PDA

View Full Version : Poop Man with Liver transplant gets DWI

Hog Farmer
06-04-2010, 04:01 PM
Crime & Courts
NY liver transplant recipient guilty of drunken driving, alcohol level 7 times legal limit

Published June 04, 2010
| Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) A New York man who received a liver transplant in January has pleaded guilty to driving drunk when he hit a pedestrian less than three months later.

Prosecutors say Gurninderjit Thandi's (gur-NIN'-der-jeet TAHN'-dees) blood-alcohol level was 0.56 percent, seven times the legal limit for driving. They say he hit a man, two parked cars and a moving vehicle.

The 32-year-old from the Buffalo suburb of Cheektowaga (cheek-tuh-WAH'-guh) pleaded guilty in Erie County Court on Friday to aggravated drunken driving, aggravated unlicensed driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

The pedestrian wasn't badly hurt.

Thandi has two previous convictions for driving while intoxicated. He could get up to seven years in prison at his August sentencing.

Alcohol abuse can lead to chronic liver disease.

Pants
06-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Nice to see that a liver which could have saved a worthwhile life will now get wasted on a douchebag serving a 7 year sentence.

jspchief
06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Easy sentence... take liver back.

Gonzo
06-04-2010, 04:05 PM
You have to exercise it, just like any other muscle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
.56? half a % alchohol? Holy shit.

I don't even understand how you do that.

KC native
06-04-2010, 04:51 PM
32 and already had a liver transplant and now a .56 BAC?

RJ
06-04-2010, 04:54 PM

Actually, the article doesn't indicate that his liver transplant had anything to do with alcohol.

Just saying.

HC_Chief
06-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Easy sentence... take liver back.

we have a winnah!

Demonpenz
06-04-2010, 05:14 PM
this is why I am against donating organs.

Anal.Fissure
06-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I wish i can get a new anus

RJ
06-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey look, a new anus!!

KC native
06-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Actually, the article doesn't indicate that his liver transplant had anything to do with alcohol.

Just saying.

Yes, I know but someone who can still function at a .56 BAC is obviously a professional alcoholic.

Rain Man
06-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I bet he tries to blame the donor.

Psyko Tek
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
he was just trying to break it in

jspchief
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM

Just saying.Yea, but drinking yourself to .56 on someone else's liver excludes you from getting the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm judgmental like that.

RJ
06-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Yea, but drinking yourself to .56 on someone else's liver excludes you from getting the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm judgmental like that.

Not that I actually care or anything, but for the sake of argument....people who get organ transplants can still contract other diseases, die in automobile accidents, commit suicide, rob, steal, rape, drink alcohol, abuse drugs......I'm not sure it's logical to be extra judgmental about folks who get organs donated to them. A liver donation doesn't change someone's morals or make them smarter or less prone to alcoholism.

Ebolapox
06-04-2010, 07:37 PM
yeah, take the liver away.

jspchief
06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Not that I actually care or anything, but for the sake of argument....people who get organ transplants can still contract other diseases, die in automobile accidents, commit suicide, rob, steal, rape, drink alcohol, abuse drugs......I'm not sure it's logical to be extra judgmental about folks who get organs donated to them. A liver donation doesn't change someone's morals or make them smarter or less prone to alcoholism.I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't get a liver transplant if you're known to still be drinking.

And yes, if someone else donated one of their organs to save your life, I expect you to appreciate it enough to not destroy that organ with your vices.

Dude got a second chance at life that others will die still waiting on a list for.

RJ
06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't get a liver transplant if you're known to still be drinking.

And yes, if someone else donated one of their organs to save your life, I expect you to appreciate it enough to not destroy that organ with your vices.

Dude got a second chance at life that others will die still waiting on a list for.

That was my point.....he may not have received the transplant due to cirrhosis. There are plenty of other liver diseases. The article doesn't say. Really, I'm not taking up for the guy, just pointing out that the collective thread is making assumptions. I wouldn't have pointed it out if I hadn't been bored.

BWillie
06-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I don't understand how you can be alive and conscious at anything above .3, yet alone .56.

Chiefs Rool
06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't understand how you can be alive and conscious at anything above .3, yet alone .56.

tolerance

HoneyBadger
06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
He must have got a defective liver, one that cannot process alcohol well. He should ask for a refund.

Rain Man
06-04-2010, 08:46 PM
if your name is gurniinderjit and you're from cheektowaga, maybe you're driven to drink by filling out forms with your name and address.
Posted via Mobile Device

MIAdragon
06-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Just saying.

LMFAO

CosmicPal
06-04-2010, 09:22 PM
So, was he going awfully slow since the pedestrian wasn't badly hurt? Not sure what they mean by "badly" but maybe he just ran over the poor guy's foot? :shrug:

Param
06-04-2010, 09:27 PM

give the man another liver! Two isn't enough!

RedNeckRaider
06-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Now that is determination, got to admire that. Maybe he is not that good at many things and does not want to quit something he is good at~