PDA

View Full Version : Economics LMAO...Madoff: F*** my victims

Fat Elvis
06-07-2010, 11:59 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bernie-Madoff-F-My-cnbc-3712137749.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

Bernie Madoff: F*** My Victims
cnbc

On Monday June 7, 2010, 12:14 pm

Bernard Madoff, the author of the biggest Ponzi scheme in history, told inmates at the Butner prison where he is serving his 150 years jail sentence that his victims deserved what happened to them, because they were rich and greedy, according to an article in New York Magazine.

One evening a fellow prisoner kept asking Madoff about the victims of his $65 billion scheme and Madoff, angered, said: "F*** my victims. I carried them for twenty years, and now I'm doing 150 years," the magazine reported.

Madoff saw his years as the mastermind of the gigantic pyramid scheme as a "nightmare" and he told investigators that he wished he had been caught six, eight years before he was, according to the article.

He was past apologizing and created his own version of events in prison, the magazine wrote.

"People just kept throwing money at me," Madoff is said to have told a prison consultant who advised him on how to endure prison life. "Some guy wanted to invest, and if I said no, the guy said, 'What, I'm not good enough?'?"

Shannon Hay, a drug dealer who lived in the same prison unit as Madoff, told New York Magazine that the swindler shared with him his version of events.

"He told me his side. He took money off of people who were rich and greedy and wanted more," Hay, who was released in December, was quoted as saying.

In prison, Madoff is regarded as a success, is admired and has fans, the magazine wrote.

It quotes Robert Rosso, who serves life in prison, who wrote on a Web site he founded that Madoff is "a hero. He's arguably the greatest con of all time."

talastan
06-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Nothing like passing on your experiences to the next generation, right Berney?
:shake:

BucEyedPea
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Nice! And this was the guy our regulators went to for advice.

Brock
06-07-2010, 01:00 PM
No, Bernie. F*ck you.

banyon
06-07-2010, 01:11 PM
At least he got his a** kicked in prison.

He is not in the white collar minimum place.

http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20100318/FREE/100319848

It's official: Bernie Madoff did not break his nose, fracture his ribs and get cuts and bruises on his face by falling out of bed in his prison cell back in December.

Turns out Mr. Madoff was brutalized by a fellow inmate after all, in an altercation that led to his hospitalization shortly before Christmas.

The Wall Street Journal this morning, citing three people familiar with Mr. Madoff's stint in a North Carolina hospital, confirmed that Mr. Madoff's injuries were the result of a fight with a “beefy” inmate who was in prison on drug charges. (Sound familiar? Read this Dec. 24, 2009 InvestmentNews report.)

In December, Mr. Madoff's attorney said that the imprisoned Ponzi schemer was hospitalized because of high blood pressure. Other reports at the time suggested that Mr. Madoff fell out of bed and injured himself.

For Mr. Madoff, who is currently serving a 150-year sentence, this is at least the second fight that he's been involved in since his sentence began last year. Apparently, the fight record for the former investment manager now stands at 1-1-0.

banyon
06-07-2010, 01:12 PM

That means we don't need regulations11!!11!

(not that Madoff's activities were largely allowed only because of deregulations, which would be the common sense conclusion to draw). :rolleyes:

BucEyedPea
06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Tee Hee!

gblowfish
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Bernie is living the song "Dong Work for Yuda..."
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yb9Dj9aM8zI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yb9Dj9aM8zI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cannon1988
06-07-2010, 02:08 PM
No, Bernie. F*ck you.

No, Brock. F*ck you.

Brock
06-07-2010, 02:10 PM
No, Brock. F*ck you.

Trolling attempt FAIL

cannon1988
06-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Trolling attempt FAIL

Who said I was attempting anything?

Brock
06-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Let's pretend you aren't a trolling mult POS. Sure.

ROYC75
06-07-2010, 02:57 PM

The regulators took his advise and are still putting a nice twist to us, wouldn't you say ?:rolleyes:

penchief
06-07-2010, 03:14 PM
The Enron Heirarchy had the same attitude. That's why I don't believe it's wise to advocate for unregulated capitalism. There are always going to be people who will rip off their fellow man or don't care about the trail of destruction they leave behind. The free money ethic being perpetuated by such business crooks and market manipulators has poisoned this country's mentality to the point that too many of us just accept it as the price of "freedom."

But the irony is that markets aren't truly free if they are being manipulated or monoplized at the expense of those with little power to fight back. That is what laws and regulations are for. They are designed to protect the general public from the impostions of those whose greed and hubris compels them to run roughshod over somebody else's opportunity to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

PunkinDrublic
06-07-2010, 03:17 PM
There's a kernal of truth to what he's saying. The people he scammed were well to do people who threw common sense by the wayside and were blinded by their own greed. You should always be weary of someone who promises ridiculous returns on your investment.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2010, 03:24 PM
There's a kernal of truth to what he's saying. The people he scammed were well to do people who threw common sense by the wayside and were blinded by their own greed. You should always be weary of someone who promises ridiculous returns on your investment.

Bravo!

Taco John
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
For historical accuracy: Franklin Roosevelt is the author of the biggest ponzi scheme in history.

But Madoff is a douche too.

ClevelandBronco
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
For historical accuracy: Franklin Roosevelt is the author of the biggest ponzi scheme in history.

The weird thing is that the scheme has been exposed and FDR's marks still refuse to believe it.

KC native
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM

A very small kernel. Madoff also ripped off a lot of charities and religious institutions. Throw in a few widows and random others and Bernie's client picture isn't as bad as he tries to make it.

Bernie preyed on people who weren't sophisticated enough to understand that his strategy is a treading water strategy.

BucEyedPea
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM

I was thinking of this today in my car about how he goes to jail for what the state does to us daily. ROFL

2bikemike
06-07-2010, 07:02 PM

Beat me to it. The thing about Roosevelts is it's still going on and will for a long time.

PunkinDrublic
06-07-2010, 07:36 PM
A very small kernel. Madoff also ripped off a lot of charities and religious institutions. Throw in a few widows and random others and Bernie's client picture isn't as bad as he tries to make it.

Bernie preyed on people who weren't sophisticated enough to understand that his strategy is a treading water strategy.

And if I were a member of the church or someone who contributed time and money to one of those charities I'd be pissed at the people who handled the finances. Madeoff is a POS for sure but the majority of these people allowed themselves to get conned into his Ponzi scheme.

KC native
06-08-2010, 04:58 PM
And if I were a member of the church or someone who contributed time and money to one of those charities I'd be pissed at the people who handled the finances. Madeoff is a POS for sure but the majority of these people allowed themselves to get conned into his Ponzi scheme.

Madoff was a smooth operator and a sociopath. He was a good salesman and knew how to keep the "exclusivity" buzz going. He was a great con man.

T-post Tom
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
For historical inaccuracy: Franklin Roosevelt is the author of the biggest ponzi scheme in history.

FYP