PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Ray Stevens on Immigration

btlook1
06-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Some may not find it funny...but it pretty much says it like it is....and no I don't know how to embede or going to at least try.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgOHOHKBEqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgOHOHKBEqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

AustinChief
06-04-2010, 04:35 AM
So far, listened to about half the song and I agree with the content... BUT maybe I take a different meaning from it... I revel in the fact that the USA doesn't have the draconian measures that other piss ignorant nations have against immigration... it's one of our strengths. Ray does a good job pointing out how intolerant other nations are... I LIKE the fact that we AREN'T them... let's celebrate that fact. God help us if we become like them.

...and I have probably ruined this thread and expedited its move to the DC forum...

:D

mikey23545
06-04-2010, 05:24 AM
So far, listened to about half the song and I agree with the content... BUT maybe I take a different meaning from it... I revel in the fact that the USA doesn't have the draconian measures that other piss ignorant nations have against immigration... it's one of our strengths. Ray does a good job pointing out how intolerant other nations are... I LIKE the fact that we AREN'T them... let's celebrate that fact. God help us if we become like them.

...and I have probably ruined this thread and expedited its move to the DC forum...

:D

Are you drunk and just haven't been to bed yet, or just stupid?

Enforcing our own laws would be "draconian"?

AustinChief
06-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Are you drunk and just haven't been to bed yet, or just stupid?

Enforcing our own laws would be "draconian"?

The problem is that we don't enforce our laws on either side of this coin... Right now everyone wants us to enforce the laws regarding "illegals" yet do you have any IDEA how ass backwards we are on LEGAL immigration... if we could get our head's out of our asses on THAT front.. the whole "illegal" issue would be an easy fix.

If we fix our LEGAL immigration issues... I am all for a "shoot on site" policy for illegal immigration... not at all joking..

...but once you have dealt with US immigration policy... I would find it hard to imagine you wouldn't agree with me on what a complete nightmare our govt has created for itself.

We have no one to blame but ourselves here... it's time we start voting to get this fixed THE RIGHT WAY.

AustinChief
06-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Again, I don't normally weigh in on this because it is an EXTREMELY complex issue that is almost impossible to clearly articulate via a BBS. To accurately portray my true opinion would probably take 4 to 5 pages of posts and I'm just not up to that level of effort here.

King_Chief_Fan
06-04-2010, 07:12 AM
The problem is that we don't enforce our laws on either side of this coin... Right now everyone wants us to enforce the laws regarding "illegals" yet do you have any IDEA how ass backwards we are on LEGAL immigration... if we could get our head's out of our asses on THAT front.. the whole "illegal" issue would be an easy fix.

If we fix our LEGAL immigration issues... I am all for a "shoot on site" policy for illegal immigration... not at all joking..

...but once you have dealt with US immigration policy... I would find it hard to imagine you wouldn't agree with me on what a complete nightmare our govt has created for itself.

We have no one to blame but ourselves here... it's time we start voting to get this fixed THE RIGHT WAY.

I would be interested in how you would fix this problem.

We have policy, procedures and rules to enter this country legally.

Detoxing
06-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Take this shit to DC

MOhillbilly
06-04-2010, 10:32 AM
JIM STAFFORDS GOT A BRAND NEW SHOW CALL 3-3-5-8-0-8-0.

(GUN TO HEAD, I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS COMMERCIAL)

nychief
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
' With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

gblowfish
06-04-2010, 11:11 AM
"Put Drug Prisoners to work digging moats and planting land mines."
Sincerely,
Old Rich White People in Arizona

Cave Johnson
06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah, but what is Yakov Smirnoff's take on the issue?

MOhillbilly
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
"Put Drug Prisoners to work digging moats and planting land mines."
Sincerely,
Old Rich White People in Arizona

obligatory 14 words.

ElGringo
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't normally weigh in on anything slightly political, but would like to second the idea of fixing the legal immigration issues first. As an example, I married a Mexican woman who has family that is in the states legally right now as well. I can not bring my wife to the states to visit my family because she is married to an American citizen and has family in the states. They would like us to apply for a green card which would cost more than twice as much, and we still don't qualify for as I don't live or work in the United States. If we wanted to take her to the states legally, we could do it with half the trouble and half the cost, and after twice of following the rules, and just throwing money away, I am seriously considering not following the rules just to take my wife to the states for 2 weeks.