PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports I'm thinking of hitting my pitcher in the head with a hammer

Saccopoo
06-10-2010, 03:23 AM
The stupid bastard was, literally, lobbing softballs tonight. My regular pitcher was so inebriated that he couldn't throw, so we subbed, and I ended up getting drilled all night long at third base. In fact, I got hit in the shin twice in the same spot, it eventually ruptured the skin and I've got a bleeding contusion that's about two and a half inches high (after three solid hours of ice on it). One was a line drive that never hit the dirt that I thought, literally, it broke my tibia.

Sexy game tonight.

No more individual 12 packs prior to the game I guess.

Jewish Rabbi
06-10-2010, 03:35 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaambulance?

Silock
06-10-2010, 05:07 AM
I ended up getting drilled all night long at third base.

That's what she said!

Demonpenz
06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
ohs noes drinking at softball game.

burt
06-10-2010, 06:16 AM
ohs noes drinking at softball game.

Drinking wasn't the problem.......OVERdrinking was.

BigRedChief
06-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Maybe you are taking this too seriously?

burt
06-10-2010, 06:23 AM
To an abused 3rd baseman.... in a hot spot.....it IS serious.....

threebag02
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Hell quit bitchin and relish in the fact that you had a lot of action. You really need to turn in your man card. Really

Phobia
06-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Hell quit bitchin and relish in the fact that you had a lot of action. You really need to turn in your man card. Really

Heh heh. Methinks that a guy named threebag would know a little something about playing hot corner. You should listen to him Sacockpoo.

ChiTown
06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Are you really a man? Just askin.........

KCUnited
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Softball Guy. In the on deck circle with his $500 bat, trying to time the pitcher, playing every game like its game 7 of the World Series.

doomy3
06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
You realize you are allowed to wear a glove and catch the ball before it gets to your shins, right?

Fish
06-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Even Alex Gordon would have fielded the ball before it hit his shin......

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
You realize you are allowed to wear a glove and catch the ball before it gets to your shins, right?

ROFL

Brock
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM
post a picture of it so I can laugh.

Iowanian
06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Most teams have the foresight to put the Dbag behind the plate, you're definitely catcher material in all senses of the word.

InChiefsHell
06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
WTF? Are you crying? There's no crying in softball!

....I'm with doomy3. A good strategy is to use the glove to catch the ball. It's the prescribed method, you see it on TV all the time...

seclark
06-10-2010, 08:50 AM
maybe things have changed, but when i played we find the weakest player in the field and hit it at them.
sec

GoHuge
06-10-2010, 09:02 AM
WTF? Are you crying? There's no crying in softball!

....I'm with doomy3. A good strategy is to use the glove to catch the ball. It's the prescribed method, you see it on TV all the time...Well yeah but you know what they say about not being able to believe everything you see on TV!!

Sofa King
06-10-2010, 09:18 AM

beat me to it...

Donger
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Question: why do grown-ups play with softballs? Why not just use a baseball?

Iowanian
06-10-2010, 09:20 AM
A Hammer is a Man's Tool. You'd probably be happier scratching him with a low thread count doily.

DrRyan
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
The stupid bastard was, literally, lobbing softballs tonight. My regular pitcher was so inebriated that he couldn't throw, so we subbed, and I ended up getting drilled all night long at third base. In fact, I got hit in the shin twice in the same spot, it eventually ruptured the skin and I've got a bleeding contusion that's about two and a half inches high (after three solid hours of ice on it). One was a line drive that never hit the dirt that I thought, literally, it broke my tibia.

Sexy game tonight.

:spock:

Should he have been lobbing baseballs? Maybe grapefruits instead?

Jordan
06-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Drinking wasn't the problem.......OVERdrinking was.

Drinking wasn't the problem.......POOR athleticism was.

|Zach|
06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
A 12 pack before a softball game on a Wednesday night?

Phobia
06-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Question: why do grown-ups play with softballs? Why not just use a baseball?

For the same reasons we play touch football now:
1. Less injuries
2. Less real estate required - smaller fields.
3. Less equipment.
4. We're all moving a little less quickly than when we were younger so softball helps.
5. Softball can be officiated by one guy - baseball needs 2 minimum.
6. How many organized adult baseball leagues have you seen lately?

06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Change postions if you cant handle the Corner.

Otter
06-10-2010, 11:05 AM
12 pack before a game is pretty impressive. Rep.

DeezNutz
06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Were you most pissed that you weren't hit in the balls, since you hate them?

CHENZ A!
06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Were you most pissed that you weren't hit in the balls, since you hate them?

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger
06-10-2010, 11:10 AM
12 pack before a game is pretty impressive. Rep.

He forgot to mention it was a 12-pack of Zima's

Donger
06-10-2010, 11:19 AM
1. Less injuries
3. Less equipment.
4. We're all moving a little less quickly than when we were younger so softball helps.

Interesting. Thanks.

boogblaster
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
hammer-head pitchers eat mo possum

Gonzo
06-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Good thing the ball didn't hit you a little higher. It could have busted your hymen.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
06-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Somebody needs to start a 'So I was pounding brews and mashing last night and this 3rd baseman for the other team..' thread.

Gonzo
06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Somebody needs to start a 'So I was pounding brews and mashing last night and this 3rd baseman for the other team..' thread.
Or something like:

So, My Dim-Witted 9 year old niece was playing 3rd base last night...
Posted via Mobile Device

alpha_omega
06-10-2010, 11:53 AM
...One was a line drive that never hit the dirt that I thought, literally, it broke my tibia...

Sure it wasn't your labia?

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I love teams that have terrible 3rd baseman...

It's hilarious watching them rack up errors...

People are scared of the ball, it's hilarious...

Fielding a ground ball, especially in slowpitch softball with an all dirt infield, is so fucking easy...

Just keep your eye on the ball the whole way...don't be afraid of the bad hops...it doesn't even hurt that bad...and it doesn't hurt at all until it hits you in the first place!

And 3rd base is an instinct position anyways...so if the ball is hitting you in the shin...perhaps you should be playing 2nd base or catcher...

I got ejected for the first time in my life from a slow pitch softball game last night...I clearly made a diving catch in left center field (a pivotal point of the 2nd game) and it was three outs...I hold the ball up (only one umpire) so he knows that I caught it...I get up...start jogging back in and notice people are running around the bases...so I immediately start asking myself..."there were 2 outs, right??" "Did these guys tag up and was there only 1 out?"

and then the umpire was like..."you trapped it" and then it turned into a shit show and four people from our team got ejected and we had to forfeit the game...

our pitcher launched the ball into the sand volleyball courts...

we got fucked out of about 5 calls...the umpire was making ridiculous calls that made no sense...

first loss of the year...a forfeit in the final inning

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
and it cracks me up about complaining about your pitcher...

it's SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL...what is he supposed to do?

I love the pitchers who try and put spin on the ball or use "tricky" arm motions...

it doesn't work, it isn't effective...and if you can hit, you can hit...

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LOB THE BALL OVER THE PLATE IN SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL...

The people who drive me crazy are the ones who take a strike or look to walk...anyone who enjoys walking in slow pitch softball has definitely sucked at least one dick in their lives.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
UNLESS it's a weekend tournament and there is prize money at stake...

that's the only acceptable time to walk in slow pitch softball

Demonpenz
06-10-2010, 12:05 PM
meh if you can get it over the inside or outside and a player has to adjust it makes a different.

Saccopoo
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM
And I think I have a mild sprain on my right ankle.

I don't think you people understand nor appreciate the gravity and seriousness of the situation.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:09 PM
the ball is coming 20 MPH...

anyone that knows how to play softball can take the ball to any part of the field or up the middle on command and it literally doesn't matter who's pitching or if they have "SICK" location or put "WICKED" spin on the ball...

our pitcher lobs it right over the middle of the plate every single time...we have probably the best defensive slow pitch softball team in our area so unless they are hitting gaps they aren't hitting at all...and we play the old timers with a rover and 3 OF's so they can't dink and dunk us all day, either...

Our biggest problem is our league is a 2 HR max...3rd HR on are all inning ending outs and the player that hits the 3rd, or 4th, or 5th etc... is offensively ejected from the game so every time they come up it's an automatic out...

and we've had that happen about 7 times through 12 games...

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:15 PM
what sucks is my baseball career/softball reputation was crushed on Sunday when I decided to pitch for the first time since I was 20 years old for an EI team...

My season debut/career finale looked like this:

1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 2 K's, 2 ER

1 elbow that will never work again. Threw a guy out at first...next pitch...pop...me...holy shit...tries to throw one more...

Done.

Baseball career = over.

80+ MPH fastball?

Over.

Days in left center? Done.

Can't believe my throwing arm is going to be my weakness now...never thought that would happen...don't know what I was thinking trying to relive my baseball glory days...dumbest thing I've done in a while and I do a lot of dumb things.

Gonzo
06-10-2010, 12:21 PM

I love the pitchers who try and put spin on the ball or use "tricky" arm motions...

The people who drive me crazy are the ones who take a strike or look to walk...anyone who enjoys walking in slow pitch softball has definitely sucked at least one dick in their lives.

Well, not everyone is as athletically gifted as you and your teammates, I'm sure. I played on a softball team a few years ago for one year. I quit playing after I realized that all the teams take the game so seriously that they would literally mope for days after a loss.
I also didn't want to end up a homosexual.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM

LMAO.

Art Vader
06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
pusssssss lol

Omaha
06-10-2010, 12:29 PM
1. Less injuries
3. Less equipment.

7. Baseball is a bit more dangerous when mixed with alcohol

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
It depends on what you're talking about...

Our Wednesday league? We're clearly the best team so it's more about doing ridiculous shit to make everyone laugh...like launching a 400 foot solo shot with 0 outs, 0 on, up 10+ and already hit the 2 HR limit so you end the inning with 0 outs and get offensively ejected...

Nothing like showing up the other team in slow pitch softball!

Now weekend tournaments with $600 entry fees?

I think it's ok to take those a little seriously especially with the prize money at stake...

Restaurant leagues? Anyone who takes those serious are huge fucking tool bags...same with coed.

Out of the 12 teams in our Wednesday league...it's quite clear who takes things the least serious...but that's also because we're probably a little too good to be in the Wednesday 2 HR league...but most of us were busy for the Thursday 5 HR leagues...

Pablo
Play left center and cover some ground then puss.

You won't ever get hit in the shin out there unless you're just plain un-athletic.

Pablo
Play left center and cover some ground then puss.

You won't ever get hit in the shin out there unless you're just plain un-athletic.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:39 PM
LMAO.

So the one stroke off on our team we let pitch...it makes no sense...dude was a stud basketball/football player...but for some reason, baseball is a different beast. He has ZERO baseball talent whatsoever...but he's our friends, so of course we let him on the team...

Anyways the team we played knew they were clearly inferior to us so their gameplan was to walk...and walk...and walk. Which is understandable, because they knew that was their only chance...

I think it's gay as hell, but whatever.

Anyways...I DH'd for an inning to watch my nephew for my BIL...and I sat behind the plate and watched his pitches go...

if the ball hits the plate, it's a ball...even though I personally think a flat pitch that is coming in towards the middle of the plate is the EASIEST fucking pitch to hit in the books...and that's all this kid throws...flat/beautiful/100% hittable pitches...

so this stroke off looking kid with eye black/baseball pants (anyone who wears real baseball pants to softball is automatically a huge doucher)/arm bands...the whole package...he takes ball 2, ball 3...and then our pitcher throws a BEAUTIFUL pitch...right down the middle...flat as could be...a slow pitch DREAM pitch...I'd take it over the right field fence 9 times out of 10...so pretty...

and it NICKS the back of the plate for ball 4...

and the dude at the plate looks DISGUSTED with our pitcher and says "why don't you learn how to throw strikes so we can hit!"

Oh man...

it was hysterical.

and if I were an umpire...the back part of the plate would be an automatic strike every single time...I would never let teams PLAYING SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL plan an entire game around walking.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
getting hit in the shin at 3rd base (repeatedly) is really confusing to me...

unless you're standing straight up and trying to olay the ball in front of you or something...

I could see getting hit in the chest/the balls/the face...that all makes sense and happens on bad hops or hard hit balls...

but the shin?

That just puts hilarious images in my head of non-baseball players trying to play on of the few "you better have some sort of talent or you're fucked!" positions in softball...

3B/SS/LC and Left are basically the positions where you better know what's going on or you're going to look like an asshole.

Pablo
06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I swing at bad pitches in slow pitch softball if I don't get a good one the first time.

Know why? It's slow pitch softball, the ball's moving like 25 mph. You can reach out of the zone and still take the ball wherever you want to because it's moving so fucking slow.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM
seriously...

weekend tournaments I play in 3rd base is like...horrifying. I saw a dude get drilled so hard in the nuts by a ball that got LASERED right at him it shattered his cup...

EVERYONE where's a mouth piece when they play 3rd base in tournament play...it's fucking scary.

Softballs getting hit 110 MPH and you're standing 60 feet away...you better be on your fucking toes.

DeezNutz
06-10-2010, 12:44 PM
The only challenge in slow pitch softball is not popping up. Beyond this, it's a fucking joke, and people who take it seriously need to find better outlets.

Pablo
06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
3B/SS/LC and Left are basically the positions where you better know what's going on or you're going to look like an asshole.Those are the only positions to play in slowpitch; because that's where the action is 80% of the time.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I swing at bad pitches in slow pitch softball if I don't get a good one the first time.

Know why? It's slow pitch softball, the ball's moving like 25 mph. You can reach out of the zone and still take the ball wherever you want to because it's moving so ****ing slow.

I swing at the first pitch 95% of the time...as long as it isn't high...I'm left-handed and us left handers like flat pitches in front of the plate...I have no problem with inside or out...but pitchers who know me don't pitch me outside because they know I'll take it right back up the middle and I don't give a shit if it's considered "bush league" to drill the pitcher...

Don't pitch it outside if you don't want to be in the line of fire...I drilled the pitcher yesterday and he glared at me...didn't pitch it outside the rest of the day...

of course I also get the Papi shift every at bat...because of my absolute refusal to take the ball to left field...

still I have it good...I always get the inferior OF's since I'm left handed...it's easy to find gaps in right/right center

KCUnited
06-10-2010, 12:48 PM
I go into 2nd hard because I play the game the right way.

Pablo
06-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I go into 2nd hard because I play the game the right way.LMAO

If you're in my way I'm a motherfucking freight train and I will WRECK YOUR SHIT to beat out that throw. Come correct at second or get sent out in a stretcher.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Those are the only positions to play in slowpitch; because that's where the action is 80% of the time.

Definitely in leagues...

not so much in tournaments...because the best hitters are the ones who place the ball wherever they want...and generally that means going towards right field...

we like to play with 3 OF's and one rover in leagues against teams that feature those hitters

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:51 PM
I go into 2nd hard because I play the game the right way.

that's another thing that I would do every time...

when someone hits a DP ball in slow pitch and I'm going to 2nd...

A) I don't slide
B) I get the fuck out of the way of the throw...

The people who keep running straight and don't slide I would drill right in the chest/face every single time for being that fucking dense.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:52 PM
two times this year our SS has almost decapitated someone with a throw...he hit one guy and the dumbass umpire didn't even call interference...

KCUnited
06-10-2010, 12:53 PM
that's another thing that I would do every time...

when someone hits a DP ball in slow pitch and I'm going to 2nd...

A) I don't slide
B) I get the **** out of the way of the throw...

The people who keep running straight and don't slide I would drill right in the chest/face every single time for being that ****ing dense.
I'm spikes up in my Tuesday nights.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm spikes up in my Tuesday nights.

those rubber spikes are a bitch!

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
oh another thing that makes me laugh:

people who tag up at 1st base.

KCUnited
06-10-2010, 12:56 PM
those rubber spikes are a bitch!
Corporate Challenge '05ish, sent some St. Luke's pussy to his own ER.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 12:59 PM
there should be peg outs in SPS

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 02:11 PM

That's what I was thinking. Maybe he is in a fast-pitch girls league?

Anyway, regardless of whether it's slow pitch or fast pitch, I have no idea how the pitcher could cause a third baseman's shins to get hit with the ball.

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
(anyone who wears real baseball pants to softball is automatically a huge doucher)

why?

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
why?

Meh.

It's slow pitch softball...where shorts. No need to slide.

threebag02
06-10-2010, 04:47 PM
You got any hot chicks on your team or do you all look like bulldogs?

threebag02
06-10-2010, 04:48 PM
I assume it's a chick league.

RedNeckRaider
06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
maybe things have changed, but when i played we find the weakest player in the field and hit it at them.
sec

No shit!
I also find the guys that take softball so serious amusing. Your at the local watering hole tossing back some frostys and in walks the softball guys dressed like MLB players :rolleyes: They talk all loud and pump fists over the great feats performed during the game. Heck my competing at sports days are behind me and the only thing close to a sport I do now is throw darts. You don't get hurt playing darts :D I see nothing wrong with a bunch of past their prime guys playing softball for fun and competing hard to win when they play. I do however find the guys sporting full gear and taking SOFTBALL serious pathtic and amusing~

CaliforniaChief
06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
The stupid bastard was, literally, lobbing softballs tonight. My regular pitcher was so inebriated that he couldn't throw, so we subbed, and I ended up getting drilled all night long at third base.

Sexy game tonight.

Welcome to the Planet, Mr. Callaspo. Good news...Montgomery and Duffy are on the way.

VAChief
06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
No shit!
I also find the guys that take softball so serious amusing. Your at the local watering hole tossing back some frostys and in walks the softball guys dressed like MLB players :rolleyes: They talk all loud and pump fists over the great feats performed during the game. Heck my competing at sports days are behind me and the only thing close to a sport I do now is throw darts. You don't get hurt playing darts :D I see nothing wrong with a bunch of past their prime guys playing softball for fun and competing hard to win when they play. I do however find the guys sporting full gear and taking SOFTBALL serious pathtic and amusing~

There are men's hardball leagues now in most metro areas if they want something more competitive. A lot of ex college players and some minors level players end up playing there. It always used to crack me up the studs who would come out expecting to hit like they did in the slow pitch leagues and fine that goofy big hitch doesn't really work well in hard ball.

"Real men play hard." :)

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Meh.

It's slow pitch softball...where shorts. No need to slide.

What kind of gay asshole doesn't slide? I suppose there's no need to attempt to catch balls hit at your shins either?

Count Zarth
06-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I got hit in the throat by a softball once, playing third base.

I thought I was doing to die of asphyxiation.

threebag02
06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
We were playing these asshats that had everything down to matching shoes. They were talkin a bunch of shit cause we were just out to drink and scope the hot chicks. This douche gets up To bat and I play third base about as deep as the pitcher he tried to kill it I snatched the bitch off the ground ran in and tagged him at home plate. He probably went home and posted some thread about how he hated being a man. So your not the first.

Phobia
06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I got hit in the throat by a softball once, playing third base.

I thought I was doing to die of asphyxiation.

You might have been standing near 3rd but there's not a chance you were playing the position. I've seen your athleticism up close and personal.

DeezNutz
06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
What kind of gay asshole doesn't slide? I suppose there's no need to attempt to catch balls hit at your shins either?

This one.

If you think I'm sliding in slow pitch softball, you're fucking nuts. And I see no relationship between this and my willingness to field balls that are hit at me.

Count Zarth
06-10-2010, 08:27 PM
You might have been standing near 3rd but there's not a chance you were playing the position. I've seen your athleticism up close and personal.

Actually I'm a decent athlete. Very good hand-eye coordination. It's sad my parents didn't encourage me to pursue sports as a youth.

Phobia
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Actually I'm a decent athlete. Very good hand-eye coordination. It's sad my parents didn't encourage me to pursue sports as a youth.

I'll bet Saulbadguy could beat you at every game involving a round object.

Count Zarth
06-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I'll bet Saulbadguy could beat you at every game involving a round object.

Nah. Even when I was fat, I used to shock people with my quick feet.

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 08:52 PM

difference between diving for balls and sliding into 2nd base...

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
difference between diving for balls and sliding into 2nd base...

What do you do if they throw to the guy covering the base then? Just concede the out?

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 09:09 PM
What do you do if they throw to the guy covering the base then? Just concede the out?

If the throw is going to beat me, then yes...

This only applies on force outs because I would never try and stretch a double into a triple in slow pitch softball...

That's just douchey...

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM

This only applies on force outs because I would never try and stretch a double into a triple in slow pitch softball...

That's just douchey...

Are you Jose Guillen?

Short Leash Hootie
06-10-2010, 09:18 PM
whatever baseball pants wearing slide into 2nd to break up a double play slowpitch softball player

teedubya
06-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Are you gonna add this as another thing that you HATE about being a man?

thurman merman
06-10-2010, 09:46 PM
whatever baseball pants wearing slide into 2nd to break up a double play slowpitch softball player

I really don't see your point. You whine about people who take walks, but you won't even hustle or slide? What's the difference? They both seem equally gay to me.

CHENZ A!
06-10-2010, 10:04 PM
fuck if I'm sliding in a slow pitch game. Maybe if there was a play at the plate in the last inning or something. I'll dive for a catch all day though.

Phobia
06-10-2010, 10:27 PM

That's just douchey...

Or maybe it's just competing.

Phobia
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
**** if I'm sliding in a slow pitch game. Maybe if there was a play at the plate in the last inning or something. I'll dive for a catch all day though.

Yeah - I'm not chewing up my legs much - unless I've made a base-running error and it's a tight game. I've slid plenty in my day but I'm nearly 40 years old. I don't have time to nurse mangled legs nor the inclination to take that risk any longer. I've known way too many guys who have broken legs, torn up ligaments, or suffered dislocations sliding. I have to work for a living. I can't afford to take 6-8 weeks off because of a recreational choice.

Rooster
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Anyone else starting their softball seasons? Will your team be good or suck ass? :shrug:

Sofa King
05-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Fast pitch Amateur baseball. started a month and a half ago... we should be pretty decent. picked up a couple good players this year.

Rooster
05-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Fast pitch Amateur baseball. started a month and a half ago... we should be pretty decent. picked up a couple good players this year.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Is it a younger crowd that plays? How many teams are in the league?

Phobia
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
We have a decent team if we can bring everybody out. We play Sunday league for fun and everybody shows up so we stomp. Been playing a couple Saturday tourneys with 3-4 fill-ins and we get killed.

pr_capone
05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
The stupid bastard was, literally, lobbing softballs tonight. My regular pitcher was so inebriated that he couldn't throw, so we subbed, and I ended up getting drilled all night long at third base. In fact, I got hit in the shin twice in the same spot, it eventually ruptured the skin and I've got a bleeding contusion that's about two and a half inches high (after three solid hours of ice on it). One was a line drive that never hit the dirt that I thought, literally, it broke my tibia labia.

FYP

-King-
05-18-2011, 03:31 PM

I miss this guy.

Sofa King
05-18-2011, 03:33 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun. Is it a younger crowd that plays? How many teams are in the league?

Not too many teams left.. but we play alot of non-league games.

our oldest guy is 31 i believe, but most are mid 20's. only one under 21.

Bump
05-18-2011, 03:38 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/JtTTh.gif

Brock
05-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Softball guy will never not be funny.