PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs appear headed for big turnaround

Von Dumbass
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-nfl-football-2010.

Todd Haley admits he had only glanced at the new hardback sitting on his office desk.

Not that Kansas City’s head coach could get much more out of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team than what he has already experienced firsthand.

The Chiefs were among the NFL’s most backward franchises before Haley and general manager Scott Pioli arrived in February 2009. The struggles continued last season with a 4-12 record and 16th consecutive year without a playoff victory.

But based on what has recently transpired, this story may ultimately have a happy ending. The Chiefs are poised to turn the page after bolstering their roster and coaching staff.

Haley describes the difference in his team from this time last season as “night and day.” Quarterback Matt Cassel took it one step further.

“The sun has come out and there’s not a cloud in the sky,” he said.

The Chiefs are seeing the light in workouts where all but one player (safety and unsigned restricted free agent Jarrad Page) is participating. Wide receiver Chris Chambers and linebacker Mike Vrabel are valuable starters who were re-signed earlier in the offseason. Three veteran acquisitions -- running back Thomas Jones and offensive linemen Casey Wiegmann and Ryan Lilja – have already provided strong leadership and upgraded their respective positions. Free safety Eric Berry and wide receiver/returner Dexter McCluster should make an immediate impact as rookies. And the Chiefs added both coordinators from New England’s Super Bowl-winning teams in the mid-2000s -- Charlie Weis (offense) and Romeo Crennel (defense).

“On paper, we look pretty decent right now,” Chambers said.

This could never be said about the 2009 Chiefs.

Haley and Pioli inherited a mess left by the previous regime. A sense of complacency festered inside One Arrowhead Drive even before franchise founder Lamar Hunt died in 2006. Clark Hunt, who assumed ownership from his father, finally acted after bad personnel decisions and suspect coaching contributed to the Chiefs posting just six wins combined in 2007 and 2008.

“In the years before, it was a little bit more relaxed,” said guard Brian Waters, the longest-tenured Chiefs player at 11 seasons. “It’s definitely changed ... Everybody is more professional and taking things more seriously.”

Such accountability was one of the first goals Pioli set after being lured away from New England. Besides revamping the front office, Pioli also fired head coach Herm Edwards and replaced him with Haley, the offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals squad that had just reached Super Bowl XLIII.

It’s too early to call this a match made in heaven, but there’s no question Haley and Pioli experienced a hellish debut. Because he was hired so late after the 2008 season ended, Haley’s coaching staff options were limited. Haley fired his offensive coordinator (Chan Gailey) before the season began and canned his defensive coordinator (Clancy Pendergast) once it ended. Six other staff changes have followed.

Haley had assumed the offensive play-calling from Gailey, which the former allows “didn’t necessarily help us win any games last year. It might have cost us a game because it was a major change.” It also placed extra stress on someone who already was suffering the growing pains inherent in being a first-time head coach.

“You take over the offense, you have to dedicate so much time and energy,” said Cassel, who also was trying to learn a new system after being acquired in a trade with New England. “I could see it in his eyes last year. It was difficult for him.”

The roster didn’t make it any easier. The Chiefs weren’t just bereft of talent and depth. The players were out of shape, too.

Haley said the Chiefs collectively dropped more than 700 pounds in a six-month span once he took over. But by not being in good condition to begin with, Haley was limited in how much he could accomplish heading into the regular season.

“That’s unheard of and should only happen one time,” Haley said.

Chambers, who was claimed off waivers from San Diego when the Chiefs were 1-6, said Kansas City was in “disarray” upon his arrival.

“There was confusion, fussing and yelling,” he said. “The guys were humbled when I got here because of the losing.”

Even one of the few 2009 highlights – a November upset of Super Bowl XLIII champion Pittsburgh – was tempered by subsequent blowout losses to San Diego (43-14) and Denver (44-13). Haley said those two defeats were the low point of the season because it showed Kansas City players weren’t mature enough to handle a brief taste of success.

Public discontent was growing as well. Wiegmann, who started for Denver last season, said the atmosphere for the Broncos-Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium was markedly different than when he played in Kansas City from 2001 to 2007.

“When I was here the first time, the fans were crazy and the stadium was always packed,” Wiegmann said. “Last year, there were hardly any people in the stadium. I felt bad for the players here. That’s not what the Chiefs are all about in this city.”

Coincidentally, one reason for renewed optimism began in Denver. The Chiefs derailed the Broncos’ postseason hopes with a 44-24 win in the season finale. Not only did Jamaal Charles cap a strong December with a 259-yard rushing effort, Haley was thrilled with his squad’s overall approach. Haley fondly remembers players staying after every practice that week to run gassers even though the Chiefs were eliminated from playoff contention by Halloween.

As part of his season-ending message after the Denver game, Haley said he told Chiefs players, “I don’t know any great team that it started easy for. We’ll all be better players and coaches for this.”

The improvement started as soon as Weis and Crennel were hired. While both failed as head coaches with Notre Dame and the Cleveland Browns respectively, Weis and Crennel are sharp football minds who have a long history with Haley and Pioli.

Cassel said working with a taskmaster like Weis already has made him a better quarterback. Tom Brady’s former understudy also has further entrenched himself in a leadership role through his work ethic and outgoing personality.

“You come into a new environment and it’s all new people. A lot is expected out of you,” said Cassel, who completed 55 percent of his passes with 16 touchdowns and 16 interceptions in 2009. “You don’t really know where you fit in just yet. I was coming from a place where I was for four years. They knew I worked hard and what they were going to get. When we went 11-5 (with the 2008 Patriots), it’s because everyone believed in me. Here, they knew about me but I had to earn that respect.”

So did Haley, whose demonstrative sideline demeanor takes some getting used to (Chambers laughed when remembering being “dog-cussed” during one of his first Chiefs games). Haley still pays close attention to the offense, especially the wide receiver position he once handled as an NFL assistant. But now that Weis is in the fold, a less-stressed Haley has taken a much broader coaching view of his team.

“I knew I wanted a guy who could run (the offense) for me and knew the system,” Haley said. “Charlie was the perfect guy. The changes I had to make this year have been seamless, which is huge. Now the players are able to benefit from it.”

Haley also raves about the addition of esteemed secondary coach Emmitt Thomas and strength coach Mike Clark, whose program is generating positive results. There won’t be a collection of overweight Chiefs held out of early training camp practices like in 2009.

But even with a favorable schedule – only four opponents reached last season’s playoffs and the final two games are at home – the Chiefs aren’t a lock for success. Kansas City still hasn’t found anyone close to a comparable replacement for tight end Tony Gonzalez, who was traded last offseason to Atlanta. Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe must regain the trust of his teammates after talking about the alleged sexual exploits of the 2007 Chiefs in a recent ESPN the Magazine story. Branden Albert isn’t a sure thing at left tackle. Even a defensive guru like Crennel may struggle to generate more than the paltry 22 sacks produced last year from a suspect front seven.

Asked how close Kansas City is to becoming the New England of the Midwest, Chiefs linebacker Mike Vrabel bluntly said, “Three Super Bowls away.”

“I don’t think we’re really close at all,” said Vrabel, who won three Lombardi Trophies in eight seasons with the Patriots before being traded to Kansas City in 2009. “We need to look at what we did last year and improve on it. We should try to win our division and make the playoffs. If we’re able to do that, we’re headed in the right direction. But four wins like we did last year is not going to be acceptable.”

Cassel is confident that chapter in Chiefs history is closed.

“If we can survive what we went through last year, we can survive anything,” he said.

ChiefsCountry
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
[url]Asked how close Kansas City is to becoming the New England of the Midwest, Chiefs linebacker Mike Vrabel bluntly said, “Three Super Bowls away.”

“I don’t think we’re really close at all,” said Vrabel, who won three Lombardi Trophies in eight seasons with the Patriots before being traded to Kansas City in 2009.

No shit we got fucking Matt Cassel who sucks donkey balls so we won't be anywhere close to a Super Bowl with that piece of shit as our QB.

Gonzo
06-07-2010, 07:19 PM
No shit we got fucking Matt Cassel who sucks donkey balls so we won't be anywhere close to a Super Bowl with that piece of shit as our QB.
I'm more than happy to give him another shot. With the increased talent around him this year, I have a feeling he'll improve. (Nowhere to go but up, right?)
Posted via Mobile Device

Art Vader
06-07-2010, 07:27 PM
feel-good story of the year

JASONSAUTO
06-07-2010, 07:39 PM

again its pretty sad that people take positive articles and use the threads to trash players.

very sad.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
again its pretty sad that people take positive articles and use the threads to trash players.

very sad.....
Posted via Mobile Device
honestly he says the same stupid freakin shit in every thread. He does it so much it's pretty clear he's saying as much to try and piss other people off as anything.

Hog Farmer
06-07-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm almost inclined to give KnowMo rep for this article .

Yep . I think I will .

JASONSAUTO
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
honestly he says the same stupid freakin shit in every thread. He does it so much it's pretty clear he's saying as much to try and piss other people off as anything.

its not just him though. and again its sad
Posted via Mobile Device

Jethopper
06-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Vrabel a "valuable starter".........LOL

alpha_omega
06-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Nothing new, but a good read...thx for posting.

milkman
06-07-2010, 09:05 PM

its not just him though. and again its sad
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe these people believe strongly that Cassel will never be the QB that some hope he can be, and are simply pissed off that we are stuck with him.

Maybe they aren't trying to piss anyone off.
Maybe, just maybe, they are simply venting.

Gracie Dean
06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I have read Five Dysfunctions of a team, not a bad read, but not sure how it will play out on a sports team?

JASONSAUTO
06-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Maybe these people believe strongly that Cassel will never be the QB that some hope he can be, and are simply pissed off that we are stuck with him.

who fucking cares what they are doing milkman? do they have to do it in EVERY thread? i think everyone here gets the point.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Great article...

It really wasnt hard to believe that Herm and Carl left this place an absolute dump. The FO, Coaches and players seem to be on the right track...

Good times ahead.

Sofa King
06-08-2010, 07:23 AM
i love how they throw Albert in every article, seemingly just for the sake of it....

he wasn't THAT bad that he needs to be singled out repeatedly from all the "other" shitty players on this team...

luv
06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
i love how they throw Albert in every article, seemingly just for the sake of it....

he wasn't THAT bad that he needs to be singled out repeatedly from all the "other" shitty players on this team...

Careful on the negativity. Someone will come along and call you out for it.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2010, 07:31 AM

Whats wrong with being negative or critical of someone or something?

mlyonsd
06-08-2010, 07:55 AM
That brought a tear to my eye.

And then I remembered it's one of those articles written leading up to training camp where 'everything is possible'.

Happens every year.

Reerun_KC
06-08-2010, 07:57 AM
That brought a tear to my eye.

And then I remembered it's one of those articles written leading up to training camp where 'everything is possible'.

Happens every year.

first time in 5 years anyone has felt anything was possible with the Chiefs...

I think we are finally getting out of the dark ages of KC football... It can never get any worse than Carl and Herm running the show... Its not humanly possible.

JASONSAUTO
06-08-2010, 08:05 AM

see this is a stupid fucking post.

some here take every article and turn the thread into a negative one.

Why?

take the negative articles and use their threads to be negative.its REALLY sad if you cant be a LITTLE positive this time of year. maybe some people just want to bitch about the team they follow forever

mlyonsd
06-08-2010, 08:09 AM
first time in 5 years anyone has felt anything was possible with the Chiefs...

I think we are finally getting out of the dark ages of KC football... It can never get any worse than Carl and Herm running the show... Its not humanly possible.

Yeah I didn't mean it in a negative way really.

Just that until they prove something on the field I refuse to let puff pieces like this get me excited.

I agree on Carl and Herm too. The day Herm was announced as our coach I knew we had thrown 5-6 years away.

BigChiefFan
06-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Pretty good read, positivity and all. It at least gives some insight into last year's team and what they have to do to improve. Playing as a TEAM should benefit us, immensely.

gblowfish
06-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah I didn't mean it in a negative way really.

Just that until they prove something on the field I refuse to let puff pieces like this get me excited.

I agree on Carl and Herm too. The day Herm was announced as our coach I knew we had thrown 5-6 years away.

I agree. I'm expecting maybe five or six wins this year. Offense is still not there yet. If Charles goes down, we're hosed. Bowe still a big question, TE still a big question, Thomas Jones will help, but Cassell still has a ways to go to prove he's not the second coming of Elvis The Pants Wetter.

Hopefully the coaching will be better this year. Haley won't do crazy stuff like fake punts with Croyle or starting the half with an onside kick.

KCtotheSB
06-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Enjoyed the article. Very positive vibe from the piece and it's very welcome after reading the doom and gloom predictions and prognostications from a few NFL preview magazines.

ClevelandBronco
06-08-2010, 09:50 AM
The improvement started as soon as Weis and Crennel were hired. While both failed as head coaches with Notre Dame and the Cleveland Browns respectively, Weis and Crennel are sharp football minds...

Crennel has a lot to prove before I'll believe he has a "sharp football mind."

Otter
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel are a huge step forward in itself. I'll spring for Sunday Ticket for the first time in about a decade.

Detoxing
06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Ahh.....soak in all the good juju stories before the season starts. We may need it. But, i'll admit, I feel good about this upcoming season. But, I've felt this before so....

King_Chief_Fan
06-08-2010, 10:15 AM

Hopefully we are stuck with him only this year. Failure will be his demise. What excuses could they possibly come up with? Haley feel good comments for Cassel are just that...make Cassel feel good with the hope of giving him the boost he needs (yes, I think he needs more than that). If this is Haley's team, I don't see him staying with a guy that is holding the team back (if he is the reason).
Only one more year of Cassel unless he pulls a similar miracle like his last year in NE.

chiefsngop
06-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel are a huge step forward in itself. I'll spring for Sunday Ticket for the first time in about a decade.

This is what has me excited. Haley is surrounded by people that will make him a better coach.

The exact opposite was true of Herm Edwards and we saw the result, a coach that wasn't all that talented surrounded by a misfit staff and the complete debacle that followed.

To me, the jury is still out on Haley, but at least he is being surrounded by a successful staff.

Hopefully that trickles down to our QB and the whole team.

Detoxing
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
This is what has me excited. Haley is surrounded by people that will make him a better coach.

The exact opposite was true of Herm Edwards and we saw the result, a coach that wasn't all that talented surrounded by a misfit staff and the complete debacle that followed.

To me, the jury is still out on Haley, but at least he is being surrounded by a successful staff.

Hopefully that trickles down to our QB and the whole team.

What excites me is the fact that, unlike the Edwards team, there are winners on this team now. Players who have had great success at other programs. Players who know how to win.

boogblaster
06-08-2010, 11:04 AM
just a pre-season read .. think we should win at least 8 this year .. who knows .. carry-on ........

38yrsfan
06-08-2010, 12:01 PM
After going through this for more than a few decades and becoming enured to the pity of my associates, I have allowed that Chiefs optimism to once again creep back into that part of the brain reserved for football fanatacism.

The changes seem to be postive, the attitude seems to be improving and the comments of most of the players seem to indicate a much more enthusiastic approach to professional football.

Go Chiefs! 10-6

teedubya
06-08-2010, 12:10 PM
“Three Super Bowls away.”

classic

InChiefsHell
06-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Like, oh, I don't know, having a few SB rings?

KCDC
06-08-2010, 02:08 PM
What has Fox Sports said about the Broncos Knowmo?

Chiefs Pantalones
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I think we're gonna do a lot better than people think this year, but I'm not in the norm.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-08-2010, 02:12 PM

You're right, he's a terrible defensive coordinator. Never proven anything.

ClevelandBronco
06-08-2010, 02:21 PM

Romeo laid a giant turd when he was the man. Let's not pretend that he's still considered a hot commodity.

ClevelandBronco
06-08-2010, 02:24 PM

I agree that he's proven nothing. I wouldn't call him a terrible DC. I don't think anyone knows what kind of a DC he is. His chance to redeem himself with the Chiefs is his best chance.

If he had produced wins for a team that had a head coach that wasn't a defensive coordinator himself then Romeo would have proven something.

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 02:27 PM

Romeo laid a giant turd when he was the man. Let's not pretend that he's still considered a hot commodity.

I'm with CB on this one.

Until he does something even average without Belichick by his side, I'll wait to get excited.

Just like I'll wait to get excited about Lilja. Easy to pass block when you have the best QB on Earth getting rid of the ball in a nano-second.

Same with Thomas Jones, running behind the best OL in the game.

When I see these guys come close to repeating past performance without their "security blankets" I'll start to get excited.

Chiefspants
06-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree. I'm expecting maybe five or six wins this year. Offense is still not there yet. If Charles goes down, we're hosed. Bowe still a big question, TE still a big question, Thomas Jones will help, but Cassell still has a ways to go to prove he's not the second coming of Elvis The Pants Wetter.

Hopefully the coaching will be better this year. Haley won't do crazy stuff like fake punts with Croyle or starting the half with an onside kick.

While Cassel still has to prove that his arm is better than Grbacs, Last season, I believe I saw a toughness in Cassel that I never saw in Grbac.

Fish
06-08-2010, 03:07 PM
What excites me is the fact that, unlike the Edwards team, there are winners on this team now. Players who have had great success at other programs. Players who know how to win.

Who exactly are you talking about?

The only players of note that have been added since Edwards was gone are:

Matt Cassel (turd)
Chris Chambers
Ron Edwards
Mike Vrabel (Older than dinosaur shit)
Leonard Pope (meh contribution)
Ryan Lilja (might not start)
Shaun Smith (2nd team maybe)

And I'm not sure how much "great success" those players accomplished elsewhere. Except Vrabel, who is clearly not the same player he was when he was leading another team to success. Not sure where you get that these guys know how to win.

In fact, the biggest playmakers on the team right now that actually have experience are guys that Herm Edwards brought in.

Von Dumbass
06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Just like I'll wait to get excited about Lilja. Easy to pass block when you have the best QB on Earth getting rid of the ball in a nano-second.

Plus no QB on this earth is better at calling out protections than Peyton Manning. Lilja wouldn't even have to watch film because Peyton does all the work for him.

Marcellus
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm with CB on this one.

Until he does something even average without Belichick by his side, I'll wait to get excited.

When I see these guys come close to repeating past performance without their "security blankets" I'll start to get excited.

It's easy to post on Chief's Planet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Ah yes, more delicious fluff.

Those kind of articles existed last year at this time too. Just so you know...

PGM
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Ah yes, more delicious fluff.

Those kind of articles existed last year at this time too. Just so you know...

You sir are not "true" enough of a fan.

BCD
06-08-2010, 06:24 PM

Maybe, just maybe, they are simply venting.I agree with this. I agree with ChiefsCountry, to an extent. I'm not thrilled with Cassel at all. In a fair QB competition, Brodie beats him out. That said, I also agree with those here that tire of reading all the Cassel bashing. It does get old.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
You sir are not "true" enough of a fan.

Yep, Carl fuckin' hates me still...

BCD
06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Romeo laid a giant turd when he was the man. Let's not pretend that he's still considered a hot commodity. A LOT of very good Coordinators flop as HC.

BCD
06-08-2010, 06:30 PM
While Cassel still has to prove that his arm is better than Grbacs, Last season, I believe I saw a toughness in Cassel that I never saw in Grbac.Grbac had a good arm. His problem was his 10 cent brain.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Grbac had a good arm. His problem was his 10 cent brain.

DROIIIIIIID!

milkman
06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
I agree with this. I agree with ChiefsCountry, to an extent. I'm not thrilled with Cassel at all. In a fair QB competition, Brodie beats him out. That said, I also agree with those here that tire of reading all the Cassel bashing. It does get old.

Just about all of us have at one time or another gotten obsessed about a specific player or situation.

When we read a fluff piece like this, it generates the kind of response that people are talking about.

It's just human nature.

My initial reaction was much the same as ChiefsCountry's.

Son of Logical
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM

Maybe its possible that the people think Matt Cassel is worthless are wrong?

First I will say after the season Cassel put together last year, I don't blame people for not having a lot of faith in the guy. Many should also remember a lot and I mean a lot of people said the same thing about Trent Green after his first year. Personally I am willing to give the guy another season with some talent around him, before I pass final judgment. Trent had shit around him his first year, and played like shit. Cassel had shit around him his first year, and played like shit. Year 2 Trent turned it around with an upgrade of talent, and I will give Cassel another year before I decide that I want him gone when he gets an upgrade of talent.

Just Passin' By
06-08-2010, 08:20 PM

First I will say after the season Cassel put together last year, I don't blame people for not having a lot of faith in the guy. Many should also remember a lot and I mean a lot of people said the same thing about Trent Green after his first year. Personally I am willing to give the guy another season with some talent around him, before I pass final judgment. Trent had shit around him his first year, and played like shit. Cassel had shit around him his first year, and played like shit. Year 2 Trent turned it around with an upgrade of talent, and I will give Cassel another year before I decide that I want him gone when he gets an upgrade of talent.

There could be an article about Cassel running into a burning building and saving 5 lives and, eventually, the same group of people here would get around to bitching about his quarterbacking. It's not rational for them at this point, so you're wasting your time.

milkman
06-08-2010, 08:28 PM

The problems Green had are not the same problems that Cassel had.

The Air Coryell system is a timing system that Green was knew like the back of his hand.

His receivers, however, weren't all that versed in the system, and they failed Green.

Green delivered the ball on time, with zip.

Cassel, on the other hand, held the ball too long, made poor reads, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass even if he were standing next to it.

His passes were late, poorly thrown, and the receivers had to wait for them.

milkman
06-08-2010, 08:30 PM
There could be an article about Cassel running into a burning building and saving 5 lives and, eventually, the same group of people here would get around to bitching about his quarterbacking. It's not rational for them at this point, so you're wasting your time.

And you dumbasses could get buttfucked by Cassel, and you'd thank him.

LaChapelle
06-08-2010, 08:35 PM
article rating: 3 out 0f 5 flaming AIDS trees
with drafturbators hanging from the smoking branches

Chiefless
06-08-2010, 09:18 PM

As a regular lurker I just wanna say that the addition of the AIDS tree to the Planet library has yielded some pretty funny results.

ChiefsCountry
06-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Hell I would like to be positive about the Chiefs but we won't see a turnaround with Cassel as our QB. Pioli had a decent draft this year, screwed up in the 2nd round to protect his QB, but stole Berry and Asamoah. Both of them will be 10 year plus starters and more than likely all-pros. Weis was a good hire. Thomas Jones for the money was good. Lilja could be a good move if they cut Waters. Rest of his moves though don't have me jumping up and down.

GoHuge
06-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Hell I would like to be positive about the Chiefs but we won't see a turnaround with Cassel as our QB. Pioli had a decent draft this year, screwed up in the 2nd round to protect his QB, but stole Berry and Asamoah. Both of them will be 10 year plus starters and more than likely all-pros. Weis was a good hire. Thomas Jones for the money was good. Lilja could be a good move if they cut Waters. Rest of his moves though don't have me jumping up and down.Damn dude with your slam dunk prognostication skills you should be a player personnel guy. Stole Berry? That's like saying you got a hell of a deal on the most expensive car (of that type) ever made by paying full retail!!! I'm obviously rooting for these guys to be great as well, but tabbing any player that has never stepped on an NFL field.............."more than likely all-pros" is completely idiotic. "Screwed up in the 2nd round to protect his QB." How the **** do you know? "Pioli had a decent draft this year." How the **** do you know? BTW what the **** would have you jumping up and down? You seem to have the pulse of what is and isn't a good move. Not only that but you claim to have the ability to forecast ten years in advance the career path of a guy that had a hard time staying healthy in college. I'd send your resume out to all 32 NFL teams. Most of the time it takes 3-5 years to see what or who someone is going to be as an NFL player, but not you man. You claim to be nails before they even put a set of shoulder pads on! Hurry dude.........your leaving big money on the table each and every day that goes by!!

Nothing personal, but your post was riddled with stupid.........I'm sure your a nice guy though!

milkman
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Damn dude with your slam dunk prognostication skills you should be a player personnel guy. Stole Berry? That's like saying you got a hell of a deal on the most expensive car (of that type) ever made by paying full retail!!! I'm obviously rooting for these guys to be great as well, but tabbing any player that has never stepped on an NFL field.............."more than likely all-pros" is completely idiotic. "Screwed up in the 2nd round to protect his QB." How the **** do you know? "Pioli had a decent draft this year." How the **** do you know? BTW what the **** would have you jumping up and down? You seem to have the pulse of what is and isn't a good move. Not only that but you claim to have the ability to forecast ten years in advance the career path of a guy that had a hard time staying healthy in college. I'd send your resume out to all 32 NFL teams. Most of the time it takes 3-5 years to see what or who someone is going to be as an NFL player, but not you man. You claim to be nails before they even put a set of shoulder pads on! Hurry dude.........your leaving big money on the table each and every day that goes by!!

Nothing personal, but your post was riddled with stupid.........I'm sure your a nice guy though!

I don't get why people can't understand that statements like CC's are opinions?

Your post is the one that is riddled with stupid.

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 11:07 PM

Shocking. Talking about the play of a Kansas City Chiefs player - gasp - on a Kansas City Chiefs forum.

I don't care if the guy wins the fucking Noble Peace Prize. I don't care about his personal life, I care about how he performs for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Play like a franchise QB, or GTFO.

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 11:09 PM
And you dumbasses could get buttfucked by Cassel, and you'd thank him.

Seriously, can we trade JPB to Fatchatter for findthedr?

At least he tried to back up his posts, instead of just blatantly sucking from the Pioli teat and trolling.

OnTheWarpath58
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
The problems Green had are not the same problems that Cassel had.

The Air Coryell system is a timing system that Green was knew like the back of his hand.

His receivers, however, weren't all that versed in the system, and they failed Green.

Cassel, on the other hand, held the ball too long, made poor reads, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass even if he were standing next to it.

His passes were late, poorly thrown, and the receivers had to wait for them.

Spot on.

stevieray
06-09-2010, 12:15 AM
[QUOTE=milkman;6808213]

QUOTE]

...on time and with so much zip, he was intercepted 24 times...

..you mention Green had the experience with AC, yet Cassel's system and coaches were changed when again?.

If Green gets a pass because his WR's failed him in year one, so does Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-09-2010, 03:25 PM

ROFL Repizzle.

Many should also remember a lot and I mean a lot of people said the same thing about Trent Green after his first year. Personally I am willing to give the guy another season with some talent around him, before I pass final judgment. Trent had shit around him his first year, and played like shit. Cassel had shit around him his first year, and played like shit. Year 2 Trent turned it around with an upgrade of talent, and I will give Cassel another year before I decide that I want him gone when he gets an upgrade of talent.

Is it just me, or does this particular point now cause actual physical discomfort when it comes rolling across the screen?

:facepalm: Dear God make it stop.<!-- / message -->

chiefsngop
06-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm with CB on this one.

I can see your point here. Save the Thomas Jones comment.

Charles found yards behind OUR O-line in the last quarter of last season, but he needed a partner in the RB stable for durability reasons and power running situations to an extent.

Thomas Jones is a suitable addition; to add the salt to Charles's pepper.

Yes, Jones loses the line he had last year, but I think having Charles in his offense, and Weis calling the shots, equalizes things.

And while I do agree that Lilja was blocking for a great QB who can "get rid of the ball in a nano-second" I think it's important to remember that Manning also finds success when checking down, sometimes all the way to his 3rd or 4th option receiver. That takes time, time his O-line had to buy him.

But yeah, I want to see Lilja pancake and buy time in a red uniform before I'm sold.

Just Passin' By
06-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Shocking. Talking about the play of a Kansas City Chiefs player - gasp - on a Kansas City Chiefs forum.

I don't care if the guy wins the ****ing Noble Peace Prize. I don't care about his personal life, I care about how he performs for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Play like a franchise QB, or GTFO.

That would be fine if you were honest in your appraisals, didn't bitch about the same things constantly, and knew what the hell you were talking about.

Since you go 0-for-3 on that, that's where the problems come in.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2010, 03:48 PM
That would be fine if you were honest in your appraisals, didn't bitch about the same things constantly, and knew what the hell you were talking about.

Since you go 0-for-3 on that, that's where the problems come in.

Asshat.

Halfcan
06-12-2010, 04:03 PM
5-11

Until Clark starts spending some cash-we will have just average talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2010, 04:11 PM
5-11

Until Clark starts spending some cash-we will have just average talent.

We've spent the cash, just not wisely in at least one case I can immediately recall, yes...
:D

Halfcan
06-12-2010, 04:46 PM
We've spent the cash, just not wisely in at least one case I can immediately recall, yes...

ROFL yep Matt is the peyton Mangina of this team compared to how much he cost-lol

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-12-2010, 05:09 PM
ROFL yep Matt is the peyton Mangina of this team compared to how much he cost-lol