PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Was Christ not the original Liberal?

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
With liberals being painted badly by the right (so called Christians) for wanting health care for all and wanting to help others improve living conditions (see Imigration) are these NOT things Christ would want? Go Chiefs!

BucEyedPea
06-14-2010, 07:04 PM
No Christ was not a Marxist or an progressive egalitarian. ( the correct words for today's liberal) We're not all equal per his views on talent.
He was a conservative. Traditional family values, true charity which is voluntary in order to enter his Kingdom and rendering under to Caesar's what is Caesar's—like collecting taxes which is done using force.

Taco John
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
With liberals being painted badly by the right (so called Christians) for wanting health care for all and wanting to help others improve living conditions (see Imigration) are these NOT things Christ would want? Go Chiefs!

To answer your question, no, not really.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Saul Good
06-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Christ called for individuals to help each other, not the government.

Taco John
06-14-2010, 07:23 PM

He also called for individuals to look to God for their needs, not the government.

Iowanian
06-14-2010, 08:10 PM
He also said Sloth is a sin. Help those who help themselves...

banyon
06-14-2010, 08:17 PM
He also called for individuals to look to God for their needs, not the government.

He also said render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, right?

Saul Good
06-14-2010, 08:18 PM

I take it back. He probably would have supported abortion.

mlyonsd
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM

/thread

Saul Good
06-14-2010, 08:33 PM
I love it when lefties think that they are going to blow the minds of the religious conservatives by suggesting that Jesus was for helping the poor.

stevieray
06-14-2010, 09:06 PM
No, just the Original.

Chiefshrink
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
He also said Sloth is a sin. Help those who help themselves...

You are right about Man committing sin when Man becomes 'slothful'.

However, no where in the Bible is there a verse that say's "God helps those who help themselves".

I get your point though that God wants his "children to be responsible and be good workers pulling their own weight and also pull for those who are "truly unable" to as well. But not for deadbeats.

One of my favorite stories of Jesus that I like to discuss with Libs when Jesus is brought up when discussing personal and society responsibility is the story of Jesus healing the blind man sitting at the pool of water begging for $ and playing the people.

Here is a man that has been blind for nearly all his life and Jesus knows this already before the blind man say's anything but what is the first question out of Jesus's mouth?

Do you "want" to be healed? The key word here is "want". Almost seems like a cruel question at first, but Jesus recognized "deadbeats" regardless of handicap. But Jesus wanted to do more than heal his physical blindness, he wanted to heal his heart for eternity.

I never give to the homeless on the street begging because the "truly homeless" will never let you know they are "truly homeless" because they are trying to pull their weight. Ever try to take up a beggar on his offer to work for $$, I have and they "always" refuse expecting the easy "pity buck". Just been my experience.

What question do you think Jesus would ask all these beggars on the streets with these signs?????????????????????????

Taco John
06-14-2010, 09:15 PM

Yeah. That was awesome.

SNR
06-14-2010, 09:15 PM
He absolutely was. Came from a working class background, had long hair, wore sandals, and didn't have a job.

Chiefshrink
06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
He absolutely was. Came from a working class background, had long hair, wore sandals, and didn't have a job.

No job???? He was a carpenter and back then to be a carpenter you were a "stud of a man" (pardon the pun).

Chiefshrink
06-14-2010, 09:22 PM

Why do you think Jesus said this?

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 09:31 PM
?
He was Pro_life? Is health care not Pro_Life? Go Chiefs!

|Zach|
06-14-2010, 09:32 PM
This is a worthless argument for silly people.

Maybe sportsshrink and maxsleeper can have a brainless "partisan hack off" or something.

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM

Does he not say to follow the laws of the land/elders? Go Chiefs!

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 09:36 PM
This is a worthless argument for silly people.

Maybe sportsshrink and maxsleeper can have a brainless "partisan hack off" or something.

Zach you have an MU based avatar so you have some good in you! Just a little debate no need to try to look all cool in front of your chat room friends! Go Chiefs!

petegz28
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM

So Jesus supported Gay Marriage (something I support) and abortions???

petegz28
06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
?
He was Pro_life? Is health care not Pro_Life? Go Chiefs!

So now abortions = health care? Are you fucking serious?

1% of abortions are performed for medical reasons, i.e., threat to the life of the mother.

Dave Lane
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
If he had, in fact, ever existed yes he would have been for most of the items so called "liberals" support.

BucEyedPea
06-14-2010, 10:22 PM
If he had, in fact, ever existed yes he would have been for most of the items so called "liberals" support.

No he wouldn't have. Only the part where he made all that free booze from water.

blaise
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
This reminds me of something some person in your dorm says, in your freshman year of college, and acts like he just split the atom.

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Christ probably wouldn't have you thrown into prison if you don't tithe your "fair share" the way liberals like to do.

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 10:26 PM
So Jesus supported Gay Marriage (something I support) and abortions???

He would tell you not to judge people only try to teach them. An abortion would surely be a sin in God's eyes but that is why Christ died for our sins so man would/could be forgiven to sin no more. Good to see you Petey! Go Chiefs!

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Christ probably wouldn't have you thrown into prison if you don't tithe your "fair share" the way liberals like to do.

Do you mean getting thrown in prison for getting into a wreck...hurting someone while not having auto insurance? Go Chiefs!

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Do you mean getting thrown in prison for getting into a wreck...hurting someone while not having auto insurance? Go Chiefs!

No I don't mean like that, whatever that was supposed to mean.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2010, 10:36 PM
LMAO This thread is gold.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.]

Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23]

You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24]

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 10:38 PM
This reminds me of something some person in your dorm says, in your freshman year of college, and acts like he just split the atom.

Just a ? to debate.... no need to act like the spoiled jealous peckerhead roommate of the kid trying to split the atom! Go Chiefs!

Mr. Flopnuts
Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.]

Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23]

You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24]

Listen bro, it's 2010. We're all educated, and advanced in civil ways now. We go to church on Sundays to be Christian. What we do with the rest of our week is our business, and our business alone. That's what Sundays are for. Washing away sin.

Chiefspants
I love it when lefties think that they are going to blow the minds of the religious conservatives by suggesting that Jesus was for helping the poor.

But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.]

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Rich people are Evil. (barry 1:1)

Mr. Flopnuts
06-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Rich people are Evil. (barry 1:1)

Let's take some and spread it around. (barry 1:2)

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Listen bro, it's 2010. We're all educated, and advanced in civil ways now. We go to church on Sundays to be Christian. What we do with the rest of our week is our business, and our business alone. That's what Sundays are for. Washing away sin.

You could use that exact argument to justify rape, murder, or, while we're at it, abortion. This line of reasoning justifies absolutely any sin.

"Sinning's okay! Because god will forgive me come sunday!" =)

max sleeper
06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
So now abortions = health care? Are you ****ing serious?

1% of abortions are performed for medical reasons, i.e., threat to the life of the mother.
My point was access to healthcare is Pro-Life! Helping a person be healthy and living a life free of pain or illness... hence Pro-Life! Pro-Life is more than just being against abortion. Go Chiefs!

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
You could use that exact argument to justify rape, murder, or, while we're at it, abortion. This line of reasoning justifies absolutely any sin.

"Sinning's okay! Because god will forgive me come sunday!" =)

Yeah, because working for and earning a lot of money is exactly the same as raping, murdering, or while we're at it, having an abortion.

blaise
06-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Just a ? to debate.... no need to act like the spoiled jealous peckerhead roommate of the kid trying to split the atom! Go Chiefs!

Just making an observation. No need to get emotional. If you need to cry just take a few moments.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah, because working for and earning a lot of money is exactly the same as raping, murdering, or while we're at it, having an abortion.

The bible condemns greed as well as rape and murder.

I don't understand how the people who ignore some parts of the bible scream the loudest at Gay Rights, stem cell research, or other similar issues.

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:47 PM

I don't understand how the people who ignore some parts of the bible scream the loudest at Gay Rights, stem cell research, or other similar issues.

You don't have to be greedy to be rich, and you don't have to give all or even any, of your money away to be a Christian. Stow that crap.

blaise
06-14-2010, 10:49 PM

You act like you know what those people do with the money that they make. Being successful and earning money isn't the same as being greedy.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 10:49 PM
You don't have to be greedy to be rich, and you don't have to give all or even any, of your money away to be a Christian. Stow that crap.

Luke 14:33 (Phi) "Only the man who says goodbye to all his possessions can be my disciple."

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Luke 14:33 (Phi) "Only the man who says goodbye to all his possessions can be my disciple."

There were only 12 of those, so I guess that must be true.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 10:51 PM
There were only 12 of those, so I guess that must be true.

Oh, so now that it's more difficult to give those possessions away, this verse must be irrelevant.

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Oh, so now that it's more difficult to give those possessions away, this verse must be irrelevant.

It is irrelevant, since nobody chooses to live in a doorway because they gave all of their money and house away.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 10:55 PM
It is irrelevant, since nobody chooses to live in a doorway because they gave all of their money and house away.

So what would Jesus rather you do, give your money away to a fellow human being or towards your own personal possessions?

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:56 PM
So what would Jesus rather you do, give your money away to a fellow human being or towards your own personal possessions?

I would guess Jesus would rather I take care of my family and not give everything away in a pointless show of piety.

blaise
06-14-2010, 10:56 PM

And I love how many liberals who like to point out religious hypocrisy, and also claim we need to help the poor, sit around on their asses all day, never volunteering or donating a dime, and complain that others don't give their fair share while churches feed and clothe thousands of poor people every day.
Is that the kind of hypocrisy you're talking about?

Brock
06-14-2010, 10:57 PM
And I love how many liberals who like to point out religious hypocrisy and also claim we need to help the poor, sit around on their asses all day, never volunteering or donating a dime, and complain that others don't give their fair share while churches feed and clothe thousands of poor people every day.

:clap:

BucEyedPea
06-14-2010, 11:00 PM
And I love how many liberals who like to point out religious hypocrisy, and also claim we need to help the poor, sit around on their asses all day, never volunteering or donating a dime, and complain that others don't give their fair share while churches feed and clothe thousands of poor people every day.

Yeah, because they're all about using other people's money and not their own. They're really just greedy takers. Forcing others to give so they can take even on behalf of others.

BucEyedPea
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM

What about greedy govt?

headsnap
06-14-2010, 11:03 PM

this post needs to be quoted at least another 500 times in this thread!!!:clap:

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 11:05 PM
And I love how many liberals who like to point out religious hypocrisy and also claim we need to help the poor, sit around on their asses all day, never volunteering or donating a dime, and complain that others don't give their fair share while churches feed and clothe thousands of poor people every day.

No, it's the hypocrisy of ignoring the religion of love which is advocated throughout the entire bible. Now, I am not going to say that all Christians are this way, but I have run into so many "Christians" at my school who would never reach out to their fellow person.

For example, my favorite parable of the entire bible is the parable of the Good Samaritan, I am sure you all know of this story. if my memory is correct, it is where a poor Samaritan reached out to help a beaten jew after the jew was ignored by a priest who had walked by earlier. This is the parable that I attempt to live by, and I feel that too many people seem to neglect this lesson in our present society.

Furthermore, I cannot stand the Hate protests over gay rights, the bible said so much more against Divorce, yet do we see protests all over the country about our 50% Divorce rate? It is this kind of Hypocrisy that I cannot stand.

And as for my views on the whole matter of Gay Rights, (Assuming someone would ask me.) I feel that since I do not wield the hammer of judgment, I have no say on the matter. And, The pope, a preacher, me and all of you have sinned just as often as any homosexual who has ever lived. What is allowing us to reach salvation but is preventing a homosexual individual?

Anyways, Tangent over.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 11:09 PM
What about greedy govt?

Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. [Matthew 22:21]

This is the only verse I can think of when asked that question, if you have any more you would like to contribute to the conversation, feel free to do so.

Jenson71
06-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Jesus' political opinions always tend to be eerily similar to the political opinions of the commentator who is trying to convince people what Jesus' political opinions were.

Taco John's Jesus is libertarian Jesus. I read the most pitiful argument from Taco John about how this was true. Taco John, a guy who lives in Oregon and spends a great majority of his life on internet message boards, got a marketing degree from Idaho and sells insurance or something, knows what Jesus' 21st century political beliefs were/are.

Keep in mind that Taco John doesn't know Aramaic, the language that Jesus spoke. He doesn't even know Greek, the language that the people who first wrote about Jesus spoke and wrote in. Oh, yeah, sure, he's read second hand accounts of Jesus' good deeds in third hand translations. But he doesn't know when the Bible was put together, why it was put together, and who put it together. He barely knows a few things about the historical context Jesus lived in.

But he definitely knows that Jesus was a libertarian and would have voted for Ron Paul.

That and all this other stuff about Jesus being a liberal, a libertarian, a Republican, a Marxist, or a social-democrat, is all pretty comical. Submit it to a historical journal, and see how fast you get rejected.

I think it's great that people ask, "Would Jesus approve of this?" (we should always asks ourselves if our action is ethical) but we run a lot of risks that tend to get materialized in our simplistic schemes. It's dangerous, in a theological and intellectual and ethical way.

cdcox
06-14-2010, 11:33 PM
That and all this other stuff about Jesus being a liberal, a libertarian, a Republican, a Marxist, or a social-democrat, is all pretty comical.

:clap:

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Jesus' political opinions always tend to be eerily similar to the political opinions of the commentator who is trying to convince people what Jesus' political opinions were.

Taco John's Jesus is libertarian Jesus. I read the most pitiful argument from Taco John about how this was true. Taco John, a guy who lives in Oregon and spends a great majority of his life on internet message boards, got a marketing degree from Idaho and sells insurance or something, knows what Jesus' 21st century political beliefs were/are.

Keep in mind that Taco John doesn't know Aramaic, the language that Jesus spoke. He doesn't even know Greek, the language that the people who first wrote about Jesus spoke and wrote in. Oh, yeah, sure, he's read second hand accounts of Jesus' good deeds in third hand translations. But he doesn't know when the Bible was put together, why it was put together, and who put it together. He barely knows a few things about the historical context Jesus lived in.

But he definitely knows that Jesus was a libertarian and would have voted for Ron Paul.

That and all this other stuff about Jesus being a liberal, a libertarian, a Republican, a Marxist, or a social-democrat, is all pretty comical. Submit it to a historical journal, and see how fast you get rejected.

I must say, this was a beautifully constructed response, but I can I ask a few questions?

In your argument, you point out that the second hand accounts of Jesus' good deeds are written in third hand translations, but isn't this an argument used against the New Testament as a whole, and not just Jesus' 21st century Political beliefs?

But if someone does consider the bible to be true, wouldn't the bible be the our only reference to search for whatever Jesus' political beliefs may have been?

cdcox
06-14-2010, 11:42 PM
But if someone does consider the bible to be true, wouldn't the bible be the our only reference to search for whatever Jesus' political beliefs may have been?

Yes and it would be the only place to look for what his favorite football team would be too.

But Jesus didn't become incarnate to support political beliefs or to root for football teams.

He became incarnate to save the world from sin.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Yes and it would be the only place to look for what his favorite football team would be too.

But Jesus didn't become incarnate to support political beliefs or to root for football teams.

He became incarnate to save the world from sin.

Um, dumbass, God clearly wishes us to support whatever team his son Tebow is playing on. ;)

cdcox
06-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Um, dumbass, God clearly wishes us to support whatever team his son Tebow is playing on. ;)

Ain't no way God is a Donk's fan.

Chiefspants
06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Ain't no way God is a Donk's fan.

Well, sadly, it seems like God is no fan of the Kansas City sports teams.

Jenson71
06-15-2010, 12:02 AM
I must say, this was a beautifully constructed response, but I can I ask a few questions?

In your argument, you point out that the second hand accounts of Jesus' good deeds are written in third hand translations, but isn't this an argument used against the New Testament as a whole, and not just Jesus' 21st century Political beliefs?

Against the New Testament as a whole? Of the numerous writings/letters/lessons in the NT, there are 4 accounts of Jesus' life. Some of them contain differences. Some contain contradictions about Jesus' life (was Jesus confident or scared on His way to the cross? Depends whose story you read). These accounts contain great stories about Jesus, and some great lessons for how we should live our life. But nowhere does Jesus give some explanation of the best government or political policies. Jesus does not indicate whether socialism is good, whether capitalism is good, whether Obama's health care plan is good, whether democracy is good, or whether monarchy is good. For some reason, God, in His infinite wisdom, let us forge our own path in political science with little guidance.

I've read the New Testament. A few times. I'm very certain those teachings are not there.

I'm very strongly pro-life. I don't need mystical interpretations of Jesus quotes to justify this. I need a conviction and an ethical base.

Great Christians throughout the centuries have been in favor of monarchy, democracy, capitalism, socialism. For centuries in many areas of Western Civilization, it was just for a king to rule his subjects like God ruled heaven.

You can be a great Christian and think that humans should strive to have some powerful apparatus control the means of production, handing out equally to all people.

You can be a great Christian and think that the apparatus is impractical, and think that free enterprise is the ideal way of allowing God's blessings of talents on individuals to matriculate into actuality.

You can be a great Christian and think FDR was a great president. Or you can think Reagan was.

My statement was kind of a blanket one. That was done intentionally. My point is simply that as a Christian and a student of history, I find these debates sloppy and silly and tiresome, and very much lacking of actual historical data on what Jesus actually would have thought about such and such a problem.

Chiefspants
06-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Against the New Testament as a whole? Of the numerous writings/letters/lessons in the NT, there are 4 accounts of Jesus' life. Some of them contain differences. Some contain contradictions about Jesus' life (was Jesus confident or scared on His way to the cross? Depends whose story you read). These accounts contain great stories about Jesus, and some great lessons for how we should live our life. But nowhere does Jesus give some explanation of the best government or political policies. Jesus does not indicate whether socialism is good, whether capitalism is good, whether Obama's health care plan is good, whether democracy is good, or whether monarchy is good. For some reason, God, in His infinite wisdom, let us forge our own path in political science with little guidance.

I've read the New Testament. A few times. I'm very certain those teachings are not there.

I'm very strongly pro-life. I don't need mystical interpretations of Jesus quotes to justify this. I need a conviction and an ethical base.

Great Christians throughout the centuries have been in favor of monarchy, democracy, capitalism, socialism. For centuries in many areas of Western Civilization, it was just for a king to rule his subjects like God ruled heaven.

You can be a great Christian and think that humans should strive to have some powerful apparatus control the means of production, handing out equally to all people.

You can be a great Christian and think that the apparatus is impractical, and think that free enterprise is the ideal way of allowing God's blessings of talents on individuals to matriculate into actuality.

You can be a great Christian and think FDR was a great president. Or you can think Reagan was.

My statement was kind of a blanket one. That was done intentionally. My point is simply that as a Christian, I find these debates sloppy and silly and tiresome, and very much lacking of actual historical data on what Jesus actually would have thought about such and such a problem.

Fantastic response, I have no further questions regarding this topic.

googlegoogle
06-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Nice thread Max. You guys are really grasping.

NewChief
06-15-2010, 05:18 AM

My statement was kind of a blanket one. That was done intentionally. My point is simply that as a Christian and a student of history, I find these debates sloppy and silly and tiresome, and very much lacking of actual historical data on what Jesus actually would have thought about such and such a problem.

Absolutely wonderful response. Seriously.

The main problem is that today's political and religious climate (for the most part) ignores this historic reality. There's pretty much an unspoken assumption from one side of the aisle that if you're a "real" Christian, then you vote Republican. If you don't vote Republican, then you're, at best, inauthentic or weak in your faith and at worst a wolf in sheep's clothing speaking with a forked tongue (to mix animal metaphors).

penchief
06-15-2010, 07:36 AM
egalitarian ( the correct words for today's liberal)

Says who? You? pffff.

Yes, I know that you think you are the authority on everything liberal and conservative but you are so agenda-driven and so out of touch with reality that anything you say can be attributed to your ideological zeal as opposed to objective analysis.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You only think you do.

stevieray
06-15-2010, 07:53 AM
. There's pretty much an unspoken assumption from one side of the aisle that if you're a "real" Christian, then you vote Republican. If you don't vote Republican, then you're, at best, inauthentic or weak in your faith and at worst a wolf in sheep's clothing speaking with a forked tongue (to mix animal metaphors).

BS.

alpha_omega
06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
This might be the worst thread ever in this forum.

RedDread
06-15-2010, 08:16 AM
http://thedailycultist.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/jesus-vs-jeezus.jpg

Jilly
06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Impossible to have this conversation in today's world. Most people have no clue who the historical Jesus really was because they lack the knowledge of ancient Israel or Greece, the ethos of the system of governments and the connection of that to religion. We can say Jesus was a liberal ancient Jewish man, but we can't say Jesus was a liberal American. Not everything Jesus said or did is relevant to 2010 in American life.

RaiderH8r
06-15-2010, 03:00 PM
If Christ was a liberal he wouldn't believe in himself or his Father so this whole bullshit thread would be moot anyway.

Radar Chief
06-15-2010, 03:19 PM
http://thedailycultist.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/jesus-vs-jeezus.jpg

“God hates fags” you say?

|Zach|
06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
If Christ was a liberal he wouldn't believe in himself or his Father so this whole bullshit thread would be moot anyway.

Stuff like this is fantastic.

NewChief
06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Stuff like this is fantastic.

Especially in light of post #69. Raiderh8r basically illustrates my point that stevieray claimed was BS. Heh.

|Zach|
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Especially in light of post #69. Raiderh8r basically illustrates my point that stevieray claimed was BS. Heh.

BS is the new FYP. Whatever you can do to not have to honestly and substantively talk about something.

stevieray
06-15-2010, 04:15 PM

not to speak for him, but I took it as a joke..if he was serious..then both statements are BS, based on broad generalizations grounded in party politics and not reality.

by your logic, one white racist makes every white person racist.

stevieray
06-15-2010, 04:15 PM
BS is the new FYP. Whatever you can do to not have to honestly and substantively talk about something.

still frothing.

LOCOChief
06-15-2010, 08:16 PM
There have been multiple studies that have show conservatives to be more charitable than liberals but maybe it's the debil that makes us righties give, give give.

max sleeper
06-15-2010, 08:54 PM
There have been multiple studies that have show conservatives to be more charitable than liberals but maybe it's the debil that makes us righties give, give give.

Have any links to these studies? Go Chiefs!

RaiderH8r
06-16-2010, 09:03 AM
not to speak for him, but I took it as a joke..if he was serious..then both statements are BS, based on broad generalizations grounded in party politics and not reality.

by your logic, one white racist makes every white person racist.

Yes, it was a joke. And a fantastic one at that.

Besides, I think it is clear that the Lord LeBron hath smote the idolotrous image of the Christ figure in Ohio as a warning to all Ohioans that they better get their shit straight or the Lord LeBron will be risen and getting his contract somewhere else bitches.

I worship Joe Pesci and I'm pretty sure Joe Pesci doesn't go in for that hippie crap. Well, let's be clear, it's not "Joe Pesci" per se but the gangsters he plays. Those guys get shit done and will smite some mf'ers. The Lord Joe Pesci smote that dick bag in the bar with his own ball point pen after he was a dick to the Lord Joe Pesci's buddy Ace. If you aren't down with that kind of smiting them I'm not entirely sure I want to know you

BucEyedPea
06-16-2010, 09:32 AM

Well yes, with a key difference. Righties do it with their own money—as Christ
taught. Lefties ( their real label) do it with other people's money and use force (govt and IRS) and violence to take it. That's called theft and Christ taught us to not steal or to covet they neighbor's goods. But you see, they feel the ends justifies the means. One cannot achieve a good or ethical/moral end with criminal means though. It's just setting aside principles.

Jilly
06-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Well yes, with a key difference. Righties do it with their own money—as Christ
taught. Lefties ( their real label) do it with other people's money and use force (govt and IRS) and violence to take it. That's called theft and Christ taught us to not steal or to covet they neighbor's goods. But you see, they feel the ends justifies the means. One cannot achieve a good or ethical/moral end with criminal means though. It's just setting aside principles.

I'm not sure Christ even had his own money. Actually, I don't remember Jesus giving anyone money at all. He said to look after people - like widows, orphans, the poor. I remember him telling a story about the widow who only had two coins, but gave them in the temple and it was all she had. And I remember him going to Zaccheus the tax collector's house for dinner which made Zaccheus not want to be a cheater and a liar anymore. I remember him telling the rich young ruler that the only way he could get into heaven was to give away all his stuff....and numerous other stories....

but I'm not sure the idea you are referring to can even be compared to Jesus. He never quite gives an example of money.....and what should be done with it - if it should be given to gov't or to individuals or to the church. At least not that I can think of. As far as Jesus in regards to economic wealth and where money should go.....there's no real example of that.

There's always the Render unto Caesar statement, but there's a hell of a lot more to that than what people think.....mainly because the action that accompanies the story, tells more of the story. And then there's the time he turned the tables over in the temple because there were money lenders in the temple.... so that makes me think he doesn't really like gov't work done in a church, but there's no vice versa example of that. At least that I can recall.

Jilly
06-16-2010, 11:21 AM
This is a horribly long paper, but very informative that someone wrote.....it's a research paper, obviously, but it seems to know a great deal about Biblical economics. It's a little heady and wordy and difficult to understand at times, but interesting, if you're into this kind of thing. http://conference.het.gr/HET/pdf/Gotsis.pdf

BucEyedPea
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm not sure Christ even had his own money. Actually, I don't remember Jesus giving anyone money at all. He said to look after people - like widows, orphans, the poor. I remember him telling a story about the widow who only had two coins, but gave them in the temple and it was all she had. And I remember him going to Zaccheus the tax collector's house for dinner which made Zaccheus not want to be a cheater and a liar anymore. I remember him telling the rich young ruler that the only way he could get into heaven was to give away all his stuff....and numerous other stories....

but I'm not sure the idea you are referring to can even be compared to Jesus. He never quite gives an example of money.....and what should be done with it - if it should be given to gov't or to individuals or to the church. At least not that I can think of. As far as Jesus in regards to economic wealth and where money should go.....there's no real example of that.

There's always the Render unto Caesar statement, but there's a hell of a lot more to that than what people think.....mainly because the action that accompanies the story, tells more of the story. And then there's the time he turned the tables over in the temple because there were money lenders in the temple.... so that makes me think he doesn't really like gov't work done in a church, but there's no vice versa example of that. At least that I can recall.
It doesn't have to be money literally. The point is he was for true charity which is voluntary and not coerced by the force and violence of the state which makes it legalized theft and slavery. He kept his kingdom as a spiritual non-earthly one and left Caesar to his own area.

Pioli Zombie
06-16-2010, 12:21 PM
I think its hilarious when people try to back up their stupid political beliefs by dragging Jesus Christ down into it, as if he would somehow lower himself to be associated with either political party. The Religious conservatives I know would disgust Jesus because they are very comfortable going on and on and on about politics but ask them to talk about what Jesus means to them and they clam up. And liberals talk about what a cool dude Jesus was and they have no clue what Jesus asks of us.
Point is, want to obsess on the cesspool of politics go have at it. Just don't tarnish who Jesus is by associating him with it. Its truly pathetic.

Jilly
06-16-2010, 12:30 PM
It doesn't have to be money literally. The point is he was for true charity which is voluntary and not coerced by the force and violence of the state which makes it legalized theft and slavery. He kept his kingdom as a spiritual non-earthly one and left Caesar to his own area.

Personally, I think Jesus didn't like money at all. Pretty sure his charity had more to do with the way we treat people. And again, impossible to make the comparison of that political system, economic system with ours today.

Jenson71
06-16-2010, 06:33 PM

Correct, Buc, Jesus was an anarchist. And he smoked marijuana.

Jesus hates the United States because our taxes make us slaves. And he hated slaves. Because there are so many verses about hating slavery (which was a regular occurrence) by Jesus.

You're just another moron with a bent opinion, high emotion, and little facts. It would be better if you had never been born. You're hurting children. You should be tied up and thrown in the sea.

Chiefspants
06-16-2010, 11:25 PM
I love how Jenson tore this thread to shreds.

Pioli Zombie
06-17-2010, 06:51 AM
"I'm Wolf Blitzer here with the best political team in the business. First up to offer his analysis of the Presidents speech, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"