PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Looney: Cassel's Crisp

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Insider Blog: Cassel's Crisp (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-Cassels-Crisp/5eaa084f-0711-4929-babb-87f18283d971)

By Josh Looney

Posted 2 hours ago
Matt Cassel had an impressive day at OTA #9

QB Matt Cassel was the story of the day at OTA #9. His throws were crisp, on point and he just looked to have a grove going. At one point in Red Zone seven-on-seven work, Cassel connected on three straight TDs and he looked to have a great relationship with Jerheme Urban throughout the day. It wasn’t just Urban though, as Leonard Pope, Terrance Copper, Dwayne Bowe and Chris Chambers were all recipients of big-play throws from Cassel on Thursday afternoon.

To those of us without the privilege of seats in the film room, Cassel turned in his best performance of the spring. His only glaring mishap came in the closing minutes of practice when rookie DB Javier Arenas jumped a two-minute route and took the pick back for six. Outside of that play, Cassel looked to be on the money.

Done for the Week

Thursday’s practice was the final of the week as players won’t return to the practice field again until Monday morning. Next week is a big week, however, with OTA practices Monday-Wednesday and prep for mandatory mini-camp kicking off Thursday with practices beginning on Friday.

“I felt like we had a really good workweek overall,” head coach Todd Haley said today. “I feel like the guys got better.”

Players Held Out of Practice (Rehab/Conditioning Zone)

WR Quinten Lawrence

WR Lance Long

CB Brandon Flowers

RB Jamaal Charles

TE Tony Moeaki

TE Brad Cottam

WR David Grimes

*QB Brodie Croyle

*Was not in the rehab zone, but did not participate in team drills

Nothing new to report here; it’s the same crew. Croyle continues to hang with the quarterbacks during drills, but there’s no helmet and no team reps for the Chiefs backup who injured the pointer finger on his throwing hand a week ago. The injury occurred when he hit his hand on a defender’s helmet during his follow-thru.

Tyler Palko has been running with the second team recently in Croyle’s absence.

Urban Coming On Strong

Jerheme Urban seems to have gone through a classic example of an acclimation period this spring. During his first few practices, Urban had a few drops and other mishaps as he became familiar with not only his new cast of quarterbacks, but also the team, city, playbook, coaching staff and everything else about his new employer as a whole.

This week, it’s almost as something just clicked. Urban has been a head-turner during team periods, becoming a favorite Cassel in the mid-level passing game. In addition to rehearsing for the role of “possession receiver,” Urban has also made big plays throughout the week in Red Zone work.

“I think that I maybe came in here trying to do too much early on,” Urban said. “I kind of got frustrated at times, but I took a step back this past weekend and took a deep breath.

“I’m feeling a little bit better and a little smoother out there” Urban continued. “Sometimes maybe I was a half-step slower out there just thinking too much.”

The holiday break seems to have paid off for Urban.

No Missed Time For Matt

Despite recently welcoming a baby girl into his family, Matt Cassel has yet to miss any time and OTAs. He’s been pulling the late night shift, following by intense morning lifts and practices, followed by more time lending a helping hand around the family.

The child is Matt and Lauren Cassel’s first, which means he might be heading to Todd Haley for more advice than just football. Haley is the proud father of five children – four being girls.

Actually, when it comes to splitting duties between football and family, Cassel may have already taken a page from Haley’s book.

“I told him if I could have a baby during training camp and plan it in between two-a-days and make it to the morning practice and afternoon practice, he should be ok,” Haley laughed.

True story.

“That actually happened in New York, in 2000,” Haley said.

In Other News…

Derrick Johnson and Jovan Belcher continued to work with the first team defense this afternoon as Haley has mixed and matched his personnel on both sides of the football throughout the spring.

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 03:16 PM
You know what isn't good? When it is newsworthy that a team's "franchise" QB looks crisp.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 03:16 PM
You know what isn't good? When it is newsworthy that a team's "franchise" QB looks crisp.

and still has an INT during the session

suds79
06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
and still has an INT during the session

:LOL:

Count Zarth
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
photoshop opp.

http://lordwhatsmymotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/cookie-crisp-cereal.jpg

AndChiefs
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Insider Blog: Cassel's Crisp (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-Cassels-Crisp/5eaa084f-0711-4929-babb-87f18283d971)

By Josh Looney

Posted 2 hours ago
Matt Cassel had an impressive day at OTA #9

QB Matt Cassel was the story of the day at OTA #9. His throws were crisp, on point and he just looked to have a grove going.

What kind of trees was he growing? Or was it just referring to how rooted to the ground he looked in the pocket?

Fish
06-03-2010, 03:21 PM
What kind of trees was he growing? Or was it just referring to how rooted to the ground he looked in the pocket?

This article actually has 4 or 5 typos.....

Sofa King
06-03-2010, 03:44 PM
This article actually has 4 or 5 typos.....

Athan spell check it or something?

Hog Farmer
06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Haley has FIVE fuckin kids ! No wonder he always has that Zombie look.

KC Tattoo
06-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Did he throw over 20 yards in his crisp throws?

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Did he throw over 20 yards in his crisp throws?

Another thing, the organization likes to compare Cassel to Trent but during the Peterson reign they were no where near as guarded with the PR spin concerning the QB position with Green at the helm going into the season in his second year with KC.

-King-
06-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Another thing, the organization likes to compare Cassel to Trent but during the Peterson reign they were no where near as guarded with the PR spin concerning the QB position with Green at the helm going into the season in his second year with KC.

ROFL you should hang up your Cassel hating Schtick. Like milkman says, you suck at it and you're a dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC Tattoo
06-03-2010, 05:11 PM

Untill I see it for myself and Cassel actually playes like a 28 year old starting QB vet & not a career back up (cough Huard cough) I'm not going to like him.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 05:11 PM
ROFL you should hang up your Cassel hating Schtick. Like milkman says, you suck at it and you're a dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why thank you, and my comment still stands.

HC_Chief
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM

:spock:
The only mention of Green in this thread was by you.

Since you brought it up, let's discuss <i>why</i> they would wish to compare Matt to Trent: they both had rough first seasons, they both joined teams with shit talent, and they both joined teams following an inept coaching staff.

This season will prove whether/not Cassel is 'the next Trent Green' or 'the next Elvis Grbac'. Until then, it is premature to write him off at qb... just as it was premature to write off Green after his first season.

I distinctly remember the "trINT" comments and calls for his ousting. The recent calls for Cassel's replacement have the same foul odor (figuratively speaking).

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I distinctly remember the "trINT" comments and calls for his ousting. The recent calls for Cassel's replacement have the same foul odor (figuratively speaking).

I was in Trent's corner from the start unlike good ole Cassel.

HC_Chief
06-03-2010, 05:21 PM

That makes no sense at all. The similarities are striking. Did Cassel run over your dog or something?

KC Tattoo
06-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Watching Cassel play and watching Huard play, couldn't tell the differance exept #7 & #11 on the jursey.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
That makes no sense at all. The similarities are striking. Did Cassel run over your dog or something?

Green had alot less to work with RBs,WRs,with the only weapon being Tony G. The skill sets are what it is striking different, Trent had a solid arm, quick reading ability, good accuracy, and route anticipation.
While Cassel on on the other hand holds the ball longer than a senile granny looking for the last thread of twine.Matt also has horrible anticipation of routes being run, easily rattled when he makes mistakes, poor accuracy, and simply doesn't have the composure to be successful at the position

Brock
06-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Your opinion on QBs is universally chuckled at.

CrazyHorse
06-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Watching Cassel play and watching Huard play, couldn't tell the differance exept #7 & #11 on the jursey.

If you cant tell a difference between those two players, you're in no position to argue your point effectively. Those two players are very different.

Count Zarth
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Do I have to do everything myself?

http://i46.tinypic.com/1z6qf6r.jpg

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Trent Green was on a MUCH better team offensively and we gave up a 1st round pick(12th) for him. He was protected by one of the best Oline Evah in his 2nd year.

doomy3
06-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Green had alot less to work with RBs,WRs,with the only weapon being Tony G. The skill sets are what it is striking different, Trent had a solid arm, quick reading ability, good accuracy, and route anticipation.
While Cassel on on the other hand holds the ball longer than a senile granny looking for the last thread of twine.Matt also has horrible anticipation of routes being run, easily rattled when he makes mistakes, poor accuracy, and simply doesn't have the composure to be successful at the position

ROFL

Yeah, let's not count Priest Holmes. Also, let's not mention his ridiculous offensive line.

Chiefaholic
06-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Then you were in the minority... If it were up to the Planet, Trent Green would have backed up HuTard.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Trent Green
Priest Holmes
Tony Richardson
Eddie Kennison
Dante Hall
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Dunn
Will shields
Brian Waters
Casey Wiegmann
Willie Roaf
John Tait

all the young versions too ... ya, Green had nothing ROFL

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
ROFL

Yeah, let's not count Priest Holmes. Also, let's not mention his ridiculous offensive line.

The O-Line came in his second year not his first, and he had far less talent at the WR position. Cassel will have a primetime running game, a far better OL, and more weapons at the receiver position. I don't want to hear ZERO excuses when Cassel fails.

Brock
06-03-2010, 06:07 PM
The O-Line came in his second year not his first, and he had far less talent at the WR position. Cassel will have a primetime running game, a far better OL, and more weapons at the receiver position. I don't want to hear ZERO excuses when Cassel fails.

The O line he had in his first year was good. Don't be dumb.

-King-
06-03-2010, 06:14 PM

Jesus! Are you fucking serious? Do you dare compare the team around Cassel vs. the team around Green? Green's team looks like the probowl team compared to Cassel's.

Fuck, it really sucks that you are making people look like they're defending Cassel.

HC_Chief
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Trent Green was on a MUCH better team offensively and we gave up a 1st round pick(12th) for him. He was protected by one of the best Oline Evah in his 2nd year.

True, but no one really knew that until 2002. In 2001 the WR corps was bad (Alexander was the best, then Minnis, Parker, and Chris Thomas *shudder*)

The 2001 team was all Priest and Tony G... that is, once DV and Al Saunders finally figured out that Priest was a phenomenal weapon. What was it, game 3 or 4 when they FINALLY said "holy shit, we have the most versatile back in the league?! Well let's use him instead of all this other shit!"

The screaming for Trent's replacement (17TDs, 24INTs, 56%comp, ~3800yds) could be heard in frigging China. IMO much of that had to do with the Grbac fiasco, but it still occurred.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
The O line he had in his first year was good. Don't be dumb.

John Tait was failing at LT thus gave way to the Joe Horn gift of Willie Roaf. Victor Riley was also going through some head issues,and was released. The point still stands that at the skill positions Cassel has a lot to work with than Trent did during his first year.

-King-
06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
John Tait was failing at LT thus gave way to the Joe Horn gift of Willie Roaf. Victor Riley was also going through some head issues,and was released. The point still stands that at the skill positions Cassel has a lot to work with than Trent did during his first year.

Hmmm... Lets see: Tait, Waters, Weigman, Shields, Spears

vs.

Albert, Waters, Nice-Wanger, Wade Smith, O'Callahan.

Um...I'll take Trents line any day.

HC_Chief
06-03-2010, 06:24 PM

Uhh, no. Tony Gonzalez = HALL OF FAME TE. Priest Holmes = most versatile, productive scoring machine in the league from 2001 until his injury in 2004.

The 2001 OL was better than the 2009 OL.

Kennison was a late addition; only started one game in 2001.

Chambers, as a late addition, is a bit better than Derrick Alexander was in 2001.

That said, it was still a 6-10 team that scored only 16 more points than the 2009 Chiefs.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
The O-Line came in his second year not his first, and he had far less talent at the WR position. Cassel will have a primetime running game, a far better OL, and more weapons at the receiver position. I don't want to hear ZERO excuses when Cassel fails.and how in the hell did Cassel have more talent at receiver?

Bowe (gone 4 games his only year with cassel)
chambers (only played last 9 games and had to learn offensive)
terrance copper
quinten lawrence
lance long (played 7 games, another pickup)
bobbie wade (played 12 games, another pickup)
tightend - basically none
RB's Larry Johnson - the ass sucking version
RB Jamaal charles - on the bench until week 9 or 10
FB mike Cox
RB javarris Williams

Green

Priest Holmes
Larry Johnson (pissed version)
Tony Richardson
mike Cloud
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Dunn
Eddie kennsion
Derrick Blaylock
Johnny Morton
Marc Boerigter
Snoop Minnis

-King-
06-03-2010, 06:26 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL I didn't even notice this at first. You just made it?

-King-
06-03-2010, 06:28 PM
and how in the hell did Cassel have more talent at receiver?

Bowe (gone 4 games his only year with cassel)
chambers (only played last 9 games and had to learn offensive)
terrance copper
quinten lawrence
lance long (played 7 games, another pickup)
bobbie wade (played 12 games, another pickup)
tightend - basically none
RB's Larry Johnson - the ass sucking version
RB Jamaal charles - on the bench until week 9 or 10
FB mike Cox
RB javarris Williams

Green

Priest Holmes
Larry Johnson (pissed version)
Tony Richardson
mike Cloud
Tony Gonzalez
Jason Dunn
Eddie kennsion
Derrick Blaylock
Johnny Morton
Marc Boerigter
Snoop Minnis

LJ wasn't there Greens 2001 season lol.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
LJ wasn't there Greens 2001 season lol.
wtf ever ... going by memory

besides it was priest who was uber ... he had 2,000 yards combine rushing/receiving.

boogblaster
06-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Hopefully he'll be extra-crispy by the start of the season ... one 10 yard pass after another .....

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 06:36 PM
John Tait was failing at LT thus gave way to the Joe Horn gift of Willie Roaf. Victor Riley was also going through some head issues,and was released. The point still stands that at the skill positions Cassel has a lot to work with than Trent did during his first year.tait and riley were so bad that Priest holmes rushed for 1500 yards and caught another 600+ yards, 10 TD's

Tony G had almost 1000 yards with another 6 TD's

those 2 alone give Green the edge

-King-
06-03-2010, 06:41 PM
And TW disappears from this thread never to be seen again.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
And TW disappears from this thread never to be seen again.

Really? KC had probably the greatest interior 3 for about 15 years when it was Szott,Gruhnard, Shields then Waters, Weigman, Shields. Which Will is the one constant. Most of the runs were thanks to the interior line.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Really? KC had probably the greatest interior 3 for about 15 years when it was Szott,Gruhnard, Shields then Waters, Weigman, Shields. Which Will is the one constant. Most of the runs were thanks to the interior line.
and that great interior line protected Green and let him step up.

Priest holmes ran to the outside a lot

Trent Green had a good Oline his first year and a great Oline after that

Cassel had a complete shit Oline for his first 10 games and then a mediocre one after that

his center sucked ass and let the DT's get right into the QB's face almost as fast as Cassel could take a 5 step drop.

Chiefaholic
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Hopefully he'll be extra-crispy by the start of the season ... one 10 yard pass after another .....

Last I checked, THAT is a first down. I'll take that any day of the week, expecially Sundays.

Chiefaholic
06-03-2010, 07:09 PM
People stating that the lines were comparable are smoking crack. Right now we have Albert as the only sure fire starter. After that, it'll be a game of musical chairs the next 2-3 years.

Mr. Laz
06-03-2010, 07:11 PM
People stating that the lines were comparable are smoking crack. Right now we have Albert as the only sure fire starter. After that, it'll be a game of musical chairs the next 2-3 years.
Albert wasn't "sure fire" for the first 10 games last year

i hope to hell he's "sure fire" this year

Marcellus
06-03-2010, 07:50 PM
tait and riley were so bad that Priest holmes rushed for 1500 yards and caught another 600+ yards, 10 TD's

Tony G had almost 1000 yards with another 6 TD's

those 2 alone give Green the edge

I also believe Priest led the league in rushing and he didn't even start the first 3 weeks of the season or so.

To say the talent was comparable between 2001 and 2009 is laughable.

Brock
06-03-2010, 08:02 PM

No, I'm sorry, your point doesn't stand. The offensive line was worlds better than the 2009 Chiefs offensive line. The only area the Chiefs are better at this point is at WR.

JASONSAUTO
06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
and again tw looks like the ass on a 450 lb guy with his pants saggin
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG K
06-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I also believe Priest led the league in rushing and he didn't even start the first 3 weeks of the season or so.

To say the talent was comparable between 2001 and 2009 is laughable.

Did not Vermeil himself say that he saw Holmes a a good 3rd down rusher behind Richardson and company? Guess the same could be said of Jared
Allen, the long snapper.........

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 09:04 PM
No, I'm sorry, your point doesn't stand. The offensive line was worlds better than the 2009 Chiefs offensive line. The only area the Chiefs are better at this point is at WR.

and RB is the same no real drop off in comparison to Priest, and the OL should be improved as good as the 90's to '07 interior I wouldn't say that, but the OL now should definitely be solid enough for Cassel not to wet his pants with Albert ascending, Lilja playing LG their shouldn't be fear in pressure up the middle. The whole point of this baby, has Cassel has no excuses if you want to compare him with Trent which I've stated that their skill set are drastically different. Cassel had a running game at last half of the season, and the OL improved big time. Trent had shit for Receivers outside Gonzo. Vermeil and Trent took responsibility and didn't throw the WR corps under the bus.

Chiefspants
06-03-2010, 09:08 PM

Yeah, Priest Holmes sure did blow at the RB position.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah, Priest Holmes sure did blow at the RB position.

Charles almost ran for 2,000 yards in the last half of the season, so this comparison breaks even

dennis
06-03-2010, 09:14 PM
long article! don't have time to read it,but support you! come guy!

Chiefspants
06-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Charles almost ran for 2,000 yards in the last half of the season, so this comparison breaks even

Um, not quite 2,000, but I know what you mean. However, I would like to point out how unfair it is to say that Green was any worse off than Cassel was, especially considering the line Green had in front of him. Also, Holmes blocking, receiving, and running was with Green all season, instead of just the last eight games.

I would have been curious to see how Green would have done with the ass muncher johnson behind him.

Brock
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
and RB is the same no real drop off in comparison to Priest

Stopped reading there because of the blinding stupidity of it all.

milkman
06-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Blinding stupidity is right.

TW at his absolute best.

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2010, 09:53 PM

Huard is more talented and the better QB which is painful to say.

Chiefs Rool
06-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Matt Cassel really reminds me of this cock-sucking, rich kid, silver spoon a-hole that I went to high school with. We both played football and one day in the locker room, I busted his ass in the nose. He looks like Cassel and his face expressions remind me of him. More reason for me to hate him.

doomy3
06-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 11:03 PM

for one year yes,but for career? Fuck no!

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2010, 11:06 PM

LMAO You should've taken Pest's avatar and used that face in each little crisp.

doomy3
06-03-2010, 11:06 PM
for one year yes,but for career? **** no!

I have absolutely no idea what this post is supposed to mean. So, it fits in well with most of your efforts in this thread.

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I have absolutely no idea what this post is supposed to mean. So, it fits in well with most of your efforts in this thread.

Easy, if you drawing comparison to Charles body of work to Priest's of course Priest will win out.If you take their production for the year they were 1st or Charles' case finally a starter their production and impact are on par.

doomy3
06-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Easy, if you drawing comparison to Charles body of work to Priest's of course Priest will win out.If you take their production for the year they were 1st or Charles' case finally a starter their production and impact are on par.

Wut?

I'll try to translate your post to English, but I don't see how this equates to your earlier post in this thread that "Charles almost ran for 2,000 yards in the last half of the season."

The way you blatantly make things up to try to make some sort of argument is absolutely hilarious.

-King-
06-03-2010, 11:45 PM
for one year yes,but for career? Fuck no!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!??!? ROFLROFLROFL

Tribal Warfare
06-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Wut?

I'll try to translate your post to English, but I don't see how this equates to your earlier post in this thread that "Charles almost ran for 2,000 yards in the last half of the season."

The way you blatantly make things up to try to make some sort of argument is absolutely hilarious.

How am I making up stuff?

-King-
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
How am I making up stuff?

2000 yards? http://i45.tinypic.com/t4thck.gif

Ebolapox
06-04-2010, 12:10 AM
ROFL

TW is kcnut with a bit better diction and less football knowledge.

Tribal Warfare
06-04-2010, 12:13 AM
2000 yards? http://i45.tinypic.com/t4thck.gif

1,120 yards in the last half, happy

-King-
06-04-2010, 12:21 AM
1,120 yards in the last half, happy

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jepmqc.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/34zd635.gif

Tribal Warfare
06-04-2010, 12:25 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2jepmqc.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/34zd635.gif

I checked, and it was fun!!!! :D

I did :facepalm: then ROFL, then :thumb: after confirmation

Von Dumbass
06-04-2010, 02:23 PM
When Tebow stepped under center, his first pass was a touchdown in the back corner of the end zone to Alric Arnett, drawing a big fist pump from Josh McDaniels.

His second pass was another touchdown connection with Arnett on the opposite side of the end zone, but the defensive backs on the sideline claimed it was offensive pass interference.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/arrington-harris-and-thomas-on-the-field/
So does Tebow :)

Tiger's Fan
06-04-2010, 02:44 PM
ROFL

TW is kcnut with a bit better diction and less football knowledge.

I see no better diction.

As I recall, TW is an educator of some sort? (shudders at the thought)

Mr. Laz
06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Matt Cassel really reminds me of this cock-sucking, rich kid, silver spoon a-hole that I went to high school with. We both played football and one day in the locker room, I busted his ass in the nose. He looks like Cassel and his face expressions remind me of him. More reason for me to hate him.
and i thought i had heard it all

you sir, are a fuggin retard.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Cassel Crisp...now with 50% more chocolate crossbars!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Well, if Josh Looney says so!

:facepalm:

Count Zarth
11-28-2010, 03:28 PM
GET OUT THE SPOONS AND MILK BITCHES

doomy3
11-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Reading back through this thread and TWs idiocy is great.