PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Crysis 2 (360/PS3/PC)

Cave Johnson
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM
Releases December 7th, can't wait.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNO8YVL2TIc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNO8YVL2TIc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Otter
06-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Was the first one any good?

Cave Johnson
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM

Oh yeah. Metacritic rated it at 91%. You probably haven't heard about it because it was PC only and had pretty steep hardware requirements.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Might be the only PC sequel in history that will require less hardware to run than the first game.

Otter
06-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh yeah. Metacritic rated it at 91%. You probably haven't heard about it because it was PC only and had pretty steep hardware requirements.

Been a pretty hardcore PC platform only gamer for years just never played Cyris. I spent about $60 on Far Cry was sorely disappointed and never went down the single player FPS again. Started getting into games like BattleField (2 to Bad Company), Call of Duty (the early versions), Team Fortress and games of that genre.

I do have a Wii but it serves mainly as a drinking game during Tiger Woods Golf & bowling, the kids play Wii Resort when they come over and serves as a Netflix medium for steaming videos.

May have to check out the first one if I can pick it up through Steam or if maybe the DRM isn't ridiculous off Amazon. Steam and Me have a nice relationship going as far as DRM is concerned and I plan to stick with them and little else as far as PC games.

QuikSsurfer
06-14-2010, 03:38 PM

It was pretty to look at.

Cave Johnson
06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Been a pretty hardcore PC platform only gamer for years just never played Cyris. I spent about $60 on Far Cry was sorely disappointed and never went down the single player FPS again. Started getting into games like BattleField (2 to Bad Company), Call of Duty (the early versions), Team Fortress and games of that genre.

I do have a Wii but it serves mainly as a drinking game during Tiger Woods Golf & bowling, the kids play Wii Resort when they come over and serves as a Netflix medium for steaming videos.

May have to check out the first one if I can pick it up through Steam or if maybe the DRM isn't ridiculous off Amazon. Steam and Me have a nice relationship going as far as DRM is concerned and I plan to stick with them and little else as far as PC games.

I haven't played Crysis, so I can't comment on the similarities, but it and Far Cry were both developed by Crytek.

Tell me you've at least played Half Life 2, the Citizen Kane of FPS'.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2010, 03:48 PM

Crysis is 50% off steam TODAY ONLY.

Saulbadguy
06-14-2010, 03:49 PM
It was pretty to look at.

:rolleyes:

Pants
06-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Crysis was a lot of fun to play. Awesome, non-stop buildup in the story with an amazing peak at the end. Best looking game ever made, too. It's no Half-Life, but it's still amazing.

Otter
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I haven't played Crysis, so I can't comment on the similarities, but it and Far Cry were both developed by Crytek.

Tell me you've at least played Half Life 2, the Citizen Kane of FPS'.

Played both HL I and II. I just don't like playing against AI (although it's getting better) because I always find ways to "fool" the game. Competing against human intel far more challenging.

I'd rate both HL I & II 3.5 out of 5 stars. Great games just don't like the player vs computer thing too much.

Pants
06-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Played both HL I and II. I just don't like playing against AI (although it's getting better) because I always find ways to "fool" the game. I find competing against human intel far more challenging.

I'd rate both HL I & II 3.5 out of 5 stars. Great games just don't like the player vs computer thing.

I don't think it was about the challenge as much as being thrust into an imaginary situation in an imaginary setting and having fun with it. MP is fun because it's competitive, I agree. But SP FPS campaigns that are actually good are very few and should be cherished. Just my opinion of course as everything is a matter of taste.

Otter
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't think it was about the challenge as much as being thrust into an imaginary situation in an imaginary setting and having fun with it. MP is fun because it's competitive, I agree. But SP FPS campaigns that are actually good are very few and should be cherished. Just my opinion of course as everything is a matter of taste.

Absolutely loved Bioshock and have Deep Space but haven't gotten into it yet because of the weather being so nice. I agree with you that they are cool but as far as longevity and challenge nothing beats a game like Bad Company 2 or Team Fortress.

Like you said, personal preference.

Pants
06-14-2010, 04:58 PM
I agree with you that they are cool but as far as longevity and challenge nothing beats a game like Bad Company 2.

No doubt. I'm not trying to compare MP and SP because they bring two very different things to the table. Half-Life was amazing in SP but the MP sucked balls (until the CS mod, obviously). Halo's campaign is absolute garbage, but the MP was a blast.

Guru
07-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh yeah. Metacritic rated it at 91%. You probably haven't heard about it because it was PC only and had pretty steep hardware requirements.Hell my brand new rig with an AMD Athlon II X3 core processor and a ATI 5750 HD graphics card can only handle the high settings. It can run the Very High settings but there are frame rate issues if I do that.

Could anyone even run Crysis at max settings on its release date?

I just started playing the original Crysis and the graphics are insanely good for a 3 year old game. Impressive as hell.

It will take me a while to get used to keyboard and mouse again. Especially using a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Looking forward to Crysis 2 on the PS3 though. Of course, if I get good with the keyboard and mouse and my PC can still run the sequel at high settings I might just do the PC.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Hell my brand new rig with an AMD Athlon II X3 core processor and a ATI 5750 HD graphics card can only handle the high settings. It can run the Very High settings but there are frame rate issues if I do that.

Could anyone even run Crysis at max settings on its release date?

I just started playing the original Crysis and the graphics are insanely good for a 3 year old game. Impressive as hell.

It will take me a while to get used to keyboard and mouse again. Especially using a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Looking forward to Crysis 2 on the PS3 though. Of course, if I get good with the keyboard and mouse and my PC can still run the sequel at high settings I might just do the PC.

If you can run Crysis at high settings, you'll have no problem running the sequel at high settings. The sequel won't be as graphically impressive as the first one, IMO.

Guru
07-07-2010, 03:24 PM
If you can run Crysis at high settings, you'll have no problem running the sequel at high settings. The sequel won't be as graphically impressive as the first one, IMO.

They are on the record that the graphics will be even better while it will be less of a system drainer. Don't know how they can achieve both but I guess we will see.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 03:41 PM
They are on the record that the graphics will be even better while it will be less of a system drainer. Don't know how they can achieve both but I guess we will see.

Heh. Common sense dictates it won't look better, seeing as it's being developed for PC, PS3 and 360.

Count Alex's Wins
07-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Still haven't played the original, or warhead. They're sitting on my steam.

Guru
07-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Heh. Common sense dictates it won't look better, seeing as it's being developed for PC, PS3 and 360.
meh. Screw common sense. :thumb:

Guru
07-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Man, I hate this having to pull the trigger for every damned shot. I can't find a setting that allows me to just hold the trigger to shoot. What am I missing here? Saul?

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Man, I hate this having to pull the trigger for every damned shot. I can't find a setting that allows me to just hold the trigger to shoot. What am I missing here? Saul?

IIRC the pistol can do 2 shot burst or single shot. Get a better weapon?

Guru
07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
IIRC the pistol can do 2 shot burst or single shot. Get a better weapon?

This isn't my pistol though. this is the weapon you start the game with. It started out allowing me several shots then I put on the silencer and it went to single shot. When I took the silencer back off it stayed single shot.

I'm not too far into the game so I might just start over and avoid the silencer.

Saulbadguy
07-07-2010, 09:37 PM
This isn't my pistol though. this is the weapon you start the game with. It started out allowing me several shots then I put on the silencer and it went to single shot. When I took the silencer back off it stayed single shot.

I'm not too far into the game so I might just start over and avoid the silencer.

Been awhile since I played it - came out in 2007...

Guru
07-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Been awhile since I played it - came out in 2007...

No biggie. I'll just start over. Maybe it was just some weird glitch. Thanks though.:thumb:

Cave Johnson
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
MP preview out today.... graphics are boss.

http://kotaku.com/5614988/this-is-crysis-2-multiplayer-in-action

Pants
08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
No biggie. I'll just start over. Maybe it was just some weird glitch. Thanks though.:thumb:

LOL. It's not a glitch. Just like actual modern weapons, you can select the fire mode: 1 shot, 3 round burst or full auto. Go to options and see what it's configured under. IIRC it's the "F" button, could be wrong, though.

Buck
11-15-2010, 09:08 PM
What the fuck? Looking up games for my new computer and this shit (Crysis) is still $30 on Steam. Its been out for over 2 years, wtf?

Guru
11-15-2010, 09:38 PM
What the ****? Looking up games for my new computer and this shit (Crysis) is still $30 on Steam. Its been out for over 2 years, wtf?

Try 4 years.

Buck
11-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Try 4 years.

Says Sept 2008 on Steam

Count Alex's Wins
11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Its pretty badass.

It'll be on sale for Black Friday probably though. I think I got it for like 9.99.

And you can always learn to pirate. :evil:

Guru
11-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Says Sept 2008 on SteamI was off by one year. The game itself released in November 2007. It didn't become available on Steam until 2008 though.

Buck
11-16-2010, 01:09 AM
I was off by one year. The game itself released in November 2007. It didn't become available on Steam until 2008 though.

Okay, so was I.

Cave Johnson
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
MP demo drops next week (1/25), but is 360 exclusive.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/21/crysis-2-multiplayer-demo-hitting-xbox-live-exclusively-on-jan/

Von Dumbass
01-26-2011, 02:27 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QlZZxG_EbNA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IXM4WEcsGAA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Guru
01-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Jesus, that review would be better if the guy just plain didn't speak.

Von Dumbass
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Jesus, that review would be better if the guy just plain didn't speak.

Yeah I don't like his intro at all but the rest of it isn't too bad if you just want to know what the game is like.

Here is another review from a different person.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/09-So2uQJ4k" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Guru
01-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Yeah I don't like his intro at all but the rest of it isn't too bad if you just want to know what the game is like.

Here is another review from a different person.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/09-So2uQJ4k" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>It's not just his intro. He just keeps saying the same shit over and over. I don't think he made any notes at all. Just wanted to wing it and try to sound cool.

Guru
01-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Now that new review you linked is much more informative.

Cave Johnson
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Day 1 purchase for me.

Third Eye
01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Day 1 purchase for me.

It was for me until I played the mp demo. Now it's a day one rental.

Cave Johnson
01-26-2011, 04:03 PM
It was for me until I played the mp demo. Now it's a day one rental.

No good?

Third Eye
01-27-2011, 01:17 AM
No good?

I'm sure the single player will still be great, but the MP just feels off. Granted, this is supposedly just beta code so there is still hope. First off, it's an absolute COD clone, which I suppose I don't really have a problem with, but if you're going to do it, try and improve on it. Instead it feels like COD, but a step back. Second, the controls are sluggish and movement isn't fluid at all, which it needs to be in a game where split seconds matter. Third, it is fairly evident that there is going to be alot of people crouching in cloak waiting for people to run by and get one hit melees which will annoy the living shit out of me. Fourth, and probably my biggest fault with the game, no hit markers. I can be long ranging someone and I have absolutely no idea if I'm hitting them. That is almost unforgiveable in an online game these days. How do you adjust for lag if you have no idea if you are connecting? Additionally there are some other issues with game connectivity and some glitches, but I think those will more than likely be ironed out. I also don't like the layout of the map in the beta/demo but that's a rather small sample to judge by.

On the positive side, it looks real pretty.

The game is getting pretty well blasted on all the forums right now.

Bump
01-27-2011, 03:20 PM
the MP demo sucks ass. COD meets Halo Reach and it feels like a game that came out in the year 2000

Blankey
03-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Well, after about 6+ hours of the single player I can say this might be the best FPS I've played since CoD4
Just an awesome game.

Von Dumbass
03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, after about 6+ hours of the single player I can say this might be the best FPS I've played since CoD4
Just an awesome game.

How do you have a copy of it already?

Blankey
03-19-2011, 02:59 PM
How do you have a copy of it already?

I have modded 360. Yes I know I'm an asshole.

As for the graphics, there's some jaggies and some pop-up, but for the most part it looks great. Very solid framerate.

Von Dumbass
03-22-2011, 11:33 AM
You can get Crysis 2 for 49.99 at newegg.com if you use these promotional codes...

PS3- EMCKGHH88
XBOX- EMCKGHH87
PC- EMCKGHH86

http://promotions.newegg.com/neemail/mar-0-2011/48hour22/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL032211&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL032211-_-EMC-032211-Index-_-E0-_-EL#EL

Von Dumbass
03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oi2O0lqvp-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck
03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
That looks badass.

Detoxing
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I LOVED the first game. Thought it was awesome. My favorite game. However, it was on PC when I played it.

Not sure about playing it on PS3

Saulbadguy
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Might be the only PC sequel in history that will require less hardware to run than the first game.

Looks like I was correct. Crappy console port is crappy.

Von Dumbass
03-22-2011, 05:30 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qRU8tdzt4t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump
03-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Looks like I was correct. Crappy console port is crappy.

it;s not a port, it was made for consoles.

Pants
03-22-2011, 07:24 PM

I think he's saying that's why it's limited on PC, unlike the first one, which pretty much had graphics without a limit for years. You could literally keep upgrading your computer for 2 years and keep getting better graphics.

Saulbadguy
03-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Exactly - which is why the graphics are weaksauce compared to the first.

Bump
03-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Exactly - which is why the graphics are weaksauce compared to the first.

that is true, but the graphics are still pretty good. The maps are awesome!

tyton75
03-23-2011, 06:44 AM
How is the multiplayer? thinking of moving away from Black Ops for a while but I love the multiplayer games.

Cave Johnson
03-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Amazon has this for $54 plus a $10 credit, FYI.

Von Dumbass
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Got this from Gamefly today and I am pretty sure that the multiplayer is free in this game. It just let me hop in and I haven't seen anything so far that tells me to enter a code or tells me how much time I have left in multiplayer. Kinda surprising since it's an EA game....

The controls aren't as smooth as COD but they aren't too bad... Good enough for a fast paced shooter anyways. I think the nano suit with the armor/cloak abilities can be a bit annoying, especially the cloak. Probably going to use the perk that lets you see cloaked enemies easier on all of my classes.

I like it so far though... Probably won't be playing Homefront for a while.

Von Dumbass
03-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Seems like they did a really good job making this game for the PS3. I had nothing but problems with the matchmaking and lag in Black Ops and Homefront early on. I've only played about two hours though...

Von Dumbass
03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
This game is bad ass once you get used to using the nano suit properly.

Von Dumbass
03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
If you don't have Crysis 2 you are really missing out on an extremely fun game. I haven't had this much fun playing a FPS since Modern Warfare 2 came out.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2011, 02:22 PM
If you don't have Crysis 2 you are really missing out on an extremely fun game. I haven't had this much fun playing a FPS since Modern Warfare 2 came out.

Raiduhs

Von Dumbass
03-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Raiduhs

Seriously?

Are you a PC gamer or what because the only people that are trashing this game so far are hardcore PC gamers.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Seriously?

Are you a PC gamer or what because the only people that are trashing this game so far are hardcore PC gamers.

I'm not a hardcore PC gamer but I am a PC gamer. I also own a PS3, 360, Wii and a variety of other handhelds and such.

Not a fan of developers selling out, never have been.

Von Dumbass
03-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm not a hardcore PC gamer but I am a PC gamer. I also own a PS3, 360, Wii and a variety of other handhelds and such.

Not a fan of developers selling out, never have been.

What is so bad about releasing this game on consoles too?

I really don't know what the main complaint from the PC community is...

Saulbadguy
03-24-2011, 02:36 PM
What is so bad about releasing this game on consoles too?

I really don't know what the main complaint from the PC community is...

The main complaint is that the game looks like shit compared to the first.

Von Dumbass
03-24-2011, 03:11 PM
List of all the modules (perks) and what they do once you get the "pro" version...

Armor:

- Air Stomp (Perform a powerful downwards attack when in the air)
2ed- No damage suffered from falling long distances
3ed- Faster recovery after Air Stomp attacks

- Proximity Alarm (Automatic warning when an enemy is nearby)
2ed- Increased warning frequency when an enemy is nearby
3ed- Maximum warning frequency when an enemy is nearby

- Armor Enhance (Reduces drain speed of energy in Armor mode)
2ed- Increases movement speed in armor mode
3ed- Protects against the Nanosuit Jammer bonus

- Threat Tracer (Highlights incoming bullet paths)
2ed- Highlights incoming grenades
3ed- Highlights nearby explosives

- Nano Recharge (Faster health recharge)
2ed- Faster suit energy recharge
3ed- Shorter delay before health starts "recharging"(what the game says)

- Detonation Delay (Delays the detonation of nearby enemy grenades)
2ed- Delays the detonation of enemy explosives
3ed- Provides an automatic defense against missile attacks

- Energy Transfer (Restores 50% energy with each kill)
2ed- Restores additional Nanosuit energy with each kill
3ed- Restores full Nanosuit energy with each kill

Stealth:

- Stealth Endurance (Faster transition in and out of stealth)
2ed- No shadow cast in Stealth mode
3ed- Reduces energy drain in Stealth mode

- Covert Ops (Suppresses the sound of footsteps)
2ed- Provides protection from the Ceph Airstrike bonus
3ed- Enemy footsteps are louder within range

- Cloak Tracker (Identifies when enemies enter Stealth mode nearby)
2ed- Increases the visibility of cloaked enemies
3ed- Maximum visibility of cloaked enemies

- Jammer (Scrambles the radar of enemies within a 10m range)
2ed- Provides protection against enemy Radar Jammer attacks
3ed- Scrambles the radar of enemies within an increased range

- Blind Spot (Provides protection from the Maximum Radar bonus)
2ed- Provides protection from enemy tagging
3ed- Become less visible to enemies in Nano Vision

- Tracker (Highlights the footsteps of nearby enemies)
2ed- Highlights enemy routs with direction
3ed- Highlights enemy routes with increased frequency

- Visor Enhance (Highlights enemies through weapon scopes)
2ed- Provides protection against flash bang grenades
3ed- Reduces energy cost of Nano Vision

Power:

- Side Pack (Allows an additional magazine of primary ammunition to be carried)
2ed- Allows an additional grenade or explosive to be carried
3ed- Allows additional attachment ammunition to be carried

- Weapon Pro (Faster weapon reloading)
2ed- Faster aiming down sights
3ed- Faster switching between weapons

- Aim Enhance (Decreases weapon recoil when aiming down sights)
2ed- Reduces aim shake from explosions
3ed- Increases mobility when aiming down sights

- Loadout Pro (Allows a primary weapon to be carried in place of a secondary)
2ed- Removes the weight penalty from weapon attachments
3ed- Increases mobility speed when carrying heavy weapons

- Rapid Fire (Faster fire rate on primary weapons)
2ed- Faster fire rate on secondary weapons
3ed- Faster fire rate on mounted weapons(I don't know if it is referring to HMG or weapon attachments)

- Point Fire Enhance (Reduces the spread of primary weapons when firing from the hip)
2ed- Reduces the spread of secondary weapons when shooting from the hip
3ed- Reduces the spread of mounted weapons when shooting from the hip

- Mobility Enhance (Reduces energy drain from sprinting and jumping)
2ed- Increases ledge grab speed
3ed- Faster firing after sprinting

- Retriever (Automatically collect dog tags from fallen enemies)
2ed- Support Bonuses require one less Dog Tag to activate
3ed- Support Bonuses remain active "for" longer

Von Dumbass
03-24-2011, 03:14 PM
I've been using Armor Enhance, Covert Ops, and Aim Enhance but as soon as I unlock Cloak Tracker and Retriever I will probably use those...

Von Dumbass
03-24-2011, 03:16 PM
The main complaint is that the game looks like shit compared to the first.

The graphics look amazing on console. They are supposed to be releasing a patch for DX11 sometime....

Bump
03-24-2011, 03:40 PM
This game is the Bees Knees

Saulbadguy
03-24-2011, 08:10 PM
The graphics look amazing on console. They are supposed to be releasing a patch for DX11 sometime....

Wont help. They will need a very large high res texture pack.

Guru
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Wont help. They will need a very large high res texture pack.

so they really dumbed down the PC version for the consoles? geez that sucks.

Saulbadguy
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
so they really dumbed down the PC version for the consoles? geez that sucks.

QuikSsurfer
03-25-2011, 09:41 AM
So 360 owners, is this game worth $60? I'm mostly interested in the SP campaign.

Pants
03-25-2011, 09:55 AM

LMAO

That is a fucking joke. Wow.

Saulbadguy
03-25-2011, 10:03 AM
LMAO

That is a fucking joke. Wow.

Thankfully, more options are available through console commands.

But, that won't fix shitty textures. The only way they could salvage this game is with a DX11 patch AND high res textures (which would be a several gigabyte download).

Doubt the high res textures will happen.

Guru
03-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Those are the only graphics options they give you? Jesus.

Von Dumbass
03-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Damn this game is so bad ass. I have never played a multiplayer game this fun. The only bad thing I can say about this game is I never get a good connection but nobody else in the lobby does either so it evens out.

Saulbadguy
03-25-2011, 08:25 PM
MAXIMUM SHIT

Von Dumbass
03-25-2011, 09:24 PM
MAXIMUM SHIT

Sorry that Crytek didn't live up to the expectations you PC gamers had but this game is still a shitload of fun to play. I really don't care all that much about graphics....

Pants
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Quit being a drama queen, Saul.

Deal with it.

Von Dumbass
03-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Best perk setup so far for me is Armor Enhance, Cloak Tracker, and Mobilty Enhance. Cloak Tracker fully upgraded is THE SHIT, I never die to cloaked people anymore. The only time I cloak is when I have to reload or regen my health. Only n00bs cloak in this game because if a guy with Armor sees you, you're dead 99/100 times.

The Scar w/ extended mags/reflex site and the automatic pistol w/ extended mags is pretty much all I use as far as guns go.

QuikSsurfer
03-26-2011, 11:49 AM
So 360 owners, is this game worth $60? I'm mostly interested in the SP campaign.

Hello? Is this thing on?

Von Dumbass
03-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Hello? Is this thing on?

I play on PS3 and I haven't played the campaign. Sorry.

Blankey
03-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Hello? Is this thing on?

Really depends if you think a great 7 hour campaign is worth $60 I guess. It would be more like a rent for me.

Guru
03-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Really depends if you think a great 7 hour campaign is worth $60 I guess. It would be more like a rent for me.Hell, with the exception of Red Dead Redemption most campaigns these days are 7 hours or less anyway.

Kraus
03-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Hello? Is this thing on?

Haven't played it yet.

Von Dumbass
03-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Finally got my KDR above 2. Pretty good IMO since I have only gotten host twice so far and 90% of my games I have had a 2 bar connection.

Saulbadguy
03-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Finally got my KDR above 2. Pretty good IMO since I have only gotten host twice so far and 90% of my games I have had a 2 bar connection.

:LOL: :banghead:

bowener
03-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Thankfully, more options are available through console commands.

But, that won't fix shitty textures. The only way they could salvage this game is with a DX11 patch AND high res textures (which would be a several gigabyte download).

Doubt the high res textures will happen.

I'm sure somebody/several people out there in the PC gaming community will have a hi-res texture mod within a few months, if not sooner. Go Chiefs probably has a few great forums for you to check out.

Von Dumbass
03-27-2011, 03:07 AM
:LOL: :banghead:

????

QuikSsurfer
03-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Bought it. The graphics are amazing and the combat is very battlefield-ish.
New game + mode seems to be becoming a standard for these kinds of games, thus replay ability.
I'm pleased with my purchase.

Von Dumbass
03-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Crysis 2 DirectX 11 Support and “Advanced Graphics Settings” Being Patched in Tomorrow

Crysis 2 has been taking quite a bit of heat around the web for a perceived lack of PC polish, and while much of this criticism is unjustified, the release of a new patch tomorrow should help bridge the gap for offended enthusiasts. According to a German website (and now confirmed by Crytek), DirectX 11 support is being patched in as of tomorrow, along with a new “Advanced Graphics menu” for those who like to tweak the special effects for maximum performance.

Crysis 2 did a pretty amazing job of showing us what is still possible in DirectX9, but lets face it, if your GPU supports tessellation, you’re probably an enthusiast who isn’t known for being particularly reasonable about your demands, and that’s why we love you!

If you were looking for a DirectX 11 killer app this just might be it. You can call it a console port if you like, but this latest update will ensure Crysis 2 will be making PC’s across the globe groan for years to come.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/crysis_2_directx_11_support_and_%E2%80%9Cadvanced_graphics_settings%E2%80%9D_being_patched_tomorrow

Saulbadguy
03-28-2011, 07:57 AM
That's certainly good news. I'm curious to see the improvements.

QuikSsurfer
03-28-2011, 08:06 AM
That's certainly good news. I'm curious to see the improvements.

Post screen comparisons will you? After the patch hits.

Saulbadguy
03-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Post screen comparisons will you? After the patch hits.

I didn't purchase the game. I'm sure plenty of screenshots will be available though.

Guru
03-28-2011, 08:21 AM
I didn't purchase the game. I'm sure plenty of screenshots will be available though.

But does that mean you don't have the game. heh

QuikSsurfer
03-28-2011, 08:25 AM

All this complaining and you don't even have the game? or you got it through some other means?

Saulbadguy
03-28-2011, 08:42 AM
But does that mean you don't have the game. heh

I don't pirate software/games.

Saulbadguy
03-28-2011, 08:43 AM
All this complaining and you don't even have the game? or you got it through some other means?

I complained because I would like to purchase and play the game, but shit like this prevented me from buying it - kind of like Modern Warfare 2.

Guru
03-28-2011, 08:43 AM
I don't pirate software/games.
Good for you.:thumb:

QuikSsurfer
03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I complained because I would like to purchase and play the game, but shit like this prevented me from buying it - kind of like Modern Warfare 2.

Gotcha.
What was the deal with MW2? Aside from no dedicated servers.

Saulbadguy
03-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Gotcha.
What was the deal with MW2? Aside from no dedicated servers.

My angst was well documented on this forum. The main issue was no dedicated servers, and no mod tools.

Crytek looks to be responding fairly well by producing a DX11 patch...and a day 1 patch, and a patch to remove AUTO-AIM.

Bump
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM

all the nerd raging on a great game and you've never even played it? ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-28-2011, 11:09 AM

Yeah - because no one ever does anything like that.

Guru
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM

The PC gaming community hold games to a higher standard than just gameplay. With the amount of money they tend to put into their computers to run these games a max quality they don't want a game that is dumbed down to console graphics.

Have you seen what the original Crysis looks like at Ultra High graphical settings?

Von Dumbass
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
The Crytek graphics programmer who confirmed the DX11 patch on his twitter has since deleted that post.

jiveturkey
04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Fun game. The graphics are pretty spectacular (for a console) but there are a ton of glitches or weird shit that happens. I've shot a ton of Cell guys and they go flying. They usually wind up on roof or something. Of I'll find one humping a corner (easy stealth kill).

The aliens look terrible.

Outside of that I'm enjoying it. I dig the suit and the story.

I've made it to the hive. Not sure how much more there is.

Hays
04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Next map pack dated for May 3rd xbox first

one map is in a hotel, another is at a zoo.

Zombies map called call of the dead.

Info on gamespot

Cave Johnson
04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Amazon has this on sale today for $40 (360/PS3). I'm in.

Guru
04-26-2011, 11:50 PM
I'll take a look at this after all the enhancements on PC are out and Steam has a ridiculous sale on it.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2011, 08:00 AM
I'll take a look at this after all the enhancements on PC are out and Steam has a ridiculous sale on it.

That's where i'm at.

Cave Johnson
09-09-2011, 02:11 PM
$20, comes out next month.

<div style="background-color:#<div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:720428" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:</a>, <a href='http://pc.gametrailers.com/'>PC Games</a>, <a href='http://ps3.gametrailers.com/'>PlayStation 3</a>, <a href='http://xbox360.gametrailers.com/'>Xbox 360</a></p></div></div>

Guru
03-31-2012, 02:54 AM
http://slickdeals.net/f/4145148-Crysis-2-PC-download-8-95?token=AAEBBQAAAAAEPD8__A
$9 for PC version via slickdeals.