PDA

View Full Version : Environment Sarah Palin claims people misunderstood her when she said Drill Baby Drill

banyon
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Hilarious. This might be the nail in the coffin for 2012 in any primary.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIFWpekPOuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIFWpekPOuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

petegz28
06-03-2010, 07:07 PM
I think you should send Sarah Palin over to my place for a spanking!

mlyonsd
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Like she was ever going to run.

Funnier is the current president promoting drilling 10 days before the BP disaster. Of course the MSM failed to see the irony on that one.

petegz28
06-03-2010, 07:20 PM

Funnier is the current president promoting drilling 10 days before the BP disaster. Of course the MSM failed to see the irony on that one.

Bush made him do it

go bowe
06-03-2010, 11:12 PM

Funnier is the current president promoting drilling 10 days before the BP disaster. Of course the MSM failed to see the irony on that one.if i understood the video, sarah palin said drill baby drill offshore over and over, and then she claimed she meant drill onshore baby drill...

president obama hasn't suggested that he didn't say offshore drilling, afaik...

he probably thinks he made a mistake, which he did, by ok'g offshore drilling before his administration had reviewed the safety precautions in place and perhaps changed the regulations to require acoustic sensors and any other technology that offers more safety from catastrophic spills...

go bowe
06-03-2010, 11:14 PM

Funnier is the current president promoting drilling 10 days before the BP disaster. Of course the MSM failed to see the irony on that one.i don't know...

i'd like to see her run if only to see bill maher make fun of her...

maybe the tea party will nominate ron paul for president and sarah for vp...

stranger things have happened...

go bowe
06-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Bush made him do ityou might have something there...

Dallas Chief
06-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Hilarious. This might be the nail in the coffin for 2012 in any primary.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIFWpekPOuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EIFWpekPOuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jesus banyon! How can you lap this stuff up and still show your face around here? See see they are for offshore drilling too!!! What does that prove? Not a damn thing. How can you stomach the constant deflection- "Look there are some Neo-Cons over there saying something!!!":shake:

stevieray
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
. How can you stomach the constant deflection- "Look there are some Neo-Cons over there saying something!!!":shake:

it's so we won't focus on

SEIU
AFL/CIO
GE/SISCO
American Power Act
Puerto Rico
Financial Reform Bill
Acorn
Apollo Alliance
Joyce Foundation
Chicago Climate Exchange
Shore Bank
Jeff Jones/Bill Ayers
Joel Rodgers
Cass Sunstein
John Holden
Ron Bloom
Jim Wallace

etc, etc, etc.

Chiefshrink
06-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Jesus banyon! How can you lap this stuff up and still show your face around here? See see they are for offshore drilling too!!! What does that prove? Not a damn thing. How can you stomach the constant deflection- "Look there are some Neo-Cons over there saying something!!!":shake:

Agreed. The Progressive Marxists are soooooooooooooo desperate to have "anything" stick but nothing ever does whether it's the Tea Parties, AZ Illegal Immigration Law and now Offshore Oil drilling Sarah:rolleyes:

petegz28
06-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Somewhat in Palin's defense, she did say the word "safely" several times

banyon
06-04-2010, 05:00 PM

I didn't ignore it. Obama's support for this was an embarassment as well. But at least he didn't make some implausible denial of it afterwards.

Saul Good
06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I didn't ignore it. Obama's support for this was an embarassment as well. But at least he didn't make some implausible denial of it afterwards.

What did Lloyd Benson say about drilling? How about Geraldine Ferraro? As long as we are talking about failed VP candidates who no longer hold political office of any sort, let's run as much interference as possible.

bluehawkdoc
06-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Bush made him do it

It's true. Although he goes through the motions of playing cowboy at his Texas ranch by day, Bush is totally into special ops. He manipulates Obama and the stock market with his Jedi mind control. It is rumored that he not only sabotaged the BP oil rig single-handedly but also can dive to depths of 1 mile below the sea where he can thwart any attempts to stop the oil from leaking.

Legend has it that he hires and fires census workers by thousands. He also offers cabinet and other state positions in order to manipulate the upcoming congressional and senate races to his liking. He's been reportedly seen with Somali pirates and smuggles illegals across the border. Oh, and Robert Gibbs is his bitch.

vailpass
06-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Drill Baby Drill?
I've been wondering what to name the sequel to Nailin' Pailin.
Perfect!

RJ
06-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Drill Baby Drill?
Perfect!

:LOL:

banyon
06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
What did Lloyd Benson say about drilling? How about Geraldine Ferraro? As long as we are talking about failed VP candidates who no longer hold political office of any sort, let's run as much interference as possible.

I don't think Lloyd Bentsen is positioning himself for a campaign in 2012, that is unless he's going to do it as an undead zombie... then again with some of the candidates we get maybe its possible.

SNR
06-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh and he also blamed extreme environmentalists. I think what she's getting at with the "greenies" thing is that they work so hard to protect the land reserves and all that, so when oil companies want to drill, miles out at sea appears to be one of the only places they can go. Even drilling close to shore is no good, where at least we could safely send divers down to quickly fix the problem.

Not saying it's a great point or anything, but I think that's what she's getting at.

InChiefsHell
06-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Drill Baby Drill meant, Drill here, in America. We got oil all over this muthafucka. It can be done safely, and it can completely get us off the foreign oil tit. But the environazis have been against it.

The problem is shit happens. People don't like that. Don't know what to tell you.

I still say drill baby drill.

Jenson71
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh and he also blamed extreme environmentalists. I think what she's getting at with the "greenies" thing is that they work so hard to protect the land reserves and all that, so when oil companies want to drill, miles out at sea appears to be one of the only places they can go. Even drilling close to shore is no good, where at least we could safely send divers down to quickly fix the problem.

Not saying it's a great point or anything, but I think that's what she's getting at.

She (and most other Republicans) is still, as shown by the video, very much in favor of drilling at sea.

orange
06-04-2010, 08:38 PM

That may well be what they were trying to get at, but it's stupid nonetheless. They're drilling deepwater wells because they have to - that's where the untapped oil is. In the Gulf of Mexico, for example, the deepwater reserves are at least three times as much as the shallow reserves - and the shallow reserves are already being exploited. Also, the biggest deepwater fields are off the west coast of Africa where environmental regulations are miniscule, and off Brazil where there's a little bit more regulation, but nothing like the U.S.

They're just playing the "Blame the Left" game.

http://www.cinepad.com/images/biglie1.jpg

RJ
06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Why can't we all just accept the comedic value of Sarah Palin and move on? Why must this always be an argument?

Chiefshrink
06-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Why can't we all just accept the comedic value of Sarah Palin and move on? Why must this always be an argument?

Comedic value, uh? She gets Alinskyized every time she speaks in public.

Would you say there is even "more" comedic value in Pelosi,Reid,Gibbs, Holder, Napalotano, and even the Big O???

Chiefshrink
06-04-2010, 08:57 PM

You know it's ok support a common sense statement regardless of who it comes from.

Thx for the honesty here.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
06-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Drill Baby Drill meant, Drill here, in America. We got oil all over this mutha****a. It can be done safely, and it can completely get us off the foreign oil tit. But the environazis have been against it.

The problem is shit happens. People don't like that. Don't know what to tell you.

I still say drill baby drill.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

RJ
06-04-2010, 09:05 PM

Would you say there is even "more" comedic value in Pelosi,Reid,Gibbs, Holder, Napalotano, and even the Big O???

I don't know. Why did you put quotation marks around more?

BigRock
06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Drill Baby Drill?
Perfect!

http://www.tlavideo.com/raw-drill-baby-drill/p-293344-4
(nsfw)

ROYC75
06-05-2010, 12:34 PM

This, but the left doesn't care. We can drill safely without going miles out. But the left, the greenies want us farther out and leaving ourselves exposed to the problems from the depth of drilling that we are not ready to handle when disaster strikes.

ROYC75
06-05-2010, 12:38 PM

This, the left thinks it's OK when they speak, even if it's Pelosi and The Word. She hasn't a clue as to what " The Word " is. You have to pass the bill to see what's in it stuff.

banyon
06-05-2010, 12:58 PM
This, but the left doesn't care. We can drill safely without going miles out. But the left, the greenies want us farther out and leaving ourselves exposed to the problems from the depth of drilling that we are not ready to handle when disaster strikes.

This politically-based fantasy ignores the economic realities of the situation. We have already obtained most of the "easy" oil in the United States. The only reason these deep offshore rigs became profitable was due to the increases in the price of oil. It's not the left wing that wanted to go deep offshore, it's the oil companies. Why? Because that's where the friggin oil is!

As we look for harder and harder to find oil, the extraction price and the concomitant hazards are just going to increase. Many have touted natural gas and the huge find in Pennsylvania of the Marcellus Shale, but even it is not without its difficulties as we saw in some little covered news:

Marcellus shale well shoots gas into sky for hours
State to probe cause of accident in Clearfield County
Saturday, June 05, 2010
By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Natural gas and drilling fluids escaped for hours from an out-of-control Marcellus shale well in a remote area of Clearfield County before it was finally capped about noon Friday, prompting a state investigation to find out what went wrong.

The well, operated in Lawrence Township by EOG Resources, formerly known as Enron, stopped spraying about 16 hours after the company lost control of it while preparing to extract gas from hydrofractured shale on Thursday evening.

The well released natural gas 75 feet into the air and fracking fluid onto the ground.

No one was hurt, and there are no houses within a mile of the well, which is in northern Clearfield County, near Interstate 80.

But John Hanger, secretary of the state Department of Environmental Protection, said the incident was serious and could have been "catastrophic" to life and property in the area.

"When we arrived on scene, natural gas and frack fluid was flowing off the well pad and heading toward tributaries to Little Laurel Run and gas was shooting into the sky, creating a significant fire hazard," he said.

Emergency responders cut off electric service in the area, and the Federal Aviation Administration restricted the airspace above the well below 1,000 feet within a 3 nautical-mile radius. That restriction remained in effect until further notice, according to DEP.

The agency learned of the leak at about 1:30 a.m. Friday after being informed by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and said it immediately dispatched its emergency response team and its oil and gas staff to the site.

DEP spokesman Dan Spadoni said Friday that polluted water had not reached any waterways.

Mr. Hanger said his agency would "aggressively" investigate the incident "to see where things went wrong and what enforcement action is necessary."

A spokeswoman for EOG Resources said in an e-mail that a service rig operated by a contractor was in the final stages of completing the well when the "control issue" occurred.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10156/1063381-455.stm

That being said, we can see the rapidity and ease with which this incident is being controlled versus the BP spill.

cdcox
06-05-2010, 11:37 PM
What are all of these on shore places that are being protected, that if we were only to tap into would make all of our foreign energy dependence go away?

Best estimates are that ANWR would provide less that 5% of the US daily oil demand. What are the other on-shore reserves of economically viable oil that the enviro-Nazis are protecting?

BigChiefFan
06-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I've long thought Palin was a joke. I hope the Republicans aren't planning on hitching their cart to her horse. She's an embarrassment to the USA.

cardken
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
The only "drilling" as pertaining Palin includes a ball gag and lingerie.

Chiefshrink
06-06-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't know. Why did you put quotation marks around more?

Because Pelosi & crew are just naturally more stupid on their own thinking they are being smart(ala as Roy said "the word" speech) She couldn't say the phrase "Jesus's words", or use the Christian words 'scripture,Bible or God.

Because, well you know, that would offend her base ("the little Stalinists") who don't believe in God:rolleyes: So she thought she would be so-called clever in thinking she could use the phrase "The Word"(Bible) to maybe get the message across to the Christians in this country that 'she' understands them, while not offending her base.:shake:

You see the head leaders of the Left know their base is dumbed down and know they will fall in line with whatever, not ever knowing they are being played by their own leaders(known as "useful idiots" - a Marxist term used for those who do not think for themselves(SEIU,ACORN ect....) and let the Govt think for them thus they help push the "propaganda". Even moreso with the Christian community because they(Leaders of the Left) think the Christian community is more idiotic. So Pelosi thinks all she has to do is use the phrase "The Word" and the "the little peon stupid Christians will fall in line.:rolleyes:

However with the committed Christian community "actions speak louder than words" and that is all that has to be said. Yes they may not be quite as sophisticated and many live in the South and the Midwest(you know flyover country) but they are far more educated on the issues (Anti-American speak and actions) than 'your useful idiots' who choose to be "MORE STUPID" and "FUNNY".

Palin has to be manufactured by the Pravada press to be made to look stupid.

Chiefshrink
06-06-2010, 11:55 AM
I've long thought Palin was a joke. I hope the Republicans aren't planning on hitching their cart to her horse. She's an embarrassment to the USA.

Obama is the actual "TRUE EMBARASSMENT":rolleyes: