PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WPI sounds off on Matt Cassel.

Count Zarth
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Entertaining.

http://kan.scout.com/2/974628.html

The King of Pop Michael Jackson was best known for his astonishing stage presence and musical genius, not his football savvy. But his 1992 hit “Remember the Time” had me daydreaming about a time when the Chiefs had a legitimate franchise quarterback.

Pro Bowler Trent Green was running the helm as he led the Chiefs to their most productive offensive season in Kansas City history. It wasn’t always so lovely when we first met the journeyman quarterback Dick Vermeil assured us would be “Dangerous”.

Last season, Matt Cassel showed glimpses of staying power when Cassel put up 248 yards, 2 touchdowns, and no interceptions while leading the Chiefs to a victory over the reigning Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. Cassel and Chris Chambers took over the game twice, once to tie late in the 4th quarter, then again on a 61-yard catch-and-run to solidify the victory kick by Ryan Succup in overtime.

But Cassel had many “Bad” moments last season. Cassel threw 16 touchdowns but also threw 16 interceptions while putting the ball on the ground 14 times. After firing offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and scraping the playbook just weeks before the start of the regular season, these numbers could be the result of the entire offensive unit struggling to comprehend the playbook.

After the 2001 season, in which he led the NFL in interceptions, Green became Vermeil and offensive coordinator Al Saunders’ field general. The next few seasons, Trent became a “Thriller” to watch. Green dropped his interception total to 13, and in 2003 had the fourth fewest interceptions of all quarterbacks starting 16 games when he cashed his ticket to the Pro Bowl.

Cassel often made fans want to “Scream” last season for holding the ball too long, taking 42 sacks last season. Green initially had trouble reacting to defensive pressure as well, but once comfortable in the system, Green dropped his sack total to 26.

Too often last season he displayed, and again at last months OTAs, that he is capable of rallying the troops and being the vocal leader this team needs, especially in the two minute drill. Multiple times last season, often in losses, Cassel led his team down the field in five minute drives. Unfortunately, last season’s defense turned to Swiss cheese too many times, turning praise away from Cassel’s triumphs and drawing ire to the defense.

Scott Pioli has a lot riding on Cassel after trading a second round draft pick and signing him to a 60 million dollar, 5 year contract. He helped nurture his golden egg this offseason by bringing in explosive offensive weapons such as Thomas Jones and “Speed Demon” Dexter McCluster, and adding depth to an improving offensive line in Ryan Lilja and Casey Wiegmann.

Trent Green benefited from having a truly great offensive coordinator in Saunders. Adding Charlie Wies to the coaching staff gives the Chiefs some of the brightest offensive minds in football, which should translate to better numbers for Cassel.

Analyzing the play of Cassel will not always be “Black or White”, but if Cassel fails, the Pioli 5 (Pioli, Haley, Weis, Crennel Cassel) could be hearing Clark Hunt singing “Beat It”.

nychief
06-03-2010, 06:40 PM
um, who thought it was a good idea to make the MJ references?

-King-
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
um, who thought it was a good idea to make the MJ references?

This.

DA_T_84
06-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Notice there's no author listed, thus enticing us to click the link to see if it was Nick.

Tryin' to drive up the stats, ehhhh?

boogblaster
06-03-2010, 06:49 PM
im still not signin up

no love
06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
pointless .

pr_capone
06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Wow... I stopped reading after the second MJ reference.

Crush
06-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Wow... I stopped reading after the second MJ reference.

I stopped reading at WPI.

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 07:17 PM
There may not be a bigger MJ fan on this board than me and I couldn't even finish.

Sure-Oz
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
WPI LOL

Consistent1
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Haha.I would think the "Pioli 5" thing that he was setting up would be a hit with some on here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Seems to me they brought the hammer down on.....nothing.

listopencil
06-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, what a shitty article. Very poorly written.

BigRock
06-03-2010, 08:38 PM
But his 1992 hit “Remember the Time” had me daydreaming about a time when the Chiefs had a legitimate franchise quarterback.

Pro Bowler Trent Green was running the helm

A hit song in 1992 had him daydreaming about something that wouldn't happen for another 10 years?

CoMoChief
06-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Shit....give Cassel, Green's Oline and even he would just about make the Pro Bowl.

Brock
06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I think Nick should "take too many pills" and "slip into a coma" and "never wake up".

Shag
06-03-2010, 08:46 PM
After firing offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and scraping the playbook...

Nice editing...

Marcellus
06-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Shit....give Cassel, Green's Oline and even he would just about make the Pro Bowl.

He "just about" did it in 2008 without Green's line.

InChiefsHell
06-03-2010, 09:00 PM
OK, that was just..."Bad". HA! Get it? See what I did there??

Shaid
06-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Why do I always think "toilet paper" every time I see WPI?

Count Zarth
06-03-2010, 10:26 PM

Cus it's so awesome you crap yo pants!

Baby Lee
06-04-2010, 07:16 AM

Cause it's 3/4 wipe?

RockChalk
06-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Wow, what a shitty article. Very poorly written.

This. No offense to the author, but this is crap that would be found in a low-budget high school paper. People actually pay for this stuff?

Huffman83
06-04-2010, 08:01 AM
That was more gay than this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q54LJ5RsqRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q54LJ5RsqRw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

GoHuge
06-04-2010, 08:11 AM
This is stupid bad even for WPI. I'll double down on the stupid bad for GoChiefs saying "entertaining."

Another self inflicted wound.

burt
06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
spam........ shitty spam.......

stumppy
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
I know better than to click on one of these WPI space fillers.

burt
06-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I know better than to click on one of these WPI space fillers.

but doesn't it chaff you that Goqueer keeps spewing this garbage?

Phobia
06-04-2010, 10:52 AM
but doesn't it chaff you that Goqueer keeps spewing this garbage?

He no longer works for WPI. The purpose of this thread was to demonstrate how unbelievably awful the place has become since he departed. While he was editing, this particular piece would have been buried and never been published.

stumppy
06-04-2010, 10:56 AM
He no longer works for WPI. The purpose of this thread was to demonstrate how unbelievably awful the place has become since he departed. While he was editing, this particular piece would have been buried and never been published.

How true, theres no way goatboy or his co-editor/wife Angelina Jolee would have published this crap.

burt
06-04-2010, 10:57 AM

sorry. I saw Goqueer + WPI and came up with = more shitty stuff.

Detoxing
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Wow. I learned so much from reading that. My life has changed forever.

Fried Meat Ball!
06-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Wow that was a turd.

stumppy
06-04-2010, 11:08 AM
sorry. I saw Goqueer + WPI and came up with = more shitty stuff.

And you are 100% correct. In fact, if you check the Vegas odds on your calculation you'll see they pay about 8 to 1 against.

HemiEd
06-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Cassel often made fans want to “Scream” last season for holding the ball too long, taking 42 sacks last season. Green initially had trouble reacting to defensive pressure as well, but once comfortable in the system, Green dropped his sack total to 26.

Too often last season he displayed, and again at last months OTAs, that he is capable of rallying the troops and being the vocal leader this team needs, especially in the two minute drill. Multiple times last season, often in losses, Cassel led his team down the field in five minute drives. Unfortunately, last season’s defense turned to Swiss cheese too many times, turning praise away from Cassel’s triumphs and drawing ire to the defense.

I am sorry, that is just the worst writing ever. Couldn't they substitute 09, or last year, or Cassel's first year as a Chief? Anything but repeating it that many times, gawd.

I couldn't read any further, and may have missed a few repeats of LAST SEASON. Hope nobody had to pay anything for that article.

Hog Farmer
06-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Green had a damn good O-Line . When Roaf and Shields retired it took all of one game before his career ended.

This articled sucked dead donkey dicks!

salame
06-04-2010, 03:50 PM
wpi is super mega gay

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-04-2010, 04:44 PM
A) Who wrote this POS?

B) You're no longer affiliated, Brah; let it go. Let it go.

BossChief
06-04-2010, 05:10 PM

yes, this

BarrySPAMAID
06-05-2010, 06:31 AM
this thread cracks me up!!!!!

RNR
06-05-2010, 07:27 AM

It really does not seem much different than the crap posted when he worked there. I still get a chuckle out of the Favre article saying that the Chiefs would win the West and much more if they signed him~

notorious
06-05-2010, 07:38 AM
This.

That.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
That.

And the other.