PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Predator Drones on Border.

HonestChieffan
06-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Now this is a positive. I wonder if Obama even knew. Turn the border into a video game/reality and maybe they will stop entering illegally. Lock and Load.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/PredatorBDrone.jpg

The Hill — Predator B aerial drones, which have proved successful fighting insurgents in Afghanistan, were deployed this week along the border between Texas and Mexico.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection began flying unmanned surveillance missions along the Mexican border on Tuesday, according to congressional sources briefed on the matter.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas), who was instrumental to pushing the issue in the Senate, applauded the news Friday.

“The beginning of UAV flights over the west-Texas portion of our border with Mexico marks an important advancement for border security in our state,” she said in reference to the unmanned aerial vehicles, which have been used by the military to survey the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

“We are working hard to make round-the-clock aerial surveillance the standard for all 2,000 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border, and I hope this development is the first of many steps to bring our border detection and security efforts into the 21st century,” Hutchison added.

Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democrat from south Texas, has also praised the deployment of droves.

“By putting eyes in the sky along the Rio Grande, we will gather real-time intelligence on the ground to augment the good work of federal, state and local law enforcement on the border,” he said in a statement

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/101449-predator-b-drones-deployed-on-texas-mexico-border

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2010, 10:14 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcW_Ygs6hm0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wcW_Ygs6hm0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chiefs Rool
06-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I wonder how the hunting is down there at this time of year.

HoneyBadger
06-05-2010, 02:03 AM
Bombs away.

AustinChief
06-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Now this is a positive. I wonder if Obama even knew. Turn the border into a video game/reality and maybe they will stop entering illegally. Lock and Load.

The Hill — Predator B aerial drones, which have proved successful fighting insurgents in Afghanistan, were deployed this week along the border between Texas and Mexico.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection began flying unmanned surveillance missions along the Mexican border on Tuesday, according to congressional sources briefed on the matter.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas), who was instrumental to pushing the issue in the Senate, applauded the news Friday.

“The beginning of UAV flights over the west-Texas portion of our border with Mexico marks an important advancement for border security in our state,” she said in reference to the unmanned aerial vehicles, which have been used by the military to survey the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

“We are working hard to make round-the-clock aerial surveillance the standard for all 2,000 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border, and I hope this development is the first of many steps to bring our border detection and security efforts into the 21st century,” Hutchison added.

Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democrat from south Texas, has also praised the deployment of droves.

“By putting eyes in the sky along the Rio Grande, we will gather real-time intelligence on the ground to augment the good work of federal, state and local law enforcement on the border,” he said in a statement

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/101449-predator-b-drones-deployed-on-texas-mexico-border

I have NO PROBLEM with drones on the border.. BUT if CUNT Baily Hutchinson is involved.. it's probably a bad idea... SHE IS A WORTHLESS WASTE OF MY GOD DAMNED OXYGEN... I don't care your political views.. if you side with her.. you are WRONG. END OF STORY.. she is AL GORE style evil... so.. I would love to see those that agree with that worthless piece of dung... because she is everything WRONG with American politics.

banyon
06-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Are these outfitted with weaponry or just surveillance cameras?

KC native
06-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Are these outfitted with weaponry or just surveillance cameras?

Just surveillance cameras. They're stripped down versions of what the military uses. IIRC they've been using these along the Arizona border long before them starting using them in Texas.

2bikemike
06-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I am not so sure how effective a Predator drone can be on the border. Unless you have someone on the ground nearby who can respond quickly they will only be counting the folks sneaking across.

banyon
06-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I am not so sure how effective a Predator drone can be on the border. Unless you have someone on the ground nearby who can respond quickly they will only be counting the folks sneaking across.

Not to mention the intricate tunnel systems. Do we have seismic/geologic type surveillance?

2bikemike
06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Not to mention the intricate tunnel systems. Do we have seismic/geologic type surveillance?

Yes there are seismic sensors planted around the border in certain areas. There are all sorts of weapons for the BP to use to help detect but the problem is the vast area. All they typically end up doing is re-routing the illegals.

KC native
06-06-2010, 07:20 PM

They're actually pretty effective. It can monitor greater areas so the actual BP agents only go where they need to go. Costs to run it are minimal and the ability to identify and and follow something while waiting for BP agents is a great ability.

BigChiefFan
06-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Remember the Alamo.