PDA

View Full Version : Football USC Gets the Hammer

CaliforniaChief
06-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Looks like the Trojans' transgressions are costing them 2 years of bowl games and lost some scholarships.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933

Reaper16
06-09-2010, 11:24 PM
"some lost scholarships?" Heh, try 20. Twenty! That is insane.

CaliforniaChief
06-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Sorry, meant to say lost some scholarships. LOL

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Again, the hog shit of it is that Carroll saw the writing on the wall and it's a lot of his current players who will end up suffering for it.

CaliforniaChief
06-09-2010, 11:33 PM
It is somewhat karmic to see Lane Kiffin have to bear consequences for someone else's actions. But yeah, Carroll knew what was coming, no question about it.

Pablo
06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Fantastic. Fuck USC.

Tiger's Fan
06-09-2010, 11:37 PM
After Carrol flops again in the league, he'll have no soft place to land, unless he plans on coaching in FBS.

Mecca
06-09-2010, 11:37 PM
These penalties are basically like a death penalty...this is gonna drag on forever.

It's extremely excessive for the supposed violations.

Tiger's Fan
06-09-2010, 11:40 PM
These penalties are basically like a death penalty...this is gonna drag on forever.

They're repeat violators. They could qualify for the death penaty.

CaliforniaChief
Too bad they don't have an agreement with the NFL that allows penalties to affect the teams who give these coaches golden parachutes. Take away draft picks to punish him.

Like Hamas said, it's unfortunate when people responsible skate off with big money (Carroll and Reggie Bush) while 20 kids who would get a scholarship to play football at a big time school now won't.

Fruit Ninja
i like it, send a message to the other schools. Dont fuck around. Good work NCAA.

Tiger's Fan
06-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Too bad they don't have an agreement with the NFL that allows penalties to affect the teams who give these coaches golden parachutes. Take away draft picks to punish him.

Like Hamas said, it's unfortunate when people responsible skate off with big money (Carroll and Reggie Bush) while 20 kids who would get a scholarship to play football at a big time school now won't.

Sure they will. Just not at THAT school.

Mecca
06-09-2010, 11:42 PM
i like it, send a message to the other schools. Dont fuck around. Good work NCAA.

And this is the problem it's a ruling they'll get patted on the back for in the court of public opinion.

That's nice the NCAA which is basically a broken down crack addict at this point trying to flex it's muscle one last time.

Mecca
06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Lets compare this to Alabama...since the penalties are nearly the same.

Alabama

Alabama received five years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 21 scholarships over three years after it was found that Crimson Tide boosters paid players.

* A recruit, identified in news reports as Kenny Smith, and his parents were given $20,000 in cash, lodging and entertainment by two Crimson Tide boosters beginning in 1995. The first payment of $10,000 was made in $100 bills delivered in a grocery bag. Smith signed with Alabama but couldn't meet academic requirements.
* An Alabama booster previously identified as Logan Young of Memphis, Tenn., gave cash to a high school coach who was seeking $100,000 cash and two sport-utility vehicles in exchange for directing star recruit Albert Means to Alabama.
* An assistant coach, former recruiting coordinator Ronnie Cottrell, received two loans totaling $56,600 from Young in violation of NCAA rules. The loan was not repaid until the case became known.
* Two boosters involved in repeated rules violations were known to the Alabama staff, coaches and fans and often were seen at the team hotel during road games.
* A recruit, identified previously as Travis Carroll, was given the use of a car in 1999 for agreeing to attend Alabama. The car was repossessed when Carroll transferred to Florida.

USC

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc-20100610,0,7548894.story

That sums it up. Now I fail to see how those to situations are remotely comparable unless there's are tons of unreported things there.

Fruit Ninja
06-09-2010, 11:49 PM
And this is the problem it's a ruling they'll get patted on the back for in the court of public opinion.

That's nice the NCAA which is basically a broken down crack addict at this point trying to flex it's muscle one last time.

There is nothing wrong with Flexing, if you can do it, show it.

Mecca
06-09-2010, 11:51 PM
There is nothing wrong with Flexing, if you can do it, show it.

I'm not even saying they deserve no punishment, I'm saying it's extremely over the top.

SoCalBronco
06-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Excellent.

I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Now all the stupid bandwagon garbage fans were have down here can move on to something else.

88TG88
06-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Excellent.

I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Now all the stupid bandwagon garbage fans were have down here can move on to something else.

I hope they do

It sucks that we'll have to wait two years to see Robert Woods in a bowl game.

SoCalBronco
06-10-2010, 12:03 AM
So...umm Seantrel.....how's that decision working out for you?

Ahahahahaha.

Mecca
06-10-2010, 12:03 AM
It'll be funnier when SC wins the Pac 10 and the runner up has to go to the bowl game.

I don't think this will be the final ruling on the sanctions either, but we'll see.

Mecca
06-10-2010, 12:04 AM
So...umm Seantrel.....how's that decision working out for you?

Ahahahahaha.

Considering he can redshirt I'm sure missing a bowl game 1 year is really going to kill his career.

SoCalBronco
06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Considering he can redshirt I'm sure missing a bowl game 1 year is really going to kill his career.

It doesn't surprise me that he chose USC, anyway. He's obviously not that bright. He's more concerned with his father being promised a "foot in the door" in the rap industry than making a serious choice about college.

The only downside in this whole deal is that USC will pussy out of a potential series with Miami. I knew the Trojans didn't have the balls to go forward on scheduling the Canes and now they'll hide behind this like the gutless scum that they are.

Von Dumbass
06-10-2010, 12:12 AM
No big deal nothing will come of this. /Mecca last year

Mecca
06-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Canes fan lol, yes everyone is surely scared of them.

88TG88
06-10-2010, 12:22 AM
It doesn't surprise me that he chose USC, anyway. He's obviously not that bright. He's more concerned with his father being promised a "foot in the door" in the rap industry than making a serious choice about college.

The only downside in this whole deal is that USC will pussy out of a potential series with Miami. I knew the Trojans didn't have the balls to go forward on scheduling the Canes and now they'll hide behind this like the gutless scum that they are.

WTF, why would these schools play ? That sounds like pointless fan chatter.

lostcause
06-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Reggie Bush? If they haven't made a ruling in 5 years on Bush, **** the NCAA.

edit: Id he does get stripped, does Vince get it retroactivelyl?

Mecca
06-10-2010, 12:23 AM
SoCal is basically a pissy Canes fan that's been talking shit on SC since 03, I'm sorry the Canes are once again not relevant.

Von Dumbass
06-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Looking forward to getting my PAC-10 championship ring from the '04 season. Thanks @claymatthews52

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/15828178285

LMAO

Mecca
06-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Matthews responses are hilarious, you should post those too.

Chocolate Hog
06-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Looks like Nebraska will get Jalen Grimble after all.

BossChief
06-10-2010, 01:22 AM
That harsh of a penalty begs the question on if there was more than what was reported being done to earn that type of response.

the Talking Can
06-10-2010, 04:20 AM
carroll = calipari

Garcia Bronco
06-10-2010, 05:16 AM
You have to feel sorry for these kids that did nothing wrong and are stuck at USC. If they left USC they would have to sit out a year. Gay

Guru
06-10-2010, 05:17 AM
You have to feel sorry for these kids that did nothing wrong and are stuck at USC. If they left USC they would have to sit out a year. GayI thought they made a change to that rule for situations like this.

Garcia Bronco
06-10-2010, 06:47 AM
I thought they made a change to that rule for situations like this.

I had not heard that. If true, then they've taken steps to be able to protect students and the integrity of system.

DaKCMan AP
06-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Awesome.

JASONSAUTO
06-10-2010, 06:51 AM
lol and mecca still crying.

YayMike
06-10-2010, 06:53 AM
soo...dumb question, if they strip USC their wins for the season(s) in question, do they go back and give the wins to the teams USC beat??

dirk digler
06-10-2010, 06:54 AM
No big deal nothing will come of this. /Mecca last year

he said that this year as well.

Garcia Bronco
06-10-2010, 06:54 AM
soo...dumb question, if they strip USC their wins for the season(s) in question, do they go back and give the wins to the teams USC beat??

Sweet. Then Virginia Tech should be national champs from that season.

DaKCMan AP
06-10-2010, 06:59 AM

BCS can vacate USC's 2004 title
Posted on: May 20, 2010 8:38 pm

The BCS has the power to vacate one of its championships should USC be found guilty violating of NCAA bylaws. The question is, what form would that take?

USA Today reported Wednesday that a little-known BCS rule added in January 2007 allows the BCS to vacate the championship of a team if it has found to be guilty of major rules violations. USC is awaiting penalties -- if any -- regarding the Reggie Bush case. Bush is alleged to have taken money and extra benefits from would-be agents while at the school. If he is ruled by the NCAA to have competed while ineligible, the association could strip USC victories while he was at the school. Only, then would the BCS step in.

But the NCAA doesn't sponsor a championship in football so it essentially has no jurisdiction on USC's '04 title. How the BCS would strip that title isn't clear.

The BCS can't compel the American Football Coaches Association or the Associated Press to take back trophies from the Trojans' 2004 championship season. In other sports besides football, the NCAA typically only removes references of championships in media guides and record books of teams that have vacated wins.

In the case of the BCS, what record books? What media guides? The BCS runs a website, bcsfootball.org, and puts out a small pamphlet-like media guide each season.

Since 1998, the AFCA has awarded a trophy to the winner of the BCS title game. The AP awards a trophy to a team that finishes No. 1 among the voters in its final poll. AP told the BCS to drop it from its formula a few years ago, in part due to a conflict of interest among its voters.

A college football national championship has never been forfeited or vacated (in the wire service era since 1936).

"The NCAA will do whatever we do," one BCS official said.

The NCAA has section in its record book recognizing BCS champions.

The NCAA has vacated those records and championships in basketball and other sports. That typically involves removing a teams' wins and championships of record books and media guides. In the case of Florida State's Bobby Bowden, it would have involved no reference its former coach being the all-time winningest coach in NCAA history.

Prior to his retirement, the veteran coach was within reach of catching Joe Paterno for No. 1 on the all-time list. The NCAA then forced Florida State to vacate 12 of his victories. Bowden finished with 377 career victories.

http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/21967205?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry21967205

DaKCMan AP
06-10-2010, 07:00 AM

Vacating wins does not equal forfeiting games. The win is erased, not awarded to the other team.

blaise
06-10-2010, 07:19 AM
You have to feel sorry for these kids that did nothing wrong and are stuck at USC. If they left USC they would have to sit out a year. Gay

It does unfairly punish the current players. It's going to be very hard for them to collect the cash payments they'd been promised now.

Reerun_KC
06-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Wow, serious lack of control at USC... Since they get the hammer. Mecca should get the ban hammer during that time period as well...

Deal is done?

ArrowheadHawk
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
It does unfairly punish the current players. It's going to be very hard for them to collect the cash payments they'd been promised now.:LOL:

healthpellets
06-10-2010, 07:44 AM
is that 20 over two years or five?

Chief Henry
06-10-2010, 07:49 AM
Fantastic. **** USC.

this in a big effn way

USC been the big bullies for a reason. I agree completely with Hamas about Pete Carroll gettin out of dodge while he could. Wish it would have happened
years ago.

Brock
06-10-2010, 08:03 AM
HA HA HA HA HA.

Brock
06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
HA HA HA HA HA.

DonTellMeShowMe
06-10-2010, 08:38 AM
ROFLIt does unfairly punish the current players. It's going to be very hard for them to collect the cash payments they'd been promised now.

ROFL

Mr. Laz
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Fantastic. **** USC.This

jAZ
06-10-2010, 08:59 AM

You lost institutional control. That's worthy of the death penalty. You earned this. Be grateful that the NCAA decided to punt this investigation 4 years down the road. Should have happened at least 2 years ago.

DonTellMeShowMe
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
You lost institutional control. That's worthy of the death penalty. You earned this. Be grateful that the NCAA decided to punt this investigation 4 years down the road. Should have happened at least 2 years ago.

USC out? Masoli out? Wildcats got a good chance this year? lol

Iowanian
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Cheating bastards.

They probably had a higher payroll than the Buffalo Bills.

Next stop.....Florida Gators.

loochy
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Fantastic. Fuck USC.

This. Ha ha.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh65/mungchamp/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

It'll be funnier when SC wins the Pac 10 and the runner up has to go to the bowl game.

I don't think this will be the final ruling on the sanctions either, but we'll see.

Also this, which would be a double ha ha.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh65/mungchamp/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpghttp://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh65/mungchamp/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Pestilence
06-10-2010, 09:32 AM
So you're saying that Notre Dame has a chance this year.

Oh wait....nevermind......we still suck.

Reaper16
06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
So you're saying that Notre Dame has a chance this year.

Oh wait....nevermind......we still suck.
You've got a very good coach now.

Pestilence
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
You've got a very good coach now.

And yet....we're still missing that one important thing.........talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Mecca, when you call your obvious fan-club here, do you go:

"Here boy"! Here Boy"!(?)

Just curious.;)

Jethopper
06-10-2010, 10:09 AM

YOUR TEAM lost institutional control also. So KU deserves the death penalty. Glad we agree.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/apr/22/ncaa_kansas_lost_institutional_control/

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-10-2010, 10:12 AM
YOUR TEAM lost institutional control also. So KU deserves the death penalty. Glad we agree.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/apr/22/ncaa_kansas_lost_institutional_control/

LMAO Holy Shit: Jethopper made me smile.

ArrowheadHawk
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
LMAO Holy Shit: Jethopper made me smile.It's not hard. Mention anything bad about KU and you and Fraz have a circle jerk.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
It's not hard. Mention anything bad about KU and you and Fraz have a circle jerk.

We wuuuuuuuuuvvvv youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!:D

BigMeatballDave
06-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow, serious lack of control at USC... Since they get the hammer. Mecca should get the ban hammer during that time period as well...

Deal is done?Funny. Mecca has been taking a beating lately. Wrong about Carrol leaving USC. Wrong about Cushing, and now this...

DaKCMan AP
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Funny. Mecca has been taking a beating lately. Wrong about Carrol leaving USC. Wrong about Cushing, and now this...

Did Delilah cut his hair?

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I could care less. When they finally have a playoff on college ball I'll watch more of it. You can't just take away a perfect season either, it happened.

Basileus777
06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Holy shit!

<!-- GOOGLE AD MANAGER GUEST AD CODE --> <!-- message --> DanWetzel (http://twitter.com/danwetzel)
Embargo over, Bloodbath for USC: Vacate 04 BCS title game, all 05 season. 15 scholly limit for next 3 years -- a loss of 30 scholarships

"The committee seriously considered the imposition of a television ban as a penalty in this case ... was a very close call."

Frazod
06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
It's not hard. Mention anything bad about KU and you and Fraz have a circle jerk.

As opposed to the circle jerk you and Buster/sedated/hawkchief/(insert random beaker imbecile name here) have when anything bad is mentioned about MU?

Cry me a river, hypocrite.

Basileus777
06-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Division I Committee on Infractions Issues Decision on University of Southern California

For Immediate Release

Thursday, June 10, 2010
Contact(s)

Stacey Osburn
Associate Director of Public and Media Relations
317/917-6117

INDIANAPOLIS---The NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions has penalized the University of Southern California for violations in its football, men's basketball and women's tennis programs.

The violations span almost four years, primarily involving agent and amateurism issues for a former football student-athlete and a former men's basketball student-athlete. The committee noted that the violations in this case strike at the heart of the NCAA amateurism principal, which states that intercollegiate athletics should be motivated primarily by education and its benefits.

Regarding the individuals who triggered NCAA agent rules and the former student-athletes in this case, the committee stated, "Their actions also threatened the efforts of the NCAA and its member institutions to sponsor and support amateur competition at the collegiate level."

The findings in this case include a lack of institutional control, impermissible inducements, extra benefits, exceeding coach staff limits, and unethical conduct by an assistant football coach.

The penalties include four years probation; a two-year football postseason ban; a one-year basketball postseason ban; vacation of regular and postseason wins for all three involved sports; scholarship reductions for football and basketball; and recruiting restrictions for men's basketball. They also include a $5,000 financial penalty; forfeiture of revenue from the 2008 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Tournament; and limitations for the access granted to boosters and non-university personnel to team charters, sidelines, practices, locker rooms and camps for men's basketball and football. The university must also disassociate itself from three boosters, including the former football and men's basketball student-athletes involved in this case. As a part of this disassociation, the university will not be able to accept financial contribution or other assistance for the athletics department from these individuals or provide them with any benefit and privileges. In addition, the assistant football coach received a one-year show-cause penalty, which prohibits him from engaging in any recruiting activity with prospective student-athletes.

According to the public report, "The general campus environment surrounding the violations troubled the committee." When citing the lack of institutional control finding, the committee noted the university failed to heed clear warning signs; did not have proper procedures in place to monitor rules compliance; failed to regulate access to practice and facilities, including locker rooms; and in some instances failed to take a proactive stance or investigate concerns. As a result, three different individuals who triggered NCAA agent rules committed violations involving the former football and men's basketball student-athletes.

Beginning in October 2004 and continuing until November 2005, the former football student-athlete, his stepfather and his mother agreed to form a partnership with two individuals to form a sports agency. Shortly after the agreement was reached, the former football student-athlete and his family began asking for financial and other assistance from the partners. During the course of this relationship, the agency partners gave the former football student-athlete and his family impermissible benefits including several thousand dollars, an automobile, housing, a washer and dryer, air travel, hotel lodging and transportation, among others. Because of the receipt of these benefits, the former football student-athlete competed while ineligible. This ineligibility began at least by December 2004 and encompasses the 2005 Orange Bowl game and the entire 2005 football season, including postseason competition.

On January 8, 2006, one of the agency partners called the assistant football coach asking for assistance in convincing the former student-athlete to adhere to the agency agreement or reimburse the partners for the money and benefits they provided. The assistant football coach failed to alert the university compliance staff of this information and later provided false and misleading information to the enforcement staff regarding his knowledge of the violations. Based on these actions, the committee found the assistant football coach violated NCAA ethical conduct rules and violated NCAA legislation by failing to report knowledge of possible violations.

The former football student-athlete and his family also received benefits from another sports marketing agency during his time at the university. On a number of occasions from November 2005 to January 2006, an individual who triggered NCAA agent rules provided impermissible benefits to the former football student-athlete, as well as his friends and family. These benefits included air travel, transportation, lodging and repairs to the automobile that was purchased by the previous agency partners.

Although the former football student-athlete participated in an interview with the enforcement staff, he refused to cooperate fully with the investigation. He failed to provide the requested information that, if it existed, could have substantiated his claim that he was not involved in NCAA rules violations.

The case also includes multiple impermissible inducements and extra benefits for a former men's basketball student-athlete, his brother, his girlfriend and his girlfriend's mother. From August 2006 through May 2008, a representative affiliated with a professional sports agency and his associate provided cash, lodging, transportation, meals, air travel, professional personal trainers, a cell phone, wireless service, a television, watches, shoes, and clothing, among other benefits.

The former head men's basketball coach, assistant men's basketball coach, institutional compliance staff, faculty athletics representative, and athletics director all knew this representative had previously committed two separate NCAA violations. One of these violations involved the former men's basketball student-athlete and in the other violation, the representative was found to have provided benefits to a student-athlete. These university officials also knew that the representative was acting as the point person in the recruitment of the former men's basketball student-athlete, yet failed to take steps to monitor this recruitment.

The committee also found the football program violated coaching staff limit rules. In August 2008, the former head football coach hired a consultant for the entire 2008 regular playing season. The consultant attended practice sessions, analyzed video footage of contests, and discussed with the former head football coach his observations and analyses of the university's special teams. These activities led the university to exceed the maximum number of countable coaches.

Further, from November 2006 to March 2009, a former women's tennis student-athlete used an athletics department long-distance access code to make 123 unauthorized international telephone calls to family members. The total value of the calls is more than $7,000.

The committee acknowledged the difficulty of the investigation. Investigations of amateurism cases are often laborious given the significant effort by those involved to avoid leaving a paper trail or other evidence. It also noted that a number of the key individuals, including the involved former football and basketball student-athletes, refused to cooperate fully with the investigation. Finally, in the case of men's basketball, credible information surfaced during the time that the football allegations were being actively investigated.

In determining the penalties, the committee considered the university's self-imposed penalties, corrective actions, and cooperation. The committee seriously contemplated imposing a television ban penalty in this case. However, after careful consideration, it ultimately decided that the penalties below adequately respond to the nature of violations and the level of institutional responsibility. The penalties, some of which were self-imposed by the university and adopted by the committee, are below.

Public reprimand and censure.
Four years of probation from June 10, 2010, through June 9, 2014. The public report further details the conditions of this probation.
Postseason ban for the 2009-10 men's basketball season (self-imposed by the university).
Postseason ban for the 2010 and 2011 football seasons.
One-year show-cause penalty for the assistant football coach (June 10, 2010, to June 9, 2011). The public report further details the conditions of this penalty.
Vacation of all wins in which the former football student-athlete competed while ineligible, beginning in December 2004. This vacation includes participation in any postseason competition, including football bowl games.
Vacation of all wins in which the former men's basketball student-athlete competed during the 2007-08 regular season (self-imposed by the university). The committee also stated this vacation must include participation in any post-season competition, conference tournaments and NCAA championships.
Vacation of all wins in which the former women's tennis student-athlete competed while ineligible between November 2006 and May 2009 (self-imposed by the university). The committee also stated this vacation must include participation in any post-season competition, conference tournaments and NCAA championships.
Reduction of football athletics scholarships to 15 initial grants and 75 total grants for each of the 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years. This represents a decrease of 10 scholarships for each of the three seasons.
Reduction of men's basketball athletics scholarships from 13 to 12 for the 2009-10 and 2010-11 academic years (self-imposed by the university).
Reduction of the total number of recruiting days in men's basketball by 20 days (from 130 to 110) for the 2010-11 academic year (self-imposed by the university).
A $5,000 financial penalty (self-imposed by the university).
Remittance of the $206,200 the university received for its participation in the 2008 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Tournament (self-imposed by the university). In addition, the committee noted the university must also forfeit all future distributions scheduled for this appearance.
Disassociation of the former football student-athlete, the former men's basketball student-athlete and the representative who provided extra benefits to the former men's basketball student-athlete. This disassociation includes the refusal of any financial or recruiting assistance, as well as other conditions, which the public report further details.
Release of three men's basketball prospective student-athletes from their letters of intent (self-imposed by the university).
Prohibition of all non-university personnel, including boosters, from traveling on football and men's basketball charters; attending football and men's basketball team practices; attending or participating in any way with university football and men's basketball camps, including donation of funds; and having access to the sidelines and locker rooms for football and men's basketball games. The public report further details appropriate exceptions for these limitations.
The members of the Committee on Infractions who reviewed this case include Paul Dee, lecturer of law and education at the University of Miami and formerly the institution's athletics director and general counsel. He is the chair of the Committee on Infractions. Other members are Britton Banowsky, commissioner of Conference USA; John S. Black, attorney; Melissa Conboy, deputy director of athletics at University of Notre Dame; Brian Halloran, attorney and the manager/general counsel of Painted Hills Wind Developers; Eleanor Myers, faculty athletics representative and law professor at Temple University; Josephine (Jo) R. Potuto, the Richard H. Larson Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Nebraska College of Law; and Dennis Thomas, the commissioner of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference and formerly director of athletics at Hampton University.

dirk digler
06-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Holy shit!

<!-- GOOGLE AD MANAGER GUEST AD CODE --> <!-- message --> DanWetzel (http://twitter.com/danwetzel)
Embargo over, Bloodbath for USC: Vacate 04 BCS title game, all 05 season. 15 scholly limit for next 3 years -- a loss of 30 scholarships

"The committee seriously considered the imposition of a television ban as a penalty in this case ... was a very close call."

Wow they got hammered. USC loses it's national championship. LMAO

Great job Carroll and Bush.

Woodrow Call
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Holy shit!

Holy shit that is harsh.

Basileus777
06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
USC is fucked for the next couple of years, if not longer.

DaKCMan AP
06-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Haha @ Lame Kitten

blaise
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Such a shame a good guy like Lane Kiffin is paying the price for this. Such a shame.

dirk digler
06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Such a shame a good guy like Lane Kiffin is paying the price for this. Such a shame.

Karma is a bitch

blaise
06-10-2010, 01:25 PM
For some reason when I think of all the times Pete Carroll humped his players coming off the field and acting the fool on the sidelines, it just makes this all the more funny.

Basileus777
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Haha @ Lame Kitten

Don't worry, USC is his dream job!

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Better for Oregon especially now that Masoli has opted for the bandit/pot smoking outlaw career path over the NFL.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Funny. Mecca has been taking a beating lately. Wrong about Carrol leaving USC. Wrong about Cushing, and now this...
now you see why Carroll left ... he saw this coming and bailed to avoid the penalty.

The NCAA should penalize Carroll and keep the penalty on file until Carroll comes back to college.

Iowanian
06-10-2010, 02:44 PM
USC left Mecca sucking on a big ole Chili Dog.

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
now you see why Carroll left ... he saw this coming and bailed to avoid the penalty.

The NCAA should penalize Carroll and keep the penalty on file until Carroll comes back to college.

Why come back? Screw the NCAA

blaise
06-10-2010, 02:48 PM

Because so far his record is that he flopped in the NFL as a Head Coach.

the Talking Can
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
usc has title vacated

Carroll = Calipari

dirk digler
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM

I fully expect him to go back to CFB once he gets shit canned by the Seahags

the Talking Can
06-10-2010, 02:55 PM

yup

he should be barred from coaching for a year or two

HemiEd
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
It does unfairly punish the current players. It's going to be very hard for them to collect the cash payments they'd been promised now.
ROFL

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2010, 03:54 PM
NCAA delivers postseason football ban (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5272615)
ESPN.com news services

The University of Southern California has received a two-year bowl ban and a sharp loss of football scholarships in a report on the NCAA's four-year investigation of the school.

The NCAA cited USC for a lack of institutional control Thursday in its long-awaited report, which detailed numerous violations primarily involving Heisman Trophy-winning tailback Reggie Bush and men's basketball player O.J. Mayo.

NCAA report

USC The NCAA released a 67-page report detailing its findings in an investigation of the USC athletic program. Read it here. Report

The violations, which span almost four years, primarily involved "agent and amateurism issues for a former football student-athlete and a former men's basketball student-athlete," the NCAA wrote in its report.

USC said it would appeal portions of the penalty.

"We acknowledge that violations occurred and we take full responsibility for them," said Todd Dickey, USC's senior vice president for administration, in a statement. "However, we sharply disagree with many of the findings in the NCAA Committee on Infractions Report. Further, we feel the penalties imposed are too severe for the violations identified in the report."

The NCAA found that Bush was ineligible beginning at least by December 2004, a ruling that could open discussion on the revocation of his Heisman Trophy. Members of the Heisman Trophy Trust have said they might review Bush's award if he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA.

"The Heisman Trophy Trust will have a comment at the appropriate time," the group said in a statement. "Until that time, it will have no comment."

The NCAA also ordered USC to vacate every victory in which Bush participated while ineligible. USC beat Oklahoma in the BCS championship game on Jan. 4, 2005, and won 12 games during Bush's Heisman-winning 2005 season, which ended with a loss to Texas in the Rose Bowl.

The ruling is a sharp repudiation of the Trojans' decade of success under former coach Pete Carroll, when USC won seven straight Pac-10 titles and two national championships. Carroll left the school for the NFL's Seattle Seahawks in January.

While the bowl ban is the most damaging to new coach Lane Kiffin, USC also will lose 30 scholarships over a three-year period, 10 annually from 2011-13. The Trojans received four years of probation.

The Trojans have been under suspicion for years. The NCAA, the Pac-10 and even the FBI conducted investigations into the Bush family's business relationships and USC's responsibility for the culture around its marquee football team.

USC officials including Garrett and Kiffin appeared before the NCAA infractions committee in February to argue the school's ignorance of Bush's dealings.

The report also criticized "an assistant football coach" known to be running backs coach Todd McNair, putting him on a one-year "show-cause penalty" prohibiting him from recruiting, among other sanctions.

The NCAA condemned McNair's professed ignorance of Bush's dealings with sports marketers Lloyd Lake and Michael Michaels. Each sued Bush in attempts to recoup nearly $300,000 in cash and gifts they say were accepted by Bush's family during his career with the Trojans while they attempted to sign him as their company's first client.

USC reaction

"I have a great love for the University of Southern California and I very much regret the turn that this matter has taken, not only for USC, but for the fans and players," Bush said in a statement.

"I am disappointed by [Thursday's] decision and disagree with the NCAA's findings. If the University decides to appeal, I will continue to cooperate with the NCAA and USC, as I did during the investigation. In the meantime, I will continue to focus on making a positive impact for the University and for the community where I live," Bush said.

USC is the first Football Bowl Subdivision school to be banned from postseason play since Alabama served a two-year ban ending in 2003. The NCAA issued no bowl bans during the tenure of late president Myles Brand, but the NCAA reportedly regained interest in the punishment over the past year.

USC has long been known for its lenient admission policy at football practices, which during Carroll's tenure was open to almost anybody, from movie stars to regular fans. No longer: The NCAA also prohibited all non-university personnel, except media and a few others, from attending practices and camps -- or even standing on the sidelines during games, a favorite pastime of Will Ferrell and other wealthy USC alumni.

The Trojans barely avoided further punishment that would have removed one of the sport's most popular teams from television.

"The committee seriously contemplated imposing a television ban penalty in this case," the report states. "However, after careful consideration, it ultimately decided that the penalties below adequately respond to the nature of violations and the level of institutional responsibility."

The report also condemned the star treatment afforded to Bush and Mayo, saying USC's oversight of its top athletes ran contrary to the fundamental principles of amateur sports.

"The general campus environment surrounding the violations troubled the committee," the report said.

"Elite athletes in high profile sports with obvious great future earnings potential may see themselves as something apart from other student-athletes and the general student population," the NCAA report said. "Institutions need to assure that their treatment on campus does not feed into such a perception."

The NCAA took no further action against the men's basketball team, which had already banned itself from postseason play last spring and vacated its wins from Mayo's only season with the Trojans.

The women's tennis team also was cited in the report for unauthorized phone calls made by a former player, but the NCAA accepted USC's earlier vacation of its wins between November 2006 and May 2009.

In announcing its appeal, USC said it would accept the rulings for men's basketball and women's tennis.

"We will accept those sanctions we believe to be consistent with penalties imposed upon other NCAA member institutions found guilty of similar rules infractions," Dickey said. "We are hopeful that the NCAA Infractions Appeals Committee will agree with our position on appeal, and reduce the penalties."

"There is a systemic problem facing college athletes today: unscrupulous sports agents and sports marketers," Dickey said in the statement. "The question is how do we identify them and keep them away from our student-athletes? To provide us with recommendations about the best way to protect our student-athletes and their families from those who seek to violate the rules, we have retained the Freeh Group, headed by former federal judge and ex-FBI director Louis Freeh.

"Our success in athletics and the outstanding individuals we recruit make our student-athletes an attractive target for those seeking to take unfair advantage of them," Dickey said. "We cannot and will not tolerate this. Our program must set the highest standards in the country. USC deserves that and our 640 student-athletes deserve that."

Dickey said that USC will not comment about specific elements of its position while it is in the appeals process.

"Elite athletes in high profile sports with obvious great future earnings potential may see themselves as something apart from other student-athletes and the general student population," the NCAA report said. "Institutions need to assure that their treatment on campus does not feed into such a perception."

USC already admitted wrongdoing with the basketball program and sanctioned itself, including a ban on postseason participation, a reduction of scholarships and vacating all of its wins from 2007-08.

Floyd is now the head coach at the University of Texas-El Paso.

"We are pleased with today's announcement and the results of the NCAA's report," UTEP athletic director Bob Stull said in a statement. "Tim Floyd has had a nearly 30-year relationship with UTEP and we regard him not only as an outstanding coach, but as an individual of the highest character. I'm sure that Tim is happy to put this behind him and we look forward to him leading our basketball program."

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 03:59 PM
USC left Mecca sucking on a big ole Chili Dog.

Dude Mecca is a Gators fan, everyone knows that!

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
"You got fucked"!

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/feministing/mail.jpg

Pablo
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Dude Mecca is a Gators fan, everyone knows that!Nah man, once you're a USC fan in the midwest; you're a USC fan in the midwest for life.

It's a serious commitment to root for a super-team 2,000 miles away.

God knows I work hard to maintain my Yankees fandom every single day.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Nah man, once you're a USC fan in the midwest; you're a USC fan in the midwest for life.

It's a serious commitment to root for a super-team 2,000 miles away.

God knows I work hard to maintain my Yankees fandom every single day.

Damn, good point!

I bet he was planning on going to a game one day if he ever landed a job!!

the Talking Can
06-10-2010, 04:06 PM
jesus lane kiffen is a dumbass

watching him try to power his brain to form a sentence is fucking painful

OnTheWarpath58
06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
jesus lane kiffen is a dumbass

watching him try to power his brain to form a sentence is fucking painful

Watching ESPN?

It looked like he had tried to memorize some canned answers, and the train of thought derailed a few times.

LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Time for all of the USC hype to transfer back to Miami...

vailpass
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
How hard are they laughing in Tennessee right now?

the Talking Can
06-10-2010, 04:09 PM
bcs has officially vacated usc's title game

there is officially no bcs champion for 2004

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
it's too bad that POS Carroll doesn't have to answer for ANY of this...

Pablo
You just have to shove a couple of $100 bills up his money slot(asshole) and the Lane Kiffen "USC is my dream job" puppet will fire right back up and give all the canned answers and glossy, deer-like stares any media outlet could hope for.

the Talking Can
Watching ESPN?

It looked like he had tried to memorize some canned answers, and the train of thought derailed a few times.

LMAO

yup

he started out with some "usc is powerful" mantra like 3 times....he was just letting the echo inside his hollow skull escape from his mouth

Pablo
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM

there is officially no bcs champion for 2004THEN I'M CLAIMING THAT CHAMPIONSHIP FOR KANSAS.

Eat that frazod.

Basileus777
06-10-2010, 04:13 PM
http://mayobush.com/

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
THEN I'M CLAIMING THAT CHAMPIONSHIP FOR KANSAS.

Eat that frazod.

You must first file the necessary paperwork.

Basileus777
06-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Pete Carroll responds

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT7RvG_FpBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT7RvG_FpBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

the Talking Can
06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Carroll = Calipari

he even lies like him

FD
06-10-2010, 05:27 PM

And the USC "Dynasty" officially won ZERO national championships. Now thats something you can hang your hat on.

DaKCMan AP
06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
How hard are they laughing in Tennessee right now?

All of my Tennessee friends are loving it.

It took them so long to learn when all along I told them Lame Kitten was a giant douchebag.

Chocolate Hog
06-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Eat that frazod.

None BCS schools aren't allowed to win the BCS Championship.

salame
06-10-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/t_26052_06.jpg

we got paid

Frazod
06-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Eat that frazod.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Saul Good
06-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Pete Carroll responds

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT7RvG_FpBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT7RvG_FpBY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Why did they stop filming right before he screamed, "I'm in the NFL now, bitch"?

Frazod
06-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Why did they stop filming right before he screamed, "I'm in the NFL now, bitch"?

The look on his face reminds me of the scene in Eight Men Out where Arnold Rothstein departs the U.S. on a ship, looks back and says "So long, suckers."

BIG_DADDY
06-10-2010, 11:32 PM
The NCAA ripping USC for their conduct is like Bernie Madoff ripping a broker for giving an inappropiate allocation to a client.

BWillie
06-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Hahahahaha. Vacated. I thought this only happened to John Calipari?

ClevelandBronco
06-11-2010, 12:12 AM
...The penalties include four years probation; a two-year football postseason ban; a one-year basketball postseason ban; vacation of regular and postseason wins for all three involved sports; scholarship reductions for football and basketball; and recruiting restrictions for men's basketball. They also include a $5,000 financial penalty; forfeiture of revenue from the 2008 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship Tournament; and limitations for the access granted to boosters and non-university personnel to team charters, sidelines, practices, locker rooms and camps for men's basketball and football. The university must also disassociate itself from three boosters, including the former football and men's basketball student-athletes involved in this case. As a part of this disassociation, the university will not be able to accept financial contribution or other assistance for the athletics department from these individuals or provide them with any benefit and privileges. In addition, the assistant football coach received a one-year show-cause penalty, which prohibits him from engaging in any recruiting activity with prospective student-athletes...

I understand the need to send a message in cases such as this, but the $5,000 penalty is really excessive.

Tribal Warfare
06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
PUBLIC INFRACTIONS REPORT (http://assets.espn.go.com/preview/100610/espn_uscpenalties.pdf)

Smed1065
06-11-2010, 02:43 AM
I lurk but wanted to make sure my favorite fan knew that life is not 1 sided. It takes all kinds and to use his "justice" against him is too much to pass up.

Just wow! We heard his "expertise" for so long with no admittance of errors. I see he has not posted in this thread lately. Wonder why? ROFL

He calls out Chiefs fans but tried to defend his own rose colored glasses.

Karma is a bitch! :spock:

It might be justice for the asshat! I imagine it more like the odds caught up with the lies to himself at this point.

I just had to post this because I know I am his favorite poster. :)~

SCTrojan
06-11-2010, 05:10 AM

A fine point, but the NCAA officially vacated the Orange Bowl victory. The BCS is going to meet to consider vacating the title.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=5273835

Coach
06-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Well, USC got lucky, I'd say. Was thinking SMU style....
Posted via Mobile Device

soopamanluva
06-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Does all this really matter because if they go to the superconfrences, there won't be an NCAA right?

Bwana
06-11-2010, 06:57 AM

:spock:

Sure..........."Bob."

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://rationallythinkingoutloud.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bagdad_bob_large.gif&sa=X&ei=qjISTNXHK4WMNtPo1aoL&ved=0CAQQ8wc4Ag&usg=AFQjCNFTIKKEpMM_k_e1vCEi3-jdlC7BkQ

BigMeatballDave
06-11-2010, 07:23 AM
A fine point, but the NCAA officially vacated the Orange Bowl victory. The BCS is going to meet to consider vacating the title.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/news/story?id=5273835Well, if they vacate that win, why wouldnt they strip the title? Cant have that title without the win.

DaKCMan AP
06-11-2010, 08:43 AM
USC was a great show while it lasted, always loaded with stars and led by a coach who oozed fun. Like more than a few Hollywood productions, it was also out of control, over budget and conducting business under the table.
Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/10/1674117/usc-just-another-failed-hollywood.html#ixzz0qYWGSzkw

Woodrow Call
06-11-2010, 10:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5275644&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_5275644

Transferring juniors, seniors can play

Juniors and seniors to-be on the USC Trojans' football team, hit with a two-year postseason ban among other punishments, will be allowed to transfer to other FBS programs without having to sit out a season, the NCAA clarified to ESPN on Friday.

"The second school would have to submit a waiver asking to waive the year in residence, but NCAA rules allow for this waiver to be granted if a student-athlete's first school has a postseason ban in their sport," NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn said in an e-mail to ESPN's Joe Schad.

The rule does not apply to freshman who have signed national letters of intent, however. But schools with an interest in a USC junior or senior are allowed to initiate contact with the player, Osburn said.

The NCAA threw the book at USC on Thursday with a two-year bowl ban, four years' probation, loss of scholarships and forfeits of an entire year's games for improper benefits to Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush dating to the Trojans' 2004 national championship.

USC was penalized for a lack of institutional control in the ruling by the NCAA following its four-year investigation. The report cited numerous improper benefits for Bush and former basketball player O.J. Mayo, who spent just one year with the Trojans.

The coaches who presided over the alleged misdeeds -- football's Pete Carroll and basketball's Tim Floyd -- left USC in the past year.

The penalties include the loss of 30 football scholarships over three years and vacating 14 victories in which Bush played from December 2004 through the 2005 season.

USC beat Oklahoma in the BCS title game on Jan. 4, 2005, and won 12 games during Bush's Heisman-winning 2005 season, which ended with a loss to Texas in the 2006 BCS title game.

The BCS is likely to force Southern California to vacate its national championship. BCS executive director Bill Hancock says in a statement Thursday that the presidential oversight committee will meet soon to discuss whether USC will be stripped of its title.

If that happens, there will be no BCS champion for the 2004-05 season. Hancock said no action would be taken by the BCS until the appeal is heard.

The NCAA says Bush received lavish gifts from two fledgling sports marketers hoping to sign him. The men paid for everything from hotel stays and a rent-free home where Bush's family apparently lived to a limousine and a new suit when he accepted his Heisman in New York in December 2005.

The NCAA found that Bush, identified as a "former football student-athlete," was ineligible beginning at least by December 2004, a ruling that could open discussion on the revocation of the New Orleans Saints star's Heisman. Members of the Heisman Trust have said they might review Bush's award if he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA.

While the bowl ban is the most damaging to first-year coach Lane Kiffin, who will have to ratchet up his formidable recruiting skills to tempt players with no hope of postseason play before 2012, USC also will lose 30 scholarships over a three-year period, 10 annually from 2011 to '13.

"We've had contact with a number of our signees today, a number of their families," Kiffin said. "We have had great response from them about their excitement about joining our program and continuing USC's championship level of play.

"I told the team, and I made sure they understood, that this is something happening to them that's adversity. Football, we talk about all the time, is about adversity, as is life. Our older players have played in a lot of bowl games. Our fifth-year seniors, a number of them have won a number of bowl games already, have played in three Rose Bowl championships."

USC is the first Football Bowl Subdivision school to be banned from postseason play since Alabama served a two-year ban ending in 2003. The NCAA issued no bowl bans during the tenure of late president Myles Brand, but the NCAA reportedly regained interest in the punishment over the past year.

"The real issue here is if you have high-profile players that your enforcement staff has to monitor," said Paul Dee, chairman of the NCAA's committee on infractions.

"It is extremely likely that the people who are receiving these interactions outside the institution are going to receive a bigger reward," Dee added. "So higher-profile players require higher-profile monitoring."

Otter
06-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Wow

"Getting the Hammer" is not an exaggeration. Ouch!

SCTrojan
06-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Well, if they vacate that win, why wouldnt they strip the title? Cant have that title without the win.

I wasn't addressing the practical implications of the NCAA's decision regarding the Orange Bowl, just the actual fact that the BCS had not made its final decision.

DJ's left nut
06-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Kiffin's drilling a girl with supermodel looks and has more money that I'll ever be able to fathom.

On the basis of...well pretty much nothing.

Hell, he even has 5 years of built in excuses now.

I wish I could be that kind of 'dumbass'...

Chiefs Rool
06-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Kiffin's drilling a girl with supermodel looks and has more money that I'll ever be able to fathom.

On the basis of...well pretty much nothing.

Hell, he even has 5 years of built in excuses now.

I wish I could be that kind of 'dumbass'...

and to think, Al Davis ignited this wild fire that is Lane Kiffin.

PunkinDrublic
06-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I think as a gesture of good will towards the players who lost their scholarships. Reggie Bush should should let them all gang bang Kim Kardashian.

Short Leash Hootie
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Mecca just stole his mom's CC and pre-ordered a Mark Ingram jersey!!

Short Leash Hootie
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I think as a gesture of good will towards the players who lost their scholarships. Reggie Bush should should let them all gang bang Kim Kardashian.

they broke up dummy!

she's banging some fancy soccer player!

PunkinDrublic
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
they broke up dummy!

she's banging some fancy soccer player!

I just saw some magazine cover that said they were back together.

DaKCMan AP
06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...pat&id=5273422 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5273422)

At least USC managed to punish itself for the basketball transgressions. It dug in its heels on football, and you wonder whether that exacerbated the penalty.

Hiring Lane Kiffin was not exactly a iron-willed commitment to clean living. Kiffin was on staff as an offensive assistant when Bush was being showered with agent tribute. And when Kiffin bolted Tennessee after one season, he left behind a string of secondary violations and an ongoing inquiry into some way-off-campus recruiting efforts by Orange Pride hostesses.

"You'd never get anyone [on the Committee on Infractions] to admit it, but it certainly wouldn't help them [hiring Kiffin]," said an expert on NCAA infractions cases. "He has such a reputation, it couldn't have helped."

Despite a late start in recruiting, questions about his own threadbare coaching résumé and the ongoing NCAA investigation, Kiffin went out and signed a great recruiting class. ESPN ranked it No. 7 nationally.

Today, every player who signed with the Trojans has to wonder whether they were sold a bill of goods -- and why they believed it.

According to media reports, Kiffin misled at least one recruit -- superstar offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson. The New York Times reported that Kiffin told Hendersons and his family not to worry about potential NCAA sanctions.

"As far as he's been informed -- he was very, very choosy with his words -- there shouldn't be anything going wrong because there was no knowledge of anything going on by the staff," Henderson's father, Sean, told The Times.

The story continued: "The Hendersons asked Kiffin to be clear about what impact the NCAA might have on the Trojans' football program, Sean Henderson said. Just before Seantrel chose USC on Wednesday, Kiffin reiterated not to listen to others who said the Trojans might face sanctions."

The fact is, Kiffin and everyone else at USC had no way of knowing whether the school was in the clear at that point. To present any different message to recruits was dishonest.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Bane
06-11-2010, 01:52 PM
HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Yep...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
This thread is full of haterz.

Bane
06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
This thread is full of haterz.

Shit! This thread would be 10 pages deeper if it was Texas or Florida.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
06-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Shit! This thread would be 10 pages deeper if it was Texas or Florida.
Posted via Mobile DeviceProbably. We only have one hardcore, annoying as shit USC fan. And only one hardcore, annoying as shit Florida fan; but Texas would be a fun pile-on even though I can't even think of a UT fan on this board.

Bane
06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Probably. We only have one hardcore, annoying as shit USC fan. And only one hardcore, annoying as shit Florida fan; but Texas would be a fun pile-on even though I can't even think of a UT fan on this board.

Agreed.I don't have a fav college team.I follow several teams but have never really just picked one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
06-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Agreed.I don't have a fav college team.I follow several teams but have never really just picked one.
Posted via Mobile DeviceThe Big 12 is fucking exploding. Never a better time than now.

What teams do you follow?

Bane
06-11-2010, 02:15 PM
The Big 12 is fucking exploding. Never a better time than now.

What teams do you follow?

My teams are spread all over. I like BC,Cal,Illinois,Syracuse,Texas Tech,Auburn,and several more.I've just always found it hard to have just 1 team like I do in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
06-11-2010, 02:19 PM
My teams are spread all over. I like BC,Cal,Illinois,Syracuse,Texas Tech,Auburn,and several more.I've just always found it hard to have just 1 team like I do in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile DeviceDamn brah. That is spread out.

The only other NCAA team I have even a faint following interest in is Ohio State; since my family is from Ohio and they're all fucking nuts over the Buckeyes. I like to see them do well because I know it amps them up.

Bane
06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Damn brah. That is spread out.

The only other NCAA team I have even a faint following interest in is Ohio State; since my family is from Ohio and they're all fucking nuts over the Buckeyes. I like to see them do well because I know it amps them up.

Nothing wrong with that at all.I lived in IL for most of my life and have actually been to several IL games years ago.still though I always rooted for Georgia Tech,Pitt,Cinn and all the ones I named before.Hell there's probably 20-25 teams I follow.Not even sure I could pick one if I had to.
Posted via Mobile Device