in the same trailer park?

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 09:49 AM

In all seriousness, this is about Football - always has been. It is what drives college sports economics. In that regard, both KU and KSU have little to give in that department. Neither has a big TV revenue market or winning tradition to bring to the table. MU has the STL market, and that is enough to make them attractive to the B10. Their football history is decent, but nothing to woo anybody with. NU has football, and that's plenty enough to get the interest from the B10.

This should all be quite interesting as it continues to unfold.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Our program is superior because we have been National Champions. You can't even get a Conference Championship. The only reason you're even in discussion about the B10 expansion is because of location. That doesn't make your AD any better. MU = garbage. It's a good thing it's located in a populous state and is the sole BCS school there.

Yes, you're the most awesome unwanted program in history.

Bambi
06-04-2010, 09:51 AM
IT'S BUSTER'S LITTLE BROTHER!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Do you two live in the same trailer park?

How can a person dedicate so much of one's time hating another.

Easy, jealousy.

Bambi
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Now we've come full circle. Is this evidence enough for douche-ness, Metrolike?

name-calling.

So fitting.

And you click on smilies very well. Good Job! :thumb:

Pants
06-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Yes, you're the most awesome unwanted program in history.

I didn't say that. I only said KU is a better program than MU, which, I think, anyone unbiased can agree on. It's a very simple formula: NC's and BCS bowls > nothing.

Saulbadguy
name-calling.

So fitting.

And you click on smilies very well. Good Job! :thumb:

You'll fit in well here.

Bambi

I find it actually quite amazing that a state the size of Missouri with so many more people than a state like Kansas (who has it's population split by two schools) cannot win anything ever.

That in itself is an accomplishment.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:55 AM
How can a person dedicate so much of one's time hating another.

Easy, jealousy.

Of Kansas? ROFL

You think the KU basketball is the greatest thing on earth because it's all you've got. When you live in a state that rates professonal teams, it expands your horizons somewhat.

buddha
In all seriousness, this is about Football - always has been. It is what drives college sports economics. In that regard, both KU and KSU have little to give in that department. Neither has a big TV revenue market or winning tradition to bring to the table. MU has the STL market, and that is enough to make them attractive to the B10. Their football history is decent, but nothing to woo anybody with. NU has football, and that's plenty enough to get the interest from the B10.

This should all be quite interesting as it continues to unfold.

This...+1

Metrolink, enjoy talking smack with your future brothers in the Mountain West conference. Your act has gotten stale here.

ChiTown's post was spot on. It also doesn't help the Beaker's case that a full federal investigation is going on right now. Lew Perkins sold his soul to get the Orange Bowl, and I'd be surprised if he didn't use the Pumps to sell the 25K tickets he bargained to sell as well.

Bottom line, KU is in trouble right now...if you think otherwise, you're a complete idiot.

Pants
I find it actually quite amazing that a state the size of Missouri with so many more people than a state like Kansas (who has it's population split by two schools) cannot win anything ever.

Can't argue with facts.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 09:58 AM
I didn't say that. I only said KU is a better program than MU, which, I think, anyone unbiased can agree on. It's a very simple formula: NC's and BCS bowls > nothing.

BCS bowls? You only got one, and everybody on earth knows you didn't deserve to be there. Everybody also knows who the superior team was that year.

Funny how you rip on KSU - they actually played in one and earned the right to do so on the field. Beakers don't like to talk about that, though.

Pants
Lew Perkins sold his soul to get the Orange Bowl, and I'd be surprised if he didn't use the Pumps to sell the 25K tickets he bargained to sell as well.

All these MU fans keep saying this but nobody can provide a source, can I please have a source?

This new conjecture has reached a whole new level, though. LMAO

Bambi
Of Kansas? ROFL

You think the KU basketball is the greatest thing on earth because it's all you've got. When you live in a state that rates professonal teams, it expands your horizons somewhat.

That's your response?

haha

Pants
06-04-2010, 10:00 AM
BCS bowls? You only got one, and everybody on earth knows you didn't deserve to be there. Everybody also knows who the superior team was that year.

Funny how you rip on KSU - they actually played in one and earned the right to do so on the field. Beakers don't like to talk about that, though.

Pretty sure winning a bowl means a team did, in fact, belong there. And I was talking in generalities when I said bowls and championships, lol. Don't get your panties all twisted in a bunch.

And I don't rip on KSU, I do make fun of their occasional claims of greatness in basketball, but that's about it. I'm fully aware of their history and I have never, ever said "go win something, ANYTHING" to them, like I do to MU fans.

buddha
06-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Of Kansas? ROFL

frazod, KU basketball is the meal ticket for all of them, isn't it? Something happens in Columbia, hundreds of journalists are all over the story. Something happens in Lawrence, hundreds of locals are doing anything in their power to cover the shit up. The Douglas County DA is like the freaking Maytag repair man...the loneliest guy in town. Nobody to prosecute. Why? Because everything is quickly covered up, shipped out of town (see JR Giddens), "handled internally" (see the two football players who sexually assaulted the female track athlete a few years back and Terry Allen didn't think it warranted anything more than a few stadium stairs), etc., etc.

Imagine Lawrence without KU basketball. The whole thing dries up and blows away.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't rip on KSU. I'm fully aware of their history and I have never, ever said "go win something, ANYTHING" to them, like I do to MU fans.

Can't we all just hate each other evenly? Please!

Frazod
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
frazod, KU basketball is the meal ticket for all of them, isn't it? Something happens in Columbia, hundreds of journalists are all over the story. Something happens in Lawrence, hundreds of locals are doing anything in their power to cover the shit up. The Douglas County DA is like the freaking Maytag repair man...the loneliest guy in town. Nobody to prosecute. Why? Because everything is quickly covered up, shipped out of town (see JR Giddens), "handled internally" (see the two football players who sexually assaulted the female track athlete a few years back and Terry Allen didn't think it warranted anything more than a few stadium stairs), etc., etc.

Imagine Lawrence without KU basketball. The whole thing dries up and blows away.

Sort of like Kansas without Missouri.

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Sort of like Kansas without Missouri.

I often hear from Lawrence residents that Lawrence is so much better than Topeka because it is closer to Kansas City.

Pants
06-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Can't we all just hate each other evenly? Please!

I have a certain dislike for KSU and your holier than thou fans on this board, but I pretty much abhor anything mizury.

Bambi
06-04-2010, 10:06 AM
All these MU fans keep saying this but nobody can provide a source, can I please have a source?

This new conjecture has reached a whole new level, though. LMAO

I find the same problem when asking people where the evidence is that they're going to be asked to join the Big 10.

chiefsnorth
06-04-2010, 10:07 AM
It will be interesting to see if the basketball team can remain prominent with the reduction in revenue and notoriety that will follow a move to Conference USA.

There have been rumors in the past that the ACC could swipe WV, Cincy, and Louisville as well.

It would be a blow to lose so much TV revenue. I wonder what the actual difference would be?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I have a certain dislike for KSU and your holier than thou fans on this board, but I pretty much abhor anything mizury.

Well, to come clean, I hate both of you MF'rs evenly. That's just how I roll.....

:evil:

Bambi

I often hear from Lawrence residents that Lawrence is so much better than Topeka because it is closer to Kansas City.

No it's better than Topeka because it isn't as ghetto.

Frazod

Too bad that doesn't include the Chiefs. You'd make a fine Bronco fan.

Bambi
06-04-2010, 10:11 AM

I don't dislike any of the local teams.

Maybe Nebraska a little because they are good once in a while.

KSU is like a little bro. I actually root for them.

Missouri I don't really see as a rival like everyone makes it out to be. In football perhaps because historically the series is so close but KU has had bigger moments recently and the program is so much more accomplished on a national scale.

I don't have nearly the venom for MU as they seem to have for KU. At least people on this board.

Maybe if the Chiefs can win a few games they'll calm down a bit.

Pants
06-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Too bad that doesn't include the Chiefs. You'd make a fine Bronco fan.

When the Chiefs become affiliated with mizury, I'll really have to rethink my fandom. I wonder if you'd stayed a Chief fan had they decided to move to JoCo where we would've welcomed them with open arms.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't dislike any of the local teams.

Maybe Nebraska a little because they are good once in a while.

KSU is like a little bro. I actually root for them.

Missouri I don't really see as a rival like everyone makes it out to be. In football perhaps because historically the series is so close but KU has had bigger moments recently and the program is so much more accomplished on a national scale.

I don't have nearly the venom for MU as they seem to have for KU. At least people on this board.

Maybe if the Chiefs can win a few games they'll calm down a bit.

Feel free not to answer, but can I ask how old you are?

Frazod
06-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I really enjoyed this big moment.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
When the Chiefs become affiliated with mizury, I'll really have to rethink my fandom. I wonder if you'd stayed a Chief fan had they decided to move to JoCo where we would've welcomed them with open arms.

.......and built them a brand new stadium. Not to mention, I can gar a nice portion of those tickets are purchased by Kansas residents.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM

It's a Missouri team. Fact. Period. The End.

The next time you go to Chiefs or Royals game, and you drive past that big sign that says WELCOME TO MISSOURI, think of me, laughing at you.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:20 AM

The next time you go to Chiefs or Royals game, and you drive past that big sign that says WELCOME TO MISSOURI, think of me, laughing at you.

Nigga, please!

DJ's left nut
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM

Wicked - internet tough guys kick ass.

No, I won't be meeting you in Kansas City.

Yes, you're still a half-wit.

Pants
06-04-2010, 10:24 AM

Sure, it's located in Missouri, but I'm pretty sure they're called the Kansas City Chiefs. I live in Kansas City, so I'm a fan.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Sure, it's located in Missouri, but I'm pretty sure they're called the Kansas City Chiefs. I live in Kansas City, so I'm a fan.

Ah, so you live in Missouri? That's nice.

DaKCMan AP
06-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Our program is superior because we have been National Champions.

No conference is recruiting teams for basketball. All of the ongoing discussions revolve around football. Your program has not been National Champions in football.

Brock
06-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Meh. Tiresome pissings.

I sure hate to see our conference disintegrate.

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Some sort of press conference going on right now on 810, with Dan Beebe at the podium.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Some sort of press conference going on right now on 810, with Dan Beebe at the podium.

Did he take the Longhorn cock out of his mouth before speaking? It makes him much easier to understand.

Bambi
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Feel free not to answer, but can I ask how old you are?

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 10:55 AM

Sad.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:56 AM

Thanks

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:56 AM

Dan Beebe is a turd.

Saulbadguy
06-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Dan Beebe is a turd.

Well, he didn't say anything particularly useful.

Frazod
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM

slobberslobberchokecoughILOVETEXASslurpslobberchokecough

Bambi
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Sad.

?

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:59 AM

He never does. The B12 has been a passive little bitch for too long. It's why we're in the position we are currently in - disintegration.