PDA

View Full Version : Economics Did I hear right? GM gives Galarraga a Corvette?

mlyonsd
06-04-2010, 08:13 AM
WTF?

Brainiac
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Sounds like a pretty good PR move to me.

Everyone was furious about this when it happened. But since JJ manned up and admitted he blew the call, and Gallaraga was incredibly gracious about it, now it's a feel-good story.

mlyonsd
06-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Sounds like a pretty good PR move to me.

Everyone was furious about this when it happened. But since JJ manned up and admitted he blew the call, and Gallaraga was incredibly gracious about it, now it's a feel-good story.

Until they've completely paid me back they can stop giving away free chit.

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Until they've completely paid me back they can stop giving away free chit.

Yea, but still, must be nice. Wish I could fuck up on the job in an epic fashion and get a Corvette for being very apologetic.

alnorth
06-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Yea, but still, must be nice. Wish I could **** up on the job in an epic fashion and get a Corvette for being very apologetic.

The umpire didn't get a Corvette

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
The umpire didn't get a Corvette

Ah, not a baseball fan.
The pitcher got the Vette then.
Makes a little more sense but still, fuck’im. Let him buy his own Vette.

2bikemike
06-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Ah, not a baseball fan.
Makes a little more sense but still, ****’im. Let him buy his own Vette.

Thats the thing about the rich and famous, they get free stuff all the time, meals, vehicles, vacations etc. They are the ones that can most afford it yet they're comped all the time.

Rain Man
06-04-2010, 09:02 AM
technically, the taxpayers gave him a corvette.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brainiac
06-04-2010, 09:10 AM
So Galarraga gets screwed out of a perfect game, is a much better sport about it than 99.99% of the populuation would be, and the haters around here say "f#ck him, let him buy his own corvette" and bitch about "the rich and famous getting free stuff all the time".

Some of you guys need to lighten the f#ck up.

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
So Galarraga gets screwed out of a perfect game, is a much better sport about it than 99.99% of the populuation would be, and the haters around here say "f#ck him, let him buy his own corvette" and bitch about "the rich and famous getting free stuff all the time".

Some of you guys need to lighten the f#ck up.

Lighten up? If you haven’t noticed I didn’t even give it enough thought to know who the guy is, regardless getting fucked by the umps is part of the game that he gets pretty fairly compensated for.
And I still say, “fuck’im, let him buy his own Vette.”

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I’ll tell you what though, if he had been given a Ford Mustang instead I would give even less of a shit than I do now. Any guesses as to why?

Brainiac
06-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I’ll tell you what though, if he had been given a Ford Mustang instead I would give even less of a shit than I do now. Any guesses as to why?
Because you hate America? :p

Brock
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Get over it.

Detoxing
06-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I thought it was a local Car Dealership that gave him the Vette, not GM

ClevelandBronco
06-04-2010, 10:51 AM
I thought it was a local Car Dealership that gave him the Vette, not GM

I'm seeing that it was GM, and not a local dealership. It makes sense. He plays for Detroit.

alnorth
06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Ah, not a baseball fan.
Makes a little more sense but still, ****’im. Let him buy his own Vette.

Not that it necessarily justifies giving or not giving him the Corvette, but I don't think you grasp the enormity of what was stolen away from him. There have been 20 perfect games.... ever. As in, since the 1880's when baseball was first played, literally more than 200,000 baseball games, only 20 perfect games. Anyone who ever throws one is immortalized and set for life via endorsements and memorabilia no matter what they do later. It's one of the rarest and most amazing things in all of human sports in the world, everyone just saw him throw the 21st perfect game in modern history but it wont count because the ump blew a call.

I don't know if GM should be giving cars away under any circumstance or not, but if anyone in baseball deserves a free car it is this guy.

RJ
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Good and cheap PR for GM. Makes sense to me.

googlegoogle
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Would be awesome if same umpire stole his new car.

RJ
06-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Would be awesome if same umpire stole his new car.

Or put a big-assed dent in it at the grocery store parking lot.

HonestChieffan
06-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Baseball has sucked ever since the strike and no World Series.