PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Boardwalk Empire

Pages : [1] 2

Cave Johnson
06-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Is going to rock. Steve Buscemi, Scorsese directing the pilot, etc. Releases in Sept.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5fpNXPVG1k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j5fpNXPVG1k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

bowener
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Holy shit, this looks like it will be amazing.

Great Expectations
06-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm ready for this, here is to hoping it is the next great HBO series.

I've also been enjoying Treme.

Cave Johnson
06-13-2010, 10:09 AM
New trailer.

<object width="585" height="474"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayeru.swf?vid=1100836"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview Trailer #3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayeru.swf?vid=1100836" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Preview Trailer #3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="585" height="474"></embed></object><br><div><a title="Preview Trailer #3" href="http://www.hbo.com/global-video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1100836&autoplay=true">Preview Trailer #3</a></div>

Cave Johnson
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Starts in two weeks (Sept 19th, specifically).

Bane
09-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Yep! I cant wait.

Kraus
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm looking forward to this.

Brock
09-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Sigh. I'm going to be forced to get HBO again. ****

vailpass
09-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to it. I just hope they concentrate more on the story than they do on showing blood and gore and people getting blown up (like The Pacific).

Red Brooklyn
09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
I love HBO. One day I should actually, you know, get it. And I've rarely actually seen an HBO series. Still, I love almost all of them. HBO has an incredible brand.

keg in kc
09-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Early word from AICN's hercules (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46487) on it:I also over the weekend watched the first six hours of HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire,” which is my favorite new series of the fall (unless AMC’s “Walking Dead” turns out to be better) and one of the best things HBO has ever done. Steve Buscemi is fantastic, and the whole thing is full of great young actors. Imagine 12 hours of the Vito/Clemenza stuff from "Godfather II" and you start to get the idea. "Boardwalk" starts next Sunday.

Jenson71
09-13-2010, 09:13 AM
It'd be hard to not get excited about this.

EW: "A big, enjoyably nasty piece of work . . . . What bodes well for Boardwalk as a weekly endeavor is that its Scorsese-fancy pilot is the weakest (the showiest, the slowest) of the episodes I've seen. The production becomes more sleek, emotionally complex, and sly in its subsequent hours. . . . Unfortunately for Buscemi and Boardwalk, there are important precedents to which it should be compared. Is this show better than William A. Wellman's The Public Enemy (1931) or Howard Hawks' Scarface (1932), both Prohibition-era gangster tales? No, it's not. . . . B+"

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20419665,00.html

Jenson71
09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
'Boardwalk Empire,' premieres 9PM ET Sept. 19 on HBO: This tale of Prohibition-era Atlantic City is everything you expect of a marquee HBO drama: It's fantastically acted, gracefully written and visually arresting. Martin Scorsese (who directed the first episode) and ex-'Sopranos' writer Terence Winter expertly bring this panorama of America in the 1920s to vivid life, and Steve Buscemi and Kelly Macdonald are mesmerizing as the drama's lead characters, corrupt politician Nucky Thompson and striving immigrant Margaret Schroeder. 'Boardwalk Empire' is not just the fall's best drama, it's 2010's best new show.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/09/best-fall-shows/

Jenson71
09-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Winters on Scorsese's influence:

"TW: No. He just directed the pilot, but he's also one of the executive producers of the show as well, so he is involved. He reads all the scripts, he weighs in on our casting decisions, he watches all the cuts of the show. Up until the time we wrapped a couple of months ago, he and I had a standing Sunday afternoon conversation where we would just review what went on during the week. He'd watch the dailies, he would have comments and suggestions along the way. So he is definitely involved in the show, but he has only directed the pilot, he got us launched and then went off to do another movie."

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/09/10/boardwalk-empire/

Jenson71
09-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Winters on the importance of the historical context of the series:

" In 'The Sopranos,' one of the first things Tony says is, "I feel like I came in at the end of something." And this is really the beginning of something. It's the beginning of a lot of things.

There's a real feeling of opportunity, a real attitude, particularly with the election of Warren Harding, of putting the past behind us, moving on, getting back to normal. The war is over, there's just nothing but opportunity out there. Wall Street was about to boom and big business [was getting underway]. We had just come out of a war and it just sort of was like a new dawn.

Young people were really coming into the forefront, and it was a time of great change, and a lot of change was for the better, or what people thought was for the better. I mean, Prohibition obviously didn't work, but I think a lot of people thought this was going to be a good thing. And women got the vote and then radio came in and all these exciting changes were happening. It was really a thrilling time. Certainly a thrilling time to write about. "

(Same link as above)

I think it's a really different time now, in comparison. We haven't just ended and won a war. We're still in a long war, and very uncertain about it. The perception is not so much that big business is starting to boom and bring great benefits as it's largely failing and been propped up by the public and/or business is being inhibited to grow by government. The reality is that we are in a tremendously rough economic situation.

Jenson71
09-13-2010, 09:32 AM
The writer's views on Buscemi's character:

"Yeah, I think Nucky is a realist, I think he does what the job requires. I think as a practical man, as a practical politician, he knows that to do good, sometimes you have to do bad. And probably the feeling is at the end of the day, he hopes he does more good than he does bad."

eazyb81
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Eh, I have HBO so I will at least check out the first episode or two, but I'm not automatically sold after seeing the previews. Buscemi's as Tony Blundetto in Sopranos - a small-time gangster - was believable, but I'm not sure I can buy him as some bad ass lead gangster.

There may be some historical precedence in casting here but I see Buscemi as a great supporting actor, not a great lead.

Buck
09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
That was a great first episode IMO.

I wonder if Al Capone and the whole Chicago crew will be sticking around, or if they were just for the first episode. Same with Lucky Luciano and New York.

This is regarding the end of the episode so don't read if you haven't watched yet.

Who was it that shot the Chicago restaurant guy at the end?

PhillyChiefFan
09-20-2010, 06:21 AM

I wonder if Al Capone and the whole Chicago crew will be sticking around, or if they were just for the first episode. Same with Lucky Luciano and New York.

This is regarding the end of the episode so don't read if you haven't watched yet.

That's what I was wondering, I got that impression when they flashed the "Chicago 200 miles" sign.

The first episode was great, I'm really hoping it keeps getting better.

Cave Johnson
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
From what I've read, the show is set in both AC and Chicago (starting around episode 4 or so).

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 10:53 AM
That's what I was wondering, I got that impression when they flashed the "Chicago 200 miles" sign.

The first episode was great, I'm really hoping it keeps getting better.I haven't watched yet, but a couple of the reviews I've seen say the first episode is the weakest.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I saw bits and pieces and what i saw had me intrigued. Ill have to set the DVR.

Buscemi to me seemed a little awkward as a gangster though. I was more interested in the young kid who was a WW1 hero turned gangster.

CHENZ A!
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Buscemi is playing a crooked politician, not a gangster.. I think he pulls it off pretty well.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I love Buscemi, he's just fun to watch, like Christopher Walken or John Malkovich.
BTW: who makes the best psycho character of those three guys?

Jenson71
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM

Torrio, who Al Capone is muscle for. [in real life, it was another gangster pal of Torrio's that does the deed].

Why does Torrio kill the guy? Because the guy was against getting into bootlegging, and just wanted to stay in the whoring business (we got that information from Capone, talking to Jimmy outside that one night).

And now that "the Chicago restaurant guy" is dead, Chicago's gang can open up the city to the business of liquor, which, you're probably aware . . . they do. A lot.

Buck
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Torrio, who Al Capone is muscle for. [in real life, it was another gangster pal of Torrio's that does the deed].

Why does Torrio kill the guy? Because the guy was against getting into bootlegging, and just wanted to stay in the whoring business (we got that information from Capone, talking to Jimmy outside that one night).

And now that "the Chicago restaurant guy" is dead, Chicago's gang can open up the city to the business of liquor, which, you're probably aware . . . they do. A lot.

Awesome, thanks man. I watched the episode at like 10 pm after spending all day at the stadium, so I was a bit out of it last night.

Jenson71
09-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Awesome, thanks man. I watched the episode at like 10 pm after spending all day at the stadium, so I was a bit out of it last night.

There was a ton going on in the first episode. We met Al Capone, Arnold Rothstein, Lucky Luciano, a battered immigrant, the mayor, the treasurer, the treasurer's young protege (and his family), the treasurer's girlfriend, the butler, the treasurer's mentor (not sure who he is), the treasurer's brother-cop, a guy who makes whiskey in the basement of his funeral parlor, FBI agents, Torrio, and the guy Torrio kills (the former big mob boss of Chicago).

And they all dress in 1920s clothing.

It was easy to miss something. I'm sure more than a few watched it again right afterwards.

I liked Buscemi as County Treasurer. I don't think there's any glaring miscast. I like his character: he's more the tragic Michael Corleone/young Vito Corleone figure that is so straddling the edges of falling completely onto the dark side, and has some moral dimension that is there for tension. Jimmy actively pursues the life, which I don't find too attractive (and I can't imagine not going to Princeton if I had that opportunity). He's like Chris from the Sopranos: an interesting side-character, but not someone that ever wins you over. We'll see about him.

The immigrant is supposed to be a big character. I didn't get into her as much as I did the non-fiction guys. Seeing the young Luciano and Capone being portrayed was exciting.

keg in kc
09-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Buscemi is a great actor, I'm glad to finally see him be the centerpiece of something.

I've watched about 20 minutes, the quality of the production is just amazing.

Jenson71
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Buscemi is a great actor, I'm glad to finally see him be the centerpiece of something.

I've watched about 20 minutes, the quality of the production is just amazing.

And I wonder how much of that is paid from product placements. I read that Nucky's car is a Rolls Royce, but other than that, I'm not sure what other products are still around. Coke? Some cigarette types? General Electric?

It's great HBO is willing to take the risk to put up this type of period show, re-creating sets and costumes.

Jenson71
09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Some things reminded me instantly of The Sopranos. First, that big brick/or red house. I feel like that's the house Tony kept coming back to when he was on the brink of death (if he had gone in the house, that was symbolic of his passing). Also, the boardwalk scenes, and the opening credits, while anyone is looking out into the ocean, reminds me of Tony's fish dreams.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2010, 05:00 PM
And I wonder how much of that is paid from product placements. I read that Nucky's car is a Rolls Royce, but other than that, I'm not sure what other products are still around. Coke? Some cigarette types? General Electric?

It's great HBO is willing to take the risk to put up this type of period show, re-creating sets and costumes.

Alot of the backgrounds were done with CGI making the sets appear bigger than they really are. But it was done very well from what i could tell.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
And I wonder how much of that is paid from product placements.

HBO doesn't engage in product placements, at least not in the past.

CHENZ A!
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM

Is this sarcasm? honest question. Because maybe it's coincidence, but I see a lot of product placement on Entourage especially. Every time they have a beer it's a Budweiser.

Jenson71
09-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Alot of the backgrounds were done with CGI making the sets appear bigger than they really are. But it was done very well from what i could tell.

Oh, definitely. But I'm pretty sure that there's still a lot of elaborate building that goes on.

DaneMcCloud Quote: HBO doesn't engage in product placements, at least not in the past.

Interesting. Did not know that.

Buck
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM

Is this sarcasm? honest question. Because maybe it's coincidence, but I see a lot of product placement on Entourage especially. Every time they have a beer it's a Budweiser.

Entourage is the king of Product Placement, but a lot of times its different products every week.

If you watched Hard Knocks with the Jets, Pepsi and Taco Bell were mentioned/shown a lot. Not sure if thats on HBO or the Jets.

CHENZ A!
09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Entourage is the king of Product Placement, but a lot of times its different products every week.

that's what i thought, it seems like they've had Budweiser like every episode since season 1. And it's always bud heavy too. mmmmm :clap:

TrickyNicky
09-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Saw this on a friends DVR. It was amazing. This looks worth 10 bucks a month.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2010, 12:09 AM

That wasn't Torrio that pulled the trigger. Torrio met Capone on the docks. It was a Torrio henchman.

That was Colosimo that was shot and I think they gave him a bit of short shrift. They kind of make him out to be a bumbling idiot that gets blown away when in reality, he was a critical organized crime boss and was the equal of Torrio as far as gangland politics go. In fact, my recollection is that Torrio and Colosimo were partners at one point.

I think they started the episode about a year too late, they had some excellent character development that they missed out on pre-Volstead act.

I'm also not sure I loved Buscemi in this show. He seemed a little out of place; I just don't see him having a dark enough side for this character. I think it would've been better with a guy like the guy that played Rothstein as Nucky's character.

Should still be very good, but I'd have made a few changes.

Buck
09-21-2010, 12:17 AM
That wasn't Torrio that pulled the trigger. Torrio met Capone on the docks. It was a Torrio henchman.

That was Colosimo that was shot and I think they gave him a bit of short shrift. They kind of make him out to be a bumbling idiot that gets blown away when in reality, he was a critical organized crime boss and was the equal of Torrio as far as gangland politics go. In fact, my recollection is that Torrio and Colosimo were partners at one point.

I think they started the episode about a year too late, they had some excellent character development that they missed out on pre-Volstead act.

I'm also not sure I loved Buscemi in this show. He seemed a little out of place; I just don't see him having a dark enough side for this character. I think it would've been better with a guy like the guy that played Rothstein as Nucky's character.

Should still be very good, but I'd have made a few changes.

Heres the thing. I think those of you with this opinion may be jumping the gun a bit.

I think that Enoch is supposed to be a character who is, for lack of a better word, a pansy.

Remember at the end when Jimmy (i think thats his name, the WWI vet) says, "You can't be half gangster. Not anymore." I think that was a tell-tale sign that Enoch is trying to not be a gangster, and maybe he will have a hard time deciding whether he will stay half-legit or go in all the way.

Sorry if I didn't make any sense there, I'm pretty tired.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2010, 12:21 AM

That's the producer's choice.

HBO is a subscription service and to my knowledge, does not accept cash for product placement.

Doug Ellin recently mentioned this in an article.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/how_entourage_got_tequila_Gr0zQcbEnOQmgjFX38MnzI

Ellin said he couldn't charge for product placements even if he wanted to, because HBO is an advertising-free channel. But he uses real brands the way he uses real celebrities, like Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who was in a recent episode.

"I try to keep it as real as possible," said Ellin. That's why E (Kevin Connolly) drinks Belvedere on the rocks and Johnny Drama (Kevin Dillon) orders Johnny Walker Blue. "Guys have specific tastes," Ellin observed.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Heres the thing. I think those of you with this opinion may be jumping the gun a bit.

I think that Enoch is supposed to be a character who is, for lack of a better word, a pansy.

Remember at the end when Jimmy (i think thats his name, the WWI vet) says, "You can't be half gangster. Not anymore." I think that was a tell-tale sign that Enoch is trying to not be a gangster, and maybe he will have a hard time deciding whether he will stay half-legit or go in all the way.

Sorry if I didn't make any sense there, I'm pretty tired.

That's a fair point.

It just seems from the commercials that he's supposed to be a bit of a badass.

Rothstein is asking him over the phone if 'this is how you do business' and he yells back at him "if you want to see how we do business, show your ass in Atlantic City again" or something equally bravado-ey.

If they're trying to sell him as a pushover, a pissing match with Rothstein isn't the way to go about it. Nor was "then stop listening to the grown-ups conversations" crack on Lucciano.

I see them actually trying to send him down a darker road and I just don't think he has those chops. And what fun would a pansy primary character be anyway?

We shall see.

KcMizzou
09-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Omar sighting...

Buck
09-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Omar sighting...

I was happy his name was in the opening credits, I was disappointed he only had one line.

Although in The Wire, he didn't even show up til the 3rd or 4th episode.

PhillyChiefFan
09-21-2010, 07:20 AM
I haven't watched yet, but a couple of the reviews I've seen say the first episode is the weakest.

Wow! If that is true, this will quickly become my favorite show.

I guess it could be considered weak because it was just the character introductions but I was still really impressed.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Wow! If that is true, this will quickly become my favorite show.

I guess it could be considered weak because it was just the character introductions but I was still really impressed.Don't think of it in terms of being weak, just that it supposedly gets even stronger moving forward.

gblowfish
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Apparently, there's a rule on HBO that you must say the work F*CK every 90 seconds or so.
It took approx 90 seconds for the first F-Bomb in Boardwalk. I always think HBO drops F-Bombs just because they can.

Also there must be gratuitous nudity at some point. There was, full frontal nudity in the funeral parlor scene. And Buscemi gets laid by a chick who keeps screaming Ride 'em Cowboy...

NTTAWWT.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Hell, Blowfish, what do you think got me watching fucking HBO in the first fucking place.

Red Brooklyn
09-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Fuck. I gotta watch this fucking show. Like now. Like, fucking, right fucking NOW.

TrickyNicky
09-21-2010, 11:36 AM
You really do. You really, really do.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2010, 11:50 AM
I always think HBO drops F-Bombs just because they can.

Also there must be gratuitous nudity at some point. There was, full frontal nudity in the funeral parlor scene. And Buscemi gets laid by a chick who keeps screaming Ride 'em Cowboy...

NTTAWWT.

heh, ive often wondered about this myself. They have a rep to uphold. They probably feel that their audience demands it since they pay for the service.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Ratings are in, nearly 5 million viewers (7 million total including the night's reruns), biggest HBO premeire in 6 years.

2nd season already announced.

Red Brooklyn
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Between this, Bored To Death and Game Of Thrones... I'm really considering getting HBO for the first time.

PhillyChiefFan
09-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Between this, Bored To Death and Game Of Thrones... I'm really considering getting HBO for the first time.

I gotta say I really love HBO, I haven't regretted getting it.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 03:19 PM
They apparently really think they have something with Game of Thrones. Rumor is that the HBO brass loves it. I thought it was a good sign when they ended the promo before Boardwalk Empire with that long Sean Bean shot (plus it just looked cool).

Buck
09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Fuck I have been reading so many comics since Comic Con, (Late July) that I haven't picked my Game of Thrones book back up. I'm probably going to kick myself for not reading it.

keg in kc
09-21-2010, 05:22 PM
**** I have been reading so many comics since Comic Con, (Late July) that I haven't picked my Game of Thrones book back up. I'm probably going to kick myself for not reading it.I would say wait until after the show to read it. I know I'm holding up my re-read of the series until after the first season.

Red Brooklyn
09-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I would say wait until after the show to read it. I know I'm holding up my re-read of the series until after the first season.

Yeah, I'm actually pretty happy that I'll have some distance on it before the show starts. I don't want the book too fresh in my mind -- tends to damper the visual medium for me.

Lzen
09-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Watched the pilot last night. Looks like a pretty good show. I love the setting. Not many movies/tv are set in that era. I won't be watching it, though, since I don't have HBO.

Reaper16
09-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Dug the first episode. Kept getting reminded of Bioshock, which made some scenes pretty funny in my head. Love the Al Capone bits; there was an energy in that performance.

Anyone else see the Jimmy character and imagine Scorsese telling the HBO brass "Fine. If you guys won't give me Leo then at least give me a guy with Leo's haircut" ?

I don't have the concerns about Buscemi that DJLN does. I don't know where that's coming from.

Felt like a putting pieces into place sort of first episode. Eager to see how the show develops, and how (or even if) the other directors will try an incorporate Scorsese's visual style.

Great Expectations
09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
I loved the show and Buscemi, but Buscemi and Benecio Del Toro are my two favorite actors making movies right now.

It is cool to watch how the mafia formed in this arena.

BigRedChief
09-23-2010, 10:08 PM
OMG the real Nucky Johnson looked like Scott Pioli.
http://casinoconnectionac.com/image/7952/the_rise_and_fall_of_nucky_johnson?max_width=250&max_height=1000&q=70http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/55595/title_atsp_huge_medium.jpg

LaChapelle
09-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't care for the actor who plays Jimmy
I didn't notice his limp in the first episode
still doesn't make me like him any better

Buck
09-27-2010, 11:46 PM
What was up with that Zombie at the very end of the episode when that dude was getting a handy from that 19 year old?

eazyb81
09-28-2010, 07:15 AM
This show is very meh so far.

jjjayb
09-28-2010, 07:34 AM
What was up with that Zombie at the very end of the episode when that dude was getting a handy from that 19 year old?

It was one of the 5 guys that got gunned down during the liquor truck heist. Earlier, when Nuck and Jimmy were talking, Jimmy mentioned killing 5 people and Nuck said no, it was only 4 people.

jjjayb
09-28-2010, 07:35 AM
This show is very meh so far.

Just what the heck would it take to make it not "meh"? Clowns juggling chainsaws while shooting flames out of their asses?

eazyb81
09-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Just what the heck would it take to make it not "meh"? Clowns juggling chainsaws while shooting flames out of their asses?

The plot and storyline has not enthralled me yet, and Buscemi is not very believable as the main character. It has gotten off to a slot start in my opinion.

raybec 4
09-28-2010, 08:30 AM
The plot and storyline has not enthralled me yet, and Buscemi is not very believable as the main character. It has gotten off to a slot start in my opinion.

I disagree, I like Buscemi as the main guy and I am really interested to see how the Rothstein plot line plays out.

gblowfish
09-28-2010, 12:50 PM

That would make a great halftime at Arrowhead. Memo to the Chiefs Entertainment dept....

Buck
09-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Is season one 6 eps or 12?

Cave Johnson
10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Is season one 6 eps or 12?

9 listed on wiki, but my guess is 12.

Btw, the sheriff is the cousin of a good friend's ex. Nice guy, from all accounts.

BigRedChief
10-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I disagree, I like Buscemi as the main guy and I am really interested to see how the Rothstein plot line plays out.This!

It's not the Sopranos or BOB but its well made TV.

tomahawk kid
10-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Bump -

Who didn't see Nucky finally getting him some of Mrs Shroeder?

gblowfish
10-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Nucky got some nookie!

KCtotheSB
10-19-2010, 12:29 PM
What the....no Steve Buscemi sex scene? Well, f**k this show.

tomahawk kid
10-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Dude - there's been 2 or 3 - all equally disturbing.

gblowfish
10-19-2010, 04:36 PM

Why on EARTH would you feel cheated not seeing that?
He gets boned and blown in previous episodes by his live in girlfriend.

blazzin311
10-19-2010, 05:05 PM
I disagree, I like Buscemi as the main guy and I am really interested to see how the Rothstein plot line plays out.

This!

It's not the Sopranos or BOB but its well made TV.

Agreed on all accounts. Is it HBOs best as you've mentioned? No it's not...having said that it's still entertaining, though be it perhaps a bit slow for some people's taste. I would bet for those that do think it has started slow that things are gonna pick up here eventually. I'd be willing to bet the second half of the season packs a bigger punch than the first half. Hell the first half of a season for many tv shows are slow...there must be a storyline built and characters built up around the story line first though. That's what I believe Boardwalk Empire has done thus far. I expect it to keep getting better the rest of the way though.

LaChapelle
10-22-2010, 10:56 PM
This show is nothing more than a leftwing Hollywood smear campaign
before the mid-term elections -Republicans buying votes with ill gotten loot
Of course out of Hollywood the corpt boozing whorehounds are republicans

BigRedChief
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
I loved the scenes with Capone and his taking over the other boss's terriotory. The violence was made to be real, they didn't sugar coat it but didn't go overboard into cartoonish ala Taratino.

vailpass
10-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Mr. Pink does a great job as Nooky. The self-flagellating Prohibition Officer is a strange duck. The portrayal of the time period is well done, I enjoy the little details very much. Well, at least most of them.

KCUnited
11-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Finally got caught up on this last night. While it is a terrific show, I find that I don't get enough out of each episode to watch it every week. I prefer to wait 2 or 3 weeks and watch them back to back and get my fix on.

tomahawk kid
11-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I thought last night's episode did a nice job of ratcheting things up a bit.

I gotta be honest, I didn't foresee the Prohibition Agent sending the $ to Jimmy's baby's momma.

BigRedChief
11-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I thought last night's episode did a nice job of ratcheting things up a bit.

I gotta be honest, I didn't foresee the Prohibition Agent sending the $ to Jimmy's baby's momma.yep, best episode yet. Well done TV.

irishjayhawk
11-09-2010, 06:54 PM
SHOOTER McGAVIN!

eazyb81
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Whoever expected the show to heat up in the 2nd half was right on the money. I didn't like this show early on, but I stayed with it to see if it would catch on for me, and it definitely has.

I am expecting these last 3 episodes to be fantastic.

Pushead2
11-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Whoever expected the show to heat up in the 2nd half was right on the money. I didn't like this show early on, but I stayed with it to see if it would catch on for me, and it definitely has.

Same here

irishjayhawk
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM

I'm all for slow burns but I was growing weary a bit, if I'm honest. But there's always a well-placed spark. First, when they kill the four guys in Chicago. Second, the cabbie shooting the witness.

tomahawk kid
11-16-2010, 09:03 AM
I'm all for slow burns but I was growing weary a bit, if I'm honest. But there's always a well-placed spark. First, when they kill the four guys in Chicago. Second, the cabbie shooting the witness.

Who knew the short little german butler could handle a sidearm?

Great Expectations
11-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Who knew the short little german butler could handle a sidearm?

He really likes the ladies, the last few times Nucky has called on him to leave he was with a girl. I think it is setting something up.

vailpass
11-16-2010, 01:47 PM
SHOOTER McGAVIN!

Ha! I didn't catch that but my wife did. Suddenly she blurts out "Shooter McGavin!".
She always catches things like that before me. Its cool but at the same time it pisses me off.

Jenson71
11-16-2010, 02:58 PM

A bit of a nod to Coppola, I think.

I look forward to this show every week. The one thing that I dislike is the overwhelming, heavy-handed sex. Other than that, every week I come away wanting to look stuff up. What was Warren Harding's mistress really like?

vailpass
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM

I look forward to this show every week. The one thing that I dislike is the overwhelming, heavy-handed sex. Other than that, every week I come away wanting to look stuff up. What was Warren Harding's mistress really like?

And was Harding's wife as scary in real life as she was in that episode?

irishjayhawk
11-16-2010, 05:47 PM

That's annoyed me too. But to an extent, it also fits the characters.

BigRedChief
11-16-2010, 09:54 PM
yep, this show is on track now.

tomahawk kid
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
He really likes the ladies, the last few times Nucky has called on him to leave he was with a girl. I think it is setting something up.

I agree.

They've been inferring he's a ladies man for a reason to be sure......

Miles
11-25-2010, 03:19 PM
This show has been outstanding. Bit of a slow burn, but every week were are several excellently written and shot scenes and things are building. Several characters are starting to stand out as badass as well.

eazyb81
12-01-2010, 09:30 AM
This last episode was a bit slow, but it was interesting to see that old guy is Jimmy's dad. It could be interesting to see if Jimmy begins to believe he should be the one ruling AC, not Nucky.

I have a feeling the finale is going to rock. Can't wait to see how the Rothstein story plays out.

irishjayhawk
12-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Was there a bombshell at the end of the music montage?

It was running over and I hadn't DVR'd Walking Dead so I left a bit early while the montage was still running. Did I miss anything?

Art Vader
12-06-2010, 06:58 AM
this show is so sick! slow at times but the production value is outstanding and the characters are incredible. Richard Harrow ftw

eazyb81
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Was there a bombshell at the end of the music montage?

It was running over and I hadn't DVR'd Walking Dead so I left a bit early while the montage was still running. Did I miss anything?

No, which was kind of disappointing. It is just the finale to season one, but I was hoping for a really shocking end.

Still a great first season though and the show is definitely on my must-watch list when it begins airing again.

Need to find a new HBO show to watch now though.

Gadzooks
12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
No, which was kind of disappointing. It is just the finale to season one, but I was hoping for a really shocking end.

Still a great first season though and the show is definitely on my must-watch list when it begins airing again.

That was the season finale?!?

irishjayhawk
12-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Game of Thrones is coming...

Los Pollos Hermanos
12-09-2010, 10:16 AM
So, how does the Federal agent get away with calling his partner's death a heart attack when he drowned him in front of 40 witnesses?

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Just got info that my cousin will have an recurring role as an FBI Agent on the show :rockon:

keg in kc
08-10-2011, 06:38 AM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1200076"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Season 2 Trailer&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1200076%26filter=boardwalk-empire%26view=null"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.hbo.com/bin/hboPlayerV2u.swf?vid=1200076" FlashVars="domain=http://www.hbo.com&videoTitle=Season 2 Trailer&copyShareURL=http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true%26vid=1200076%26filter=boardwalk-empire%26view=null" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="512" height="288"></embed></object><br><div><a title="Season 2 Trailer" href="http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html?view=grid&vid=1200076&autoplay=true">Season 2 Trailer</a></div>

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Just got info that my cousin will have an recurring role as an FBI Agent on the show :rockon:

Agent Clarkson folks

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Episode was okay but didn't exactly leave me raring for more.

Might just be in a weird mood tonight. Didn't really go ga-ga over breaking bad, either.

OmahaChief
09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
So, how does the Federal agent get away with calling his partner's death a heart attack when he drowned him in front of 40 witnesses?

Because he did it in front of only blacks and they don't day anyting due to their place in society at the time.

tomahawk kid
09-27-2011, 08:46 AM
So - I thought the writers were setting us up for a "Jimmy used to drill his mom" story line with some of the borderline kisses etc last season.

I'm guessing the "I used to kiss his little winky" line was a continuation of that.

I gotta ask - what's the point? What does that add to the overall plot lines?

eazyb81
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
So - I thought the writers were setting us up for a "Jimmy used to drill his mom" story line with some of the borderline kisses etc last season.

I'm guessing the "I used to kiss his little winky" line was a continuation of that.

I gotta ask - what's the point? What does that add to the overall plot lines?

I thought the same thing, but my wife seems to think that was meant to let Jimmy's wife know that his mom was the first woman in his life and will always be #1 over his wife. Basically just used to put the wife in her place.

Who knows though, it is kind of creepy. He kissed his mom on the lips again this episode.

tomahawk kid
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I thought the same thing, but my wife seems to think that was meant to let Jimmy's wife know that his mom was the first woman in his life and will always be #1 over his wife. Basically just used to put the wife in her place.

Who knows though, it is kind of creepy. He kissed his mom on the lips again this episode.

Probably a good call on your wife's part. I'll go with that for now.

Demonpenz
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
that part was disburbing as hell

tomahawk kid
10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Thoughts on last night's episode?

Cave Johnson
10-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Thoughts on last night's episode?

Don't mess with Omar/Chalky. ;)

pr_capone
10-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Watched about 7-8 episodes and gave up. I love Bucemi and I love the era... can't get into the show though.

gblowfish
10-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I missed last night's, hope to catch it sometime this week.

I like Nelson the FBI Agent. He's a total whack job. Talk about a guy who is wound waaaay too tight.

Demonpenz
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I wish Skip Towne was here to explain to us what those days were like

OmahaChief
10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Love the ep this week. Liked how Chalky took care of business in the cell.

All of th backstabbing is great and the part with Darmondy in NYC was oustanding.

tomahawk kid
10-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Bump.

Loved this week's episode, especially the introduction of the Margret's "past" storyline.

Also - loved Nucky finally throwing shit down with the Commodore and Jimmy. He's been effectively eating shit for 2 episodes now.

keg in kc
10-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I haven't watched tonight's yet, but I happened to switch to HBO during the replay just in time to see Jimmy and Harrow scalping somebody. Grue-some.

jjjayb
10-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I haven't watched tonight's yet, but I happened to switch to HBO during the replay just in time to see Jimmy and Harrow scalping somebody. Grue-some.

And that wasn't even the most gruesome part. Another part actually made me cringe and look away. It takes a lot for that to happen.

PhillyChiefFan
10-24-2011, 05:44 AM
And that wasn't even the most gruesome part. Another part actually made me cringe and look away. It takes a lot for that to happen.

Yea, it's getting brutal now. Jimmy is taking charge.

I love the power struggle between Jimmy and Nucky, and I really liked the scene with Jimmy and Richard after his "incident" in the woods.

Last season was a set up, and this season is getting really good IMO.

PhillyChiefFan
10-24-2011, 05:44 AM

The Monkey wrench?

L.A. Chieffan
11-22-2011, 03:51 PM
This is a fantastic show that really isn't getting enough love on here. Makes Walking Dead look like Sesame Street.

eazyb81
11-22-2011, 03:55 PM
I am glad to see the guy that messed with Chalky in the jail is still alive. That guy is smooth and Chalky is smart for getting him on his team.

L.A. Chieffan
11-22-2011, 04:00 PM
I am glad to see the guy that messed with Chalky in the jail is still alive. That guy is smooth and Chalky is smart for getting him on his team.

Ya interesting to see how everybody uses everybody on this show. Michael Kenneth Williams has done a fantastic job.

HemiEd
11-22-2011, 04:17 PM
This show was the only reason we had HBO, but dropped it this year. Looks like we are missing out on a good second season, correct?

L.A. Chieffan
11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
This show was the only reason we had HBO, but dropped it this year. Looks like we are missing out on a good second season, correct?

Tremendous really. Best thing on TV by far, the acting and writing pretty much destroy everything else.

Aries Walker
11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Resubscribe.

BigRedChief
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Tremendous really. Best thing on TV by far, the acting and writing pretty much destroy everything else.i'd have to agreee but Homeland is in the conversation.

Delano
11-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Tremendous really. Best thing on TV by far, the acting and writing pretty much destroy everything else.

Well, this.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
12-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Finally got caught up tonight.

Holy crap.

gblowfish
12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Did you guys see Steve Buscemi on SNL last night? Epic.

keg in kc
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Hell of an episode. Finale's going to be something else I think.

And his mom...christ.

PhillyChiefFan
12-05-2011, 05:51 AM

And his mom...christ.

Yea, she's a friggin loon. I wish Jimmy would have finished her off...ah...strangling her that is...

The finale is definitely going to be good.

I'm glad Van Alden's murder finally caught up with him. That has been bugging me since last season. How does he kill a dude in front of 70 people and get away with it.

eazyb81
12-05-2011, 07:25 AM
For God's sakes, you can't even watch an HBO series anymore without seeing this sh#t.

Nasty.

keg in kc
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM
Shocking content on an HBO show?? No way!!!

tomahawk kid
12-05-2011, 09:35 AM

And his mom...christ.

They've been hinting at the "Jimmy used to nail his mom" thing for awhile now.

At least it somehat ties in with the story line (i.e. the reason he went into the service), but its a bit odd that the 2 biggest series on HBO have heavy incest undertones.

So - with Van Alden now presumably out of Nucky's legal picture (and therefore weakening his ties to the Schroeder murder), I'm curious to see how they get him out of the Federal Election Rigging and Prostitution charges.

The real Nucky Johnson did time in prison, didn't he?

Great Expectations
12-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Nucky didn't go to the pen until the early 40's.

gblowfish
12-05-2011, 09:55 AM
The mother f*cking scene was very unsettling, but you knew it was coming. Every time I see Dabney Coleman, I think of the movie 9 to 5. I laughed when he got stabbed.
Nelson is one of my favorite characters. He's wound pretty tight. Scene when he flees prosecution was great. "Now for my next impression.....Jesse Owens!"

tomahawk kid
12-05-2011, 09:59 AM
The mother f*cking scene was very unsettling, but you knew it was coming. Every time I see Dabney Coleman, I think of the movie 9 to 5. I laughed when he got stabbed.
Nelson is one of my favorite characters. He's wound pretty tight. Scene when he flees prosecution was great. "Now for my next impression.....Jesse Owens!"

Agreed on Dabney Coleman and agreed on Van Alden.

I thought they were setting things up for Van Alden to start boinking the young Dutch housekeeper / nanny.

Great Expectations
12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I thought they were setting things up for Van Alden to start boinking the young Dutch housekeeper / nanny.

I think they might take off together.

vailpass
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I think they might take off together.

X2

L.A. Chieffan
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Very strange episode but I liked it. I hope they don't get rid of agent van Alden that guy makes me laugh

vailpass
12-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Very strange episode but I liked it. I hope they don't get rid of agent van Alden that guy makes me laugh

Agreed, Van Alden is funny as hell. Dude nails the part.

underEJ
12-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Agreed, Van Alden is funny as hell. Dude nails the part.

Have you seen Revolutionary Road? Michael Shannon steals the whole movie.

vailpass
12-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Have you seen Revolutionary Road? Michael Shannon steals the whole movie.

No I have not but I'm putting it on my list. Thanks for the heads-up.

Cave Johnson
12-06-2011, 06:32 PM

I don't know what the f you're talking about. That was a fantastic episode.

L.A. Chieffan
12-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't know what the f you're talking about. That was a fantastic episode.

I agree. What's you're point?

tomahawk kid
12-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I've had 2-3 friends tell me they've stopped watching the show this season. They claim the show "lost them".

I gotta say I'm more into the show then ever, but would be curious to know if the viewership has dropped off between last season and this one. If it has, why?

vailpass
12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
I've had 2-3 friends tell me they've stopped watching the show this season. They claim the show "lost them".

I gotta say I'm more into the show then ever, but would be curious to know if the viewership has dropped off between last season and this one. If it has, why?

Do your friends have learning disabilities or some other sort of impairment?

keg in kc
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
It got a bit slow in the middle. I think I was on the verge of starting to lose interest myself until about 3 weeks ago.

gblowfish
12-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Every young woman on the show gets naked, there's lesbo sex, incest, what's not to love?

vailpass
12-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Every young woman on the show gets naked, there's lesbo sex, incest, what's not to love?

And there we have it. Succinct and to the point. Well done.

tomahawk kid
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Do your friends have learning disabilities or some other sort of impairment?

Not that I know of, but I'm starting to wonder.

vailpass
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Not that I know of, but I'm starting to wonder.

LMAO To each his own but IMHO Boardwalk is as good as anything out there right now.

tomahawk kid
12-07-2011, 02:42 PM
LMAO To each his own but IMHO Boardwalk is as good as anything out there right now.

Wholeheartedly agree.

BigRedChief
12-07-2011, 09:44 PM
WTF? Screw your mom and kill your Dad at the urging of your Mom?

Can we just go bacl to gangsters killing each other with bullets in the eye?

Sfeihc
12-09-2011, 08:02 AM
It has taken a rather Odepious(sp?) turn hasn't it.

Los Pollos Hermanos
12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
No comments about last night's episode?. I thought it was the best episode of the series. I never saw it coming.

eazyb81
12-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Well damn. That was unexpected.

Pushead2
12-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I loved everything EXCEPT the ending.

Great Expectations
12-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I loved everything EXCEPT the ending.

I liked the end, Nucky played Margaret perfectly to get her hand in marriage, then tried the same tactics to get the property signed back over. She wasn't going to be fooled twice.

KCtotheSB
12-12-2011, 03:25 PM
No comments about last night's episode?. I thought it was the best episode of the series. I never saw it coming.

I was crushed...but man, what a curveball.

tomahawk kid
12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I think I read / heard somewhere that Michael Pitt (the actor that plays Jimmy) is rumored to have a drug problem / is difficult to work with.

Based on that and the storyline this season, I figured Jimmy may not survive.

I gotta admit, I was annoyed with Margaret signing the deed over to the church. Tired of that wishy washy, she's with him / she's against him story line. Enough already.

gblowfish
12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm really into WWI. It was one of the nastiest wars for the US. Trench Warfare was brutal. Basically it was running headlong into machine gun fire.

You can see why James is so screwed up.

If you've never seen the movie "The Lost Battalion" you can watch it in 10-minute intervals on You Tube. Very graphic, but very accurate WWI movie:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HLhasKqP3Yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lewdog
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I felt Jimmy was the only one I could actually root for. Wasn't ready for that ending.

BigRedChief
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I gotta admit, I was annoyed with Margaret signing the deed over to the church. Tired of that wishy washy, she's with him / she's against him story line. Enough already.Setting up the story line for next year? He's going to have to fight for the graft? Kill the priest etc.

BigRedChief
12-12-2011, 10:27 PM
I was crushed...but man, what a curveball.I love shows that will kill off major charectors without a build up, out of the blue ala 24. :clap:

L.A. Chieffan
12-13-2011, 01:47 AM
What an episode. Van Patten absolutely killed it. KILLED IT.

Pushead2
12-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Setting up the story line for next year? He's going to have to fight for the graft? Kill the priest etc.

that's what I was thinking exactly...

tomahawk kid
12-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Setting up the story line for next year? He's going to have to fight for the graft? Kill the priest etc.

Oh yeah. He's going to exert pressure on the priest or kill him altogether.

Either way, Nucky will get his money.

dirk digler
12-13-2011, 07:26 AM
I was crushed...but man, what a curveball.

That is how I felt. I liked Jimmy and was not happy Nucky killed him instead of Manny.

PhillyChiefFan
12-13-2011, 10:35 AM
That is how I felt. I liked Jimmy and was not happy Nucky killed him instead of Manny.

I just hated how Jimmy did Nucky's dirty work again with the KKK and Chalky and then Nucky turns around and believe Eli. Blood is thicker than water I guess....

Aries Walker
12-13-2011, 09:05 PM
The Internet comes through again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Iwio2YH1I

KcMizzou
12-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I haven't followed the show, but my buddy had a true "They killed my Nigga Ned" moment. Seriously pissed.

OnTheWarpath58
12-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Well damn. That was unexpected.

Really? They were foreshadowing it the entire episode.

eazyb81
12-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Really? They were foreshadowing it the entire episode.

I meant before the episode started. No one was predicting that Jimmy would die in the season finale.

eazyb81
12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
- I really hope Richard Harrow continues to be a character in the show. I have to imagine he likely will be since they spent so much time last season on getting to know him better. I hope he partners up with Capone's crew to try to get revenge on Nucky.

- I don't think Nucky will have to kill the priest or anything crazy like that. I bet he has connections high up the Catholic food chain that Margaret doesn't even know about. His belief that money talks and everything else walks will be proven correct yet again.

Cave Johnson
12-15-2011, 11:35 PM
In retrospect, they were foreshadowing the hell out of it.

Thig Lyfe
04-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Finally watched the last five episodes. Holy shit! Jimmy was maybe the most compelling, fully-realized character on the show. His death made sense, but now I wonder what I'm gonna give a shit about now. Hopefully it becomes the Arnold Rothstein show or something.

lcarus
04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
God I need to see this show. Between this, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Eastbound & Down...I have a whole lot of shows to watch.

L.A. Chieffan
04-14-2012, 02:37 PM
The last episode was a masterpiece. Van Patten should be given an Emmy and an Oscar and a Peabody

bowener
04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Finally watched the last five episodes. Holy shit! Jimmy was maybe the most compelling, fully-realized character on the show. His death made sense, but now I wonder what I'm gonna give a shit about now. Hopefully it becomes the Arnold Rothstein show or something.

Dude, put spoiler tags around that. Got to respect the fucks that haven't watched the entire series so far.

BigRedChief
04-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Dude, put spoiler tags around that. Got to respect the fucks that haven't watched the entire series so far.The social etiquettee of the media center says any episode that has aired is fair game to talk about in the thread. No future episodes or leaked future details without the spoiler tags.

vailpass
04-16-2012, 02:29 PM
The social etiquettee of the media center says any episode that has aired is fair game to talk about in the thread. No future episodes or leaked future details without the spoiler tags.

Yep. Especially when that season ended months ago. By now, if you don't want to read a spoiler, you shouldn't open the thread.

Baby Lee
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, haven't seen an episode, but knew the 'spoiler' from about 5 news outlets the day after the season finale.

gblowfish
04-16-2012, 03:23 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AQKS4_Y7QCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
04-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah, haven't seen an episode, but knew the 'spoiler' from about 5 news outlets the day after the season finale.

That. Sucks.

KcMizzou
04-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, haven't seen an episode, but knew the 'spoiler' from about 5 news outlets the day after the season finale.Same here. Got a friend who quit watching the show because of it. Luckily not many people seemed to do that when that similar thing happened on GoT.

keg in kc
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Boardwalk Empire is different than GoT in that there's such a smaller cast of characters, comparatively speaking. There's still plenty of people to focus on but so much of the last season (and the whole series thus far) was focused on Jimmy specifically, that I'm not sure how they're going to fill that void.

Buck
08-18-2012, 04:08 PM
All of the episodes are on HBO on Demand and I watched the first 7 or 8 so far. I'm broke and just plan on staying inside my AC'd house and doing a marathon all weekend. I really like it so far and I've heard season 2 is even better.

scorpio
09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Season 3 premiere tonight

Los Pollos Hermanos
09-18-2012, 07:34 AM
The show needs Jimmy.

Richard_Cuckold
09-18-2012, 11:17 AM
While I miss Jimmy, it still has my boy Richard Harrow!(hence my username)

Aries Walker
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Well, Richard is the breakout star. He's the one people talk about at work the next day, and I can't wait to see where his storyline leads. He's a fascinating character.

BigRedChief
09-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Just watched this piece on Steve Buscemi from rock center. I didn't know he was a NYC firefighter during 9/11. He volunteered to work on the pile of rubble of the WTC clearing out debris and looking for bodies.

Art Vader
09-27-2012, 05:50 AM
Digging the 3rd season! That little singing dancing cutie they cast is a winner and .. Gyp Rosetti, keeping the element of madness around makes up for the loss of Jimmy. The scene where Mickey picks up Eli from prison was great.

Great Expectations
09-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Agreed, this show is great. Starting off better than last year. I like Gyp better than Jimmy, the dynamic between Jimmy and his Mom was too creepy.

Richard_Cuckold
09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
this show rules.

Richard_Cuckold
09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
shits about to get real

keg in kc
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
It's gotten renewed for a fourth season.

This season has been great so far.

Art Vader
10-02-2012, 01:22 PM
ep3 was a little slow but Gyp burning up the sheriff really made up for it lol
bone for tuna!

Aries Walker
10-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I thought the scene with Richard Harrow and Nucky was amazing. Harrow just radiates danger.

Art Vader
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
another awesome episode! Nucky needs to get Harrow to pop Gyp's top.

KCtotheSB
10-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Very surprising ending. Can honestly say I did not see that coming with Nucky and Roland Smith.

vailpass
10-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Very surprising ending. Can honestly say I did not see that coming with Nucky and Roland Smith.

My wife thought the same thing, when the Irish guy showed an affection for Smith she said "oh good, they'll let him live."
I told her no, he's as dead as old dad's hat.
Nucky offed Jimmy, no way he goes soft on anyone other than Eli now.

Art Vader
10-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Gyp is a freak!!! Van Alden's wife is a down ass bitch lol

vailpass
10-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Gyp is a freak!!! Van Alden's wife is a down ass bitch lol

Yeah she's a spicy swedish meatball for sure.
Gotta' love her.

Aries Walker
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm liking Billie. I'm afraid Nucky will ruin her - get her shot, or something.

Art Vader
10-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Billie is awesome.. she has very emotional eyes especially when her expression changes.. super cute. Nucky is pretty much blowing everything lol

I have a feeling little bro's gonna save his life soon.

gblowfish
10-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I think we've seen every woman on the show naked.
That must be in the contract.

The choking sex scenes were a little much. Do we really need to go all Kung Fu here?

My favorite character is Nelson (aka "George.") He's extremely twisted.

Richard_Cuckold
10-16-2012, 10:54 AM
That shootout was fuckin awesome.

Art Vader
10-16-2012, 11:13 AM
I have no complaints about every woman getting naked on the show lol HBO ftw.

Gyp is so messed up, I think those scenes worked.. dude grew up in a cave! Fuck it!
I'm fully expecting a rampage from him next week.

Nelson is great I can't wait until he goes full on gangster.

OmahaChief
10-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I think we've seen every woman on the show naked.
That must be in the contract.

The choking sex scenes were a little much. Do we really need to go all Kung Fu here?

My favorite character is Nelson (aka "George.") He's extremely twisted.

Between Nelson whipping himself for pleasure adn Gyp they like to play up the issues with some of these men. Not to mention the mention of Rothstein being dead below the waist.

Art Vader
10-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Between Nelson whipping himself for pleasure adn Gyp they like to play up the issues with some of these men. Not to mention the mention of Rothstein being dead below the waist.

and jimmy fucked his mom!

vailpass
10-16-2012, 11:48 AM

Oh yeah, Billie's a dead girl walking. wonder if Mrs. Schroeder will have Owen Sleater bum her off Irish hit man style.

Billie's new co-star is none to happy about Nucky having him coerced into joining her in the play; loved how Chalky got him to do it without ever having to lift a finger.

OmahaChief
10-16-2012, 04:42 PM
and jimmy ****ed his mom!

Not sure how I could have forgot that one!

Aries Walker
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Ironically, the one actress we haven't seen naked is the main one - Kelly McDonald. She had a nude scene last year, but it was a body double.

vailpass
10-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Ironically, the one actress we haven't seen naked is the main one - Kelly McDonald. She had a nude scene last year, but it was a body double.

No big loss.

duncan_idaho
10-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Anybody else feel like the next major guy to get knocked off is going to be Mickey Doyle?

His idiot nature and constant screw-ups have to earn him a bullet to the brain soon, I'd think.

Art Vader
10-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Anybody else feel like the next major guy to get knocked off is going to be Mickey Doyle?

His idiot nature and constant screw-ups have to earn him a bullet to the brain soon, I'd think.

I can see that. I can see Eli doing it also.. possibly a foreshadowing in the prison/car scene.

Now that he's fucked up big by going against Nucky's orders and Eli starting inch his way back into Nucky's trust zone.. it's looking that way.

Omaha
10-18-2012, 09:09 AM

I'm amazed he's made it this far. He's annoying.

vailpass
10-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm amazed he's made it this far. He's annoying.

*obnoxious giggle*

TrickyNicky
10-19-2012, 04:05 PM
He seems like the character that will stick around through sheer incompetence. Being in the wrong places at the right times.

BigRedChief
10-20-2012, 11:23 PM
I can see that. I can see Eli doing it also.. possibly a foreshadowing in the prison/car scene.

Now that he's fucked up big by going against Nucky's orders and Eli starting inch his way back into Nucky's trust zone.. it's looking that way.This season has already had two surprising kills, The swedish chick whacking the guy and Nucky killing the kid. I thought he was going to be the new Jimmy he took under his wing.

Aries Walker
10-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Actually, here's my prediction for Next Death: The eager young minion who just tried to whack Gyp Rosetti. I think his name is Benny. Regardless, someone's - likely Gyp - is going to take him down hard.

Dallas Chief
10-21-2012, 01:10 AM
Actually, here's my prediction for Next Death: The eager young minion who just tried to whack Gyp Rosetti. I think his name is Benny. Regardless, someone's - likely Gyp - is going to take him down hard.

Better read up on your fictionalized organized crime history maybe kinda...

Aries Walker
10-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Is he someone I should know?

Demonpenz
10-21-2012, 06:56 AM
Turns out it is Benny Hilll *Music plays*

Art Vader
10-21-2012, 07:13 AM
This season has already had two surprising kills, The swedish chick whacking the guy and Nucky killing the kid. I thought he was going to be the new Jimmy he took under his wing.

those were great storyline kills.. I'm tired of the salesman thing. that dude looks too gangster to be selling irons, hopefully he's done with that and becomes a henchman for O'banion, which most likely wouldn't end well.

..and the kid.. that was a great one because it shows you Nucky is merciless.. even beiber-looking kids get it for stealing from him. Will giving a cigarette to the doomed be his trademark?

The other one was when Harrow blew Manny away. There's no telling where Harrow's storyline will go at this point. great wild card to have floating around. With Gyp being a hard kill I can see Nucky hiring Harrow as an assassin, but he killed his best friend so who knows!

The Gyp hit will lead to some serious retaliation.. possibly the cold-blooded murder of a singing/dancing girl, amongst many other possibilities.

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
The Gyp hit will lead to some serious retaliation.. possibly the cold-blooded murder of a singing/dancing girl, amongst many other possibilities.yeah, that's so obvious a plausible storyline that I hope they don't go there. We know from history books that Nucky died of old age. But the rest of the people are fair game to be whacked.

Art Vader
10-21-2012, 09:25 AM
yeah, that's so obvious a plausible storyline that I hope they don't go there. We know from history books that Nucky died of old age. But the rest of the people are fair game to be whacked.

it is obvious and I hope they do go there lol.. my other guess is she gets hooked on heroin and/or OD's. She is Nucky's weakness.. I think something has to happen with her.

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 09:50 AM
it is obvious and I hope they do go there lol.. my other guess is she gets hooked on heroin and/or OD's. She is Nucky's weakness.. I think something has to happen with her.Yeah, she is going to die. We all expect that. But, the storyline that the crazy dude kills the show girl as retailation is too easy. I expect more from this series.

duncan_idaho
10-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Is he someone I should know?

Warren Beatty played him in a movie...

Art Vader
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Maybe she narrowly escapes said obvious storyline and denounces Nucky while staying alive? Or aliens abduct her... shit, who knows I'm just throwing it around for fun.. expectations are for fools! A Chiefs fan should know that! lol

Aries Walker
10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Warren Beatty played him in a movie...
Oh! Of course. I didn't realize the kid grew up to be Dick Tracy.

;)

Dallas Chief
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Oh! Of course. I didn't realize the kid grew up to be Dick Tracy.

;)

LMAO at Dick Tracy!!! Touche good sir!

Demonpenz
10-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Madanna was in Dick Tracy

L.A. Chieffan
10-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Can you break a hundred? LMAO

keg in kc
10-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Can you break a hundred? LMAOTotal laugh out loud moment when he said that.

BigRedChief
10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Total laugh out loud moment when he said that.yeah, pretty funny. Helps to tolerate this whole Mom finding herself another Jimmy to fuck. It's just gross.

Art Vader
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
yeah, pretty funny. Helps to tolerate this whole Mom finding herself another Jimmy to ****. It's just gross.

no shit!!! lol :P

vailpass
10-30-2012, 03:32 PM
So she found the Jimmy look alike as a means of admitting to herself and putting closure to the fact that Jimmy is dead?

Or what? I'm not clear on the angle here.

Not sure I want to be.

Bitch is going to link up with Gyp to go after Nucky.

Aries Walker
10-30-2012, 04:46 PM
I think the goal was to kill someone who looked like Jimmy, so he can be declared dead and she can inherit the house. It seems, though, that she also let herself enjoy the look-alike for a while as well.

Harrow will realize that it's not Jimmy, of course, but he has no reason to say anything.

vailpass
10-30-2012, 05:17 PM
I think the goal was to kill someone who looked like Jimmy, so he can be declared dead and she can inherit the house. It seems, though, that she also let herself enjoy the look-alike for a while as well.

Harrow will realize that it's not Jimmy, of course, but he has no reason to say anything.

True, Harrow keeps pretty much on the DL.

I liked this scene:
Harrow: "let go of the boy right now"
Bitter Dad: "what will you do if I don't?"
Harrow: "I'll kill you"
Bitter Dad (let's go of kid)

Then later the daughter told Harrow she didn't like it when he told her dad he'd kill him if he didn't let go of the boy.
He answers "I was only trying to look like a tough guy".
No. No you weren't.

Aries Walker
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
That's precisely what I was thinking.

Art Vader
10-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Nucky knows that's not Jimmy. Maybe he can manipulate that situation without implicating himself to stick it to her? .. that is if he cares enough to bother. Definitely thickened the plot.

I really like the Gyp character, no matter how messed up he is lol...
Gyp in the church was classic.

L.A. Chieffan
10-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Buscemi is a good juggler