PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Advice on NL team

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not a huge baseball fan. Don't get me wrong, I like it, go to several games yearly, and enjoy the ease of it. But ultimately it's just a placeholder in my life between other sports I'm more passionate about.

As I recently posted, I'm moving away from KC to Texas. I'm not giving up my Royals fandom, but after I shell out DTV buck for other sports, chances are that I could never see the Royals on TV.

So I was thinking of finding an NL team to root for. Here's where I'm at with it. Maybe we can have a tournament to select a winner.

Initial thoughts;

No Cards (anti St Louis)
Cubs? Maybe, though I'd oddly feel I was jumping on a bandwagon.
Astros? In the same state, don't know much about them, except their ace is demanding a trade.
Brewers? Young, seem to be fun. But in the long run am I really solving my "won't see 'em on TV" dilemma?
Giants? Decent pitching, love the stadium.
Dodgers? I dunno...
Colorado? Hate the Avs and Donks, so it could be weird.

Any other thoughts?
Anyone wanna make an argument one way or another?

Frazod
06-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Get over your anti-St. Louis bias. Root for Cardinals.

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:04 PM

Can't do it. Won't even drink Budweiser. It's in my heart.

Frazod
06-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Can't do it. Won't even drink Budweiser. It's in my heart.

I don't drink Budweiser because it sucks. The Cards do not suck. In fact, they've won more championships than all the other teams on that list combined.

kysirsoze
06-06-2010, 02:10 PM

The annual pain and national pity bandwagon??

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't drink Budweiser because it sucks. The Cards do not suck. In fact, they've won more championships than all the other teams on that list combined.

Shouldn't you wait till I pick a team before you start talking trash?

ROFL

I'm actually specifically not using winning (right now) as a main criteria. Don't want to be a bandwagon guy. But my hate for St Louis runs deep.

kysirsoze
06-06-2010, 02:13 PM

And I was gonna say 'this' but I guess it's really not an option for you. I used to share your STL hate but being removed from MO now, I find myself rooting for pretty much all teams from MO.

I'm even a KU fan that roots for MU. (Except for when they're playing each other.)

Frazod
06-06-2010, 02:15 PM

ROFL

I'm actually specifically not using winning (right now) as a main criteria. Don't want to be a bandwagon guy. But my hate for St Louis runs deep.

That wasn't trash - it was just a fact.

You should listen to kysirsoze - once you move out of Missouri, it will be easier to root for all Missouri teams.

ChiefsCountry
06-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Astros or Cubs would be your best bet to watch games for free on tv.

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:16 PM
The annual pain and national pity bandwagon??

It felt odd to say, for sure.
But it's like Notre Dame. It's a national bandwagon.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 02:17 PM

ROFL

Well, if winning isn't a criteria, and I applaud you for that, then I think you have to go Astros, considering you'll be living what, an hour or two from there? Gonna be on TV whether you like them or not.

If you're not going to see Royals games, then why pick a NL team who's games you won't see either?

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Astros or Cubs would be your best bet to watch games for free on tv.

Yeah, Cubs are probably the next best bet, especially with your "winning's not a criteria" stance.

They'll never win anything, and games on WGN.

Sounds like a fit as well.

Then again, can you handle rooting for THREE teams that can't get the job done - win, or come close to a Championship?

I mean, Jesus. Don't torture yourself.

Frazod
06-06-2010, 02:24 PM
When you're listening to a bunch of Asstros fans rip on St. Louis, and then expand it to Missouri in general, you'll find it easier to root for the Cardinals than you might think.

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:29 PM
When you're listening to a bunch of Asstros fans rip on St. Louis, and then expand it to Missouri in general, you'll find it easier to root for the Cardinals than you might think.

Funny thing is, the people I've met in Texas have no idea what or where KC is. I was bitching about a national steakhouse chain they had just got one of, and I mentioned their prime rib tasted like hot dogs...
... A very "Texas" lady said, "it probably has to do with the beef y'all got up there."

Yes... It's bad beef... In Kansas City...

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, Cubs are probably the next best bet, especially with your "winning's not a criteria" stance.

Then again, can you handle rooting for THREE teams that can't get the job done - win, or come close to a Championship?

I mean, Jesus. Don't torture yourself.

ROFL
I've always got the Red Wings.

Frazod
06-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Funny thing is, the people I've met in Texas have no idea what or where KC is. I was bitching about a national steakhouse chain they had just got one of, and I mentioned their prime rib tasted like hot dogs...
... A very "Texas" lady said, "it probably has to do with the beef y'all got up there."

When you're surrounded by people like that 24/7, it will annoy the hell out of you. Trust me on that.

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
When you're surrounded by people like that 24/7, it will annoy the hell out of you. Trust me on that.

I've already decided I'm going to be the most obnoxious MU/KC fan ever. House flags, bumper stickers, daily wear, etc.

Brainiac
06-06-2010, 02:35 PM
If you're moving to Houston, why not root for the local team?

If you're moving to some other city, why not root for the Texas Rangers?

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 02:35 PM

I spent most of my summers growing up in various parts of Texas, and from what I've gathered is that for the most part, people there have no idea there are other states.

I've had a similar exchange with folks down there before.

"Where y'all from?"

"St. Louis."

*puzzled look*

"Where's that?"

IMO, a citizen of this country should have NO problem knowing where the 50 largest media markets reside.

"Charlotte? I've dated a girl named Charlotte."

"Oh, you mean there's a city named Charlotte?"

chief52
06-06-2010, 02:40 PM

No, the Cardinals have not won more championships than all the other teams on that list combined. Nice try...

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:40 PM
If you're moving to Houston, why not root for the local team?

If you're moving to some other city, why not root for the Texas Rangers?

Not moving to Houston.
Specifically looking for an NL team, which the Rangers are not.

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm with you on the anti Cards and yes I've lived outside of Missouri and no,never cheered for the Cards.My hatred for them stems from my college days almost 30 years ago and I've cheered for the Cubbies since.

Notable reasons to cheer for the Cubs

1.Even living in Texas you'll see games on WGN
2.Fans are everywhere,hell the Cubs are playing the Astros today on WGN and there are Cub fans all throughout the stadium.
3.Losers or not the fans are loyal,fun,and just overall awesome and Wrigley/Wrigleyville is the promised land of baseball and partying.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/david_vecsey/08/21/cubs_fans/p1_cub_fan_all.jpg

http://www.thecubsbrickyard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/cubs-fans.jpg

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Jen-Sterger-Cubs.jpg

http://www.customauthenticjerseys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hot-cubs-fan.jpg

chief52
06-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I say you go with the Astros. In state so more coverage. They are at the bottom right now so no one will be able to call you a front runner :) They got no where to go but up!

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 02:49 PM
No, the Cardinals have not won more championships than all the other teams on that list combined. Nice try...

Depends on your view on the Giants and Dodgers.

The Giants didn't win any of their 5 Championships in San Francisco, and The Dodgers won one of theirs in Brooklyn.

Even if you count them all, oh noes, he was off a whopping 3 titles (13-10) over a list of 6 teams.

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 02:49 PM

I was curious about that myself but too damn lazy to look it up.

kysirsoze
06-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I spent most of my summers growing up in various parts of Texas, and from what I've gathered is that for the most part, people there have no idea there are other states.

"Where y'all from?"

"St. Louis."

*puzzled look*

"Where's that?"

IMO, a citizen of this country should have NO problem knowing where the 50 largest media markets reside.

If I was talking to someone who didn't know what St. Louis was, I think that would be the end of the conversation. That is an unacceptable level of ignorance for anyone living in America.

Hell, I live in LA and I don't think I've met anyone who didn't know what KC was. Of course they typically think it's in Kansas, but that's a mix up I can understand.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I was curious about that myself but too damn lazy to look it up.

See my above post.

Cards - 10

Dodgers - 6 (1 in Brooklyn)

Giants - 5 (none in San Francisco)

Cubs - 2 (easy to forget, unless you're 130 years old LMAO)

Mr. Arrowhead
06-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I kind of root for the Dodgers and the Braves in the NL. The Braves because i just remember rooting for them cause their games were always on TBS when i was a kid, and I root for the Dodgers cause my Wife likes them for some reason and also they have one of my fav. college Baseball player in Casey Blake.

Sully
06-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Point: Cubs

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 02:54 PM
If I was talking to someone who didn't know what St. Louis was, I think that would be the end of the conversation. That is an unacceptable level of ignorance for anyone living in America.

Hell, I live in LA and I don't think I've met anyone who didn't know what KC was. Of course they typically think it's in Kansas, but that's a mix up I can understand.

It's happened more than once, and in all fairness, in states other than Texas.

chief52
06-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Depends on your view on the Giants and Dodgers.

The Giants didn't win any of their 5 Championships in San Francisco, and The Dodgers won one of theirs in Brooklyn.

Even if you count them all, oh noes, he was off a whopping 3 titles (13-10) over a list of 6 teams.

I would say 13 is more than 10, so the Cards have not won more than the others combined. That is all I said. If you count W.S. appearances the Dodgers alone have more than the Cardinals.

teedubya
06-06-2010, 03:00 PM
There is still hope for Sully. His only glaring flaw now, is that Mizzou thing...

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I would say 13 is more than 10, so the Cards have not won more than the others combined. That is all I said. If you count W.S. appearances the Dodgers alone have more than the Cardinals.

Just making a point. Some don't consider championships won in a different city. Some do. If I were a Giants fan I personally wouldn't be all excited bragging about a championship they won in a city 3000 miles away.

Obviously you have a bone to pick, or you wouldn't have even challenged it, nor added the blurb about WS appearances - which had nothing to do with the conversation.

Personally, I could care less. I'm pretty happy with our 10, all won as St. Louis Cardinals.

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Personally, I could care less. I'm pretty happy with our 10, all won as St. Louis Cardinals.

I'm extremely happy with KC's one lone Championship.

chief52
06-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Just making a point. Some don't consider championships won in a different city. Some do. If I were a Giants fan I personally wouldn't be all excited bragging about a championship they won in a city 3000 miles away.

Obviously you have a bone to pick, or you wouldn't have even challenged it, nor added the blurb about WS appearances - which had nothing to do with the conversation.

Relax warpath...absolutely no bones to pick. There was a statement made. It did not sound right to me so I looked it up. No, it was not right.

I follow baseball. Not sure where the animosity is coming from. How could I have worded it any nicer?

OnTheWarpath58
I'm extremely happy with KC's one lone Championship.

Are you still talking baseball?

Either way, both were done as either the Kansas City Chiefs, or the Kansas City Royals.

Just a hypothetical question to gauge thoughts on this:

Suppose the Chiefs only SB win happened as the LA Chiefs. Then they moved to KC and you became a fan.

Would you still be proud of it? Would you brag about it? Would you even give it a second thought?

BigRedChief

I mean, Jesus. Don't torture yourself.Check your pm's dude.

Reaper16
06-06-2010, 03:20 PM
If I were to root for an NL team then I would root for the Brewers - because of the name - or the Cubs - because they hate the Cardinals.

ChiefsCountry
06-06-2010, 03:20 PM

Either way, both were done as either the Kansas City Chiefs, or the Kansas City Royals.

Suppose the Chiefs only SB win happened as the LA Chiefs. Then they moved to KC and you became a fan.

Would you still be proud of it? Would you brag about it? Would you even give it a second thought?

That 1962 AFL Championship is still nice to claim.

pr_capone
06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
you want a team to get into?

The Braves.

why?

The have the next Albert Pooholes, Griffey Jr, Hank Aaron all wrapped into one on the roster. Jason Heyward. They also have the NL leading hitter in Martin Prado. They are an exciting team to watch.

If you start watching him now you will be one of the people who got to say that they watched his entire, and likely record setting, career. That said, its a good team who is on a smoking hot streak at the moment.

teedubya
06-06-2010, 03:23 PM
I like the Brewers, because of their OLD school logo... they SOOO need to go back to this one.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2rTR2Dls5Yg/SMKxw5SA5NI/AAAAAAAABMs/4L9kEKIa5G0/s400/brewers+logo+classic.bmp

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:24 PM
That 1962 AFL Championship is still nice to claim.

I'm not one of those people that got all pissy about using the Texans uni and logos last year, but personally, I don't even consider it.

They weren't Chiefs, and they weren't from KC.

But that's just me.

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 03:26 PM

I'm still talking baseball in that it may be only 1 Championship but it couldn't have been any better than coming against a hated rival.

BigRedChief
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm not a huge baseball fan. Don't get me wrong, I like it, go to several games yearly, and enjoy the ease of it. But ultimately it's just a placeholder in my life between other sports I'm more passionate about.

As I recently posted, I'm moving away from KC to Texas. I'm not giving up my Royals fandom, but after I shell out DTV buck for other sports, chances are that I could never see the Royals on TV.

So I was thinking of finding an NL team to root for. Here's where I'm at with it. Maybe we can have a tournament to select a winner.

Initial thoughts;

No Cards (anti St Louis)
Astros? In the same state, don't know much about them, except their ace is demanding a trade.
Brewers? Young, seem to be fun. But in the long run am I really solving my "won't see 'em on TV" dilemma?
Dodgers? I dunno...

Any other thoughts?
Anyone wanna make an argument one way or another?I could never root for another team. As you know, I'm moving to Tampa. Right now they are one of the best teams in baseball. Could get easy, cheap and great seats to all the games. It never entered my mind to switch teams. How someone can switch being a fan of one team for another team is beyond my abilities. For better or worse my teams are set. I shall never, ever cheer another.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I like the Brewers, because of their OLD school logo... they SOOO need to go back to this one.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2rTR2Dls5Yg/SMKxw5SA5NI/AAAAAAAABMs/4L9kEKIa5G0/s400/brewers+logo+classic.bmp

Still one of my faves. Rep to anyone that can explain the logo without using the interwebs for help.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/66/full/w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.gif

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Check your pm's dude.

I've been checking since you posted this, and haven't received anything.

chief52
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Still one of my faves. Rep to anyone that can explain the logo without using the interwebs for help.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/54/66/full/w5aqbkrk24pv86dfgh5a1bh06.gif

It's and M and b made into a mitt?

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM

Nope.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Be a Cubs fan, and learn to hate Bartman

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
How someone can switch being a fan of one team for another team is beyond my abilities. For better or worse my teams are set. I shall never, ever cheer another.

Both my Grandfathers were diehard Cardinal fans and to an extent some of it rubbed off on me,however,I was a Royals fan first because they were the new Missouri team and much closer to home but I still followed the Cards as well.

1981 I head off to CMSU for college and in the next 2 years encounter numerous arrogant ass Cardinal fans who do nothing but rip on KC.It gets to the point where I grow to hate Cardinals baseball and decide fock it I'll be a Royals fan first,Cubs fan second and whomever is playing the Cards third.

Reaper16
06-06-2010, 03:42 PM

Nope.
Bullshit. Of course that is the answer.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Both my Grandfathers were diehard Cardinal fans and to an extent some of it rubbed off on me,however,I was a Royals fan first because they were the new Missouri team and much closer to home but I still followed the Cards as well.

1981 I head off to CMSU for college and in the next 2 years encounter numerous arrogant ass Cardinal fans who do nothing but rip on KC.It gets to the point where I grow to hate Cardinals baseball and decide fock it I'll be a Royals fan first,Cubs fan second and whomever is playing the Cards third.

Nothing like holding a 30 year grudge over a handful of drunken college students.

:D

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Nothing like holding a 30 year grudge over a handful of drunken college students.

:D

Oh believe me I've met numerous more arrogant cards fans along my journey so I'm more than happy with my decision.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Bullshit. Of course that is the answer.

No, it's really not.

I'll rep you the answer.

BigRedChief
06-06-2010, 04:09 PM

1981 I head off to CMSU for college and in the next 2 years encounter numerous arrogant ass Cardinal fans who do nothing but rip on KC.It gets to the point where I grow to hate Cardinals baseball and decide fock it I'll be a Royals fan first,Cubs fan second and whomever is playing the Cards third.yeah, thats cool beans. To each his own. Switching teams just isn't in the "cards" for me.

BigRedChief
06-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I've been checking since you posted this, and haven't received anything.resent

Rudy lost the toss
06-06-2010, 04:15 PM
the Astros are going to be bad for several more years

DJ's left nut
06-06-2010, 04:17 PM

Initial thoughts;

No Cards (anti St Louis)
Dodgers? I dunno...

Any other thoughts?
Anyone wanna make an argument one way or another?

If you have an anti-STL bias, the Reds are the way to go.

A) Major tension between the two clubs right now with the Jocketty/Rolen thing.

B) Two teams that look to be challenging each other for the next 1/2 decade.

C) The Reds have a very storied history and have generally been a class organization (Schott insanity excluded).

D) The Reds have a lot of very likeable players on their squad.

I'll go into more depth if needed, but the Reds would be the way I went without question. Followed by the Gnats, Marlins and Rockies.

Buck
06-06-2010, 04:24 PM
I would just find out which team has the best record in the NL and go with them.

KC_Riot
06-06-2010, 04:26 PM
kool

DJ's left nut
06-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Young Reds:

Votto -- Is already one of the top 5 LH hitters in baseball.
Bruce -- Heyward before Heyward. So very close to breaking out in a big way.
Stubbs -- Power/speed combo, could be a 25/25 guy some year.
Chapman -- 100 mph flamethrower with solid command, fun guy to watch.
Cueto -- Nasty slider. 5'10'' and 150 lbs, managed by Dusty Baker -- enjoy him while you can.
Volquez -- Very good young pitcher that already got his Baker surgery out of the way.
Leake -- 5-0 with a 2.22 ERA; never threw an inning in the minor leagues.

Likeable Vets:

Rolen -- Easiest player in baseball to root for. Everything a professional athlete should be.
Phillips -- exciting power/speed 2b with a plus glove
Cabrera -- still a pain in the ass for opponents
Gomez -- I hate hate HATE Jonny Gomez...because he's a Red. I'd love him in STL.

The Reds also have the guy I feel is the best GM in baseball in Jocketty. While Baker sucks, he'll choke on his toothpick and die someday.

Then when you add in the working class fanbase and the history of the Reds, it's a very good team to root for.

I'll hate you for it, but the Reds/Cards rivalry sure seems to be shaping up as a fun one for a long time.

Buck
06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I would just find out which team has the best record in the NL and go with them.

I just checked on this and its either the Braves, Cards, or Padres....all tied for first.

chief52
06-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I could go along with your Reds idea. On top of all the great points you have made, they have a great stadium with a great museum. All new parks should have a team museum like the Reds. It is awesome. It is great for the fans and educates them as well.

ChiefsCountry
06-06-2010, 04:39 PM

Pretty much the same thing with me and the Cardinals. Asshole fans in college ruined it for me.

Reaper16
06-06-2010, 04:41 PM
No, it's really not.

I'll rep you the answer.
Why did you give me an explanation for the Montreal Expos logo when we were talking about the Milwaukee Brewers logo?

Reaper16
06-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Pretty much the same thing with me and the Cardinals. Asshole fans in college ruined it for me.
Same with me, only I was in high school.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Why did you give me an explanation for the Montreal Expos logo when we were talking about the Milwaukee Brewers logo?

That's fucking weird. I posted this in response to the post with the old Brewers logo, and the code is still in my original post:

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Really weird.

I'm seeing the Expos logo in both posts now. See post 47.

RJ
06-06-2010, 04:48 PM
The Rockies are a fun team with some nice young hitting and pitching - Carlos Gonzalez, Ubaldo Jiminez, Jhoulys Chacin, Tulowitzki - and some solid prospects on the way. I make a point of watching their games when I can. If you can get past the Denver thing, of course.

chief52
06-06-2010, 04:51 PM
No, it's really not.

I'll rep you the answer.

So what is the answer???

Mr. Flopnuts
06-06-2010, 04:59 PM

"Where y'all from?"

"St. Louis."

*puzzled look*

"Where's that?"

If someone doesn't know where St. Louis is, they're a blithering fucking idiot and should have their citizenship stripped immediately. Make them honorary Canadians or something.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 05:11 PM
If someone doesn't know where St. Louis is, they're a blithering fucking idiot and should have their citizenship stripped immediately. Make them honorary Canadians or something.

Funny you mention that.

I've told this story before here, but my wife and I spent our Honeymoon and 1st anniversary in Whistler, British Columbia Canada.

Out first night in Whistler was Game 7 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals, and I knew it before the trip, so I packed my autographed Chris Pronger Team Canada jersey (won at charity auction) and we found a sports bar in the village to watch the game.

The place started to crowd pre-game, and a couple asked if they could share our 4-top table.

They asked where we were from, and we said we were on our honeymoon from St. Louis.

"Missouri, eh? Think the Blues are taking Erik Johnson in the draft?" (the NHL draft happened a few days later, we were picking 1st overall)

Word spread that we were Americans, on Honeymoon, me wearing a Team Canada jersey and rooting for Edmonton, and we didn't pay for a drink all night.

We've spent close to 20 days over two trips to BC, and EVERY time we've been asked where we're from and responded, "St. Louis", people knew it was in Missouri.

Doesn't sound like much, but pretty cool in a foreign country. Especially when there are jackholes in your own country that have no fucking clue.

DeezNutz
06-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Funny you mention that.

I've told this story before here, but my wife and I spent our Honeymoon and 1st anniversary in Whistler, British Columbia Canada.

Out first night in Whistler was Game 7 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals, and I knew it before the trip, so I packed my autographed Chris Pronger Team Canada jersey (won at charity auction) and we found a sports bar in the village to watch the game.

The place started to crowd pre-game, and a couple asked if they could share our 4-top table.

They asked where we were from, and we said we were on our honeymoon from St. Louis.

"Missouri, eh? Think the Blues are taking Erik Johnson in the draft?" (the NHL draft happened a few days later, we were picking 1st overall)

Word spread that we were Americans, on Honeymoon, me wearing a Team Canada jersey and rooting for Edmonton, and we didn't pay for a drink all night.

We've spent close to 20 days over two trips to BC, and EVERY time we've been asked where we're from and responded, "St. Louis", people knew it was in Missouri.

Doesn't sound like much, but pretty cool in a foreign country. Especially when there are jackholes in your own country that have no ****ing clue.

They were able to buy your drinks because of the money they save on socialized health care, which is a GREAT idea. Get r done, Obama.

And off to DC we go! Dems da breaks, Sully.

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 05:23 PM
They were able to buy your drinks because of the money they save on socialized health care, which is a GREAT idea. Get r done, Obama.

And off to DC we go! Dems da breaks, Sully.

LMAO.

BigRedChief
06-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I just checked on this and its either the Braves, Cards, or Padres....all tied for first.Not after we finished the sweep of the Brewers tonight on national TV.:D

Buck
06-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Not after we finished the sweep of the Brewers tonight on national TV.:D

Well, that, I guess.

But he doesn't want to be a Cards fan.

Plus the Padres are 2-1 against the Cards this year. I checked the Braves, but they are 0-4 against the Cards.

EyePod
06-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Braves baby!

Reaper16
06-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Really weird.

I'm seeing the Expos logo in both posts now. See post 47.
I see. I mean, I see your point. What I don't see is the Expos logo that you have attempted to post.

chief52
06-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I see. I mean, I see your point. What I don't see is the Expos logo that you have attempted to post.

So did you ever get the "answer"?

Reaper16
06-06-2010, 07:34 PM
So did you ever get the "answer"?
Yeah, the Montreal Expos logo makes a M for Montreal but the last half of the M is a b for Baseball and the beginning of it you can see a red e for Expos.

Deberg_1990
06-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Rangers and Astros will be on free TV alot in San Marcos.

chief52
06-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah, the Montreal Expos logo makes a M for Montreal but the last half of the M is a b for Baseball and the beginning of it you can see a red e for Expos.

:) Thanks...

Buck
06-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Rondo on Fisher is scary, but not like they have a choice.

Buck
06-06-2010, 07:59 PM
You fucking kidding me?

OnTheWarpath58
06-06-2010, 08:43 PM

What.

The.

Fuck.

Never had this problem before. I see it fine on my end, and the IMG code is in all of my posts.

Oh well. Guess this means that Sully HAS to become a Nationals fan.

Sully
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
What.

The.

Fuck.

Never had this problem before. I see it fine on my end, and the IMG code is in all of my posts.

Oh well. Guess this means that Sully HAS to become a Nationals fan.

Shit

well, at least there's Strassburg.

Nzoner
06-06-2010, 10:55 PM

:evil:

Buck
06-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Both Atlanta and St Louis lost so I guess you're a Padres fan now.

Pablo
06-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Don't become a cocksucking Cards fan. Any other option should work.

DenverChief
06-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Colorado

Obvious Choice

Astros - suck
Dodgers - who but anyone from LA likes anything from LA?
Chicago - if you want to root for a cursed team

Pestilence
06-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Obvious Choice

Astros - suck
Dodgers - who but anyone from LA likes anything from LA?
Chicago - if you want to root for a cursed team

I'm not from LA and I like the Dodgers......

wanna fight about it?

Nzoner
06-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Don't become a cocksucking Cards fan. Any other option should work.

Okay that was funny as shit ROFL

I'm assuming at the time you posted that you were feeling no pain because I don't think you're making insurance calls at that time.

Frazod
06-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Thanks for wrecking our mojo. :mad:

BigRedChief
06-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for wrecking our mojo. :mad:hey we got plenty of mojo. We are contenders for home field advantage. We have played like chit so far this year and we are only 1 game out of the NL home field advantage.

L.A. Chieffan
06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
See my above post.

Cards - 10

Dodgers - 6 (1 in Brooklyn)

Giants - 5 (none in San Francisco)

Cubs - 2 (easy to forget, unless you're 130 years old LMAO)

SUCK IT GIANTS QUEERS!

OnTheWarpath58
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
SUCK IT GIANTS QUEERS!

ROFL